Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• cincyodycincyody Member Posts: 11
    Where did you purchase it? We are also looking in the CMH area! Would be nice uf we could get a deal luke that on an R and N!
  • xifengxifeng Member Posts: 12
    I am in Oklahoma. I got a quote of $30,300 for 09 Odyssey EXL. Just want to know whether it is reasonable, and how low can it go

Thanks,
  • hondaphanhondaphan Member Posts: 35
    H and A have the genuine Honda 2008-2009 all-season mats for $158 and change.

http://www.handa-accessories.com/odyint05.html
  • wingnut330wingnut330 Member Posts: 9
    Got our deal from Andrew (Internet Sales Guy) at Honda East. Great transaction - very smooth and they were a pleasure to deal with.
  • TwoKidsTwoKids Member Posts: 2
    Congrats! Was you EXL with RES and Nav an 08 or 09? I can't get the dealers in Wisconsin to come close to that number for an 09.

Also, it may already be too late on the warranty, but you may want to check this site myhondawarranty.com....I think you can get a 7 year 120k mile warranty for around $1k depending upon deductible.
  • TwoKidsTwoKids Member Posts: 2
    If you don't mind me asking, what area of Wisconsin were you looking for the gray 08 EXL with RES? I have been looking in the Milwaukee area for a while and hearing similar stories. I think we may settle on the EXL and add an aftermarket RES.
  • chwtomchwtom Member Posts: 46
    I looked in the Milwaukee and Fox Valley area. There aren't any 08 EX-L with RES in Wisconson or Illinois that can be obtained reasonably. Honda of Lisle, Il had one EX-L with RES, but they wanted 28.5k for it, which is silly.

I ended up getting a 08 EX-L with RES and NAV for 28.8k. If you bargain hard enough you could get just about any dealer in Wisconsin to do a deal like that if they have one in stock. I would stay away from Russ Darrow though, the internet guy there is a total snake.

I thought about adding an aftermarket DVD player, but I decided I'd rather pay a little more for the Nav (which might keep my wife from getting lost someday) and have everything integrated and without cords/chargers than get it cheaper and have to deal with adding something. It's part laziness, and part I just wanted to be done and have a DVD player ready to go to drive to Grandmas on Christmas.

I will tell you that if you're not in a hurry, it might be worth waiting til spring. I searched back in this forum to around April of 2008. It looked like dealers were offering pretty big discounts on the 08s back then, so it stands to reason they might do it again this year. The 09s are about $1k more than the 08s, so it might be worth getting the 08 with NAV anyways (that was part of my decision too).

My favorite dealer to work with was Boylan Honda. That's not where I got this one from, but its where we got our last one, and the internet guy there is honest and gives good prices. Hope that helps.
  • trumpetman1trumpetman1 Member Posts: 9
    Hi Everybody,

Has anybody received a great price on an '08 EX-L in the Seattle area? We've been hammered with snow lately so I would think the dealerships are eager to unload the 08's sooner rather than later. I'm guessing they are a 'bit behind schedule with the snow delay not to mention the economy
  • MycurlMycurl Member Posts: 1
    Just purchased a EX-L without nav&dvd. The only accessories we got are: tint, cargo tray, wheel locks & splash guards. tax is 6.25%, title and other fees at about $243, drive out price $ 27500. Got 0 down + 1.9% 36 month loan.
  • bigdadi118bigdadi118 Member Posts: 1,207
    That is about $25,600 (incl dest chg) before doc fee and TTL.
  • bibbabibba Member Posts: 6
    Quote " I also got the 6 Yr/120,000 mile warranty for $1,100"
    You could likely put another $165 in your pocket by canceling the warranty you bought through the dealership and repurchase it through https://www.myhondawarranty.com/ . Unless your state restricts out of state warranty purchases, it's the same warranty through Honda, just purchased at a different dealership. I canceled the one I bought and saved $400.
  • wingnut330wingnut330 Member Posts: 9
    Quote " I also got the 6 Yr/120,000 mile warranty for $1,100"
    You could likely put another $165 in your pocket by canceling the warranty you bought through the dealership and repurchase it through https://www.myhondawarranty.com/ . Unless your state restricts out of state warranty purchases, it's the same warranty through Honda, just purchased at a different dealership. I canceled the one I bought and saved $400.

Are they legit? IF so, I could save some cash or upgrade to a longer warranty for the same price. I'm a little hesitant of an internet purchase like this though...
  • camy4camy4 Member Posts: 9
    anybody shopping for EX-L 09?
    what prices are you getting?
    i almost got 30 000 plus tax in NY area.
    i would appreciate feedback
  • BCWalker13BCWalker13 Member Posts: 3
    We are in the Charlotte, NC area and ended up getting a 2008 EX-L w/o DVD or NAV for $26,778 out the door.

We really wanted the 2008 with DVD and NAV,but none were left in the colors we wanted. We took the van directly from the dealer to our local car audio place and had a basically top of the line in-dash DVD and Nav installed. All told, it was still cheaper than buying the 2008 with factory NAV and DVD. Just somethig to think about for those of you who are looking for 2008 EX-L's but find that inventories are dwindling.
  • desertkevdesertkev Member Posts: 76
    Looking for an EX . If anyone has purchased one recently, please post some details. Cheapest I found was for $26,608, slate green. Thank you.
  • kmorrenkmorren Member Posts: 1
    I am looking to buy an 08 EX-L W/RES & NAV. I live in Oklahoma and would like to buy before end of year. What would be a good buy out the door? Any help appreciated. Thanks!
    I think 28,800 (dest incl) is the target price for 08 EXL w/nav + res
  • sailfish2005sailfish2005 Member Posts: 11
    is this otd price for 2008? where are you? i bought mine for 25k otd.
  • davidingilbertdavidingilbert Member Posts: 53
    Hey all.
    My wife & I finally pulled the trigger.
    We purchased an 09 EX-L - Dark Cherry Pearl with Tan interior.
    Only options we went for were:
    Accessories: Premium Window Tint (it is Arizona), Splash Guards, Wheel Locks, Trunk Tray and aftermarket wood interior on the dash. My accord has the wood interior and we really like it. All the research and didn't even think of noticing the grey "plastic" looking.
    The break down is:
    Final Price of Car $30,300.50
    Accessories $1,216.58
    SubTotal $31,517.08
    Tax $2,537.12 (8.05% in state tax)
    Title $566.69 (1.87% in tax)
    doc fee $349.00

State & County Fee $11.50
    Grand Total $34,981.39
    We declined the warranty.
    The dealership we got it from was Superstition Springs Honda. The person there was very nice.
    Any questions -let me know.
    Dave
    Camy - I just posted something about my purchase of an Ex-L.
    Should be posting # 21204.
    Any questions on the process or price, just let me know.
    Dave
  • cincyodycincyody Member Posts: 11
    Hey all I just went over to Roush HInda of Columbus and they totally ruined the deal! They first jerked me around with my deposit for the car. Then when I got there they lowballed me on my trade in! :mad:
    They thought they had me since 2 people turned them down that day and I came from Cincinnati to buy the car. I pleaded my case and showed them the numbers that THEY estimated in an email for my car and they balked on it. I decided to walk away from the deal! They treated me bad and then they expect me to give them my business. If they had been at least more respectful then I would have probably purchased the c I am sorry but I am the customer and they are not doing me any favors! :mad:
    I thinks I will sell my car on my own and purchase an 09 Oddy.
    Anyone interested in an immmaculate 07 Honda CRV EXL with 13000 miles on it?
    i am not in a hurry to buy,
    i think i should wait month or two and see if they will have some incentives.
    it is too much of a price difference bet 08 and 09
    what do you think?
    sales are slow now.....
    Camy4, what do you mean by "almost" got the $30,000 + tax?

I got quotes of $30,200 + Tax, but my offer of $30,000 for a 09 EXL was rejected.
    Given that inventory is stacking up at the docks and ALL Japanese manufacturers are now feeling at least some pain, I bet there are decent incentives for 09 Hondas in the 1st quarter. The only thing that scrrews up that idea is the massive runup in Yen as the Dollar has tanked. It effectively means they've already given 15% off just because of currency changes.
  • cmms1cmms1 Member Posts: 14
    Can anyone share their buying experience in the Dallas/Forth Worth area?
    we stopped negotiations at 30600 because i walked away thinking it may go to 30000and then i would be committed to buy as i said
    i want to wait for incentives for 09, i hope economy will help to get good price or...???
  • nm_socalnm_socal Member Posts: 29
    Greetings, everyone. I currently have a 6-seater crossover, whose lease runs out in March. We have to purchase a minivan. My choices: Toyota Sienna (Sorry. Everyone in my family owns an Oddy!). 2nd: Honda Odyssey. 3rd: Chrysler Town & Country.

The best price for an '09 Odyssey EXL with RES & NAV seems to be $34-35k. I don't want to get an '08 because the $4-5k I save in purchase price will be offset by a higher depreciation. (Please feel free to comment if you disagree with this theory.) So ...

I walked into a local Chrysler dealership today. Received an excellent service. They are offering me a Touring with package 25L (leather, dual DVD screens with independent players, navigation, power-fold 3rd row, stow-n go), with MSRP of $37.1k for $27.9k + TTL. Maybe, if I was to go back and twist their arms (have a 2nd degree referral for the GM), they might go down by a bit more. Plus they are taking the lease off of my hands ($450/month) two months earlier.

So, finally, here's my question: Get an '09 Chrysler for $28k, or get an '08 Honda or Toyota for the same price? I'd be eagerly awaiting response from some experienced buyers on this forum. Thanks.
    "The best price for an '09 Odyssey EXL with RES & NAV seems to be $34-35k. I don't want to get an '08 because the $4-5k I save in purchase price will be offset by a higher depreciation. (Please feel free to comment if you disagree with this theory.) So ... "

I don't get this reasoning. Basically, Honda has taken most of the upfront depreciation OUT of the 2008 by means of the generous incentives. Driving off the lot, your 09 is going to take a bigger percentage depreciation hit than the 08, I believe, simply because you're paying much closer to invoice on the 09 than the 08.
    You are right if you purely based on PRICE.

other than pricing I would also check out the realiability, test drive personal feeling, layout and ratings, then weigh on them according to my priority.
    NM-Socal - Consider a Honda, Toyota, then Chrysler.
    I just don't have a lot of faith in Chryslers.
    Chrysler may be offering you a heck of a deal, but the overall quality would be something of concern to me.
    Check JD Power, NHTSA, etc.
    I thought the crash rating for the Chrysler was not as good as the Honda.
    What you can also do is compare the vehicles. Toyota website will allow you to compare 3 or 4 vehicles.
    Hope this helps.
    Dave
  • userliteuserlite Member Posts: 16
    Hi,

I live in Bay area. I am thinking to buy a 2009 EX-L.
    I have a few questions:

1. How much should it cost - with and without GPS and DVD - both.
    2. The salesperson said that avoid the ones with DVD player, since with blue-ray in market, the current in-built DVD player will get obsolete soon. Is this true ?
    3. They are offering 1.9% APR for 3 years financing. Is this a good scheme ?

Any help appreciated. Thanks!
  • nepropneprop Member Posts: 41
    I canvassed the greater Boston area's 14 Honda Dealers with Donkey Punch method starting Sat night for an EX-L, no RES, no NAV. Best 2008 price is $25,423 (includes destination charge of $670 and 5 year / 100,000 warranty) + $299 Doc Fee for the total vehicle price. Additional charges of $118.50 cover Registration, Inspection Sticker, License Plates and Title fees. Tax is additional 5% based on vehicle price. The document fee seems high and I have seen lower pricing in the $25K range. Feedback from you readers is appreciated.

I have been told that the manufacturer to dealer cash will likely start on 1-6-09 for 2009 models when the current 2008 program expires on 1-5-09. If you are looking for a 2009 then wait about 10 days if you can and you'll likely save yourself a few thousand dollars. Good luck.
  • hondabuyer6hondabuyer6 Member Posts: 11
    neprop could you post or PM which dealers gave you the best price? I am in ohio and today was turned down offering 26,000 for a 2008(no res, no nav- basic ex-l). I would love to get the 25,400 you are quoting with the warranty.
    the ohio dealers with 2008's left seem not willing to deal very much.
    thanks
  • momoftwomamomoftwoma Member Posts: 15
    I am in the Boston area too...the best price that I have for a 2008 odyssey EXL no res no nav is 26,333 +doc, tax. ttl and reg. I am hoping to use your number when I go in there tomorrow. I have a Pilot lease that I am hoping to turn in a couple of months early to take advantage of the remaining 2008's in stock. I just read an article in the Globe this morning that local dealerships, including foreign dealers, are really suffering, so I am hoping to make a deal when I head in there. I'll keep you posted on how I do. Let me know if you find a better price anywhere in the area.
    Good Luck!
    could you pm with the dealer that is offering this pricing? i am more than willing to take a 26,300 offer but am being laughed at locally when offering this, they want 29k for an 08 exl.
    thanks
    Is it better to buy the 2009 EX-L Odyssey by January 5th (Honda APR 1.9% scheme ends on 5th), or wait for new deals for next quarter ?
    Any help is appreciated.
  • Aprilgal512Aprilgal512 Member Posts: 4
    Hi! Not sure if I got a good deal or not but I just started looking for a 2008 EX-L w/ NAV & RES 3 days ago and there were none in my area. Found one 2 hrs away today and by phone got the price of $28,600 (tax & tags will add another $1,900) so it will be $30,500 OTD. Price includes mats, cargo net. Do you think this is a good price??? New to buying foreign cars so any advice is appreciated.
    We are to pick it up tomorrow at 3 pm so send your comments ASAP. Thanks :)
  • Aprilgal512Aprilgal512 Member Posts: 4
    New to buying foreign so we thought we'd wait til after Christmas to make the purchase and there were none of these to be had in our area. Spent 2 days asking every dealer in 100 miles of us if they had any and today 1 finally came thru. Tomorrow we drive 2 hrs to Scranton PA to pick her up at 3 pm. Any advice before we "strike the deal" on paper is welcome.

Is this a good deal? They claim to have given me the entire dealer incentive of $3,500 plus and extra $1000. It's a New 2008 EX-L w/ RES & NAV. Dark Cherry Pearl/Ivory Leather.

Price for car $28,600
    Taxes/tags 1,900
    Out the door $30,500

Includes Cargo Net, Cargo Tray, trailor hitch and Floor Mats. Not really sure what else :)

All replies appreciated.
    Pulled the triger today. $30,000 + tax/tags in central Oklahoma.
  • Quint84Quint84 Member Posts: 4
    Just bought an '09 EX-L with DVD and Navigation here in Houston.

MSRP was 37,525

Negotiated to 33,611

35,961 OTD

Black with Ivory interior. Wife is very happy!

Purchased at Russell and Smith on the south loop from Tom, the internet manager. Good man to work with!
    sounds like a good deal to me. I cannot get below 29,000 for a basic exl without res and nav.
    I am starting to look for used 2008's now.
    That's a great price (about $450 less than we paid for a 2008 EX-L with NAV+RES 10 days ago). I'd totally jump on it.
  • yellow_fun_guyyellow_fun_guy Member Posts: 1
    Hi All:

I need to buy a van due to my present situation but on a tight budget. I want the cheapest possible new Honda Odyssey van. I don't care whether 2008 or 2009 or color either. I am willing to travel to buy the car for an outstanding deal.

The dealers in Austin, TX are too pushy to make me buy an EX-L which I know that I don't need. If there are any sales managers on this forum and want to sell an odyssey which suffices my requirements, please email me.

Best Regards,
    Average Guy
    Bought a new 2008 odyssey EXL no res no nav today. Here's the breakdown...
    Nighthawk Black Pearl/Ivory Leather
    Price :$25453.00
    Reg/doc:$409.00
    Tax: $1272.00(5% MA state tax)
    84mo/100,000mile warranty: $1500
    Total OTD: $28,634.00

I will divulge where I got the deal after we pick up the car tomorrow.
    I think that we did pretty well.
    Thanks!
    thats a great deal, thats the exact car i am looking for and my best price so far is 26,100 OTD + tax.
    did they have anymore black ones?
    thanks
    They have one more EXL in Black/ivory in the dealership system(they have more than one dealership), but not at the dealer itself. This was the last 2008 EXL that they had at this particular branch. They quoted me 26300 over the phone, but when I went in I said that another dealer had quoted me 25453 and I would close it out today, the met the price...I really wanted the black, so I am excited.
    I checked a few online inventory services and couldn't find any.
    Any insider/recent-buyer tips ?
    I'm in Boston, so I know that the inventory is very different in each region. I checked the individual dealer websites for inventory, called to confirm, got a firm quote over the phone and went in to buy. But, there are quite a few 08 EXL's around here, so that definitely made it easier. I also wanted the black with tan interior, and a lot of dealers seemed to have those, so I think that some of it was luck.
    I am planning to get the same color combination. How do you like it ?
    I like it a alot. I had a jeep grand cherokee in the same color combo for 5 years and never got sick of it. I am hoping to keep this one for 10 or 12 years, so I am anticipating being happy with the color choice for the long term. I just feel like, it's such a standard color combo, how can you go wrong?