Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota Sequoia Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• seqfanseqfan Member Posts: 2
    I bought my Sequoia in Oklahoma City (Bob Howard Toyota), which may not help you in New Jersey (but you never know). Hope you find what you're looking for.
  • jd08limitedjd08limited Member Posts: 19
    WOW, I have not been on this board for a while since I purchased my 08 Limited back in Jan. and I am certainly jealous. Who knew the gas would go so high, I wish I would have waited to purchase since ryan0606 paid almost exactly the same as I did, but has about $4,000 more in options-nav/entertainment center/20" wheels. I love my vehicle, but obviously could have saved $$. I also get about 14 mpg, but mostly drive off highway miles and tend to have a heavy foot(this thing goes 80 so easily and the stereo is so great that I often don't hear my wife telling me to slow down!). Anyway, congrats to all you new owners and know that you are all getting great deals.
  • wrxcstiwrxcsti Member Posts: 21
    Thanks Ryan. I'm in California but will certainly use that number as a reference when I start the buying process.
  • lou88lou88 Member Posts: 12
    I am in Princeton area. But I plan to buy one... I may stop by the dealer at West Caldwell near end of month, and try to seal a deal on 06/30.
  • lou88lou88 Member Posts: 12
    What's your experience at this dealership ?? Did you buy the truck near end of May??
    Any input is appreciated.
  • highlander7highlander7 Member Posts: 177
    Have been away for 3 weeks and not able to post on the forum.

Purchase a Silver Sky Platinum 4x4 with graphite interior Memorial Day weekend. Options: EY, CK, RL and C7. MSRP $58904.00. (Paid: *$50944.00.) Plus floor mats (5) at no costs for all three rows of seats.

*My 2004 4Runner Limited 4.7L with 49.5K miles was traded so *$50944.00 is my best guess-estimate. Unless you get the real trade in number from the dealer, you can only guess. My dealer uses the Manheim Auto Auction information for offering a trade price.

The auction value on my 4Runner was $16500.00, not good for a vehicle that had a MSRP of $43600.00 less than four years ago. People are not buying 8 cylinder trucks unless they need them, so the prices are low. To make the deal, the paperwork showed my trade at $19400.00, $2900.00 more than auction value. The salesman said the manager was taking a chance in making this offer but she said he had to move iron, Sequoia’s were not selling.
    MSRP $58904.00 Best Price: $53844.00 - $2900.00 (additional trade value) = *$50,944.00.

From what I am reading, this discount of $8K on a Platinum is probably about right. With 0% financing on vehicles that are not selling and everyone wanting a Prius, this is the time to deal on SUV’s and trucks.

Thank you Mack and hdfatboy for your advice and information. Anyone that wants to see pics of the best Sequoia color combo go to Discussion Title: 2008 Toyota Sequoia post #1679. hdfatboy’s Black with Red Rock is awesome. My wife is happy with Silver Sky, easy to maintain and keep clean.
  • highlander7highlander7 Member Posts: 177
    And I need to mention what I left out in post #1249.

This is an amazing vehicle. There are a few additional options that would be nice to have but then it be a Lexus for many $$$$$$ more. My wife would have appreciated an eight or ten way power passenger seat, she feels a near $60K vehicle should have this and I agree. But this is minor; overall we are very pleased with this truck. Rides great, very quiet at 75+mph, plenty of power. In three weeks we have driven 600 relaxing miles, are looking forward to trips this summer and fall.

If you need a large SUV, other than the LX570, which is a little smaller, this is the best one available. And if you can get the TFS 0% financing, this is a very good time to buy.
    One more quick question, did the $7800 off MSRP price include $2000 Toyota Loyolty cash rebate of $2000 (meaning if you trade in a Toyota)? Just want to make sure. Thanks.
  • dansgaragedansgarage Member Posts: 11
    Hi Dave...and thanks for replying to my question about the 2008 Sequoia and what 'mpg' you were actually getting. I still have not bought mine as yet. Would like to have some idea as to what the BEST highway mileage I can get with this 4x4 would realistically be!! I sure don't expect 26 or 28mpg but I wondered if 22 is possiible?? (or am I dreaming?)
    Thanks again
    Dan
  • ryan0606ryan0606 Member Posts: 3
    In response to your question: did the $7800 off MSRP price include $2000 Toyota Loyalty cash rebate of $2000. Answer: I don't think so. A few dealers said I needed to own an older Sequoia to get another $2000 loyalty cash. I already owned a Camry but this did not appear to be a factor in getting the $7800 off MSRP.

Here's a link to a dealer with $9800 off MSRP (DCHToyotaCity.com). You need to add $2000 back on if your going to do 0% financing. Her's the link to a price:

http://www.dchtoyotacity.com/new-inventory/vehicle-details.htm?vehicleId=d0db38d- 14046381e0043fb683a3df199&useHistory=true

Another example of an agressively priced Toyota Dealer is wwwDarCars.com. They emailed me some good prices too.

I was able to get 3 dealers to agree to $7800 off MSRP including my taking 0% financing. Many dealers would not go nearly this low and would tell me how it's below cost. I had an excellent buying experience and there were no hidden fees.
  • ejtpaejtpa Member Posts: 5
    I'm getting approx 17mpg (according to the onboard computer) with primarily highway miles, some local driving.
    Thanks! It seems that pricing in NJ/NY area are a little bit better than Northern California. One key reason is that the invoice price in N. CA is higher due to Toyota's advertising budget allocation etc. In fact, the invoice price in this region appears to be $800 to $900 higher than what's shown on Edmunds.com. Because of the higher invoice price, the dealer are less willing to go far below the invoice (hence larger discount from MSRP) and offer 0% financing at the same time. It appears that most dealers here are willing to offer $300 to $800 below invoice which is about $6000 to $6500 below MSRP. Didn't know that invoice could range so much from regions to regions which could significantly impact the final price.
  • ccapccap Member Posts: 40
    I completly agree, that Toyota should have added extra motion on the passanger seats. That is cheap in my eyes for vehicle of this caliper. Also the drivers seat should slide out of the way when you turn off the car.

However, I do like the vehicle. It rides very nice and handles well for such a large vehicle. And even thought I got a great deal, I still have to get past the MPG on this beast.
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    A reporter from a national newspaper is looking to speak to consumers who just purchased a new Toyota Sequoia within the past six months and whether it had anything to do with gas prices. If you’re interested in speaking to the reporter, please contact Chintan Talati at ctalati@edmunds.com with your daytime contact information no later than June 23, 2008.
  • nobulenobule Member Posts: 4
    Just wanted to know what others think about my recent purchase. One dealership gave us $7000 off of MSRP on a 2008 Sequoia SR5/5.7 L with leather at 0%/60 month financing. Also, this vehicle had been driven by the sales manager for 1200 miles. I discovered that it is challenging to come up with a valuation on a vehicle like this because it is already being severely discounted, 0% financing, and difficulty in pricing a discount on a vehicle with 1200 miles on it. Also, for those military members out there, Toyota offers a $400 rebate if you are on active duty. What do others think about the price we paid on this vehicle?
  • nobulenobule Member Posts: 4
    Anyone have thoughts or advice on getting the extended warranty on a new Sequoia? I decided not to get the extended warranty.. I was tempted to get it, however, since this is a new version of the Sequoia and kinks may show up. What is a good price on this warranty?
  • rtribblertribble Member Posts: 45
    You can get the seven year, 100,000 mile , 0 deductible bumper to bumper Platinum for $1,000.
  • sbell4sbell4 Member Posts: 446
    The southeast region now has $5000 cash back + 60,000 people were sent an additional $3000 incentive. We have 29 Sequoia in stock and I am considering putting all of them on ebay at a loss to clear them out. I checked the surrounding regions and it appears no one has this same incentive. Any thoughts?
  • cobraconescobracones Member Posts: 3
    Up to $8,000 in cash back in the southeast?? Sounds pretty good. I have been actively searching for a 2008 Sequoia 4wd for about a month now and I am just waiting on the right deal. I live in Texas, but have also been looking outside the state as well. I have a quote for a 4WD SR5 MSRP at ~$49,200 for $43,000 with toyota loyalty ($2k) and grad rebates ($400) with 0% for 60 months. Can you beat this offer?
  • ponytrekkerponytrekker Member Posts: 310
    Wait, here's a buyer for those Sequoias you want to sell on ebay.

So glad I traded in my 4runner before the thing became a useless piece of scrap metal.
  • bigjjcbigjjc Member Posts: 6
    I live in Atlanta and would like to know more about the $3000 incentive as I am in the market for a Sequoia. The best price so far was $42,800 before rebate, tax, tag etc.for a Limited with NAV, Sun roof and power lift gate.
  • cobraconescobracones Member Posts: 3
    Bigjjc, what was the MSRP on the Sequoia that you have a quote for 42,800? That better than any deal I have found so far in Texas. Was that quote from a dealer in Atlanta?
    If the MSRP of the Sequoia is a little over $50,000 you can find deals of between $13750-$14500 of total savings with the cash back and loyalty cash back combined. I wouldn't expect a dealer to go out and find you one at these prices and you will have best luck with dealers with 20-30 of them sitting on the ground.

The difference in prices you are seeing in AR, LA, MS, OK, and TX is due to they only have $3000.00 cash back instead of $5000.00 cash back.

Southeast Toyota is a private distributor and has its own programs and incentives which differ from the rest of the nation. Simply put, if anyone is going to buy a Sequoia, SET is doing what they can to sell them here.
    Yes is was from a dealer in Atlanta. I do not the MSRP on it as I work my pricing from what I am willing/able to pay. THe quote was at the end of June no telling what they will be pricing them at in July.
  • armando1967armando1967 Member Posts: 8
    Wwhat does TDA stands for, also once the incentives (5000) now , are over, would the dealer budge and honored them to you if you are erally interested in buying the car, thank you in advance for your help.
  • 08conestoga08conestoga Member Posts: 2
    Heres some more numbers for folks;

Awaiting delivery of a silver sky SR5, leather,jbl (new england region bundle of options) with MSRP of 46,500. Price was 40,900 (included destination) -1,500 cash back which began 7/1, for total of 39,400. Also took 0% APR x 60months. I'll be installing an aftermarket dvd player - either a panasonic or alpine overhead unit.

The dealer I purchased from has actually moved a few sequoias a month, and really only has a surplus of platinum's, otherwise there allocations seem to be on track with what they are selling now. One dealer actually had about 45(!) all neatly parked off site at their storage lot, which i visited to check out all the colors in one place. It looked like the Sequoia aisle at Costco.
  • avsdudeavsdude Member Posts: 1
    Last weekend picked up a Cassis Pearl 4x4 Limited with the options CF, AL, SR, PB CK, RF, RL and 5A MSRP $52,090. Paid $42,092 + tax which included $2000 rebate and $2000 loyalty cash. The new rebates for July in Denver region are $3000 and no loyalty cash.
    "The southeast region now has $5000 cash back + 60,000 people were sent an additional $3000 incentive."

This is shameless begging here - I am in the market to buy a Sequoia. If someone has one of these $3,000 additional incentives and is not going to use it I could certainly make use of it..... Please let me know..
  • chiangrilachiangrila Member Posts: 2
    Toyota of Simi Valley was offering $12k off MSRP for their 4th of July sale. $5500 factory rebate + $6500 dealer discount. The newspaper ad was for ALL Sequoias in stock. Funny thing was: we saw an ad stating $11k off. But when we called to check inventory, we were told the promotion was actually $12k off. We quickly jumped into the Camry to drove out.

Other local dealers in the Orange County area were only offering between $9k - $10k off. $5500 factory rebate + varying dealer discounts.

Purchased 5.7L SR5 for $25,763 (MSRP of $37,763). Options included sonar, running boards, 6 disc changer, spoiler, homelink, and floormats.
    Congrats! $12k off MSRP in CA is a very good deal. It's amazing that rebate in S CA is $2000 more than N CA ($5500 in S CA vs. $3000 in N CA).

Per Edmunds' incentive page, there's some restriction on this rebate: "$5500 Customer cash may not be combined with 0.0% APR and vehicle must be financed through the manufacturer's captive finance company."

Just wondering if you did financing through Toyota's captive finance company? If so what rate did you get?
  • jason973jason973 Member Posts: 7
    I am about to pull the trigger on a Limited or Platinum Sequoia. What type of lease payments should I have on a $56,000 vehicle? What should be the negotiated price? I am looking for a 3 yr/15,000 mi lease and don't care to buy it after that is up. I see people talking about 10-12k off in CA...what does that mean in NJ?

Thanks!
  • dilly22dilly22 Member Posts: 1
    I would be willing to take a Sequoia off your hands.
  • kduahkduah Member Posts: 6
    That was an excellent deal. Some dealers in my area are also offering big discounts. A friend got a fully loaded 8-passenger Limited 4X4 for $43,000 after cash rebates. MSRP was $55,293. The only options it doesn't have are rear height control air suspension and remote start
  • chiangrilachiangrila Member Posts: 2
    You are correct, the $5500 factory rebate cannot be combined with 0% financing.

The choices were:

0% + $1500 rebate
    5.8% + $5500 rebate

Since we got the lower end SR5, we did not need to finance and took the $5500. For a fully loaded Platinum, the 0% can be worth quite a bit if you take it over 5 years.
    The original manifest which included only 60,000 people has been expanded to include all that currently have a Sequoia registered in their name.
  • shinbone1shinbone1 Member Posts: 9
    I too have been shopping around for Sequoias from the Los Angeles down to the Carlsbad area. The best deal I've received is $11,500 off MSRP. I've been checking the inventories and they aren't selling many. I think I will hold out for a better deal in August..hopefully!
    Here is some information on my purchase:
    MSRP $53,046
    Selling Price: 43500
    Plus rebates of $8,000
    Plus trade-in of $5,000
    and the dealer made an error on the tax of $400 that the dealer covered

Series: Sequoia
    Model: 7927 - Limited 2WD (6 Speed Automatic)
    Color: Slate Metallic
    Interior: Graphite Leather
    Options:
    Cold Kit Includes: Windshield Wiper-CKAT $200
    Rear load leveling suspension-NFAT $650
    Touch Screen Navigation System with JBL-NVAT $1,650
    Power Back Hatch/Door-PBAT $400
    Daytime Running Lights (DRL) with On/Off-RLAT $40
    Toyoguard Plus Protection Group-XY70 $699
    Rear Aerodynamic Spoiler-CX90 $449
    Power Tilt/Slide Moonroof with Sun Shade-SRAT $810
    Entertainment System-DVD-Headrest-EH30 $1,999
  • ponytrekkerponytrekker Member Posts: 310
    >>#1097 of 1280 Anyone get a good deal in Central TX (Austin)? by willk Jan 25, >>2008 (9:04 pm)
    >>I've talked with a few dealers, and I can't seem to get a quote much below MSRP. >>Anyone get the type of deals folks are talking about in this forum? Thanks!

Now would be a good time to go back and laugh.
  • danwilsondanwilson Member Posts: 2
    What dealer has these kind of deals so I can contact him
  • danwilsondanwilson Member Posts: 2
    So you got $10,000 off msrp and $8000 back for $18,000 off msrp what dealer IM me please I wanna talk to them
  • erinaerina Member Posts: 2
    I am looking at a Limited in Tampa. I have been quoted 33800 for a dealer vehicle with rear suspension, blue tooth as really the only extras. This is after 5K rebate is this a good deal? Is there anyone that can recommend someone in the Tampa area?
  • erinaerina Member Posts: 2
    Correction they have quoted me 36800 not 33800. I also have a trade in.
    Just to update it was dealer demo with 4,000 miles on it. How do I IM your?
  • rrhernandezrrhernandez Member Posts: 1
    For July, SE Toyota is offering 0%, 72 months, including the platinum.... not sure if they'll extend until August.
  • netanimalnetanimal Member Posts: 1
    Hi!
    Can you tell which dealer is that ? Looks pretty good deal !!
    It was World Toyota in Atlanta
  • xierxier Member Posts: 99
    Anyone know when the 09's are coming out? Looking for a Platinum in NCAL.
    I read that Toyota has stopped production of Sequoia from Aug 08 to Nov 08, so don't know when the '09 will come out. Just curious why you are looking for a '09 since it will probably be the same as '08. Do an inventory search on vehix.com and cars.com (they show inventory from different dealers), you'll find that there are still plenty Platinum models available in the Bay Area.
  • xierxier Member Posts: 99
    Not looking for new features in 09 - just the 09 to help with overall deperecation since we are nearly done with 08 and the other models we are looking at have 09's available or will in the next 30.

I drove a Plat 2X2 yesterday and was told the same thing - that Toyota stopped production therefore no special orders etc... were being taken. The Plat 2X2 had MSRP of 55 and they had sale sticker at 49. I'm trying to determine at this point what my best price can be on a 4X4 version - so MSRP in the 58 to 59 region. Lots of inventory in our area and from what I can tell they are not selling very many.

Due to the current environment (Economy, Gas, 08 models at end of 08 etc....) shall we call it the perfect storm for buying a car that not many people want -- What COULD be the lowest price on a 58-59K MSRP Model?
  • popperpopper Member Posts: 41
    Just bought Platinum 4WD, every option but laser cruise, for $46,2 OTD. (We don't pay sales tax til we register at tag office.)