Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mitsubishi Lancer 2007 and earlier

167891012»

Comments

• aralliartaralliart Member Posts: 5
    you guys can load in your 08 Lancer blogs on......http://www.autoblog.com/2006/12/11/2008-mitsubishi-lancer-revealed/
  • patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    Be sure to load them here as well!!
    I have a 2005 automatic ralliart with 24000 miles (40 percent highway/60 percent city). Reliability has been outstanding. And it has only gotten better as the model year has advanced. No repairs. So far no recalls to speak off. Only routine maintenance done per the manual. As peppy as when I drove it out of the showroom Winter of 2004. No wonder Mitsubishi owners are fiercely loyal to the brand!
  • mirde98mirde98 Member Posts: 95
    Yes sir. As i previous owner of a 02 Lancer and still an owner of a 98 Mirage with 130k i can tell you that Mitsubishi is very reliable. :)
  • dartslant6dartslant6 Member Posts: 4
    I know the Mitsibushi is reliable, my question was from the beginning is the loud road noise in the car. I have a brand new 2006 lancer, and the road noise is so loud, I have to turn my radio up real loud to hear it. Do you think I have a seal leaking somewhere, or are they noisy cars. My husband thinks it might be the cheap radial tires on it. I don't enjoy taking the car on the interstate because I can't even hear my cell phone ring or the radio because of the noise in the car.
  • rcpaxrcpax Member Posts: 580
    One quick suggestion, have you check the tire pressures? Sometimes these cars can be overinflated, creating a loud tire noise and rough ride. Have it inflated at manufacturer's suggested PSI, and when the tires are cold, not warm.

And one more thing, bad roads are to be blamed too. I agree the interstate creates very loud tire noise. In our community where roads are in pristine conditions, I don't hear any road noise at all.
    I know for sure the Ralliart has very little road noise (all you can hear is the sweet exhaust note). Of course upgrading OEM tires always helps. A simple suggestion, buy regular weather strip and apply it around all doors. That will reduce wind and road noise.
    Thank you so much for your suggestions. I really appreciate the feedback. I will do what you suggest and get back to you. Again Thanks.
    dartslant6
  • madhuaryalmadhuaryal Member Posts: 1
    :confuse:
    Dear Friends:
    I own Mitsubishi Lancer 03 and even after oil change and tuning up, the display near the meter shows "Service your engine soon" message. How do I get rid of it? I have done all that I could but no success. Need an expert guidance.

Thanks and regards, Madhu
    Have it checked by an authorized Mitsu dealership.
  • heibaopantherheibaopanther Member Posts: 1
    hi everyone. i own a lancer 03 rally edtion. the previous owner changed the rear brakes from drum and shoe to disc when i bought the car. now the rear brakes are not functioning properly. it locks sometimes and it's leaksing brake fluid. i took it to the dealership, they recommned me to change the rear brake back to drum and shoe which cost about $1500. i am looking for expert suggestion on what to do with it. is the brake fixable instead of change to drum and shoe? any help is greatly appreciated.
  • taralynn79taralynn79 Member Posts: 1
    hEY!!!
    I have an 02 Lancer. The headlights are acting up. The drivers side only works with the highbeams on... but then the passenger only works with the reg. lights on?!?!?! Any one know what the deal is or happen to have a lancer .... mine doesn't have a manual and I don't know which fuses to check or anything. I'm hopeless!!!! :) please help
    Hello everyone! Finally after 9 years with my ol' trusty and reliable Mirage, i traded it in and i got a new 06 Lancer SE. White Igloo/black Alcantara seats. I got an awesome deal from the guys at Sport Mitsubishi in Orlando FL. With rebates and my loyalty rebate i got the car for $13k. Im so pleased by the dealer service and the overall experience was on the low pressure side. I got free oil changes for life courtesy from the dealer. I love my new car, it has all the options, pwr everything, sunroof, leather/alcantara seats, 15in alloys. The warranty is unbeatable. Im 100% satisfied with my 2nd Mitsubishi vehicle and i plan to keep this Lancer for 10yrs more. Im sure it will be as reliable as my Mirage. :)
    I got free oil changes for life courtesy from the dealer.

How do you get that? Is that suppose to be a Mitsubishi thing or from the dealer only? My dealer didn't even fill my tank full when I got my 07 Outlander.
    Well i couldn't believe it either...i asked him 3 times...Are u sure its for life? He said yes. So i said OK...And the salesman delivered my car fully detailed and with a full tank of gas. I believe its a dealer thing since he told me i have to bring it to the dealer exclusively. The service was excellent. But NOT all the dealers are like that...i spent 2 months going dealer from dealer until i found what i wanted. :)
    Hey everyone, could anyone tell me what can i use to clean my 06 Lancer's SE Alcantara seats. All i find is to clean leather, vinyl or cloth. I do know Alcantara is kinda delicate....PLEASE HELP!! :confuse:
  • galaxymangalaxyman Member Posts: 1
    Howdy. I just purchased an '02 OZ rally edition lancer, and wanna swap the motor with an EVO engine. Is it possible to do this with the mounts i have (stock)?? by the way madhuaryal i've got the same prob, nothing seems to be wrong what was the problem for you?
  • zeroicezeroice Member Posts: 9
    I'm looking for something new and found an 03 Lancer OZ with 101,600 miles on it. It looks great, but how do they hold up with that kind of mileage?. If it was a Honda or Toyata I wouldn't be worried at all, but I've never dealt with Mitsu before. It's a 1 owner with a CARFAX Buyback Guarantee for $6900. Sound like a good deal?
    Lancer's are extremely reliable. Those are high miles for a 03 but still has plenty of life ahead. If maintenance was done correctly, no leaks, weird sounds, i dont see any problem. And 1 owner is even better. Check for accident damage and the usual stuff. U know....the usual check ups with any kind of used car. Good luck! :)
  • helpmefindacarhelpmefindacar Member Posts: 14
    Hi! I am wondering if you like your 2005 Lancer and if you have had any problems with it!
    Any information helps!
    Thanks
  • aa0526aa0526 Member Posts: 29
    The only problems I have are maintenance related:

1. Timing belt, water pump, spark plugs replaced at 103K (part of 90K interval maintenance).
    2. Right brake light replaced.
    3. Rotors need to be replaced soon.

These are all typical for a 100K+ car. Bought mine 1/2003.
    Other than that, I am getting good mileage.

Highway- 33-35mpg
    City - 27-29 mpg
    I bought my new 2006 Lancer SE on May 07, few units unsold, i got heavy discounts. Car runs flawlessly. Very comfy. City im getting between 23 to 24mpg. HWY 34. Mileage now 6,105. Im extremely satisfied with my purchase and im proud to drive a car thats not another Civic/Corolla. :shades:
    I have 12,300 miles on my 2006 Lancer SE, and I get very poor gas mileage. I get bad gas mileage on the Highway as well as in town driving. The car still has loud road noise when driving on highway. I don't know if it's the tires or a leaky seal around a window.
  • nickievnickiev Member Posts: 1
    i am having the same problem with my 02 Lancer. did you ever figure out what was wrong? my drivers side headlights are working great, but my passenger light is extremely dim (and i just replaced it) with my regular lights on and works fine when i turn on my brights. i was just wondering if you found a solution. thanks.
  • menifeemenifee Member Posts: 1
    I have a 02 Mitsubishi Lancer OZ Rally with 92000 miles. ive had it for a couple months and im not sure if there is a problem with the alignment or what. when i make tight turns my car makes a weird noise and it seems like is comes from the back of the car. ANY suggestions on what it might be
    Thanks
  • mthrizzlemthrizzle Member Posts: 1
    usually its the rear control arm bushings they have a big problem with them
  • stevecebustevecebu Member Posts: 493
    Does anyone know if any of the dealerships have any EVO IX's left in stock or is it now just a used market?
    Subaru still has STi's and looks like a summer release on both the STi and EVO X, So I want a car before then.
    Any ideas?
  • gijoewildbillgijoewildbill Member Posts: 62
    Contact your local Mitsu dealer and request they check to see if there are any Evo IXs still available. That way, the dealer does all the hunting work for you.

Bill
    Contact your local Mitsu dealer and request they check to see if there are any Evo IXs still available. That way, the dealer does all the hunting work for you.

The problem is I'm still overseas and I'm just wondering if anyone has seen any that are new still on dealers lots?

I haven't been to a Mitsu dealer in a very long time and in my area everyone seems to favor the Subaru's for RallyX as well as AutoX. Supposedly the Subaru's are more tunable. Also the US didn't get the AYC that the rest of the world got. We have to wait for the EVO X.
  • iluvmysephia1iluvmysephia1 Member Posts: 7,704
    when my wife and I were in the Avondale Mitsubishi(west Phoenix)showroom on March 21,2007 negotiating for our 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS I saw a 2006 Mitsubishi EVO IX for sale new. The price was cut down to $34,995 and I believe it was a 5-speed model. It was silver and it looked nice. I don't know if Mitsu is making 2007 EVO IX's while they bounce to production of the EVO X.

2021 Kia Soul LX 6-speed stick

when my wife and I were in the Avondale Mitsubishi(west Phoenix)showroom on March 21,2007 negotiating for our 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS I saw a 2006 Mitsubishi EVO IX for sale new. The price was cut down to $34,995 and I believe it was a 5-speed model. It was silver and it looked nice. I don't know if Mitsu is making 2007 EVO IX's while they bounce to production of the EVO X.

Thanks at least I know that some might be available. :D
    I know that 2006 was the only model but I think for $35K it's the MR version that's the price according to the Mitsu website.
    The EVO IX was $32K The EVO MR with a 6 spd was listed as $36,924. The MR did come in Silver so it's very possible that it's an MR.
    Thanks, I really appreciate the info, my guess is it's a Silver MR. I think the new one will be a lot more sedate than the older model but we shall see. ;)
    yeah, probably was a EVO MR for 2006. I liked it enough to take a seat in the cabin for a few minutes. Looked intuitive for controls and the seat was comfortable. 6-speed sounds right and that price($36,924 priced down to $34,995)sounds right. Does anyone know which Jackie Chan movie he drives droves of Mitsubishi EVO's in? He had a contract with Mitsubishi to use Raliart's or EVO's in and I'd rent it if I knew which one...around 2004-2005 sometime...I'll find it and rent it.

I like the seats in our '08 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS. I was noticing on a long Arizona road trip yesterday how nicely the Lancer GTS' buckets kept us in our seats-the side bolstering was primo and gently but firmly bounced you right back in to the center of your seat. Got to negotiate a lot of twisties yesterday going up to the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. Sweet!

Does anyone know which Jackie Chan movie he drives droves of Mitsubishi EVO's in? He had a contract with Mitsubishi to use Raliart's or EVO's in and I'd rent it if I knew which one...around 2004-2005 sometime...I'll find it and rent it.

Thanks for the info on the MR, hopefully I can work a deal on something before I get to the US.
    I believe the EVO you refer to is this on on YouTube
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJsmGT6Rrz4
    Here is the full scene
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TGYj4NY0kk
    It's an EVO III
    any word on the Mitsu MR yet? Are you still thinking of going that route? I have one of the salesman at my dealer's e-mail address on his business card. I can e-mail you with his e-mail address if you have any questions for him. Let me know in here-I can't post it in here as you know but would be happy to access your e-mail and give the address to you if you like. I mentioned that a Lancer purchased in southern Arizona might be a bit of a stretch for you. His response?!

He said not if you get a great deal on one. Plus, after getting a great deal on one you can have a great little vacation trip driving it to where you live! I kid you not..salesmen will be salesmen.

I'll tell you this...I e-mailed another salesman from that dealership about 50 times when thinking of buying a 2007 Suzuki SX4(they sell both Suzuki's and Mitsubishi's) and more seriously my '08 Lancer GTS. Very helpful person. Although I ended up buying from another dealer I do take my Lancer GTS there to his dealership for service. They're excellent for service-I scored on this one. No animosity about buying elsewhere...and he told me yes take it in here for service-and they've taken very good care of me and my '08 Lancer GTS. Just something for you to think about. I'd want to be there when you buy yours though in order to properly welcome you to S.Arizona and follow you in my Lancer GTS. I'd drive with you part of the way to start your journey back eastward. You did say eastern U.S., didn't you? If you saved enough money on the deal it might be worth it, eh?

any word on the Mitsu MR yet? Are you still thinking of going that route? I have one of the salesman at my dealer's e-mail address on his business card. I can e-mail you with his e-mail address if you have any questions for him. Let me know in here-I can't post it in here as you know but would be happy to access your e-mail and give the address to you if you like. I mentioned that a Lancer purchased in southern Arizona might be a bit of a stretch for you. His response?!

You see right now I am overseas, and waiting for my contract to be up and they have been playing games with me about it. It was originally 3 years but I opted for an extra year, but of course it's run over 4 years and is going to be 5 years pretty darn soon. Anyway I told them it's about time I go back to the US for a while and sort out things that I have to do there.
    So we have no idea when we are going to leave. I can't just quit so I have to play it out. My wife likes the EVO and it's on our list and yes, if I got a great deal on one that would make a difference. But I'd have to fly into Vegas and travel from there although a temporary plate and insurance will be an issue.
    Driving from Arizona is a haul but not bad really, about 2,800 miles depending on if you take the upper or lower route.
    Right now I am looking at December as the earliest and February as the latest (hopefully)
    for my email just add at Yahoo.com to my nick. :shades:
    Thanks for the help. Any chance the guy has a white one? That's my color of choice.
    Report of my Lancer at 22,000 miles. Still tight and rattle free. Gas mileage is averaging 25 mpg. Interior plastics and upholstery still like new. Got the 15k service done for $200.00. Only one repair was done and covered under warranty, the driver's side radio speaker got cracked around the cone and sounded distorted. Replaced and fixed in 30 minutes. Wiper blades replaced at 18,000 miles. Just bought the set of mudguards front and back for $101.00 Overall excellent vehicle and very happy with my investment. :blush:
  • supermarkiesupermarkie Member Posts: 10
    I have a 2006 Lancer ES (Base) air/automatic. The car has 55,000 Km. Recently I've been putting Sunoco Ultra
    94 octane premium gas in it. I noticed right away the car seems to run smoother and quieter, also on the first tank I got an extra 50 or so km. I usually get 500km or so driving 70/30 Hwy/ City on 40 litres( the tank holds 50L) Last week I got 558km same 40 litres. Has anyone else
    been running Premium fuel ? Is it just a fluke or wishful thinking on my part that premium might be better for my car? I live in the Toronto Ont. Canada area and we have access to Sunoco 94, as I understand it, some areas of the U.S. do not. Any input from you guys/girls would be appreciated. Many Thanks, SuperMarkie ;)
  • 04LancerDriver04LancerDriver Member Posts: 1
    can anyone tell me the bulb size in the rear turnsignal of a 2004 Mitsubishi Lancer ES

http://i491.photobucket.com/albums/rr276/BrannonSmith/BulbSize.jpg?t=1234325110
  • vexy07vexy07 Member Posts: 2
    Did you find out what the problem was??
    Im thinking it would be the CV's?? :confuse:
This discussion has been closed.