Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Pontiac Bonneville Owners: Meet the Members

Comments

• ginman3ginman3 Member Posts: 11
    I was hoping some eagle eye wouldn't beat me to it in posting the correct website address for Saner. I was just sitting here a few minutes ago and realized that I had misposted Saner's address. It is actually www.sanerperffab.com. Hopefully you didn't strike out with what I posted and called me bad names.
    Our neighbor two places down from us in Maine has a new Park Avenue and when I asked him how he likes it, he said that he just loves it and is amazed at the mileage the 3800 delivers in a car that size.
  • warfishwarfish Member Posts: 117
    Our '95 Bonnie has been a great car until several months ago when it started to skip on hills. The dealer has done all of the scheduled maintenance since new. Has 52k on the clock. The dealer has replaced the plugs and wires twice, rotated and balanced the tires (honest) because the tech thought that's where the shaking came from. They are stumped, no codes show, and everything checks out in the shop. We live in the boonies of NY, and yes to any doubters, NY has lots of very rural areas, like 68% of the state is forested. Maybe a larger dealership could handle it but I don't want to have to drive 90 minutes to find out. Anyone got a clue what's going on?
  • ricks2ricks2 Member Posts: 17
    Will turning off or on the Traction Control on my 94 SSE make any noticable difference? (in power, drive, mpg, etc.)
  • mlm4mlm4 Member Posts: 401
    I found an article on Carpoint about factory tours:

http://carpoint.msn.com/advice/default.asp?contentid=244181&type=6&src=Home&pos=Edit1

There are not as many as there used to be. As a youngster every year a friend and I would take a tour of GM's Framingham, Mass., assembly plant (long since decommissioned). I loved it. I can still visualize the place, I went so many times. One of my favorite parts was a water spray booth where the body of the car (this was in the days before unibody construction) was doused with water from all angles to check for leaks. It's first car wash. And the best of all was where the "rubber meets the road," the final stretch of the line where the body was lowered onto the chassis and they fired the engine up (usually on the first try) and drove it off - very cool. For a while my dad worked for Ford and I twice got a private tour the Michigan Truck Assembly plant in Wayne, home of the Expedition and Navigator. Much more sophisticated these days, but still the thrill of watching the body lowered onto the chassis and the whole thing coming together.

Anyway, sorry about the reminiscing. The bad news is that it does not appear there are public tours of Orion, home of the Bonneville, not even for groups (if we could even get one together). Carpoint's list seems too short; I wonder if there are other plants that offer tours.

• tpkentpken Member Posts: 1,108
    Michael - thanks for the info.

Are you still planning to be in New England this summer?

Ken
  • ginman3ginman3 Member Posts: 11
    Turning off the traction control won't result in any difference whatsoever in power, economy, etc. It just lurks in the background as does ABS and only does its thing when it detects a condition that it thinks it should override. If memory serves me, about the only condition for which you would want to disengage the traction control would be if you were stuck in mud. I believe your owner's manual gives a good description of the circumstances under which you would want to turn it off.
    The manual won't tell you this but I believe under wide open throttle conditions from a standing start, you would get better results with the supercharged version by turning it off. At least this is what several people have indicated who are into heavy modifications on their cars.
  • theicemantheiceman Member Posts: 736
    Mark (ginman) has it right. Just to add, though: regardless of the car and its engine (ie. even the non-supercharged L36), any application of wide-open throttle from a standing start will induce some slippage in one or both of the driving wheels. That will activate the traction control and your power will be reduced. Most red-light racers disengage their traction control but should only do if they can handle the car and where road conditions are excellent.

Try this: pick a wet day and an abandoned stretch of good, straight, safe road and time a series of 0-40's (you don't need to go to 60) with and without traction control. Try the same on a dry road. With practice, you could probably get the numbers pretty close to each other - both wet and dry. If you're not practiced, stick with traction control on when wet, off when not. At your risk of course.....
  • swblumeswblume Member Posts: 4
    Hi, my name is Steve, and I am the proud owner of a 1994 Bonneville SSEi. After much time and effort looking for an SSEi in my area, I managed to find this one at a local dealership with only 58,000 miles on it, and every available option. My wife and I have just had our third child, and had been looking for a replacement for our Firebird for quite some time. We settled on the Bonneville after noting its aggressive styling and outstanding performance. After some haggling, we talked the dealership into giving it to us for less than ten grand, and we were on our way. I have to say that we all love it, especially the kids, who now have so much room in the back seat, they don't know what to do with it. I have to acknowledge the fact that we are pretty young, so a brand-new model would be considerably out of our price range, but we didn't want to settle for something less than the best that we could possibly get. After owning this car for only a week and a half, I'm still finding things out about it that makes me love it even more. I've spent the last week here trying to find out as much as possible about Bonnevilles in general, and have found that any information about mine in particular comes few and far between, so I'm looking forward to learning from all of you who've been in the club for a while, and who're driving what, in my opinion, is one of the best cars on the road today...
  • smfransmfran Member Posts: 432
    I had a '94 and it was a very good car. It was my 3rd Bonneville and then I went on to a '97 and now a 2000. I wish you good luck with yours. Keep us up to date.
    Stephen
    Hi Steve and welcome to your club. Congrats on your Bonneville and your other recent family addition. The back seat room is amazing (esp. compared with a Firebird) and will be perfect for your brood. Looking forward to more posts on your ownership experience.

smfran: up and at 'em early this morning I see. It's a holiday here (Canada Day was yesterday) and I would normally still be sleeping but my children can't tell the difference between a holiday and a work day....
    Happy Canada Day to you! I celebrated by listening to my beloved Boston Red Sox pound the Toronto Blue Jays. Are you a baseball fan by any chance?
  • homer2000sseihomer2000ssei Member Posts: 159
    Hi there

I too had a 94 - but it was the SE - still though, I drove it like an SSEi. 2000 came and my first ever brand spankin' new car was the SSEi.
    It was a real work horse - -even confident enough to sell it to someone I work with after just over 60,000 M on it. he loves it (nor as much as I did though) but i do get to see it if I get reminiscing. (yea, thats weird, but its me)
    Look forward to hearing about your impending addiction . . . . . .

Dennis
  • ricks2ricks2 Member Posts: 17
    ginman/iceman: Thanks for the info. Thats pretty much what I thought...
    Welcome Steve!!!

Glad to have you here and so happy to hear you are enjoying Bonnevilles and diapers! Man, I am I glad that stage is over for us now! Congrats to you on both additions. I suspect the Bonneville may turn out to be far less expensive than the other addition over time - but hopefully not nearly as rewarding (although at times, you may disagree with that assessment!)

Please let us know how things work out. By the way - where do you live?

Ken
    Here's an idea - how about Bonneville fans attending a Red Sox vs Blue Jays game sometime? Any takers?

Ken
    I thought you were so busy you barely had time to post a message! :)
    As I've said before, I'll meet just about anywhere you set it up. However, Fenway maybe a little more convenient than Skydome for me!!
    That may leave us poor Canadians out then.
    Skydome is just a tad closer! :)

besides, the way the jays play these days - Id be better off watching golf
    Stephen - LOL - yes it's been hectic lately. I still think the August timeframe will have to be the plan for me - maybe Sunday afternoon the 12th. Not sure where - I'd like to say my camp but the pine trees are dripping sap like crazy again in my yard and I don't think many of us want to deal with that on our cars.

Ken
  • swblumeswblume Member Posts: 4
    I can see from the answering posts that I have a few things to clear up... Okay, first of all, my youngest (and newest) child just celebrated his first birthday, he's 13 months now... I suppose that was bad phrasing on my part, and I apologize for misleading everyone. I have three children (ages 4 yrs, 3 yrs, and 13 mths), and up until the youngest, Alex, was born, the Firebird worked fine for us. We bought a second car, a 1987 Buick LeSabre, to handle hauling the entire family around when we needed to, but kept the Firebird around as kind of a "toy". Once the Firebird started falling apart, we realized that it would be impractical to spend the $1500 it would take to get everything fixed on it, and traded it in on the 94 Bonne. We live in Virginia Beach, Virginia, as long as the U.S. Navy determines that that is where I'm needed. I'm an E-5 in the Navy, and I've been in for just over 5 years. Anyway, that's about enough about me and mine for now... Back to the Bonneville... I am so impressed with it. I'm getting about 25-28 mpg in the city here, and it's got all of the power I could ask for. I truly believe it's faster, quicker, and corners better than my old Firebird. Every time I drive it, I find something else about it that makes me love it even more. I think I have truly become "addicted" as Dennis put it. I thank all of you for the warm welcome, and I'll keep everyone updated on how life's going with the new Bonne as much as possible...

Steve
    P.S. Sorry the post is so long, just had to clear up a few misconceptions...
    I'm not much of a baseball "fan" - love the game but rarely have the time to take in a game let alone watch one on TV. Still, would even consider a Fenway match-up if our vacation brings us to those parts. The current exchange rate, however, rather favours a Canadian vacation for our brood... Good suggestion - let's keep watching.
  • sixxersixxer Member Posts: 36
    I just picked up my 2000 Bonneville used for a great price a month or so ago. Absolutely love the car! Having fun with the reactions I get from people for buying an 'old man's' car as they say since I only just turned 26. :) Now I am looking to do a few mods to it. Cold air intake, exhaust, and hopefully drop it an inch or so and put 18" rims on it. Should look sweet. Mine is a 2000 Maple Red Bonneville SE. Has pretty much everything you could get on the SE, right down to the leather interior! It's pretty much an SSE without the firmer suspension. Love the car and plan on keeping it a LONG time! Glad I am finally finding Bonneville enthusiast sites! Know of any good webpages for the Bonneville?
    Stan: Geez - was that your maple red SE I saw earlier this week on Bronson Ave.? Of course, I thought that one had the licence filler panel in lieu of a front plate so I assumed it was Quebec plated. Looking at your pix in the photo gallery, I can see that yours is Ontario-plated. BTW, nice pix - I came pretty close to buying a maple red SLE (gorgeous colour).

Anyway, welcome aboard - it'll be nice having somebody else who spells "colour" with a "u". As far as sites, I suggest you check out GM H Platform Enthusiast". There are a number of good links there. As far as mods go though, you're going to find slim pickings for sites unless you go to Grand Prix sites.

You'll love your Bonneville and the power and low-end grunt of that Series II 3.8.

hehe, that probably was me you saw on Bronson. I do A LOT of driving lately since I got the car. Absolutely love it. Sure don't see too many Bonnevilles in the area. Kinda why I like it even more. ;) I like being unique.
    Thanks for the link, I'll be perusing it tonight I am sure.
    Oh, you guys are talkin about Ottawa . . .I love that city.
    Im going there Aug 24-25th for a gathering of Grand prix's likely at Luskville rack. There will maybe be 15-20 of them - from the GTA as well - -there will be a convoy probably.

Maybe as time draws nearer - -we could arrange a meet/greet ?

Ill keep you guys posted.

Dennis
    I'd be glad to. I live in Manotick but work in Ottawa (it's a 25-30 minute commute - allows me to live on a couple of acres and still work in the "big" city - ha ha).

If we do meet, it could be around Luskville. I've been searching for photo op sites near a sign which says Pontiac County - maybe I'll have found a good one by then.

Do you have a Grand Prix as well? I'm assuming that the Luskville GP gathering are GTPs and older GPs that are meeting at Luskville. Likely my little ol' stock '01 GP GT wouldn't fit in with that crowd.
    Nope - I have the '00 SSEi only. . .but due to lack of members - I've hooked up with the Ontario-Quebec chapter of the Grand Prix club. Ive been to a couple of outings with them, and Bonne's fit right in. They are interested in our cars - a comparison of sorts, as well as the toys we have that they dont.

As for a plain GT version of GP, we had one at the track last weekend with us, and he fit right in as well. These younger (22-30) guys are well adjusted and easy going. Ive met about 10-12 of them so far, and enjoyed myself everytime. Sure , some of them are gearheads and running nitrous etc - but due to similarities - we are in the family. Im even bringing a friend of mine from the Ottawa area with a Mach 1 'stang to the track as well.

Keep your eyes open for that Pontiac sign - -im sure they wouldnt pass up the chance to pose either.

later

Dennis
    Hi Stan - Welcome to Shangri-La, otherwise known as Heaven On Earth - the driver' seat of a new Bonneville!!!

I'm another 2000 SE owner - Spruce Green - see it in the Owner's Photo Gallery. You're going to LOVE this car - it's fantastic!

Congrats on the beautiful new ride. Best wishes for many enjoyable miles and years of Bonneville driving.

Ken
    That meet sounds interesting. Not too far either! I'm just not sure if I can make it yet. The Friday definately not, the Saturday, there's a slim chance. I'll be keeping this in mind for sure!!

Ken, for some reason it says your photo of your car is unavailable? Something must be acting up with the server. What does a spruce green Bonni look like? I don't believe I've seen one yet.

I'll have to update my pics after I get it tinted on Monday. Debating between 35% all around, or 35% on the sides and 20% on the back. Guess I have to decide soon! Any suggestions?

Stan
    Stan - I haven't looked yet but my guess is that Photopoint finally deleted the pics since they went to a paid service - it was going to happen at some point.

There aren't too many Spruce Green Bonnevilles around - it was a color offered only in 2000 and not very common. I've seen a handful of them in the last 6 months including a clone of my SE (no spoiler - even rarer) just last week.

The color is not the typical teal green so popular for years - has tones of yellow rather than blue - looks unique - and IMO striking. I have the dark graphite cloth buckets inside.

Ken
  • cjwellscjwells Member Posts: 20
    We just got our new Bonneville!!! WOW. It is awesome, we ordered it the first day that it could
    be order. Fully loaded the only option we did not get was the engine block heater. We don't
    need that here in South Carolina. The car is Galaxy Silver. Love the new rims. Only wish they
    offered darker factory tint.
    Welcome - you're the first '02 owner to post here. We have an '00 SLE (couldn't find an SSEi without a sunroof when we needed to buy last year) and absolutely love the style, room and performance.
    Well, well, well an '02?

You have had it for a couple of days now, its time to start looking for a drag strip . . . .:)

How's them new cup holders?
    have you tried them out?

My '00 SSEi has about 50 miles before the warranty expires . . . what, me nervous ?
    Ive got a shopping list for the dealer to look at, as long as i call him tomorrow to schedule - Im covered . . .

i hope they dont notice the new smaller pulley on the supercharger, and the airbox missing.
    I think those new cupholders might be worth 1/2 sec. on the 1/4 mile. I definitely think that cjwells should check it out and report back, don't you?
  • ghchfghchf Member Posts: 5
    Hi folks,I have posted a couple of times in "problem" area...I'm the guy with the new motor.
    Just meandered into this site and just had to read all 183 postings. I have a 95 SE, Bright White with Medium Beige leather. Performance package...sport suspension, traction control, variable effort steering 16" wheels etc. etc. were options back then.
    CD and climate control were also options but keyless entry was standard. (Just checked the original paperwork).
    The twilight sentinel was standard with daytime running lights (Canada only??)
    Major complaint/problem with car is CUPHOLHDERS!!
    After reading all the postings I had to contribute.
    For so many years now I have been only Bonnie owner in "my crowd". They just don't understand.
    Folks still ask if I bought a new car when the beast is washed and waxed...the Bright White really glows. Good in this high 90 degree weather too.
    Nice to see I am not the only nutbar out there. You folks that have posted photos sure show some nice cars...however...I am still like a kid in a candy store with my 95. Only has 155K kms. Like most of you I like the aggressive looks...it looks fast just standing still...takes me back to my days with a 68 Charger...(if only I knew then...I would have kept it). Previous vehicles were an 85 Grand Am, 88 Jimmy, and 93 Grand Am...did not realize until recently that I seem to have fallen into Pontiacs without really trying. I won't mention the 65 LTD, 70 MGB, 74 Plymouth, or 79 Olds 88 Holiday Edition...buckets etc. Somewhere along the road I guess I wised up.
    I can't wait until my new motor is properly broken in and I replace the original Michelins (today)...used to smoke the odd unsuspecting fellow traveller just for the hell of it ( maybe its the white hair that catches them offguard). Maybe that's why I had to replace the motor.
    I am still fascinated with all the gadgets and lights...the dash does make an impression with passengers. I have had none of the problems that I see posted elsewhere, which was part of the decision to keep the car rather than buy new..I figure I can't blow another motor can I??? Anyway, it has new full factory warranty. Sorry to be so long winded but it is rather nice to talk to folks who "understand".
    I travel to Norfolk, VA a couple of times each year, and Cape Cod once in a while..it's a great highway cruiser.
    I hope you folks with the new ones have as much fun over the years as I have had.
    Had to add another Canadian viewpoint.
    As a point of interest we have a local oldies radio station that gives away a classic car every year...this year its a 69 orange Charger..."The General"...last year it was a 70 Chevelle 350..year before a 69 GTO...you get the idea. So far I have not won...but hope springs eternal.
    See you folks out there. Dave S.
  • xavier64xavier64 Member Posts: 76
    Just want to say hello to all the other Bonneville owners. Three weeks ago I purchased a Maple Red 2001 Bonnie SE with just 6 miles on it and everyone who has seen the car have been impressed with how it looks and drives.
    My previous car was an 89 Ford Escort with 97,000 miles. The old car was starting to go so I began searching for a new vehicle. A friend of mine has a '96 Bonnnie which I liked so I went to look at the 2001's. All I can say is that I am in heaven and look forward to years of driving excitement.
    I do have some questions on the proper breakin of the Bonnie:

Would there be any problems with using the higher octane gasoline or are you better off sticking with the regular unleaded 87 as listed in the manual?

With commuting into Philly by train and not driving to work, should one just wait till 3000 miles to change the oil or after a certain # of months?

I would appreciate any help and wish all Bonnie owners all the best!
  • mlm4mlm4 Member Posts: 401
    Congratulations on your new car! It's quite a step up from that old Escort, but it sounds like it served you well. No doubt the Bonnie will be much more fun to drive, though.

As far as break-in, I suggest you do as the manual says. It doesn't hurt to put higher octane fuel into the car, but it is not necessary and extra expense at that. The car should run great on 87; that's what it was designed for. My SSEi is a low-mileage car; I only drive it about 350 miles per month. I changed the oil for the first time at 3,000 miles, which was about eight months after it was built. My car has the Oil Life Monitor, and it was at about 46% when I changed it. General rule of thumb is 3,000 miles or 12 months, whichever comes first. Enjoy the car!
    Wow - Must be great buying weather - all these folks getting new rides! Congrats to each of you: cjwells, ghchf (not sure if you just bought the 95 or not)and xavier64.

That Maple Red SE is a gem, Stephen. Mine is a 2000 SE in Spruce Green. BTW - where is Huntington Valley PA? I get down to Philly area monthly on biz - driving my Bonnie from Maine. You anywhere near Montgomeryville?

Best wishes to all. Have a great weekend.

Ken
    Ken,

I am not far from Montgomeryville. Huntingdon Valley is a suburban area just outside the northeast section of Philly. I am near the towns of Willow Grove (Exit 27 on PA Turnpike), Hatboro and Warminster. I go often to the Montgomeryville Mall located near Route 202 and Route 309.
    I am sure that driving from Maine, you get to find how how the Bonnie handles on the road.

I plan on giving the reliable Escort (5 Speed) to a niece or a friend's step daughter as a first car. It has a few more years left but I decided I neeeded a little more room and a working A/C.

If you would like to meet up that sounds good. I don't know if there is a Pontiac club in the area or in the northeast eastern USA. Does Pontiac sponser any car rallies as Volkswagon or Saturn does?

I am getting used to the size difference with the new bonnie and it is a nice feeling when one is driving to have a smooth riding car. In the fall I plan on driving out to Gettysburg and enjoying the drive.

Have a great week and hope everyone dries out from all the rain. ....x64
    X64 -Stephen - Love to get together sometime. I'm actually headed down this week but planning on leaving Bonnie home in favor of our Suburban since the whole family is coming this time. We have friends in NJ and PA and occassionally the wife and kids come along for visits. I usually stay at Joseph Ambler Inn which is around the corner from that mall in Montgomeryville.

One of these times we'll have to meet after work.

Trying to dry out here as well - it literally 'Rained on our (Boat) Parade' yesterday - so it's been postponed till next Sunday. The '3 Musketeers' were costumed and ready with (fishing pole swords) and our boat all decorated as a castle set but Noah's Ark would have been more appropriate!

Ken
  • fantascpfantascp Member Posts: 175
    Hi and welcome to the club- all new members who joined!!-
    For GHCHF- Dave- your 95 is a BRIGHT WHITE!- my 2000 is also BRIGHT WHITE, but the catch is its not a color offered in 2000- the color offered was ARTIC WHITE!could you do me a big favor, when you get the chance, please let me know what paint color code is listed on your car- its usually found by the spare tire well- BC#----.
    I'm really interested in knowing if the color codes are the same or GM made a label mistake- appreciate your help on this. Thanks!!!!

KEN: glad to see you getting around pretty good after your foot accident!!!-
    Whats with this LOVE AFFAIR with a FORD?????? (LOL)
    My daughter has a 2000 WINDSTAR VAN and boy do we bust each other- so far she is definetely on the loosing end!
    You know the old acrynims for FORD- Fix Or Repair
    Daily, Driver Returned On Foot, Found On Road Dead ETC ETC ETC!!!!
    Seriously though, i have not seen a new T-Bird yet
    but i did read where they are getting great reviews- maybe Ford Finally does have a BETTER IDEA!
    EVERYONE- ENJOY THE REST OF THE SUMMER,

CHUCK
  • ghchfghchf Member Posts: 5
    Hi Chuck...went looking for paint code for Bright White. Found Service Parts Identification label on spare tire cover. If I am reading it right code is BC/CC. There is also WA U9753. WA often denotes paint code. Let me know if we are on the right track. Dave S.
  • fantascpfantascp Member Posts: 175
    Hi Dave- you are right on the money- the color code is BC/CC U9753- BRIGHT WHITE!!- again, very interesting in that GM only offered ARTIC WHITE
    for the 2000 Bonneville. I don't know what the WA
    means- its not on my rear tire well label, but the code BC/CC U9753 is !!- this is the code that i now use to purchase touchup-paint - a lesson I learned the hard way because I first bought touch-up paint for ARTIC WHITE and then realized that the colors were not matching.
    Thanks again for your help and all the best with your NEW POWER PLANT in your 95!!!

Chuck
  • mfahey1mfahey1 Member Posts: 419
    As an amateur car painter for some years now, I think you'll find that BC/CC stands for Base coat/Clear Coat. I'm not sure why they put that on there because all of the cars have this system now. The actual paint code is denoted by the letter/number combination that follows.
  • vogel22vogel22 Member Posts: 4
    Hi. name is Jerry and I have a 2002 SE. Love it. I traded in my 1995 Grand Prix for this. Bigger, better gas milage and the bigger bucket seat fits my bigger bucket. The new cup holders and the change holder suck. The 2001 cup holders with the door to hide them was better. My air conditioning was not fully charged when I took delivery. Might warn people to watch for that, or it may have just been on mine. Once fully charged it works great. I wish they all did not come with Firestone tires. The ones on my car are rated poorly in the snow by the new Consumers Reports. In Milwaukee we get some snow. Anybody have a report from last winter on traction?
  • boosted1boosted1 Member Posts: 90
    Congrats on the purchase of your new Bonneville. These are great cars, and I am sure that you will enjoy it.
  • h101h101 Member Posts: 62
    <<In Milwaukee we get some snow. Anybody have a report from last winter on traction?

--Madison here, traction is great if ya don't try to put all the horses to work at once :)

Seriously, the car is very well mannered in snow, also the wipers and window defogging is super.

Bill
    Welcome Jerry!!! It's great to have another SE owner in the club. Not so long ago there were just a couple of us and now it seems like we're seeing more swell our ranks.

Regarding winter performance - last winter we had a lot of snow here in New England and my SE handled it superbly.

So what color do you have, Jerry (mine is a Spruce Green 2000)? And what options? You say you traded the 95 Grand Prix - did you look at anything else - if so what brought you to Bonneville?

Enough questions - it's great to have you here. Best wishes for many enjoyable years and miles of Bonnevillian pleasure!

Ken
    I drove my '00 SLE (with trac and the standard 235-55-17 RSA's) through last winter - a snowy Canadian one - with not one problem. Easy does it on the accelerator is the watchphrase for winter driving - regardless of what you drive.
    Jerry,

Welcome to the family. I wish you all the best with your new Bonnie. I purchased my 2001 Maple Red Bonnie back in July and it is a pleasure to drive.
    There are a lot of helpful Bonnie owners in this group and I am sure you will enjoy your car like the rest of us.

All the best,

Steve
  • cwillisjcwillisj Member Posts: 8
    My name is Chuck and I have owned two Bonnevilles, one a 1990 and a 1997. The 1990 is currently residing with my daughter in Arizona with almost 200,000 miles on it. Runs great and has never had any problems. My 1997 is here in Ohio and makes the trip to Arizona with ease. This a true performance car with all the comfort and toys indicative of cars that cost much more. When the time comes to replace this Bonne, it will be with another one, providing the power and quality remain the same.