Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota Sequoia Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• hdfatboyhdfatboy Member Posts: 324
    "20 Percent off MSRP + Zero for 60 is not a deal I have heard of on a Platinum (best that I can tell a few K under Invoice on Platinum and the Zero percent is top deal) - On a SR5 even today this is still a good deal. Based on the volume dealers have of SR5'S (TONS TONS) I would expect you can push it even a bit farther - say 25 maybe even 30 and ZERO if they extend the ZERO that is...."

If you can get 20% off invoice plus 0% for 60 months I think you'll find that's a pretty damn good deal. 12% off MSRP is the dealer's invoice price so the additional 8% below invoice is a pretty sharp deal which probably includes a large rebate. Tack on the 0% financing for 5 years and I'm not sure anyone else has gotten a better deal than that. I'd be real interested to hear if someone has been able to get a Platinum 4x4 Sequoia for under $45K (not including tax and title) PLUS 0% financing for 5 years.
  • xierxier Member Posts: 99
    I don't think anyone is near that number on a Plat 4X4 w/Zero - was a few K over that if I was willing to skip the zero percent. I'm not surprised that SR5's and even limiteds will get to the 20% point in the very near future.... during my search for Platinum 4x4's I easily found 15 to 20 to 1 SR5's to every Plat that I was able to find. At one dealership they had on the lot 43 SR5/Limited's and only 1 new Plat + a few demo Plat's.... If I was looking for a stripped down Sequoia - I'd wait a month or two to let pressure of 09's factor into the equation. They will have to nearly GIVE away the SR5's in my area in order to put a dent into wha'ts on the LOT.
  • tgoodelltgoodell Member Posts: 19
    I'm hoping they do the same thing with Limiteds :)

While we were having our Expedition serviced (again), my wife stumbled onto the dealership owner's Platinum which has 4400 miles on it, but I doubt they'd go as far as offering it for anywhere near $41k with 0% financing....even though it's technically "used" at this point.
    Seems like all of the top folks at the dealers were driving Platinum's - that is until fuel went up. At one dealership they had 4 Frost Platinum's most with elec start - and some crazy TRD option's - One MSRP'd at over 64K!! I was told that they were still eligible for the zero percent since they were 'demo' and had not been registered but I would double check to make sure its eligible for the ZERO.

"
    While we were having our Expedition serviced (again), my wife stumbled onto the dealership owner's Platinum which has 4400 miles on it, but I doubt they'd go as far as offering it for anywhere near $41k with 0% financing....even though it's technically "used" at this point. "
  • iontrapiontrap Member Posts: 139
    I may give the 30% off with 0% with another dealer in Atlanta. Here in the southeast we have 0% for 60 and 72 months, this has the makings for a killer deal!
    I ended up with 60 - but would have liked to get 72 ---- did they just start 72 in your region? I'd assume Toyota Motor would offer it throughout the USA as part of their end of year sale.
  • mikey13170mikey13170 Member Posts: 26
    Hi guys...I have been watching the posts for a few weeks and watching the incentives. I was within a hair of buying a 2008 LTD w/Nav and remote start and then the dealer did the ole' bait and switch on the numbers. First they tell me they will give me the $16000 trade in value on my 04 Ltd (84K miles), then when they brought out the paperwork to sign it had all changed and looked like some sort of calculus equation. I read through it and then went off on them for trying to trick me....then they said "we can't give you what your asking for on your truck and the incentives too....that would be fair to us" I told them if this is how they treat repeat customers then I'd hate to be someone they dislike. I got up and walked out....thing is I really dont have to trade...my truck is in excellent shape, but would like to have a new Sequoia while the deals are soo good.

The rebates came back out yesterday and they were the same as the labor day sale...basically equalled $4k off invoice.

I was expecting to see more aggressive numbers, but I guess I was wrong.
    I saw mention earlier of a discount Toyota Loyalty...can someone explain this to me?
    Also...are there any other discounts I could take advantage of like a New Graduate discount or AAA or anything that will be combined with the current incentives?

Thanks,
    Mike
    They were offering 0% for 72 last month. I'm not sure about July.
  • tgoodelltgoodell Member Posts: 19
    It boggles my mind that dealers are still willing to try and get that 1 sale by pulling the stereotypical "hide the true price in the paperwork" scam rather than offering a competitive deal, and gaining a customer-for-life and positive referrals. Instead, that dealer just lost a repeat customer--AND any hope of gaining anyone you know (and who hears your experience) as new customers. Great business sense.

At least you caught them in the act and walked away. Personally, I'd go one step further and contact the owner to let him know why his dealer lost your business--along with anyone else who's ear you can bend on this. At least then you'd see whether the problem starts "at the top" of his organization--or is specific to his sales team only. Might actually be a good way to get what you're looking for if the owner is at all responsive to customer retention.

Tim
    Sorry to hear about the fall through.

Please post the details :

How much were they offering the LTD?
    What's the KBB/Edmunds trade in value for your 04?

Trading in a V8 in this market is TOUGH TOUGH - I'd bet the only thing harder to move than a Sequoia is a USED Sequoia - although I even had trouble getting trade in value for my V6 SUV.

I bet there will still be PLEANTY of Limiteds come Nov/December - If I had a nice 04 I'd sit out a bit to see what the 09 pressure does and if the REBATE + Zero comes into play.

So Rebate Wise I asked my SR when I purchaed and he said the only current rebates/offers were the 1K Cash Back and the 4K OR 0 Percent. I heard early on they mailed out some "LOYALTY" rebates but never was able to confirm this.
    ---------------------

Hi guys...I have been watching the posts for a few weeks and watching the incentives. I was within a hair of buying a 2008 LTD w/Nav and remote start and then the dealer did the ole' bait and switch on the numbers. First they tell me they will give me the $16000 trade in value on my 04 Ltd (84K miles), then when they brought out the paperwork to sign it had all changed and looked like some sort of calculus equation. I read through it and then went off on them for trying to trick me....then they said "we can't give you what your asking for on your truck and the incentives too....that would be fair to us" I told them if this is how they treat repeat customers then I'd hate to be someone they dislike. I got up and walked out....thing is I really dont have to trade...my truck is in excellent shape, but would like to have a new Sequoia while the deals are soo good.

The rebates came back out yesterday and they were the same as the labor day sale...basically equalled $4k off invoice.

I was expecting to see more aggressive numbers, but I guess I was wrong.
    I saw mention earlier of a discount Toyota Loyalty...can someone explain this to me?
    Also...are there any other discounts I could take advantage of like a New Graduate discount or AAA or anything that will be combined with the current incentives?
  • mexibecmexibec Member Posts: 114
    Hi folks, we're shopping for a '08 LTD, and the first offer from the dealer is invoice minus the manufacturer's rebates ($4500 for September). So obviously, there's more room to negotiate. My question is: why does the dealer start at invoice? That's way off Edmunds' TMV. What profits do they make by selling at invoice, other than the holdback (and if so, how much is it)? I have no problem that the dealer makes a profit (that's how businesses operate), but I need to know how much profit (and on what) they make so that I can make educated offers and get a fair deal. A few things: I'm paying cash and want the Cassis Pearl (unpopular), all of which play in my favor. But how does the dealer make a profit by selling at invoice other than the holdback? Thanks for all your insight.
    In my experience dealers that want to sell Sequoia's are quoting invoice - all discounts up front as their first quote. Before Sept 2 there was 4K + 1K Dealer Cash Back = 5K in total rebates - not sure if the 1K cas back turned into 500 or....

They offer this price - again dealers who need/want to move their Sequoia's because they CANT SELL THEM. It's that simple. Even in this economy and with our gas prices if folks wanted Sequoia's and were buying them you would not see deals like this.

Read through this thread and I think you will find 11 to 12K off MSRP is a # that some said they were able to purchase with CASH and No Trade In.

Good Luck on the Red - I nearly pulled the trigger on a Red/RedRock - I like the red the most in FULL sunlight.
    Yes, but how *specifically* do you get below invoice? :mad: MSRP is – and it’s always been - irrelevant. Edmunds.com :) (the best car website!), Consumer Reports (good, but vague), et al . have been preaching that for years… It's exactly how it is called: a "sticker* price (as in, just a Mickey Mouse *sticker* that you toss away). Totally irrelevant for knowledgeable buyers, so any reference to it is equally irrelevant.

$11k below invoice on a new Sequoia? No big deal! Take MSRP ($46k), at invoice ($40k) minus $5k (manu rebates), and there's the $11k off MSRP. That takes a few seconds to agree upon these days. How do you get$2-3k off this, since the dealer agrees to start right there anyway? Telling them “no one’s buying them”? Well, you’re there, waiting to buy one… :confuse:

At the moment, that’s all that matters: you want something they have. And they will take advantage of it. How do you counter that, with factual numbers? :confuse:

The only price that matters is invoice. How do you get *below* invoice? That's what I'm asking. Holdback? OK, how do you play with that? What else? How do you quantify it? Sellers try to overwhelm you with basic math. A kinder 5-year-old can outsmart them in no time, since they already have more education than them anyway. You can toss that away in a snap if you know the facts. That's what I'm asking. Facts. Numbers that are relevant.

Btw, the Sequoia’s red is Cassis Pearl. Even Toyota’s salespeople can’t get it right: they keep saying “Classic Pearl” even after you corrected them x times… The person they fear the most, their GM (their boss) probably can’t correct them either.

Thanks for your insight. This is for my wife btw...
    mexi-

For example - I used MSRP because to date the 12K below MSRP was one of the best posted deals. So that's where I started since the vehicles I was looking at - 4X4 PLATINUMS only have a couple of MSRP's (- silly TRD add's etc...). I see how this could get more interesting if you were piecing together a base SR5.

I knew exactaly (within a hundred dollars) that the Platinum's that I was looking at would MSRP for in the 58,900 range to 59,600 range (They either would have the Matt and Seal package w/first aid kit or not - again listed on the STICKER). After looking at over 30 such vehicles in 3 different states (PHX,LV,CA) the MSRP's were IDENTICAL - again within a hundred bucks. My GOAL was not to buy a car under INVOICE - it was to buy the Platinum for the LOWEST price possible so in my case I knew where Invoice was but my negotiations were roughly 12K off MSRP. When they had AUTO start or the TRD Package it was listed on the MSRP (WINDOW SITCKER) - easy enough just to subtract thoese items that I did not want and go back to the 11 to 12K off....

Ok - Back to your question about how to get it 2 K below the "BEST PRICE" - you simply offer it and walk away.... Take the numbers you put together and drop 2K - offer and walk.

If they accept your offer then you know you paid too MUCH - its that SIMPLE. I had three such offers that I knew were too low because I was allowed to WALK from the dealership w/out any questions. I was dealing with the Sales Manager or GM in all cases. Actually in one case the SM handed me off to another Sales person but was at the table when I gave my best and final.

When I finally negotiated an accepted offer I knew I could get a bit more so I pushed for the 7 year 100K Toyota Care warranty to be thrown in... Got to the finance person and I think he was really surprised that someone would walk from the deal so far into the process.... I ended up paying 100 bucks for the 7/100K warranty.

Finally - how not to get caught up in Seller VS Buyer.... I must admit at the very end I could see that I was getting a bit caught up but I blaim that on the fact that there were fewer and fewer Platinum's in the color's that I wanted available.... and I was so entrenched in the process that I knew I was going to buy and buy soon.

If you are not looking at Platinum's - then I would not worry about it a bit - nor would I rush it a bit. 08 SR5 (TONS TONS) - Limited (LOTS). With Fanny and Freddy added on top of an already sketchy economy I bet things will get WORSE and Sequoia's will have to come down even more.

Remember this is supposed to be FUN (If you like these kinds of things)- You have the $ buy the car that you want - you get to really see how low the vehicle can be purchased for because you are in there offering and either getting the deal accepted or going on to the next one...

On the RED - I refuse to call it "C A SS II SS " - its a RED - actually Burgandy color that at the end of the day IMO kinda makes the Sequoia look like a DODGE SUV in poor light. BUT BUT If your WIFE likes it then its the BEST color :-) I was willing to take the color on a unit that had RedRock interior but my wife was not enthusiastic.
    Thank you for sharing your experience. Now I see why you referred to MSRP. And I also learned about this 7 year/100k Toyota Care warranty, which I wasn't aware of. That's a nice token for me to add at the end, because I do plan to keep it for 4-5 years, more if it lives up to Toyota's reliability record (which it should).

So here's what I'll try for that Sequoia LTD: invoice price - manu rebates ($4500), including 0% financing for 48 months (with some $$$ down if that helps), 7 year/100k Toyota Care warranty, and of course, full tank at no charge and a few free oil changes vouchers, which I throw at the last minute ;). I'll actually start at a lower offer (like invoice - $3k), and gradually move up.

I'd be surprised not to get it in this economy. I got my local Nissan dealership selling 2009 Armada at $2k below invoice minus $5k manu rebates, and that's their starting offer. I would go for the Armada if it was more reliable.

Btw, I still don't know how they can discount below invoice (excluding the manu rebates)... :confuse:
  • white4white4 Member Posts: 5
    Xier,
    I am in the market as well for a Sequoia, and agree with your points from Mexi, but it would really be helpful to understand the economics of a dealer selling for $2k below invoice. Is it the holdback? Does anyone know what that is from Toyota on a Sequoia? It would be the only logical reason ... and it streamlines the negotiations if as a buyer you can say you know exactly the amount of their holdback. I was recently negotiating on a Yukon Denali XL and the salesperson quoted $1200 below invoice (after GM employee pricing and after $5k in rebates) ... he showed me a printout that had another $2601 in profit. The list was about $54k, so this was almost 5% of MSRP. He was giving $1200 of it up and keeping $1400. Knowing this info (or how to obtain it) would be very helpful in negotiations and reducing the time element of negotiations. So many of the dealers think you are stupid and won't even quote the full cash-back deal ... I had one tell me it was $3k, I had to remind him it was $3k + $1.5k. Anyone out there know of the dealer holdback on Toyota Sequoia, or any other hidden incentive from Toyota?
    Good Luck Mexi- I would think a deal like this may be possible on SR5's because there are so many on the lot. Let us know how it goes on the LTD!

In terms of Below Invoice - I was told by two dealers that they had approx 2.5 percent in holdback on the Sequoia - I was also told by one GM that he was willing to give me 1.5K of the hold back on my deal but his overall price was several K over the 12K off MSRP deals I was working from. I have also been told that if they move the V8's they get V4's - IE - cars they can actually sell.... Who really knows how/why they can/do sell under invoices after rebates but we know that some dealers do. The KEY is for you to find the ones that do and the only way to do this is to Make the Offer and see.
    Mexi - So how did it go?
  • dookie86dookie86 Member Posts: 6
    I'm about to pull the trigger on a new Platinum, but wanted any feedback. I've read all of the recent posts here. I'm in the Chicago area. MSRP is $59,045. Pretty much fully loaded. In my area Toyota is offering either $3K + $1K = $4K cash back OR $1K and 0% for 60. You can't get the $3K if you finance. Dealer will sell the vehicle for $47,500 OR $50,500 with 0%. I compute invoice at $52,417. I might try to get a couple accessories in the deal, but this seem consistent with other posts. I want Platinum for a few reasons and there are not many of them. I've already compromised on color. Any and all thoughts much appreciated. BTW, I compared mainly to QX which I can get for $54,500 with 0% for 72. Thanks.
  • kmrbostonkmrboston Member Posts: 4
    dookie86 - i'm also in the chicago area...what dealer are you working with?

i've contacted a couple and Libertyville Toyota was giving initial quotes over email at $1500 under invoice without negotiation for their SR5's and Ltd's about a month ago.
    quoted a loaded Ltd 4x4 with nav, rear DVd, power hatch with a MSRP $54,295 at $46,200. that's not including the $5000 rebate/cash back they were offering before labor day.

we just weren't ready to pull the trigger, but the deal seemed on par with some of the other deals posted.
    Dookie - the deal sounds about as good as it has been for the Platinum.... That's the problem with the Platinum's - I was told they are less than 1 percent of total sequoia production (not sure this is true) and as we know there are not as many left - especially if you are set on a color...

I never looked at the QX - actually did not like the look of the Nissan version but I love GADGETS and I hear the QX has some must have's (Keyless is one).

Btw - what color did you want - what one are you settling for?
    Thanks for the feedback. Wife doesn't like black or white or graphite interior and she is the primary driver for this one. "Settling" for Desert Sand Mica. Closest Toyota dealer to me has no platinums.

Advantages of QX versus Sequoia Platinum in my humble opinion are more "bling," keyless fob entry, interior much nicer with wood in dash, better and more leather, better NAV system, CD burn option. But you gotta like the exterior look. Advantages of Platinum are better room in 3rd row, better designed 2nd and 3rd row, very nice center console, Toyota quality, and less expensive. Ultimately decided the advantages of QX were not as important for us and have owned Toyota before.

kmrboston: yes, Libertyville also. They've got 3 Platinums if not mistaken. I'm sure the Internet price quoted included all of the cash rebates. The $5,000 is now $4,000 in Chicago area.
    I'm with you on the Plain White - but I have never seen a Platinum in the Arctic White -- only in the Pearl which I actually like. I 2 ended up with the Desert Sand (I call it GOLD) and really like the color. Originally Wife liked this color and the Pearl White but when it came time to "PULL the Trigger" Desert sand it was.... for some reason I was KEYED on getting a below 8 mile car... and the Gold had 2 miles on it so I was sold.... had looked at a Pearl but at 100 miles and in rough condition it was no go.

QX- Good thing I did not look at the QX - I may have been sold on the interior and options as I tend towards Gadgets. Ultil I got serious about buying a Platinum I could have been swayed -- but once I was in the thick of it a Platinum Sequoia was buy that would work.

I did not realize they changed the rebate -- when I purchased it was 4K + 1K Cash Back. Which part did they reduce?
    Now 3K + 1K cash back or 1K + 0% for 60.

Glad to hear you are happy with Desert Sand.
    Interesting they would reduce the rebate.... perhaps they are selling through at a better clip than forcasted -- although I find this hard to believe.

I like 72MO/Zero on the QX - that's the kind of financing I'm talking about...
  • kmrbostonkmrboston Member Posts: 4
    dookie86 - yes, the internet price that they have listed on their website includes the rebates...about $11-12K below MSRP on their Ltds. i was quoting a spec. sheet the dealer had emailed and subsequent phone calls made, but they couldn't find the color combo with options we wanted. plus we felt rushed with only a couple days before their 'clearance' event ended.

we were hoping for more incentives, but it's been a disappointment. hoping it gets better as the '09s roll out. we'd like to buy before baby #3 comes and we run out of room in the 4runner.

are the sequoias moving in the midwest? i certainly haven't seen a lot of the road in the chicago area. the incentives here didn't seem as enticing as other regions... $5500 cash back in san diego, 0% for 72 months in the southeast, $6000 cash back in boston! (all places we have lived in the past couple of years, so i was curious)
  • zcygnusxzcygnusx Member Posts: 3
    Purchased a 2008 Sequoia Limited 6 months ago. No problems and just had it in for the 5000 mile service..

One question however, there is a small round light built ino the botom of my side view mirrors that i assume would illuminate down towards the running boards. I cannot find any info in the manual on how they turn on, etc... ? I have never seen them on with marker lights, interior lights etc...

any ideas on this?
  • zcygnusxzcygnusx Member Posts: 3
    You did not mention what engine you have ? 4.7 or 5.7 ?

I guess those winds are treating you well sir, cause my platinum ( 5.7) has never seen better than 15.8 yet..... I average 14 between local and highway...
    Plat 5.7 Here - and on 3rd tank and am happy being in the 14's.... think High was in the 15's but had a good bit of freeway on that tank. Overall not unhappy with the fuel economy -- I just look at 08 MDX's on the road and know they get a bit less than my BIG V8 :-) and all worries about gas go away...
    I agree there does not seem to be too many '08 Sequoias on the road in Chicago area, but here are the national facts. Toyota sold 3,195 Sequoias in August, UP 86% from a year ago. Year-to-date they sold 22,562 Sequoias, UP 38% from 2007. That does not sound like a vehicle that is struggling as much as people say it is. To be fair, last year was probably lower than expected as buyers waited for the new model to be introduced. But for all of 2006 Toyota sold 34,315 Sequoias, so 2008 can't be viewed as disappointing.

There are very, very limited numbers of Platinums with the scheduled Toyota plant shutdown now underway. Before I bought in L'ville I checked six surrounding dealers and four did not have a single Platinum. Happy hunting.
    Dookie - did you pull the trigger?
    yeah, I did the deal I posted earlier. Now that we've had it for a few days I really like the Desert Sand color. Kids and wife love it!
    Congrats - Did you have the mat+first aid package and Laser Cruise?

Did you opt for the 47.5 or 50.5 option? Were you able to get them to throw in any accessories - how about the 7/100 warranty?

I'm about to pull the trigger on a new Platinum, but wanted any feedback. I've read all of the recent posts here. I'm in the Chicago area. MSRP is $59,045. Pretty much fully loaded. In my area Toyota is offering either $3K + $1K = $4K cash back OR $1K and 0% for 60. You can't get the $3K if you finance. Dealer will sell the vehicle for $47,500 OR $50,500 with 0%. I compute invoice at $52,417. I might try to get a couple accessories in the deal, but this seem consistent with other posts. I want Platinum for a few reasons and there are not many of them. I've already compromised on color. Any and all thoughts much appreciated. BTW, I compared mainly to QX which I can get for $54,500 with 0% for 72. Thanks.
    Has anyone had success recently getting $2-$2.5k below invoice and 0% financing? Earlier this week I made a crazy low offer to a dealer near Atlanta that I've been talking to for a few weeks now. I told the saleswoman that I'm in no hurry to purchase but if I was offered a deal I couldn't pass up, I'd jump on the deal. She invited me to make an offer so I offered $36k OTD and 0% financing, for a Limited 2WD w/nav. It's been a couple of days with no response, maybe I'll hear something by Monday. If this doesn't work out I've found a couple of low mileage used QX56's to look at.
  • sbell4sbell4 Member Posts: 446
    iontrap said....."It's been a couple of days with no response, maybe I'll hear something by Monday. If this doesn't work out I've found a couple of low mileage used QX56's to look at."

I will help you out and answer for her.....go ahead and take a look at the couple of low mileage QX56 and let her know if there is anything she can do for you in the future.

oh, and thank you for your time and the opportunity.
    You may be correct, I did take a look at an 07 this morning, it was very nice! The only question I now have is do I want a 2nd row bench seat or bucket seats. The biggest advantage the Sequoia has is the engine!
  • zabrogerzabroger Member Posts: 6
    I made the drive from Albuquerque to Phoenix this past week to pick up my 2008 Sequoia SR5 4x4 with 5.7 engine. The two ABQ dealers are owned by the same person and are known for not negotiating with you. I called Camelback Toyota in PHX to ask about a Sequoia they had listed on their website. They emailed the specs with a price of $33,900. Sold!!! That’s with the $4000 rebate they currently have going. In addition to the options listed above, its white with grey cloth interior, towing package, cold weather package, back up camera, standard radio (but still sounds pretty good) and tinted windows all the way around. As for MPG, we had to keep it under 65 mph all the way back for the engine break in period. Coming through the mountains just outside of PHX, we got 17 mpg. That’s with 6 and 7 degree inclines / declines. Once we got on the open and mostly flat highway, still keeping it under 65 mph, we got an impressive 20.9 mpg. So far, I love this vehicle, a ton of room inside for passengers and cargo, lots of power to muscle your way up the mountains and the 6 speed transmission is smooth and refined.
  • dyangdyang Member Posts: 4
    Folks,
    I just purchased a SR5 4x4 and drove for about 135 miles (local and Highway mix). The Accessory meter keeps showing 10.4 MPG. Is this display accurate? I see some posts here for 18 or 19 MPG. Is anything wrong with my new car? Appreciated if you can share some experience with me.

thanks
  • zabrogerzabroger Member Posts: 6
    I'm not sure what to tell you. I didn't get the MPG read out on my Sequoia so I'm having to do it by hand. Probably not as accurate as the computer read out but its the best that I can do on mine. I already posted what I figured, 20.9 Highway, under 65 mph. From previous post, people are getting better MPG once they break in the engine, hopefully yours will do better in the near future.
    Congrats on your purchase. Buying in Albuquerque is a pain in the [non-permissible content removed] - too small of a town for any real competition... Been there and done that.

MPG - Foks tend to average 13 to 14 in town and 17-19 on Highway... I'm on my 3rd tank (08 4X4 Plat) and my high was 18 with 99 percent Highway and 14 with Mixed.

10 Sounds a bit low -

When you say accessory meter - I have a Plat so I'm assuming you are using the built in computer? -- That's where my readings are coming from. I did not realize this is an "ADD/Option".

-------------------
    Folks,
    I just purchased a SR5 4x4 and drove for about 135 miles (local and Highway mix). The Accessory meter keeps showing 10.4 MPG. Is this display accurate? I see some posts here for 18 or 19 MPG. Is anything wrong with my new car? Appreciated if you can share some experience with me.

thanks
    Iron - what was Invoice on the model you offered on?
    I believe invoice on the Limited is $43,658 with these options:
    5.7L engine
    Leather
    Nav
    2WD
    Roof Racks
    Fog lights
    Running boards
    Auto dimming mirror with Homelink

Got a reply saying they couldn't do the $36k OTD on the Limited but could do it on an SR5 with the same equipment listed above accept JBL instead of Nav. Invoice on this, according to Edmunds, is $36,515 and this is with 0%.
    How does this deal on the SR5 sound?
  • dyangdyang Member Posts: 4
    Thanks for the reply.

Mine is SR5 5.7 4x4. I read the manul again after I posted this question. There are two MPG can be displayed when you press the INFO button. One is AVG MPG, the other is INST MPG. Today I reset the AVG MPG and drive a few miles local, now it is better: it shows 12.5 ~ 13.5 AVG MPG. I feel much better :)
  • saramaddiesaramaddie Member Posts: 19
    I'm looking to purchase a 08 LTD which has an msrp of $55,900. I was hoping to get near invoice or around $50,000 since dealers are clearing them out in anticipation of 2009. Is it reasonable to expect the $4000 rebate (assuming I don't use the 0% financing) in addition for a final price around $46,000?
    Iron - Depending on what your tax rate is 36OTD on that would be a good deal. If you can live w/out having the limited decal on the side then I'd say go for it.

Or - you could ask for their best offer on the Limited if you really want Limited. In general 12K under MSRP was near the best number posted - that was w/out Zero Percent.
    You should be able to get it for 4K under invoice w/out the Zero Percent. Again posted above 10 to 12K under MSRP has been a target for folks looking for best deal w/out zero.

Cashback when I purchased was 1K - and it was taken off the total purchase - I actually had to pay "TAX" on this amount - and I have heard that others have had to as well... Pita.
    Here are the details of the offer I was given. Tell me what you think. I'm going to ask them to FedEx me the paperwork signed by the sales manager before I make the 3 hour trip. My tax rate is 7%.

SR5 2WD with these options: 5.7L engine, leather seats, power driver seat, JBL 6 disk changer, roof rack, fog lights, running boards, auto dimming mirror with Homelink. You will pay off my last remaining lease payments of approximately $1647.49 and accept my offer of $36,000 OTD with 0% financing for 72 months and I will pay my end of lease fee.
  • mjg12345678mjg12345678 Member Posts: 1
    This site was very helpful to me so I thought I would let you know the deal I got at David Maus Toyota in Sanford, FL. (Just north of Orlando)

2008 Toyota Sequoia Limited
    Paid $43,750 out the door. No trade. Options: Leather; floor mats; Moonroof; navigation; rear backup camera/sonar; roof rack; automatic trunk; running boards; electric rear fold down seats; center DVD; rear spoiler; captain chairs second row. Lots of other little stuff that is either standard or small options on the Limited. I think I covered the biggies.

Hope this helps someone.
  • harshvedaharshveda Member Posts: 17
    Please share your experience, if anybody bought in and around Atlanta, GA
  • 4midlifecrisis4midlifecrisis Member Posts: 2
    Hi! Wonder if toyota would ever offer rebate plus 0 percent APR if they end up with still too many 08 sequoias as the new year draws near. I got my running shoes ready and pointed to the closest dealership just in case.