Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Nissan Maxima Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• stevencatystevencaty Member Posts: 11
    Thank you for reply
    As of today I have 2 dealer offer me $28,877.00 + T & L
    for SE with option
    Packages and Options

Power Glass Sunroof $900

Driver Preferred Package $3650

3.5 SE Sensory Package Incl.

Bluetooth® Hands-Free Phone System Incl.

Rear Spoiler Incl.

Splash Guards $130

3.5 SE Premium Audio Package Incl.

Accessories

Carpeted Floor & Trunk Mats $160

Base MSRP $27,750.00

Total Packages, Options, & Accessories $4,840.00

Destination & Handling $605.00

Total Configured MSRP† $33,195.00
    You think good deal for this car.
  • andy2812andy2812 Member Posts: 73
    Nissan is currently giving $1,250 cash back on the Maxima. Can I get this I lease the car or is it only available if I purchase the car?
  • dabmdbdabmdb Member Posts: 2
    Just bought a 06 SE MSRP $31240 for $28419 plus 194 doc fee and sales tax and tag
    I leased for 36 months, $344.30 (inc tax) for 36 months
    I added $1900 cash up front so total amount due at signing $2931. Purchased outside Atlanta GA.
  • lamonte86lamonte86 Member Posts: 1
    2006 Nissian Maxima SE MRSP $27750
    splash guards,mats,rear spoler with options listed MRSP $28890. Dealer invoice $26380 neg price 26880- rebate $1250 Finally price after rebate $25630
  • heejomanheejoman Member Posts: 33
    Our family owns 2002 GLE. We like it a lot.

In market to replace my car (Integra). Really like the Maxima's power and interior features. Saw the price and we jumped back.

Don't get me wrong. Maximas are great cars but, fully loaded Maxima SL (other than Nav.), you are looking at TL and ES330 price range (with $1,000). Not to mention the price range of G35.

Why did the price jump $6,000 from the 2002 model?
  • jpettyjpetty Member Posts: 5
    Still waiting on the car to come in from the factory (next week sometime). I put down $250 to secure my name to the car when it comes in. Haven't signed papers yet, but here are the details of the deal we struck.

'06 Maxima SL
    Bluetooth system
    Splash Guards
    Floor mats
    MSRP = $31,195
    Cap Cost = $28617 (Invoice + $100)
    Lease Terms = 36 months/12K miles
    Residual = 58%
    Money Factor = .00176
    Cash Down = $3000
    Cap cost reduction (after fees and taxes on CCR) = $1682.44
    Pre tax monthly payment = $324.85
    After tax (9.1%) monthly payment = $354.41

Thoughts on my deal? I normally hate putting money down on a lease, but I really wanted to keep my payments at $350/month. Obviously I can still back out as I haven't signed any papers, so I'd love to hear feedback on this. I'm also interested in hearing about everyone elses's experience with dealer/NMAC fees and if they were able to negotiate any of them down. Here's the breakdown of why my cap cost reduction was reduced from $3000 to $1682.44.

$3000 : Cash down
    - 354.41 : First month payment
    - 175.00 : License fee
    - 35.00 : Doc fee (basically a dealership filing fee)
    - 550.00 : NMAC lease admin fee
    - 203.15 : Tax on my down payment
    = 1682.44: Actual cap reduction

Thanks!
  • leirexleirex Member Posts: 50
    I just got this 06 SL (Liquid Silver with black interior) for $28600 before $1500 rebate & taxes/fees. $351 below invoice price which is $28951. It seems that price has gone up recently, say $150 as some site reported $150 more than it used to be.
  • anycallanycall Member Posts: 10
    Two days ago I purchased 06 Maxima SL with Driver Peferred Package for $27150 after $1500 rebate. I was trying to see if I can get 05 for little more savings but not may left around her I guess.... Do you think I got pretty good deal or I could've gotten better?
  • plapla Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I'm new to this forum. I would just like to say that I own a 04 Maxima SE. I bought it brand new when they first came out in June of 03 (mistake). I think I paid like $29,800 for it. Now because of this, I will take a cut in value when I go to sell it because it appears it has high miles, (actually has 32,300), but since I got it half way into 03, it looks like high mileage. It's in excellent condition though. The only reason it has 32,300 miles is because it's been to Tenn (from Okla) like 5 times. If it wasn't for that, it would probably only have about 20,000 miles.

I will never buy another "new" car again. I will take a major depreciation on this car when I go to sell it. From now on, I will only buy a used newer model with low mileage.

I would recommend this to anyone buying a "new" car.

I am not 100% happy with my maxima. I just wish I would have drove the car for like a week instead of 15 mins before I bought it. Rough ride, horrible turning radius. But I do LOVE the getty up it has and the look!

FYI for anyone who wants to listen: Don't buy new and drive the car for at least several days before you buy. Even if you have to, rent one first.
  • gabejgabej Member Posts: 4
    Yesterday I purchased an '05 SE with floormats and wheel locks. MSRP is 27500. After rebate purchase price of 23,995.

Is this a good deal? :confuse:

Thanks,
    GabeJ
    I forgot to mention that it's the six speed manual transmission. I love it!

Did I get a good deal?

GabeJ
  • sevenridersevenrider Member Posts: 2
    Did you do the lease? I'm going to the dealer on Sat 2/18 to look at an 06 Max Sl. Did yours have power moon roof?
    Anyone else with #'s on simalar Max?
    My 05 was a purchase. It doesn't have a sunroof.
  • 05onyxsl05onyxsl Member Posts: 2
    Well if you look a few post up you will see that I got a brand new Max, with the same features you described for even less.
    Onyxsl,

You got a lot more stuff with yours but you paid 2500 more than I did. I paid 23995. It seems like we both did well.

Gabe
  • poodog13poodog13 Member Posts: 320
    2006 SL w/ Nav,, Bluetooth, Driver Preferred, Power Roof, Carpeted Mats and Splash Guards.

MSRP - 34545
    Invoice - 31428
    Price Quoted Before Rebate - 32078

Any thoughts on whether I should be able to get down to invoice or below?

I'm also getting $13k trade on an '03 Maxima SE w/ 45k miles, cloth interior. That includes paying off $5500 that I still owe on it.

I feel like I'm getting a great trade, but not sure I've gotten my best overall deal yet. Any thoughts on what I should be able to get in the end? Car won't hit the lot until 3/24 so I've got some time.
  • atomicjhatomicjh Member Posts: 3
    That's a good deal Poodog13

I got a sweet deal on my 06 SE- $30,000
    I paid way under invoice as it was the end of the year when I bought it. The Dealers are desperate for sales.

Power Glass Sunroof

Driver Preferred Package

Splash Guards

Navigation

XM SAT

Accessories

Carpeted Floor & Trunk Mats
    Anyone heard yet about what changes are coming in March?
  • bigtightbigtight Member Posts: 4
    I have not heard any specific's; however, the Nissan Maxima rebates usually range from $1200-$1500. As I am in the market and was at a dealership earlier today, I asked a salesperson about the March 2006 rebates. At the time, he was not privy to the information, but he did state he would not be surprised if the rebate was in the range of $1700-$1750.
  • citymomcitymom Member Posts: 8
    2006 SL
    red oplence
    biege leather
    $2650 down
    12k yr
    36 months
    $589 month + tax.....
    cave price of car $35000 including GA taxes...

I gave them assumption i have a 630 credit score....
    I also owe about $4500 on chrysler lease...they said they would write me a check for that amoutn, but no one could answer if that was rolling into my new payments.......

Isnt that alot of money a month for a dang maxima?
  • gxr1kgxr1k Member Posts: 6
    In the market for an '06 SE w/Elite pkg, but you can only get a 6 spd in 3 colors--what? Anyone know differently? Here's what is the goal:
    white exterior, tan interior, 6 spd, bluetooth, w/Navi, and sunroof. Tx/La region.
    In the market for an '06 SE w/Elite pkg, but you can only get a 6 spd in 3 colors--what? Anyone know differently? Here's what is the goal:
    white exterior, tan interior, 6 spd, bluetooth, w/Navi, and sunroof. Tx/La region.

For what it's worth, I was told by my dealer that they almost never see an SE w/ Nav. I don't necessarily believe that, probably more likely that the dealership manager doesn't order them that way, but like I said, for what it's worth.
  • day9day9 Member Posts: 57
    It has 41k miles, looks pretty nice. Is this a good price? How much can it go down?
    I feel it is not particularly quiet during the test drive on highway. Is this a common problem?
  • crw1688crw1688 Member Posts: 4
    Which dealership(s) are you shopping at? Maxima 6MT only comes in Onyx, Smoke, and Liquid Silver. I've looked at a local dealerships inventory recently and they had 10 +/- Maximas, three of which were SE with Navi, none were Elite Package though...They were all Driver Prefered Package. Hope this helps
    Here are details:

2006 Maxima SL w/ Driver Preferred, Navigation, Sun Roof, mats, and mud guards.

MSRP $34545
    Purchase Price $32078
    Trade $14300 2003 Maxima SE Cloth w/ Sunroof $45.5k miles
    Rebate $1500

I know I left about 650 above invoice on the table, however that trade value is $4k above KBB estimate. Before our last round of negotiations I gave them a target and they chose to hit it by upping the trade rather than reducing the sale price. Either way, I feel like a got a great deal.
  • falsettafalsetta Member Posts: 2
    Do you still have your 2003 GLE?. I am interested in buying one...Any thoughts on how much they go for?
  • iwantatliwantatl Member Posts: 25
    from a st louis mo dealer:

internet Sale Price $27,981 with $1500 rebate.
    2006 MAXIMA 3.5 SL 4DR AUTO
    K11-C
    SMOKE, CAFE LATTE
    Invoice MSRP
    BASE $27,432 $30,000
    DPP $694 $800
    DRIVER PREF PKG
    FLO $121 $160
    FLOOR/TRUNK MATS
    SGD $99 $130
    SPLASHGUARDS
    SRF $780 $900
    SUNROOF
    50S $0 $0
    50 STATE EMISSION
    Freight Charge $605 $605
    Total $29,731 $32,595
  • wailorwailor Member Posts: 2
    Hi. I am considering buying another Maxima for my wife. I used a 1990 which I sold last year and got about 240K miles out of it before selling. I thought it was one of the best cars I had driven considering I've driven Toyota Camry, Volkswagen Golf and BMW 320i. The only really big issue I had with it was the electrical brain box which once changed solved all the problems. apparently, a mechanic had caused it to short circuit while fixing something else.

I'm currently looking at the 1998 - 2002 Model as I like the looks and seems to be generally a well recommended car. Should I be concerned about mileage for these models? What basic tests can I perform to be sure it's in good condition. Really would appreciate your speedy response. Looking to buy one within the next few weeks and have researched literally hundreds of cars on the net. Thanks
  • pernaperna Member Posts: 521
    I'm currently looking at the 1998 - 2002 Model as I like the looks and seems to be generally a well recommended car. Should I be concerned about mileage for these models?

Stay away from the 2000 model - it was a first year, and as such has a bunch of problems. The '98 and '99 are nice, but pretty different than the '00-'03. They're smaller cars.

The '02 and '03 are the ones to get. They have the 3.5L V6 as opposed to the 3.0L, and are very fast. The '03 was an "orphan" year (only 8 months' worth were made) because the '04 came out in 03/03.
  • pathosrisingpathosrising Member Posts: 42
    Stay away from the 2000 model - it was a first year, and as such has a bunch of problems. The '98 and '99 are nice, but pretty different than the '00-'03. They're smaller cars.

The '02 and '03 are the ones to get. They have the 3.5L V6 as opposed to the 3.0L, and are very fast. The '03 was an "orphan" year (only 8 months' worth were made) because the '04 came out in 03/03.

Hmm, in a similar boat, it's looking like I can luck into a 2001 GLE with low miles for around 10K. Any advantage to paying more for a 2002? any problems with 2001 models?
  • pernaperna Member Posts: 521
    Hmm, in a similar boat, it's looking like I can luck into a 2001 GLE with low miles for around 10K. Any advantage to paying more for a 2002? any problems with 2001 models?

The '02 is quite a bit faster, but an '01 is a fine vehicle as well. If you get a chance to drive it, check the driver's door jamb and make sure it was made in late '00 or '01.
  • maximafanmaximafan Member Posts: 592
    I doubt if you can go wrong with a 2002-2003
    Maxima. I'm driving a 2002 Maxima SE going on
    four years now, with approx. 59,000 miles on
    it. All I've done in the four years was
    change the oil every 3,000, replaced the tires
    at 48,000, plus front brakes. That's it so
    far. (Knock on Wood!) The car has serious
    pick-up, very roomy, love the xenon lights,
    which does not appear to be a theft problem
    in the Tampa Bay area. I've noticed there
    also seems to be quite a few low mileage
    2002's for sale, so if the car checks out fine
    you should be able to get a good deal on one.
    Heck, some of these used ones even have lower
    miles than I have on mine. I average 15,000
    a year. So good luck!
  • toolpictoolpic Member Posts: 12
    looking to find the money factor and residual for 2006 maxima se automatic wiht the following, floor mats, truck mat, guards, rear spoiler, i was told by one dealer the MF was .00051 with a 52% residual. 3 year lease / 15000 miles. does the MF change if it is a corporate lease?
  • surge1surge1 Member Posts: 8
    looking for hte same...would like to know what the lease on this type of maxima should be.

thnx.
  • smiley10smiley10 Member Posts: 24
    I have a 2003 nissan altima with 17,000 miles. Leather interior/abs/front and side airbags/premium boise system. Looking to trade in towards fully loaded 2006 maximum se or sl. Any idea of what ball park figure would be reasonable for trade in. Live in Boston, MA area. Appreciate any suggestions.
  • smiley10smiley10 Member Posts: 24
    Looking to buy fully loaded 06 maxima. Wondering how to tell if your getting good deal. Looking at car around $34K MSRP and want to offer $29K (doesn't include 1500 rebate.) Should you try to get close to invoice price? I heard people were paying in New England around $27K for fully loaded maxima.

Appreciate any suggestions.

thanks
  • verst2verst2 Member Posts: 2
    Hi, I was looking at the same car for my brother. Carsdirect.com price was $28,993 for a fully loaded 06 SE, which includes the $2000 rebate The price is guaranteed I suggest you try carsdirect. The only problem is the 06 inventory. They couldn't find any car with the options that I want in the state of WA ! So right now we're looking at the 07 model. Good luck with finding an 06 ! I think you could get a really good deal !
  • verst2verst2 Member Posts: 2
    3.5 SE with Drivers Package, Nav, Power Sunroof, Floormats, Splashguards.

MSRP $34,450
    Offered at invoice price of $32600 before $500 rebate.
    Plus tax / license = $35,300

Good deal or not ?
  • wallet45wallet45 Member Posts: 6
    My wife just leased an new 06 Maxima SE 5AT with a sticker of $32,445 (driver's package, splash guards, floor mats and trunk mat, dealer installed OE sirus satellite radio) for 384 per month. The price was 28995 for the lease. We could've purchased for $26995. Their price quote for the lease was over $500 below dealer invoice (~$29,500). I think you can go much lower.
  • olt1892olt1892 Member Posts: 12
    Mod:

I was NOT able to see this forum (Nissan Maxima: Prices Paid & Buying Experience" by navigating
    Forums -> Sedans -> Nissan Maxima

Would it be possible to create a link please?
    Thanks.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,145
    Thanks.. I'll check it out..

kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• olt1892olt1892 Member Posts: 12
    I can see the forum now. Thanks
    No problem..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• dfitzonedfitzone Member Posts: 1
    Need your opinions.

I'm looking at the Max SL w/leather, moon roof the works, VS. the 06 Acura TL which has all except Nav which I can take ot or leave it.

Like the ride of both the dealers are next to each other and there is now I believe $2000 incentive on TL.

Maxima roomer but the TL was nice to drive.

The resale is better on the TL what about reliability on either?

Thanks,

Dan :confuse: ">
  • axu1977axu1977 Member Posts: 2
    What should I expect to pay monthly for a 36m 12k or 15k lease on a Max SE with sensory package, and moonroof in NYC and surrounding area. Can I get the HID xenon lights with the SE trim?
  • axu1977axu1977 Member Posts: 2
    and how does it affect my lease term? How do I use that number to calculate my monthly payment or the price of the car? Any help would be appreciated.
    How to Calculate Monthly Lease Payments

The money factor is a number used to calculate the finance portion of the lease payment. A lower MF means lower finance charges. Click on the link for a thorough explanation of how to calculate your lease payment.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• saabskisaabski Member Posts: 61
    Hello all, I have on the table $23,995 (before TT&L and fees) for a 2006 Maxima SE with no other options but floor mats and splash guards. MSRP is listed at $29,995. This is one of the few remaining 2006 Maximas left in Texas. Is this fair price, or can I do better?

Any advice would be appreciated.
  • kronykrony Member Posts: 110
    Just curious what you folks think...is an '02 SE with 100K going to be lots of trouble?

It has a 6 speed manual which I'm a fan of and I'm trying to decide if kelley blue book and Edmunds are realistic. I'm concerned with that many miles I'll take a beating when I trade in 2-3 years. Car has a few minor dings and scratches, two I noticed starting to rust (but smaller than a pencil eraser in size)

Options:
    Heated Front Seats
    Leather
    Power Driver Seat w/Memory
    Bose Audio - Compact Disc Changer
    Automatic Climate Control
    Power Moonroof
    Universal Remote Transmitter
    Xenon Headlights

Edmunds says:
    $8,443 private party, $9,721 dealer retail (avg condition)
    KBB.com says:
    Excellent $10,875/Good $10,005/Fair $8,925 (private party)

Dealer is asking $9500 and eager to move it given the miles and a manual transmission.

A good buy or steer clear? (I'm thinking $8000...)
    You might post this here:

Real-World Trade-In Values

You'll probably find a dealer hanging out there, that can give you an accurate assessment of what the car is worth..

I know... you are buying, not selling... but, still.. the information will be helpful..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator