Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota Sequoia Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• derekoidderekoid Member Posts: 4
    $42,965.00 out the door with Luxury Package, DVD, Daytime Running Lights and Side Curtain Air Bags. 0% Financing 36 months. Got this on an internet deal 1.5 hrs. from my home. This was by far the smoothest vehicle purchase I have ever had.I sent 1 E-mail and they made the offer within 40 minutes. I did the credit application online and literally spent only 20 minutes at the dealer receiving the vehicle.
  • up2nogdup2nogd Member Posts: 1
    Just wondering what the sticker was?? Looking at virtually the same vehicle but my price was 42K without the DVD. If you could forward me a copy of the options list I would greatly appreciate it.

Johnny in SC
    Hello Johnny,
    The sticker was 45,844.39. I got it for 41,602.37 + 197 Doc Fee + 1149.50 tax + 16.50 Title out the door. Option List - DVD, Carpet/Trunk Mat,JBL 6 CD Changer w/10 speakers, Driver and Passenger Side Airbags and 2nd row curtain air bags, Luxury Package ( I assume you know what this includes but let me know if you don't and I will provide the list), and Daytime running lights. Let me know if you would like any other info.
    Dale
  • niknak1niknak1 Member Posts: 2
    In reply to msg #830 (tbltext) Where did you purchase your Sequoia? I have been trying to get this exact vehicle for a while, and no dealer has it or is offering a decent price. Any info you can give would be great. Does your purchase price include tax, etc..?
  • nicole3nicole3 Member Posts: 3
    Is your car 4X4 or 4X2? and what state did you buy it at? Did you get any rebate?
    Did you get NAVI too?
    4x2, no navigation, bought in Alabama. 0% financing for 36 months.
  • tbltexttbltext Member Posts: 21
    The price I listed did not include tax, and included a 500 rebate, purchased at towne toyota in NJ.

I should also mention I had a coversion van as a trade, so I may have lost out a little...but my gut tells me I got a good deal.
  • budinctbudinct Member Posts: 21
    I am looking at a 2005 SR5 4x4 with preferred package, alloy#1, cd chnager, sunroof, roof rack, airbags, keyless, fog, DRL, cargo cover, conv. pckg for $38525 which inc. dest, TTL extra. Good deal? No other dealer comes close. Too good to be true?
  • pgasink1pgasink1 Member Posts: 1
    Where in Alabama. I am in the Birmingham area and want similar options. What dealership?
  • niknak1niknak1 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the info :)
  • hokieman92hokieman92 Member Posts: 2
    I just got my Sequoia for a price of $35200 (everything except for taxes/tags) for a 2005 SR5 4WD w/ minimal options (sun roof, 17" wheel package, conv package, roof rack, keyless, fog lights, wheel locks, floor mats, curtain airbags/side airbags). I feel like this was a good price, any opinions?

Budinct: Your price sounds pretty good to me but not great.
  • budinctbudinct Member Posts: 21
    I have been able to get 3 dealers to move off my $38k price. Did you get preferred package, DRL, CD changer?

Toyota makes is very difficult to compare deals since they offer so many packages?
  • hokieman92hokieman92 Member Posts: 2
    I got the DRL but not the other two. The only thing I could base my statement on was what I paid, other than that I don't know a whole lot (hence my post to begin with). It seems you paid $3200+ more than I did. Just taking a look at what the preferred pack and the cd changer cost (est $2500) and also factoring in I got the 17" wheel pack it seems they have some wiggle room. My price also included all the nonsense fees they throw on at the end (processing, etc). However, it may be that's the best you're going to get in your area of the country. I'm in DC so nothing's cheap around here either!
  • arshadarshad Member Posts: 1
    Toyota Sequoia SR5, 4x2

Black exterior (that was the only color I was considering).
    Extra options added to the vehicle:
    PG - Privacy glass
    KE- Keyless Entry
    DJ- JBL AM/FM/Cass/CD w/10 speakers
    ST- 16" Styled steel wheels
    DR- Roof Rack with rails
    CQ- Conveniece package: Power Heated outside mirrors, accessory meter with compass, outside temp gauge, homelink, trip computer
    E5- Exhaust Tip by Valor
    CF- Carpeted floor mats

MSRP $34,939

I paid $29,500 and bought it from:
    North County Toyota in Anaheim, California

The dealership reserved the car for me, i.e. they put a sign in there that it had been sold to a customer, and for any salesman not to try and sell it to anyone. I thought that was really cool. And all the people I met with at the dealership were great and really cool to work with, it was a truly wonderful buying experience. No rude or pushy people. I received price quotes from several dealers (about 8 to 10) in the southern california area and prices varied by as much as $3000. It's amazing how some dealers try and take advantage of buyers. Be sure to shop around before buying your vehicle.
    Moultrie Toyota in Rainbow City ( next to Gadsen).
  • sakssaks Member Posts: 8
    End of January ordered a 2005 Limited 2WD with NAV, LX, side air bags, rear spoiler, daytime running lights, wind deflector, WL, PV & WT in artic frost. Vehicle is due to arrive today! Paid $41,523 after $750 rebate. $44,405 out the door. I'm interested in possibly having some after market items installed such as a DVD and the Gold Package. Any thoughts on after market items? Also considering the Platinum 6 year warranty for $900. Is this a good deal? Thanks in advance for your comments.
  • nicole3nicole3 Member Posts: 3
    Sounds like a good deal. please tell me where you bought it and how much was your incentive? I am looking for a 2005 Limited as well. Thanks.
  • sakssaks Member Posts: 8
    We ordered the car through a dealer in Houston (Don McGill Toyota). Had a HORRIBLE experience with them so had the car switched over to Red McCombs Toyota in San Antonio. Great salesman there and very nice to work with. Love the car! Ended up purchasing the extended warranty 7yr/100,000 mile for $995.
  • carroyocarroyo Member Posts: 3
    Hello,

I just got me two days ago, Limited with:
    6 CD changer, Side airbags, Daytime running lights, Package E, Door edge guards, Windows tint, Vehicle shield package and rear spoiler.
    MSRP 45,458 Paid 39,500. :surprise:
    I am in Dallas, I emailed about 15 dealers in the metroplex, one in Houston and one Austin, The discount rate went from 6% to 13%. It take time and a lot of email. Some dealers are more aggressive, so you continue with them other are not so aggressive. It the same product just different discount rate.
    I also got prices for SR5, discount rate up to 16%
    I hope that help.
    Carlos
    Hello,

I just got me two days ago, Limited with:
    6 CD changer, Side airbags, Daytime running lights, Package E, Door edge guards, Windows tint, Vehicle shield package and rear spoiler.
    MSRP 45,458 Paid 39,500.
    I am in Dallas, I emailed about 15 dealers in the metroplex, one in Houston and one Austin, The discount rate went from 6% to 13%. It take time and a lot of email. Some dealers are more aggressive, so you continue with them other are not so aggressive. It the same product just different discount rate.
    I also got prices for SR5, discount rate up to 16%
    I hope that help.
    Carlos
  • tcoma99tcoma99 Member Posts: 1
    Hi!

I have been a long time reader, but this is my first time to post. My DH and I are in the quote process for a 2005 SR5 4x2 w/ the following:

Convenience Pkg.
    Extra Mile Option D
    Vehicle Shield Pkg.
    Wheel Pkg #2 (17")
    Fog Lights
    Daytime Running Lights
    Roof Rack
    Permavin Glass Etch
    Radio w/ disc changer
    Curtain and side airbags
    Leather

We are in Houston and the quotes that we have received has been consistently $2K ABOVE invoice ($1300 including the incentive). Compared to other quotes on this forum, I am highly disappointed. Any suggestions/tactics to get the dealers down? All suggestions will be greatly appreciated! Thanks! :)
    I just got my Sequoia, I did a extend research, took me a month. contact about 15 delears.
    In Dallas, the best responses is from Toyota of Vandergriff. Good pirce and very fast all the response.
    They may save you hundres or thousand.
    Carlos
  • frankwnstrat2frankwnstrat2 Member Posts: 1
    My last Sequoia deal fell through.
    The dealer took a deposit and then could not deliver the Sequoia LE as ordered. Something about not meeting their 'obligations' to get their 'allocations' or something like that.
    I'm confused. It wan't about heavy negotiations or anything like that. I don't want to seem like a whiner. I'm just trying to buy a loaded truck for my wife. Gas is gone sky high and sales have slowed down, so I wouldn't think this would be hard, but apparently it is, at least in the NY area.
    Meanwhile, so far I'm out my deposit and have no truck to show for it.
    My first post was deleted because the wording was a little 'strong', but I'm sure you can understand I'm a bit peeved.
    Anybody have a high-voume reliable dealer in the tri-state area that will deliver on a contract rather than wasting my time again?
    barry
  • tbltexttbltext Member Posts: 21
    try towne toyota, in New Jersey, gave me a decent deal and back in March they had a few on the lot.
  • standymomstandymom Member Posts: 2
    Want a 2005 Sequoia with: privacy glass, sunroof, dvd. How do I find out the exact package I need without paying for one I don't. Also, should I start with the SR5 and add on to get the options I want or the Limited and work backwards? Any dealer recommendation in Maryland? Should I use the internet 1st or dealer? Thanks - sorry so many questions.
  • standymomstandymom Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for information. Do you mind if I ask more? When using the internet what are the first steps? Find out if my local dealer and send an email? I have reviewed their "inventory" online - should I pick one and ask of a quote. Or, let them know the options and packages I'm looking for and let them pick one. Lastly, test drive before I email or wait until I have a quote. Thanks again.
  • tanakasantanakasan Member Posts: 7
    What I did (not necessarily correct!) is I went to internet sites such as this one to read actual owners comments and tips. The various "new car" sites will allow you to see available options and see the msrp/invoice pricing. You need this info to know what options are trim level/package only items and which can be had as individual options to decide which you really need.

Then I actually test drove a Sequoia and 4Runner at the closest dealer. I was not quite sure which would suit my needs better. Sequoia seems better suited for me.

Then go to sites that offer new car pricing. You know those places...or google "new car pricing." Some give you pricing up front, others direct your request to a local dealer. Remember that msrp price quoted at the test drive? The fleet/internet pricing should be closer to invoice than msrp. At least that is what I am finding. Along with these inquiries, I am cold calling dealers-asking for the internet/fleet manager-and see what they have to say as far as pricing/availability. Most cut right to the chase with regards to bottom line price. I have received some very good pricing and referrals from them.

FYI, the 2006's are scheduled for August 18th according to one dealer. They have been a wealth of knowledge regarding flooring fees, the factory's incentive strategies and more.

Also called a few NoCal dealers for a 4wd Ltd. Even with a plane ticket, might be an option! BTW, every region has differing incentives and rebates. Up there, there is no current one for any Sequoias, unlike the $1000 for the SR5 2wd down here in SoCal.
  • toy4metoy4me Member Posts: 13
    Hi all-
    I'm a new member in So Cal who wants to buy a Sequoia LTD for my new blended family. I'd like to see what the 2006 looks like before I buy one. This is the first I've heard of a real date for the 2006. Is your info credible? Does anyone have any further info on the 2006? Will it be restyled, new drive train, etc? Any place I can see a preview? I've read that Lexus is coming out with their version of the Sequoia (called the VX?). If it's not much more, I'd consider that one, too. Does anyone know anything on this? Please let me know whatever you can on both. Thanks!
    standymom,

My last reply was removed. Pls email if you would like more info about Laurel Toyota, MD.
  • smazzy4smazzy4 Member Posts: 16
    If you go to carmax, they will sell you new toyota's through a dealership for less than invoice. www.carmax.com.
    I am in the same situation. Looking for an 05 Ltd 4x4. Wanted to originally option an SR5, as it would be 5k cheaper-minus a few Ltd only goodies that were not crucial, but cannot find any optioned as I need.

I found that you *can* option a vehicle any way you want. Finding it available for sale is the hard part. Dealers seem to get "pre-optioned" packages that differ by region. I am looking in the San Francisco region as 4x4s are hard to find here in So. Cal. Dealers contacted back east they say that this truck (at invoice!) is plentiful. @#%&*#!!!!

The pricing deals are gone with any special order, and you will wait 2~3 months for delivery. Also, any incentives are for the date of sale, not the order. So you have no idea what rebates, if any, will be in effect.

Internet first! Dealers cannot touch the pricing offered. Most dealers I have contacted are quoting well over invoice-closer to msrp and above. The internet connection is quoting right at invoice or slightly less. We have yet to see if it can be delivered!

As far as available options, see the Sequoia pages on this site and go through the "option one yourself" checklist.

Good luck!
  • lumber2lumber2 Member Posts: 184
    Toy4me, any changes are likely to be slight. for 2005 Toyota upgraded the engine and changed the transmission, facelifted the front and replaced the rear lights. A few color changes too.
    Interior could do with updating.
  • bnesti1bnesti1 Member Posts: 1
    Just leased a 2005 Toyota Sequoia (2WD SR5) yesterday in the Atlanta area.

Options:
    - Leather faced seats
    - JBL (with CD changer)
    - Fog lights
    - Roof Rack
    - Keyless Entry
    - Floor Mats
    - Convenience Package
    - Alloy Pkg #2
    - Rearview Camera Mirror
    - Daytime Running Lights
    - Power Moonroof

3 yr (15,000 miles per year) lease.

MSRP ~$41,000. Price paid $36499..... minus $1000 rebate... minus $400 college graduate..... minus $1200 trade equity......

Lease payment: $480 per month (including tax, and service pkg - includes coupons for scheduled services).
  • dealuxdealux Member Posts: 1
    Hello Dale:
    I am at Atlanta, and in the mkt for the Sequoia with the options as the one you had bought recently. Can you let me know the contact you worked with to get this deal? Thank you in advance, and how do you like your vehicle so far?
    Tom
  • reuel3reuel3 Member Posts: 114
    Please do not ask for or provide names of sales people or other dealership staff as this is against forum rules (see the policy posted at the bottom of the page) and such information will simply be deleted. Thank you for your cooperation.
  • msantos_in_njmsantos_in_nj Member Posts: 1
    I just took delivery of an SR5 originally w/ cloth seats. I wanted leather so the dealer said they can switch it. So I am inspecting the vehicle today and I noticed that the "leather seats" doesn't smell like leather. I looked behind and under the seat looking for a place I can see the back of the leather. I found that the "soft leather" has cloth and foam backing whick leads me to think that this is leatherette. Can any Limited Edition owners confirm if Toyota uses true leather? And does anybody know if I have go after the dealer if it turns out that this is indeed leatherette?
    Thanks for all who respond.
  • deathvarkdeathvark Member Posts: 2
    What I did, I printed all the invoice prices for base model and options (all over the internet) and how much MSRP on those and went to the dealership. Went in at 5pm, left at 11:23 am (they DO close at 9pm here :)).
    Paid 34K out of the door (no trade-ins or down payments have been mentioned until the final price was agreed on) including tax, tag and title (around 2300 altogether).
    Black SR5
    -16' alloy wheels
    -Running boards
    -rear spoiler
    -JBL 6/cd changer
    -foglights, daytime running lights, prvc glass
    -roof rack
    -floor mats
    -Toyoguard (seems to be just a rip-off - sealant on new car? - BS!)
    -Sequia keyless entry
    -Lowjack

So I basically paid around 31,700 for a car.
    I know I didn't get THE best deal, but I think I got a fair price - and just the thought, that the dealership would've made over 6k more on the car makes me sick :)
  • hanscanthanscant Member Posts: 2
    Got an 05 Sequoia ltd 4x4.

JBL 6 disc, Restraint system with side air bags, rear spoiler, wheel locks and black.

Paid $39,000 before tax.
  • anewdadanewdad Member Posts: 4
    :confuse:
    that's exactly what we're looking for..........what state and area are you in???
    thks for any info and did this include the $1000 rebate?
  • hanscanthanscant Member Posts: 2
    I'm in OK, and that was including the $750 rebate.
    Vinyl and leather react differently when pressed with say a finger. Vinyl (typically used even in leather equipped cars for the side of the seats) when pressed compresses evenly. Leather gets "wrinkled"
  • chetgchetg Member Posts: 3
    ">Is 31,700 your Invoice price for the 05 SR5? I'm curious cause I'm in the process of buying one except a lighter color here in arizona. What's your sales tax rate in FL? pls reply asap? -chet-
  • chetgchetg Member Posts: 3
    Sounds like u got a good deal. Did u mean $29,500 + TTL+fees.?
    Going out this weekend. Shortlisted to Sequoia and one other.
    What prices are people paying for sr5s with leather and the other typical options that come on those vehicles?
    Most Sr5s seem to be with fabric now, and Ltds coming with leather. Suspect thats part of the stealers plans to increase revenue.
  • amatuamatu Member Posts: 4
    I have a quote for the following:

Sequoia Limited RWD
    NV: Navigation with JBL AM/FM CD player and ten speakers
    RL: Daytime Running Lights
    GY: Side Curtain Air Bags
    EJ: JBL 3-in-1 Premium Combo w/6-Disc CD Changer w/10 Speakers
    RF: Rear Spoiler
    Extra Mile Option Package E
    DVD Pre-Wire
    Exterior Body Color: Silver Sky Metalic
    Interior Color: Charcoal

Price: $41400 After Rebates + TTL
    Drive-out Price $44200 (Texas New Car Tax is 6.25%)

Is this a good price? Everything seems to be an option with Toyota. I am more used to Honda that has limited options.
  • amatuamatu Member Posts: 4
    The EJ option was removed!!! --- apparently in conflict with the NV option.
  • fsp38fsp38 Member Posts: 2
    hi,i'm new in is forum,i'm planning on to buy one,i'm in san francisco,can anyone tell me what prices and the dealer go to.Thank's
  • jmurfree1jmurfree1 Member Posts: 1
    I am in Atlanta and plan to purchase a 2005 Limited 2WD with the following options:
    1) Luxury Package
    2) Navigation
    3) Front and side curtain airbags
    4) Rear spoiler
    5) Daytime running lights
    6) Arctic Frost Pearl color(special paint cost of $200)
    7) Tinted windows
    8) Toyoguard Protection Plus

I was quoted $40, 952 (includes $1000 rebate) plus $399.00 doc. fee, $41.00 tag and title fee. Drive Out price of $44, 278.32 (includes 7% tax). This turns out to be about $125 over invoice. Which I think is more than fair. Toyota dealers get about 4% holdback so they are not losing money and the sales people do eat. For Toyota, it is about volume. The dealer is Sandy Springs Toyota. They have been very cooperative. Also, when looking to purchase a Toyota, look for a dealer who has been awarded the Toyota President's Award. It recognizes that dealership to have excelled in customer saatisfaction in sales and service. :)
  • arnieharnieh Member Posts: 2
    Has anyone out there had any experience with this delaership in Orange County, CA? They have a Certified Preowned Sequoia 4x4 Limited offered at $36K. I called the dealership to schedule a test drive. they confirmed that the car was still available and the saleperson went an "touched the card with his own hands" I dragged my entire family in to learn that the General Sales manager of the dealership had loaned the car out to his family who was in from Boston and that it would be available the next day (could they not afford a rental car?). The next day, and the day after that passed. The dealership offered to bring the car to our house which is just a few minutes away, but then rescinded and said that they couldnt make any commitments. Is this typical?
    4x4s are harder to come by here in So. Cal. I went to Fresno (400 mi r/t) for my 05 ltd 4x4.

Sounds like a "get you to come on in and we'll sell you something" deal. Until you see and touch the car, does it exist?

They want to sell you an 05. Its late in the model year. A 2wd for the same $$. Call and see if they even have any 4x4s. I doubt it.

I did find an internet dealer willing to sell me an 05 2wd ltd for $36k. Nice! But 4x4...lots tougher to find and deal. At least here.

Good luck with your hunt!