Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Land Rover Freelander

Comments

• trburtontrburton Member Posts: 22
    My situation exactly. Transmission at 45000. Engine at 55000. LR would not cover new engine. Repossession to Land Rover Capital after they added my engine invoice to amount owed LR Capital prior to repossesion. I had worked out deal with dealer to pay for engine after 30 days. On the same day LR Capital demanded full note payment including added engine repair, LR Customer service called me and said that they would not cover engine. My total cost to own for 55000 miles was over $55000. $1.00 a mile.
  • yeppibrattoneyeppibrattone Member Posts: 2
    i haven't paid off my freelander yet but with all these never- endng problems, i want to get rid of it asap. the only problem with me is that i have a poor credit to buy a new car. when i first got my freelander my apr was only 3.9%. now my credit gone bad with money eatting freelander, i don't know what to do. anyone with an advice? :cry: btw, i sent an email to join the law suit as well
  • yeppibrattoneyeppibrattone Member Posts: 2
    i agree 100%, so now what are you going to do with ur freelander? store it?
  • robinettrobinett Member Posts: 1
    What would it take for a class action lawsuit? I have an 02 Freelander. I bought it used (only 1 previous owner) and have had it just over a year, good maintenance record. A couple months ago there was a ticking noise and the check engine light came on, I had it hooked up to a computer but showed nothing. Then a few weeks after the ticking started, the car was real sluggish and was really loud. I took it to the mechanic they hooked it up to a computer and they said with everything it is showing wrong I would be better off buying a new engine. It is parked right now as it has been for the past 2 months. I still have to make payments, can't afford to fix it, and can't afford to get another car. What can be done? How many people does it take to get a class action suit? Any idea if this is a real possibility? :lemon: :lemon: :lemon: :lemon:
  • kwatlandkwatland Member Posts: 2
    I'm in a very similar situation. I've had nothing but problems with my 2002 LR Freelander SE. I'm curious to know what the email address is to join the lawsuit. I would love to get rid of this car but in the same turn would hate to dump this on anyone else. I'm more than disappointed in my Land Rover and would never buy a Land Rover again. I tell everyone I know how much a piece of crap they are. Please forward me the email address so I can join too!
    Thank you.
  • kwatlandkwatland Member Posts: 2
    Please add me to the list as well. I have a 2002 LR Freelander SE and have had nothing but issues with it since the day I bought it. I still owe money on this car and can barely afford to keep up with all the repairs as it is. My transmission hasn't blown yet...but after reading these posts it seems I have nothing to look forward to but problems with this vehicle. I'd like to be included in the battle.
    Thank you.
  • alpineralpiner Member Posts: 8
    Does everyone here know that Land Rover is a subsidiary of FORD MOTOR COMPANY?
  • 08lr308lr3 Member Posts: 76
    unfortunately - yes
  • tiredoflrtiredoflr Member Posts: 40
    Yes, they were acquired by them a few years back. They are under the corporate umbrella but still function separately as a fully independent subsidiary. They will still be responsible for their crap rover.....
    Is their any reason why you would mention this.....? :mad:
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Ford is actively shopping LR and Jag. They supposedly have a deadline for bids for the middle of next week. I suppose the new buyer could assume warranty obligations or leave them with Ford or maybe they could try to shift them somewhere else?
  • british_roverbritish_rover Member Posts: 8,502
    Please keep in mind that Ford was not the designer of the Freelander either.

That was Land Rover under BMW ownership.
    Good point - sometimes you buy a pig in a poke eh?
  • groviergrovier Member Posts: 1
    Could someone please advise how to join a class action suit against LandRover ?
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    While you're waiting for a reply to your question you may want to review some of what has already been discussed here regarding class actions by typing "class action" (without the quotes) into the "Search this discussion" box at the top of this page on the right side.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • cary27519cary27519 Member Posts: 5
    I like to join any lawsuit against Land Rover and/or Ford.

I baught brand new 2002 Freelander, i continue having problem since i baught. Almost every month i had to take my LR back to garage. Now warranty just expire and i have some trouble with Air intake manifold and Thermostate leak which cause overheating, .... no help from Land Rover, Out of Warranty, ... will cost $1,800. I never see lausy customer service. We need to collectively file suit against LR/Ford. my e-mail: yogeshrpatel@hotmail.com
    "Class action" sounds like a big hammer, but some of you may be better off talking to your own attorney, a lemon law attorney or your state's consumer protection agency or the BBB. You may do better not being lumped in with a crowd. Often you can get a free or cheap initial consultation too.

Or maybe John Grisham's The King of Torts influenced me a bit too much. ;)
  • cary27519cary27519 Member Posts: 5
    any news regarding lawsuit against LR, I have 2002 Freelander keep breaking down. Now it stop in the mioddle of the road,...was scary for my teenage daughter.

No help from LR to fix it, as it just goen out of warrenty.

yogeshrpatel@hotmail.com
  • hatelandroverhatelandrover Member Posts: 1
    I would like for Land Rover to buy back my 2003 Freelander. I purchsed it used on 4/30/07. It overheated less than a week later.I have brought it back to dealer(SEWELL) three times for a commulative period of about 50 days overall. They sent it to Land Rover to check out.Initially, the coolant dissapeared after 5 days, and then I found it to be leaking into the engine.The engine is also knocking. The first trip back to dealer, nothing was done, "no leak found". The second trip, I wa told that there was a hose replaced and that the problem was fixed. The service engine light came on and two days later the coolant had completely dissapeared(into the engine again.)The third time, it was brought in on JULY 3rd and this past week it was finally decided that there was engine problems and it needed replacing at my cost or $6500 as trade in(I paid $15000. I towed the truck home.Please help. I have initiated correspondence with LR manufacturer via letter on July 2nd and was contacted by phone on July 20th, and they siad they would check into it.I have contact BBB and have found 2 attorneys that will review my case. i am in theprocess of betting papperword submitted to them for review. What else can I do to get it bought back by the manufacturer?
  • ooomamelooomamel Member Posts: 2
    I would like info on the class action suite against Land Rover... My 2002 is toast!!!!!!!!!! And I still owe 11,000 on it!!!!!!!UUUUUGGGGGGGGGG
    Good news to everyone! I have a lawyer that has begun researching and is going to help us as much as he can!
    If you have not already been added to my email, please send me an email at landrover_lawsuit@hotmail.com
    If you have already contacted me, then you have an email from me with the lawyers contact info and next steps. Thank you to everyone for your patience, I know this has been painful for many!!!!
    Bridget :):)
  • chaz3681chaz3681 Member Posts: 1
    I bought me my freelander in feb of 07, its been in the shop 5 times since then and is about to go back in.( I would have it there now but landrover is backed up for 2 weeks, wonder why) But ive had the same things go wrong as everyone else, I just dont see how a company like landrover, can make such terd. I regret getting rid of my trooper now. What sucks is I still have 4 years of payments on it, and Im not sure how to get rid of it and still at least break even. If anyone has any ideas, it would be greatly appreciated. I think my next car may be a hyndai, I bet theyre better quality than a lr.
    Well, hop on with our lawsuit if you'd like......
    In the meantime...if this is affecting your livelyhood...insist on them taking you sooner and let them know that everyday you spend out of work is going to be what you give them as a bill.....or through your lawyer. They have an obligation that they are letting go....they are treating people like dirt and it's just not right.
    You can also see how much you can get for it from Toyota or Hyndai.....just for kicks :lemon:
  • lcubed21458lcubed21458 Member Posts: 4
    I'm hoping that even though we are in Michigan and the lawyer is in CA that we will still be included in the lawsuit. It is actually me daughter and son-in-laws car, that's been sitting since may, because they can't afford to get the transmission fixed and they owe more than it's worth cause it's not worth anything!!

Thanks for the info
    Lori
    Yes, you should be fine. This is a Lawsuit that is spanning through the US as far as I know; if not, North America, as that's how they function as well.
    Talk to you soon. Bridget
  • dhudecdhudec Member Posts: 1
    I have an 02' Freelander with all the same issues. within the 1st two yrs of ownership, my car died while driving. After being towed to the dealership (Solon, Ohio) I was told that no problem was found. Skip to 4 yrs later, I had my oil changed at an outside service place. They told me I may have engine issues due to oil in the coolant, and coolant in the oil.
    Took it to LR twice until they would admit a problem. They finally admitted that I needed a complete engine replacement. I was still under warranty, but they said they would not fix it!

I had an attorney send a letter, wrote letters to the local newspapers, but nothing helped. Then I filed a claim w/ the BBB. I got a call from the Consumer Affairs Dept. in NJ saying they would have LR replace my engine...and they would pay for it. I was screaming with joy at work when I got the call after years of frustration. My car has had multiple other issues-bad harmon karden speakers, 3 window regulator replacements, brake pads needing replaced early, etc.

I also had a knocking noise in the front end which they also fixed (installed viscous coupler and carrier barrings supposedly $2,500 in repairs.)

Now that the engine has been replaced, LRNorth America wants me to sign a release and settlement agreement basically giving up any rights or claims I may have against LR in the future. After reading all of this, I don't think I should sign anything.
    Any suggestions?

D
    I wouldn't sign anything. Gather all of your paperwork and join this fight. You don't have to have the car in your possession to join this either, so you can tell them to shove it if you'd like.
    Ya, that banging sound too.....had it repaired about 6 times....one time when they actually installed my strutt the wrong way.....don't get me started. Email me your information and i will send you the lawyers contact information. landrover_lawsuit@hotmail.com
    Note: if you copy and paste, you have to fix the @ sign as it may be transposed or changed.
    thanks, Bridget
  • nomolandrovernomolandrover Member Posts: 11
    WOW! I'm glad to see I have some company...On the other hand, I'm sorry to know that all of you are having the same problem. Mine's a 2002 that I bought brand new. Had all kinds of problems with the engine cooling system during the second year and had the transmission replaced the third year. All under warranty. Problems seemed to be fixed then but, now that it's out of warranty, it overheated again and, this time, the LR service center is telling us that the engine needs to be replaced. At our cost, of course! LR is stupid to allow this to boil over into a class action lawsuit. They'd preserve their reputation and goodwill by paying for engine replacements on an individual settlement basis. Instead, they've angered so many people by slow and ineffective responses that they're going to lose a lot more than the cost of a few thousand engine replacements. I'm putting a big fat sign on mine that says "Don't buy a Land Rover - engines must be replaced when they overheat! (It's not defamation because the statement is true!) I live on a main street in my town and everyone who lives nearby will see it. Tiredoflr, I'll send you my info - I hope the lawyer moves this along as fast as possible.
  • dbfinlaydbfinlay Member Posts: 13
    Everyone should understand the following: Land Rover cannot "make-good" by providing replacement engines. That is out of thier control. Fact: Freelander engines were made by an outside company that went out of business, and the factory equipment used to build Freelander engines was bought by a Chinese Company. Reasonably assumed rumor: Land rover sends our defective engine blocks to the Chinese company to be rebuilt - every "rebuilt" engine we install for $6000 to $7000 is constructed from an engine block that has already failed at least once. My second engine was at 48K miles. 12 months and 3 weeks later (just outside the 12 month warranty) - engine #3 at 66K miles. Everyone please make every possible effort to join the class action suit. Keep your documentation, submit it to the attorneys.
  • mav1989mav1989 Member Posts: 1
    I had this battle with Landrover for over a year and a half. I went through corperate and they ignored me and so did the dealership. I had my landrover in for the SAME problem atleast TWENTY times. I had everything from engine lights to sucking through 2 bottles of antifreeze a week. Often while driving it would slip into some sort of idol state where it would cut to like 20% power I could slam the gas and go a whole 10 miles an hour.... real safe on the highway. Eventually it got so bad it would have a hard time starting. However, I purchased extended warantee for 100,000/6years. Eventually after having it in for the nth time they told me the engine was shot. This was with less then a month left on my warantee. They tried to tell me replacment was going to cost $6500 for the motor and after labor and such around $13,000. After a year and a half of that crap that was just the icing on the cake for them. My STERN belief was that they saw the milage that was being put on the car. I was at 97,500 miles and they were waiting for my warantee to blow and then stick me with the bill. HAHAHA, hilarious. Uhm, yeah, after a brief fight with the dealership and the insurance company they were forced to replace the engine for my insurance deductable.

Shortly after that I was told that two other cars were brought in that very same week with the same problems. Both which were out of warantee. This is obviously a manufacturing defect, I dont care if the engine was made by a seperate company Landrover should be held accountable for this problem.

The final diagnosis I revieved was that the engine sleve on the motor had dropped enough that the antifreeze lines were dumping antifreeze into the engine. This obviously destroying the engine. I have all documentation for every time I took the car in along with the one that showed all the replaced items on the motor. Feel free to add me to the list. I would like to be reimbursed for all the crap they billed me for for trying to fix the problem that was only just recently solved. I had everythign replaced from water pumps to all sorts of lines. I had these problems for over 25,000 miles. Honestly in the year and a half I had it in atleast twenty times and every time replacing some thing new. I feel sorry for everyone who has run out of warantee. Goodluck with your class action suite. Please feel free to e-mail me and keep me informed on your progress.

Cheers
    MAV
  • landroverlemonlandroverlemon Member Posts: 9
    I have not received an email with the lawyers information?

Thanks,
    Anne
    atwalke@yahoo.com
  • nofreelandernofreelander Member Posts: 2
    I would like to join class action suit as well
    Melissa artthatheals@yahoo.com. If you find anything out let me know
    After months of hard work and searching, we have found a lawyer that specialized in class action within the automotive industry. If you have not emailed me already, please do.
    landrover_lawsuit@hotmail.com
    (if you copy and paste this address, make sure you double check as the @ sign and _ can be removed or transposed.)
    Thank you and look forward to hearing from you.
    Bridget
  • kimc13kimc13 Member Posts: 5
    First let me say that I hate that we are all going through this! I am having the same major problems. From the press the gas and go nowhere to the overheating, and my favorite the HDC Light! I am so glad to know that the proper steps are being taken to hopefully get this resolved. Any information needed I can supply.

Kim
    http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/ I just registered my complaint with the Office of Defects Investigation on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. If you look at some of the complaints, it appears that some of the recalls may have started there. Its worth a shot.
    This is a great idea. I called the NHTSA last week (apparently before you filed your complaint) and was told that no complaint had been filed regarding the engine-overheat problem. I also am going to file mine. There seem to be loads of us who have this problem so, if everyone affected files a complaint with NHTSA, the engines might be recalled whether they're out of warranty or not.
    Meanwhile, LR apparently is addressing these on a case-by-case basis but, in my experience, they're not responding unless you keep pestering. In our case, they've cut a deal with the service center to replace the engine on a warranty basis (even though the car is 15k miles out of warranty) and then split that cost with us. This means we'd pay about $2,500 for the engine replacement instead of $8,000. We shouldn't be paying ANYthing, of course. Does anyone know whether an owner can recoup the cost of repairing or replacing a part (uh, like and engine) if NHTSA recalls that part after the owner has already paid to have it replaced or repaired?
    My concern with a class action suit, Bridget, is that it'll take years to reach closure and, once the attorneys' fees have been paid, we won't be made whole individually (even assuming we win). Also, I'd like to do my own due diligence on any law firm that's going to represent me. What's the name of the law firm and have they asked you to collect our contact information?
    I'd like to send you the info via email as to not give out any of their information on the web. I agree that it can take time, but it's the only option. I attempted to go at this by myself and 18 out of 20 lawyers said that I didn't have a shot in the dark.....go with class-action. It's the only way to prove absolute neglegence and knowledge of huge problems. Please email me at landrover_lawsuit@hotmail.com
    Please remember to double check email if you cut and paste as the @ sign drops or is transposed. Thank you!
  • marsh721marsh721 Member Posts: 1
    I will be contacting Bridget at the listed E-mail address. I have experienced identical issues with the cooling system on my daughter's 2004 Freelander. This vehicle is equipped with the 2.5L V6 MPIDOHL 24V engine.

I just authorized the dealer , Matheny Imports Inc. in Jacksonville Florida to replace the original engine, 53060 miles, with a rebuilt. The vehicle has been at the dealership 11 times prior to the installation of the rebuilt engine. In addition to the work at the dealership 4 new tires were installed and the front brake rotors and brake pads were replaced at 26456 by an independent repair shop. The rebuilt cost 6,247.97 and is warranted for 1 year.

The vehicle is out of warranty by 3000 miles and I was denied any relief from Land Rover even though the issue with overheating first became apparate at 45805 miles. My daughter noticed the temperature gauge momentarily spiking and then returning to normal. The service invoice from the dealership states that the problem was due to the expansion tank and cap were leaking. These parts were replaced.

During the 3000 miles after the expansion tank and cap were replaced coolant was added several times approximately a pint at a time, from the low mark on the expansion tank to bring it to the max line. The vehicle was in Ocean City Md. where my daughter has a summer job. The closest dealer is in Virginia Beach which is 250 miles away from Ocean City. When I tried to arrange an appointment at that dealership I was told that since they were the only LR dealership in 450 miles that they were to busy to look at the problem in a timely fashion.

Because of the proximity of a LR dealership and time issues I topped off the expansion tank gave her a gallon of coolant with instructions to her and boyfriend, he is a mechanic, to check the coolant level in the expansion tank every 100 miles and she returned the car to the dealer in Jacksonville Florida. During the trip it was not necessary to add any coolant.

I thought that Land Rover was a quality company that stands behind their products, what an expensive mistake.

I hope to hear from more Freelander owners, misery likes company.
  • badroverbadrover Member Posts: 1
    Add my name to the growing list of Freelander owners that has had a Freelander SUV in the shop for on going cooling system problems, only to now have the engine go out at 56K miles.

Without any warning the engine lost power, and stopped dead going up a hill on West VA I-77S. I should add this location was 20 miles from any town having a tow service.

Now the fun starts trying to get to Mableton GA. to see our new grandchild.
    I asked that the car be towed to the Land Rover Shop in Dayton OH. Cost $420

Next we found a hotel and had a late dinner. Cost $130
    In the morning we found it would not be easy to rent a car for one-way out of state. We would need two rental cars, one to get us to a larger city and one to get us out of state. Cost $210.
    We made it to GA and have rented the third car. This is for a week allowing time to get back to Dayton. Cost $350.

The Land Rover shop tells me they have looked at my car and it needs a new engine. Cost $3,973.20 plus tax and that Land-Rover will pay $1,500 of the bill.

I will review my options but in the end it will cost me both time and money. The cooling problem should have been fixed the first time it was in the shop. Also I should not need to surf the net to find this is a problem that will take the engine's life at a early age.

I ask the shop what was found to be the cause of the problem and they told me that they do not get paid to check for cause. I then asked if the cooling problems could be the problem and was told no.

If anyone has any ideas other than what is listed on the board let me know.

This engine problem, just after warranty is out, is just one more reason not to own a Freelander.
    Goodness, i am so sorry to hear that. If you haven't already, please send me an email at landrover_lawsuit@hotmail.com Please note that the @ sign may be dropped if you copy and paste. I will send you all the lawyers information so that you can be formall added to the lawsuit. Thanks, Bridget
    It took me less than 10 minutes to file a complaint with the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration and it didn't cost a dime. If enough of us complain to the NHTSA, they'll launch an investigation. That's the only way I know of to get these engines recalled. Here's the site where you can file your complaint: http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/.
  • 73tr673tr6 Member Posts: 2
    Hello fellow Freelander owners.
    I have a 2003 that is my wife’s car which has 17k miles. She is a stay at home mom, hence the low mileage. I have two months left on my warranty.
    Today I dropped it off at LR because the rear passenger side window motor went bad, the right side was replaced 8 months ago.
    Although I have not had any engine or drive train problems, I did have to replace the front brakes at 15k miles which I thought was unusual.
    So when I’m sitting with the service writer, he warns me that I should get rid of this vehicle as soon as I can. He goes on to mention all the horror stories about this vehicle that I’ve read here. So when I got home I googled “Freelander problems” and found this site.
    The car is paid off and I was actually thinking about keeping it for a while as my wife’s previous car (Mazda MX-3) we had for 10 years and sold it with 30k miles because we had a kid on the way and needed something like an SUV. We never had a single issue with that car. But now am reconsidering.
    Can someone please advise at what mileage is the earliest that these engine troubles start to come on?
    Thanks.
    73tr6
    Miami FL
    73tr6,
    I'm not sure what the earliest mileage point is but I can tell you that we had our first troubles with overheating at about 20k. At that time, the LR service center in IL did not mention needing to replace the engine. We had trouble thereafter with the transmission (they replaced it) and with goofy things like the rear hatch latch. We also have had brake work done about every 10k - 15k miles. I chalked that up to pulling a motorcycle trailer between IL and FL a few times but now I think it's just because LRs are made with poor quality parts.
    The LR service guy told you to unload the car?!! Wow - there's an endorsement. You shouldn't need to hear that advice twice. Unload it fast before it becomes difficult to sell. Sooner or later the LR name is going to lose its luster over these poor quality vehicles and the failure of the corporation to respond effectively.
  • british_roverbritish_rover Member Posts: 8,502
    The soonest I have seen an engine failure in the Freelander is around 30,000 miles.

If you are going to keep it get an extended warranty you have up to one month or 1,000 miles before the factory warranty expires. If you want to dump it do it now and take it to carmax. They seem to be completely clueless to how troublesome Freelanders are as they keep buying them up left and right.
  • 73tr673tr6 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the advice, the service writer also suggested taking it to CarMax. As soon as I pick it up I'm having it detailed and taking it to Carmax.
    By the way, he also was trying to get me into a new LR2 lease, but no more LR for me.
    Thanks again.
    Art
  • msouthwmsouthw Member Posts: 14
    Hello,

I just wanted to encourage you with making a decision with your Freelander. I have a 2002 and the first problem I had was with BOTH rear window motors failing. Then the sunroof. THEN THE ENGINE! Extend your warranty NOW if you are going to keep it. Otherwise, I recommend getting rid of it quickly.

Best Wishes,

Melissa
    As we all know the media is the best way to get Land Rover's attention. I don't know about anyone else but waiting years for a lawsuit, isn't going to help me now! I have started sending emails to every newspaper and news show, i.e. Dateline. I think we should be taking all the chances we can to get our stories out there. I still agree that the lawsiut should go forth, but I also believe if we get to the media things will go much quicker. Please get the word out, write letters and emails to every newspaper and news show. Eventually we will get attention...
    Hi Kim, yes, the undertaking of the lawsuit is a long nightmare, but it also makes our claims legitimate, especially when we have a lawfirm conducting extensive research that is consistent with all of our problems. I have been emailing every news (paper, online, and television) source available for about a year now, with no resonse. I have been encouraging everyone, since the beginning to use any connections that they have in order to get this on the news. I have connections myself, but they are sports related, but still I've tried to use them. I have contacted the consumer reporters in 10-20 major metro areas, along with ABC World News, Dateline, just to name a few.....but, If everyone does do their part, it may work. This lawsuit will hopefully not only help us, but potentially help future victims. Thanks for writing.
    My email is landrover_lawsuit@hotmail.com in case you want to join or speak off forum. Thanks, Bridget
  • cgibson2004cgibson2004 Member Posts: 1
    Oh my as I hold my head reading all your writings.. my overheating problem of my 2003 Land Rover Freelander started at around 55-58,000 miles. My local dealer has no history of me reporting a problem with the coolant.. however I had just had my car in for repair of the ignition switch and then these coolant problems happen.. I wrote a letter to headquarters in N.J. and copied my dealer. No response from N.J. and local dealer didn't do anything. Since then periodical problems of having to add coolant.. and just today it was in the shop and they tell me that I need a new engine.. some $7000.00. Who today has an extra $7000.00 to put into a car that has 77,000 miles on it.. or 3,000 miles for that matter. My husband are setting up a meeting with the dealership owner for next week and are making a request of buy the car back from us and take it off our hands.. Not sure what will happen.. of course they can replace the engine and then resell the darn car and do what ever they want with it. I find their practices very unprofessional and completely unfair. They were aware of these problems with the engine gaskets even as the cars sat on the lot ready to be sold. And when you take your car in for repair and these problems come up they act as if they had never seen these problems before. They need to wake up.. and come clean with all that purchased their faulty engine product and do the right thing.. enough of us owners will ruin their reputation.. we have to stick together and go forward.. this is completely un-just! I can be reached at dilgy1266@aol.com.. Wish me luck with my proposal this coming week with the owner of my local dealership! Take this car off my hands.. and pay me to keep my mouth shut is my plan. Thanks.. Colleen
    File your complaint with the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. If you want, e-mail me and I'll give you my story and the contacts I made - mojowarren@optonline.com. Can't do that in this forum.
    I just had my 2002 engine replaced under a deal negotiated with Land Rover corporate. Guess what - the NEW ENGINE IS LEAKING OIL LIKE SIEVE!!! It's back in the shop. This is a recurring nightmare.
  • nevzternevzter Member Posts: 1
    Please add me to the list. Leaked coolant and overheated now have engine problems.