Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Hyundai Santa Fe Maintenance and Repair (2006 and earlier)

Comments

• targettuningtargettuning Member Posts: 1,371
    "What's with the brakes" is that they wear/wore out. As I have noted on a previous post the elimination of asbestos from brake shoes and pads has, in general, shortened their life. In addition, your personal driving style plays a great part in their life. For instance..do you do a lot of "stop and go" city driving? Consider the stops made. Do you do a lot of hillly or mountain driving? Are you one of those who goes 60 MPH to within 100 feet of a stop sign or redlight then slams on the brakes? The more gentle you can be in stopping or timing the redlight so you may not have to stop at all the longer the brake life.Secondly, this isn't a "problem" it is normal wear and tear...and yes, you can return to the dealer for replacement of the pads or you can go to "Pep Boys" . Nope, the dealer probably won't fix it for free nor should he..why? Well, if you were to read the terms of the warranty you would find that "items subject to normal wear i.e. brake pads...clutch discs...wiper blades...light bulbs and maybe a few more things are warranted for 12 months or 12,000 miles, so clearly you are out of the time and mileage framework. Finally 27K miles isn't too bad for pad life. Buck up and shoulder the responsibility of being an automobile owner..everybody pays sooner or later. Finally (again) I am assuming your bad brakes complaint is regarding worn pads...if you have another type of failure such as calipers or brake booster you may have a claim under warranty and my rant may be ignored! I'm not sure about rotors but I know they may be resurfaced at least once before replacement is required.
  • LDegrelleLDegrelle Member Posts: 74
    These things wear out. It's up to you how you want to go. My old barber used to restore cars on the side and his daily driver was an immaculate 65 (1/2?) Mustang.

He did all his own maintenance and used Pep Boys for parts. Back then (late 90's) Pep Boys had some deal where you paid an extra amount for parts and if they ever wore out you brought them back and they gave you replacements - free. This could be had on drums, discs, etc - not sure if brake shoes were an option or not.

But every year he would take apart his brakes, bring them in to Pep Boys, and get brand new ones. They never asked about them wearing out, just checked his papers (receipt or what have you), and agve him replacements.

I think most people are way too lazy to do much with this, and besides most people go for the immediate cheapest route - you tell them they have an option of paying like 50% more and they wont even listen to the benefits.

Just something to look into.
  • grizzlydudegrizzlydude Member Posts: 6
    Has anyone else experienced this? I find it particularly annoying since, on the route out of my housing plan, I have 2 stop signs on a slight uphill grade. If I do a "rolling stop" (slowing way down, but not to a complete stop, which would cause a 3-1 down shift) I end up in 3rd gear when the car should have downshifted to 2nd gear. Since I experience this several times a day, I find it to be a nuisance, and am considering forwarding the issue to Hyundai via the district rep. Chances are thay will blow me off, unless this is a somewhat wide spread and annoying issue. I think it may be present on all of the 5-speed automatics, but perhaps most people are not as fussy as me, and haven't noticed it.......
    I regret that although I still view this site I have recently traded the Santa Fe (no reflection on Hyundai, their quality, or disatisfaction with the vehicle) but simply because gas prices are, well you know...anyhow I will not be able to try to duplicate any 5 speed transmission "glitches" . I can only say that, with my car anyhow, I never felt the car was in the wrong gear at the wrong time nor did it seem to "lug" at slow speeds due to being in 3rd rather than 2nd...it simply never lingered in 3rd long before changing down to 1st.
  • sf121kmisf121kmi Member Posts: 14
    I had the same problem with my check engine light... even now with the replaced engine. When the vehicle was still under warranty, I took it to the dealer every time it happened. They told me the cause was condensation build up around the gas tank. It usually happens when I go through the car wash and will stay on a couple days. Never gas up and get your car washed on the same day!
  • sf121kmisf121kmi Member Posts: 14
    The same thing happened to me and it ended up being the fuel pump. There was still a problem that continued. After more testing (with 2 mechanics) unfortunately the engine kept losing compression and was replaced. Hopefully your engine damage isn't quite that severe. See my original posting "High Mileage Santa Fe"
    I've had a lot of problems with my 2001. Good Luck to you!!
  • greametaylor00greametaylor00 Member Posts: 1
    My 2005 gls 2.7 awd is in the shop for the fifth time for a vibration in the steering wheel at speeds between 65 and 80 mph. The dealer is still working on the problem. I'm happy with the work there trying to accomplish,but they have had it this time for 6 days. They did give me a loaner that's a 2005 gls 2wd. They said it might have something to do with the drivetrain. They are talking to hyundai while trying to fix the problem. I'll have to wait and see with mine,but I think the next step is BBB Autoline.
  • juls4juls4 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2001 Hyundai Santa Fe which I love. However just yesterday I went to lock it with my remote and the electric lock for the rear hatch just kept clicking like it was trying to lock but can't. Is this just a fuse problem or electrical? :confuse:
  • guyfguyf Member Posts: 456
    More likely the mecanical lock is jammed on one of the doors. Check them all by locking and unlocking manually.
  • marekatmarekat Member Posts: 3
    I can tell you from experience with my 2001 Santa Fe, that Hyundai Corporate will do nothing since the dealers are independentaly owned. Talk with your service manager directly to see if you can work something out. You probably won't get it for free, but you may be able to get the price reduced. In my case, my car has been in the shop over 100 days in less than a 2 year period and "the squeaky wheel gets the grease" always works for me. I needed a new transmission after owning the pre-owned car for only 3 months and talked them down from $2000 to $400. I have done this a lot with my dealer because they sold me a LEMON! TEMPE HYUNDAI IN ARIZONA.....
    What state are you located in? Lemon Law can be very tough to prove. Most states say that that Lemon Law will only come into play if the problem is a safety issue. I have had my Santa Fe in the shop over 100 days in less than two years with constant problems since the day I drove it off of the lot. I pretty much have a brand new car underneath the hood, but it still runs like crap and ALWAYS has something wrong with it. I would trade out of it, but am $8000 upside down since I traded upside down. In Arizona, I have emailed the BBB Autoline over the course of one year and no one has ever gotten in touch with me. I hope you have better luck!
    If anyone out there lives in Arizona, Phoenix area, please help me! I have been trying to find consumer protection lawyers in the area and every search I try nothing is found. I know Arizona is pro business, so I am not surprised that finding anything on consumer protection is tough, but I am hoping someone out there might know something. I have a huge LEMON in my Santa Fe and even got the GM of Tempe Hyundai to admit it yesterday, but he is unwilling to help me at all!
  • michaelw2michaelw2 Member Posts: 11
    my santa fe is 3,5L 4WD, when I turn wheel ( especially to the right side) at middle speed, I can alway hear slight creaking sound . It can be heard from the drivingcabin. anyone experience this ?
  • rejeanarejeana Member Posts: 1
    I have the same problem and the dealership keeps giving it back to me as well saying that it is normal, when I brake it makes a loud grinding noise and whole whole santa fe shakes I had the brakes replaced but the problem arrived again 1 week later on top of that when I turn my sterring wheel a loud pop or clicking noise appears only sometimes and it is so strong the whole car shakes - This car sounds like a piece of junk when you drive it, I am embarressed and no one can at the dealership seems to be smart enough to :lemon: :lemon: fix this problem, I now have 36,000 on it but it has been ongoing prob around 29,000 - I also had a very loud noise from the right side of the engine every time I stepped on the gas and It would only happend after I drove it for a few hours, I kept taking it in and they couldnt find it, finally I drove there when it was happening and they found out it was the tention pully and they did fix that and had to replace the belt as well. Hope this helps someone, it is a shame and I would NEVER buy this brand again.
    So...lets get this right, you had a problem (after 36K miles)..you took it in...the dealer identified the problem,albeit after a few trips in, they fixed the problem and now you would NEVER buy a Hyundai again?????
    What..!!!...by the way maybe you should try another dealer if they can't find problems that involve loud noises and violent shaking.
    I had said in a previous post that I thought I had seen reference to a difficult to find steering vibration on another Santa Fe owners site. I will try to remember to access their data bank for a possible answer to your dilema. I seem to think however that it had to do with an imbalance in the rear differential drive shaft. My memory may or may not prove true but I will make the effort to find it.
  • 2005santafe2005santafe Member Posts: 1
    I have been tracking my new Santa Fe on mixed city/Highway driving. After 5 tanks of gas the average has been 15-18mpg.

That's certainly below the published estimates and I don't think my driving in unusual.
    When, oh when will people get the picture on the EPA fuel economy window stickers??? It is the very roughest of estimates derived from a faulty "test" proceedure generated in 1975. IN NO WAY does it reflect on the way 100% of consumers actually drive. I personally wish either the "test" be updated and expanded or the EPA would cease and desist adding that bogus sticker to each vehicle, it generates bad feelings for Hyundai (and probably all manufacturers) when real people get far less fuel economy than "advertised". As for your specific fuel economy...it is an SUV after all. I got low 20's on trips with both an AWD 2.7 liter and a 3.5 liter AWD but probably your 15-18 in very mixed driving. So...probably on track.
  • santafeguamsantafeguam Member Posts: 1
    I have a year 2000 Santa Fe, I had several problems you can't believe.The problem I have now is that the power steering is frequently making noise. I had to put power steering fluid when it runs out every time after I use it half the day. Now the noise in the engine is making a very loud :confuse: eeeeeing sound that is nonstop when I shift gears or when it is in nuetral and when I press the clutch or gas. We had all spark plugs changed in the engine and brakes and power steering tubes. what could be the problem.
  • tromboneboytromboneboy Member Posts: 12
    I remember that my 2004 Santa Fe when new seemed to use more gas than I was expecting. I've read on other forums that it tends to use more gas through the break-in period and possibly for a bit after that.
    After driving mine for many months I was getting 23 - 24 mpg on my work drive which is mostly highway. I've got the 2.7L, but it's 4WD. I'm guessing that we won't get much over 25 mpg even at steady 60 mph on the highway.
  • johnboyy2gjohnboyy2g Member Posts: 11
    While I live in the midwest, and we don't have mountains, I do drive fast but I also anticipate braking for lights, stops etc.

That said, I believe there is most likely a problem with your brakes, to have them wear out at 27,000 miles under NORMAL driving is NUTS. Have the rotors checked before putting new pads on. Generally, I would expect pads to last between 50 and 70 thousand miles before needing replacing....

I hit the indicators on my pad at 93,000 miles. I replaced them myself and got the parts from Advanced Autoparts. I did have to wait a few days for them to come in stock...
    Well guys, I did change my own plugs and I put better spark wires on. I felt the dealer was ripping me off. They were charging $13.25 for EACH plug and Pepboys sells the same OEM plug (Autolite) platinum for $1.55. :mad:
    I ended up buying 6 new BOSCH plus 4 plugs (under $6.00 each) and got a new set of spark wires (Advanced Auto, special order)

It took about 1.5 hours....only a few bolts and stuff and you are there....you can tilt the manifold out of the way and hold it out of the way with a short piece of wood...

HOWEVER, it sure does help if you have someone with SLENDER hands to get two of the bolts(nuts) off the back side of the manifold.....that is the biggest problem....
    PS.. there is grounding contection on the backside of the manifold.....mine was not connected back when they had intstalled the new engine (at 26,000 miles) I did reconnect it.....I believe my Santy had about 74,000 miles at that point....
    I had the same kind of problems...the Santy uses sensors to determine what speed the engine is runing and what speed the output shaft is turning. Either of these sensors going out will cause the Santy to shift badly..infact you may find you only have 2nd and 3rd gears available to you..... :mad: First the engine sensor went out,.....and then about 3 months later the output sensor went out....good news is that both are easy (plugs in) to fix and relativly cheap!

The warrenty for 2001 was 10/100,000 BUT as part of a settlement, you were given an option of 6 year/60000 miles bumper to bumper or 12/120000 mile powertrain or (I think it was a cash settlement as the third option)

I took the 12/120000...since I am now at 96,000 miles, I am feeling good about that choice! :shades:
  • pcurriepcurrie Member Posts: 7
    I used my 2001 Santa Fe to boost a stranded vehicle the other day and now my park lights/side markers stay on when you shut the vehicle off....not all the time, kinda random thing, I have checked fuses, disconnected the battery for a couple minutes etc, but still on. I have a remote starter installed, just changed the battery in it a week ago....
    Baffled in Saskatchewan :confuse:
  • mookie2mookie2 Member Posts: 1
    My 2005 Santa Fe 2.7 AWD model has been emitting a burning smell (like a new car burning smell)whenever I stop driving. It doesn't matter whether I have been driving 2 miles or 20 miles. I first thought I had a plastic bag stuck to the manifold. I took the car in for service and the dealer could not duplicate the smell and told me that everything was checked and nothing was found. I'm concerned since the burning smell is constant when I turn the car off. I have 7, 094 miles and I know the new car smell should be gone by now. I've had the car for 11 months. Any ideas on what may be the problem?
    Mookie - 12/03/2005
  • tabb1tabb1 Member Posts: 2
    I have a 2003 Santa Fe 2.7 LX. going approximately 10 miles per hour to park my vehicle the brakes failed and i rolled into the parked vehicle in front of me after finishing my business returning home the brakes continued to fail as I attempted to stop or turn into side streets and my driveway. I understand that the 3.5 engine had a problem with abs and were reprogrammed. Has anyone else had this problem with the 2.7?
  • stevennharpstevennharp Member Posts: 2
    I just found out that I have a bad tone ring which is causing a check engine light and is generating a p0500 code. The mechanic reports that he can see the ring is broken. The quoted me a price of 670.40, they have to install a new right axle. Does this make sense? Any less costly options?

Steve
    The 3.5 didn't have a "problem" with the ABS. There was a TSB issued to change a sensitivity issue related to the speed/pressure needed to activate ABS at very low speeds...5MPH or less. In no way was it a safety issue and it was corrected by a re-flash of the ABS management computer. I had the TSB applied to my 2003, 3.5 AWD but never noticed any difference before OR after. In your case brake failure warning lights would have lit up the dash like a pinball game if the there was a total brake failure..in fact there are two separate brake systems and total failure is, if not impossible, improbable. If one portion fails you will have greatly reduced braking capacity but enough to stop. Finally, if I read this right, you continued to drive..instead of having the car towed..after experiencing enough reduced braking action to run into another vehicle???? Have you had them looked into yet or still asking forums what might be wrong?? Why not do the smart thing and let a professional take a look before, well nuff said...
    No, I cannot figure out what a "tone ring" might be. Neither can I understand how replacing an axle shaft would cause a stuck in 3rd gear transmission problem unless a speed sensor drives off a RPM monitor on a wheel. I certainly don't know everything possible but honestly don't know what these mechanics are selling you for $670.00,well the what is an axle shaft but the why?? Maybe this ring is integral with the axle and not able to be replaced separately.
  • stevennharpstevennharp Member Posts: 2
    I think I may have confused the issue. I am not experiencing any problems with my car but the check engine light came on. The diagnosis was a code p0500 bad tone ring. The Hyundai dealer solution is to replace the right axle with the reason being the tone ring is pressed to the axle and in order to replace it the whole axle must be replaced. Your last sentence captures the situation.

I am upset that it appears I must replace a good axle and it is not covered under warranty. I am wondering if anyone has any ideas as to alternative solutions.

Steve
    OK I follow now but still don't know what the tone ring does for the proper operation of the vehicle. It simply is a new one on me. Were the mechanics more specific about how the tone ring caused a check engine light? Well, lacking further information and your admission the car runs fine you could simply drive on BUT what long term problems may result? I normally don't advocate ignoring warning lights but until you find out exactly what this part does the only other option is replace the whole axle shaft. That too seems excessive...with the current info I simply don't know?!
  • guyfguyf Member Posts: 456
    The tone ring is used to send the vehicle speed signal to the transmission and ABS ECU's. There is a (small) drawing of one on that web page: http://www.mfgquote.com/profiles/Stamping-36502-Elkridge-Maryland-United-States.html

Without the signal from the tone ring, the transmission may not have the required data on the car speed to change gear correctly. This is why it reverted to 3rd gear in a limp home mode.
    OK now I get the whole picture...almost...it seems the tone ring is a passive part simply counting wheel revolutions, electronically of course, and sending a varying voltage to the ECU's. So when it becomes broken it ceases to work electronically. I wonder that this possible eventuality didn't become evident when designing the mounting of the part allowing it to be removed without replacing a very expensive axle shaft. Speaking of the price for that, the more than $600 cost also sounds high.
  • rolltide2rolltide2 Member Posts: 1
    I really need help on my Hyundai Santa-Fe 2004 that I just bought with 30k.
    For some reason the MPG is very poor (at about 17) even though I am driving on the highway 95% of the time and I do not speed or drive in any way that consumes extra gas
    I checked the air filter and it is clean, I checked tire pressure and it is correct (30PSI front and back) . Can someone help?! :cry:
    Here we go again...
    A. if you live where it is cold this time of year i.e. north east.....around the great lakes...well, pretty much anywhere cold the gas mileage drops simply because of extended warm up time, do you let your car idle while clearing snow off the glass or defrosting frost??
    B. even if you drive in Florida this is still an SUV and will never, ever, give you economy car gas mileage no matter how you drive. Forget what the EPA window sticker says... most people never consistantly get that. It is a guide at the very best used to compare between all similar SUV's
    C. I have owned both V-6 engine sizes: 2.7 liter AND 3.5 liter both AWD models. The 3.5 got 15 or so around town in the summer. The 2.7 got slightly better at around 17. The 3.5 got, at the very best when gas was $3.00/gal.and I was driving very..very..very carefully to maximize economy, about 24 MPG @ 95% highway driving. This was during the early fall and I suspect this to be the very best obtainable with this engine/drivetrain combination during near ideal conditions. The 2.7 liter never got any better highway mileage due to the fact, in my opinion, that the 3.5 has a 5 speed automatic compared to the 4 speed in the 2.7 liter and it turns far fewer RPM at any given speed in high gear. You don't need help, you just need to come to the realization that any SUV will never give great gas mileage. By the way, a co-worker has a FWD 2.4 liter 4 cylinder automatic Santa Fe and reports that he can touch 25 MPG highway. I have also talked to another co-worker who owns a Honda Element AWD 4 cylinder 5 speed manual. He travels regularly between Pa and Ohio via turnpikes (both Pa and Ohio)and reports 24 MPG during these trips. These heavy, tall, vehicles just don't get great economy.
  • calliope1206calliope1206 Member Posts: 2
    I'm not sure if this can help you, but ever since I got my Santa Fe in 2001, if I go to get gas and the attendant does not turn the gas cap more than 2 times like they are supposed to, my engine light always comes on, as soon as I open the cap, close it, and turn it like 4 times, the light goes off, the first time it happened I called the dealer, and and the manager had just gotten a santa fe and told me to do this over the phone, and it works, I mean, if there is nothing wrong with your car other than the check engine light coming on, you can try this, and let me know if it works:-)
  • calliope1206calliope1206 Member Posts: 2
    After 4 trips to the dealer, they finally figured out the problem, the bearings were bad, they only replaced the left side for some reason, it was so frustraring because it doesn't do it all the time, so it was hard to explain the noise, now, it only sounds 75% better, I still have to take it again to get the other side fixed..oh, and and if you are under 65k, it's under warranty...
  • michaelw2michaelw2 Member Posts: 11
    what is the problem with your car? also creaking noise when turning wheel? and what bearing is defective?
  • dav66dav66 Member Posts: 1
    Please help. I have a Hyundai Santa Fe 2002 (02) 2.7 V6 4WD petrol unleaded. The engine management light came on for 60 miles, then went off for 160, then back on again. Hyundai garage know what the problem is that is causing the light to come on = out of the bank of cylinders, one is using more fuel than the other, its down by about 2 miles per gallon. They do not know how to fix it, any ideas? Petrol cap is screwed in correctly. There is my car and one other that this has happened to. Its been going on for the last 6 months, very wary of driving it far. Garage have advised not to tow. They have contacted the head office in Korea, still no ideas. Plesae help me.
  • skiiiii664skiiiii664 Member Posts: 16
    I will never buy a Hyundai again.

Never had a car break down on me so many times.

Honestly, I have had it in the shop over 30 times in the past 4 years.

Never Again will I buy a Hyundai.
    I simply don't buy this post...nobody would endure that many failures in any vehicle. Nor do I believe ANY modern car, Hyundai or not, would break so much...they are simply more reliable than that. I suggest you try to peddle that misinformation elsewhere. Yes, Hyundai's have failures and repairs but no more that most and a lot less than many...
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Every manufacturer makes lemons and some dealers seem unable to keep cars running.

Skiiiii664 has been a member here since '01 and I think your assumptions are off-base.

In any event, we're focusing on cars here, not each other.

Steve, Host
  • skiiiii664skiiiii664 Member Posts: 16
    You do not have to believe me although it is the honest truth.
    Just to name a few of the problems (and this is not even close to all of the problems.

Transmission twice
    Power steering pump twice
    Power steering hose.
    Compressor or condenser (I cant remember which) twice
    Both headlights fogged up. The driver side twice, the passenger side once I believe.
    The window on driver side rattles when it is lowered down into the door.
    The center compartment latch broken.
    The black metal trim around the windows (not on both sides , only one for some strange reason) rusted up underneath the black paint. This happened within the first year.
    The silver paint on both of the side view mirrors went totally flat within the first year.

Battery gone bad twice.

And there was a lot more that went wrong.

Quite Frankly, it has been one big problem that I stopped keeping track.

My car was in the Hyundai shop twice this week already and my brother in law made a comment to me. He said and I quote " I have never seen a car have to be repaired so many times"

My Hyundai is paid off and my wife wants to keep it .
    I would rather have a car payment and not have to put up with the headaches and hassles (and not to mention it just went over 60k) and the expenses of repairing this POS.

Tonight I bought a Honda Odyssey EX-L and I am saying good riddance to the Hyundai .

Believe me or not, that is your choice.
    Well, you have the "low-down" on members and frankly on the face of it, remember this without any backround, it sounds too bad to be true. It sounded very much like a Honda owner trying to bad mouth Hyundai and I still cannot imagine so much grief in any modern car. Further, I AM focusing on the car by stating I didn't think that so many problems could be evident nor anyone would endure so many repairs.
    You got a lemon, a first model year, every thing that could go wrong did... lemon. There is no explaining it nor do Hyundai's in general perform that poorly. If I ever saw a lemon law buy back car this would have been it. I do not know you or your bad experiences over your ownership so if it sounded too bad to be true it usually is and I reacted accordingly. Hope you do better with Honda although since I bought a new 06 Civic a month or so ago I have already received a recall!!!
  • tabb1tabb1 Member Posts: 2
    only drove car home thinking that there might have been oil on the road had to use emergency brake to get home had car towed to dealer where car was purchased they said the car was unsafe to drive and had the car for 9 weeks and then informed us that there was no problem and therefore nothing was done to the car when we went to pick up our car they tried to tell us how bad it was and sell us a new Hyundai Santa Fe or Tucson will never purchase another Hyundai and not especially from that dealer am looking to trade it in for an american made vehicle
    Geez is it just me or are some dealers so devious and owners so gullible...well put it this way, if I had a car with no brakes, took it to the dealer who then said "don't drive it it's unsafe" then allowed that same dealer to have the car 9 weeks??? for a brake problem (which isn't theoretical physics by the way)only to then be told there is nothing wrong and no repairs were attempted and you accepted this as OK? Then back to being "bad" again in order to sell you a new car..wow. Now you say you would never buy another Hyundai...based on what, an incompetent dealer or your own lack of knowledge about what an acceptable time frame for a relatively simple repair is. I'm here to tell you that dealer had the car about 8 weeks and 4 days too long.Every conceivable brake or ABS test and repair could have been done in one solid working day (unless there was a wait for parts). Exactly which American made car are you expecting to buy.. the Mexican made Fords and Mercurys and certain Daimler Chrysler models or Canadian made GM products some with Chinese made engines? There are no totally American made cars any longer especially counting foreign made part content...so good luck.
  • benm1benm1 Member Posts: 1
    I am in the UK and seem to have the same problem - did you get it fixed? what was the problem as my garage haven't got a clue?
  • gianessesgianesses Member Posts: 1
    When turning slowly,left or right, forward or reverse, I feel a thumping under the drivers side floorboard. I only have 2000 miles on this vehicle. Has anyone else experienced this problem.
  • byroncorbyroncor Member Posts: 1
    If anyone could give me some insight it would be greatly appreciated. I was driving over a bridge when all of a sudden I lost all acceleration, the car started to fail. The light which looked like a water spout came on and my car kept slowing down. I coated to safety and turned my car off. Than I turned it back on and drove it home and a few other places safely with no problems. Than after not driving it for a day I started it up to take it to the dealership when it happened again this time however, when I was coasting to pull over the car stalled out completely. I shut it off and took it to the dealership. They told me they could not get to the car until Tuesday. If anyone has any insight as to what could be wrong it would be greatly appreciated. My car is a 2003 Santa Fe, not all wheel drive with 72000 miles.
    Thanks to anyone who can give me some advice.
    Corey