Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Pontiac Bonneville Owners: Photo Gallery

124»

Comments

• xavier64xavier64 Member Posts: 76
    Here is the link to the photos I took when I met Ken at the Joseph Ambler Inn during the summer.

Hope you enjoy the photos and I hope to post other auto pictures on the site.

Steve Brown

http://photos.yahoo.com/xavier64_pa

• tpkentpken Member Posts: 1,108
    Great pics.

Sorry I havent been on much lately. Gonna have to do better! Thanks for the posting.

Ken
  • coachmeekscoachmeeks Member Posts: 2
    I presently have a '02 Black SSEI. I have been so perenoid about finger prints, dirt, scratches, swirls, but I think black is the best. Now my nice new Bonnie has been hit by Hail and I am trading it for another 2002. I cannot decide if I should go "back in black" or try the silver. They say the silver stays cleaner, does not show all the things that freak me out, etc. But God I love the black. What do you other Bonnie owner think? Also why cant I open alot of the pictures on the site????
  • mlm4mlm4 Member Posts: 401
    Sorry to hear about the hail damage. Black is gorgeous when it is new and clean and scratch/swirl-free, but personally I think it is too much work to keep it looking good all the time and it too readily shows the inevitable scratches and chips that will occur with any car. I'd go for the silver, personally.

As for some of the photos on this board, I'm guessing that many of them have been removed since the posts were made or the hosting sites have gone away. The photos don't actually live on this web site but somewhere else (the owner decides where to store them on the internet).
  • mfahey1mfahey1 Member Posts: 419
    OTH, should it ever be necessary to repaint a panel, silver is much more difficult to match when viewed from all angles, not just straight on.
  • h101h101 Member Posts: 62
    Black is for real car nuts.... Guys (and Gals) who love to spend time making her shine... and can't walk away from her without looking back.

I have two black, beautiful machines (and one dark green one for Carolyn)...

Hmmm... better not let Carolyn see that first para... I'll be in deep do-do about the can't walk away without looking back... she will obviously ask if I look back when I walk away from her.... double hmmmmmm....

Bill
    You are right... I looked back to see if my pixs still displayed and they do not. Then I realized when @HOME.com went belly-up my cable company shifted all of us to charter.net and the pix would have gone dead.

So.... here it is again :)

Bill

• smfransmfran Member Posts: 432
    Hi Bill - Glad to see you still here.
    You too tpken.
    I still visit all the boards in the Bonneville owners club and also still like my 2000 SSEi with 70,000 miles. I'm not unhappy though that my lease will end in May '03 and I will get the chance to choose a new vehicle.
    Does any one have any comments about the Envoy?
    Last year I posted pics but they also went away when the server moved from free to fee. Going to have to get onto Yahoo I guess and repost.

Ken
    Bill, nice shot of the cars. I think maybe my garage was that clean 24 years ago when we moved in. Too many Camaro parts not yet attached to the car.
  • coachmeekscoachmeeks Member Posts: 2
    I have heard from others about the problems matching and painting panels. what color do you think might work Mark?
    Bill, your cars look great. I bought my Bonnie on the first of April and I have 14,000 on the car already. I want to keep the black but I have driven my wife and family crazy caring for it and fretting over the swirls, scratches, hand prints and other realities of driving so much. I personally think there is no color except black, but under the circumstances what color(s) would you suggest Bill? The supply of 2002 is fading fast !!!
    Looks like my link to Yahoo didn't take. It looked good at home the other day. Going to have to check it out tonight.
    Any good (with the emphasis on good) can match any color. The light colors with high metalic content such as the light blues and silvers are the most difficult to get right. They are also the ones you see most often on a car with obviously repainted panels. I certainly wouldn't let that sway you one way or the other on a car. Go for what you like and deal with color matches later.
    Hey Coachman,

If we all liked the same thing we couldn't find our cars in the parking lot...

I love the dark grey (graphite?) Bonnie... if the GP/X at last year's auto show would have been for sale I would've driven it out of there :)
    Located above rear window.

imageimage
  • pturner1pturner1 Member Posts: 33
    http://www.hpphoto.com/servlet/LinkPhoto?GUID=7fa53e44-5d2f-319b-- 5248-7bcbf82e1fde&size=lg

No one was injured in the following story.
    This is what happened:
    Friday 6:30 PM est Major city, USA
    I was at a traffic light where 2 two lane roads intersected. There were cars in front of me going straight as well as cars coming through from the opposite direction. When I pulled up to the center of the intersection signaling to turn left, I paused, the car opposite me also was signaling to turn left, they paused. I began to make my left turn, looking to the lane where I was going turn, I looked back and this other car was coming right at me and just kept coming until is ran into my passenger side tire.
    I got out to see if the other driver was hurt. She was OK. I said, "You had your left turn signal on." She said "yes, but I changed her mind and turned it off and went straight instead."
    I called 911 and soon the police arrived. The officer collected insurance and drivers information and accounts of the incident from the drivers and witnesses. The officer surmised that the other driver did not use proper caution at the intersection and was issued a summons.

I'll see Mon or Tues the extent of the damages
  • theicemantheiceman Member Posts: 736
    Sorry to hear about that but glad the damage was only to your car - pity it's front-end though.

I've seen too many people signaling a turn and then not following through to trust that alone - although, by rights, you should be able to rely on it.

Let us know the extent of the damage.

ice
    Ouch, ouch. I assume your airbag went off to have taken that hard of a hit. I congratulate you for not getting out and strangling her for what she did to your car. I know I would have been tempted.
    I took the car to a Pontiac dealer in Roswell,GA today but I won't find out the damages until the insurance adjuster comes by. No air bag was deployed. The one who hit me was stopped as was I before I started my turn. She said she changed her mind and went straight. This is what a Pontiac Sunbird can do to our cars accelerating from a dead stop and going maybe 15 feet. And the hair color was brunette. Go figure.
    The insurance adjuster started with a check for 5k to get started on the repairs.
    I went and saw the car today. The upper and lower control arms were snapped in two. Both fenders, front bumper and internal framework have to be replaced and some components under the hood on the passenger side have to be replaced. The chrome wheel on the passenger has to be replaced but the brakes and rotor are OK. They said that the hood was fine. I don't know about the transaxle, they have to do some more inspection.
    I'm concerned that it may not be the same again but the collision shop said they could fix it all and not to worry, "It'll be as good as new".
    I hope so. I love that car because I've had 76000 trouble free miles.
    More as it develops
    You sure the pulley wasn't damaged(wink, wink)? Might be time for another one.
    I've always wanted to do that. 3.4 I believe.
  • truspeedtruspeed Member Posts: 4
    That is one of the ugliest cars ever
    but for pontiac its a step up
    has a pontiac ever been in car and drivers top ten?
  • rjs200240rjs200240 Member Posts: 1,277
    I detailed my sister's 1995 Bonneville today, and decided to start off with the engine. Here is what it looked like with 8 years of crud on it:

And here it is after:
  • sonnyb3sonnyb3 Member Posts: 16
    I have cool pics from the autoshow of the 2004 GXP, How did you guys post them. I am unable to paste them into the text box.
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    Click on "Town Hall Help" for instructions about posting a photo. However, there are some photo hosting sites that do not allow cross-linking, so you may only be able to post a link to your photo. If you need any further assistance, please send me an email.
  • scoobycar10889scoobycar10889 Member Posts: 6
    Does anyone know if the old bad cupholders on 2000 - 2001 bonnys can be replaced to the newer ones that can actully HOLD DRINKS?

Thanks
    Will
  • theicemantheiceman Member Posts: 736
    My understanding is that you'd have to change several components of your console. For example, the traction control button moved from in front of the cupholders ('01) to the dash console ('02). So, to do it properly involves a fairly significant expense.

I know I won't do it. Of course, I don't use my cupholders for drinks anyway - and I like the lid.
    See post 149 on this board for a photo of the newer cupholders. Both of console sections for the cupholders and the shift lever are different shapes and sizes. As noted the switches for the traction control and heated seats (if applicable) are now located in what used to be a small storage space in front of the shifter. Like iceman, I like the lid over the old cupholders, and I also like the storage space for my wallet. If my passenger has a cup, he/she just has to hold it for themselves. :-)
  • bailey69bailey69 Member Posts: 1
    can anyone tell me the difference or changes made in the Bonneville SSEI from '02-'03 ? I originaly looked at the '03 and fell in love with it, but the car I can get is the '02 model. Anything to look for? It seems to be just as loaded even w/moonroof. The '02 is coming from another state thats why I am asking. Thanks.
  • ssurgeontssurgeont Member Posts: 8
    The leather interior is IMHO is much nicer in the 03's than the 02's,You don't see the stitching on the 03's which sometimes looked uneven.The leather looks more elegant([non-permissible content removed] Luxury)and more of what you would expect in a 35k auto.
  • bunky36bunky36 Member Posts: 94
    I agree with surgeont. The leather seats have gone from what has been variously described as a "catcher's mitt" style to a more elegant look. Actually it looks like Pontiac just borrowed the seats from the Oldsmobile Aurora. The only other differences between the '02 and '03 SSEi that I have noticed are the Monsoon 8-speaker audio system in the '03 and the availability of XM Radio.
  • ccsakiccsaki Member Posts: 2
    I own 2 bonnevilles a1993 and a2004 . Ifound this sight tryn to get info on a trans problem on the 04 glad to see so many other pontiac owners. very poor at typing
This discussion has been closed.