Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota Sequoia Photo Gallery

slickrockslickrock Member Posts: 60
edited April 2014 in Toyota
So how do I post a photo? Do I need a personal website somewhere or is there a more direct way (like sending the .jpg) to Edmunds.

Comments

• Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    You cannot upload photos directly from your computer into a message within a discussion. Your photo must reside elsewhere. Some have used free photo hosting sites (www.picturetrail.com & www.zing.com/) to load their photos into a private folder and then post them within a message.

Here's how:

To get this:

Use this coding, but replace the ( and ) with < and >:

(img src="")

Or: (img src="Photo URL address")

To make your photo a link like this:

do this:

(a href="Page URL address")(img src="Photo URL address")(/a)

Remember, posting copyrighted photos is a no-no. Unless, of course, you own the copyright.

Hope this helps!

KarenS
    Host
    Owner's Club
  • slickrockslickrock Member Posts: 60
    Hmmm... Let's try this:

Looking down Long Canyon at the La Sal Mountains near Moab, Utah.

• gillygangillygan Member Posts: 17
    OK. Let's try this picture-posting stuff. :)

And just out of curiosity... how many Red Pearl Sequoia are out there? They seem to be a rarity. I see that "slickrock" has one in Utah. Then I saw another one (on the road) with a Florida license plate. I've seen a gazillion silver and white and black. One blue. One green. What happened?! :) Thanks.

Gil.

• pbhortopbhorto Member Posts: 11
    Here we are at Bullfrog Marina by Lake Powell. Just loading up for the trip home. Carrier on top is a LARGE Thule. Towing the wave runners was a breeze. What a great vehicle.

We have a Thunder Gray LTD 4x4 with all the bells and whistles.

• marksue1marksue1 Member Posts: 12
    OK, so I don't have a photo... but then again, either do the others here. So.... just imagine, I too have the red Sequoia, but have only ever seen one other in the past 45,000 miles. It really stands out nice against all the grey, white and silver......

How do you think it looks here?
  • andylukacsandylukacs Member Posts: 1
    Hi - I am new to this forum but have so far found it very useful - we are looking for a sr5 in the charlotte area and are not too picky on options - just looking for a great deal - does anyone have any suggestions, good or bad experiences with toyota dealers in the Charlotte NC area? Thanks!
  • sequoiasoonsequoiasoon Member Posts: 223
    I'm buying from Fred Anderson Toyota in Raleigh. Salesman Carl Anderson, EXCELLENT to deal with. Did everything on phone and internet (live in NY but they could not get what I wanted for options) A little far for you drive maybe but excellent experience for me.
  • gkatz1gkatz1 Member Posts: 296
    Here is a pic of my 2002 SR5.

• npuritanpurita Member Posts: 1
    I bought this truck in 2000 and haven't regretted it one bit. I get 19 mpg and have not done a single thing to it.It has 50,000 miles on it as of today.
      The brakes have never been touched and it still stops silky smooth.I do though hear the tapping upon starting and after a few minutes it goes silent.
      I do however dislike the leather seat on the drivers side,seems it has a small crack through the side and it annoys me ,but all in all I am ecstatically happy with the vehicle.
       Sorry but cannot seem to get the picture of the truck on this posting.
  • i_luv_toyotai_luv_toyota Member Posts: 350
    Beautiful Sequoia!
  • slcamtslcamt Member Posts: 37
    Nice tint I wish we could go that dark around here. Are those after market running boards? Do I detect lights on them?
    I got the running boards aftermarket from a Toyota dealer. I guess their a Toyota approved accessory. Yes, they are lighted and work well. They don't quite stick out as much as the stock ones.

The tint is really just shy of legal. I may lighten them up a bit because it is hard to see at night.
    You're very welcome! It's always a pleasure to comment on a beautiful Seq.!
  • reboulderreboulder Member Posts: 13
    Jest bought our 1st new car in ... what ... 17 years! A Sequoia SR5, loaded with moonroof, leather, side airbags, etc., etc. ... and LOVE it!
    Let's see if I can load these pix and, if so, there's more to follow ...

imagehttp://dickgilbert.com/sequoia/sequoia-new1-600x600.jpg

imagehttp://dickgilbert.com/sequoia/sequoia-new2-600x600.jpg

Hey, I think it worked! More to follow as we customize dis beauty.
    Feedback invited!
    That's a nice Sequoia! I love that color, and with the 17" rims makes it look fantastic!

Congrats on the nice ride!
  • darknightdarknight Member Posts: 1
    This is my baby!!!
    Thanks for the feedback, 'n would love to see "Big Bertha!" What a powerful, refined giant the Sequoia is. Here's a pic of our 1st accessory
    ... look close ...

the hood deflector from Carson Toyota. Sharp!
    That's a nice way to top off a Sequoia! Really slick!
    Here's the latest addition to "The Beast" ...

rear spoiler from SpoilerDepot.com. Installation not advised for the faint-of-heart!
  • arslanarslan Member Posts: 36
    Did you install that spoiler yourself?
    Actually, a friend installed it. It required drilling 4 precisely placed holes in the top of the hatch cover, among other things, and the generic instructions provided were next to useless.
  • arslanarslan Member Posts: 36
    Your Sequoia looks really sharp. I purchased a Sequoia SR5 4WD in Desert Sand just over two weeks ago and now realize I could use a bug deflector and a rear spoiler, assuming the spoiler functions as intended by Toyota. But my first priority is to add Sirius satellite radio.
  • raddboy41raddboy41 Member Posts: 249
    Here is a pic of my 2002 SR5 w/ self installed Entertainment System.

• Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    Nice setup!

Uhhh...can I vacation with you? :-)
    Wow, you're one HANDYMAN, guy. Looks great!
    Thanks Reboulder and Karen! It was a labor of love for the kids! We just got back from a camping vacation to Emerald Isle, NC and I swear the entertainment system has paid for itself already with the quietness from the backseat! They can watch the same DVD on both screens or one can watch a DVD while the other watches something on the VCR using headphones. Daddy....watches the road! :^)
    ... a WAAG FrontRunner ...

and WAAG taillight and bumper guards.

• aethulwulfaethulwulf Member Posts: 2
    Hi Reboulder,
    Where did you get the WAAG taillight and bumper guard?
    Hi, aethulwulf -

Sorry for this tardy response.

I got the tail light guards set (WAAG #13814) and the frontrunner bumber guard (WAAG #18358)
    from latruck.com and the rear bumber guard from GoGrilleGuards.com.

Know that none of the installations were simple. The tail light guards took 2 days of adjusting and bending to achieve an acceptable fit, and both front and rear bumber guards took a lot of elbow grease and, finally, a 2-3 ft. galvenized pipe extension slid over a socket wrench to untighten the mounting bolts.

None of these installs is for the faint-of-heart, but hope this helps!

Regards,
    Dick
  • 7lenny77lenny7 Member Posts: 4
    Bought this 2003 for my wife about 2 months ago. I need to get one for me! We bought of the lot and it already had the pin striping. I really like the look.

Evidently my photo hosting site won't let me embed the jpeg link, so you'll have to go here:

http://www.pbase.com/image/23071649

http://www.pbase.com/image/23071654

http://www.pbase.com/image/23071657
  • ar15ar15 Member Posts: 58
    Too bad your state requires tags on the front. They spoil the looks a great cars like the Sequoia.

Question: Did you add the exhaust tip? It looks good. What are the details?
  • 7lenny77lenny7 Member Posts: 4
    You're right, it does take away from the look to have a front plate.

The exhaust tip was a dealer add on. In the final rounds of negotiation, I had them throw in that and the cargo net. It's an official Toyota accessory made by Valor. It's 304 stainless steel and simply bolts on. I think they get $45 for it, but you could probably go down to your local auto parts store and buy something similar for $25 or so.

You can find more info on it here:

http://www.toyota.com/vehicles/2004/sequoia/accessories.html
  • istargazeristargazer Member Posts: 9
    My Sequoia is slightly dirtier than the others, but here's a picture of it in action last August:

I have more pictures and info here on my web page.
  • stevek80stevek80 Member Posts: 64
    We like the Silver Sky Metallic. With tinted windows we think it looks best and show least amount of dirt.. Second choice was the Phantom Gray Pearl... Thoughts??
  • stevek80stevek80 Member Posts: 64
    raddboy41 - where did you purchase the entertainment system.. and did you install that yourself? What's involved..? Cost? Can one kid watch a DVD, one a VCR and can you listen to the radio.. all at the same time? We thought about the factory DVD but when the kids are watching a movie we're either just listening to the movie or road noise if they wear the head sets.. Looking for something to keep them AND me entertained.. Thanks!
  • robertbickrobertbick Member Posts: 28
    I have the Phantom Grey Pearl. It hides the dirt pretty good except for the salt spray from the snow covered roads. My favorite color would have been black. I think they look the best but they only good when they are spotless. They require too many washes to look good all the time.
    I picked up the pieces of our entertainment system from various sources on the internet. That was about 18 mnths ago, so the parts are even cheaper and better today! I installed everything myself after much research and it took about 12 hrs. total and $1200. Yes, each 7" widescreen has dual inputs so they can watch either the DVD or VCR and listen on their headsets. The stereo system is open for the adults to listen to music or tuned to 88.7 to hear what's playing on the DVD or VCR. Installing the widescreens in the headrest (swap the 2nd row headrest it the front row, they're bigger) isn't for the faint of heart, but it's not hard.
  • lobolobo Member Posts: 5
    I have located several sources to order chrome rocker panels for Toyota pick ups but can not find these panels for 2004 Sequoia. Any help or advise is apprciated.
  • mannyboymannyboy Member Posts: 12
    Thats a nice entertainment system you got, what's that unit you have at the back?
    Thanks! The unit in the back is a Hi-Fi VCR that feeds back into the LCD widescreens. Gives us the ability to play DVD or VHS.
  • pelfpelf Member Posts: 1
    What type of DVD system fits best with a Sequoia with the moonroof?I want the flip-down but it seems the moonroof is in the way.
  • phinmanphinman Member Posts: 1
    raddboy.... i've ordered my headrest screens and dvd player. i see in your center console, you have some brackets that "prop" up the front of your dvd player to install at a slight angle. did those come with your system or did you get from somewhere. i'm going to need something similar. thanks
    I just kind of fabricated the bracket out of the ones that came with the system.
  • leeohanaleeohana Member Posts: 3
    Did anyone answer this question because we have the same question as well. We have the moonroof as well and are pondering on putting the flip down or headrest ones. Which would be best?
  • kennynmdkennynmd Member Posts: 424
    I'm in the car electronics business and I always suggest to my customers to go with the headrest TV's. First you get two monitors instead of one for just a couple of hundred dollars more. Two, they areat eye level so you are not always looking up to watch a movie. Three, some companies make a headrest that have the wires through the headrest posts so they are hidden In addition these companies sometimes have a cover that goes over it so nooone will know that you have TV's.
     What I have are the two headrests and a 15" flipdown for rear and 3rd row passengers. Because the 15" takes so much space, I have a rear view mirror/monitor to see whats behind me at all times.
  • usairj1usairj1 Member Posts: 5
    True! That is a nice rig, but I could not see the pictures of the entertainment system. And I would like to know where you got the bug shield. I love how they contour down on both sides of the grille. I have a 2004 Red SR5 with 30000 miles, and 3 kids. I'm trying to research how I can keep them all entertained with the in headrest systems, but it seems they only sell the headrests in pairs. Additionally, I would like them to all have a cjhoice as to what they want to do (game, DVD, TV, etc.) any ideas would be appreciated. And I would like to see those pictures of the interior of your Sequoia. usairj@midsouth.rr.com
    The bug shield is made by "Formfit" and can be purchased at Carson Toyota in CA. If I remember rightly, Edmunds policy forbids me from posting the phone number. You'll have to "Google" it. They'll ship it to you. Installation was not difficult and it's nicer than the OEM "Toyota" bug shield.
This discussion has been closed.