Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

1996 ACURA 3.2 TL CHECK ENGINE LIGHT

superdave11200superdave11200 Member Posts: 1
edited April 2014 in Acura
THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT CAME ON AT 77300 MI. ON MY ACURA 3.2 TL EVEN THOUGH IT IS RUNNING PERFECTLY. I DO NOT TRUST THE DEALERSHIP. WHAT CAN I OR SHOULD I DO?

Comments

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Well, then, go to an independent shop that has the diagnostic equipment for this car and find out what system is malfunctioning. You need a good diagnostician to help track down the problem.
  • andyh2andyh2 Member Posts: 1
    Acts like it studders or "cuts out" when warmed up from above idle throughout RPM's until at cruising speed. Only happens when warmed up and happens regardless if transmission is engaged or not. Took it to Honda dealer (no acura dealer in town)said they could not hook up to their computer, have to take it to town with Acura dealer. Any suggestions to the problem?
  • cmartinercmartiner Member Posts: 2
    My engine light came on in my '98 TL 2.5 and apparently, a sensor had gone bad. Fortunately, the car was covered under waranty...It only had 40,000 miles. My TL was getting quirky by the end of the lease.
  • kappatexxkappatexx Member Posts: 1
    If anyone has had any sort of trouble with their TL. do not hesistate email.

tec_eng@hotmail.com
This discussion has been closed.