Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• dave_in_nhdave_in_nh Member Posts: 3
    Just brought home a 2008 EX-L w/ RES and NAV this week in NH. $29,839 OTD. Four quotes received via internet were within $100 or less of one another. Another quote was $2000 higher. Sixth quote about $500 lower, but an hour+ away. I bought from a place that's walking distance from work. They've serviced my 1999 Odyssey for years.

Everyone contacted via email was very professional. They all responded within the first couple hours of business Monday morning.
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    A reporter is looking to interview owners of a 2007 or 2008 minivan, SUV or crossover that is loaded with two or more high-tech features such as a navigation system, DVD player, heated mirrors, parking sensors, rear view cameras, iPod connectivity, radio data system, Bluetooth, satellite radio, tire pressure monitoring, universal garage door opener, Sync, etc. Please respond to jfallon@edmunds.com before Friday, October 10, 2008 with your daytime contact information and a few words about your vehicle.
  • smarinersmariner Member Posts: 14
    Thanks for the awesome post! must read!
  • newvanbuyer1newvanbuyer1 Member Posts: 8
    I need some help here. I am in the process of emailing a several dealers. I got the following quote:
    EX-L (no RES/NAV) - price - 25900
    Total mout the door with everything - 27542

Should I ask for lower? I was reaaly hoping for at least 25,500. The probem is they don't have the color I want and would have to trade for it...does this affect there willingness to haggle?

Also, they say I would need to put a deposit and sign an agreement before they would locate and trade for the color I want - I can understand this. Anything I need to watch out for in this process?

Thanks for any advice.
  • vwpassat2001vwpassat2001 Member Posts: 12
    Can you let me know from which dealer you brought it in Denver. That's a great deal, since every dealer I talked to in the Denver area (Ralph Schomp, Fisher, Go Honda & Planet Honda) is between 28,000 - 28,500 plus tax only for 2008 Ody EX-L with RES.
  • dsrtrat2dsrtrat2 Member Posts: 223
    Dealer in PHX emailed me saying all their Odysseys are $6,000.00 off MSRP and you get 0.9% financing. This is for '08s. I've never bot there and am not in the market, though I did stop there once.
  • omvanomvan Member Posts: 2
    I picked up my new EX-L yesterday from the 2nd largest volume Honda dealer in MA. Total OTD price was $26850 (Base + Doc fee + TTL) all included. The sales person and his manager are very very nice people to work with. If you want any additional information please e-mail me at "r e b e c a m u r t h y @ g m a i l . c o m" (please delete all spaces in the above e-mail as this was to avoid webcrawlers from picking up the e-mail to spam)

Thanks for the posts from previous buyers as it had helped to get good price.
    A local dealer told me the Oct. incentives are that you get the special sale price along with special financing,,,does this apply to all dealerships?
  • kukudakukuda Member Posts: 1
    Hay. Great price for that van. I am in TX and iam not getting quores anywhere close to that. Do you guy think I can expect to go and bargen price below that ($29,839 OTD). Does the price also depends on what state you are buying. Please excledue the tax part from the above Numbers.

This is a great post to get an idea of how much one sould be paying.
  • desertkevdesertkev Member Posts: 76
    I went to pick it up and when I got there, they said it was being washed - so we started the paperwork. I asked again, and they said it was still being washed. That's when I started to wonder where my new car was. Turns out they had discovered a paint defect on the hood when the pulled that white plastic off the hood. They were trying to buff it off. I told them we have to get a new car as I am not paying that much for a new vehicle only to have it have paint defect. Note to all: DO NOT sign paperwork until you see the new vehicle and compare VIN to what you agreed to buy. THey are attempting to locate a new vehicle for me. I got the EXL with R and N for 29100 including destination. Taxes and tags additional.
  • calangcalang Member Posts: 7
    What's the best price out there for a 2008 Odyssey LX with the "off invoice"? I was quoted $22,500.00 for an '08.
    So far, the best quote that I have got is $20,562 + TTL (for a 2008 Odyssey LX).
    Could you tell me what city or at least state that was in? Thanks.
  • pilot04pilot04 Member Posts: 23
    Did you happen to get price qoute for EX or EX-L as well or just the LX?
    I got the quote in WA state. For 2008 EX, it was $23,364; didn't ask for an EX-L
    I got both the quotes about 2 weeks ago -- so, I'm guessing that I can get it for a little lesser now.
  • pilot04pilot04 Member Posts: 23
    WA dealers are usually not willing to deal as much as the other parts of the country. When I asked last month they were only doing the $3500 only after you tell them about it. :confuse:
  • toyobitoyobi Member Posts: 5
    Here is what I paid on 09-30-2008. Mine had no add-ons such as splash guards or wheel locks. I also got 2.9% for 60 months. There might be room for more discount because the deal was very easy. It only took 2 calls and 2 text messages, 30 minutes tops. I think text messaging is great for communicating with salesmen. I am in Southern California.

$32000 (670 destination charge included)
    $55 Document Preparation Fee
    $2480 California Sales Tax
    $290 License & Registration
  • bigdadi118bigdadi118 Member Posts: 1,207
    For your info : In MA --- Honda's #1 volume dealer, I saw the LX can go as less as $19K
    No Sales Tax and no State income tax in NH

I drive up to NH (45 mins) whenever there's a big purchase. No wonder all their biggest malls are next to the State line.

Car has to be registered in NH address in order to waive the sales tax. Lots of MA residents have their cars registered to their friend & relative NH address to avoid MA sales tax 5%.

Nice State ...
    Could you please give me the name of the dealership in MA?
    Thanks!
    Which dealership in NH do you use?
    Got my EX-L:

sale price 25,600 +TTL
    and used the 2.9% financing

lots of '08s left but limited color selection
  • skr2skr2 Member Posts: 32
    Hi Dave
    Thats a very good price for the vehicle. Can you help me with some info:
    State, Dealer, Sales person and breakup of the costs, would be very help ful for me, would also appreciate dealers email address, i need an email quote from the dealer, appreciate your help in advance
  • dominator555dominator555 Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know if the 08 honda incentives will get better in Nov? I think its $3500 off with .09% financing now.
  • chicagoraychicagoray Member Posts: 3
    I bought a LX 2 weeks ago at the price 19975 in Chicago suburb, destination included. After that I needed to pay tax at 8% here, doc fee 150, plate fee 143. Minus trade in for 1700, OTD 20332.
  • su_hydsu_hyd Member Posts: 24
    Wondering if you considered buying EX-L and if so, what was the OTD price quoted by West Broad Honda?
  • deb_09touringdeb_09touring Member Posts: 3
    Sounds like a great price to me. Through emails to dealers in my area, the lowest I was quoted on the '08 touring with no PAX was $32,900 before tax,tag.
  • toyobitoyobi Member Posts: 5
    That was just about what I was getting initially. I sent my offer about 1 hour before closing time on the last day of September by text-message. I think you may be able to do $31000 or even less. Don't worry if your offer will be too low and rejected. Dealers don't get offended by your offer. Besides, you will never know how close you are until you get a few rejections.
  • guarigliaguariglia Member Posts: 3
    I did at first look at the EX-L. By the time I got deep into negotiating w/ West Broad, I had already decided on the EX. The first cut quote from them on the EX-L was 25.7K (car)/27.2K(OTD). Again - this was there first offer, and I believe you can do close to 1K better. I had a first offer from Northern Virginia for 26.5K OTD, and all dealers have a lot more EX-Ls than plain EXs, so I'd imagine they want to deal. As I noted in my original post, I was very happy w/ the treatment I received from West Broad. If you look on their website, you can find the name and e-mail of the internet consultant. That's who I dealt w/, and once we came to an agreement, she passed me on to a salesman - just to do the paperwork. (no added pressure or upsale attempts)
    Thanks, I'm looking at the LX. $22,000 is the offer. I guess the EX is $3,100 more at this place. I'm not near VA. I'm in the NE.
    Thanks for sharing this info. Just on SEP 21st some one in this forum bought EX-L for 25.9K OTD from Fairfax Rosenthal (Northern VA dealer). The price you are suggesting is close to this price. One good thing is that this price is now complemented with 0.9% APR for 36 months or 2.9% APR for 60 months.
  • infinitiiinfinitii Member Posts: 9
    Hello

I am interested in buying Honda Odyssey 2008 with DVD & Navigation in IL,so can someone tell me what to request using Donkeypunch method and also which dealers offer good prices?..Can you send me the details of Donkey Punch method.

Thanks
  • newsubifannewsubifan Member Posts: 12
    I was quoted 20,662.00 + 648.00 dealer fee + TTL in Tampa.
    Also, we are considering buying the EX for 23,000 + TTL. I'm thinking that is a good price..........not sure?
  • wslcarbuyerwslcarbuyer Member Posts: 2
    So do you think I can get a better deal if I am negotiating the purchase price on 2 vehicles? My sis and I are both ready to buy so I wanted to know if I could use that as incentive when negotiating...as in "if you give me a good price I will buy 2" kind of thing.
  • go4thedewgo4thedew Member Posts: 9
    I purchased my car from Honda Cars of Bradenton.. in the end the dealers in Tampa jerked me around for a few hundred dollars. I purchased my car for 28,122 with door edge guards, splash guards, cargo mat, window tinting for front two windows and windshield strip, and fog lights ($500). This was including doc stamps for the loan, tax, dealer fee, a new tag ($250), etc. This was my complete out the door price with 2.9% for 60 months. Contact Mark Russell for a similar deal... tell him Big John sent you. This was my second Odyssey purchased there. Feel free to email me... john batsell @ savdg. com
  • go4thedewgo4thedew Member Posts: 9
    Pretty sure my purchase price was 25800 with all the above options.
    You can find it Page 1034
    of 20716 Coffee is for Closers... by donkeypunch1 Oct 01, 2008 (6:13 am)
  • vwpassat2001vwpassat2001 Member Posts: 12
    Just purchased a new 2008 Odyssey EX-L with RES. The final cost came to $28,089 + taxes only in the Denver area (no financing). Talked to multiple dealers, but everyone had the same quote with less than $100 differences between them. Waited for over a month and did some extensive negotiations but no one would lower the rate.

The best quote I got for a EX-L with RES & NAV is - $29913 + taxes.

Thanks to the forum for helping me out during the buying process.
  • persamppersamp Member Posts: 7
    Just before the end of the month, I purchased a Baltic Blue EX (no other options) for $21,891 + TTR from Honda Village in Newton. Other area (Boston Area) quotes were similar. Doc fee was 299 and Title/plates were $75.

I used Edmunds service to get quotes from 5 local dealers - all but 1 came in under $24k (including destination charge) for the EX.
  • hwdflhwdfl Member Posts: 1
    Thanks to all those who previoulsy posted returning the favor with my numbers..

2008 NAV and RES $29,200 Maroone Honda- Hollywood FL

+ $599 Dealer
    + Tax
    + Registration

+ 2.9% for 60 months

Went in on Saturday test drove was quoted $37,000, let them know I was serious about buying and when they are serious about selling to call me. They began to call the next day and negotiated over the phone to $29,200, did not mention trade of 2002 Tundra (90k) until after agreement on $29,200. Their first appraisal on Tundra was $3,500 held firm they finally came up to $4,650. The paperwork took about 2 hours and it was done. Without the help of all the previous post(s) I would have had no idea what was possible.. good luck!
    Just one clarification.....if you paid cash, were they ready to reduce your OTD price. If so, how much?

$22.450 for the car (not incl. $399 dealers fee), $23,650 OTD.
    I was planning on paying cash, but went w/ the 0.9% financing for 36 months
  • tambaydrivertambaydriver Member Posts: 26
    Thanks, I hope I can get close to your number.
  • eandimommyeandimommy Member Posts: 5
    Just purchased my EXL-RES for $27,025 including a doc fee ($99) and destination charges. Not including Tax, Title and License. Used the 2.9% financing. Also spent $499 on lifetime oil changes.

Also had quotes of EXL-RES & NAV for $28,500 including destination but with an additional $189 doc fee and EXL for $25,700 with same fees. Both with the financing. Would have gone with the EXL but dealer was less than helpful so purchased the EXL RES from another dealer.

Glad to be done. Hope everyone gets good deals. Thanks for the help.
  • carmensfcarmensf Member Posts: 6
    Just wondering, where do you live?
  • suriyasuriya Member Posts: 9
    Can you tell us the dealer name?
  • eandimommyeandimommy Member Posts: 5
    Purchased at Honda of Ames in Ames, Iowa. Good customer service. Got quotes from Inver Grove Honda in Minnesota and Holmes Honda in Des Moines, IA.
  • cccompsoncccompson Member Posts: 2,382
    Depending on your local market, a double sale may save a bit but not likely a significant amount. It's really only worth doing if you both are ready to buy anyway.
  • cccompsoncccompson Member Posts: 2,382
    Not sure where folks get the idea that dealers prefer cash sales but they don't because, generally speaking, it costs them the chance to make more money on financing.
    I understand that dealers make money by selling financing deals but deals like 0.9% for 36 months or 2.9% for 60 months in the current economy could cost some to Honda as the prevailing rates are higher.
  • nervo19nervo19 Member Posts: 2
    I just came back here to see how much lower they had gone. I got an EX-L on Sept 18 for 25,777 thanks to advice from this site. I used e-mail to contact several dealers. West Broad Honda gave me the best deal and were great to deal with. I never saw their internet sales lady. She assigns you to a manager. They honored the deal they gave me and did not try to high pressure sell extras. The actual sale took place very quickly. This is my sixth Honda and probably tenth car. Easiest deal ever.