Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• fmichaelfmichael Member Posts: 95
    The price you were quoted for the EX seems pretty fair; I was quoted $24,237 here in the Milwaukee area.

I'm a big guy (6'4"), and found that the drivers seat on the EX-L is a bit cramped - however on the EX it's just fine (found out from a salesperson that there's nearly 1 full inch more of legroom with the non-leather Odyssey's)...That said I'm sold on the EX; personally I'm not too big of a fan of leather seats, don't like/need the sunroof, and the EX has everything that I need. To me it's an extra waste of $$$, and for the VCM - I'm not entirely sold on that either. Unless you take alot of road trips, or drive for extended periods of time at a constant speed with little elevation changes then the VCM will be of a benefit - otherwise it's just another feature that your paying for, but not using.

The quote I was given for the EX is good until April 30th.
  • HappyBearHappyBear Member Posts: 9
    After following this thread for months, finally committed on EX today
    Car 23024
    + 670 Destination
    + 599 Documentation
    + 21 Title
    + 1700 GA Tax 7%
    =26015 OTD
    The deals has installed option Mud guard, Stiped, Detail for 495. We forgot to ask what's Detail is, anybody happen to know?

I figure the new car price is fair. But we had a trade in which I feel we didn't get the best deal. The dealer doesn't really push hard for trade, but we traded it to save the trouble of selling the car ourselves. The whole experience is quite pleasant, the dealer is not push at all. We must get another dealer disappointed since we went to the first one and we get what we expected.
  • fmichaelfmichael Member Posts: 95
    What color?

Congrats on the purchase; I'll probably be doing the same sometime late April (waiting to see if the finance rates thru American Honda will drop).
    Thx, We got a Slate Green with olive interior. We got 3.99 from BOA approved in the dealership, we have pretty high FICO score though.
  • 93139029313902 Member Posts: 4
    Interested in you experience at Honda of Omaha. I had an awful experience there this last week and chose to take my business elsewhere, but didn't consider Williamson.
  • pink_floydpink_floyd Member Posts: 1
    Congratulations on your purchase - that is a good price (any price less than carsdirect.com is a good price).

Which dealer in GA did you buy it from ?

Enjoy your ride :-))
    Curry Honda. They gave the lowest quote over email.
  • odyshopper1odyshopper1 Member Posts: 7
    Whats the best price anyone has paid for the 2009 Touring?
    Thx
  • sayhey2205sayhey2205 Member Posts: 6
    Not sure about which dealership you are talking about with Honda of Omaha...Bellevue, O'Daniel or Superior?
    My experience with O'Daniel was pretty good except for two things...they would match a lower price but then charge me a $175 transportation fee, and they would not give me a quote on my trade in until I had committed to a price on the Odyssey. Stated it was dealer policy, so no deal.
    Superior would not commit to meeting or beating a price quote but were pretty straightforward about their limits. Again, easy to walk away from.
    Bellevue was just painful to deal with...very traditional dealership in haggling over pricing and seemed pretty shady (they put the shipping into the MSRP in the apparent hopes to double charge you on shipping later). Disgusted with the experience and will never ever go back.
    Williamson in Lincoln was straightforward, no pressure tactics, and very easy to have a clear price discussion with. I went through the online sales department, but everyone at the dealership seemed to be this way. I recommend them to anyone in this area for a new Honda purchase.

Hope this helps!
  • burningmustardburningmustard Member Posts: 3
    Excellent experience at Holmes Honda in Des Moines on a 2009 Touring non-pax

$33,650 + $185 Doc fee = $33,835 + TTL
  • jim408jim408 Member Posts: 1
    Purchased in the N Dallas Area of DFW. For your info.

Gray 09 EX-L RES-NAV 1/9 Build Date

$30,900- Price, Including Destination.
    + $400 - Front Window Tint, Wheel Locks, Cargo Tray, Mud Flaps.
    + $1295 - 8yr/120m $0 Deductable Honda Care Warranty
    $32595.00

+ $1956.25 Tax
    + $81.38 Dealer Inv Tax
    + 132.05 Tag, Title, Registration
    + 50.00 Dealer Administrative Charge.

Total OTD
    $34814.68
  • spdnyspdny Member Posts: 4
    autobrag.com also lists the end date for the $2,500.00 incentive as 5/4/2009
  • tonyl1tonyl1 Member Posts: 53
    Thanks, I'd not heard of that site. they actually list it ending on two dates: 3/31 and 5/4.
  • sree6sree6 Member Posts: 4
    Hi Tailspan74,
    I am also living in chicago land area and am looking for the same. Could you let me know where you grabbed that fantastic deal...I needed to buy soon.

thanks,
    I believe it is Motor Werks of Barrington, but they were not able to offer anywhere near that price.
  • music4soulmusic4soul Member Posts: 1
    I bought a 2009 Odyssey EX-L for 30,000 OTD yesterday.

Additional options include Protection Package and Wheel Locks.

The dealer is giving me an option of buying 7 yr/100K miles warranty plus free oil service maintanence(5 yrs) for $1300.Is it worth buying it?Pls help me decide.
  • spdnyspdny Member Posts: 4
    You may find this link of interest. Best Honda Care Extended Warranty Prices. Check out the last page.

http://www.odyclub.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5414
  • buycarforbabybuycarforbaby Member Posts: 1
    I would like to buy a EX-L RES in pittsburgh area. The lowest price I got so far is $29,850 plus tax and title fee. This price seems pretty high compared with the price people got in other area. Does anybody else try to buy an odyssey in pittsburgh? Do you mind sharing your experience? Thanks.
  • langellangel Member Posts: 5
    Can any one share your experience if you bought EX-L Res in Houston area lately?
  • wenhqwenhq Member Posts: 14
    This forum had helped me a lot on pricing. Here I am trying to give something back.

Over the weekend, got a deal for EX-L w/ RES at 28K (including destination $670) + TTL. However the dealer didn't have the color we wanted, dealer didn't want to do the swap for me. Maybe the price was too competitive. Trying to get the color and price match from other dealerships today and tomorrow. If cannot get the color we wanted, might have to go back to the dealer for different colors.

Good luck to you all.
  • thekimsthekims Member Posts: 1
    Looking to buy one and got a quote for 34,800 in Southern California. Would love to know if someone is getting any better quotes on the Touring w/o Pax.
  • dbtdbt Member Posts: 298
    ""Dealerships actually get in trouble from Honda for selling behind invoice. "

Is that the line your boss tells you to use? Because that isn't accurate. Honda can't control the price negotiation between a dealer and customer. That would violate any number of federal and state statutes."

I think what HondaInAtl really meant was that dealers can get in trouble for posting prices on the internet below invoice. That part is true, though they can certainly email / tell you on the phone prices below invoice.
  • tailspin74tailspin74 Member Posts: 4
    Ahhhh, it was too good to be true.

I went to write the check on Monday and in looking at the vehicle paperwork I noticed one detail missing. No NAV! Idiots. I'm back to $30,400 +TTL, which all the local dealers seem to be at. Sorry guys.
    Where did you get such a good deal?!
    New fin. rates. it looks like the incentives stay the same.

2.9 - 36 months
    3.9 - 60 months
  • mommobile3mommobile3 Member Posts: 4
    I bought my Odyssey yesterday for 30,499 OTR. Think I got the best deal possible? Didn/t realize you could bargin for extended warranty so had to cancel the one I bought from the dealership, and buy one online. Its a learning experience...glad I found this site.
    One day to late....
    I got the deal from 2 different dealers in Boston area. I also got the 2.9% finance. the OTD should be around 29785, i am getting the car in few hours.

Thanks.
  • jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    Are dealers still able to sell warranties online? Read that honda won a suit to prohibit that transaction.
    Whats the tax in MA? I'm in MD and the tax is 6%.
    Apparently.
  • D1974D1974 Member Posts: 2
    Can you pls let me know for which dealter in MA you got this price?
  • HOdysyhunterHOdysyhunter Member Posts: 38
    I am just enquiring with my local dealer in Seattle,WA, and they said the new fin rates are only applicable for CIVIC, ACCORD only. Is this true? Can this be applicable for odyssey as well?

Any response much appreciated.
  • ekw540ekw540 Member Posts: 3
    Can you share the two dealers please. Thanks.
  • s_horns_horn Member Posts: 2
    Purchased at Northwest Honda in Owings Mills last night. Thanks to this board and its members for all the helpful advice.
  • jamilstlouisjamilstlouis Member Posts: 5
    Looking for Touring w/o Pax. Got a quote for $33656 +TTL. Is is a good price? Should I wait until this summer to buy when the 2010 model is out. I was told then the 2009 model would be a lot cheaper. Is that true? Anybody buying Odyssey in St Louis. Please help.
  • hodesseyhodessey Member Posts: 10
    I just received email from one of the dealer saying that Honda is offering APR 3.9% for Odyssey. Can some one confirm this? is this for April incentive ?
    It is NOT true. I just got my Odyssey at 2.9% for 36 months. 3.9% is for 60 months.
    Total OTD price: 28000 + 1400 (tax) + 298 (doc fee) + 86 (title and license) + 1100 (EW 8yr / 100k) = 30884. The sale guy was good, however the business manager was not very nice, because she was not able to sell the EW at $2200 (7yr / 100k), thanks for this usefull forum in Edmunds. I showed her the online price, and she had to match it, otherwise i could just walk away.
  • sri3sri3 Member Posts: 4
    Dear Jim 408,
    Could you please email me (crsri2@yahoo.com) the dealer name.. and the sales person if you dont mind. I am in little rock, AR , and the closest price before taxes was 32K.
    Thanks
  • dr_zzzdr_zzz Member Posts: 2
    Just like to say thanks for all of your posts. So, I'm giving back. Bought my new EX-L today for 28.2k OTD at Landmark Honda. Hendrick made the offer and were the best to work with :D but they were further away from where I live. Landmark matched the price so they got my business. :blush: Rosenthal Fairfax Honda is a @#$%. Didnt like working with them at all. :mad:
  • cutetotoro79cutetotoro79 Member Posts: 3
    FYI: Purchased in Houston, Texas

Cherry with Ivory Leather Interior 09 EX-L RES-NAV

$31805 - Price, Including Destination, Front Window Tint, All-Season Protection Package (Cargo Tray, All-Season Carpets, Splash Guards)
    + $1495 - 8yr/120m $0 Deductable Honda Care Warranty
    $33300

+ $1987.81Tax
    + $67.01 Dealer Inv Tax
    + 134.05 Tag, Title, Registration
    + 50.00 Dealer Administrative Charge.

Total OTD
    $35538.88
  • gmon1gmon1 Member Posts: 1
    $33,797 + TTL
    Black on black .
  • fxguyfxguy Member Posts: 132
    28.2k OTD?? Are we talking 2009 EX-L here?
    Just brought it home. Thanks for all the GREAT info:

Ocean Mist Color
    With Splashgaurds
    2 free Oil Changes

Price: 30455.35 (including dest)
    Doc: 151.65
    Tax 2400.00
    Tags 143.00
    -------------------
    OTD 33,150
  • cyberuyencyberuyen Member Posts: 1
    Thanks for all the previous posts.

Just got a slate green metallic Odyssey with RES/NAV in the Los Angeles area for:

$30,700
    + lojack $300
    + document preparation fee $55
    + Honda Care warranty 7/80K, $875
    + sales tax (8.25%) $2562
    + DMV electronic filing fee $29
    + license fees $202
    + registration $87
    + calif tire fees $8.75
    ----------------------------------
    Out the Door: $34,818

We ended up with Sierra Honda in Monrovia and worked with Sonny. Were offered 2.9% apr on 36 month. I ended up storming out at one point because of the lojack (trying to add on to earlier quoted price of $30,800), but they dropped the prices so the car was $31K and no more. Finance guy tried to put $100 deductible on the Honda Care warranty, we said no, so he got rid of it.

Earlier that day spent some time at Honda in Ontario, but they said there was no way and their offer was $31,588 or something.Very nice folks though. In better economy I would have gone there, I think.

Also spent time with the best internet deal we got: Norm Reeves in West Covina. Offered us $31,000 for the car (including destination fee, but not TTL), but it simply was not on the lot. He said he was working with the sister store Norm Reeves in Cerritos. They said they were having it delivered, but two hours later, they said it was a misunderstanding we would have to agree on a price first, but we were suspicious. Told him to call us when it was "delivered." We figured while we waited for the call we'd check out Ontario. (Never called back...)

And even earlier in the day we were with Diamond Honda in City of Industry. Online quote was $30,788. No one was there while we checked out colors, decided to go to best online price we got at Norm Reeves West Covina.

Note: This was less than the rock bottom price a popular consumer magazine quoted on a car report we ordered, $31,059

Good luck on your purchase!
    Dear cutetotoro 79

Do you mind sharing the dearler and the sales person's name? I am looking for a better deal in Houston area. So far all the quote I got were above edmund price. Thank you!

(I love tototo 2)
  • bigdadi118bigdadi118 Member Posts: 1,207
    DETROIT -- Honda Motor Co. said it will cut North American production further, reduce pay of its salaried employees in North America, and for the first time, force its hourly workers to take unpaid leave, as vehicle sales continue to plunge.

The company will reduce output by 62,000 units over three months starting May 1, according to a Honda spokesman. Honda reduced cut production in North America by 204,000 units, bringing its unofficial total output 1.25 million in the fiscal year ending today.

Honda will accomplish the cuts through 13 non-production days, six of which are unpaid for all its North American hourly employees. This marks the first time Honda has taken such a move. In the past Honda, like Toyota, offers to pay its workers to come to the factories and partake in training or maintenance activities.

Honda's salaried employees will also see their pay cut with higher executives taking bigger hits. Bonuses this year will be greatly reduced or eliminated, the spokesman said, and the company is offering voluntary buyouts and retirement packages at most of its operations.

Auto manufacturers have struggled to adjust production to the declines in vehicle sales. All manufacturers have been trying to lower inventory levels as cars pile up on dealer lots. Chrysler LLC has shut down its Sterling Heights assembly plant which produces two mid-sized sedans for a month after sales of the products plunged.

Honda's sales in the U.S. last year fell 7.9% from a year before compared to the overall market's decline of 18%. This year, the company has been harder hit with sales falling 33% in the first two months of the year compared to the same period a year before. U.S. vehicle sales in March will be announced tomorrow, and analysts expect that the pace of sales may have worsened from February.

Honda's Japanese rivals Toyota Motor Corp. and Nissan Motor Co. have both instituted production cuts in their U.S. operations. Nissan in January indefinitely instituted a four-day work week. Toyota has offered voluntary buy-outs to its employees and said a small percentage have accepted the offer.

Toyota reduced its North American production by 48% in February from the same month a year ago. The company made 72,000 vehicles over the month, compared with 139,000 a year ago.

Honda's cuts will affect all of its manufacturing plants in North America including the engine and transmission plants.
  • bigdadi118bigdadi118 Member Posts: 1,207
    April 1 (Bloomberg) -- Honda Motor Co., Japan’s second- largest automaker, will cut its North American auto production by 62,000 vehicles in the May-September period as U.S. auto demand slumps.

The company will halt output at five factories in the U.S. and Canada for 13 days in May, June and July and one plant in Mexico for 13 days from May to September, it said in a statement today.

Honda and other Japanese automakers are cutting production and jobs to reduce their dealers’ inventories. U.S. auto sales last month probably fell to the lowest level since December 1981 as rising unemployment and tighter credit deterred car purchases, according to analysts surveyed by Bloomberg.

Honda has not announced its production and sales forecasts for the fiscal year beginning today.
  • royalvballroyalvball Member Posts: 4
    I just wanted to thank everyone for their posts on prices paid. This really helped in knowing where I could negotiate. I was able to get a new (still on a truck from Alabama) EX. I had 2 dealerships fighting over my business since it was the end of the month and end of the quarter. I will always buy a car around this time from now on. I don't have the document in front of me to show what the actual prices were but here are some estimates.

23,717 (includes destination)
    1660.19 (tax 7%)
    $122.96 (fees)
    --------------------
    $25,500.15 otd including splash guards

This apparently cost the dealership $170 when I asked the salesman how good of a deal I got.

I look forward to putting in a DVD player and it will be ready for my expanding family for years to come.