Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Nissan Maxima Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• catdaddy25catdaddy25 Member Posts: 26
    Dobbs dealer fee was $479. I know I got took on that but I made up for it with the overall deal I got considering dealers were not wanting to come off of sticker. No high pressure at all. they have their prices advertised on website. check it out.
  • traindrivertraindriver Member Posts: 328
    Catdaddy,
    Still sounds like a good deal considering the market right now. I was afraid there might by a hefty doc fee considering the aggressive prices posted.

I will not be ready until about this time next year. I am sure by then there will be good deals most anywhere. While the price is good, adding $479 to a cheap airline ticket and the gas to get home to SC I imagine will get me right back up to the VPP Nissan supplier price that I could get at the dealer 2 miles away from home. Plus I can get an extended warranty directly from Nissan at cost if i want it.

Thanks for you info.
    I couldn't get a good deal where I live. I received $2500 more for my trade in there and the most I could get them off of MSRP was $2500 at only 1 dealership here in Texas. The rest of the dealers did not want to come off any. I felt like coming off $4000 was very good. They had about 20 on the lot to choose from.
    I think you made out like a bandit, especially since you were already in the area for other reasons. I will have to do the math when the time comes. It might not be worth it for me since it would be a special trip for that reason only.
    Have you checked out their website at dobbsnissan.com

All prices are listed on the internet
    Oh yes,
    You got me interested a few weeks ago when you advised us of your purchase. Dobbs does not publish what their doc fees are though. This was a red flag for me. A lot of places will advertise a low number and then later you will find out that this # doesn't include destination and/or a high doc fee which makes their real price much higher and no better than any other dealer.

This is why I was curious to hear the whole story from you. I would need to know the total picture so I could decide if buying from them or another low cost dealer is really worth the $ and hassle involved in buying far away from home.

I think my strategy will be to take Dobbs (and others) price to a few local dealers and see what happens. If they say heck no, I can always add the price of the plane ticket and fuel to drive home to my offer and see if that works. If they say heck no again, I have to decide to take a chance on Dobbs, Fitzmall, etc. or to accept the VPP supplier price which is:

"Dealer invoice
    Minus VPP discount (Nissan 2.87% : Infiniti 1.65%)
    Plus dealer added options, Security Plus, Infiniti Extended Protection Plan, etc.
    Plus 2.5% delivery fee of dealer invoice after VPP discount has been subtracted
    Plus destination and handling charge
    Minus applicable incentives
    Equals participant's purchase price"

Not a bad deal; gets close to invoice with no hassle. I will have to compare this to what Dobbs/Fitzmall/and others report on these forums as the months go by.

If I weren't locked in a lease for another year, I would probably be on my way to Memphis by now.

Thanks again.
  • go_mdx1go_mdx1 Member Posts: 135
    In mid-August, I purchased a 2009 Maxima w/Premium and the Technology Packages. In Central North Carolina, I was able to get $3700 off MSRP. Doc fee was $399. Nissan Apex dealer was also very nice to work with and came very close to this price - they just didn't have the specific color/options I was looking for.

If you can travel, best deals in the Eastern USA appear to be at Dobbs Nissan in Memphis. Even with a $700 shipping fee, you may come out ahead buying from these folks if you live in a big city where large discounts are still hard to find.
  • marcogallo1986marcogallo1986 Member Posts: 1,164
    not a bad price sounds like this dealer ship is grate what color did you end up getting exterior and interior color how do you like the car Thanks for rreading have a verry good day Marco.
  • go_mdx1go_mdx1 Member Posts: 135
    I've had the car 3 weeks now and still love it. I particularly like the car for its luxury features - more so than its sportiness. I plan to publish a review of the car in another week. I got Blue with Tan interior.
  • scott1305scott1305 Member Posts: 1
    Are any Dallas area dealerships offering any significant discounts off the MSRP of the 09 Maxima? If so, how much and for what model and package?
  • soplushsoplush Member Posts: 29
    I drive an 05 Max now...about to come off lease (4 mos).
    I'm torn between the Maxima and the C350 Benz sport for a few reasons.

1. They're Not Budging Off List.... here are the lease deals I was quoted for 39 mos 12K mi per year:

$1000 down, 747/mo
    2500 down, 699 mo
    5000 down, 643/mo (are u serious?)

2. The seats on the SV I test drove were very uncomfortable. Felt like I was sitting on a pull out couch bed. Surprising compared to my current max.

3. Price - At right around $41K, I'm wondering why I shouldn't look at a Benz or BMW with longer warranty.

Another question....can you ask for an internet quote after you've already been out to the dealership? Just curious if I'd get a better deal.

Appreciate any feedback you guys have. Thanks.
  • eights38eights38 Member Posts: 145
    soplush - The Maxima is a great car with a nice engine, but I would highly recommend the BMW.

I can't believe that they are not discounting the car. Where are you located?

Also, I would not submit an internet quote to the same dealership. I would receive internet quotes from other local dealers and base your decision on the numbers you receive as well as the perceived customer service.

Matt
    eights38@gmail.com
    eights38: I'm in North Carolina. I've owned BMers before, never the sedan. I'll go out on the site here and compare to the benz 350. Good idea on the quotes, will try it out.

I think its simply supply/demand on the pricing thing. Only had 7 in and several spoken for...
  • sergeymsergeym Member Posts: 283
    There are very good deals going on on E350 right now. If you are willing to spend $600-700s on a lease you can get a fully loaded E350 with AMG Sport package (MSRP $60K+) easily. I personally would rather get G35 for less than $500 per month.
    nice car light blue or dark how is the interior color good luck nissans are grate cars and last a verry long time thans marco.
  • vinny625vinny625 Member Posts: 1
    I am coming off a 06 Maxima lease and went today to possibly get the new 09's after seeing it in person and I fell in love. I went to staten island nissan in NYC and they wanted STICKER for the car.

Than they were offering me a DEMO with 3,000 miles on it just because it happened to be the same exact model I wanted. The best part was that he tried to tell me having 3k miles is still new, so I countered and said than why not just give me a car with no mileage, he was dumbfounded. The manager was no smarter as I wasn't budging a bit.

Sport package+Technology, I told them I was returning a lease early and I had already paid off the last two months, they did nothing for me. They said the best they could do was 2,500 down and 509 a month. As a returning customer that is a bit disrespectful, I don't really need the car seeing as how I still have 2 months left and I figured they would do something for me.

I immediately wanted to walk away and my final offer was 1,000 out of pocket and 475 a month and they said NO.

After reading about how many people are getting 3-4k below sticker and getting 450 a month leases on the same car I am seriously NEVER dealing with this dealership ever again. I quoted an 09 TL for 500 a month 1500 down, they tried to tell me the Maxima was more of a luxury car than an Acura and at these prices they aren't kidding. :mad:
  • sergeymsergeym Member Posts: 283
    Why not 2008 G35? A little bit smaller but otherwise better car or wait for 2009 G37 sedan coming soon?
    Vinny625 see my post #585 if it is any consolation to you. I got the same treatment here. The dealers are acting like they did when the new 350Z roadsters came out.
    it is all dealer games I dont waste my time I just tell them I will go to a nother Nissan dealer and get a grate price then walk away. they then run after you and drop the price $500 and I still walk vinny go to copal Nissan in Jakson Hights queans. or look at a few mor dealers as whell around your aria. this dealer in statandisland is bad news. thanks for reading Hope I was able to help you out have a verry good day thanks Marco.
    hey vinny did you everbye a 2009 max keep us updated on whats going on thanks for reading Marco have a verry good day
  • mchspd1mchspd1 Member Posts: 11
    Looking in Houston for a 09 Maxima SV with Sport Pkg, Summer Tires. Got an offer for one in New Orleans for $4085 off sticker! Waiting to find out if it is demo. Whats the going discounts now? Is the Navi worth it? or is it too outdated? I am thinking $3800 off of sticker would be a good enough to bite. What do you all think? Thanks for the feedback.
  • mchspd1mchspd1 Member Posts: 11
    Just got the hook on the $4085 off MSRP...the "window etching" costs $495 on the backside of the deal. No thanks. Down in Houston you can easily go to invoice on these cars. Dealers have stock. Now the story is how low will they go?
  • mattsammattsam Member Posts: 25
    What dealer in NO is this
    Matt
    nice chunk off the price of that car keep us updated on if it is a demmo or a brand new one it is a grate car and nissan makes grate cars. thanks for reading my posting and have a verry good day Marco
  • fdcarguyfdcarguy Member Posts: 4
    2009 MAX SV Premium Package Glick Nissan in Westboro, MA
    37005 MSRP
    32675 (IIRC) Selling Price
    39 Months
    586 OOP
    468 P/M including Tx
    Can I do better?
  • zman16zman16 Member Posts: 19
    What does (IIRC) mean?

The money factor being offered by Nissan is very high. I have been shopping around in the central mass area and am hoping that Nissan reduces the MF to make leasing more attractive.

That looks like a great selling price as it is over 1,000 under invoice and the 586 does not completely cover the typical acq. and doc fees.
    Could you add more details on what MF and residual they are giving you?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    If
    I
    Recall
    Correctly

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

off the top of my head i think the residual was 57 of 58 percent and the MF was .000270

I dont have the deal sheet only the paper with the up front of 586 and the payment of 468.50 and the term of 39 months.

For comparison the other dealer i called came in with 480 with similar up front fees.
    Less than 600 OOP Same exact car. They have told me that they will match the lower price only if I give them a deposit...shady.
    Pulled the trigger.
    It's in my garage.
    It is hotness.
    In Central MA? Glick Nissan all the way.
    nice congrads on the new 2009 Max. so what color is your car and what color is the interior of your max nice car so you got every option nice man might have to take a ride and get a max there haha lol good luck with it nissan makes grate cars you will love it thanks for reading have a verry grate day marco.
  • 09maxdarkslate09maxdarkslate Member Posts: 2
    Just purchased my Maxima yesterday. Base model with floor & trunk mats. $26,299 + tax & docs = $28,7XX OTD. I live in San Mateo County with a tax rate of 8.25%. I didn't purchase an extended warranty or any other back end offers, but the dealership did offer my first oil change for free.
  • 313313 Member Posts: 7
    Hi Sir,

What's kind of option you have? Does this pricing include blue-tooth and NV? I am in SF bay area either and think about to buy either Acura TL or Nissan Maxima under 30K as outdoor pricing. Thanks.
  • zman16zman16 Member Posts: 19
    You can't get navigation on the S model. You need to buy an SV and then it can be purchased as an option.
  • 09maxdarkslate09maxdarkslate Member Posts: 2
    Just like zman16 stated, you'll need to look at the SV trim levels to get either bluetooth and/or nav. I don't think you'll be able to get either a TL or Maxima with those options for under 30K out the door....more power to you if you can.
  • amoviefan1amoviefan1 Member Posts: 24
    What kind of deal is a good one for a 2009 Maxima SV with Prem. and NAVI (sticker price is about $38,500)? I want an idea of a good price withOUT tax, title and license. I don't want a sport package. Thanks.
    to answer your questian for the pricing on a sv max I would say around $35000 with rebates and everything said and done that might be a bit lo but who nos nissan makes grate cars pleas keep us updated on what you do thanks for reading marco
  • cpabuckcpabuck Member Posts: 8
    With so little incentives out there, is anybody buying the Maxima or are people waiting for the incentives to get better? If somebody reading this has purchased one recently, what was the out the door purchase price?
    Thanks,
  • whit5whit5 Member Posts: 65
    hi,
    im in ma also looking for maxima , how much did you pay?
    thanks
  • canuckinusacanuckinusa Member Posts: 1
    Just got a quote for OTD price of $38,200 for a fully loaded SV with Premium and Tech package here in the Southwest. MSRP is $39,205. what do u think?
    personally that is a high quote. i got an offer on the east coast for msrp $37.5k, quote $33k without any negotiating
  • kingpcgeekkingpcgeek Member Posts: 1,051
    OTD is a worthless number for comparison sake since every state, city , etc will have a different OTD number
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • mukes1mukes1 Member Posts: 1
    I bought a Nissan Maxima SV with Bluetooth for $31k out the door. I bought from Capitol City Nissan in Atlanta, GA.
  • petenhpetenh Member Posts: 2
    My wife and I are in the process of shopping for a new Maximum when one of the dealerships we are working with contacted us today and informed us that they are selling a ’09 Maxima SV w/sport tech package for $29,900 (original MSRP of $37,585) for a customer who does not want the vehicle anymore. The vehicle has around 3,500 miles, and at the time of purchase the current owner purchased all of the extras sold by the F&I guy. In addition the car comes with the set of original tires, plus a set of Bridgestone Blizzacks. Does anyone see anything negative in this potential buy? My only concern is that the owner had a professional install one of those plastic shields covers over the front end of the car. Would that void the warranty or ruin the clear coat? Thanks for the advice. :)
    that will not void your warranty...be happy a customer did that. it also means he/she was taking car of that car and protecting it from rock chips...
  • lpsshopperlpsshopper Member Posts: 8
    I'm kind of surprised to see people suggesting that $3k off is a good deal in this economy. Deals can be found easily on-line for considerably less than invoice especially on the more highly packaged Maximas. I've been looking for about the past month, and here's what I concluded. Given the abysmal economy; the glut of leftover 08's from many competitors (Acura TL, Infiniti G35, etc.); and the high price for a non-luxury label, the high-end Maximas are selling for a solid 2K below invoice already in my part of the country - DC / the mid-atlantic region. Dealers who ordered highly equipped models are trying to dump them. (BTW, I am merely debating between an 09 Maxima and an 08 G35x, and the leftover G is cheaper.) Dealers are showing those kinds of discounts on-line as their internet prices with no negotiation needed. I am seeing loaded SV models with MSRPs of $37K and $38K listed for $31-32K. Modestly equipped Maximas are listed for invoice or about $1K below invoice. Do a wide search on-line, negotiate over the phone, and then buy a plane ticket if you want to save an extra $3K.
  • jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    Great advice no matter what vehicle you're shopping for. People feel they are restricted to buying locally. A poster on the murano thread who lived in the northeast flew into st. louis and drove it back home and saved $2500 including airfare, gas, lodging.
  • jpdinojpdino Member Posts: 1
    Hey,
    New to the post, but wanted to contribute as I have used this sight numerous times. I just purchased Black on Black, SV Tech and Sport, $34,717 out the door. I am in CT so that includes Tax of 6%. and title reg fees of Approx $145. I hope this helps.
    pulled the trigger on a Maxima sv sport with tech package. msrp $38455. negotiated down to $32400..great deal... Glick Nissan of Westboro. great guys to deal with..
  • nissanou812nissanou812 Member Posts: 5
    well i have an option between a Maxima SV bluetooth, Nav, moonroof, harddrive, ipod dock, nearly all options the MSRP 38300 dealer finally down to 33999. the biggest issue is financing and then gas mileage. I had issues with incorrect mileage on my loaded altima and could only get 26mpg no matter how I drove with blended but mostly highway. The trip would show 28 or 29 but would only be 26. I am worried I will get the same w/ the maxima. Financing they still have nothing can get 4.9 but Hyundai is offering the Genesis at 2.9 it just cost 3k more for similar package. I am open for advice. signed tired of car shopping.
  • jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    When you spend 35k on a loaded car, mpg should be very low on your concern list. You could buy a loaded chevy malibu LTZ for 8-10k less and have a nice ride and save enough to pay for gas for many years. The deals on hybrids a amazing now. They almost make sense to buy if mpg is an obsession. You did well to average 26mpg on your altima -- very well. The maxima will not do any better.