Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota Sequoia Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• sequoiasoonsequoiasoon Member Posts: 223
    Sent you an e-mail.
  • lee1lee1 Member Posts: 2
    All Southern Toyota dealers charge $575 for handling, is this firm. Dealer offer was 36,600 on MRSP of 40,750, any thoughts. What about rebates & incentives for next month (JUNE)
  • t1m4dt1m4d Member Posts: 2
    I'm in the market for a new Toytoa Sequoia SR5. It has to have 4WD and a sunroof. Other than those options I would take just a stock vehicle. I would appreciate any advice or instruction. I have never bought a new vehicle before so am inexperienced when it comes to beating salemen up.The local Toyota dealer is unwilling to negotiate and most of his vehicles are limiteds that are loaded. I'm in the NYC area and I will travel for a good deal. Thanks,
  • lee1lee1 Member Posts: 2
    Just bought Sequoia MSRP 40,750 dealer sold for 500 over invoice 36,500.
    Use internet to get pricing down (drive out price) between dealers.
    Then take that price to local dealer and talk to general manager.
    How far are you willing to travel? Search on my pasts posts and see what I did. Most of the dealers stock what they can sell the most of (obviously a good idea). The region gets what the area demands. Everybody around here seems to want leather, sunroof, 4WD so that's it. Down south it's hard to get 4WD because everybody wants 2WD.

Edmunds has great info for the pricing etc. so you know what a good deal is. I knew the options I wanted exactly and priced it here and got the TMV of what everybody else was paying. My dealer (Fred Anderson in Raleigh NC) ordered what I wanted and beat the TMV as the initial offer. I was happy with that, no need to beat up an honest salesman who needs to make a living also. The local NY dealers told me load leveling rear end was not an "available" option even though the brochure listed it. Surprise! Fred Anderson had some SR5's in stock with load leveler (but not my color at the time) so he ordered it. I brought it to the NY dealer for my first service and they were dumbfounded that I got exactly what I wanted. The look on their face was priceless when they realized they lost almost 40K because these couple options were "not available". You can also try PA dealers because they are in a different region (Central Atlantic) as opposed to NY region, New England, Southern States are some of the others.
  • aggiedogaggiedog Member Posts: 238
    Unless you like the headache of the haggle, try carmax.com. Check in the Washington/Baltimore area. That's only about a 4 hour drive from NYC. They have some Sequoia's that are a few dollars under invoice. Another no-haggle dealer in this area is Fitzgerald's automall (www.fitzmall.com). At fitz you can actually buy the car online and go pick it up. You may find a better price if you haggle but if you don't want the aggravation, just go to one of those guys and pick out what you want. They will have virtually all 4wd's.
  • bjacksonbjackson Member Posts: 6
    Thanks to everyone who participates in this message board. Some great buying information here. I am in the market for a Sequioa SR5 4x2 with CQ, DR, KE, LF, RL, PM Preferred Package. Looking to purchase in the Houston, Texas area. I am thinking that with current gas prices the dealers would be willing to sell at up to $500 below invoice and take their profit from the remaining holdback. Does the group think this is realistic? Also, does anyone in the group think that Toyota will come out with factory rebates in the next short while on 2004 models? Or is this only likely to happen late in the year to clear out the last few 2003 models. Any buying advice is appreciated. Thanks everyone!
  • madcat1madcat1 Member Posts: 1
    I'm buying a 2004 Limited and am looking at the pricing sheet.There is a line item for Dealer processing and handling for $575 on both the invoice and MSRP pricing. Also there is an Administration charge for $575 ONLY on the MSRP pricing. Should I be paying both in using the MSRP price?
  • nescovinnescovin Member Posts: 24
    Folks,

Had the worst experience at Thomason toyota, Oregon. They quoted an invoice price on the phone for an SR5 .
    Guess I should've asked for that in writing.
    Wasted 4 hours haggling. They offerred me a horrible trade in price for my 02 Buick Rendezvous which is a pretty loaded car with 3rd row seat, leather and all. They wanted invoice + 3000 for the Sequoia. That was their last offer. Except they kept me waiting 4 hours before mentioning that.

All in all walked away, feeling really bad having wasted most of a Sunday with these morons.

Stay away from them. Really the worst possible customer service.
  • mksmks Member Posts: 3
    I bought brand new SR5 4wd 2004 toyota sequoia for $36,800. MSRP was $42,756 and invoice price was $37,337.

Here is the options I got:
    AH alloy wheel package 1.
    PM Prefered Package includes leather.
    LF Front Fog & Driving Lamps.
    RL Daytime running lights.
    GY Driver and passanger curtain & side airbags.
    CQ Convience package
    KE Keyless entry
    DR Roof Rack w/Rails
    SR Power Tilt/Slide Moonroof
    EJ JBL Premium.
    C7 Convience package
    HP hood protector
  • nancymennnancymenn Member Posts: 16
    Just wondering where you got your SR5 4WD. I also assume that the $36,800 included all the listed options. Sounds like a good deal to me. Enjoy!
    I bought this from Sansone's route 1 toyota in Avenal, NJ.
    Would you be willing to email me that salesman's name at this dealership? I would like to contact them. Also, please send phone number and/or email address. Thanks so much!
    Please clarify: the price you paid ($36,800) was the base price plus options? That was not the OTD price, was it? I still believe you got a good deal and I'm willing to fly somewhere for a good deal. Thanks for your help!
    I'm looking for recommendations of Toyota dealers in Macon/Atlanta, GA area. Anyone? Also, I'm willing to drive or fly for a good deal, so if you can have had a good OR bad experience, I would appreciate knowing. Private emails are also welcome!
    $36,800 was the final price I paid including options + tax + tag + license fees.
  • gwdsequoiagwdsequoia Member Posts: 4
    I live in Jensen Beach Florida and am dealing with Toyota of Stuart. Today I settled on a '04 SR5 2WD with the following options:

Fuel Surcharge
    Leather Faced Seats
    Daytime Running Lights
    50 State Emissions
    Power Tilt/Slide Moonroof
    Fog Lamps
    Rear Spoiler
    Roof Rack w/Rails
    Keyless Entry System
    Allow Wheel Package #2
    Convenience Package
    JBL Premium 6 Disc/10 speaker System

MSRP: $38,984.00 (incl. Delivery)
    INVOICE: $34,371.00
    SELLING PRICE: $34,397.00 (Before TT&L)

Spent about 25 minutes talking numbers with them. Everything went smooth since they advertise the selling price on their website. There was really nothing to negotiate. I, and they, were such an easy sale. I do wonder how much better I could have done if I were 1/2 Drew Rosenhaus. But I'm not and am happy with this deal nonetheless.
  • klinklin Member Posts: 54
    Hi all,

Could any recommend a good dealer?

Also appreciate the price you paid.

Thanks
  • mark29mark29 Member Posts: 6
    I have notice rebates in TX & AZ (Southwest Region ?) of $750 for SR5 & $1250 for the Limited. I am in the Southeast region. Do you think these rebates will make it my way any time in the near future ?

Thanks,

Mark
    Have seen no rebate offers here in Georgia. Sorry.
  • t1m4dt1m4d Member Posts: 2
    There is a similar rebate in the DC area. I'm thinking of going for a drive. I'm in the NYC area and we do not have it.
    We just bought a 2004 Sequoia, 4WD, TR5 from a dealer 90 miles from our home in Marietta, GA. Did all the pricing on the internet before talking on the phone. Was easy and found better price than any local dealer, even after we gave them an opportunity to meet or beat the price. Internet is the way to go!!!
    Sorry...meant to type SR5, not TR5.....!
  • jdomin95762jdomin95762 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Klin:
    I'm in the market for a Sequoia Limited 4x4 and right now the dealers in the Sacramento area are quoting $100 over invoice. For a nicely equipped vehicle.

FE,GY,QA,HY,EJ,RF,E5,7R,32,HP
    Before TT&L: $42,007

Do you think that's a good price?
  • chetgchetg Member Posts: 3
    Hi tom1,

I'm currently shopping for a Sequoia as well but i have interest on Limited 2WD.I really am planning to buy by year end hopefully the 2005 model is available for test drive soon. (However, i would not mind a 4x4 Limited.) I wanted to ask what was your Total price (out the door $price) including the extended warranty for 7 yrs. Thanks for sharing your experience in buying your SUV. Sounds like you got a good deal. Do u mind sharing the info. on tax rate in your neighborhood? I live in Tempe AZ but not sure what they charge here for taxes on vehicle purchase. I've done most of my research on Edmunds and am very pleased to learn that it does WORK. Looking forward for your reply and other great experience in car buying that you've had.

Thanks,
    chetg
  • malephousmalephous Member Posts: 1
    Purchased a Toyota SR5 Sequoia with:
    Leather Seat Package
    DVD Entertainment System
    JBL Premium 3in1 w/ 10 Speakers
    Alloy Wheel Package #2
    Convenience Package
    Fog Lamps
    Keyless Entry
    Rear Spoiler
    Roof Rack
    Daytime Running Lights
    Toyo Guard Protection Group (This is an option I would have rather opted out of)

Total: 35,900.00. According to the dealership, 20 bucks under Invoice. I would have gotten the $750 rebate in addition, but opted for 36 months with zero down and zero interest. I was on the fence on this one, but the zero down/interest seemed like a pretty good incentive.

What do you think?
  • vargvarg Member Posts: 12
    Jdomin,

Where in Sacramento have you looked? Roseville, Folsom, Maita, or Elk Grove? I am in the market for a 2004 limited 4X4. Thanks!
  • petro33petro33 Member Posts: 192
    I ahve purchased three new toyotas from Miata on Auburn Blvd. While they take the usual 2 hours of negotiation, they will make a fair deal. They always started out lower than sticker and eliminated some of the arguing that is the usual fair for some other dealers. Worked with some at Foslom Lake Toyota but their price was just to high, their service dept is top notch.
  • dowdydldowdydl Member Posts: 3
    Does anyone know of any dealers in the San Antonio or surrounding area that are willing to sell a Sequoia Limited for the TMV. At least within $500 of the TMV. Your responses are greatly appreciated.
  • carpoolmomcarpoolmom Member Posts: 2
    Just drove the 2005 SR5 in Denver. Several dealers have one now. Ask local dealers, however several dealers we called said they didn't have any (sales people didn't know) and weren't expecting them until October. When we went in to drive the 2004 another salesperson said that they got one in the day before. It was an SR5.

carpoolmom
    2004 SR5
    Wheel pkg 2
    Conv pkg
    Mats
    Daytime lights
    Fog Lamps
    Keyless
    Leather
    Moonroof
    Rear Spoiler
    Roof Rack Rails
    JBL prem 6 disc

List 38,984
    Paid 34,802
    Rebate 750
    Net cost 34,205 plus TTL
    About $180 over invoice or $567 under invoice with the rebate. The dealer had to get the vehicle from another dealer, pay transport
    cost and I think a small fee to Toyota.
  • nuginugi Member Posts: 4
    I'm writing about my experience with Capitol Toyota in San Jose, Ca. Recently bought a beautiful Sequoia 4x4 limited will all the options at $280 below there MSRP with all the goodies. Final price was $41,500 not including tax and license. I'm very happy with the car and the sales person that helped me. However during the finance stage we got mislead and deceived into purchasing a Toyota Platinum 7yr/100k. They said the list price was $3995 for the warranty and $1025 for the paint/interior warranty, and $995 for Low jack. I was only interested in the Platinum warranty but not for $4k. He said they're having a special and could throw in paint/interior warranty. I still said no thanks, then he threw in the Lowjack stating that he would throw it in as well even though I didn't buy the required maintenance agreement, but I would have to buy the extended warranty at $3995. The whole time we were under the impression that the warranty was $3995 and everything else we were getting for free. We thought that was fair at the time considering all we wanted was the warranty anyways, the other stuff was cool add on's. To be even more deceptive, during the signing of the paperwork, he even made it a point to stated that he had to put in that we paid regular price for the paint and lowjack warranty, because he couldn't leave it blank and will take off the difference in the warranty, because it would work out the same price. We said sure, and signed away.

Right away did went home and realized I got "jacked" I didn't do my homework on that and trusted the finance guy when he said that all Toyota dealerships offer all the same thing at the same price for the "Platinum" warranty, when I asked him that I heard that people were paying around $1000 to $1600 for these extended warranties, he assured me that they were not the "Platinum warranty". Come to find out the other dealers Toyota.com's MSRP for Platinum Service 7yr/100,000 was $1650, and after reading a few post here I come to find that people are still paying way less than that at certain dealerships. After I went reviewed my contract with the dealership I realized that he had actually charged me for the paint/warranty and low jack under the "Accessories column. The column that specifically says "not cancelable" and discounted the Warranty to $2000 so the total would come out to $3995. And of course, when I went back to the dealership to ask that it be removed, they gave me the run around saying that they can only remove the warranty, but can do nothing about the paint/interior warranty, and lowjack. Can't remove it from the paper work, but yet they haven't even sent out the paperwork out to the bank yet. The finance guy actually didn't even come into work when he found out that we were waiting for him at the dealership. I'm going to talk with the finance director tomorrow to see what he could do. Finally spoke to the he original finance guy said he would give it to us at a reduced cost at $2700, but all I really wanted to give him was a piece of my mind. I will post the outcome as soon as I talk to the finance director. Does anyone know my rights in this matter? I'm I legally bound to the contract. I told him if he didn't give me back my money then, I'm going to show up ever Saturday and Sunday to share my lovely experience with every buyer that goes into the final finance stage.
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    I am not a lawyer but it would seem to me that you cannot be bound by a contract that was negotiated in bad faith and if deception was used in obtaining your agreement.

tidester, host
  • tcarrerotcarrero Member Posts: 1
    Sounds like an excellent deal. Where did you purchase the vehicle?
  • nuginugi Member Posts: 4
    Well I went back and talked to the finance director today, he was much more pleasant. He took off everything we wanted to make us happy, since we were repeat customers. I guess they do believe in customer service there. Ended up buying the 6yr/100k Platium warranty for reduced cost of $1550 and Lo Jack for $600. Now I can actually enjoy the car.
    Nugi,
    Still to late to go back and get warranty taken off? Make a couple phone calls to other dealers. The "true" toyota warranty can be purchased from ANY Toyota dealer. I paid less than $1100 a year ago for 7/100 platinum $0 deductible and have since found other dealers that sell them for cost (which is less than $1,000)! My "local" NY dealers wanted between $1800 and $2400 for non factory Toyota ones. Search on Edmunds and see what happened to Warranty Gold (aftermarket company that went bankrupt leaving MANY customers with no coverage!)
  • carpoolmomcarpoolmom Member Posts: 2
    Was that a 2004 or 2005 limited 4x4?
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    Here's the link: "Warranty Gold" Claims

tidester, host
  • newbeenewbee Member Posts: 1
    Thanks for all the messages on 2004 Limited 4x4 Sequoias. They were very helpful.

After contacting several dealers by fax and internet, we bought today the following:

2004 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4x4

> RL - Daytime Running Lights
    > GY - Side Airbags
    > RF - Rear Spoiler
    > QA - Rear Load Leveling Suspension
    > FE - 50 State Emissions
    > HY - Rear Seat Audio
    > EJ - JBL Stereo System with CD Changer

MSRP: $46,300

SELLING PRICE: $39,980 + TTL.

The dealership was Copeland Toyota, Inc., of Brockton MA.

I would highly recommend them to anyone considering a car. You can reach them on the internet first!
  • rk4toyotark4toyota Member Posts: 2
    Is this SR5 is 4WD or 2WD
  • rk4toyotark4toyota Member Posts: 2
    Is this SR5 4WD or 2 WD
    2WD
  • mooserun4itmooserun4it Member Posts: 2
    Hi just stumbled upon this terrific board while researching what to pay for a 2004 Sequoia limited. Does anyone have any advice/experience with what dealers actually pay for freight when they are located in Alaska? The Alaska dealer here is trying to charge an extra $3051.00 on top of MSRP - here is the quote I got:

2004 Sequoia Limited:
    Base Price--------->44220.00
    Destination Chg------>540.00
    RL-Daytime Run Lgt---->40.00
    GY-Restraint FR SD--->500.00
    QA-Suspension Rear--->360.00
    HY-Radio Equip Rear-->240.00
    EJ Radio JBL 6cd----->200.00
    RF Rear Spoiler------>200.00
    MSRP with options-->46300.00
    Freight/snow remvl-->3051.00
    Alaska MSRP-------->49351.00
    Sale Price--------->43893.00
    Doc Fee-------------->199.00
    Tag Fee-------------->251.00
    Taxes------------------>0.00
    Factory Rebate----->-1000.00
    Out the Door Price $43,343.00

Crazy, huh! Now everyone on the board can feel like they got a great deal after seeing mine! =)

I can fly down to Washington State and ship it up for about $1,000.00-1,500.00 ! Any good WA dealers anyone has feedback on?
    Thanks!
  • cbrewercbrewer Member Posts: 5
    They had 4 other 05's (selling at invoice) on the lot but not with everything I wanted. I ordered the new pearl white color with every option (over $52,000 window sticker) and bought it for $500 over invoice. All in all I think it was a good deal for everyone. The reason I had to pay $500 over was that they had to order it and it was to be built on 9/10/04. It's supposed to be in by next weekend.
  • raprap Member Posts: 10
    Can anyone recommend a dealer here in Northern California that is willing to stay a little closer to the invoice price? So far, all I have been able to find is dealers wanting $1800 over invoice for a Limited Sequoia 4X4 with almost everything on it (except luxury package).

RP
  • raprap Member Posts: 10
    Does anyone know what the MSRP and Invoice prices for the floor mats option on a Limited Sequoia is?

Thanks.

RP
  • mooserun4itmooserun4it Member Posts: 2
    According to kelley blue book:
    CF Floor mats 5 piece - inv 161.00 msrp 258.00
    (models ex in Southeast regions) (?)not sure why
  • slwinderslwinder Member Posts: 8
    I have looked closely at the 2005 Sequoia. I like the truck except it looks a little dated style-wise and the second row seats don't flow flat, but tumble foward. My salesman acknowledged that it will be re-designed for the 2006 model year. Am I the only one concerned about spending $40,000 plus for a truck (Limited 4x4) that we likely be re-designed next year?
  • cbrewercbrewer Member Posts: 5
    No, you're not the only one. I thought about it too but I'm also not one to get a new car in its first model year. It will likely be a fresher design, have more options, improve certain features, etc. but the price will likely go up as well. I love the look of the current model and with the 40 extra HP and the Nav system, it was time for me to buy. Also, because of the gross weight being over 6000 lbs., the Sequoia can be written off in the first year (section 179 deduction) as long as you use it for work....and don't we all? That's like getting $15,000 back! This rule may or may not be available in 2005 tax year depending on who gets elected, the deficit, etc.
  • lee_wlee_w Member Posts: 239
    Looks like we all have it good compared to Alaska?! But it is worth the beautiful landscape you look at each day, right? Welcome to the board!