Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• liaodyliaody Member Posts: 4
    I just purchased my new 08 EXL yesterday. Thanks to this forum, it helps me a lot to get a great deal.
    $25,914 (Destination Charge included) plus tax and tags.
    2.9% for 60 months Honda financing.
    I was planning to purchase at the end of Nov. but most of the dealer had few of the 08 available especially the EXL.
    I'm from Central Pa.
  • ibuyufoibuyufo Member Posts: 6
    So how much are they charging for invoice now?
  • arvai2arvai2 Member Posts: 7
    First off thanks to everyone who posted in this thread -- it is extremely helpful and I will never purchase another car without coming here before hand.

I just purchased a Honda Odyssey EX-L w/ RES & NAV from Hugh White Honda in Columbus OH. I only wanted EX-L w/ RES but they couldn't find one in 6 states with my color choice (black) so I spent the extra dough on the NAV to get the color.

I only dealt over the internet and it was a very good experience - excellent actually. Nothing shady or questionable -- I showed up and they gave me the exact same deal we agreed to prior. I even introduced a trade in and put more money down once I got there without any problems.

Hugh White even went above and beyond to help me arrange this purchase as an x-mas gift.

The numbers:
    $29154.00 (destination included)
    250.00 documentation fees
    1967.89 sales tax (6.75%)
    25.50 title fees
    -------------
    OTD $31397.39

I did the 2.9% financing over 60.

I've seen a few deals on here that would beat this but I think all things considered I got a solid deal here.
  • roccop2roccop2 Member Posts: 4
    Sure. For the Touring 4-door van (without run flat tires) they would be charging $36,586 plus Destination charge of $670.

So my question still remains. Is a $100 to $200 above dealer invoice a good deal or in general, people have been able to do better than that on a 2009 Odyssey. I know there are special deals to clear out the 2008's but I'm focused on 2009 for now.

My second thought is I wonder if Honda is going to lower the Financing charge for 2009's once the 2008's are gone. With the Prime rate dropping again, my thought is that 2.9% financing may be too high compared to their competition. What does everyone think?
  • ibuyufoibuyufo Member Posts: 6
    I paid $36,815 for my 2009 touring. That was the lowest I could get about a month ago. I added a couple of options so it came out to be $41k out the door after all the added taxes and stuff.
  • feiyangfeiyang Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

I am based in NJ and will purchase an Odyssey soon. Could you give me the sales person's contact. Your deal looks attractive.
  • ultmcseekerultmcseeker Member Posts: 3
    "Stick to $25,500 on 08 EXL without any extra options. " is a good suggestion.

To add to it;
    I have seen the dealers having good mark-ups on the accessories. Get the price of the Honda Accessories, which you may be interested in, from online merchants as another negotiation tool.
  • jmd164jmd164 Member Posts: 7
    got an 08 odyssey ex for 23400 from independence honda in bloomsburg pa, thought it was a great deal. going back and will get a ridgeline when my audi a4 is up. hoping to get an 08 ridgeline rt for less than 20G.
  • newsubifannewsubifan Member Posts: 12
    We finally purchased our new Odyssey. I believe we got a super deal and the people who worked with us were super as well. We bought from Kuhn in Tampa. We went OTD at 15,400. I had a meager trade, a 2000 Honda CRV LX MT, which I know they offered too much for in order to get our business. The LX is really not bad, especially for the price. I hope Honda sales improves in the near future. We need these guys to stay in business!
  • ingrid29ingrid29 Member Posts: 1
    Last week we purchased a 2008 Odyssey EX-L w/ RES, we were on the fence so the dealer threw in accessories at cost (crossbars and all weather mats) fabric protection for floor and $500 card for parts and service at dealer w/ 3 free oil changes.

$ 27,500.00 (dest included)
    $ 250.00 doc fees
    $ 1,942.50 tax (7%)
    $ 25.50 title/license fee

$ 29,718,00 OTD

2.9% financing for 60 months
  • roccop2roccop2 Member Posts: 4
    It seems like there is a ton of information about financing rates for the 2008 Odyssey. I see nothing about financing rates for 2009 Odysseys. Please share what rates you are getting or seeing for 2009 Odyssey's for 36 months and for 60 Months. I had a dealer offer me 5.9% financing for 36 months which seemed very high to me. Please share any information on this you might have.
  • sailfish2005sailfish2005 Member Posts: 11
    is that otd price or base price w/ destination?
  • zubairsmdzubairsmd Member Posts: 4
    Hi
    I got 5yr - 75 k for $1500. Could you please send me the copy of this details ($1400 - 8yr 120K warranty no deductible ). Can you email me the receipt or document to my email id zubairsmd@gmail.com. I negotiated with them while getting delivered the same van(EXL RES). They were asking me for a proof.
    I would really appreciate if I get the copy of the this warranty document.
    Thanks in advance.
    zubair
  • ultmcseekerultmcseeker Member Posts: 3
    I could not find the appropriate forum for this question. BTW, I bought an 08 Odyssey EX-L without RES and I am curious to know the best aftermarket option for rear entertainment.

Please share your recommendations.
  • mkhasawnmkhasawn Member Posts: 19
    Just go to myhondawarranty.com and you can buy it from them for $1,195 (96 months, 120k miles). I am assuming you're talking about the Honda Care extended warranty.
  • su_hydsu_hyd Member Posts: 24
    Wondering if anyone has details of November month dealer incentives for 08 Odyssey? If so, please share the information.

I see that Honda is no longer offering special interest rates for the month of November. Is that true?
  • mplshondadlrmplshondadlr Member Posts: 409
    2008 and 2009 Odyssey rates are both at 1.9% and 3.9% depending on term. Dealer cash stayed the same at $3500.00 for the remaining 2008's.
  • dordavdordav Member Posts: 1
    Austin, TX 4Nov08, Howdy Honda
    Invoice -$3500, Got tray, wheel locks, mud guards thrown in. Fair trade-in.
    Got 1.9% financing (instead of 0.9% offerred yesterday)
    Overall good experience.
    Thank you very much for sharing this info.
    What is the payback period for the 1.9% finance deal that you got for your EX-L RES+NAV ?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,175
    Hi ultmcseeker..

Try posting here: Honda Odyssey Audio, iPod, Bluetooth, Video Questions

Someone else may have experience with an aftermarket system on an Odyssey.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• mkhasawnmkhasawn Member Posts: 19
    One dealer in South CA just told me:

"This month we can no longer give you the incentives we offer you last month. This month Honda only offers Dealer cash or Honda rates. We no longer give both."

So it's either $3500 cash back or 1.9% APR for 36 months and 3.9% APR for 60 months.

If he truly knows what he's talking about, this is not good news! Not sure what Honda is thinking!
  • ekdalekdal Member Posts: 10
    Well I was just offered 30.6 from my local dealer here in NC. Includes mud gaurds, rail something or other and trunk box. I guess it's not bad. I'm thinking inflation might hit and although I was offered about 300 less from a dealer in Charlotte I like shopping locally.
  • arvai2arvai2 Member Posts: 7
    I just received the following from an Ohio dealership:

"The only difference in the October Specials vs. the November Specials is Honda increased the interest rates to 1.9% for 24-36mos and 3.9% for 37-60mos...we still have the dealer cash available with financing."
  • tfield3dmdtfield3dmd Member Posts: 3
    Shopped a 2009 Odyssey Touring w/ PAX (MSRP $41,675) today with 5 dealers here in South Florida. Best deal as of 8 pm tonight was for 36 months 15k miles per year - $1500 total due at signing (all fees and 1st month payment tax in) and $640 per month (tax in - 6%). Money factor of 0.00161 and residual of 46% - Is this a good deal, or should I keep shopping? Thanks! :confuse:
  • zolcatzolcat Member Posts: 14
    Is this how to calculate the price right now, or is there something else out there that can be used to reduce the final price?

29,166 [Invoice Price from Edmunds for a plain EXL]
    - 875 [3% of 29166Dealer Holdback]
    - 3,500 [Manufacturing rebate]
    + 670 [Destination Charges]
    =25,461 [Sale Price]
    + 1,528 [CT 6% Tax of Sale Price]
    + 470 [Title,Plates,Fees]
    =27,459 [Final out the door price]

Thanks.
  • chuckiscchuckisc Member Posts: 31
    Where's your "low-ball" offer?
    $27,500 seem like a target price. But anything below it, would be good!
    The dealer offered me $27,500 out the door (no haggling) when I went for the test drive, but I didn't like the color they had in stock, and hadn't driven the Sienna then, so I told them I'd come back after a bit more research. This was on Monday, before the 0.09% APR promotion expired.
  • airoopsairoops Member Posts: 9
    Looks like from their website that they still have 100+ 2008's in stock... have to imagine there are some pretty good deals to be had to clear out all of the 08 inventory... if anyone has dealt with Boch and can share pricing.. would be appreciated!
  • phinman1phinman1 Member Posts: 4
    I just paid $26,300 for a 2008 EX-L w/out NAV two days ago. Awesome deal...I kept thinking while I was completing the paperwork, hurry up before somebody figures out they screwed up the numbers.

This van has everything but the NAV which I already have in a portable unit. Got the color the wife wanted and the kids got DVD system to keep them occupied during the roadtrips.
    Is the $26,300 price you paid for 08 EX-L with RES is OTD price or the base price?
  • wingnut330wingnut330 Member Posts: 9
    Hello all,

I'm looking at a Honda Certified EXL w NAV & RES. It looks to be in great shape. The downside is that it has 52,000 miles. The asking price is $22,600.

Does that seem like a good price? What should I offer?
    Is this OTD price, if so is it MA tax?
    Also, did you get any special finance from Honda i.e. 1.9% for 36 months or 3.9% for 60 months?
  • kp1pbrkp1pbr Member Posts: 7
    You are at $6000 - 6500 difference from from an equivalant 2008 EX-L RES/NAV. Plus when you factor in the 0.9% financing the difference will shrink even more (about 5000). Remember the 2008 is the year of the refresh and it has many added extra features over the 2007 (pwr passenger seat, mp3/aux, tri-zone, restyled front/rear & more). Plus the MSRP is 1500 more than 07. I have never seen incentives like this ever on Odysseys. I purchased mine back in June when the cashback was only 2k.

You will have a FULL warranty on the new one whereas the 07 is out of warranty. In my opinion it should be a no brainer to purchase a brand new. If the 07 was about 19500 or less than the difference may be weighed out.
  • jer77jer77 Member Posts: 3
    Getting ready to pull the trigger on a 2009 EXL with RES - best price I can get is $32,159 which includes wheel locks, splash guards, and rear cargo tray.

They are also giving me a nice amount for my trade (2003 Jeep)

What do you think? I know the deals are better on the 2008, but my wife really wants the power lift gate. Thoughts?
  • nixonnixon Member Posts: 11
    Can you elaborate on the EX-L RES NAV deal that you got from Howdy Honda?

Edmunds shows cost + destination to be 33,089. was you net cost after subtractracting $3500 incentive $29589, or did you factor in the dealers volume rebates to determine cost?
  • davidingilbertdavidingilbert Member Posts: 53
    Jer77 - if your wife really wants the Power lift gate, you may be able to make a deal on a 2008 Odyssey Touring edition at a dealership - depending on stock quantities.
    If they do not have any, then stick with the 2009.
    My wife & I have had the same discussion regarding 08 vs. 09 and the power lift gate issue.
    Keep in mind though, because the Touring is more expensive overall, you may get a good deal on an 08 Touring relative the price of the Touring, but may not be as good as the 09 EX-L with power lift gate because of the price difference in general.
    (Does that make sense?!) :confuse: ;)
    If you would like, email me - I have something that outlines the differences between the two model years and the two models that may help you out in some way shape or form.
    davidingilbert@hotmail.com
  • kris25kris25 Member Posts: 1
    IS IT OUT-THE-DOOR PRICE?
  • vemvem Member Posts: 1
    Just bought a Odyseesy 2008 EXL today from Honda Carland, Atlanta

$24850.83 ( including destination)
    $499 Dealer/Doc fee
    $1774.50 Tax
    $21 Title tag fees
    _______
    $27,145.43

They got the color that I wanted and match the lowest price that I found in Atlanta. Orginally really wanted EXL/ RES, but friends who had built in DVD with various age group kids talk me out of it plus the inventory for EXL is much better than EXL/RES. Since they are more EXL inventory, it is easier to negotiate for a better deal. EX/RES is about $1000- $1400 more than EXL.

We have kids with various age. So movies that my 1st grader like will not be the same movie that my young teen would like. Plus, I don;t want my youngest child to be watching PG-13 movies. My friends suggested that I should buy the portable DVD ( those with sleeve that can hang on the back seats) for each of my kids. Cheaper and help to prevent squabbling on which movie to watch. Also, they point out to me that if the built in DVD is damaged, the whole car will to be send for repair.
  • lab88lab88 Member Posts: 24
    I'm trying to decide whether I should buy an Odyssey in a few weeks, or wait until later next year. The 2010's will be coming out at there will be good deals on 2009's, after all.

Does anyone think that the incentives will increase any time soon? The 3500 is good, but the interest rates were raised and that's not good. My local dealer had a LOT of 2008's left.
    Inventory levels for 2008's is still very high and by the time 2010 models are out, it will take atleast 6 to 9 months. This year, the demand has been unexpectedly low for 08's and Honda didn't have enough time to cut production to match falling demand numbers. So unusally excess supply created pricing pressure and the result you are seeing significant discounts today.

For 2009 models, Honda will try to stay ahead of the curve and cut production to match the demand. They have significantly cut 08's production so far and increased production of fuel efficient vehicles like Civics. So, don't expect stellar deals in 2009...It is very likely that the current deals are still possible in 2009.

Yes, you could wait until December 3rd or 4th and see if they offer 0% for 36 months vs. current 1.9% for 36 months. It is very unlikely that they will increase interest rates next month. You have to take chance that the colors you like are still available.....It is still not impossible to get the colors you like even in early December.

Just my 2 cents.
  • bigdadi118bigdadi118 Member Posts: 1,207
    Nissan & Toyota are offering 0% 36mo financing now. I bet Honda will do same for the Ody soon.
    Inventory levels for 2008's is still very high ...

How do you determine that?
  • ebuddyebuddy Member Posts: 10
    Just bought a 2008 odyssey EX 2 days ago. Paid $23400, plus $243 TTL. Deal threw in wheel locks/splash guard and something called clear bra, which is a thin sheet of plastic protecting the nose of the car. 2.9% financing. Got another quote that was $200 cheaper, but does not have any accessories. Overall, pretty good deal for a very nice vehicle.
    I hear they everyone is out of 2008 Odyssey EX. Does anyone know of a dealer who has an EX in the NY/NJ/CT tristate area?
  • bigdadi118bigdadi118 Member Posts: 1,207
    2008 EX Odyssey

Liberty Honda, CT
    white stock 281523S

Lia Honda, Albany, NY
    white stock 48651
  • davesridavesri Member Posts: 3
    It has 40k miles. Its a standard EX model. Has an after-market DVD in it.

Asking: $21k. They came down to $16,500. which includes a 4 year 100,000 extended 0 deductible warranty.

My concern here is that it was in a frontal collision. Only the driver's airbag deployed apprantly according to CARFAX. It shows no visible signs of any issues. And clearly the damages were not high enough as to warrant a total loss on the car.

Anyone have any thoughts?
  • davidingilbertdavidingilbert Member Posts: 53
    Davesri - some thoughts...

One - I would take it somewhere and have them look over the underbody. Today's technology makes straightening out frames easier and better than they used to, but I would still have someone look at it.

Also, check to make sure that the front door closes ok without any contact with any part of the windshield frame. I had a '94 Grand Prix where I noticed rust near the top of the door where the door was supposed to come close to the frame of the windshield. Instead, my door made CONTACT with part of the frame of the windshield. Everytime I slammed the car door, it made contact with the windshield frame and chipped paint! :mad: Upon closer inspection, I noticed certain pieces of body side molding was not "level" between the different parts of the car (back right door to back right fender.) Of course, this is after I bought the car :cry: (this was the first car I bought all by myself...

If you want to go further, see if the space between the front doors and fender is consistent all the way around.
    Maybe even talk to the body shop and see if they remember the car and give you good idea of the damage. Perhaps they can surmise why only the driver's side airbag went off...that is odd.

Test drive the heck out of it and look for any rattles or anything else that is strange or shouldn't be.

Good Luck.
  • davesridavesri Member Posts: 3
    Thanks David!

I actually did look over a bunch of the exact items you mentioned. The panels all match properly, alignment is good. I am slightly concerned about the door...it closes properly and in the right manner...but I felt there was excess wind noise coming from the door. I told them my concerns and (as with the extended warranty) they were more than willing to give a thorough once over.

It is a reputable Honda dealer in our area, so I was not so concerned about them trying to roast us.

Based on the indications that I saw prior to them even showing me the carfax report, it seemed it must have been a front left collision right at the corner. Which if it was not too hard of an impact, it would explain why the [non-permissible content removed] went off, and not any others.

It drove well, took it out for almost an hour. Wife and I both noticed a touch of rattling from the engine at first as if it was working too hard....but it leveled of quickly. We both did not feel it again at all, and everything was smooth running about 5-10 min after we were off. Figured it was just cold from not having been driven in a while perhaps.

I'm more or less wondering if we're getting a good enough deal on it, or if we should have driven a harder bargain.
    Thanks for your reply bigdadi. I called up Liberty, but they are all out now. We decided Albany is too far out for us right now.

I found a color I liked on the EXL, and the dealer says this is absolutely their last offer, 25500 invoice+350 + tax+tags. Is this a fair price in the market given the end of year clearance and the 3500 dealer incentive, etc?

Thanks.