Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Civic Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• farxrahfarxrah Member Posts: 1
    Hi... the lowest offer I'm getting in CT is $17,800 OTD for a brand new 2011 Honda Civic Sedan LX. Can anyone tell me if this is reasonable or can I ask for lower?
  • civicdealscivicdeals Member Posts: 3
    Keep saying let me think about it and go an shop at another dealer and get quotes. You can always get a lower price. Everytime i said I'll think about it they lowered the price a few hundred...
  • geocgeoc Member Posts: 15
    After looking at the Accord and Altima. Civic may work. Looking for best price in the NE. $16999 seems good, is that the best?
  • norm78norm78 Member Posts: 5
    Got a quote for an 11 Civic LX Sedan in Black with auto tran for $16125 + $1093 (tax) + $285 (doc fees)=$17503 OTD
    It seems like an amazing deal, but I wanted to get some feed back here.
  • good_mileagegood_mileage Member Posts: 1
    I just got a quote for 16.5 K for same.
  • nilissniliss Member Posts: 2
    I have an offer of $19,300 for the Civic ex 2011 after title and taxes and destn fee of $750 ...is it worth it or can i get a better deal? ...the msrp is $21155 and the invoice is $19540 ...what would be a good deal at this point? Was considering waiting for the 2012 civic ...to get a cheaper 2011 one.
  • KettyKetty Member Posts: 14
    Hi

I think you can do better. I am purchasing a new Honda Accord Ex 2011 for $20, 340 which includes destination at 1.9 for 60 months in Boston Area. A little over 5300 off sticker price.

Check ZAG for a starting point and then come to a price and start negotiating. You should probably try to purchase before end of month since there are incentatives and more sales with Washington Birthday. 2010 are still available and they have .9 % for 60 months. Good Luck! I might have been able to do better but I am happy with my tx.
  • nilissniliss Member Posts: 2
    Thanks!
  • jack_dudejack_dude Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a Honda Civic LX-S for $17.1K OTD. $15,050 was the car price, $750 for freight, plus $100 dealer procg fees, and the rest in taxes and registration. This was in MD state...
  • ptb119ptb119 Member Posts: 5
    If you dont mind me asking, what dealership?
  • tpbctpbc Member Posts: 13
    Does the $16991 include the "destination charge" and the "doc" fees?

T
  • buckeyetcbuckeyetc Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2011
    MSRP 19,305. Paid 16,500 + tax and title. Also received $300 gas card and 1.9% financing for 60 months. Seem like a good deal?
  • chingachinga Member Posts: 5
    Same question. Which dealership? Thanks...
  • ravi707ravi707 Member Posts: 2
    I paid 15522 + tax +Lic (~$17300) in CA and got 1.9% APR Honda Finance.
    Livermore Honda
  • maria_bettinamaria_bettina Member Posts: 7
    Ravi707 - We're trying to get the same deal as you. Our local dealership (NorCal) says you "must have" meant a VP, not the LX. Can you pdf your invoice (maybe block out your personal info) so I can prove that you got that awesome deal?
    Can you email me your invoice (block out your personal info)? I'm trying to negotiate a deal with our local dealership and they don't believe others are getting the LX for $15,xxx... or at least they're saying that :\
  • hondaownersamhondaownersam Member Posts: 10
    @ Ravi, great price you got there at your local dealer. For all of you new buyers, try to keep the price range at $15,500 to 16,500 for the Honda Civic LX model, show them that this is a buyer market. Like always, its a boxing match/tennis game, even if you have to drive a few miles away from your local dealer. I noticed that the car makers have given a little less in incentives this month/March but they know that people have gotten tax returns, so I am just saying....just maybe. It wouldn't be a bad idea to wait next month, if time allows you to wait and see for next month new incentives. I want to add that if the car has sunroof or any other added options, the price is going to be a little higher. If your local dealer has a 2010 Honda Civic left over, you can work out a great deal since its time to push them out of the lot.
    hondaownersam - Good advice. The interesting thing is that we went to two dealers today and got the exact same, to the penny, price quotes for the VP, and a $16,575 (plus or minus $25) for the LX. We walked. (I'm still looking for a $15,522 + TTL price for the LX 4Door auto!)

If either of the dealerships call back, we'll give them our initial offer again and ask them to call when they need to move the 2011s when the new models come out in spring.
    @Maria, just keep on truckin, I had a local dealer tell me that it wasn't possible for another dealer to give me a price of 16,200 for the 2010 Honda Civic LX-S model, I could've went with the Civic LX @15.590 but I saw that the LX-S had the spoiler and rims/some type of chrome pipe. So it was a marriage made in heaven. Back to the topic/question, keep trying to bring down the price at your local dealer. Some dealer are a little more greedy then others, so don't be afraid to drive away a few miles and buy your car. I try to keep my business local but my local dealer wasn't meeting me half way and I took a drive and save $1,400 bucks. Hello new Big TV and sofa.
    Good for you, never go for the first offer/second. I want to ask you, does the LX has any other added options, it other words, anything extra that the car doesn't come with, you get charge for floor mats, splash guards, sunroof and etc.
    Nope. We just got the base LX model - MSRP of $19,305. No add-ons.

And yes, I said "we got"! :) We drove down to Livermore Honda (CA) today to take advantage of their offer of $15,727 + TTL with 0.9% financing. Drove home in the polished metal 4-door auto Civic LX.

With the 0.9% financing, we're only paying about $200 in interest over the five years (we didn't finance the entire amt obviously). Not bad.

I was watching the gas gauge on the 100+ mile drive home, and let me tell you, the gas gauge moves much less than our Toyota Tundra or our 4Runner ;)
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    If you recently purchased a car and got a better loan than you expected, please email pr@edmunds.com to talk with a reporter about it. Please respond with your daytime contact information no later than Tuesday, March 8, 2011.
    Thanks,
    Jeannine
    Corporate Communications
    Edmunds.com

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

That's what I am talking about, good deal, happy new owner and welcome to the Honda family. I drove this past weekend and did about 400 miles and a full tank of gas, so thats pretty decent. Watch out, sometimes I am driving down the hwy and see that I am going a easy 70 mph and have to release the gas pedal. So enjoy your new toy and take of it and it will take care of you for many years.
  • djovikdjovik Member Posts: 1
    hi to everyone.i'm new to this forum and i have read very interesting posts.

i just wanted to know if the price quote that i got is good.

i got $15,444 for civic lx + tax,title,destination fee,plates fee and doc. fee.
    it comes up to $17,972.please let me know if this is good quote or if you think i can do better.

thanks.
  • hondacathondacat Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2011
    Just got a quote for 19,650, including delivery. Only taxes and tags additional. Seems like a very good deal given invoice of 20,962. MSRP is 22,705. Just outside of NYC. Good deal?
  • prismter7prismter7 Member Posts: 2
    I might buy one if I can get it for below $15,500.
    I am in SE Mass. and about to search for the best price. Is sure seems like there is a glut of Honda Civics out there, as the lease prices are going lower every day! $15,500 OTD price seems outstanding. Anyone in Mass., please post up.
  • kristibeeekristibeee Member Posts: 1
    Just bought a 2011 Civic Coup EX - automatic for $18,650 plus $399 dealer handeling and $933.40 taxes. Financed it for .9%. Just wondering if this is a good price - what others have bought same vehicle for?
  • 916_insomniac916_insomniac Member Posts: 3
    edited March 2011
    Hi maria_bettina,

Do you think you can tell me the name of the salesman you purchased the car from? I live in Sacramento, but I am willing to drive to Limermore if I can get a similar deal like yourself. Did you have to barter with the sales reps or did you both come up with that pricepoint over the phone? I appreciate the help.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
    You may include the dealership name, city and state in your post. Please do not post names of salespeople, telephone numbers, email addresses, or other contact information.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Hi 916 - Email them thru their website and let them know the deal you saw here online. I'm sure they will accommodate you. That's what I did... There are now two of us that posted that received decent deals there ($15.7k and $15.5k within the last couple months).

At first, Livermore Honda's quote was $16k I think, maybe more. Then I emailed back and told them that I knew of someone who rec'd a $15.5k quote. Then they emailed back and said the best they could do was $15,727 this month (March).

The $15.5k deal from a previous post was a "leader ad" from January or February; that was the reason they gave me the $15.7k -- they couldn't match the $15.5 b/c it was for one particular car last month or the month before that. Whatever. I was so sick of haggling with salespeople that we took it. Plus with the 0.9% financing, I justified it as being a better deal than $15.5k/1.9%.

Even Livermore Honda tried to get a few extra bucks out of us. They aren't angels by any stretch of the imagination. I received the quote of $15,727 via email, and when we called to make an appt to drive down there (we are from Auburn, farther than you!), we were told that the saleperson with whom we dealt with was not working that day. So we talked to someone else who said that the original saleperson made a mistake with the price; it should read "$15,772." BS. We told them that we had something in writing and that if they honored the $15,727 then they had a deal... and they did.

Yes, I was going to walk away over $50... mostly because I was so angry at that point. Argh. So, don't let them play games. That's my point. $15,727 + TTL (and the $15,727 includes the destination fee of $750 or whatever it is).

Good luck!
    edited March 2011
    Thank you Maria, I really appreciate all the information you've provided. I contacted them through their website like you suggested and I'll go from there. Congrats on your new car, here's hoping I can find a similar deal. =)
    That seem to be a great price for the Civic LX. Just watch out for any other crazy mark-ups.
    @kristibee, that is a very good price for that type of model.

For others who searhing for a New Honda car, kind in mind that every month has a difference price on a car, it all depends on what the Honda/auto makers provide on the rebate amount for that month. Be very careful in the finance department because this is when mark-ups usually happens. Also, I suggest is that you finance it for 60 months and not longer than that, that if you finance the car and get yourself a low interest rate. The reason being is that the longer you finance the car, the more it will cost you in the long run but it depends on a lot of factors, your credit report and what you can afford. If anybody has any questions or comments, let me or other members know what you have on your mind and we will try to help you out. I don't know about you but I don't have a money tree in my backyard.
    edited March 2011
    You will. Be strong. And come back to this forum for support if you have to! These guys are great (esp Hondaownersam, but don't tell him because I don't want him to have a bloated ego ;) ).

The funny thing is, Auburn Honda called us back today, a week after we went into their dealership and were told that there was no way someone online could have been offered a Civic LX for $15k; that the lowest they could go would be $16k; and that the quote for $15.5k MUST be for the VP; they even pulled out an "invoice" to show us that they'd be losing money on the deal; blah, blah, blah. Unfortunately when they called today, we were busy and didn't pick up the phone, but I would have loved to give those guys an earful. Anyway, I digress...

What I want to tell you is that Roseville Honda called us yesterday or the day before to "check in," and when we told them that we drove to Livermore last Sunday and the deal we made, they said that they could have beaten that. Umm, okay. Why didn't you when we gave you the chance??? So, if Livermore doesn't work out, try Roseville Honda, and tell them what I told you. Maybe they'll be standup guys and give you the deal they said they would have given us had we gone back to them.
  • dslunceforddslunceford Member Posts: 26
    Called, asked for and spoke to Internet sales reps at 13 NoVa/MD/DC dealers to get best price, emailing them details I wanted back as a "bid." Eight responded to the email and Criswell Honda (Germantown, MD) & Dulles Honda (formerly Leesburg Honda, VA) came back with most comprehensive responses.

Ended up picking up a Civic LX Sedan (Polished Metal Metalic) out the door price of $16,888.65 from Dulles.

Vehicle has splash guards, pinstriping, door and wheel well moldings as extras, and all oil changes, tire rotations and multipoint inspections are included for three years.

Actually leased for 36 months/12K mileage per year. $175 down (incl 1st month payment), $163/month for 35 months. This included all fees (taxes/tags, etc) baked into lease.

Total payments over the 36 month lease = $5,780. Residual value at lease end will be $11,583 (same as current national 0 down, $200/month lease deal).

I believe Criswell would have matched/beat the offer, but I live very close to the Dulles shop, and felt the deal was good enough to give them my business.
    what is the penalty if you exceed the 12k mileage and/or can you negotiate more than 12k per year?
    Do you have the right to purchase the vehicle after the 36 month lease at the $11,583 residual price?
  • dslunceforddslunceford Member Posts: 26
    1) .15 per mile
    2) could puchase extra miles up front, but I don't know cost as didn't research (I average under 9k annual)
    3) yes, have right to purchase at that price.
  • bobandusbobandus Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2011
    Got a quote for a 2011 Civic EX Coupe Automatic for $17,100 (destination included) + tax & license. Is this good? I live in NorCal
  • hondaguy18hondaguy18 Member Posts: 1
    Wow, $17,100 seems like a great deal for an EX (the best deals for LXs look like $15500-16000 and another 1k for an EX seems reasonable).

What dealership was this from?
  • bobandusbobandus Member Posts: 2
    turns out the dealership was lying to me on the phone and because when i came in they refused to sell it to me for that price so i left. i then went to livermore honda and after all was said and done i got it at Livermore Honda for 17,300 +TTL.
  • jatanjatan Member Posts: 92
    Just picked up a new 2011 Civic LX auto sedan earlier today -- black w/ gray int, 10 miles on the odo, comes with floor mats and full tank of gas from Honda so that was nice

Bought it from the online sales dept at Carr's Honda in Chicago
    MSRP was $19,305 with dest fee
    I paid $14,795 + Chicago tax/title/doc = $16541 OTD (paid some of it upfront and financed the rest at 0.9%)

Last Friday I requested online quotes from a dozen Chicago area dealers, most of them responded with offers of $15,775 or more with the dest fee. Carr's online sales manager said $14,795 but didnt mention if it included the dest fee or not. I replied to the email on Monday asking about the dest fee and also tax/title/doc fee. The sales mgr told me it'll be $16,866 OTD (which would make the car's price ~$15,100). I replied back on Tues night saying that the numbers dont add up using the $14,795 price from last week. Wednesday morning he replied back saying that he'll honor the lower price if I bought the car by Thurs (today)

After looking at the bad online reviews for Carr's, I didnt want to buy the car from there (I assumed that they would add other things in there or that they would put up a fight with the price) but I decided to go there anyways since the next lowest quote was $1,000 more. It turned out to be the best car buying experience I ever had since we agreed on the price by email, I didnt have to deal with the pushy sales people on the floor. The only problem I had was that the finance mgr had the paperwork for the 16,866 OTD price so I showed him the email with the lower price that we agreed on, he talked to the sales mgr to confirm since he wasnt told about it and then came back and updated the paperwork to the correct amount (he fixed it right away so it wasnt that big of a deal to me), other than that everything went smoothly and I'm very happy with the purchase

Will add the car to my insurance tomorrow -- I went ahead and ordered the rear cup holders and the rubber trunk mat from eBay, will look into other accessories over the weekend when I have some more time
  • bakalao2kbakalao2k Member Posts: 7
    Jatan, u got the same deal I had back in December. Did you see my post? I like the internet
    salesguy from Carrs. Ludovic is really nice.
  • jatanjatan Member Posts: 92
    Yea I remember seeing Carr's 16.5k OTD price earlier in the thread which was the price I wanted but didnt think I would be able to get it now since that was a few months back, was expecting to pay at least 17k OTD now that its March and gas prices are up

According to alex the last Civic they sold was earlier in the week so I guess they wanted the sale to keep their numbers up, either way I'm happy
    I just wanted to thank you again for the information and support. Tonight I ended up getting a 2011 Civic LX for $17,300 OTD after taxes, reg fees from Elk Grove Honda.

Really appreciate everything and good luck to others in the hunt for a good deal.
  • kap13kap13 Member Posts: 9
    edited March 2011
    I am looking for a Honda Civic Sedan LX and the best price drive out they offered me is $17,500 including everything in Houston TX. I told them about your deal and they want some information so they can match it for me. Can you help me? If it is possible to fax them your invoice with all your personal information black out.
  • ss_lass_la Member Posts: 2
    Hi I am looking for Civc EX new car in LA (so cal area).. i have got the quote with 18000(incl. destination & handling) + TTL.. which is OTD as 20160.. Can anyone tell me, is it good price? also can anyone guide, (1st time buyer), what to keep in mind to deal with dealers & paperwork? Thanks.
  • hk52hk52 Member Posts: 1
    we just bought our new Honda Civic LX + all season floor mats + Auto Day/Night Mirror with Compass with 16700(incl. destination & handling) + TTL
    We knew it may not be the be best deal but should not be a bad one,either.
    BTW, we are in Milwaukee WI area.
    Jatan, can you fax my dealership your invoice they are ready to match the price.
    Bakalao2k,

Can you help me with this deal?