Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Land Rover Freelander

Comments

• mtngalmtngal Member Posts: 1,911
    The article was very interesting. It sounds like it isn't heavy - just awkward. That wouldn't stop me from getting it, but the article makes a number of other points that need considering. Since I'm still something like 6 months out from buying anything, I think I might reconsider all of this.
  • sophie5125sophie5125 Member Posts: 13
    And so did I. This was in northern Italy and it was a Td4. I rented the FL and drove from the mountains in the north, down to Tuscany and then over to the Adriatic coast back up to Venice and then Milan. There were 3 adults on this trip and we were very comfortable and had plenty of luggage space. LOVED IT!!!!!!! The model I rented had very nice wood trim and seemed so much more luxurious than the HSE I test drove here. Also, the TD4 got nearly 50 MPG as opposed to the 18 MPG the V-6 gets. This has been my first choice vehicle and only wish that the TD4 was being sold here. With all the hoop-la about gas guzzeling SUV's and gasoline prices on the rise, now would be a great time for Land Rover to save the planet!!! (I would buy the TD4 in a New York minute.
  • gazelle2gazelle2 Member Posts: 38
    I may need therapy for even thinking about this, but I was contemplating trading our 99 A6 quattro wagon and getting the freelander se3. The Audi's been fine, but it may be more car than my wife and I need, and while the Audi only has 60k, I did get seduced by the idea of the removable top, the still reasonable cargo space, and the quite nice ride of the Land Rover. Mid life silliness. Who knows? Anyway, the reliability data seems scary, but I hear some comments that suggest that it has improved considerably over the past year, and that the weak AC issue is no more. Personally, I found the V6 fine for my acceleration needs and the car went like a dream on a pot-filled dirt road outside town. The interior leaves a lot to be desired when compared with the A6, but then that's not why one would buy the se3 anyway. Any owners out there who have put enough miles on a 2002 Freelander to get a sense of quality updates?
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Check out the Freelander video linked at the left (Helpful Links).

Steve, Host
  • phocuschadphocuschad Member Posts: 2
    I don't understand why Edmunds continously says how overly expensive this vehicle is. I don't think it's 27,000 price tag is high at all considering it is almost a convertable, and it has such a great ride on and off the road. I plan on getting one of this in october, probably when the 2004s are coming out. I just wish there were more color options for the SE3
  • rkoeslerrkoesler Member Posts: 62
    I went off-road with the local LR Club this past weekend. There were a number of RR, Disco I's, Defenders, my DII, and a FL. All vehicles except the FL were modified in some fashion. Of course, we all laughed at the FL knowing just how cruel the trails were. Well, we all watched in utter amazement as the FL went everywhere we did, except for one rutty area where even the rest of us got stuck, and high centered. This is truly an amazing vehicle !!
  • csebasticsebasti Member Posts: 8
    A year after purchasing the Freelander, I thought it might be useful to post a short review. First, the FL is running well and there are no rattles that many suv's (and cars) seem to get after a run or two over difficult terrain. However, reliability is an issue. The FL has been in the shop four times...1) power windows stopped functioning after 1500 miles; 2) A/C failed and blew hot air ~3000 miles; 3) lower cooling hose leaking coolant ~5000 miles; and 4) FL not able to move in reverse...dealer replaced entire transmission ~10k miles.

Bottom line, if you don't mind a bit of unreliability to suit your needs for "prestige" and an otherwise fun drive, I wouldn't completely dismiss the FL...I recommend doing what I did...lease it for as long as the warranty lasts...with problems like this, I wouldn't want to get stuck owning one of these things...resale values could be low after a couple of years.
  • joey2brixjoey2brix Member Posts: 463
    So, if these were out of warranty repairs, you'd be stuck with $10K of repair bills. It just adds to the legend of British cars: junk. I find it funny that people spend the money that they do on Rovers. I guess these cars were designed to be leased for 3 years then junked. You may say that it's just problems with that first year model but the FL has been out on the world market for over 3 years already. Now you know why BMW dumped them.
  • tincup47tincup47 Member Posts: 1,508
    There were issues with early NAS Freelanders having the wrong amp fuse installed for the power windows, I would be surprised if csebasti's problem wasn't that issue. There was a TIB to address this issue. It was a nickel and dime repair. The transmission is actually sourced from Japan from a company called JATCO, it is not an english part. If I recall Honda had some major issues with early Odyssey transmissions, requiring replacements of the transmissions. The A/C compressor is also a Japanese sourced part from Sanden or Nippon-Denso. The hose is another inexpensive issue. So the major $ repairs are failures of Japanese components, not English ones. Freelander has actually been on the market in Europe since 1987 so it is a six year old design, but over 75% of the parts on the US version were new to the vehicle in 2001, including the transmission and A/C unit.
  • div2div2 Member Posts: 2,580
    That post was more for the benefit of people visiting this board trying to learn facts about the vehicle.
  • caneaucaneau Member Posts: 14
    If anyone is familiar with my posts, one of my first and most important question with evaluating a car is why should I spend $25k or however much the car costs on the car. Is it its power, luxury, utility, etc? So here's my shot at the Freelander...
    Why on earth should I spend $30k on a 2 door, 2.5 liter British attempt at an independent suspension, unibody SUV? (Before you start crying that the SE3 costs only $27k, consider that you have to pump premium fuel, deal with the initial rush of snobs who want the latest cute SUV, and few if any incentives such as financing and cash back that you get with every American car manufacturer right now). What could I have for $30k, a down payment on a house, a year of my college tuition, or how about this, nicely equipped a Jeep Wranger Rubicon and have enough money for a killer stereo, a CB radio with enough power to warrant investigation by the FCC, a winch, and a WAAS enabled navigation system so I can always get back to my campsite in time to roast some marsh mellows.
    Did I mention that a Rubicon is better in almost every criteria SUV's are defined by? Just look at the specs. Power - Wranger. Off-road capability - hands down Wrangler. Practicality/cargo space - Wrangler. Heritage - still Jeep (Land Rover is Ford and was BMW before that). Seems like it's Jeep hand down. Oh wait, I almost forgot, snob appeal - Land Rover. The only reason someone would want to buy this car is to say to their friends at the cocktail party "I drive a Land Rover." Not to say LR isn't capable of making a great car - the Defender 90, Series II, and Disco are proof - this is just not one of them.
    I have an idea, I'm going to take my Leatherman tool, peel off the Land Rover oval off the front of the car, and put a nice, blue Ford oval. In the process, I will be dropping the price tag by $5000 and placing the car against the cars it should be competing against - 2 door, cute-utes priced at around $20k. As it stands, for $30,000, there are many more bigger, better, more powerful, more practical, and more capable SUV's out there, each one of them giving reason not to buy this car.
    Did you have a question or are you just trolling?

Seems like the logical comparison for the Freelander is the Liberty anyway. link

Steve, Host
  • 2001frisco2001frisco Member Posts: 4
    um......you do realize that the Freelander was designed and sold to the public before BMW or Ford took over the company. If you have ever driven the streets and back roads in the UK then you will realize why the Freelander was and is so popular in Europe. And while you have your nifty Leatherman out why don't you peel off your little jeep logo to see the wonderful Chyrsler logo underneath. I don't own a Freelander, and actually am not looking at one, but I wanted to congratulate you on one of the most stupid posts ever.
  • gazelle2gazelle2 Member Posts: 38
    I looked at the se3 again this weekend, and am still finding some reasons for being attracted to this perhaps overpriced Land Rover---enough space to seat adults in the rear, enough space to go to recycling or load a bike, the fun of having a pseudo-convertible. Not sure about the latest reliability status, though I find that the newer ones are perceived as having better quality control, better AC, fewer electrical quirks. I thought I heard though that there would be some refinements on the next model year---removing cup holders from the dash top, adding grab handles, updated ergonomics? Is that true or was I misinformed? Does anyone know how user friendly the soft top is--can it be taken up or down in a few minutes, as that thunderhead looms ever so closer?
  • freelanderakfreelanderak Member Posts: 5
    All:

Have had my FL since last August. Now that it is nearly threw an Alaska winter, thought I would post some thoughts.

First - This is a highly capable vehicle. My previous vehicle was a Jeep Grand Cherokee V8, and I can say without reservation that, when it counts, the FL takes the cake. The main reason seems to be the traction control. My Jeep had Selec-Trac, which cannot send power left/right between wheels. Once got stuck on a dirt road 15 miles outside of Talkeetna, and the two left side wheels just spun in the muck. No such problems with the FL. It has handled ice, snow, mud, rain, and hell of all kinds without any problem. Bravo!

Second, a lot of people on this board grouse about price. Yes, the HSE is expensive. But my S (with special financing offer) costs significantly LESS than a comparably equipped CRV or RAV4.

Reliability has been a minor issue. The thermostat had to be replaced - wouldn't warm up at highway speeds below ten degrees. Occasionally at colder temperatures, the Hill Descent warning light will come on. Turning the vehicle off then on has fixed the problem. Note that these repairs are relatively minor compared to the problems I had with my Jeep. Time will tell how reliable the car really is.

The engine is "reasonably" peppy. Certainly one area where the V8 was much better, but not an "apples to apples" comparison. The sport mode does well, but the gears seem to be spaced too far apart in the regular mode. Gas mileage, mostly in town, has been 16-18 mpg.

Finally, the one thing that really sold me on this vehicle was how solid it felt. Compared to the Jeep, CRV and RAV4, the FL feels like it was machined from a solid block of steel.

Would I recommend it? As long as reliability doesn't become any more of an issue, I certainly would.
    Yeah, but you guys didn't have a winter up there this year. At least not yet, lol. What did they rename the dog race - the Idita-detour?

Thanks for the report!

Steve, Host
  • phocuschadphocuschad Member Posts: 2
    Actually according to the owners guide, 87 octane fuel will do just fine with a freelander. The initial rush of snobs purchasing the freelander SE3 isn't true either, in fact they have had one at my dealership since it came out, and no one has purchased it. Seems the SE3 doesn't appeal to the richy people who normally go into a landrover dealership. And Landrover currently has a deal for the SE3 for 2.9%APR financing for 60 months. So that discounts all your arguments against the SE3.

Now if I may... I wouldn't like to say: Boooo-Ya
  • bcb1bcb1 Member Posts: 149
    I have a 2000 Yukon 2WD that will be paid off in the next year or so, and I'm thinking of buying a 2nd SUV.

The used Range Rovers from the mid 90s and Discovery II's from the late 90s are really reasonably priced - anywhere from $8K for a used Disco II with some miles to $20K for a used 96 Range Rover. That seems very cheap compared to their original sticker prices! Should that raise red flags?

I guess what I'm asking is: How do you guys feel about the Freelander? Is it trouble-free? In a year or so, what will the resale value be? Mid teens? My initial thought is to buy a bigger Disco II or Range Rover - but if the Freelander is more trouble-free, that might be the way to go.....
  • pjreporterpjreporter Member Posts: 32
    I'm a reporter for a major business daily and I write a tiny weekly auto feature about different cars on today's market. I try to highlight the new enhancements to each car I write about and then get some driver's opinions of how they see the car and whether it fits into their lifestyle. I also try to find out from them their experiences with the car. If any freelander drivers are on this board would like to participate, I'd greatly appreciate hearing from you. You must be willing to answer 5 short questions as well as have your name and job title listed in the paper. Please email me at LANETEF@YAHOO.COM and provide a daytime phone number where I can reach you.
  • emme79emme79 Member Posts: 1
    Just to let everyone know the SE3 is now available for 60 mos. at 0%. It sure makes it a whole lot more appealing though I think I would want it paid off before the warranty runs out in 4 yrs due to the reliability issues.
  • jblaze13jblaze13 Member Posts: 152
    Any Specifics out there on the 2004 changes. When will the new model year begin? Any one purchase on A plan. What was the price?
  • spookypuffspookypuff Member Posts: 10
    This seems to be a pretty dead msg board..much like my car...but FYI for anyone.
    I have a 2002 SE Freelander, fully loaded. I am getting rid of it. I have had more problems with it both in maint & service. Here are some things I have learned from LR:
    1. If you buy the FL, you will be considered 2nd class by LR b/c you did not buy the RR or Disco.
    2. If you move or have to use another dealership you WILL NOT get a loaner.
    3. The A/C is poor & does not cool interior well, don't buy this car if you live in a desert climate!
    4. Check your A/C coolan res., it may be cracked.
    5. Brake lights are poorly designed
    6. Ever 15-20k you will need entirely new front brakes (pads & rotors.. cost $500 - using HDC will make the service on this even sooner)
    7. The drivers seat will squeak, the sunroof shade will rattle & the passenger door will rattle if you have the upgraded HK sound system.
    8. Service bays are not open on the weekends
    9. Radiator not well protected, small road hazard can damage it. New radiator cost: $800-$1000

It's a shame. I loved this car & had loved Land Rover. Now I can't get rid of the thing fast enough & will never own another LR again.
    If you bought this car & love it.. good for you & I hope you keep loving it & don't have the problems I encountered. If you haven't bought it yet & are thinking about it.. well... I'd keep thinking.
  • jeffkieljeffkiel Member Posts: 48
    I just purchased a factory demo and wanted to see if you could check to make sure there were no issues? Last 8 of the VIN are 3A242739.

Thanks a bunch!
    There is no history of any issues with this vehicle.
    Great, thanks a ton, Tincup! BTW, I am a former Liberty owner (yes, sounds like an AA meeting) and agree that the FL is TONS more refined!
  • KicKMan1KicKMan1 Member Posts: 45
    Recently purchased an '02 FL S. It was a loaner at Land Rover Marin in San Rafael, CA. Excellent condition. Bought it for $17,999 and popped for a leather upgrade and full length roof rack.

The rig drives rather well for a SUV of any type. Power is, well, adequate, but not unexpected.

Anyone out there performed or know of any successful engine mods for horsepower/torque increase?

Thanks much.
  • walterchanwalterchan Member Posts: 61
    Let me clear up some things here regarding to British cars' reliability. Some people think that British cars are the worst European vehicles. Guess what, even though British cars are known for poor reliabilty, according to J.D. Powers survey, French cars (Peugeot and Renault) are the worst European cars of all in terms for reliability. Well at least some Land Rover drivers should be grateful to see that they are not driving the worst European vehicle.

Walter Chan
  • sclui56sclui56 Member Posts: 5
    I have had these 2 warning lights coming on frequently, and they tend to reset after ignition has been cycled. This has been happening on my '02 FL S since 5k. Dealer has tried numerous times and the lastest visit was 2 weeks ago. Now it started 2 days ago the 2 warning lights simply stay on constantly. My local dealer can only accept the vehicle on 9/11, so what do I do in the meantime?

BTW, this is to be sold, I just want to make it look decent.
  • sclui56sclui56 Member Posts: 5
    The problem was caused by a faulty brake switch (seems like it's on national backorder). In any case, it's fixed for now & I'm disposing the vehicle.
  • skier24060skier24060 Member Posts: 1
    I have an 03 Freelander S. So far it runs like a clock (knock on wood) 3800 miles. Very solid feel. Drives unbelievably.
    Here's what I've done so far....
    1) Factory stereo is terrible, but the speakers are good. Replace the head and you'll wake up the speakers.
    2) Do your own maintenance if you can. They want $100 for an oil change. Do it yourself. Very easy.

My only compaint is the parts and service dept. I put a tow kit on mine and I called about 5 dealers for a quote on the parts and ended up with 5 different quotes (diff between high and low $100). Sounds ridiculous to me. I put it on myself with the electronics and once again saved $$$. Very easy. OK, I would avoid the dealer at all costs!

Towed 1500-2000 lbs about 700 miles Very smooth ride. In summary, great truck, although I have found parts/service to be quite questionable.
  • normbxnormbx Member Posts: 4
    I have an opportunity to get a 2002 frreelander SE with 10K miles for 20K$.
    We test drove one and my wife is convinced, and I was pretty happy with it.
    I realize that YMMV is always applicable, but given the price, which I think is great, am I nuts thinking this is a fine vehicle for the money? This one will come with maintainance includeed, ,so that means free oil changes every year....
    Only problem is... it is white. I can live with white, but I wish it was an uglier color.
    That sounds like a pretty good deal to me. I purchased my 2003 SE with 7k on it for $24K, sans mainainence (make sure it is the maintainence, not just oil changes...maintainence is ~$250 a shot, oil is much less). You will love the truck, that is for sure.
    What is different between Maintainance and just oil changes? I talked to the sales guy and he said "maintainance" I will give him a call and find out what that really means. He did say it included Tranny oil changes and such, so it seemed like it was the whole shee-bang.
    Oil changes are ~$100 at the dealer, maintainence is done at 3K (~$150 locally), 12, and every 12K after that. The maintainence is $250-$350 depending on which one.
  • KicKMan1KicKMan1 Member Posts: 45
    I have an opportunity to get a 2002 frreelander SE with 10K miles for 20K$.

Not a bad deal. I bought my '02 S for $18k (but also upgraded to aftermarket leather which was better than factory). I could have spent $500 less and bought a '02 Ford Escape but I needed a real off-roader. $20k is a good deal for a SE. Could even get a better deal if they have the '04s on the lot.
    Well,
    I was all set to buy this white 2002 Freebie, but after test driving it, there were a few things I didn't like about it. They sound trivial but first off the entire dash was black. So in the summer it is going to be very hot, second, the seats were a solid tan leather that just looked, well, old. That plus the white...So we told them forget it.
    Well, I get a call back the next day, and well, to make a long story short, I am getting a Silver 2003 FL SE with 7k miles on it for 22k. Beatiful light grey and charcoal interior.

I can't believe what a great deal I am getting, end of the quarter must be driving them. The blue book on this is 27K!

I am giving it to my wife for her birthday. I brought it home and put balloons on it with a big banner...she was thrilled.

It has these really cool looking rubber mats throughout, anyone know where good aftermarket parts are for these things? Preferably an online dealer?
  • retlefretlef Member Posts: 17
    I have a 02 Freelander SE. It has spent many, many days in the shop since I purchased it. There is an intermittent electrical problem that basically turns every failure light on the dashboard on. This has occurred multiple times when driving the vehicle. On several instances when this catastrophic failure occurs the transmission will somehow mysteriously shift from a high gear to a low gear will at freeway speed(very scary). To make a very long story short there are no error codes stored on the internal computer so the dealer cannot even trouble shoot the problem. The dealer has taken the vehicle and road tested it but cannot replicate the problem. I CAN’T REPLICATE IT-IT JUST HAPPENS.. I think the dealer is trying their best to resolve the problem but they cannot replace anything on the car unless they can replicate the problem. As of about 3 weeks ago the transmission has began to shift really hard from gear to gear. Another dealer visit!!! There is something horribly wrong with my car. As I type the vehicle again is in the shop, I had to resort to caring a digital camera in the car so that I could photograph and record the problems as they occurred. I have in turn given the dealer moving video images of the problem in addition to still shots to prove that the car has significant issues. After several trips to the dealer with proof they have decided to replace the transmission and a control module. The transmission has 23k freeway miles and it has failed! I recommend people contact the http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/ as I have and file a complaint you can also call 1-888-DASH-2-DOT (1-888-327-4236) to file a complaint.
  • hatefreelanderhatefreelander Member Posts: 1
    We own a 2002 Land Rover Freelander. Along with several other minor problems, we have encountered a transmission/electrical problem that the dealer has not been able to fix. All of our dashboard warning lights will turn on and our vehicle becomes stuck in 4th gear. This has occurred in the dealer's possession. They were unable to decipher the codes. The first time the problem occurred, the dealership replaced the PCU module, which took over two weeks to repair. On the way home from the dealership. it occurred again. They have had the vehicle for the past 26 days trying to replace the transmission. My wife and I tried to trade it in at the dealership and they offered us only 14,000 to trade in for a Discovery. We called Corporate for a buy back assist and they refused. They said they would extend our warranty, but they won't give us this offer in writing and they are saying we have to contact the dealership and work it out at that level. The dealership says this is a Corporate issue. My wife and I are preparing to bring a lawyer into this matter and we were wondering if anyone else has had any luck with a buy back assist.
    Just got mine out of the shop today with a New Transmission and Transmission Control Module. In addition, the back seat middle seat belt failed(it had never been used) the dealer had to completely replace the belt. While the dealer was working on the transmission they informed me that my front brake pads needed to be replaced--the car only has 23k on it. I am fearful that the car will continue to have problems. My camera will continue to be at my side to document any and all problems. The dealer I'm working with has bent over backwards to help me get the car fixed. If anyone wants to include me in some sort of group discussion with Landrover, please feel free to email me at retlef@yahoo.com.
    I posted a few msgs ago about all my troubles with my Hippo. There have been more sice then!
    LR is buying back mine for what I paid, no $ lost. (After all the problems I have had & the way my dealer has treated me, I did not want another LR). I am taking my $ and buying reliable! (Lexus or Acura!)
    My advice would be to write them a clear & concise letter of what the problem is & the resoloution & get the BBB involved. I was set for arbitration but have now come to an agreement. Or, simply file as a lemon under your state's lemon law. LR will most likely settle before it has to go to court.
    Please feel free to email me if you would like to see a copy of what I wrote to them. Good luck.
  • bigshotlabigshotla Member Posts: 29
    Hi - I'm in the Los Angeles area, and it's now time to get the brakes done. Very expensive. Does anyone have any suggestions on mechanics OTHER than the dealer?

For what's it's worth, we seem to be having the minor version of the warning lights problem. They flick on and off radomly. Sometimes its the HDC light, sometimes seatbelt, sometimes brake. We mainly ignore it.
    I've posted several times and once again(8th) time my Freelander is in the shop for the HDC error light issue. Spookypff please send me your letter I can be reached at retlef@yahoo.com.
  • kbowenkbowen Member Posts: 58
    I posted a similar message on the Discovery site. My son owns a 2002 Freelander with 16K miles. While his wife was driving it, it began to make a roaring metallic noise. The dealership told her that the front brake pads were so badly worn that they had "ate" into the rotors and have to be replaced at a cost of $600 plus. She is adamant that the pads never made any type of squeaking noise to indicate they were low. The only prior problem was that the brake warning light kept coming on, but the dealership could not find a problem. They never told her when it was in the shop beforehand that the pads were low. And 16K seems awfully low mileage for total brake pad/rotor failure. I have a 2001 DII with 37K and the pads are only about 1/2 down. I read that there are problems with some Land Rover rotors that are being fixed under warranty. Does anyone have any info or suggestions?
    retlef: I will email you the file on Friday, I have to get it off my home computer & I am on business right now. Make sure you have everything documented & copies of all your sevice records. Also, look at what the lemon law requirement is for your state. Some states require you to file with BBB Autoline before bringing a Lemon Law suit, some don't. You have more leverage if you can file all 3 at once!

bigshotla: If you live in Orange County I might have a good place.PuuuuurfectAuto in HB (stupid name, but they are good). However, every place I went wanted the same or MORE than the dealer wanted to do the brakes. There aren't any aftermarket pads for the FL yet. And you will probably need new rotors, LR uses the crappy throw-away rotors that can't be shaved/turned. I had to do my brakes at only 20k. $575 was the deaer cost, & I got Puurfect auto to match that. DON'T IGNORE YOUR WARNING LIGHTS! At least get it into the dealer and document it (my personal advice and experience).

kbowen: Some Fl pads are defective - too big of metal in the pads. They eat into the rotors. LR will not do anything about this. You can argue till you are blue in the face. I had 1 dealer admit to the problem, but LRNA will not recognize it, no matter what I did I couldn't get it covered. Putting new brakes on the FL every 15-20k is considered "normal wear and tear." I filed a complaint with NHTSA over it. I still had to pay to get new brakes. Mine gave no prior warning either. Good luck!
    I too had to replace the front disk brakes at 23k with no warning other than the dealer telling me the pads needed replacement.. I found some after market pads which I ordered from
    http://www.dap-inc.com. The pads are made from Kevlar and are called Kevlar EBC's and apparently last longer than the OEM PADS. I did the brake job myself and noticed the rotors were also bad. I brought this up with Landrover and they could care less. I also recommend looking at this site http://www.formatc.org/freelander/brakes for information on how to change your own pads(it was pretty easy).
    Take those lights seriously!!! Those lights have led to a new transmission, control module, entire shifting assembly and a wiring harness in my 02 SE with only 23K freeway miles on it.
  • bigshotlabigshotla Member Posts: 29
    Thank you for the concern, at first we did take it into the dealer for every flicker, but it got stupid. Every time was just some minor electrical thing, and half the time they'd just shrug. (Oh, if we could only charge for our time spent....). Case in point is that the car is fine, except for needing the brakes fixed.

I'm not sure I've got the ability to change my own pads!! And, if we're under a lease, can I actually use those kevlar pads? Thank you so much for the advice. My husband found Land Rover mechanics that will do the brakes for under $500 - I'll post which one we use after we check it out.

Thanks!
  • txrx71txrx71 Member Posts: 6
    who makes the engine in this vehicle? is it just a dressed up ford? i know the twin is a ford escape....but how much of the content in the land rover is actual british content and how much is detroit?