Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• tradermomtradermom Member Posts: 11
    Hi,
    Where did you purchase your 2008 Odyssey. I live in Florida and need to help my sister get a new car. I am able to find only the EX-L without RES for 25,767 (w/out taxes,dealer fees) They are recommending that I have one installed after market. Does anyone have any experience with this?
    Also the only financing I can find is 6% here. Help!!! Thanks in advance
    tradermom
  • eurobelleeurobelle Member Posts: 3
    Looking at buying a 06 EX-L with 31k miles. Everything looks good. Dealer asked 21k originally, then came down to 19k. We are considering offering $18,500. Is this a good price, or should we ask for more? Car has a quarter inch crack in windshield (at the bottom of the windshield). Other than that, floor mats are a bit old looking. Leather still looks great.
    Any advice on price appreciated!
  • howdy400howdy400 Member Posts: 7
    I got my financing from www.penged.org. 4.75% APR. Click how to join - there are 7 options. Great customer service.
  • bigdadi118bigdadi118 Member Posts: 1,207
    www.penged.org ???
    I think you mean below and has to be military related to qualify for loan ...
    www.penfed.org

AAA is now 4.84% for 2008-09 cars 60 months. Anyone can join AAA.
  • drakerchdrakerch Member Posts: 1
    The best price my husband has found is 32896 plus tax for a 09 Touring without Pax. Have you seen a better price?
  • Alig26Alig26 Member Posts: 9
    Wow 32896? Where did you get that offer? Best offer I got for an 09 Touring Without Pax was 36120
  • agiletrixieagiletrixie Member Posts: 5
    Yes. Please tell where you got that price for a 2009 touring. The best we found was $36,213.

Thanks
  • ryo998ryo998 Member Posts: 13
    Hi,

I am in the market for a 09 Odyssey EX-L with NAV & RES. MSRP is 37625. The best quote I got is 32473. Is this a good price or can I negotiate down more?

I may end up leasing the car, I haven't decided yet...

Michael
  • shakaibshakaib Member Posts: 2
    Michael,
    I bought one 09 EX-L wNAVwRES in Maryland at the base price of 31000 one week back. The OTD price was 34000.
    Shakaib
  • tonyl1tonyl1 Member Posts: 53
    Please confirm that's $32,896 an '09 and Touring, right (not an '08). Where is this offer from? To be blunt, that seems either wrong or fake. For an 09 EXL R/N that's nothing special, unless that include Dest, Tax & tags ie) out the door?
    The 2010 odyssey without the sliding doors is a Japan model only. This is not the U.S. model. To my knowlege, no concrete advance word on the US 2010 or 2011 Odyssey yet.
  • globabyglobaby Member Posts: 1
    $32,896 is a flat out lie. Why would anyone sell you a van for a $4000? Was it missing an engine or seats? Maybe it was wrecked?
  • howdy400howdy400 Member Posts: 7
    yes, www.penfed.org.

Pentagon Federal Credit Union. And, no, you don't have to be in the military to join. Choose option 7.
  • sjc_buyersjc_buyer Member Posts: 5
    I paid $35,300 for an '09 Touring in San Jose, CA, the price includes destination and Tax, Title & License were extra. The deal included wheel locks & thin fender well garnish accessories (about $180 worth).

Since the Touring has a lot of electronics I opted for an extended warranty - 7yrs, 80k miles for $1,550

Hope this info. will be helpful.
  • acurabuyer1acurabuyer1 Member Posts: 45
    Hi

Can you share the name of the dealer? Also did you by any chance enquire about a EX-L with RES only?

Thanks
    sjc buyer, you wrote the following. I read this as '09 touring for $35,300 Dest and TAX included. Could you please confirm and break out the CA tax, if you don't mind. Assuming 7.25% that gives 32,740.75 (incl Dest) for an '09 Touring. If that's true...you win the prize for best deal I've seen (or did you mean: destination included, (comma)Tax, Title & Licence were extra.

sjc buyer:
    paid $35,300 for an '09 Touring in San Jose, CA, the price includes destination and Tax, Title & License were extra. The deal included wheel locks & thin fender well garnish accessories (about $180 worth).
    I bought the '09 Touring from South Bay Honda in Los Gatos, they were closer to home, matched the deal and easy to work with (were not pushy).

The best internet deal was given by Dublin Honda and pretty much every dealer was willing to match their rate. Capitol Honda had the largest selection but sales folks were rigid.

Sorry, I did not enquire about the EX-L with RES only.

Good luck.
    Sorry for the confusion. It should have been:

$35,300 including destination + Tax, Title & License. The out of the door price is about $38K.
    Thanks for the update, best of luck with your new van. :)
  • ryo998ryo998 Member Posts: 13
    Wow, that's a great price... Don't know if I will be able to get that here in LA but I will certainly try...

Michael
  • bababbabab Member Posts: 2
    hi. would you mind to tell me which state you are in ? I'm in NJ is trying to find the same car and my best quote OTD is $33100.
    thank you thank you.
  • krh294krh294 Member Posts: 11
    Yes, I am in Ohio. Tax here is 6.75%. Again my email quote was $32225 otd.Going to go purchase the van on Fri. Let you know what happens - hopefully they won't try going back on their quote and try add some fees in there. If they do I am walking and going to another dealer that gave me the same quote.
  • bababbabab Member Posts: 2
    thank you very much.
    my best OTD is $32700 now (7% tax), and I also trying to get it Friday.
    See what happen.
  • WatergateWatergate Member Posts: 5
    Hi! For those in the search, I paid $32,800 OTD with DVD, NAV/GPS and RES, black with tan leather seats. Very good deal. Tax here in VA is 3% btw. Honda dealer is in Woodbridge, VA, (northerm VA) you can find the name/info from there. Good luck!
  • CromOdysseyCromOdyssey Member Posts: 14
    Watergate,

That is a pretty good price with NAV. What salesman did you use. That's 1000 more OTD than I was offered, but without NAV.
  • qc74qc74 Member Posts: 5
    I am looking to buy 09 ex. let me know if anyone has bought that model recently and what was the otd and options
  • qc74qc74 Member Posts: 5
    did you buy the ex. where and how much was your otd. i am lookign to buy one soon
  • userliteuserlite Member Posts: 16
    Has anyone recently purchased a 2009 EXL in/around San Jose area ?
    What was the OTD ? Which dealer did you use ? How was the overall experience ? Thank you.
  • lidlid Member Posts: 10
    The best price I found on 09 EXL with RES/NAV is $32,499. +++ taxes, title, etc.

What was your price before taxes, title, etc?

They gave you invoice price less $1250 and how much more below that? The dealer holdback is only 2%, right??

So how did you get that price???
  • acurabuyer1acurabuyer1 Member Posts: 45
    Hi Folks

Does any one have an idea on what the February incentives are?

Thanks
  • krh294krh294 Member Posts: 11
    Just an Update: Bought the van today for $32225 OTD. Price was $29913.47 + doc fees $250 + tax (6.75) 2036.03 + title fees 25.50. This was the easiest vehicle purchase I've ever been through. Test drove the van for about an hour, came back to do the paper work which took about 30 min.
  • fxguyfxguy Member Posts: 132
    On the 09 EXL, is it possible to get NAVI without RES?
  • atrajanatrajan Member Posts: 27
    my local dealer has one 2008 touring with pax ...it is white and he is offering me for $33K ... the car used to be the display model ....

do you guys think it is a good deal?
  • agiletrixieagiletrixie Member Posts: 5
    Sounds good. We considered one in the dark blue with PAX with 390 miles on for $33,990. Only problem was it was in Seattle so the logistics of getting it put another $900 on the cost. Decided to go with the 09 Bali Blue touring without PAX for $36,213. Would have preferred PAX but no-one had one locally in stock.

Good luck
  • hondaphanhondaphan Member Posts: 35
    RUN from the PAX unit. They are EXPENSIVE to maintain (about 2x normal tire cost and you can't replace just one), the tire life is shorter than normal tires, and you cannot use non-PAX tires on them.
    You can get RES without Navi, but you can't get NAVI without RES to my knowledge.
  • lidlid Member Posts: 10
    I called your dealer in VA. Their best price for 09 EX-L with NAV and RES was $32,064 including the destination charge of $670 and the $399 "processing fee". (They advertise a lower price but that didnt include the destination and processing fee. Shipping it here would have been expensive though.

I live in TX and got someone to match it + $140. (much better then anything else in the area, in fact no one else would match it!) So I got $32,200 not including tax, title, etc.

What was your price before tax, title, etc?
    thank you agiletrixie and hondaphan.

My initial option was not the touring ...but if i get a good deal i want to go for it.

$33K 2008 still seems to be high ...compared to $36.5 for a 2009.
  • camy4camy4 Member Posts: 9
    i got internet quote in NY for 28888
    is that good deal? i am willing to wait for feb 3 to see new incentives
    $33K for 2008 seems really high ...as i am getting $34,327.00 for a 2009 touring
  • FB23FB23 Member Posts: 7
    Wow! What part of the country are you getting this $34,327 quote for an '09 touring? This is by far the lowest price I've seen...to be clear the total price is: $34,327 plus TTL?
    FB23
  • dsigdsig Member Posts: 2
    Hi everyone,

I've been reading some posts for a bit and perhaps some of you have some words of wisdom.

I'll try to be brief....we are looking for a new 2008 Odyssey, so a friend of ours knows a guy. We have two vehichles that we MAY trade.

Called him, told him we are looking for a 2008 new, blue Odyssey, no frills (no DVD, no GPS).
    He came back today with this:
    2009 EX (which is available on his lot now) (I did not ask him if it had a DVD player or not)
    base price: $26,500
    plus tax
    plus motor vehicle fees
    total $28,656
    asked me my credit, I told him excellent
    asked him to ball park a monthly payment
    he asked how much down, I said $1000.00 and told him not to factor in trades since he hasn't seen them yet
    he said: lowest rate right now is 5.9% and payment would be $533 per month for 5 years
    he said: if you put down $3000, monthly payment is: $494
    I told him that we would discuss it and get back to him.

So, we think that $533 is OUTRAGEOUS! We think $494 is outrageous. Is there anything other than calling him back and saying "you're nuts" that I can say to him. I have not seen any paperwork, have not met the man, do I ask him to fax over the breakdown for me to review?? Oh, and I'm in NJ.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx
  • pheynenpheynen Member Posts: 5
    I am in NC and looking to buy a 2009 Touring with No PAX. I have been getting prices over the internet and then when I call to get the real deal, prices seem to go up! What does OTD (Out the door ??) officially stand for and what does this include? Also seen term of TTL (Taxes, Tag and license??)

My latest quote OTD is 36, 664 and this includes all the dealer nonsense like mud flaps and wheel locks.
    Where are you in the USA? That's no special deal. We just got a 2008 EX-L with RES/NAVI out-the-door with 3.9% for only $3k more than you were quoted for the no-frills EX.

In general, go to Gmail (or hotmail, or whatever anon service). Set up an email account JUST FOR shopping this car (the dealer can't google you and find out any informaiton about your lifestyle/wealth, whatever). Use your MIDDLE NAME and LAST NAME in contacts. We used hondayodyssey2008quest@xxxxxx.com.

Go to Autotrader.com. Plug in your location, and what you're looking (in a 2008!) for within 50-100 miles. EMAIL EVERY DEALER THAT SHOWS STOCK - most have internet divisions, direct the email STRAIGHT to that department. Send them a nice, polite letter saying what you want, and that you want an out the door price including EVERYTHING with NO-TRADEIN (you can discuss that later). Tell them dealer you choose will get 100% on the honda post-sale satisfaction survey in every category. They really want the high ratings, and this really did help us. In our case, there were a few categories I felt were 4/5 after the sale, but I gave them 5/5 because they stuck to their end of the bargain, and I stuck to mine because we got a great deal.

Anyway, you'll probably get 50% with no reply, 25% evasive, and 25% of the emails with a quote or needing more information. KEEP THE DEALERS IN THE DARK as to how you're doing. Just stay in contact saying you're still gathering quotes until you have enough. Once you have a quote you like, see if your preferred dealer will match it. Do ALL THE NEGOTIATION via email so you just have to walk in and sign, pay your down and drive away. that part should take less than an hour and closer to 30 minutes.

Start the looking now, but I'd wait a few days until we hear about more incentives from Honda. They have to be coming soon. They're so backed up, they're closing US factory lines down.
    OTD = out the door. The bottom line amount that you write on the check to the dealer, and in most cases, it will include tax, title, and license (TTL). However, since the TTL will differ from state to state, a price is often stated as $X plus TTL.

I hope this helped.
    This was very helpful. thank you. I live on the border of two states so I will make sure I calculate taxes correctly.
    Thanks for the tip about setting up an email account for this deal.. that makes a lot of sense; especially in light of the fact that I have been deluged with emails from the internet departments of dealerships that are playing the bait and switch games just like the goo old days before the internet!

The factory incentives are currently at $1250 according to what I read. I have heard that this is expiring soon but as you say, another deal is probably coming.
    If different, the tax rate is usually based on the state you live in (or the state the vehicle is first registered in) and not the state you purchase the vehicle in...not sure if this applies to your state or not? For instances, I bought my last car in AZ, I paid the dealer the sales price plus shipping (TTL not included) . They shipped the car to me and when I went to register it, I was charged the TTL at the DMV.

Anxiously awaiting the next incentive news!!! I believe the $1250 dealer cash back expired today.
    FB23
    i have got 3 dealers (NJ ) provide quotes in the $34K range ...
    (2009 touring without PAX)
  • fxguyfxguy Member Posts: 132
    Any idea what the new incentives are?