Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• nardznardz Member Posts: 8
    if you dont mind can you give me the dealer name and number and contact sales rep. i am in ct and can't find ex below 24500. got a quote for a lx for 22500+670+ whatever fees.

Also, if you have the email for that deal can you send it to my email add. menard28@yahoo.com

by the way im menard

thanks in advance.
    hi thinking of buying an lx too. do you have that deal in your email? if you have can you send it to me..if not maybe you can give me the name of the sales rep and his number. my email is menard28@yahoo.com
    hi im also thinking of buying a lx but cant really find a good deal. do you mind if i ask you for your sales rep name and number and if you have the email for this deal can you send it to my email add menard28@yahoo.com

thanks.
  • raphael0106raphael0106 Member Posts: 7
    got offer 2008 exl new in seattle 28500 is it a good deal?
    got offer 2008 exl new in seattle 28500 is it a good deal? otd
  • bigdadi118bigdadi118 Member Posts: 1,207
    Is the offer incl dest before deal admin fee, TT&L or OTD?
    If it is not OTD price then get the 2009 EXL cheaper than this price, so 28500 isn't good deal for 2008 model.
  • burningmustardburningmustard Member Posts: 3
    I thought about this as well, as I don't HAVE to have the car right now. I am currently shopping for an '09, and plan to buy before the end of the month. Currently the rebate is $2500, and apparently the highest they got last year was $3500. Sure they could go higher this year, but I decided to just buy this month. I got an offer of invoice - rebate - holdback without any negotiation, we will see if I can do even better.
  • pjc89pjc89 Member Posts: 3
    I negotiated a price of $23.5 for an 08 Odyssey EXL last September from McGrath Honda in Chicago (or maybe Elmwood Park), so I suspect that you shouldn't pay more than that price plus tax if you buy that model today. SO, I think you are paying too much, unless your state tax and license rates are off the charts. Didn't buy the car and decided to wait until 09, and we are now in the market again, but want an 09.

In the FYI column, on the 09, negotiated a price of $27.9 for the EXL with RES from Honda on Grand in the greater Chicago area (Elmhurst, I think). Wife wouldn't pull the trigger b/c second thoughts that she might want Sienna (also good deals there since this is last year of current model), but ultimately decided on the EXL. Going to wait until the summer to see if I can get them down to $25 on the EXL, which I think is very doable given current market conditions and the fact that we don't need the van. These guys are hurting, it is the end of the month and they NEED sales, so don't be afraid to be aggressive.
  • newarchernewarcher Member Posts: 3
    I am looking at an LX with a roof-rack in Georgia for around mid-$21K before tax tag and title.

As I see it, the max upside is that I get another $500 off at year-end incentive time, if it increases. Even if Honda threw an extra $1,000 of incentive, that doesn't mean the dealers will pass that along. I would guess the dealer will absorb SOME of that via some increased profits on their side.

The downside is that if the economy gets better or people sense the crisis is over, the rush to get deals before they are gone could drive prices right back up. I could either be looking at $22 or more or even find myself in a situation where the LX 2009 models are all gone.

I am thinking that I might just go ahead and pull the trigger after tax season is over and I complete all my clients.

The potential downside looks worse than the best case upside and is probably more likely to to happen.
  • ghagha Member Posts: 1
    Got an EX-L for $27,600 in CA. Price included destination charge. Also had an offer for $27,500 from another dealer for a white one, but didn't want that color.
    thats total OTD..is it high or should i go lower..no navi or dvd...thank you
    thats OUT THE DOOR....tax in washington is 9.1% so is 28500 to high or should i go lower...thank you
  • jimprofitjimprofit Member Posts: 9
    I happened to check the inventory for Go Honda 104th in Westminster, CO and it looks like the other identical White 2008 Odyssey EX-L w/ RES I referenced in my prior post has disappeared. I believe it had been sitting on their lot since about August of 2008; funny how it appears to have sold so quick after my posting just 2 days ago. :)

Whoever you are it is time to fess up. ;) What price did you get?
  • coolkh1coolkh1 Member Posts: 3
    Just signed a contract for 2009 Odyssey EX-L Sterling Grey W/RES +wheel lock out the door $30,600. Vehicle price $27964 + fee + tax of %8.25= $30600.

First Negotiated EX-L w/o RES w/o DVD @ OTD $29500, but the dealer did not have a correct color. had to buy one with RES for $1000 more.

Since I am in downtown LA area, I added wheel lock for $100 more.

I asked for the OTD price of $29500 or $30500 w/RED, they promptly answered yes, so deal was very easy but now I think I should have tried harder to go lower.

The milelage was only 15 miles and everyhing was good. When I drove home from the dealership, there was some burning smell. I guess it is because it was very new.

I hope my experience would be helpful.
  • cimbrianocimbriano Member Posts: 6
    That is what I thought. I was able to get 27755 from another dealer and sent the number to the original dealer to meet. Thanks for the input. This forum is really great!
  • txminivanmomtxminivanmom Member Posts: 2
    I have been in this forum many times and found it extremely helpful so I thought I would share some information on my new Odyssey. I paid $29,014 (this includes destination charges only), plus T,T,L. The vehicle is an EX-L model with the DVD (RES) only and has a few minor extras, wheel locks, window tint, pin stripe, cargo shell, and mud guards. We financed with Honda, the rate started at 5.99% for 60 months. We decided to add on the wheel/tire 5 year warranty (I seem to find all the nails on the road), in doing this they bought the rate down to 4.99% and it added about $1 to the monthly payment. I live in the Dallas area, and bought at Bankston Honda of Lewisville. This was the most painless car purchase I have ever made. Thanks again for taking the time to provide such valuable info!
  • dealseekermomdealseekermom Member Posts: 2
    Is this a good price for an ex-l with no extras? It includes ttl and any destination charges. (located in Illinois)
  • dealseekermomdealseekermom Member Posts: 2
    It's a new 2009
  • coolkh1coolkh1 Member Posts: 3
    I think that is good enough price if that amount is including everything.

If I were you, I would try more to get EX-L w/RES for $30,000 OTD, which I failed.
  • richard1111richard1111 Member Posts: 17
    Coolkh1

Which dealership is this? I am in the market for the same car EXL with RES. Maybe going for NAV also. Your OTD price is the lowest I have seen. Please email me info at richard1111@hotmail.com. I am planning on purchase this weekend. Thank you!
  • beachmumbeachmum Member Posts: 1
    I am also in LA and am looking for the same thing. This is the best price I have seen in our area. Can you post the dealership info? I am looking to purchase this weekend also. Thanks
  • CTRollCTRoll Member Posts: 8
    How are people getting prices that seem lower than $invoice - $incentives -$holdback? How can the dealer sell at these prices?
  • tailspin74tailspin74 Member Posts: 4
    I have been lurking for months on this site and find it incredibly valuable, so I thought I would contribute with a data point.

I pulled the trigger on an 09 Sterling Silver EX-L RES/NAV today. I had been shopping around and received several online quotes in my area of $30,400 -30,600. Then I spoke to my German car dealer and he called up one of his Honda sister companies. They offered me $29,200+TTL and I jumped on it.

It seemed like a decent deal...or at least until they come out with a better incentive program next week!

I believe this deal was only possible because of the long standing relationship I had with the German car dealer. I hope this data point helps others.
  • jmlwjmlw Member Posts: 2
    Great deal and pleasant internet buying experience:

29,200 OTD

was also offered EX-L with RES for 30,500 but I declined.

For color I went with Nighthawk Black Pearl and it looks pretty slick. :shades:

This forum was great. Thank you!

Herson's Honda :)
    Rockville, MD
  • mentatmentat Member Posts: 4
    Is this a good deal?

$24,225 for new 09 EX (includes dest. fee) in Los Angeles. TTL extra. No extra options.
  • odyshopper1odyshopper1 Member Posts: 7
    All,
    Does anyone have any information on what the April incentives are going to be? Will the current $2500 Cash to Dealer incentive go up down or stay the same?
    Thx
  • tradermomtradermom Member Posts: 11
    Hi txminivanmom:
    I am trying to wrap up the purchase on 09 Odyssey as well. You seem to have gotten a very fair deal. I am not having luck over here in Tampa, Florida, the best I can get on an 09 EX, with no options is 24900 plus 599 dealer fee and TTL. In comparison you seem to have gotten a much better deal. I was trying to keep costs down and min. down payment. Maybe this is the problem.
    Any info would be great.
    tradermom
  • tonyl1tonyl1 Member Posts: 53
    I'm also looking for an EXL RES/NAV and that sounds like a great price. Does that inlcude Destination charges?

What area and dealer is that from? I'm outside Chicago and not seeing prices that are that good. Enjoy the Van!
  • hondainatlhondainatl Member Posts: 8
    They really can't, and per Honda are not supposed to. Dealerships actually get in trouble from Honda for selling behind invoice. Honda also does not allow dealerships to advertise prices below invoice in commercials/paper ads/etc.

If you have a Honda deal into holdback you have a phenomenal deal.

I am in Honda sales and my employee price is $200 over invoice minus any incentive money.

It kills me when we're at invoice or below and people are still harping to get more and more off the car.

Sometimes I just want to say, "You're getting a great deal, take it! Quit treating me us like we're trying to rob you!"
    Thanks Hondaintl, very helpful to hear the other point of view.
    I am being quoted 24,500 for an EX plus the dealer fee. The dealership is telling me that this is less than their invoice. Is the 2500 dealer cash back already subtracted from this amount or do I than subtract??Since I am leasing the Ex is rather expensive (but better than the Sienna LE).
    Thanks,
    tradermom
  • aan1234aan1234 Member Posts: 31
    >Sometimes I just want to say, "You're getting a great deal, take it! Quit treating me us like we're trying to rob you!"

Ok. A dealer has 6 2008 Odysseys and did not sell any of them in last 2-3 months.
    When they offer me invoice-$3500 incentive for EX it is more expensive than comparable 2009 Sienna LE. It is not much cheaper than 2009 Odyssey, but it was sitting on the lot under Arizona sun for a year or more (judging by delivery charge of $635 instead of $670 for later 2008 Odysseys) and it already has 50+ miles on it. Why would anybody even think about it?
    I understand your perspective and I'm sure most are honest. However, I've had quotes from dealers who say they are making $150 on this sale, but then I see their quote is $1,500 higher than others have been able to obtain in this forum.
  • tailspin74tailspin74 Member Posts: 4
    Castle Honda and Mueller were both at $30,400+ttl. Destination is included in that price.
    Wow, So you are in the Chicago area. Can you please share the dealer and sales person what you were able to get $29,200 incl. dest.

Thanks!
    aan1234:
    What price were you quoted for the EX vs Sienna LE? I have gotten a price from Coggin of Honda in St.Augustine Florida for 24,500 for the EX and they are telling me this is the lowest they can go, The lease price they quoted me is $400.00 per month with 6% sales tax and zero down. The problem is when I use a lease vs purchase website to calculate the payments using the dealer stated.0025 money factor and 52% residual the numbers are off by a lot. What am I doing wrong, can anyone tell me what the payments should be with zero down for the EX??
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    "Dealerships actually get in trouble from Honda for selling behind invoice. "

Is that the line your boss tells you to use? Because that isn't accurate. Honda can't control the price negotiation between a dealer and customer. That would violate any number of federal and state statutes.

If that helps you sell cars, have at it... but, you'll probably get called on it someday, and might lose more sales than you know, from customers that know better.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• aan1234aan1234 Member Posts: 31
    I've got a quote of $23626 for 2008 Odyssey EX and $24200 for 2009 Sienna LE8 EVP2. One of dealers here is offering 2009 Sienna LE7 EVP2 for 22988.

The first Sienna quote I've got during a test drive and did not even discuss it further, so it is more of a starting point than a real quote.
  • HappyBearHappyBear Member Posts: 9
    Co-Ask

Thx
  • fmichaelfmichael Member Posts: 95
    As the title suggests - does anyone else think Honda may offer lower financing options if Toyota were to lower theirs in order to move the remaining 2009 Sienna from dealers lots to make room for the all-new 2010 Sienna this summer?
  • fmichaelfmichael Member Posts: 95
    In the same boat you're in; would rather wait until September when Honda starts their year-end clearance drive (better finance rates), but the economy may turn around just enough, and/or others may see the current deals as well, and sales could go up leaving little to no 2009 Odysseys in dealers lots...Right now I'm watching a few dealers inventories via their websites (how accurate they are :confuse: ) to keep track of their numbers.
  • sayhey2205sayhey2205 Member Posts: 6
    odyshopper,
    My salesman showed me on his computer that the $2500 incentive was extended beyond March 31.
    Just purchased a new 09 EXL-RES from WIlliamson Honda in Lincoln. $29,295 (ex TTL) with a very aggressive trade in valuation for my '00 Sienna (a lot mroe than Carmax would offer). Was very happy with the experience...no nonsense and straightforward throughout and I was in and out in a couple of hours.
    They gave me a low quote online as they are a bit further away from where I live, and then made the buying experience very enjoyable vs. the other three Honda dealerships that are much closer to my house.
    I also brought in a financing quote of 3.9% and they were able to get very close to it.
    All in all, a great buying experience: no pressure, friendly, and fair. And because of that, I didn't feel like I wanted to sit there and negotiate for hours for an extra couple hundred of $'s off the price.
    Cheers!
  • odyshopper1odyshopper1 Member Posts: 7
    Thanks sayhey2205. Did it indicate the end date? Is it extended through all of April?
  • txminivanmomtxminivanmom Member Posts: 2
    Hi Tradermom,
    All negotations were done before talk of down payment, etc. I used Edmunds.com "free quote" tool, it sent an e-mail to every Honda dealer in the area and they e-mailed me back with their offers. Honestly all the offers were very close. It was sort of a pain to be stalked by all the dealers, but it helped us understand who we wanted to work with. We had contact names and price quotes before we even went into the dealership. I think if you go in cold turkey it can be very overwhelming and the dealers don't seem to be as willing to drop prices. I would go to Edmunds.com, price out the exact model you want and go from there. I hope it works out for you, we are very happy with the Odyssey.
  • rushmerushme Member Posts: 22
    Is 27,400 (including destination) a decent price for an EXL with no RES or NAV? Price in addition to TTL; I am in Illinois with a tax rate of 6.25%.

24,300 for EX plus TTL.

I am really torn between the EX and the EXL. Is the leather in an Odyssey tough? We have seat protectors for the kids, but I am not sure if I am in love with the leather...it can look pretty beat up pretty quickly depending on the quality. I worked out the difference for mpg and after about 5 years at $4/gallon, the EXL (VCM) only offers a $900 approx. benefit. Is that enough to justify the almost $3500 initial difference? Also, is the rear camera that useful? Why is there less cubic space in the EXL?

Thank you in advance.
    I believe it was extended past April but I don't recall an exact end date. As soon as I saw it wasn't going to be deepened I just went ahead and purchased.
  • bcpagebcpage Member Posts: 9
    Just bought today for:
    $27,895
    + $670 (freight)
    + $100 doc fee
    = $28,665
    + $104 transfer registration
    + $1,719.90 Maryland tax
    = $30,488.90 OTD

Hersons Honda
    Rockville, MD

Thanks to all who have posted their info. One minor question: does anyone know if the floor mats in the front should have "Odyssey" embroidered on them? The brochure shows it, but my floor mat in the front is plain. :confuse:
    I believe that dealer must be MotorWerks of Barrington, but I contacted them and they were higher that other dealers...Nowhere near 29.2K with dest. charges.
    I heard that as well from a Salesman who was putting together an offer. He said the current incentives go through 5/4/09.
  • langellangel Member Posts: 5
    I was trying to get the same price for the same car, but failed. It seems no dealers in Houston, TX want to go below $31,300 OTD.