Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Porsche Cayenne

Comments

• Options
    bmlexusbmlexus Member Posts: 755
    Cayenne Turbo S. u really dint consider the new turbo?

but anyway great car .
  • Options
    coach11coach11 Member Posts: 5
    The 2006 Cayenne Turbo S has better exterior styling vs 2008 Cayenne Turbo in my opinion. I really drilled down both models before deciding to by the Turbo S. Porsche did not produce 2007 model and i think they did not improve the look over the 2006.

That said there nothing like the ride,power and luxury.....Very limited production of 2006.
  • Options
    I have listed the last two post with zero feedback. Has everyone found a new site ??
  • Options
    Well i dont think there is anyother site as good as this1 for discussion, thanks for the reply that u gave me after a week.yes ur correct that 2006 had a limited production specially the turbo s. whats the 0to 60 run?

Regarding your questions abt cd skip and emergency break sticks i dont know but strange for abt a 100k car to have even a minor issue

Abt ipod & bluetooth im sure u will find a after market .

by the way how much did u pay for it? and hows the car running?

Try sending your questions in the Luxury Lounge I am sure u will find ur answers there.
  • Options
    carartistcarartist Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone have any idea what a good deal is on a 2008 Cayenne S? The base price is $57K and goes up with options...the most expensive being the Navigation and the Bose sound system, these two alone add $6K. I looked at one with sticker price of $74K and the salesman hinted at knocking off $5K. I browsing other comments on this site, some have suggested a 10% discount. Is this for real? Has anyone gotten 10% off of a Cayenne S? If not, what do you feel is a good offer if they're asking $74?

Thanks for your thougts
  • Options
    pepperloverpepperlover Member Posts: 22
    I purchased my 05 CS preowned, so can't be of much use there, but I just bought an 08 Boxster for my mother, had to have it shipped from an outside dealer. Got 7% off. I wasn't going to push for much more off because she had to have a Tiptronic, but you shoudl get ATLEAST 7% off.... it seems no one wants SUVs anymore because of the gas crunch... which should help in your purchase!
  • Options
  • Options
    habitat1habitat1 Member Posts: 4,282
    Porsche dealers can vary greatly with respect to their pricing / discounts. When I bought my 911 Cab S in September 2005, all 4 dealers in the DC area offered almost no discounts. It was the new 997 model and even though we were heading into the fall, the Cab version had only been out for 5-6 months. I finally got a PA dealer to agree to a $5k discount on a made to order 2006 model. Was going that route until I found a Baltimore dealer that took 10% (over $10k) off a brand new 2005 (still 997) model sitting in his showroom.

If I was shopping for a Cayenne S, I would expect to get a 8-10% discount. The new Cayenne GT-S might be a bit tougher on pricing, but my Baltimore area dealer said that if I wait until he clears out his waiting list on that one, I should be at a similar discount. I doubt I'll do it, as all of our extra nickels are going into a building a new house, but the GT-S, with a 6-speed manual transmission, would be absolute nirvana for my wife. Our 2005 MDX is the first automatic transmission vehicle either of us has owned in 30+ years each of driving, and that is it's biggest detriment. According to my dealer, the GT-S 6-speed manual will be more popular (and a better choice) than the Turbo for those that really like to "drive".
  • Options
    habitat1-

Good info for future Porsche dealers for myself....
    Do you do your service for your cars at teh dealer? I am looking for an independent service shop in the DC area, and obviously a reputable one. If you know of any good mechanic, please pass it along!

Silver Cayenne S in Falls Church
  • Options
    0-60 4.2....1 of the fastest production car/suv on the road today. What is the luxury lounge? What the difference in terms of this form vs. LL.

BTW the TURBO S runs fanatastic...smooth and very fast with a very opulent interior.
  • Options
    I am a fan of the cayenne since 1 of my uncle bought it in 2003 i think as a 2004 model it was the cayenne turbo in black he had some trouble with the car starting from 2007 i think it was in the garage for weeks what trouble i dont know and he sold it 3 months back,

So i honestly don't trust the reliability for the cayenne and since the new x5 came out and I went to check it out. I like it a lot but there is also some strange kinds of reliablity issue which I read about and the harsh ride with the run flats.

I do know that the cayenne is very fast even the Cayenne S is faster than the current x5 4.8i v8.

But i did not know that the turbo S 0to 60 was 4.2 i thought it was something like 4.7sec.?!!!!!!!!!!!!.
  • Options
    The difference between here and LL is that all kinds of discussions r there. example r

What is the discussion about? BMW, Mercedes-Benz, Lexus, Volvo, Porsche, Jaguar, Audi, Maserati, Maybach, Car Comparisons, Coupe, Convertible, Sedan

And there r more than 9000 messages.

to get there click on BMW.

then
    Display ALL BMW Forums & Discussions

then u will see LUXURY LOUNGE.

i dont know if there is a short cut to reach there or not but thats how i get there
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Or you can just give the link. :shades:

Luxury Lounge
  • Options
    nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,436
    Having never driven a Cayenne, I can't comment on it. Ride quality is something that is so subjective. It has to do with perception. You need to go and drive these trucks yourself. My Dad has an '07 X5 3.0si w/ Sport Package (19" wheels & Runflat Tires) and I think the truck rides too smooth. Ride quality is on par with my Mom's (former) '05 530iA (No Sport Package).

The Cayenne's reliability has increased steadlity since its firt year teething problems. Two of my customers have them. One customer has an '05 V6 that he bought as a CPO (used) vehicle. He's had it for a little over a year and a half with ZERO issues. Another customer is on his 3rd Turbo. He puts between 40 & 50K on them and dumps them. He absolutely loves the Cayennes.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• Options
    Ok. so ur dad x5 with the 19in wheels with run flat and it rides very smooth,dunlop tires? I have read that there is a little noise with the 20in with run flat , and 18in is very smooth as well so i think it very much depends on the tires,and the 18 and 19 r IMO after reading other reviews is better than the 20in.

So the reliability is definitely getting better

Another customer on his 3rd turbo thats a guarantee that he loves the cayenne.Never tried the turbo s?

Whats the 0 to 60 run for the current turbo. and it was a surprise to me after reading that turbo s 0to 60 4.2!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks for the short cut steve. ;)
  • Options
    mercer47mercer47 Member Posts: 1
    has anyone with a Cayenne had any experience putting their preschoolers in the back? The seat does not recline at all. wondering if kids will be comfortable on their booster seats. Any solutions or comments?
    thanks
    rwk
  • Options
    racer_65racer_65 Member Posts: 43
    No problem at all. I have a pre-schooler, and have taken her to school in the Cayenne everyday for over a year.
  • Options
    2turboken2turboken Member Posts: 2
    My 4yo loves it..and she is in the 97th %ile for height in her class...no problems at all...especially if you hit the throttle every once in a while ;)
  • Options
    fantinefantine Member Posts: 5
    Hi Guys and Gals,
    My Khumo tires with about 38,000 miles finally went to the dump. They had about 3-4/32nds still on them, but were becoming noisy due to wear on the inner surfaces. So, on went the OEM tires I took off when the car was delivered. But, I was going to the NAIAS in Detroit last week, so I used the cutting tool used by the dirt trackers and cut grooves in the "summer" tires and they worked extremely well in the Detroit snow. Temps were from about 7 to 20 F and it snowed each day. Incidentally, Porsche was NOT at the auto show. My letter to Mr Schwarzenbauer went out today! :shades:
  • Options
    Hi u never wrote any replys .by the way very strange thing check out the place of the cayenne in the top 14 SUV

link title
  • Options
    pt838pt838 Member Posts: 16
    I was at the local dealer today and he had 3 brand new 2006 Cayenne's on the lot for sale, 1 V6 and 2 Titanium Editions. Is the normal, are there many 2006 new models still for sale? If so, what kind of discounts are being offerred?
  • Options
    I am sure there should be. cause porsche the 2006 and bought the 2008 in the beginning of 2007

discounts dont know but they should give you a discount because the newer model is already here
  • Options
    Has anyone used anyone else in the DC area for Porsche service besides the dealers? We have our 40k mile service coming up, and HBL is charging $1100 for it. I spoke to a local place in Fairfax (through google) and they say it is $400. Has anyone used an independent repair person, and if so, does anyone have any recommendations for the DC area?

Its a shame that this forum has died over the past year and a half (basically since I bought our Cayenne S!).
  • Options
    Frankly, I am surprised to hear the 40k service on a Cayenne is only $1,100 at HBL. I don't own a Cayenne, but the 20k service on my 2005 911S will be in the $750 vicinity and, I believe, the 40k service runs around $1,500 (quoted from Rockville Porsche). I would have thought the Cayenne, with its additional automatic transmission and AWD differential fluids, etc. would have been even higher. Heck, the 40k dealer service on our Acura MDX was $1,000.

But....if you do find a reputable independent Porsche mechanic in the DC area, please post it. I am sure they are out there, but so far, all my trips for service (19k miles) have been for warranty items.

Also, FWIW, a friend who is a long time Porsche owner and lived in DC until last year always had his service done at Arlington (formerly Tischer) Porsche. He was not a fan of Rockville or HBL.
  • Options
    Thanks for replying! I thought this forum was dead dead dead.

This was the place in Fairfax I was referring to:
    http://www.autobahnserviceinc.com/

I will probably get my Cayenne serviced there in a week or two. I just spoke with them over the phone adn they said the 40k service was 400-500, which isn't bad. I have just had so many bad experiences at HBL, from their enterprise rental people trying to rip me off (supposed to be complimentary but they charged me $50 a day), etc. I have asked other Porsche owners that I work with and no one seems to really have Porsche mechanic, they tend to just go to the dealers just because its easier.

Regardless, I will let you know.

Have oyu tried to see if your 40k service is any cheaper at any of the other dealers?

And the people at Arlington Porsche definately do seem a bit better. I almost bought a 08 Boxster there, they were so friendly and accomodating, but ended up getting it shipped from a place in Rhode Island (Arlington just couldn't get me the % off I wanted, but mostly because of trading costs with the dealers up there, I ended up just calling the dealer and ordering it from them).
  • Options
    slnycslnyc Member Posts: 1
    I am looking at buying either a 2005/2006 Cayenne Turbo and really like the Panoramic sunroof option as it gives the interior a more spacious feeling especially for those sitting in the backseat.

I have heard two offhand comments that there are issues with them (for example - rattling and/or reliability?). Any user comments on the issue would be greatly appreaciated.
  • Options
    Does cayenne uses run flat tires. whats the best ride quality in 19 or 20inch.
  • Options
    vwguild1vwguild1 Member Posts: 98
    There are no Porsche "N" rated Run Flats...
  • Options
    If one wants a Cayenne for road racing.... 19 or 20 inch tires are great. For highway or off road... the 18 inch size is more desirable from a ride quality and durability stand point. On my second Cayenne Turbo (2005 from 2004) I immediately put on some Khumo tires which I ran 38,000 miles, yes 38,000, and had about 5/32 left when I took them off because of the noise. I have over 50,000 miles on the vehicle now. Run flat tires may be great for riding in junk yards, etc, but with the tire inflation options on the Turbo or any with the air suspension, I see little advantage. In 400,000 miles on Porsches, I can remember only two flats and this is going back to my first 1600N coupe in 1960. But maybe I have memory problems at my age, ha, ha, ha.... :)
  • Options
    In 400,000 miles on Porsches

Very impressive.
  • Options
    60,000 '58 1600N Coupe, 20,000 '66 912, 140,000 '72 914, 35,000 '96 993, 89,000 '99 996 (still have) 30,000 '04 Cayenne Turbo, 50,000 '05 Cayenne Turbo (still have). So, what do I drive now? '07 Suzuki DL1000 (highly modified) gets 45 - 50 mpg on regular. And a 2004 BMW K1200 RS, 2006 Suzuki Hayabusa, and 2008 Can Am Spyder... :shades:
  • Options
    Looks like you do a ton of driving. 10,000+ miles a year on the 996 and 15,000+ on the Cayenne Turbo total 25,000 miles a year not counting your motorcycles.

Any regrets for trading the 993 for the 996? My dealer had a pristine '95 993 several months ago that attracted a lot of interest and went for more than they could have gotten for a newer 996. As a matter of fact, the guy that bought it traded a '02 996 C4 and had to come out of pocket.
  • Options
    My 993 was a 4S Coupe in white with full leather, even the built in telephone. Unfortunately, it also had problems which kept it in the shop... a lot! The car had the loud mufflers and was absolutely awesome to drive, but the problems were too much. My Cabriolet has been almost trouble free. No major issues! That is why I traded. So far this year I have been to Detroit twice, Toronto, Houston, San Antonio, and Dallas, and will be headed to Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin for the vintage motorcycle races and the June Sprints. Yep, I worked 70 - 80 hours a week for many years and now this gal is on the go!
  • Options
    viggieviggie Member Posts: 16
    We are about to take delivery of our new Cayenne Turbo 2008. This is our 2nd Turbo we had such of a great experience with the first one.

Question: Is the roadblock autobahnd would be a good thing to get? (I live in the New England area). I was worry about discoloration of the paint from the film, my car will be black. Any feedback for those who have this.

Also they are offering a protection package like brake pads (one set) battery, engine belts and hoses, 1 set of wiper blade, Road hazard 4year/50K for $1192 The thing is my old Cayenne Turbo had 53K 3 1/2 year and I did not need any of this yet my brakes are still good so it seems that it would be a waste of money.

Thanks for your input,

Viggie
  • Options
    We are about to take delivery of our new Cayenne Turbo 2008. This is our 2nd Turbo we had such of a great experience with the first one.

I have 2 questions.

Since you already had a cayenne turbo before why not take the Turbo S?

Have you seen the new bmw X6 IMO it will be cayennes main competitor except the only down side its a 4 seater.
  • Options
    texassuntexassun Member Posts: 13
    :mad: Hi. everyone..
    i love my porsche... but i have a only one shop in town(small city).
    The service is so bad, they are only one guy can fix it. something happen, i need to go 9am in shop. No loner car.. nothing. service guy said same story.. no sense just say...come to @ 9am..come to @ 9am..

• Options
    gdeloozegdelooze Member Posts: 1
    Dubster,

I've just had the same problem with my 04 Cayenne V6...

Did you get a resolution to your problem? What was the cause, was it covered under warranty, and if not, did Porsche help you out with payment? Did you find anyone else with the same problem too?

I am based in the UK, and my dealer is at the moment saying that it's not a warranty claim as even though it's under the extended warranty, it's not covered. They are also quoting me thousands of pounds to fix it!

Porsche GB have been asked to see if there is anything they can do under good will, but I'm not hopeful.

Anything you can tell me would be really appreciated.

Many thanks,
    Gary
  • Options
    JingleJillJingleJill Member Posts: 120
    Drive up to San Antonio. The dealership isn't bad, but there are also a few independent shops that are VERY good. You have to realize if you own a Porsche your service options are NOT great...
  • Options
    gege7754gege7754 Member Posts: 6
    Hi there, I have a 2005 Turbo with 42k miles.

It ws first registered in January 2005 (so I have about five months to decide). I have been quoted $4,000 by my local Porsche dealer for a 2 year/24k miles warranty. Deductible is $250. It covers a lot.

Is this good value? Can anyone recommend a good warranty company?\

Many thanks
  • Options
    texassuntexassun Member Posts: 13
    Thank for your suggestion. but it is still too far. 3hr drive..^^

anyway, After that, i made a appoint date, when i make it, they said" oh, i'm sorry can you come another day" i said "ok" next stop by shop, they said " oh, sorry, nobody's here"

when i complained to service manager, He said " sorry, can you come back another day".. i said " It's porsche, why are you working like this, do something" finally when i went to the some another tire shop. they fixed it( they paid it)..

That's all...No.....No..... it's getting worst... they could not fix it..

It was not engine,High tech problem....

It was tire balance,, That's it.. i want to go discount tire, pay 50$.
    and, i will complain to porsche company.

it was terrible... Corpus Christi Porsche... :mad:
  • Options
    Cayenne81Cayenne81 Member Posts: 6
    I know its been a while. How was your 40k service at that place in fairfax? What did it consist of? and what did they charge you? I have a 04 cayenne s and my 40k service is due and im trying to find out where to take it or to do it myself. Porsche of tysons quoted me 950.00.

Thanks for your time
  • Options
    Great actually! HBL quoted me around the same, I think. The place in fairfax, right off of 50, charged me $500. They seemed to be real thorough. I recently moved to WI, but had I stayed in NoVA I would have totally gone to them for a lot more. The owner was right there, had a bunch of 911s around as well as a few Cayennes in teh shop, too. So seems like a pretty good place to get your regular maintenance done. I would highly recommend them. BTW the Cayenne handles great in the snow, even on original Continental tires!
  • Options
    mrrogersmrrogers Member Posts: 391
    I have owned three Porsches previously, but I have never purchased a Porsche Certified Preowned before. I am looking at a one owner 2005 base Cayenne with 52,000 miles.
    I inquired about the warranty, and he said I could have the Porsche Certified Preowned warranty for an additional $2,500. This would be for two years or 100,000 total miles whichever comes first. Is it normal for the dealers to offer this as an option?
  • Options
    I'm a bit confused - if you are looking at a certified Cayenne, it will already be covered to 100,000 miles/6 years from the original purchase date.

Certified Used Vehicle Programs

If the dealer is offering to certify the Cayenne for $2,500, then you can appraise and compare the CPO price to the Dealer Retail used price.

Who knows if this is normal - maybe this dealer wants to keep their sales options open and if they certify it, they won't be able to sell it to someone as a regular used car without eating some of their inspection expenses.

Check out the Porsche Cayenne Prices Paid and Buying Experience discussion for more deal talk.
  • Options
    mrrogersmrrogers Member Posts: 391
    Steve,
    Thanks for your prompt and detailed advice. I went to the Edmunds used car section, and CPO adds over $3000 to the retail price of this car, so the $2500 fee does not look too bad. I went to the Porsche Cayenne Prices Paid and Buying Experience discussion, and in at least one other case a buyer paid $2500 to get his Cayenne certified by Porsche as part of the purchase agreement.
  • Options
    Sounds like you are close to pulling the trigger. You may want to look over the Used Car Buying Checklist and make sure all the keys and other little minor items are accounted for.

Enjoy the ride. :)
  • Options
    blgreen24blgreen24 Member Posts: 3
    I currently live in Jacksonville, FL and considering purchasing a single-owner 2005 Porsche Cayenne with 47,124 miles on it. I have never owned a Porsche before so I am really looking for insight into the long-term maintenance of a Cayenne and general thoughts on the driving and ownership experiences.
  • Options
    Hi there, I have a 2005 Turbo with 42k miles.

It ws first registered in January 2005 (so I have about five months to decide). I have been quoted $4,000 by my local Porsche dealer for a 2 year/24k miles warranty. Deductible is $250. It covers a lot.

Is this good value? Can anyone recommend a good warranty company?\

How sure are you that something will go wrong with your porsche within the next 2 years? Is it really necessary to spend $4.000 just for the warranty?

I guess German cars are quite expensive to repair. Taking the warranty must be better rather than pay twice or 3 times more later for repairs.

When will there be a redesign cayenne?
  • Options
    ctdubl07ctdubl07 Member Posts: 6
    For 2 years now I have been on and off trying to get the overhead door opener buttons to pick-up the code off the door opener head unit I cannot do it!!!!

Who can give me the advice on how to program? I have followed the scenarios in the book dozens of times and it never works.... i blank out the buttons and then have tried pushing the rolling code emittance button on the unit head, then jump in the car and push one of the buttons 2, 3 times but it wont pick up the signal. I have also tried pointing the remote inside the car at the overhead console and no luck.

Who has figured this out?
  • Options
    klauskklausk Member Posts: 14
    Go to the Chamberlain website. They have a very good step by step writeup, which works. The books that come with cars are generally wrong. Basically, you have to program a button as if it was without a rolling code, then do the learn button trick.