Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Civic Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,968
    First of all, have you ever heard of paragraphs? Makes reading the above post difficult without them. Why on earth did you ever buy a 2nd Civic if you hated the 1st one? Get yourself another make of car and just move on. Life's way to short to have to go through all this. Lastly, use your brain when speaking...you always get more with honey than vinegar...makes life so much easier.

Love my '06 LX and did have the rear work done on the suspension and also got reimbursed 1/2 the price of my 2 ruined tires. But I tried to be polite and professional...guess what, it worked!

The Sandman :sick: :shades:

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• alamocityalamocity Member Posts: 680
    Have you checked with Holmes Honda?
  • RobynnRobynn Member Posts: 18
    I saw the 0.9% APR and 1.9% APR available on Honda.com. I'm in california.
  • mrclean53mrclean53 Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a 2009 honda civic sedan and I get maximum 29mpg city and 39 mpg hwy.I drive the speed limit and don't accelerate rapidly.I also use cruise control on the hwy. and also go speed limit.I think driving at a steady pace will help to improve your mileage.
  • jogousajogousa Member Posts: 402
    edited March 2010
    Most neighboring States have mutual agreements when it comes to collection of sales taxes.

Normally, you pay sales tax in the State, where you purchase the car. If the sales tax is more there, you get a refund in the State, where you register your vehicle. If the sales tax is lower, you pay the difference in the State, where you register your car.

That's how it works here in NW Florida where many people buy cars in neighboring Alabama or Georgia. It's a tri-State sales tax agreement.

In some States, you buy a car without paying sales tax, you get a 30-day temporary license plate and you pay sales tax, when you register your car in your city/State.
  • ickick Member Posts: 17
    Can you share with me the dealer and the contact person please? thank much!
    cc_work@yahoo.com
  • banshabansha Member Posts: 4
    Does the selling price of $16,191 include destination ($710)? If yes, I think the selling price is pretty good. It's on the lower end of the prices I've been seeing on various websites (see details below).

Can you tell me which dealer you're working with? I'm planning to buy an LX next month.

Details

I've been tracking the pricing of this car on various websites on a weekly basis since November 2009. The selliing price (including destination) as of 3/6/10 are shown below.

Edmunds (17280)
    Truecars (17619)
    Overstock (16150) [zip code 94804; dealer appears to be Grace Honda, San Bruno]
    KKB (18554)
    cars.com (17459)
    Carsdirect (16828)
  • pricewpricew Member Posts: 18
    Bought 2010 Honda Civic auto LX-S with Tint (need that in Texas heat) 2 days ago
    16,200 including destination and handling
    +TTL + 50 documentation fee.
    = 17579 OTD
    Dealer tried to sell mudguards , tinting, pinstriping, wheel locks, all weather mats etc. for another 1500. Had been negotiating with couple of dealers for couple of weeks on email and phone.

One common tactic is that a dealer will promise to beat the others offer. What they do not elaborate on is that it has to be written. So you got to use email to negotiate but the dealers also know this. The dealer I went with quoted 16400 but I counteredt with 16000 and he said to come to dealership and make that offer and it would be upto a GM to accept. We finally agreed on a civic LXS auto 2010 for 16,200 which included shipping and handling.

I was thinking about buying a Corolla and the incentives are great but ultimately I like the look and interior of the civic better. Also did not want to always wonder when the corolla will "take off "

Anyway the dealer who did not sell to me said he would have beaten my deal and sold to me the LX-S for 15800. Not sure I believe him but who knows.

Finally getting genuine new Honda mudguards and wheel locks online from Bernardi Honda for 55 for set of 4 + 29 for set of 4 and key. Total 105 with shipping. Supposedly one can install the mudguards oneself with included screws. Wheel Locks my local Discount tire store says he will put it on for free if I buy hazard insurance and wheel balance for 65 bucks.

Now you the whole story.

PW
    edited March 2010
    Me too. My best offer OTD on a LX is now 17950. ($16141 before tax and doc fee)
    But with $1000 dealer cash back now until 5/3/2010. we should be able to get even better price.
  • philo22philo22 Member Posts: 3
    edited March 2010
    Hi All,

If you opt for the special financing are you also eligible for the $500.00 loyalty cash and either the $850 or $650 dealer cash that's apparently available? Has all of this been superseded by the $1000.00 marketing incentive?

I'm trying to get the dealer to drop at least $750 below invoice (with 1.9% financing) on an Civic Sedan EX-L. Is this a realistic deal?

Thanks for the help!
    Philo22
  • beezer86beezer86 Member Posts: 13
    Can anyone in north or central jersey recommend an inexpensive dealer for a Civic?

Jacknibbs - did you buy a car?
  • isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    No, it's not realistic. You are trying to use "double coupons".

If you take the 1.9 financing the dealer loses his incentive.

It's one of the other. Not both.
  • bkgravesbkgraves Member Posts: 1
    Atlanta, GA area
    Dealt with 4 local dealers lowest quote $16,666 before taxes/fees. Jerked us around, wasted my time, wouldn't stop calling.
    USAA Car buying service lists $16,200 "no haggle" price for members before taxes/fees. (interestingly, same dealership as the $16,666)
    Went with a $17,000 drive off price request to dealers, got laughed at by everyone, but got an email back from Willett Honda South in Morrow, GA about an hour away. Offered $16,873 as drive off price "internet special".
    $15,299 car price, 950ish taxes, 600 dealer fees (I didn't bother negotiating this because the salesman didn't waste my time and was the only one to meet my price, you could get it lower if you wanted)
    They want you to use their financing to get that price, but we paid with our own with no issue.
    Great experience there, probably had more to do with the salesman than anything.
    Love the car, came off the truck the same day we bought it with 9 miles.
  • chelliredchellired Member Posts: 13
    Bought a 2010 Civic EX sedan AT last week at Norris Honda in Dundalk, MD (Baltimore area).

Vehicle: $17650
    Dest: $710
    Extras: $130 (wheel locks/mud guards)
    Doc fee: $99
    Tax: $1115
    Tags: $237
    OTD: $19941

Edmunds TMV: $18853 --- Got mine for $18360 :) (or 18490 incl extras)
    I used the special APR and got Atomic Blue. Love the color!! The deal was worked out online so no hassles when I went in. They even had my tags in stock (I got the "bay plate" and I didn't expect them to have the special ones on site but they did).

Also, Norris has an "Extra Mile Plan" that is FREE and includes lifetime engine/transmission protection, free unlimited car washes, $9.95 oil changes and others.
  • notoriousrodnotoriousrod Member Posts: 19
    edited March 2010
    I went to Freeway Honda in Tustin, CA and was about to sign the paper work for this car for $18,200 + Tax + DMV Fees.

My Sister just for a 2010 Civic LX. She said she thought she got a good deal with $17,750 + Tax + DMV. So I thought I should start there, so I knew that the difference with the LX and LX-S was $600, so I negotiated down to $18,200.

I thought I was getting a deal, but luckily they left me in the office for a while, and I went HERE, and have been seeing crazy lower prices. After seeing this forum, I decided to walk.

**sigh**

What prices should I be expecting (in CA) for a 4 Door LX or LX-S?

Thanks In Advance.
    There's $1000 dealer cashback right now? I looked all over the Honda site and didn't see anything?
    They won't tell you on the website, and it very by model. Civic you get $1000 dealer cash back. check out http://www.autobrag.com
    the deal is good till 5/3 according to the website.
    lower than $18.5k OTD for sure.
    I've gotten some quotes back and the lowest they offered was $16,711 for an LX-S.

They said they've already applied the $1000. Does that sound right? Or should I be able to apply this after?
    I've gotten some quotes back and the lowest they offered was $16,711 for an LX-S.

They said they've already applied the $1000. Does that sound right? Or should I be able to apply this after?
    Hi All,

I recently received word from a CT dealer--after I went ahead and purchased locally in NY--that his dealership is now willing to work deals that include both the $1000 cash back AND the 1.9% financing!

I found the dealer--Executive Honda in Wallingford--through Truecar.com. If interested, contact the internet sales manager.

Best of luck to all!
  • loud0g40ozloud0g40oz Member Posts: 79
    I just leased an LX-S automatic Tuesday night from Hardin Honda in Anaheim. The price of the car was $16993 + ttl. I negotiated it ahead of time via email, but their initial quote was $17191 + ttl. I might have been able to email more and save another 100 or 2, but I felt the deal was good and they didnt give me any hassles when i came in. They also had all the colors in stock so i didnt have to settle for a color i didnt want.
    If they do that deal, they will lose money.

It's either the incentive or the financing. Not both.
    I was off yesterday and came in to learn that Honda has now combined the low finance rates with the incentive. Unbelievable!

I've never seen this before. What a time to buy a new Honda!
  • manmanmmanmanm Member Posts: 7
    17k is the price a local dealer gave me. in my opinion it is much higher than my expectation. Does any one know a proper otd price for this trim, auto transmission? Thanks in advance.
  • jogousajogousa Member Posts: 402
    edited March 2010
    Yes, that is unusual... However, those low finance rates are applicable only for folks with crystal clean credit record and in this economy, not that many people will qualify.

But, I agree, it's time to buy one now!
  • anm0101anm0101 Member Posts: 1
    Just bought a 2010 Honda Civic LX automatic yesterday. After a lot of researching and negotiating at a couple of dealerships, I paid $15,899 plus tax, title, license. Got that price with 1.9% financing for 60 months. This was from a dealership in the Cleveland, Ohio area. Thanks to all of the previous posts, this forum was extremely helpful!
    I'm not sure what you mean by "crystal clean" credit but In my neck of the woods anyway, most of the people who apply are approved.

Your credit doesn't have to be perfect but it does have to be good and most people fit into that catagory.
  • patman36patman36 Member Posts: 12
    I was offered a 2010 LX-S (auto) for $16,888 plus their $99 doc fee. Does not include TT&L. This includes the rebate and the sales manager said they can also do the 1.9% financing for 60 months. I have bought a Honda from this dealership before and this seems like a good price. Thoughts?
    I finalized a deal with Fladeboe Honda (Irvine) for $16,582 for a total OTD price of $18,408.49. This was after dealing with about 8 different dealers in my local area. The following day dealerships were calling and after finding out what I paid, they said they wouldn't have been able to beat that price.

2010 Civic LX-S Sedan.
  • jbg108jbg108 Member Posts: 8
    Hi, I'm pulling the trigger today on an EX-L Civic. Right now I'm at 19,900 paying cash. This is way below invioce and Holdback so I think it's a good deal. I plan on going after another couple hundred and doing the deal later today. Any advice beyond that? Thanks

I'm also shopping for a Honda Care Extended Waranty. So far Hyannis Honda is the cheapest at $25 below Sacucci and Bernardi is higher. I plan on using Hyannis Honda? Bob there was very nice on the phone.

Thanks
  • lucky15lucky15 Member Posts: 72
    Don`t bother with the extended warranty, chances are you will never use it, I have a 09 EX-L coupe I bought in February of last year, that is going on 14 months ago and I haven`t taken mine back for one things so far, no squeaks, no rattles, no nothing. Hondas are very reliable. The warranites are limited, once you read the fine print you will be suprised as to what they don`t cover. The sticker price on mine was $23,000, I got mine for $20,000, you may be able to negioate a little more, I think I could have gotten mine for less if I would have taken the time.
  • jbg108jbg108 Member Posts: 8
    Thanks for the advice. I think I still want the Honda Care. I have a low apitite for risk. It feels good to be protected.
    $19,900 for the EX-L is a good price, but not a great one. You should be able to get the price down another $300 minimum.
  • peskypolepeskypole Member Posts: 4
    Sent 7 requests for email quote.Lowest is $15,900 including destination fee plus 289 doc fee and they want me to name my price to get the sale done so they can clear another Civic. It's a buyers market. Gonna make a move LAST day of the month.
  • njnewcarbuyernjnewcarbuyer Member Posts: 6
    I need help.....A dealer is ignoring my requests to send his quote in writing (via email)...He has verbally agreed to the lowest LX OTD quote so far ($17,500 all incl)......The problem is that he is located very far from where I live....I want to use his quote to see if other dealers will match or beat his quote...But all of them are asking for a written quote...Any recommendation from the forum members will be highly appreciated !!
  • samand2222samand2222 Member Posts: 6
    edited March 2010
    That's a nice number.... may be worth a long drive to the dealer.
    Is this quote for Civic LX A5 Sedan? I am also looking for one, can you give me
    the name of this dealer?
    Yes...it is for a Civic LX A5 Sedan...Garden State Honda, NJ....Let me know if you can get a better quote from them !!
    Sounds like a smart dealer.

He knows you will simply print out his written quote and use it against him.

That's a great way to lose a sale over 25.00 and he knows it.

If other stores do send you written quotes, call that other store last and let them know what you have.

Just make sure everything is disclosed. Accessories? Destination charges?
    I am going to call this dealer today ... are you using dealer financing or cash?
    I am financing...since they are combining the offer with the low honda finance rates.
    edited March 2010
    Does anyone know for a fact that the Civic GX is indeed eligible for the special APR financing? I know the $1,000 manufacturer to dealer incentive excludes the GX, but the terms of special APR on Honda's website does not exclude any specific model.

Edit - FYI that I did ask my dealer, they weren't sure.
    I'm not sure either but I think they are excluded.

I'm still trying to figure out WHY anyone would want one of these?
    called the dealer got quote of base price of $16266(includ. destination) what is your base price and how much haggling you had to do?
    isellhondas - Perhaps it is because I live in Oklahoma, can get the $4,000 federal tax credit, a $3,700 state credit, and have abundant access to cheap, Oklahoma produced natural gas.
    Ok, maybe it would make sense in your case.

In my neck of the woods, natural gas stations are few and far between.

Still the difference in price between an LX and a GX would buy a LOT of gas!
    I agree re: few CNG stations. There are more around here than the rest of the country but still not enough to make refueling convenient. I can by a 'Phill' station (home refueling system, hooks up to my natural gas line that fuels my furnace) for $5,000. The Feds give me a $2,000 tax credit on the machine and Oklahoma gives me a 50% credit, leaving my out of pocket at $500, plus installation. Since we have "tons" of natural gas in Oklahoma, an equivalent gallon of natural gas is much cheaper than petroleum based gasoline.
  • crvdude1crvdude1 Member Posts: 47
    Call College Hills Honda and ask for Kara Elias - F&I Manager
    1-888-244-6632 x205

http://www.collegehillshonda.com/hondacare/index.htm

They sell Honda Care cheap. I bought Honda care from them for my 2010 V.
    6yr/80m $725
    7yr/80m $775
    8yr/100m $1,045

I bet for Civic is even cheaper. This is geniune Honda Care. I paid using credit card and got the Honda Care package in 2 wks from HONDA.

Also, you can get $ back from Honda if you sell your car before the extended warranty expires.
  • lucky15lucky15 Member Posts: 72
    edited March 2010
    You will be lucky if you get back half of what you paid for your extended warranty if you sell the car before the warranty expires. This is about 50% profit for the dealer, and you may have to as I did, after getting the run around waiting two months, report them to Honda Consumer Affairs before they will return any money to you. "Read my Lips", (Extended warranties are not worth the money), expecially on Hondas which are quite reliable, if you don`t believe me go to Consumer Reports, they will tell you the same thing. They are a big profit item for the dealers, as I said earlier, DON`T BUY ONE!!!!!!! Been There, Done That!!!!!
  • art_vandelayart_vandelay Member Posts: 45
    pricew, which DFW are dealer did you end up dealing with on your Honda? Thx.