Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Nissan Maxima Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• maximafanmaximafan Member Posts: 592
    Could you tell me what is included in the Platinum Package?
    Thanks.
  • marcogallo1986marcogallo1986 Member Posts: 1,164
    Has anyone baught a 2008 maxima in new york state intrested in noing if anyone has. when are the 2009's cumming out and going on to dealer lots I heard early summer Pleas if anyone nos pleas let me no Not shore what is in the Platnin package sorry. thankyou for reading my posting have a real grate day marco. sorry about my spelling
  • jkeirjkeir Member Posts: 3
    2008 maxima sl with platinum package , rear spoiler, truck mat/floor mat,moonroof
    msrp $33695
    got them down to $28795

39 month lease, 2000 down( includes fees,taxes/tags and 1st payment), 12k a year , 426.00 per month

is this a good deal???
  • bassmaxbassmax Member Posts: 9
    I just bought a 08 with standard equipment and paid $23,000 after rebate that nissian was giving. Feel like I made a great deal. And the extended warranty fee that is returned if you don't use it......terrific !!!!
    P.S. this price did not include TLR.....
    that is a real grate deal Nice $23000 you will love that car cant go rong. I am shore for everyone elce with in the Next munth or so Nissan will give real grate deals on left over 2008's cause the 2009's are cumming out in aug. anyway good luck with it it is a grate car and consumer reports recomends it Thankyou for reading Marco.
    grate deal not bad good luck with it thankyou.
    is anyone byeing nissan Maximas anymor lets get this foram going the 2009 is cumming out soon thanks
  • hjrockethjrocket Member Posts: 7
    Just in from inspecting and trying the first 2009 Maxima SV in Salt Lake (it was already sold at MSRP) it hadn't even gone thru PDI yet. The window sticker was 38K+++. It had every bell and whistle known to man, including two (count 'em two moon roofs and a package that takes away the folding rear seat (stoopid!!) and relaces it with a pass thru and arm rest with controls for an entertainment system.The tech package including navigation that is almost as good as one I can buy at Circuit City for $199 !! Further, at the Infiniti dealer next door they sell base G 35x models for about $1200 less than this Maxima. The base price on this SV was approx $32470 so if one could find a base model SV it would be a good deal. The 2009 Hyundai Azera with near identical equipment to a base SV (limited,luxury pkg) is $30697 having driven both today IMHO the Max is probably not worth the extra money--because the Azera (which runs on REGULAR) is heavily discounted here,while the Maxima is not, and the dealer does not expect a decent spread of Max models 'til late August.
    the 2009 max is a grate car from what everyone is saying I think it will be a big sellor at nissan. Plus now you will really be able to gat a grate deal on an 2008 left over. not menny 2009's out at dealers yet one dealer near me has one in not shore if it is solde yet sv moddle not the base moddle give it until aug and there will be plenty of 2009's out on dealer lots get a 2008 whal you can before they are gon thankyou for reading keep on posting those max byings and offers.
    The only 2009 Maxima on the lot had a crack all the way across the windshield, and nobody knows when a replacement can be had. BUT they had 8ea. 2008 Maximas, all SLs, one with Nav,one without sunroof and 6ea. precision gray models with platinum package,sun roof, splash guards, etc.etc all of those 6 priced at MSRP of $33325, I couldn't pass up the BIG discount offered and bought one for $26648 plus doc. tax and reg., that is less money than a fancy econo-box chevvy,dodge, or ford. Now I just wasted 2 hours trying to pair up wife's cell phone with the bluetooth w/ NO sucess, I'll try again in the morning-I'm pooped!!
    so you whent for a 2008 Max not a 2009 nice like the 2008 also boath grate cars. So the only 2009 they had on the lot had a crak in the windsheald must have bin caused doring shipping on the truck or maby might sound nuts sum one did it at the dealer ship late at night when it was closed. That would be a big factor in taking quite a bit of muney off the 2009's price. anyway alot of 2008's still to be had and get real grate deals on them. SO anyway what color is your 2008 you just got it the other day you said love it in red. and yes takes a bit of time to pair up the cellphone and the blue tooth. thankyou for reading My posting.
    Precision Gray ( like dark silver) black leather interior. It is wife's ride--I drive a GMC Envoy 4X4 when we go up the mountain to ski. At the price I paid for the 2008, I might just swap for a 2009 or 2010 after a year or so!! We gave wife's Max GLE 2003 to our eldest grandson, so he could dump his OLD OLD F-150 for his last two years in college!!
    I would wate untill 2000 10 so the first moddle year bugs are all out you no how the first moddle re doo bugs have to be worked out. yea think about that in 1 year or so. but that color is nice not a bad color. You gave the 2003 to your grand sun. HOw menny miles does that one have on it. good luck with it. maxima is a grate car has bin for ever. SO that gmc might have to trade that in if gass prices keep gooing up you no haha lol.
  • catdaddy25catdaddy25 Member Posts: 26
    I am thinking about pulling the trigger this weekend on a 2009 Maxima. MSRP is 37530 and they will let me have it for 34744 + TTL. It is with a dealer locally. Everywhere else I checked in the Dallas area in not willing to come off their sticker price any. I also found a dealer in the Hosuton area that is willing to come off $2500 MSRP. Anyone else have any experience? Thinking about sealing the deal this Saturday
  • smiley10smiley10 Member Posts: 24
    what was the invoice price?
    I don't know what the invoice is. I only know what the MSRP is. I would think roughly somewhere around $3500 off is ballpark around invoice though.
  • kingpcgeekkingpcgeek Member Posts: 1,051
    See the link/button near the top of the page labeled "NEW CARS"? Follow that and you can get invoice price for almost any car.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • homeqnetcomhomeqnetcom Member Posts: 6
    catdaddy, I am in houston and am also interested in the 09 maxima. were you looking at a fully loaded maima? If so which dealership has aagred to $34744.
    There is strenght in numbedrs and if we go in together we may be able to sweeten the deal
    Baker Jackson in Houston. You can look on their internet site and get pricing through their internet department. They did not have the color we were looking for. Their internet guy told me you would not get the same price if you came in off the street and talked to a salesman. Be sure to fill it out on internet. Good luck.
  • ahossa1ahossa1 Member Posts: 52
    Go for it. Good price at this time with so few cars in the dealerships. In NYC the lowest price I got was Msrp plus $1K and it took almost an hour to bring it down from 1.5K over MSRP.
  • jbattjbatt Member Posts: 13
    The you wouldn't get the same price if you walked into the salesroom is a tactic. I was told the exact same thing today. I've got them down $1500 under MSRP for sport and technology packages. I went to look at car after dealership closed today and the car had a $5000 markup over MSRP due to limited availability was reason for $5k.

Going to push for another $500 or $1k, More 09's hit the lots this week.
    I had many dealers that contacted me from Dallas and when I told them they would have to do better than the $2700 off of sticker. The most they would do was $400 off of MSRP. I don't see that many 09's leaving the lot around here as they want you to believe. I suspect that next month all will start coming off of the MSRP due to lack of demand and the supply they have. I have one coming in that is loaded out with technology and premumun package and they came off of it $2800. It should be in within the next week or two. Believe me they are not unloading them off of the trucks and they are selling immediately. The dealers I spoke with said they are moving them everyday. I keep a watchful eye on the lots and I don't see that. Typical selling technique. I have never paid MSRP for a vehicle and won't start now.
  • go_mdx1go_mdx1 Member Posts: 135
    Over the weekend, I just visited the largest Nissan dealer in the Southeast located in Charlotte. They had over 15 Maximas on the lot and the sales manager says he's getting another 50 Maximas in over the next 30 days. He even had the rare to find Blue Maxima as well as a base cloth Maxima.

In Raleigh, dealer closest to me has only sold 2 of his original 6 Maximas.

Bottom line, the supply/demand curve will quickly be favoring us buyers over the next 30 days.
    yes you are rite dont worry hold out for a grate deal marco
  • matpalmatpal Member Posts: 1
    What do you guys think about the possibility of new rebates/incentives coming out for August? I find it odd that the entire Nissan fleet except the new Maxima has special financing or rebates being offered.

Also, I have gotten a dealer to take about $3k off of sticker, but ibviously would hold off on this if I can get an even better deal in 2-3 weeks. I too, have been tracking inventory all at local dealers and these cars are simply not moving. All still have about 4-5 from the first shipment of 8-10 that they got in late June.
  • kingpcgeekkingpcgeek Member Posts: 1,051
    Lousy economy, high gas prices, dealers wanting sticker price, no special financing on a Nissan that is priced like a Infiniti or Lexus? Yea they are going to be slow for a while
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
    I checked on the lots of several dealerships in Dallas and a lot of them now have 20 - 25 on the lot. A week ago they only had about 7 - 10. Obviously they probably will be a little more willing to probably come off the the sticker. I do think they will have some rebates come out when these start slowing down. I wouldn't be surprised if that will be in September. They are still a lot of 2008's remaining too.
  • smlull163smlull163 Member Posts: 15
    Just thought I'd let you know how Southeast Virginia is doing.

4 local Nissan dealers (3, IMHO, I wouldn't trust making jello) The 4th, Green Gifford, is pretty good. Smallest of the four, but personalable. Sadly, all 4 seem to think the recession is not going on and they ALL want MSRP for the new Max. The odd 3 want MSRP PLUS! Good guys, have 4 09 Max's at MSRP. 1 full tilt loaded wht/caffe, 1 each, sport ed blk/blck and silver/carcoal and the newest one blue/frost interior (this has nav and sport) The blue one MSRP is 37,730. I may try the internet on the blue one and see how they move. Last month salesman said, "nope, Just MSRP, maybe $2-300 off" We'll see. I'm a patient man (sort of)

MSPR
    Car 31,990
    sport pack 2300
    tech 2250
    splash guards 170
    turnk organizer 150
    carpeted trunk/mats 180

37,700 MSRP
    Invoice (edmunds)
    car 29,301
    sport pack 1995
    tech 1952
    splash guards 133
    trunk organizer 115
    carpeted trunk/mats 134

34,325 invoice
    Blue is hard to find?

EPA says 19/26, I'll check the other forum, but any real life stories?

Scott
  • rkurlanderrkurlander Member Posts: 58
    I'm getting 21 mpg city and 28mpg highway.
  • tcoopdeville76tcoopdeville76 Member Posts: 6
    I live in NY, averaging 19.5mpg city and hwy combined
  • soplushsoplush Member Posts: 29
    One feature I am not clear on is the dual moonroof. Does the glass slide open or not? I can't tell from the website if it opens, or just glass like the 'skylight' glass roof the 2004s had.
    dont worry next munth or in sept they will have sum rebates. I would thin they would have sum rebates on the 2008 cars to move them. Yea think the blue one is hard to find. I think your best bet would be to try the internet keep us updatedd on what happens and if you get one. Ps edmans has mor realistic pricing. then those dealer ships. thanks for reading. my posting.
    I think it is differant from the 2004's think the Hole thing oppens keep us updated thankyou for reading my posting.
    Front sunroof opens up...it opens up above the roof line rather than between the interior and exterior roof panels. Rear sunroof is a fixed piece of glass. Also, the car has power sunshades - which both open up or close together. I don't think you can open the sunshades individually - but perhaps someone with a Premium packaged car can help clarify this for us.
    I finally made my final purchase on a 2009 Maxima. I was on vacation in Memphis, Tn. and found a dealership that was coming off $4000 off MSRP. They had about 15 Maximas on their lot. I also got about $2500 more for my trade in. Everyone may not be willing to drive that far but it was worth it to me especially since I was there. You can view Dobbs Nissan online and view the MSRP and their actual sell price. No one around here was willing to come off that much
    Have you taken delivery as yet? Which version and what package? and the driving experience ? U got yourself a great deal!
    I purchased the SV pckage with the Sport Technology package. Drove it home and drives great. Lots of gadgets to play with.. They have many on the lot and more arriving everyday. I went to Herras dealership across town and I couldn't even get a salesman to talk to me inside. Went over the Dobbs and made deal. Also got $2500 more on trade in there. Great people to deal with
    What Kinda ride does the Sport package give with the stiffer suspension?
  • traindrivertraindriver Member Posts: 328
    Looks like a good deal on your Maxima. How much was Dobbs' dealer fee?
    With all of the incentives on the 2008 Maxima, the inventory at local dealerships is going down fast. So, I'd be surprised to see any more additional discounts be applied to the 08 Maxima.
    yes you are rite hear in new york the same thing is happaning there is a red one sl I am intrested in going to look tomoro only sl one left and in red with bage interior few mor se ones left will keep you guys updated thanks for reading Marco.
    I had an interesting phone conversation with a Nissan sales manager on pricing of a 2009 Maxima. As a result of the Olympics and Nissan's TV sales campaign, 2009 Maximas are no longer being discounted at his dealership. He offerred me a $200 coupon off of MSRP. What a nice guy!

By the way, I'm finding most dealerships are now offerring $3k to $4k discounts on the 2009 Maxima. So, this one dealership is really going for the "Gold". Literally!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,559
    That's a new one.... blaming the high prices on Olympic advertising... :surprise:

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• jeffc10jeffc10 Member Posts: 2
    I was orginally looking at less expensive cars as this is a company car that will aquire a lot of miles. I got an 08 SE with Leather, moonroof that opens, Bose and sensory package for $25,300. This is a lot of car for that amount of money. Sticker was $33,600 plus the deal had on of those crappy $1,000 side stickers to make it $34,600. Big selling feature was that it takes regular or premium. I have put nothing but regular it and it is fine.
  • smiley10smiley10 Member Posts: 24
    what state did you get that great deal.

thanks
  • jeffc10jeffc10 Member Posts: 2
    I got it in GA (Gwinnett County). After shopping it was apparrent the dealers are getting extra back end $$ to move them out. If you can live with not having the latest model (09) I do not think you can buy more car at that amount. Interesting all the rebates negate any financing offer, but I got a 4.64% for 60 (I do have a 800+) but that says they did not put any uplift on the Cap One financing. Again moving them out. Lastly most of the dealers had only loaded SE's and SL's left, all the base SE's are long gone.
  • karmomkarmom Member Posts: 10
    When is the best time to start requesting quotes via email, if i'm trying to get an end of the month type deal?
    I would start trying it now. Let us know how you come out
    not bad verry good price on that 2008 nice good luck with it good not to be the first one with the new 2009 car. let them work out the bugs untill Next year you would love that car that mutch mor just my to sense thanks for reading Marco.
  • traindrivertraindriver Member Posts: 328
    CATDADDY25:
    Repost from 8/4/08:

How much was Dobbs' dealer fee? Are the posted prices legit? Any high pressure, hard sell on add ons, competitive financing, etc?
    Thanks.