Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• mkhasawnmkhasawn Member Posts: 19
    Thanks for the information!

Looking at your numbers, you did get the cash back as well, so that's good!

I agree that 08's are being taken quickly, but some dealers still have quiet a few. One of them had five 08 Tourings left!!!! I know the dealers' website may not be up-to-date, but I saw this on the salesman's computer screen the other day! This was in NYC, so I guess it just depends on where you are. Another dealer I talked to had none in stock!

Let's see, maybe they will extend the 0% to 60 months to get rid of all the 08's (I hope but doubt it). I think the competition is getting harder because Toyota recently announced the 0% (36 months) on most models. It's becoming interesting every day!
  • mommyof2boystxmommyof2boystx Member Posts: 5
    Actually, I was at Toyota today -, IF they would have had 2008's (they are sold out, we are in Houston home to low housing and lots of oil n gas, lots of these everywhere I live in big suburb )

anyway, I would have gotten ZERO percent on 60 months AND 6 months deferred payments! since it was truly zero percent it would have been fine for me to go 66 months and not have a car payment for 6 months, but all they had were 2009's!

so hope that helps someone!
  • prakanprakan Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

We also stay in TX, Could you send me the details base price, tax etc and the sales person name. Appreciate your help.

Thanks
  • prakanprakan Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

Please could you send me email your base price, taxes and OTD Price etc,and sales person name as I intended to purchase by this weekend I would appreciate your help.

my email: catchkrprasad@yahoo.com

Thanks
    I wanted to also thank you pavanman, I was able to surf to this message on my blackberry while with finance guy and quote directly your information and I too got a 100K 6 year ext warranty for $885 by listing the dealership name and location, I feel that is a superb score as feel most of the gadgets will need tweaking by year 4.

I then also had the name, number of each dealership ready to call from my cell phone and do business, telling them I had NO problem flying with one of my free flights from southwest airlines to drive a car down to save $$ something and then write off the trip for my husbands company. :P so each time that was when they said fine and we moved on.

thanks again
    K
  • sailfish2005sailfish2005 Member Posts: 11
    I hope it's not Coggin Honda Orlando because I had a really bad experience with the internet salesman. Promises you things and drops you after the the money clears.
  • flytexasflytexas Member Posts: 5
    Drove out of the dealership today with a very nice Deep Cherry Red 2009 Odyssey Touring...

Out the door cost was $40,190 including TTL (6.25% sales tax in Texas). We added a 7 year, 80K mile HondaCare warranty for $900 more.

Yes, that is a lot more than a 2008 would have been, but it is a year newer and the color we wanted, so it is what it is...

Drove it around this afternoon about 60 miles, had a lot of fun with the navi system and the bluetooth, both new for us. Picked up my 3 year old son and my mom and drove them to get ice cream, that was a lot of fun (and nothing spilled in the van to boot!).

Drives much nicer than my wife's old 2002 Explorer which we did not trade in as they did not make a reasonable offer for it ($2K).

We purchased from Honda Cars of McKinney. Overall the process was as expected, the van was clean and ready to be seen, the price was exactly as quoted via e-mail (I never went there until I had a check in hand), and the whole process took less than an hour. Overall, I was pleased with the purchase.

We ended up getting financed with Honda after all. Honda did 5.15%. Still, the monthly payment is painful. With $500 down, we're paying $770 a month for 5 years. This is the first brand new car purchase my wife or I have ever made, so we figured what the heck. A 3 year old son and a 2 month old daughter, now was the time.
  • fxguyfxguy Member Posts: 132
    This seems to be a lot of money for an Odyssey. Did you get any discount off MSRP?
    as a financial analyst I would have to suggest turning the car in, work on credit score, drive your FREE 2002 car for another year, make $770 a month to your savings account, which would you give you about $10,000, sell the 2K car on ebay giving you $12K, take the 2009 touring this time next year for 33K, put 12K down and get 2.9 financing and then save $20,000 + difference +whatever change in finance percentage would bring you ( a few thousand)

close your eyes and imagine what you u would do with $20,000 for your family with 2 young children and think about it

sorry if this is OT , I can't help myself here
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
    sorry if this is OT , I can't help myself here

Umm.. yeah.. might be OT.. :)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• ssk6ssk6 Member Posts: 8
    Hi,

I am new to this forum.

Is anybody planning to buy 2008 Odyssey EX-L or EXL-RES in NJ in the next 2 weeks.

What is the best OTD price you are getting and which dealer.

Any help is appreciated. I am looking to buy one in the last week of October.

Thanks
    Hi rrr3,

Did you buy EX-L in NJ yet? Did you get any better price and from which dealer ?

I am looking to buy in the last week of October.

Thanks
  • sarahvz1sarahvz1 Member Posts: 7
    Not it was Holler, isn't that the case with most car dealerships

But the folks at classic seem aggressive and are competing with themselves (Holler and Classic). so I am going to see what I can do - I have learned do not get attached to car salesperson it is a business deal and you have to choose what works best for you
  • zubairsmdzubairsmd Member Posts: 4
    I am shopping around for 2008 Odyssey EXL-RES in Dallas, Texas. could any body help me what is the best price i can get and from which dealer. Any help, guidance, suggestion would be greatly apperciated.
  • skr2skr2 Member Posts: 32
    Hi Zubair,
    I am also shopping for a similar model in Dallas. Maybe we should pool in our resources and try and get a better deal from the dealers, 2 vehicles at the same time. Let me know if you are interested
  • rshivdatrshivdat Member Posts: 11
    Please let me know how your final deal goes. I'm dealing with these same dealerships as well on a EXL. If your getting that deal with on an EX-L w/RES that's great. But I think the MSRP you're quoting is on a regular EX-L without RES.

Ravi
  • zubairsmdzubairsmd Member Posts: 4
    Could you share your all quotes you got from dealers. Let us negotiate together, we would definitely get the best price then.
    thanks
    zubair
  • g15g15 Member Posts: 8
    you guys think $27,400 is a good price for a EX-L RES?
  • sarahvz1sarahvz1 Member Posts: 7
    You were right Holler misquoted me - I went ahead with the deal at classic, My sales guy (Internet Manager) Mike Manning was very easy to work with

EX-L w/ res 2.9% interest
    1 year oil change and maitnenance - free

Here is what I paid
    + 250 for dealer installed protection package (price dropped from 900)
    OTD with tax, tag, title, and Dealer Fee 30324.56
    Yeah, make sure this is RES b/c that msrp is for the ex-l. don't let them trick you by signing for ex-l when you actually were shopping for ex-l res.
    if you didn't buy, i could have saved you at least $1k on that model. i got quotes ranging from $29k - $29.7k OTD for ex-l res. but since your sales experience was good, that's worth the it.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    A reporter is interested in talking with owners of a 2008 or 2009 Honda Odyssey who are also parents. If you are interested in commenting on your experience, please reply to jwahl@edmunds.com no later than Monday, November 3, 2008 and include your city and state of residence, the model year of your vehicle and the age of your child/ren.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• acurabuyer1acurabuyer1 Member Posts: 45
    Hi folks

Does any one have a price quote for a 2009 EX-L with RES. There are no 2008 models in the San Jose/ SFO area. (unless you know of one who has one).

The 2009 Prices are as follows

Selling Price $30,988.00
    Tire Fee $8.75
    Doc. Fee $55.00
    Sales Tax 8.25% $2,561.05
    DMV (Estimate) $286.00
    Total $33,898.80

Any comments? or Any one has a better price.

Feedback is appreciated.

Thanks
  • ibuyufoibuyufo Member Posts: 6
    Check with San Leandro Honda. I was at their lot and they had a lot of 2008 odysseys.
  • stevationstevation Member Posts: 15
    Hey, I don't think it was off topic. To me, it sounds like the original poster was star struck by this cool car and got a raw deal. They sounded a little unsure of whether they should have bought it, and personally, I think they're going to regret it after a few months of payments and when the "I got a cool new car" feeling wears off a bit.

I thought the financial advice was useful insight for the rest of us watching the forum.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
    I thought the financial advice was useful insight for the rest of us watching the forum.

True... and, yet... still off-topic.. :)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks, Did they give you an quotes for a EX-L?
    No, I didn't get a quote. I wasn't looking to buy the EX-L with RES. I ended up buying a 2009 silver with black touring from Honda of El Cerrito. Got $41k out the door. $1k of accessories were included in the price. It was one of the best price that I got for the 2009 model.
    The sales people there were good. The service department on the other hand decided to "throw" parts of my odyssey away after I got a running board installed from them. I thought the running board would go over the car's body without having to take apart anything but I was wrong. I only found that out when I looked underneath to check the car after the bottom scraped the floor while I was entering my garage. I asked for the parts back and the sales consultant said she checked with the service guy and he said it was discarded. I can't believe that they would not offer you the chance to keep the parts. According to the sales consultant she did not know that they would take the parts out either. I asked her to replace the parts because I'll never know if I'll take out the running board in the future. It's still ongoing on what they'll decide on but if I don't get those side boards back there will be hell to pay.
  • brentmaher22brentmaher22 Member Posts: 6
    I'll probably post after the purchase if all goes as planned. Here's the best deal I could find.

2008 Odyssey EX
    $22,200 - Destination included
    $149 - Document Fee
    $1251 - Milwaukee Wisconsin Tax (5.6%)
    $300 - Title, plates, registration
    ------------
    $23,900 "Out the Door"

MSRP = $28,950 so I'm looking at a $6,750 discount.
  • pavanmanpavanman Member Posts: 2
    Glad to help. I could not have done it without prior posts from others on this site.
    Good luck with your new vehicle.
  • mommato3boysmommato3boys Member Posts: 1
    We're also looking for a 2007 EX-L in the Balto/DC metro area & are just starting our research. Do you mind sharing what you ended up paying? Do you they have many 2008's left? Did you get quotes anywhere else & if so, what other dealers were competitive & still had 2008's? Thanks.
  • dvsuttondvsutton Member Posts: 48
    02 -03? Really? Mine is a 06. Try telling the six other people sitiing in the Honda pergatory here (they call it a waiting room) that the transmission problems were only on those model years. All of us are on our second or third trans. None of ours are less than two years old. Well, two of the transmission rebuilds are on Pilots though.
  • karjoli1karjoli1 Member Posts: 12
    Hi

Can you tell the name of the dealer in Upstate NY?
    Thanks for responding

It is interesting how the local bay area dealers in and around SJC/SFO are. I contacted around 10 of them. Most of them gave me a quote for 2008 model. Within a few minutes of acknowledging their emails, I got a follow up email saying that they are out of all their 2008! but wanted to know whether I am interested in looking at 2009.

I think they are completely out of 2008.
    I'm not sure. I don't think they're out of the 2008 models. I know for a fact that there are some left. If you have a chance stop by San Leandro or maybe even El Cerrito. El Cerrito had a lot of Silver EX-L models. San Leandro has an even wider selection.
  • bm4bm4 Member Posts: 1
    Hi, Just another bad experience with Honda on Grand, elmhurst, il. The rear bumper of my brand new Odyssey wasn't assembled properly (moving part) so, the paint on the corner peeled off. This is a manufacturing defect. Went to the service desk, the rep saw the car, told me that, the manager has to approve. Made no attempts to call the manager. I found the manager (who is walking around), he makes a comment "you have an option - we don't do body shop. You have to take it to the body shop" and started walking away. I told him it is a brand new Odyssey and manufacturing defect. He left with no reply. Went back to the service desk, stand there for another 10 minutes while rep is sitting at desk going through some paperwork. The rep doesn't pay any attention. I asked him, what's going on, what are you going to do. He says "I don't know, I can't find the manager". Still sits in the chair, makes no attempt. I said, "then you have to find him". He replies "I got to wrap - I am leaving in 15 minutes". I said "I am standing at service desk for 20 minutes, someone should attend me". He replies "why don't you call on Monday". I left. This happened at 5:15PM on Friday and they are open till 9:00 PM. Called Honda customer service - "Sorry to hear. It shouldn't happen. We can't help. You have to go to the dealer. I can find you another dealer in your location". I said "no. thanks. I have access to the internet".
  • joebertjoebert Member Posts: 22
    That's a terrible experience. Call Honda customer service....hopefully you kept track of names. Also, do a few reviews of them on various websites.
  • deb_09touringdeb_09touring Member Posts: 3
    Last week, I bought a 2009 touring model for $37,191 plus TTL in Central Florida. I went for the 2009 because I really wanted the black with tan interior and Florida has no 2008s left in that color combination. I followed the approach recommended on this site. I emailed 12 dealers, not including the one closest to me. I also took my 2004 Toyota Sienna to Carmax. The dealership who gave the lowest quote wouldn't come anywhere near Carmax for my Sienna. I then called my dealership nearby. They wouldn't touch the deal. I contacted a third dealer (Coggin Deland Honda) who who beat the lowest internet deal and the Carmax deal on my used car by $3. :) I bought the car from them.
  • brentmaher22brentmaher22 Member Posts: 6
    Ok, here's what we ended up with....

2008 EX White w/ Tan interior
    $22,000 (base and destination)
    $169 (document fee's)
    $1241.47 (Tax)
    ---------------------
    $23574.47

Milwaukee Wisconsin
  • ekdalekdal Member Posts: 10
    I'm in NC and I have a qoute for 27.2k OTD for a new 08 EX-L. I like the dealer and would like to pull the trigger but I invariably pull it too quickly. Does this seem like a fair price? Also, any guess if prices will come down dramatically in the next few months?
    congratulations on a great deal! you bought your ex $811 cheaper than me. you must have taken all their hold back and dealer fees. was the dealer overstocked and needed to sell or did your vehicle had a lot of miles?
  • flytexasflytexas Member Posts: 5
    We paid $300 over invoice on the 2009 Touring... Without the 2008 incentives, it makes it quite a bit more expensive than a 2008 EX-L NAV RES would have been, but it is the color we want and has the features we want. We drive cars a long time, we'll probably have this for 8 years.

As for the money, I know that it would make more financial sense to keep what we have, or even to get a 2008 EX-L, but we can afford it, so that is what we bought.

The advice is appreciate in any case. I was just sharing what a 2009 deal looked like, since I have seen so few posted.
  • stonerenstoneren Member Posts: 6
    More than 6 years credit history and 750+ credit score, but the dealership told me that I am not qualified for Honda's 36 months 0.9%APR, and since I have never bought a new car, my best rate is 8.9%APR. Any comments? Thank you very much.
  • nobodyyouknownobodyyouknow Member Posts: 21
    Yea, call another dealer.
  • nobodyyouknownobodyyouknow Member Posts: 21
    "I'm in NC and I have a qoute for 27.2k OTD for a new 08 EX-L. I like the dealer and would like to pull the trigger but I invariably pull it too quickly. Does this seem like a fair price? Also, any guess if prices will come down dramatically in the next few months? "

It depends on the breakdown of the price. What's the base price+ destination+ttl all broken out? I'd say somewhere around $25.5 (inclusive of destination &processing fees)+TTL is a good deal. Less is a great deal. A few people have posted 25k+TTL on here.
    Is it possible for me to get a 0.9% apr from other dealerships or the call just make the apr lower than 8.9%?
  • bigdadi118bigdadi118 Member Posts: 1,207
    Try AAA and credit union or use online search for best car loan rates ... you may also try another dealer to double-check the Honda Finance, in case the first dealer screwed up something. Change to 2.9% for 60 months or a co-signor can change the whole situation as well.
    Thank you very much, guys. Your info is much valuable for me.
    Hi,

I got these 2 quotes for 2008 Odyssey EX-L from 2 NJ dealers. Is it a good price ?

Did anyone get any better prices ?

$26036 (including dest. charges) & $25998 (including dest. charges)
    + TTL.

Thanks
    got $25,800+TTL in TX