Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Pontiac Bonneville Owners: Photo Gallery

Comments

• tpkentpken Member Posts: 1,108
    the "Triumvirate". Wasn't that Ceasar, Pompey and Mark Antony? (Don't think spell check will recognize that one - hope I got it right!)
  • homer2000sseihomer2000ssei Member Posts: 159
    Doesnt it seem like that product was developed just for our cars. I have the black, and with the body contours - it just looks too damned nice! I think Sal deserves an honourable mention for BEST car product / accessory.

also, have you heard that there is a new "product" coming out very soon - it's supposed to be an additive you can put into the Z2, or Z5 to make it possible to do multiple coats without the waiting period of a few hours at best. can you imagine - 2-3 coats in an hour - and you had better be wearing shades, cause it will look even better than what we get now. Yes, even though it's not the optimum application - i do presently put on multiple coats in the same day - I just love polishing that car !
  • h101h101 Member Posts: 62
    I've posted this shot before in the open forum (under the caption "What Plates?). But it really deserves a spot in the photo gallery with a plug for Zaino.

Here are two fun cars :)

There you go again posting pics of that gorgeous .....GARAGE! ...to say nothing of those beautiful cars!

Ken
  • kzmkzm Member Posts: 55
    the Batboat or the Batplane?"- Alfred. (Batman and Robin).

KZM
    ;-)
    OK, I've checked your profile and just cant seem to locate where that garage might be.

Damn, clean or what? and the cars are good too :)

Funny, i just spent the weekend putting about 600 miles on a friends 99 vette, and I just couldnt get comfortable in my car for a few days. I was felling like i was sitting up wayyy to high. Do you have that problem adjusting back and forth?
    You mean you want a street address!!!!

Well, it is 7 Bayside Drive, and you are welcome anytime. :)

Actually, the SSEi and the Vette have lots in common and I find it easy to make the adjustment. Much easier than the days when I had a '77 New Yorker/two feet longer than the Bonnie and an '84 Fiero/six feet shorter than the Bonnie.

Both the SSEi and the Vette have power, the gauges, switchs and controls are almost the same, both have fairly stiff suspension.... both are black :). Both have mirrors that seem to stick out way beyond anything I have ever owned before!

I assume that was a fun 600 miles...
    Just kidding - it was a great 600 M, and the drag strip was fun too! But, seriously - it took me two days to feel comfortable in the Bonne - even my wife noticed a difference in me when I was driving the SSEi the first day back into it. I felt like I was riding in a granpa car - or a truck - it was just weird.

Oh, and i am envious of your garage - I can barely park in mine when the weather acts up - it's a 2car - but it really serves as more of a storage and meeting place during the spring to fall seasons. next years house will be different - i will actually be darned sure i can park and work inside. Last year we built a car/truck wash garage onto my brothers place - hot and cold water, floor drain, insulated, heated - it is nice to pull in during the middle of winter and a few hours later pull out all cleaned and Zaino'd.

ahh, but i ramble - so it's back to the papers piling up on my desk - Geez, I shouldnt have gone golfing yesterday, it always takes two days to catch up.
  • bdreggorsbdreggors Member Posts: 143
    Now I present to you the first ever pictures of my Bonneville.

(trumpet fanfare)

Sittin' pretty after a gentle spring shower. Tell me Zanio doesn't work! ;-)

Afterburners on! This Bonnie is also proud to serve! I decided to leave the Dick Norris emblem on (under right taillamp) since they gave a good deal on the car. No muss, no fuss, no removal of their little ad.

Not the best pic of the bunch, but check out the wheels! Off towards the right of the picture, my '79 LeSabre says 'get me, too!'

I love this pic because my lawn looks green! Stood on the LeSabre's bumper for this one.

2000 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi

Galaxy Silver

Loaded, sans heated seats & CD changer

Purchased: October, 2000

Dealership: Dick Norris Buick/Pontiac/GMC Miliage: 3542 as of this morning

Average MPG: Hovering around 20-22. Not bad for city driving!

Problems: slightly loose driver's side A-pillar speaker and loose astroroof headliner BOTH fixed for FREE by Dick Norris.

Responding to timebomb over in the other area. Here is a photo of the UHaul custom hitch for the SSEi. You can hardly notice it.

Thanks for those pics.

Brian - I had a 79 LeSabre too - the Turbo Coupe with 3.8 L - navy blue with all the chrome except bumpers painted black.

Take care

Ken
    Here's Mr and Mrs.

Does It look like we own the street?

SIZZZZZZZZZLLLLLE!

Great pics Kevin!

Ken
    how do we post a pic ?

// sheepish grin //
    Go back to post # 1 in this forum for instructions

Ken
    Here is one of 24 photos taken for practice one day. . . . .Y2K SSEi with nearly 30,000M, the 6-spoke swirl rims, window tint and only about 10 coats of Zaino by this time. . . . almost 2 months ago.

and here is proof that an engine bay with two Ontario winters and lots of miles can be clean and happy

and the good news, (or bad) if these work out - ill post a bunch more :)

thanks for the refernce to seeing post #1 - yahooooo......heres some mor einteresting shots --tell me to stop if they are too much . . .. :)

this is me in the door - everyone wave now !

notice the street light reflection - Zaino -

and last one for now - i just think it's kind of an amusing photo -

Dennis - Great Job! Excellent pics and wow what a shine!! That Zaino is amazing.

Thanks for sharing your pics - and no - there can never be too many pics of Bonnevilles!

Ken
  • boosted1boosted1 Member Posts: 90
    Hopefully I am posting am image of my 2001 SSEi.

A Dark Bronzemist beauty!!!

I love it.

very nice pics. . . . .now, go get those windows tinted - !
    oh yeah - those are my favourite rims. . .
  • theicemantheiceman Member Posts: 736
    AFG - Absolutely Gorgeous! It's like I'm looking at my own car! Thanks for the pix - I just might save them and pass them off as my car (until I get the Zaino crew here and the digital camera out).

Dan
    Hey mister - Nice Car!!

Ken

(Don't you love to hear that from kids?)
  • sixxersixxer Member Posts: 36

Is that Zaino ? oops, am i going to start something asking that question ?

welcome . . . .
    Stan - Gorgeous Maple (Leaf) Red! Congrats to you.

You and I should get together for a Christmas picture - Maple Red and Spruce Green 2000 SEs.

Ken
    I got the car back from being tinted, turned out pretty nice. Ended up going with 20% on the rear and 35% on the front.

Quite stylish!

Is that the Champlain lookout in Gatineau Park? If so, how did the Bonnie handle those "mountain" roads? If not, where is it? It looks like a nice spot....

Dan
    My SSEi is going in to have the windows tinted on thursday. I am going to have 35% all around per their suggestions. Hope it looks OK.

I am also having a remote starter installed for my wife.

My first mods. :)
    Good eye!

It is the Champlain lookout. The car handled the roads great. I went up early in the morning, no traffic. Was a fun ride. ;)
    Sounds like a great drive - Lake Champlain vistas, mountainous terrain, my right foot is starting to tap here - going to have to get out the atlas and check this out!

Stan - your SE looks fabulous! do you find any difficulty in backing up at night with the window tint? I know our Suburban is very difficult at night for that reason.

Ken
    The name "Champlain" is a tad over-used in Ontario, Quebec and New England (well, that guy was all over the place, wasn't he). The Champlain lookout in Gatineau park (just north of the city of Hull, Quebec) overlooks the Ottawa River Valley. As coincidence would have it, this valley is one of the original homelands of the Ottawa tribe - of which Pontiac would later be their chief.

Gee Stan, did you think of all that before you picked this spot for the pix?
    I find the 20% tint isn't too bad for backing up at night. I went with 20% with the Bonnie because my last car I had gone with 15% on the rear. That was definately too dark. The 20% so far isn't too bad. Although, I've only had the tint about a week now, so I haven't done much night driving with it yet.

Stan
    Uhhhh, yeah! Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking about when taking the pic! hehehe..
    :)

Stan
  • mlm4mlm4 Member Posts: 401
    New stablemate 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GL2 Sedan (Midnight Blue, 3400 V6, sunroof) alongside the Sleek Blue Beauty. Didn't have a chance to wax them up or dress the tires for this photo op, but at least they were clean! (Tahoe was dirty, will participate in family photo another day.) Note the family resemblance.

Michael - good looking family! Plenty of reason to be proud of them all! Is the Tahoe also dark blue?

Ken
  • mlm4mlm4 Member Posts: 401
    Ken - Yep, the Tahoe is two-tone Indigo Blue/Pewter. I must say that I didn't intend for all these vehicles to be blue, it just ends up being the favorite color given the selection. When I ordered the Bonnie, it was hands-down my first choice (Light Bronzemist was my second). When I ordered the Tahoe, Chevy offered Pewter and Dark Carmine Red, both of which I thought looked great on the Suburban but didn't quite do it for me on the short-wheelbase Tahoe. As for the Alero, the girlfriend's first choice was Black; mine was Light Bronzemist. She didn't like my choice and I am strongly opposed to black cars (they only look good when new and clean and scratch/swirl-free). This blue one was on the dealer's lot and it was an easy compromise. (Actually, it was only part of the compromise -- she wanted a coupe and I preferred the sedan, so it kind of seems like I got my way, eh?)
    I can't see your pictures. Please post them again, I am looking forward to seeing your new ride. Could you take a shot of the tailpipes and cupholders for all of us cupholder handicap 2000 and 2001 owners :)...

Enjoy the ride
  • cjwellscjwells Member Posts: 20
    Sorry I am Having trouble finding a web site that will allow me to post my pictures of the car here
    on this web site. I will keep trying, but if you have any suggestions let me know please.
    The Car is awesome the wife loves it (and is the one doing most of the driving of it during the week) This car replaced a 92 Ford Taurus. This was my wifes daily car. Now the Bonneville SSEi is her daily car.
    cjwells..

I am also a weekend driver on our Bonneville, as it too is my wifes daily driver. (lucky girl)

I am also in search of a site that will allow image hos6ing. Many of us used photo point, but as you probably noticed that is not working.

Ny one have a suggestion?
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    I'm not sure if all these sites support external linking, but they are free...or were the last time I looked.

www.ofoto.com
    www.fototime.com
    www.clubphoto.com

KarenS
    Host
    Owner's Clubs
    I wanted to repost some pictures of my awesome machine again, so I have followed "cjwells" idea and put them on a web page.

I will have to take some updated pics now that the windows are tinted.

please visit: http://www.geocities.com/boosted_bonne/Boosted_Bonneville.html

Update to website address!!

We are having a difficult time posting our pictures... please visit our site to see a couple of pictures... we will have more to follow soon - including some requests! Enjoy... we are!

visit: http://cjwells30.tripod.com

Finally! After playing with the website all night... I have finally posted some "special request photos" on our website. Please visit, and click the link to "Special Request Photos!"

Enjoy: http://cjwells30.tripod.com

cjwells,

Thanks for sharing some pics of your 2002 with us. I have been waiting anxiously to see these updates, but none of the Pontiac dealers have any yet.

Can you put two "regular" coffe cups in those cupholders at the same time? The current design will not even allow two regular size styrafoam foam coffee cups next to each other.

Those new style rims are almost as nice as mine :)

enjoy the ride.
    Wow - we all feel special now that you are taking requests for, and making a site to handle our requests. :)

I like your rims - i'll second that "almost as nice as mine" comment :)

That is a very brite white too ! Nice

I stopped waiting for the pics after two, my poor little 56K couldnt handle the download well.

Thanks
    Wow - what a great looking ride - I know how much you are enjoying it! Those cupholders are just what Ppontiac needed to do. I wonder if they can be retro fitted into our prior year editions. If so then a bunch of us will surely be ordering the set-up.

Thanks for sharing the pics.

Ken
    Can someone post a picture of the old cup holder design so I can maybe appreciate mine a little bit more? Thanks
This discussion has been closed.