Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• myflodysseymyflodyssey Member Posts: 3
    Hi,

I am going to purchase either an Odyssey or a Pilot in Florida. Does anyone know for sure what the holdback is for either model? Ive herd 2% and 3%. Has anyone had any luck buying at invoice less incentives less all of the holdback?
  • cccompsoncccompson Member Posts: 2,382
    Holdback is officially 2% but effectively 3. You might want to be concerned about what doc fee you'll pay because they're sky high all over the Sunshine State, ranging from about $400 to $700.
  • renmtpdbrenmtpdb Member Posts: 2
    On July 7th. I took delivery of a 2008 EX-L RES. I negotiated the price over the net before entering the dealership. I'm pretty happy with the deal. The price below was obtained from Brilliance Honda in Crystal Lake, IL.

$33,810 MSRP
    $635 Destination
    $184 Mud flaps
    $129 Wheel locks
    $34,758 Total
    $28,432 Net
    In addition there was a $150 documentation fee and $105 title and registration fee. Tax was an additional $1,919. I took advantage of the 2.9% financing for 60 months.

The deal almost went south after they appraised by trade-in. I was trading a 2000 Odyssey with 140K miles. The vehicle was in fair condition. They low balled me at $2,000. We settled at $3,500.
  • blipp39211blipp39211 Member Posts: 13
    blipp39211@email.com
  • odyfamodyfam Member Posts: 2
    I just bought a 2008 EX-L RES/NAV (northern california) on the following lease :-

Price agreed was : $30124
    Acquisition fee : $595
    Gross cap cost : $30719

This generated a 36 months lease at $412.42 a month (includes tax) ; with zero deposit down; residual value is 20044; 12000 miles a year

Amount paid at lease signing : $682 which was 1 advance payment of 412.42
    + 270 (registration + doc prep fee)

How did I do?

Thanks
  • danmohiuddindanmohiuddin Member Posts: 9
    Hi Fellow Honda Odyssey Shoppers:

I am ready to start making some offers for a 2008 EX-L, dark cherry on beige leather. We are going to be taking advantage of the $1500 cash back & special finance rates. Since I plan to do all "negotiating" online via a Request for Quote, I understand the breakdown as this...$29,836 is dealer cost for the EX-L, when you subtract the $1500 for the promotion, it is $28,336. Since I would like to get a better deal than just this, I would like to eat away at some of their holdback money as well. I understand that holdback is 2% of base MSRP...does that mean the MSRP on an LX trim model? I am a little confused...bottom line...it looks like I have around $500 bucks of holdback money that we are talking about...

1. Has anybody had any luck with any dealers in the greater Chicago Land area? If so, what dealers?

2. What should my target price be at? Obviously I would like it to be as low as possible, but what is realistic? I know that Honda Odysseys are sitting on some of these lots and not moving...this is good for me.

Any suggestions, ideas, comments, please respond. I am getting ready to make the buy within a few days.

Dan
  • hdaexlhdaexl Member Posts: 4
    not sure where in NJ you are, but did you try getting a quote from DCH @ Oldbridge and honda dealer @ Bridgewater? I find these two to be the most competitive.
  • mangoe76mangoe76 Member Posts: 2
    Right now, I have a dealer who yesterday gave me a quote of $31,585 from atlantic city. I am not sure if I can do better than that. Any thoughts?
  • hoopsluverhoopsluver Member Posts: 17
    Dan,
    The GB fans ---calling back ---please check out -Rock County Honda-Janesville,Wi
    a matter of miles north of the WI / ILL boarder --- check out the web site -

2008 Ody EX-L

27,337 - Internet Price With Destination Fees Included
    DOES NOT include Tax/Title/License
    Dealership --DOESN'T Charge Document Fees :-)

ZIPPPPP ~~there goes another grand .... (??)

Anybody finding a great deal on the EX-L -NAV-RES /dealership and prices would be great ~~!!! Still searching in WI.
  • skeptic5skeptic5 Member Posts: 12
    I do not understand how a 2008 with only 8 miels is considerd a used car? All the new cars on the lot have similar mileage, don't they?
  • bagrol1bagrol1 Member Posts: 8
    Just got it from O'Hare Honda:

EX-L: $25,799 + $150 doc fee + destination + TT&L

Not bad: about $3,200 below invoice.
  • benfbenf Member Posts: 36
    Did you get the Honda special financing at that price or was it a cash only price? Thanks.
    I did not ask the question about special financing thus I presume it's cash. Just got another quote even lower:

EX-L: $25,627 + $150 doc proc + Dest + TT&L
  • sesarjsesarj Member Posts: 34
    Just received a quote for a Touring $33,311 + TTL.
  • gbaskargbaskar Member Posts: 11
    Includes special financing. Does it sounds good?
  • mkielmmkielm Member Posts: 38
    Dear Reeves (& anyone else in Richmond market):

Was $26,991 before TTT & Dealer fee? Also, did West Broad Honda come down from their initial offer (or was that it)? The dealer incentives look like they have changed a bit (2500 w/o low interest loan or 1500 with dealer financing at low rates). Did they talk holdback with you?

Has anyone else had recent experience in Richmond market (or DC market as am willing to travel up to a couple hours for purchase)

Thanks to all - great site!
  • renmtpdbrenmtpdb Member Posts: 2
    danmohiuddin
    In the Chicago area try Valley Honda in Aurora and Brilliance in Crystal Lake. Brilliance quote the following via the net.
    EX-L list of $32,880, net $26,986
    EX-L-Res list of $34,480, net $28,431.
    Both prices included destination charges. TTL and documentaion are additional.

Good Luck
    We just now purchased EX-L RES/NAVI Slate Green with Olive interior.
    Here are the price break up. THANKS FOR ALL THE INFO IN THIS SITE.

$29,584.00 - Sale Price
    +$1,922.96 - MN Tax
    +$491.00 - Plates
    +$86.25 - Title & Doc

=$32,084.21 - Out the Door
    Extras $277 for Splash Guard and Moonroof Visor installed.
    Total OTD is $32,361. We got 0.9 APR for 36 months.

No pressure no games in Brookdale Honda in twin cities.
    Only down side is, I tried for trade-in and it was turned down. They offered $500 for my 1998 Dodge Caravan LE with 80000 miles on it. The vehicle condition is good but has hail damage on the body. So no trade in.
    We truly enjoyed our purchase experience. These people are real GEM in the industry. I will definitely recommend this place for anyone who is in the market for honda vehicle.

Thanks for Donkey Punch Method. Requested quotes from 15 dealers around twin cities and Brookdale honda quoted $416 less than other lowest quotes. If any one interested in sales person name please let me know.
  • hoopsluverhoopsluver Member Posts: 17
    Whooa~~COOL ~ CONGRATULATIONS !!! :)
    Been looking for a reason to visit the Twin Cities ----this just may be it ~!!
    Sis boom bah ~~you got your Honda ~For a really great price ~!!
    RAh - rah -Rah !!!!
    Way to go ~~! :blush:
  • vinnynyvinnyny Member Posts: 764
    I bought my 07 Touring from West Broad in November. They were excellent. I got it for about $300 under invoice minus all incentives. They also gave me about $1k more than CARMAX offered for my trade.
  • myflodysseymyflodyssey Member Posts: 3
    Hi gbaskar,

Thanks for the clear details on the price you paid. It strikes me as a very agressive price. Given that you got the 0.9% financing, $29,600 appears to be about $1000 below invoice ($33,100) less incentives ($1500) less holdback (3%,$1000).

Did you deal with the internet consultant with the intitials BH?

Thanks.
    Yes. BH is very kind and easy going. I also realised that 3500 less than invoice is a good price to pass. But it is real.
  • demgoddydemgoddy Member Posts: 1
    WOW. That was true OTD? all taxes & everything? not a penny more? I am looking for the same one as you and would love to know if that is true OTD.

Thank you.
  • sanjaysdcasanjaysdca Member Posts: 269
    Can you share your dealer please.
    I am also thinking about new wheels in a month or so...Have not decided what?

Sanjay
  • belangeebelangee Member Posts: 1
    Howdy,
    Just got my new blue '08 EX-L w/DVD.

MSRP: 34,445. Net Price $28,295. OTD (TTL Inc.) 30,158.65. (PA tax is 6%)
    No trade in, Cash deal (No Honda Financing), delivery from Dealer stock.

Conicelli Honda, but I had three other PHL metro dealers within $100 of that Net Price. Once I got below $28.5K, I found that dealers didn't want to go lower without written quotes from another dealer, then they'd either match-- or beat by $100 or so.

I'd heard that dealer incentives were going to be static on the Ody's until Sept, so I might have saved a couple hundred by waiting until after the model year- but the vehicle I'm replacing started acting funny.

I did have a lower internet price quote from the folks down in Laurel, MD. (see other threads), but upon reading/listening to comments posted, decided not to risk them.

Was in and out of the dealer in 60 Min. 45 Minutes of that was a show and tell of the Ody's features. 15 minutes in "the back", went very smoothly. They mentioned the extended warranty, but didn't do the hard sell. Didn't push the dealer accessories. (Wheel locks were included, but a full tank of gas wasn't.)

Looking forward to driving it.

Best of luck shopping.
  • sesarjsesarj Member Posts: 34
    Honda of Hollywood
  • sanjaysdcasanjaysdca Member Posts: 269
    thanks
    sanjay
  • njvclnjvcl Member Posts: 1
    We're shopping for certified pre owned Odyssey (2005 or newer).
    Can anyone recommend any dealers they ahd good experience with?
    We are in Central NJ (Somerset, NJ).
    Thanks.
  • mkielmmkielm Member Posts: 38
    Can't help with NJ dealers, but would suggest pricing out a used Odyssey and then checking on the deals you can get for a new one. This market is topsy turvy. If you are dead set on used, still price out new and use that number as leverage on your used car dealer. I have quote on new '08 EX-L RES for less than used '07 EX-L and '08 EX-L (no DVD) at CARMAX. I got the name of Hendrick Honda outside DC from this forum and received very low offer in writing through their interent service - very easy.
    Good shopping!
  • trubentruben Member Posts: 1
    Looking to buy a EX-L in Orlando. Before I went on vacation, one of the dealers matched the (then) current prices posted on this board of $26.5 (plus all of their crap fees). Any experiences in Orlando out there? Otherwise, it seems the prices have fallen to $25.8 (right?). The value of the trade also, per Edmunds seems to have slipped about $500 in the past two weeks.

Let me know-
  • ffwuffwu Member Posts: 3
    I'm looking to purchase a 2008 Honda Odyssey EXL with Nav&DVD. Can the buyers in the Austin and Houston area share your purchasing experiences and prices?
  • bigdadi118bigdadi118 Member Posts: 1,207
    Just one of options --- You can get all the dealers' certified pre-own Odysseys from Honda.com
    Go there. On the top of page there's a pulldown menu. Choose Certified preown, enter your zip and max out from 25 to 250 miles radius. Enter model, enter from/to year
  • ilu333ilu333 Member Posts: 18
    Hi...

Has anyone purchase EXL w/nav+res recently? If so do can you please share the otd price? The lowest OTD quote I got was $33,300 but I was hoping to find one for $32K & under. Do you think it's possible? Thanks
  • rocky78rocky78 Member Posts: 2
    I am looking to get a great deal in Northern California on a 2008 EX-L w DVD. Has anyone purchased one from my area recently? If so can you let me in on the details. Pleeeese! Any help would be great!
  • satya589satya589 Member Posts: 6
    I am looking into a 2008 Honda Odyssey 2008 EXL .I dont need rear entertainment or navigation etc. I am looking for the best deals in Northwest(seattle ,portland ,spokane ,tacoma ). I am willing to drive to these places to get the best deal. If anyone made a recent purchase in these areas please help me.
    Whats the best deal with Honda finacing and what the best price I could get without
    honda financing+tax+doc+license.Please give me the dealer name and name of the sales agent u dealt with.Right now 27,449 is what I have without honda financing and 28,449 with honda financing.I need to add license,tax and doc fee to the above prices.Is this the best deal i could get right now?Can I do any better ? If so help me with few tips.
  • vrichvrich Member Posts: 10
    Not directly an ody post, but Niissan quests are selling for about 10K below msrp

http://www.glennnissan.com/nissan/share/specials.php

I love the ody, but at this price, I dont know--adds to the confusion..
  • dol007dol007 Member Posts: 21
    Just gave them a call and they are OOS on those. However, there's still one Quest left with DVD and other things for 30% brings it to about $19,600. The sales told me they will not have anymore of the $15,900 price but will have more vans that are $19,600 later this week. Just FYI what I found.
  • janebug712janebug712 Member Posts: 8
    That is because they have a huge markup on the nissan quest. Honda does not insult the buyer by creating that much of a markup. Anyway you look at it...you get what you pay for
  • vrichvrich Member Posts: 10
    Thanks for the info. NJ nissan dealers are also quoting 16-17k for a quest. The trick is they give out stock#. So the price is restricted for a few vehicles on the lot.

Anyway, the last week of the month is here, hoping that some Honda dealers drop the price a little bit ;)

I am STILL in the market for Ody EX-L.
  • markishmarkish Member Posts: 11
    Picked up 2008 EX-L RES at Hardin Honda (Anaheim, CA) on 7/21/08.

MSRP: $34,480 (includes destination fee)
    Cap Cost: $28,785 (includes acquistion/bank fee of $595)
    Residual: $18,627 (54%)
    Money Factor: 0.00163
    Term: 36 month / 12K miles
    Monthly payment: $360 + tax
    Drive-off: $697 (1st payment + lic + doc)

Received almost exact same price quote also from Honda World Downey (Downey, CA).

Free 1st oil change certificate included. Don't forgot to pick up thje two wireless headphones. My salesperson at Hardin forgot until I mentioned it.

Also, I received a quote for gross cap cost on the EX-L RES & NAV from Hardin:

MSRP: $36,445
    Cap Cost: $30,278 + $595 (acq. fee) = $30,873 (destination included) + tax

If you are paying cash to purchase, you can deduct $595 acquistion/bank fee from the gross cap cost.
  • rush1169rush1169 Member Posts: 15
    $29,900 + $199.50 doc fee (Oklahoma City)
  • fettfett Member Posts: 3
    I've been quoted 24,900 out the door by two DC area dealers. Includes taxes, destination, doc fees, everything. Sound good? (Wife doesn't want leather, DVD, etc.)
  • techtxtechtx Member Posts: 2
    Could you share the name of the dealership in Oklahoma City that offered the ex-l for $29,900?
  • techtxtechtx Member Posts: 2
    That's an awesome price, gbaskar !!!
    My local dealer (in Texas) is only offering $30,800 as his lowest price for the same package and this is without financing. I called up the salesperson again just a few minutes ago telling him about your price in MN, but he refused to believe me. Could you do me a huge favor and scan a receipt or sales invoice that shows this price (and the model of the car) and email it to techtx at gmail.com? I have also emailed your dealer (Brookdale honda) for a quote, but if they give me a different price over email, I thought your receipt could come in handy.
    I would really really appreciate it if you could do that. Thanks.
  • wwtsdwwtsd Member Posts: 3
    Initial quotes from dealers have come back in a range of 31.9K - 32.4K (all-in). I'm pretty impressed how close these folks are to each other. Any advice on how much 'wiggle room' remains from initial quote from dealers?

Seems as though the current initial price at 31.9 is pretty competetive based on recent comments from others. Would appreciate anyone's advice for next steps after the initial quote.

I'm doing most discussing purely via internet.

Thanks,
    wwtsd
  • sun_dancesun_dance Member Posts: 13
    Can you share with me who you have this with, since I am in the same position and am looking for an EXL with no RES and no NAV as well, in the Seattle area.

Thanks,
  • mplshondadlrmplshondadlr Member Posts: 409
    When you say "all in" do you me total cost out the door?

Sounds like we're right in-line with everyone around here at $32219.01 OTD.

I would say that your lowest offer of $31,9xx is a good as at gets. Dealer out of metro Minneapolis do not have to pay the $200.00 per car co-op advertising fee!

Buy at that price!

I'm sure you'll love your Odyssey :)

****THIS IS NOT AN OFFER TO SELL YOU A VAN. DO NOT EMAIL ME AS ANY EMAILS WILL NO BE RESPONDED TO****
  • mittymitty Member Posts: 2
    Hey, just purchased a 2008 odyssey EX-L for 26,800 including everything except tax.
  • mittymitty Member Posts: 2
    hey, i purchased a 08 EX-L for 26,800 from sheehy honda in falls church, va.
    Just purchased an EX-L from Milwaukee area dealer who agreed to match my lowest quote from a Chicago dealer for $26,446 which includes destination and $150 doc fee (add TTL for OTD price).

The price is $3,539 below the invoice. I figure I could still go maybe another $200 lower, but for this I would have to drive to Chicago and waste some time, plus I've got a sweet deal for my trade-in accord.

Anyway, I think that the about $3,500 below invoice is the price to go right now and this will likely end when the 2009 model comes out in September although dealers might be willing to keep the discount that low on the 2008 model if they still cannot get rid off them.