Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota Sequoia Accessories and Modifications

15678911»

Comments

• ymkymk Member Posts: 3
    Does anyone know where i can buy 2005- 2007 Chrome side mirrors covers for Sequoia as i searched online, and found nothing of this product?
  • abbylouabbylou Member Posts: 33
    Bought a 2007 Sequoia and was not really ready to pay what Toyota wanted for the DVD/Nav since all I wanted was the Nav, but can the dealer install the Nav after the fact? I have the 10 speaker JBL system. I thought about the portable, but like having the dash clear.
    DVD/Nav come as combo package in dealer, i also have 2007 Sequoia and my portable GPS works pretty good in my dash, just go for bigger screen at least 3.5". The fixed one can not be updated as roads always being changed in the States.
  • trebor129trebor129 Member Posts: 176
    I added Sonar into the bumper and posted that in another area with pics.

I also have DVD/LCD headrests on the way.

I did a Homelink(R) rear-view auto dimming mirror install.

Now I did the Python 990 remote start and two-way alarm.

To test it I first I walked to the most true line of sight I could get -- 700 yards or so according to the laser rangefinder. Then I walked further and further. I lost line of sight but wrote down street intersections. It seemed like I walked forever so remind me not to walk that far again in 36 degree temps. I got 2054 yards or 1.17 miles out of it, according to google-earth. So I am stunned -- I was able to verify a mile. I have no doubt that true line of sight without a bunch of houses in the way would have gone further. Not that this is a reliable range of course, but it worked.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/8958/rangecr1.jpg
    There is a side-effect of my remote-starter and my Toyota. The Toyota leaves the headlights on if you shut off the engine and sit in the car. So if you turn on the car with the remote starter, and then decide to shut it off from the remote starter -- the lights never turn off as the car thinks someone is inside.

I think the fix is to reprogram the car. The owner's manual has two custom settings that seem relevant. One is how many seconds from when you close the door to when the lights go off. Default is 30 seconds but a Toyota dealer can change it to 0. I don't think that will help though as the door is never open and closed. The other setting will make it so that the lights are off when the engine is shut off. I assume that will fix it. While I am at it, there is an option to disable the seat-belt buzzer.
  • abbylouabbylou Member Posts: 33
    GPS works pretty good in my dash? So, did you mount in your dash or is it up on windshield or dash top? I am just wondering if there is something out there since i refused to pay the $1800+ they wanted for the DVD/Nav....Wish they just had the Nav pkg when I purchased....
  • ownutahownutah Member Posts: 7
    What has your experience been with cargo rocket type boxes in the Sequoia? I am considering buying a Yakima SkyBox Pro 21 that will be 21 cubic feet (92” x 36” x 18”). Do any of you have a box like this? How has it impacted your gas mileage and what kind of noticeable noise comes from the addition of the box if any?
    Thanks in advance,
    Robert
    my GPS has been mounted on windshield, it is very visible to me even under bright day, i mean it depends on which brand you are going to buy. Why pay for only single Nav pkg over thousand dollars at dealer. Mine is just $250.
    Portable GPS has two issues.

1. It is a magnet for window smashers.

2. If it loses reception, it stops working. The factory nav is tied in to the wheels. There are (I think) some portables now that have accelerometers.
  • ccooke70ccooke70 Member Posts: 31
    Has anyone found any places to get accessories for the 08 Sequoia? In particular, I need a bug shield. It looks like Toyota may not have theirs ready for a few months. I hate driving around with out one, as my last SUV got several dings and windshield ships from rocks on the interstate.
  • poster1poster1 Member Posts: 6
    It seems like every single new car we buy gets a rock in the windshield before the thing's a month old. I mean it's uncanny how quick that brand new windshield gets nailed by a rock.
    I wish there was some magic way to avoid the problem but in my experience, I've seen the rock coming, they come in from a fairly steep angle and there is no way in heck that a bug shield would have prevented the attack. I mean the rocks that have actually cracked my various windshields are big enough that there is no way they would have been deflected by a different wind pattern caused by a bug shield.
    Bugs yes, I'm sure bugs will be deflected up and away from the windshield in most cases but not the rocks that crack windshields.
    If anyone can prove me wrong I want to know. Thanks for hearing me out on this.
  • mxluamxlua Member Posts: 1
    I have a Thule Atlantis 2100, and I have used it both on a 06 Sienna and 04 4runner. As for noise it really doesn't make that much noise until you hit around 70mph and up. Gas mileage is hard to judge because when I do use it I have it fully loaded and the weight itself does effect it. One important thing when considering is that I have had mine for 18months, and I had to repair it twice. I use it heavily and there is four plastic brackets, that should have been make out of metal, that break. I have to call Thule,lifetime warr, for replacement parts. I understand that new models are out, but I don't know if they corrected this defect.

Michael
  • dansgaragedansgarage Member Posts: 11
    Just got my 2008 Sequoia Limited. I can't seem to find a supplier for a full Grill/Brush Guard. Anyone had any luck trying to get one of these? Thanks a bunch!
    Dan
    Hi! was wondering if you found a supplier for your Bug Shield? I am not looking for that same accessory but figure that 'maybe' (?) a supplier who can get you your Bug Shield has other items as well! I'm looking for a full front Brush/Grill Guard for my 2008 Sequoia. If you come across a supplier please email me at "dansgarage@roadrunner.com" Thanks a bunch!!!
    Dan
    P.S. Good Luck with your new Sequoia!!
  • zabrogerzabroger Member Posts: 6
    I’ve had my 2008 SR5 for about 2 months now. The other day I went to fold down all of the back seats to lay flat. When I did, I had about an 8 inch gap between the second row seats and the 3 row seats. It seems like there should be something that would cover this gap and make a nice flat area for hauling stuff. Am I missing something?
  • sgermanysgermany Member Posts: 3
    Hi, Are you folding the seats upright after you put them flat? My 2004 folds flat then tips up to meet the 2nd row. Hope this helps!
    I have a 2008 Linited so don't know if your model has the same setup as far vas the back of the seats goes, but, if you fold down the 2nd row seats, there is (on my model) a velcro-edged fold-away part that will open up (once the seat itself is folded flat) and bridge the gap you referred to. Hope this helps!!!
    Dan
  • 2008SequoiaBoy2008SequoiaBoy Member Posts: 1
    Does any one knows how to buy a denso(OEM) GPS for the 08 sequoia, and get it hacked? Thank you very much.
  • 12008431200843 Member Posts: 2
    My platinum has the captains set in the 2nd row with two bucket seats on either side. Wanted to replace the captains seat (whis is not really a seat) with an actual seat to increase seating to 8. Does anyone know how / where I could get that done? I have seen some options online for center console seat that could potentially replace the captains chair but don't know if that's the best way.

Please advise

http://www.discountvantruck.com/centerconsoleseats/truckconsoleseats.htm
  • kennysequoia08kennysequoia08 Member Posts: 1
    how do i wire so that i could watch movies in the front in the navigation screen and how do i take out the deck?
  • joelkleinjoelklein Member Posts: 3
    Hi!
    I have the SR-5 W/JBL system

is it any way I can replace me current factory radio and upgrade to a Factory Nav.?

Thanks!
    Joel Klein
  • rrirri Member Posts: 1
    Had the same problem. The only solution I found, which was actually quite cheap, was to have the foam replaced. It cost $45 for the pair vs. $460 to have both front speakers replaced by the dealership. It took the guy about a week to get parts in and do the labor. The original speakers are oversized 6 1/2 and there aren't any replacements that I found. I just got the speakers back and re-installed. They sound just as good as the 1st day. Good luck!!
  • mkbrown87mkbrown87 Member Posts: 15
    Yes, I had that done about a year ago. A sound shop charged me about $50 to reglue the existing foam back in place. Sounded great. Now the passenger side is having the same condition. Will take it back to them to fix the other. Told me at the time that it would likely happen again. Still better than $500-700 to replace speakers.
  • villarosavillarosa Member Posts: 1
    T. Lei,
    I have a 2007 Sequoia and installed my own trailer hitch...Just purchased a boat and now need lights. Toyota dealer gave my wife the run around and said there is no hook-up under the back of the SUV... I just went in garage and found hookup in about 30 seconds after looking up under the left/back of the vehicle where the hitch was installed. I just need to know the part numbers or pictures if you have them. Thanks in advance Mark
  • jimmydnscjimmydnsc Member Posts: 6
    Slide the thrid row forward as far as they will go then fold down and they should meet up just fine. :)
  • usma90usma90 Member Posts: 2
    I have a 2008 SR5 Sequoia. I have been looking for a billet grill. I found one, but it would mean cutting into the existing grill. I'm not opposed to that, but then I saw the grill on a 2010 Tundra Limited. Very nice OEM grill; almost looks like a billet grill. Does anyone know if this 2010 Tundra Limited grill will fit as a direct replacement on my 2008 SR5 Sequoia. The OEM grill is about $150 cheaper, also. Thanks for any info.
  • sequoia_ltdsequoia_ltd Member Posts: 1
    Just got sweet 2005 Limited, wife wants rear spoiler, backup sensors, and backup camera to connect to Nav screen. Anyone recently gone through these add ons to your rides? I may tackle these myself if they are not too bad. Thanks.
  • snakebite3snakebite3 Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know how to deactivate the radar cruise control on the new Sequoias? It's aggravating for it to be on all the time.

Also, does anyone know how to either re-program the Nav system or disconnect the wires to permit the damn thing to work when you're driving down the road? It's utterly ridiculous that you have to stop in order to type in on the thing. Yes, voice command is an option to some degree...but when you have a passenger (the wife) ridding with you everywhere you go, it's not a safety issue if she's the one doing the typing!!!

This is a great vehicle, but needs a little tweaking on these systems. HELP!!!
  • jac1304jac1304 Member Posts: 33
    Anyone purchase or know if seat covers are made by toyota for the rear seats and third row seat for new Sequoia?
  • brneydlassbrneydlass Member Posts: 1
    I have a 06 Toyota Sequoia and want to replace JBL E7006 radio/nav unit with a Kenwood Excelon DNX-9140. I have a rear-seat entertainment system with a ceiling mount screen. The installing shop suggests I may lose the use of the ceiling mount screen with the installatin of the new unit. He said the new unit will play a movie on it (in-dash) but maybe not the ceiling mount screen. I do know that my husband and I have listened to a music CD in the JBL radio unit in front while the teenagers watched a DVD Movie in the back with the wireless headsets - so the two systems, while integrated, must be utilizing separate functions as they operated independently at the same time.

Does anyone know if the JBL E7006 is replaced that we WILL lose use of ceiling mount screen, or if a Kenwood or JBL accessory is available.
  • suburbandadsuburbandad Member Posts: 1
    I am sick of the kids having to climb over the 2nd row seats to get to the 3rd row (we have two car seats now). IS THERE A WAY TO REPLACE THE 2nd ROW SEATS with TWO CAPTAINS SEATS?
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,147
    If you purchased a rearview camera for your car, a reporter wants to hear from you. Please email pr@edmunds.com by Wednesday, October 6, 2010 with your daytime contact information and your thoughts on the system.
    Thanks,
    Jeannine Fallon
    Corporate Communications
    Edmunds.com

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• trapper51trapper51 Member Posts: 27
    I am working on my fog lights and dont see them listed inside the relay box. I know which fuse it is but need to locate the relay - and Chiltons Manual doesnt show it. Can anyone help?
    Also - my power antenna died and Im going to replace it with a fixed mast. That too doesnt not even show up in a repair manual - does anyone know where the access port is for the power antenna - I cannot locate anything in wheel well or door. Glove box maybe? I've had this 2001 Toyota for 220k miles just under 10 years and no regrets. Has saved me bundles vs other big SUVs friends have.
    Tks all,
  • ckuntzckuntz Member Posts: 1
    I know this is an old post but i will try anyway. I was wondering if you have factory installed rear entertainment system with dvd. i just purchased a 04 limited with the AVN30D ( I assume aftermarket ) and the rear entertainment system. but the screen does not work on the overhead. i read in another post that if you install an in dash nav system you may have to "sacrifice" your rear display. I was curious if you had this problem. Thanks
  • mjh7550mjh7550 Member Posts: 5
    On my 04 Sienna, the radar cc is put in normal mode when you turn it on and then push the control stalk forward and "normal" is indicated on the dash display. Wife likes the radar and I hate it.
  • chemist2chemist2 Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I am new to the forum. Just purchased a 2011 Sequioa Ltd and would like to see if anyone has suggestion on front hitch receiver. I would like to tow a trailer at the back and carry bikes in front.
    Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
This discussion has been closed.