Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• ssk6ssk6 Member Posts: 8
    Hi,

Has anyone fitted the DVD player (preferrably 2 monitors) / Entertainment system externally in 2008 Odyssey EX-L ? (ie: did not buy the RES with Odyssey, but got one from the market)

Can you please provide the details? (Price + labor to fix it, Performance etc).

I was just thinking whether to get the RES or to buy from outside. (diff of $1500 without RES). Just saw 2 monitors system in Walmart for $600 (name starts with V), but not sure about the quality and the hassles involved in fixing it.

Thanks
  • ekdalekdal Member Posts: 10
    Okay, waiting a few days has helped. Here's the latest offer I have.

Sale price...........................................25,772.38
    Processing fee....................................$399.00
    Sales tax 3%......................................785.14
    Dealer License tax 2/10%...................51.54
    Tag/Title.............................................54.50
    Dmv filing fee......................................$10.00

OUT THE DOOR TOTAL: 27,072.57

I'm the sort that will fight for every penny but I don't want to be absurd about things either. Should I expect much lower for an ODY EX-L?
  • lcmarshlcmarsh Member Posts: 4
    I have been quoted $29,795 for a 2008 EX-L with DVD and Nav from Lynwoood Honda. Has anyone gotten one recently in this area for less? Or do you think this is a good price and we should go ahead and buy it?

This one is Dark Cherry. We really want Black. I have another dealer telling me they don't quote prices over email but they will match any other dealer's price if I bring it in writing, and they do have a black one.
    Hi ekdal,

Which location (state & dealership) are these prices for ? Does the sale price 25,772.38 include the destination charges also (ie: $670 dest charges) ?

I got a recent quote for 2008 Odyssey EXL in NJ for 25,366 + destination + TTL.

Thanks
    -ssk6
  • minivansrockminivansrock Member Posts: 11
    Just drove home with the 2008 Touring Black/Black no PAX for $32, 149. Same deal as I posted last week. Dealer also gave me the 8yr/120K warranty for $1245. Very satisfied. Hope you all do well.
  • bclscottbclscott Member Posts: 1
    I'm also looking for an 08' Odyssey EX, any idea what rebates or dealer cash are being offered. I've seen an ad for $23,399 (Syracuse, NY), so I'm assuming they were offering it at invoice with additional dealer cash of about $3500 but am not sure if this was a bottom line figure or what.
  • waldinwaldin Member Posts: 8
    Any one brought a Touring 08/09 recently in Chicago area? would like to know the price paid out the door...thanks in advance.
  • dvsuttondvsutton Member Posts: 48
    You're at the tip of the iceburg. I hope that all of these people considering Honda's products are reading these posts about lousy transmissions that last less than 20k miles , rattles, oil leaks, and overall terrible dealer service. If not, they are fools.
  • karjoli1karjoli1 Member Posts: 12
    How does $24,999 sound? If you can pick it from MA, give me an email address and I will have the dealer contact you (assuming he still has EX-L in stock).
    How does 22,599 for EX sound, If you are willing to drive 2-5 hours?

Give me an email address and I will have the dealer contact you (assuming they still have EX in stock)
    I got that qoute from Westbroad Honda in Charlotte, NC. Dest included. Good luck.
  • acurabuyer1acurabuyer1 Member Posts: 45
    Hi Folks

Can any one tell me what is the best price quote that they have received for a 2009 EX-L with RES? There are no 2008 EX-L in San Jose/SFO area. The best price before TTL is 31k that I have got so far.

Your feedback is appreciated.

Thanks
    West Broad is in Richmond VA, not Charlotte NC. Also I meant to add our local audio guys qouted me a better DVD and bluetooth and nav for about 2k less than an Ody with Nav and Res.
  • brentmaher22brentmaher22 Member Posts: 6
    The dealer had 3-4 other 08 EXs on the lot. The first time we test drove the one we actually bought it had 8 miles on it.

Thx
  • zixy_triszixy_tris Member Posts: 8
    Just got 2008 Odyssey EX $22100 +TTL
  • cvkkcvkk Member Posts: 8
    I was enquiring about 2008 Odyssey with Capitol Honda but they are out of 2008s and he quoted $31,698 (including destination) for 2009 EX-L with RES.

I didn't negotiate as I was looking for a 2008.
  • dpatdukedpatduke Member Posts: 3
    A dealer in the Raleigh-Durham, NC area has offered me the following deal on an 09 Touring (no PAX).

$36,702 + 3% tax + 472 fee for an out the door price of $38,276.

How does that sound? I wonder if Honda will kick in incentives next month and whether it's worth waiting for a few weeks.

Thanks.
  • hot2004hot2004 Member Posts: 26
    What's the dealer's name or city or zipcode?
  • jshonda1jshonda1 Member Posts: 1
    Just purchased a 2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L with RES from Landmark Honda in Alexandria, VA for $28,200 out the door. The breakdown is as follows:

Odyssey EX-L with RES: $26,860.81
    Fees and Tax: $1,339.19
    Total: $28,200.00
    Hi,

I have a basic question about the Remote starter /remote door lock/unlock for 2008 Odyssey EXL - Does it come as a standard feature or is it an additional accessory for which we need to pay ? How much does it cost ?

Any input is appreciated.

Thanks
  • snoozy3snoozy3 Member Posts: 1
    i got a quote for basic EXL with rear view camera at 26,650 plus taxes. does that sound right?
  • bigdadi118bigdadi118 Member Posts: 1,207
    Should be $1k lower IMHO.
    30.3K OTD for a Honda with Res and Navi.
    Your Discounted Internet Price: $28,995
    State Sales Tax: $869.85
    State Tag: $70.50
    Documentation: $389
    TOTAL: $30,324.35
  • cccompsoncccompson Member Posts: 2,382
    A remote starter is not standard equipment on the Odyssey. Price will vary by dealer and/or your negotiating skills. By contrast, Toyota offers one on many of its models at a list of $529.
    If you give me an email address and configuration you are looking for, I will have the dealer contact you. It is a choice between few dealers located in 250 mile radius of NY CITY, depending upon what you are looking for.
  • forumfollowerforumfollower Member Posts: 1
    Thanks to everyone for the great information in this forum, it is very helpful!

Bought our 2008 Odyssey EX-L today from Northwest Honda in Owings Mills MD.

Only (unwanted) extras were mudflaps and wheel locks.

Here's the breakdown for our new 2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L, no RES, no NAV, Ocean Mist, $32880.00 MSRP:

$25342.49 (includes $670 destination charge)
    100.00 dealer processing fee
    1526.55 6% Maryland taxes
    222.00 Maryland title and tags
    $27191.04 OTD

We took the 0.9% financing for 36 months.

We had an excellent experience with Northwest Honda. They slightly beat the best e-mail quote we had. They had the car ready and waiting for us. It was just as described in e-mail, and had only 7 miles on it before our test drive.

We said no to a very soft-sell pitch for $1500 worth of new tires/windshield/etc. insurance. I do wonder if others with more haggling skills could have gotten it down to 27K flat, or maybe had crossbars or a cargo tray tossed in.

We couldn't plan on going shopping with the kids on Halloween night for last-day-of-the-month deals though. And we may regret it if Honda has way better incentives in November.

Just I really wanted the Ocean Mist color with as few extra add-ons as possible. Seemed like it would be difficult to get a basic 2008 EX-L in Ocean Mist by November, there are not many of them left in Maryland.

Good luck to everyone! :)
    hotobhaga at yahoo dot com

I am looking for 2008 EX-L base model. I am in NJ, but ready to drive extra miles if I get a deal.
  • hotdealsniperhotdealsniper Member Posts: 6
    Just picked up a 2008 EX-L with RES and NAVI for $29,000 even no fees we just paid tax and title. We got the honda care 8yr 120K warranty for $1400 and added the 5yr tire protection for $200. Car had 4 miles on it. They also threw in all season floor mats for free because of a tiny scratch on the bumper. SUPER DEAL especially seeing as how the sticker is $36,500. We went with the 36month financing at 0.9%. Total interest for the loan will be $417. Not bad at all.

Got ours from Burt Kuni Honda in Denver. They got lots more on the lot. Everyone was awesome and we did the deal over the phone so no waiting.
    Hi,

Went to 2 dealerships in NJ today (Open Road Honda & VIP Honda) and they had only white odyssey EX-L, which we obviously did not want. (They were not budging with the price too for that. One of them was in fact claiming that only he has the only 2008 Odyssey EXL in stock). They had couple of EXL with RES/NAV, but we were not interested in that.

Also called couple of other dealerships and they were out of 2008 Odyssey EX-L. Some had again the EXL with RES/NAV.

Does anybody know which other dealers in NJ or nearby have more stock of 2008 Odyssey EXL ?

We definitely want to buy in next week.

Thanks
    I just checked the inventory of VIP Honda, it's showing they have 3 EX-L left, out of which 2 are Ocean Mist Metallic and 1 White. But this may be wrong if their online inventory is not up to date.

Try Potomkin in NYC. They have plenty (10+) of stocks for EX-L. Not much color choice for other dealers.

I do not think there will be any EX-L left for Nov in NJ / NYC area.
  • inshaninshan Member Posts: 4
    Does anyone know how where to locate the transmission fluid filter and how to replace it? I check in my owners manual but I haven't notice any info.
    Thanks.
    http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=5742516

Scroll up to top and you will see picture of it.
  • sh34sh34 Member Posts: 2
    I went to Potamkin Honda today to look at the Ody EX-L. I thought the deal 27k OTD was attractive and I was ready to buy the car. However, the dealership made me wait 45 minutes until I could finally talk to a salesperson. Then the sales person told me to 'keep waiting in the customer lounge." After sitting at the dealership for over an hour, we were feeling sick about the whole experience. I wonder how often other customers get this kind of treatment. Some dealers make customers wait hours and hours before a car be driven off the lot as a strategy to make you buy a car, since the customer has already wasted all that time. I would have preferred Potamkin had said.. "please wait 1.5 hours because we are busy " at least I would have the opportunity to do a few choirs and come back.

Are there any courteous Honda dealers in NYC that want to sell cars?
    Even you want to do business with them and they still didn't take care of you ... copy and paste - report to the dealer review section. Dealer like this deserves less business or even go out of biz.
  • tampa08odytampa08ody Member Posts: 1
    I purchased a 2008 Odyssey EX-L w/o RES or NAV on Tuesday, 10/14/08. I received a lot of great information from this forum with regard to price and strategy, so I wanted to give back.

I purchased from Regal Honda of Lakeland, FL. Here is what I paid:

SELLING PRICE*$25,400.00

DEALER INSTALLED ACCESSORIES$0.00

TRADE ALLOWANCE*$0.00

TRADE DIFFERENCE$25,400.00

CUSTOMER SERVICE FEE$369.00

ELECTRONIC TAG FILING FEE$24.00

TIRE/BATTERY WASTE FEE$6.50

AMOUNT TAXABLE FROM ABOVE$25,799.50

COUNTY TAX$50.00

SALES TAX$1,547.97

Motor Vehicle Warranty Trust Fund$2.00

LICENSE PLATE FEE$210.00

TOTAL CASH DIFFERENCE$27,609.47

BALANCED OWED ON TRADE$0.00

DEPOSIT$0.00

TOTAL$27,609.47

We ended up doing a trade which is not reflected here. But the price of the car did not change from what we were quoted via email (I pasted the above from their email to me). In fact, they transferred the tag for us, which is about $100 cheaper than a new tag, and passed those savings on to us. We also got the Honda financing (2.9% for 60 months) and declined the extended warranty, gap insurance, service plan, etc.

We had a great experience from Regal Honda of Lakeland. :D They answered all of our questions promptly and delivered exactly what they promised. They also accommodated our schedule (we closed at about 9 pm on a Tuesday). We accepted their offer online before we drove from Tampa to Lakeland. There was no wasted time or bs at the dealer. The only minor exception was a strong pitch from the biz manager to sell us extended warranty, etc. We declined after a little back and forth and were on our way home in our new car.

We also had very positive experiences with the following dealers in the area:
    - Venice Honda - :D - First dealer to provide an OTD price and breakdown via email. Very nice and informative throughout without being pushy. Only reason we did not go with him is that he could not get close to the above price.
    - Crown Honda of Pinellas Park - :D - Almost as prompt as Venice Honda. Answered all of our questions and provided other useful information. Did not have the color we wanted.

I would steer clear of Tampa Hondaland. They seemed like a bunch of jerks. But don't take my word for it. Check out the reviews on DealerRater.com. I did not read these until after the fact, but I feel like we dodged a bullet. :mad:

Also, don't bother with Gateway Honda of Port Richey is you want to negotiate via email. These guys would not communicate via email. :mad:

We are very happy with our new car. Good luck with your purchase!
    I have requested two of the dealers to contact you on your email address. Please check you email which you provided in this post today. I also sent you an email with names.
  • alahotialahoti Member Posts: 1
    I am also looking to purchase an EXL with RES/NAV. Is that $29,000 plus TTL or out the door?
  • zubairsmdzubairsmd Member Posts: 4
    I got 2008 Odyssey EXL RES for 27.500 + TTL + license. Added 5yr 75k warranty for 1500. I feel this would be the best deal in Dallas
  • ateeqahmadateeqahmad Member Posts: 4
    hello beew,

We are looking for the same car. Did you finally get, and at what price?

Thanks in advance!

ateeq
  • tripletdad10tripletdad10 Member Posts: 1
    Shopping for the EX-L with RES... Rock Honda in Fontana California offered a base price of $26,999 + tax, lic, fees and 2.9% financing for 5 yrs. Weir Canyon offered $29,500 the day prior, then said they would match the Rock Honda offer, but suggested the DVD may not be a factory product and the financing would cost extra - all of which were not issues (at Rock Honda).

We heard the 2.9 financing may end this month on prior year models and the prior year dealer incentives ($3,500+) may also end this month.

This is a great price considering we paid $26,000 in 2002 for a new Chevy Venture (poor quality vehicle)...
  • mplshondadlrmplshondadlr Member Posts: 409
    Stay away from Weir Canyon. They're not on the up and up with you.
    Thanks to everyone for the great information in this forum, it was really very helpful!

Finally, we bought our 2008 Odyssey EX-L (Mocha Mettallic) on Monday 10/27/2008 from Planet Honda,Rt 22 W Union, NJ.

They threw in the "Splash guards" and the "Door Edge Guards". The only extra thing (unnecessary) was $249 - KeyGuard service for 5 yrs.

Here's the breakdown for our new 2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L, no RES, no NAV :

$25844 (including destination -> $670).
    $1826.51 (7% NJ Taxes)
    $354 (MV Registration + Title)
    $349 (Doc fee)
    $7.50 (Tire Tax)
    $8.50 (Online charges/Fees -- ????)

The OTD price was $28,639 and we got the 2.9% for 36 months. (which was still not bad at all - just missed on the 0.9% based on score).

Did not get the GAP insurance or the extended warranty (7Yrs/75K for $1435 -- They were willing to extend it to 100K, since I denied 75K).

We really wanted the Mocha Mettallic with as few extra add-ons as possible.
    Seemed like it would be difficult to get a basic 2008 EX-L in Mocha Mettallic by November, there are not many of them left in NJ.

They had 1 more Mocha Mettallic and couple of Black, White and Ocean Mist mettallic.

If anyone is interested, I can give the sales person name (He was very nice and not pushy at all - overall experience of all the people that we dealt was very nice).

Good Luck to all the buyers and happy halloween !!!!
    It was like this

$28601.00 - 2008 Odyssey EX-L w/NAV and RES. Destination included.
    $399 - Dealer fee
    $2359 - tax at 8.25%
    $1400 - 8yr 120K warranty no deductible
    $200 - 5yr tire protection (wife just got a flat the week before)
    --------------------
    $32959 total OTD (tax is a [non-permissible content removed])

Went with .09% financing 36 months.
    .... $200 - 5yr tire protection (wife just got a flat the week before)

I paid $20 to fix a flat at Honda dealer. $200 is 10 x Fix-A-Flat. I don't think this is at your advantage, except there are lots more on top of fix-a-flat.
    I disagree. My wife also got a flat tire last week in our CRV. Cost me $364. Tire was damaged beyond repair. Tread wear was below acceptable limits for one tire replace and was forced to purchase 2 tires. These were the Contis 4x4 tires. The michelins on the Odyssey are more expensive.

But you are probably right. I think $200 was too much as well. They started out at $395 for that plan. $200 is what I got them down to. Oh well. Lets see if it ever comes in handy??
  • mplshondadlrmplshondadlr Member Posts: 409
    Don't these tire protection plans also cover the wheel? At my dealership we just had a gal come in who hit something that blew out her tire and sent her into a curb which busted up the rim. She got a new rim and tire (the car was less then a month old). She saved about $1500.00 - Honda wheels are expensive!
  • mdxdriver1mdxdriver1 Member Posts: 3
    I got a quote of $25,600+TTL for '08 EX-L via e-mail from First Texas Honda, Austin, TX, last week. When I went to the dealer to buy the Odyssey they first said it was a special for just one day then the story changed that it was a mistake in their quote and the price is no longer valid. I had contacted them via e-mail and phone on several occasions before going to dealer showroom, at no point did the dealer retract the price until I walked in ready to buy. Their explanations were inconsistent and they seemed very dishonest.

I live in Austin, so what is a reasonable price for a '08 EX-L in central Texas or for that matter in Texas?

Thanks for your help.
  • davidingilbertdavidingilbert Member Posts: 53
    MDx - first off, that is a load right there. Talk about changing the price at the absolute last minute - the ultimate "bait & switch".

I don't live in Texas, but if you do an advanced search of the Odyssey forum with some variable of "Texas" as the key word, it should narrow it down.
    Isn't there some guy in the Dallas area "David McDavid"? I see his cars once in a while in Phoenix. (just a thought). Maybe he has a Honda franchise.

$25,600 seems to be in the ball park in general for the Odyssey EX-L. I am keeping a little spreadsheet of what people are paying because my wife & I are about to be in the market and want to have an idea of what people are paying.
    Doesn't seem too bad.

Good luck.
    Dave
    Stick to $25,500 on 08 EXL without any extra options.
    Dest Ccharge should be included
    plus Honda special financing
  • roccop2roccop2 Member Posts: 4
    I've never used a buying service to buy a car. I've gone to two buying services and they have offered a 2009 Odyssey Touring at either $100 or $200 respectively above dealer invoice. Based on everyones experience here is that a good deal or can I do better on a 2009?

Thanks for any input.

--Rocco--