Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota Sequoia Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• dgrazdadgrazda Member Posts: 18
    You may be right, but I am sensing that the dealers are trying to promote misinformation here. When asked, they usually say that they are not aware of any redesign...when pushed further they acknowledge that there will be numerous tech improvements and style change in line with the Tundra. This tells me that they are especially nervous about the 2008's being considerably better than the '07s. Time will tell.

Anyone out there with any compelling benchmark deals to share?
  • llcardllcard Member Posts: 2
    I was fixing to pick up a 2007 Sequoia which was advertised as 1% over cost. Upon visiting Team Toyota in Baton Rouge, I found that they added in several other charges

900 plus for T.M.F which they called the Toyota Marketing Fund???

600 + for a hold back charge (lights, electric, etc) at the dealership

300+ Additional Charges
    300+ Additional Charges

netting in 2100.00 in additional charges.

This is above and beyond the Delivery fee.

In addition the dealer said they would not get the vehicle in until May 8 which meant that the current 1500.00 rebate or 3.9% financing may not apply.

I was very frustrated to say the least.

Do these additional charges make sense? Should I pay anything other than..

cost of the vehicle - rebates
    delivery charge
    tax, title and license
    ????

help

email me at llyons@amedisys.com
    Not sure how competitive the Baton Rouge market is, but for Southern California, I would consider that to be a rip off. A dealer selling at invoice plus ttl plus delivery less rebates will get to keep the holdback which is normally 1-2% (check Edmunds holdback info, they give a great breakdown of each manufacturer's holdbacks). At this point in the model year, the dealer is simply betting that they can sell the car later to someone who will pay it..in late August or Sept, the market will become extremely competitive as the model year ends, and the new 2008's are introduced. Last year, Toyota ran incentives of around $6k...this when they did not even have a model change coming out!! Good luck with this, but I am waiting a while till the dealers are interested in dealing. By the way, the Toyota incentives this month are $2k not 1500. Good luck!
  • petro33petro33 Member Posts: 192
    llcard....It sounds like a rip off. Here in Sacramento you can pick one up for just $300 over cost. The dealer knows the model will change next year and they will have a lot of unsold modles around. I would either wait or go back and negotiate. Never had to pay a Toyota marketing Fund for the last 3 toys I bought. At least it was not identified as such on the sticker.

Good Luck
  • willsc40willsc40 Member Posts: 2
    I am looking at the SR5 with leather seats, and normal SR5 package and I am being qouted in Wisconsin for $37,800. I think I am going to wait because after reading Autoweekly's report that Large SUV sales for Toyota is down nearly 25% and a new remodel of the Sequoia and the Land Cruiser, I think they will start discounting them in late August and September when they are projecting to annouce the new models.
    I think a better price is coming!!! I am glad to hear so many love this vehicle.

:)
  • yorksladyyorkslady Member Posts: 6
    Just purchase SR5 2WD for $7500 under MSRP in Southern Cal.
    Very happy with purchase, fast and easy dealership. :shades:
  • kyah4kyah4 Member Posts: 1
    We have been looking at a 2001 Sequoia for a second vehicle. It has 130,000 miles and the owner said he's had no problems at all. In fact, he bought a new one to replace the old. I'm new to the Sequoia and am wondering if 130,000 miles is too much at the asking price of $13,000?? I'm not familiar with the life expectancy or problems that may come with all of these miles. Would this be a good investment??
  • petro33petro33 Member Posts: 192
    Well, I have a 01 limited with 130,000 and would recommend it as a used vehicle. I have had NO engine, transmission/drivetrain problems. Some minor interior problems. This is a good sound vehicle that when properly taken care of will last into the 200,000 mile range.
  • abbylouabbylou Member Posts: 33
    Finally broke down and traded in my beloved 2002 4Runner Limited 4WD. Bought a 2007 Limited (4WD)with Luxury Pkg, JBL stereo, colored keyed spoiler, Premium Accessory Pkg(Z1), and rear audio for $41,643 (after rebate). Feel good about my deal and went over into Illinois to purchase this as it was the closest dealer within 300 miles that had the Arctic Pearl White!! Think I did ok?
  • stevebanksstevebanks Member Posts: 1
    Hello,

I am trying to purchase a 2007 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4X2 (MSRP 43,500). The best quote I have received so far is $36,798 or $6,702 below MSRP ($40,887 out-the-door). Has anyone received better or worse quotes for a similar vehicle, just curious how low they will go. Follow up question, I noticed the ship and invoice date on one of the quotes was 10/16/06, does this mean that the dealer has had this car on their lot for 8 months? I find it hard to believe a Sequoia has been sitting on a lot for 8 months without being sold. Thanks for any input you folks have.
  • pncguypncguy Member Posts: 4
    I am looking for a Phantom Gray SR5 4WD with option package E in the Denver area. That includes the convenience package, roof rack, 6 CD changer, alloy wheel package #2, keyless entry, fog lights, preferred package (leather), daytime running lights, moon roof, preferred accessory package and auto dimming mirror.

MSRP (incl. destination) 44,207
    Edmunds Invoice 38,701
    Edmunds TMV 40,361
    Dealer and broker offer 39,500

Of course, the dealer wants $289 in dealer handling fees. Both are also offering the $1,500 incentive or 1.9/36, 2.4/48 or 3.9/60 in lieu of the incentive.

They both tell me that I'm getting invoice pricing. Should I push harder?
    Things moved quickly and they worked with me a bit on my trade. So here's where I ended up.

MSRP of 44,207
    Offer price 39,444 (100 below invoice?)
    Trade for '99 4Runner Limited w/ 97,100 miles 9,200
    8.25% tax

Out-the-door-price: 32,739. Thats new - trade + tax.
    No other fees or charges from the dealer.

Thoughts?
  • fsowirlesfsowirles Member Posts: 195
    I am looking to get a 2007 LTD (Artic Pearl) w/Luxury, NAV, and a bunch of other goodies. MSRP on buyatoyota.com is $52,701. The exact car is available at two local dealers (DC Metro). Both are offering an internet price of around $44k which is about $1700 below invoice. I assume they are including the $2k rebate in this number.

What do you think about looking elsewhere, or waiting? Will it be worth it? The reason I may not wait is we are trading in a 2005 Sienna XLE LTD and I think it's value will go down along with the price of the Sequioa if I wait for the next model year release in September.
    Maybe it is too early to wonder, but how is Toyota actually able to sell any Sequoias these days. Each month I expect that $3+ gas, low mpg and a new model year pressures will cause Toyota to provide sales incentives similar to last year....instead I see the same $2k that has been there for months now...last year with many of the same pressures (but no model change) Toyota came through with $6k incentives... what is going on here? How much did they scale down production? Any word on when the incentives will change? Maybe they will time the incentive change with news about the new models?.?>?
    I don't know about everyone else, but the Sequioa just fit our needs. We are having our second child and routinely haul lots of kids around. The 4Runner just wasn't cutting it anymore. We also have a pop-up camper to tow and the wife didn't like how the 'Runner did with that.

So, we started down the road of a Sienna and a Tundra (so I could pull my '78 FJ40 AND the pop-up) but I did the calculation of the gas on the Tundra as my daily driver and that killed the idea. So, a big SUV was the solution, along with my current '98 Outback with 120k miles on it, which will last at least 50k more.

We considered the usual suspects: Durango, Yukon, Tahoe, Expedition, Armada, Sequoia. I like the fold-flat seats of some of the others, but in the end I just couldn't stomach buying a domestic and the Armada is plagued with reliability problems. So the Sequoia won.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    A reporter would like to speak to owners who purchased a Honda or Toyota but didn’t consider purchasing a domestic vehicle (specifically Ford or GM vehicle). Please respond to ctalati@edmunds.com no later than July 24, 2007 with your daytime contact information.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• bigemike8bigemike8 Member Posts: 2
    :D I just bought a 2007 4x2 Limited Sequoia, with the following options: Z1(preferred accessory pkg), EY(DVD system), NV(navigation), HP(hood protector), E5(exhaust tip), RF(rear spoiler), WL(wheel locks)
    The MSRP was just over $47,000, and I got it for $39,180 plus tax and license which made totaled $43,000. I also got the extended warranty for 7 years for $1500, down from $2195 (not included in the price above). I know they have to 08s coming soon, but I don't need a bigger SUV with an even thirstier engine! Got it at Concord Toyota thru the Internet Dept.
  • baja5baja5 Member Posts: 4
    What was the rebate? JTP
  • baja5baja5 Member Posts: 4
    What was the rebate? Southern California JTP
    tHIS IS 16.6% off of MSRP!! WOW. How much is this less than Invoice? Did I compute this correctly.
    thanks !!!!!!!!!!! JTP
  • gagricegagrice Member Posts: 31,450
    My deal was pretty much the same. We got a 4X4 limited with the luxury package that included 2nd row captains seats. Rear DVD entertainment, DVD Nav, tow package, spoiler etc, etc. The MSRP was $51,648. We paid 41,648 plus TTL. We did get the 7 year Platinum $0 deductible extended warranty for $1895. They waxed it and filled the tank for us. I dealt with the Internet fleet manager at Poway Toyota. She was very business like. I sent out an email to 9 San Diego Toyota dealers. Only 3 responded. I could have gotten a 4X4 without the NAV for $39k. He was too slow on his keyboard, and we jumped on this deal. I put into the email that I wanted the lowest price as I was not in the mood to haggle. That I would not come down and discuss price. This lady was back with that price in 20 minutes and got our cash less than 2 hours later. I have not gotten to drive it as my wife loves it. I was stuck driving the LS400 back home.

PS
    The finance guy was not high pressure at all. Said he had to give us the opportunity on the warranty, lojack & other security crap. He told us that big SUVs and PU trucks are not selling well at all with the price of gas. I can buy a lot of gas for $10k. Probably enough for as long as we own the vehicle. I would have bought the Escalade. I think my wife is right. This is a more solid vehicle.
    You computed it correctly. You should be able to make that deal on any Sequoia left at the dealers. The new one will not be out till the first of the year. I think it will be a disappointment in many ways over the current model. It will be bigger if you need that. This is just about the right size. I paid $4000 under invoice today for a 4X4 limited. They are rare in So CA. I think we will love that car. Except maybe when we fill the tank. That is no big deal if you are wanting that much luxury.
  • baseballmom97baseballmom97 Member Posts: 101
    I'm considering either a 2007 or 2008 Sequoia or a GMC Acadia. I currently have a 2004 Sequoia which is coming off lease in December '07.

Since we are considering buying the Sequoia at the end of lease, we stopped by the Toyota dealer today to have the service department look at the plastic that is peeling off the rear bumper to see if it is covered under warranty. While we were waiting for the service manager, I walked onto the sales floor and ended up speaking to the general manager of the dealership about when the 2008 Sequoias are expected in. He said they wouldn't get them until Dec. or Jan. and they would either be an '08 or '09 model -- he wasn't sure but knew they would be a lot bigger.

I asked if he could get any 2007 Sequoias in yet since I really don't want a larger vehicle -- he said probably. Then I mentioned that I had a leased 2004 Seq. that is up in December. His eyes lit up and he said "let me take a look at it."

Then he said he'll look for a 2007 with the options that we want and that we might just be able to buy out the 2004 and then trade it to him for the 2007. Our buy-out price from the leasing company (not Toyota Financial) is $24,178. He said that way we would avoid the charges for the excess mileage, dings, and worn tires (the back tires are awful) and he said we also wouldn't pay sales tax on the '04. He seemed to be very excited about the Sequoia -- said they're hard to come by...not sure if this was a line.

We've never done this type of deal before. If it works out for us to buy the 2004 Seq., trade it towards a 2007 and end up with no money taken out of our bank account, no money down and roughly the same monthly lease payment that I currently have ($501), I'm inclined to think it's a fair deal. What am I missing and what should I look for to make sure we don't get taken?? Thanks again!
  • cheepsoxcheepsox Member Posts: 1
    Hi all. Bought my 07 Sequoia in Nov 06, and also shopped used. Thought anyone shopping near Boston would like my impression of local dealers.

I emailed every dealer up to Nashua and down to RI, and as far west as Greenfield. I called about 10, and personally visited 5, ready to buy with checkbook in hand.

I bought at Acton Toyota; they had the least BS and the best price, wound up damn near at invoice! There was still “confusion” at what packages I wanted, and what the base price was, and at the end the slipped in the $600 doc fee and would not budge. Still $2k below anyone else’s best price. Also less than anyone was paying here at the time.

Was very aggressively courted by IRA, his chain had the most available, but they were very hesitant to deal over the phone or email. Just wanted you in the door. I gave them multiple opportunities, but they could not be bothered.

Copeland Toyota outright lied to me, but at least had the decency to admit it. I had a good price over the phone. I was on my way there to buy, and called to confirm price. They admitted they could not do it at that price, saving them having to deal with me exploding in the showroom (on a busy saturday).

Lexington Toyota insisted they would beat any offer, but in actuality refused to do so. Considering they had zero selection, you figured they would be more accommodating.

Nashua Toyota seems like a well run operation, but the salespeople really had no power to talk money. I was actually there 3 times, and they could not get their act together. Not liars, but just incompetent.

Norm Wagner: Free oil changes for life, but that’s about it. Not willing to deal.

Woburn Toyota: Do NOT buy anything from these people. Pathological Liars.

Westboro Toyota: Zero selection, and not willing to budge off of sticker.

Rt 44 Toyota: Very helpful, and offered to meet (but not beat) anyone’s price, but could not beat Acton Toyota.

Biggest scumbags: Bernardi Toyota, & Toyota of Wellesley. Bernardi sells “Certified Pre Owed” cars that are totally junk. The Toyota CPO program is supposedly for the cream of the crop, the cars are gone thru, and they warrantee them. Bernardi had a total POS used sequoia that was CPO, and they wanted me to pay for the problems the CPO program should have covered: A broken spoiler, bald tires, and bad brakes.

Toyota of Wellesley treated us like dirt. We wanted to test drive the NEW Seq we wanted, but it was “hard to get to” so we had to test drive their demo. We test drove a used 02 that had obvious transmission problems. They shrugged it off, and honestly expected us to go for the outrageous asking price.

Ernie Boch & Herb Chambers: it’s amazing how much these guys spend on advertising. You figured they would be begging to sell you a car. Calls & emails never returned. People tell me they offer the best deal only IF you finance from them, usually at 16% or more!
    Welcome to the Forum.

Sounds similar to the batch of dealers in San Diego. Only one would give me a solid price by email. I bought from that dealer without any hassle or added charges. I got my 07 4X4 limited at about $4000 under invoice. What a difference a year makes. I did not want the 08 with all the Tundra problems. I bought from Poway Toyota. ElCajon Toyota offered me the same price over the phone. I wanted him to email and he did not. So I bought from Poway. Escondido Toyota was a well run huge dealership. Not very aggressive on pricing. Several dealers did not respond to my Edmund's request for a price. Dealers run from the Good to Bad to Ugly!
  • tweet37tweet37 Member Posts: 2
    Cheepsox,

First Post

Just bought from Melody Toyota (San Francisco) Blue Steel Mica 07 Limited 4x4: JBL 6CD Changer w/10 Speakers, Real Spoiler, and Carpeted Floor Mats/Door Sill for $38,316. I've been researching for months trying to get these specific options and color. I searched So Cal extensively and was unable to find the Blue. I got many e-mails back in response to my requests, however, it appeared they never read the text portions which specifically stated to correspond via e-mail only (They always called!). Once I spoke with them on the phone, it seemed I knew more about the vehicle than they did. I found this extremely frustrating and irritating. (Soap Box) How is it that these people get away with selling expensive products and know nothing about them? Bottom line, Melody Toyota responded back with the above mentioned price and I jumped. In addition, I'm stationed in Japan and was able to complete the transaction from over here. Your spot on about the dealers run from the good to bad to ugly. Can't tell you how refreshing it was to cut to the chase and get the price I was looking for.

Great Forum! I've enjoyed everyone's comments.
  • baseballmom97baseballmom97 Member Posts: 101
    Then there are the dealers who don't even bother to call when they have an easy sale.

My husband and I have been shopping for a replacement for our '04 Sequoia when it comes off lease in a month. We've been looking at the Acadia and also waiting for word on the '08 Sequoia.

3 weeks ago, we went into Tansky Toyota in Dublin, Ohio to ask about when the '08s will be in. No one seemed to know and the General Manager happened to be wandering by so I ended up talking to him. He said he wasn't sure when they would see them but he heard it was going to be huge. He said that he just leased an '07 Sequoia because he didn't think the new version would fit in his garage. I asked if he could find me an '07 in White. I also mentioned that we had an '04 Sequoia that we leased from his dealership 3 years ago. He was all excited that we were having the Service department look at it to see if a bumper issue was covered underwarranty (said that Toyota had deep pockets for warranty work) and he wanted to take a look at the '04 -- he acted like he wanted me to buy it out and then do a trade. (Didn't sound like a good deal to me so I was was skeptical about that).

Besides leasing the '04 Sequoia from Tansky Toyota, we also leased 2 Camrys from them prior to that. So this particular dealership had sold us 3 cars and had a loyal customer. We've owned Toyotas since 1994 and my parents have owned Toyotas since 1981.

Anyway, he seemed like a good guy, took my name and number and said he would call me when he located a white '07. Three weeks later, I haven't heard from him.

We're leasing an Acadia -- better gas mileage and better interior seating configuration.

Sorry, Toyota, between lousy customer service at the dealership level and making the new '08 too big when people are moving away from the gas guzzler SUVs, you've lost us for awhile.

Also, my husband is buying an Acura MDX. So for the first time in 13 years. we won't have a Toyota in the garage.
    That is the same price I was quoted without NAV. I wish I had taken that unit. The NAV is not very good. It also used the aux input for the rear entertainment unit. That excludes me from getting an integrated XM reciever or 6 CD changer. Very poor design on their electronics in the Sequoia. Otherwise I like the vehicle a lot. Glad you found one in the color you want. They seem to be getting harder to find in certain colors and especially 4X4 Limited in San Diego.
  • ctruongctruong Member Posts: 3
    I have an offer for a 2007 4X4 Limited Sequoia. The invoice on the car is $41,565. With the $4K rebate the southern Cal. dealer is offering me $38,100 for the car. Please let me know if this is a good deal. Do you think Toyota will offer a $6K rebate like they did last year?
    You are playing the waiting game. If it is the color and has what you want, you may lose it. I would say the closer it gets to the release of the 2008 the better the prices will get. I had a hard time finding a color I liked in 4X4 limited. I paid $41,684 with Luxury package captains 2nd row, entertainment and NAV. If I was doing it today, I would not go for any of those extras. A base Limited 4WD is all I would go for and probably save another $4k at least.

PS
    The Internet manager at Poway Toyota is very good to deal with, if you are near San Diego.
  • trulyblackcomtrulyblackcom Member Posts: 3
    Hi There,

I am a new member. My dealer is offering me the new 2007 Sequoia 4x2 SR5 5-Speed Automatic for $28,000 (including the current Toyota rebate of $4000 ) . This is a basic SR5 model. No other options included. This price does not include tax and fees.

It's almost at the end of the year and new model is coming out. Is this still a good price ? Please advice.

Thanks
  • murphy70118murphy70118 Member Posts: 5
    What part of the country has a 4K rebate? We are pricing an sr5 with leather and saw a 1500 rebate. I am wondering if I should wait and see it toyota ups the rebate.

Thanks,
    San Diego, where gas price is pushing $4/gal. If I am you I would consider flying to San Diego to buy a Sequoia and drive to home. You will save $2500. Let me know and I can give you contacts of the internet sales people that I have been dealing with.
  • alexryanalexryan Member Posts: 1
    please send me the contact info. thanks.
    Shoot me an email. - lotruong@yahoo.com
    A lot of Vietnamese salesman in the area. You can deal with them if you prefer to speak in your own language. I don't think the dealers can sell these trucks nowaday when gas price is around $4.
  • murphy70118murphy70118 Member Posts: 5
    I live to far - but love the rebate.

This is what I have been offered. 33,995 (price includes 1500 rebate) Please tell me what you think.

SR5
    alloy wheels
    JBL
    park pilot
    leather (not factory)
    bench seat
    roof rack
    It's hard to calculate the right price because of the options. I was offered the SR5 without (alloy wheels and leather seats) for $28,000 (after $4000 rebate) . So, your options must worth $6000 to justify that price.
  • escaladeleaseeescaladeleasee Member Posts: 3
    I went to dealer yesterday...choosing between this and Escalade for the wife.....Does anyone know what the invoice price to dealer is on a $55,034 sticker for a Limiited? Crazy as this sounds they could not find the paperwork on the vehicle.

On an SR5 a sticker of $48,386 came to a $42,843 sticker which they said i could buy the vehicle at that price.....

Also obviouldy the dealer is making money on the vehicle even selling it to me at invoice - does anyone know how much profit is built in for them?

Thanks for your help.
  • trebor129trebor129 Member Posts: 176
    Wow - they will sell at invoice price. That sounds almost identical to the one I got today. My invoice price and MSRP were within $200 of that. There is around $1000 holdback. I could look it up, but that is approx what they are still making. Or more if there is a document fee.

Also just learned my SR5 has bluetooth. Now that I see how it works, I love it.
  • kakee68kakee68 Member Posts: 5
    I am looking at the 08 Sequoia Limited 4X2 w/ Navigation at $40,359 out the door price (that includes, taxes of 7.75%, fees, etc)..... Does this sound like a fair price? I am in Las Vegas Nevada.
    Well, considering invoice price with tax added is just about $46,000, I would say it is impossible. Your dealer is taking a $4500 loss even after holdback is figured in.
    Are you sure he is not quoting a 2007 Sequoia Limited. That sounds too good to be true. If you like the truck and that is the price you best take it. If it is a 2007 it is not that great of a deal.
  • sstampasstampa Member Posts: 8
    I am looking to lease (48 months/48,000 miles) or purchase an 08 Sequoia Limited sticker $50,500...anyone have any lease or purchase prices? Think the dealers are unaware that the economy is in a recession?
    Think the dealers are unaware that the economy is in a recession?

You have to remind them of it. Be ready to walk out the door if they are not willing to get close to invoice. Better yet email all the dealers and tell them you want an email with their best price, no nonsense tolerated.
  • ponytrekkerponytrekker Member Posts: 310
    >>Think the dealers are unaware that the economy is in a recession?

Or that gas is over $3 a gallon and NO ONE is buying gas guzzlers unless they can write it off . . .
  • hdfatboyhdfatboy Member Posts: 324
    I wouldn't necessarily say "NO ONE is buying gas guzzlers unless they can write them off". There's still plenty of Ferraris, Land Rovers and Escalades being purchased that have nothing to do with business yet still meet the needs of their owners. In the bigger scheme of things the cost of gas is somewhat irrelevant when purchasing luxury SUVs.

If the average buyer of these types of vehicles drives 12,000 miles a year and gets 15mpg then the difference in fuel cost between $3/gal and $4/gal is $800 (12,000/15mpg X $1.00 = $800). An additional $66/month in fuel cost is really not a factor in purchasing these vehicles when you consider the cost of fuel for the boat towed by a Sequoia or the feed and vet bills for the horse towed by an Escalade.

What higher gas does is help people to make more prudent decisions about the vehicle they "really" need for their lifestyle. Those potential buyers that don't really need or want this type of vehicle may purchase a more modest size SUV, but I wouldn't go so far as to say the only buyers of "gas-guzzlers" are those that can "write it off". I know I'm purchasing a Platinum Sequoia and the tax consequences and fuel costs were non factors in my decision-making.

The fuel for luxury SUVs is hardly a consideration for the typical buyer of these vehicles. If a buyer is financially concerned about $800 higher annual fuel costs, then the buyer is probably not able to afford a $50,000-$75,000 luxury SUV and the insurance that goes with it.

If they're able to write the vehicle expense off, that's a bonus. If they aren't, it's not likely to be a factor in deciding whether or not to purchase the vehicle that best meets their lifestyle needs.
    You are correct. I wanted an SUV that gets 25-30 MPG on the highway. They are not offered in CA for sale. So I bought a Sequoia. I would not give up the safety and comfort of a large SUV because of high priced fuel Mine and my wife's comfort and safety are foremost. It had nothing to do with write-offs as we are retired. Most of the SUVs I see are family vehicles. Some may be business related. Not many I would guess.

One thing the insurance on our 2007 Sequoia Limited 4WD, is $400 per year less than our 2005 Passat wagon. I believe it is less because it has a better safety rating by the insurance institute than most all of the sedans.
  • ponytrekkerponytrekker Member Posts: 310
    Look at the data. Suv sales are in a tailspin. That's why the companies that have made them either (1) make fewer or (2) offer incentives.
    Toyota knew that and is not making that many of them. For me I needed something over 6000 GRVW to get the tax credit. The Sequoia actually cost me less than if I bought a Highlander. It is like getting free gas for the first 60,000 miles.
  • sstampasstampa Member Posts: 8
    Tampa dealer's internet sales dept asking for MSRP of around $50,500 on purchase of a Limited 4x2 or lease for $800 per month including tax (7%) for 48 mos and 48,000 miles and $1500 start up...told them I can wait/no rush and that making $6000 on the truck not realistic.