Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

BMW 5-Series Accessories and Modifications

13»

Comments

• jgbjrjgbjr Member Posts: 2
    Recently acquired '02 525i. Locked car with dog inside when I went into a bakery.Alarm went off .Is there a way to disable the interior motion detector?Can the key be reprogrammed? My immediate fix was to partially roll down the driver's window, reach in and push the lock.Of course , the dog's paws step on the lock button and hazard flasher on the console anyway, so she inadvertently locks and unlocks the car a few times per trip.
  • my1stbmwmy1stbmw Member Posts: 1
    I just bought an '01 740i. I want to add satellite radio to it but have heard bad things about the FM modulators...any experiences out there to share? Also, the cup holders in the dash are worthless if you have the full screen navigation...my starbucks cup won't fit 'cause it is too tall. Any word on a different cupholder configuration?
  • davv62davv62 Member Posts: 76
    Does anybody know what the potential issues are with getting a new cellphone when the phone is wired into the car's computer system.

I have a 2001 BMW 530i. My cellphone plugs into the car's computer system, and can be activated by voice.

The phone is getting old and I'd like to replace it. Has anybody dealt with this issue before?
  • bmwmarkbmwmark Member Posts: 3
    Does anyone know where I can get the leather key jacket that BMW usually provides with a new car? I have asked the parts dept at my local BMW dealer and they have nothing in their catalog. I have also checked BMW online. Thanks
  • beamingbeaming Member Posts: 40
    I don't know where you can get one, but I just got one with the delivery of my new BMW. The one thing about the BMW key I don't like is that it's a regular type key. I'm a former Mercedes owner and I loved my key to that car , no protruding metal sticks!!!!!
    Question for you: I would like some advice on assembling the darn thing. It has the plastic pin and cap and a little leather strip with a hole on each end. I know it goes through the pin somehow, but how? and what is the purpose of the strip? does the key go through it?
    I'm surprised the dealer couldn't help you with getting a new another one, the dealer told me that no one uses or wants them but I want to use it so I don't have the key poking holes in my pockets. I miss my Mercedes key!!!
  • lovemyclklovemyclk Member Posts: 351
    I have an '03 and experienced the same thing with my dog when on the road recently. On your key, hit the lock button TWICE. 1st time locks the doors, the 2nd should disable the motion sensor.
  • mmihailovmmihailov Member Posts: 6
    I bought a 2002 BMW 530I with the sport package. My wife doesn't like the seats of this car, so I want to change the passenger seat. Can someone tell me where I can buy another seat for the car, or give me an idea what else I could do( for example, I don't know if the seat can be somehow modified to be made more comfortable). Thank you. Michael.
  • div2div2 Member Posts: 2,580
    I bought a 2002 BMW 530I with the sport package. My wife doesn't like the seats of this car, so I want to change the passenger seat.

Me, I'd start looking for a new wife. That said, if you must fit a less sporting seat, I'd look at the BMW breakers listed in Roundel or Bimmer. I'd also check eBay.
  • jalieejaliee Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a 2003 525 i and I would like to upgrade the stereo system and add navigation. I was going back and forth between Pioneer and Alpine when my co-worker advised me against having an after-market navigation system installed in the BMW dash. Is this a no-no and if so, what would you suggest? I am looking for the Ipod/Navigation system combination, but I do not want to hurt my bmw either.

Any advice/suggestions would be appreciated.
  • aqbaqb Member Posts: 12
    FYI: The nav system in my 2003 540 just died. It was mediocre when working. Dealer sez $3000 to replace....Buy a garmin.
  • AMAYAOSCARAMAYAOSCAR Member Posts: 1
    I bought a bmw 530xi 2007 the air bags were exploded so i bought the airbags and the computer i already put the airbags but i have no idea where does that computer go can anyone help me here i need to know that
  • lancerfixerlancerfixer Member Posts: 1,284
    Ow. That hurts to read..on several levels.
This discussion has been closed.