Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Nissan Maxima Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• kpandyakpandya Member Posts: 19
    thanks for the reply guys,

kydfx - it is copied from the ad that was posted on nissan usa - cpo search results.
    thanks shamcy for letting me know :surprise: , I am interested in this car, after looking at the photos. However the dealer is abt 50 miles from me, so I am planning to pay them a visit.
    I will update the details of the car if I go visit them.

Thanks for the info guys
  • kpandyakpandya Member Posts: 19
    one more question though, what are the average prices paid for a 2009 cpo maxima with Nav.... any idea??
  • edcrewguyedcrewguy Member Posts: 5
    I got mine from Smithtown Nissan (that's Long Island, NY) and had a very smooth experience. I leased a 2011 Maxima 3.5 SV with monitor package, spoiler, and cold package in October 2010. I had 5 remaining lease payments on my old Nissan. I put $0 down and payments are $365/month (39 months). Dealer also threw in free oil changes for the first 30,000 miles of the car after I asked for it.
    I'm very happy with the deal.
  • nychrisinaznychrisinaz Member Posts: 1
    Wow! That's a smokin deal. I am from LI and know of Smithtown Nissan but have been in AZ for the past 5 years. I am currently in the market for a 2011 Maxima (coming off lease on a Pathfinder with 4 payments left) and am getting pricing upwards of $500/mo and it's killing me. Was your deal a special the dealership was running? Any advice is greatly appreciated, I am at a loss. If not for the mileage, at that rate I would just fly in, pick it up there and then drive it back!
  • foldog22foldog22 Member Posts: 1
    Ok, so this is my first lease and I don't know a lot about them. Here is my deal. I got a 2011 Nissan Maxima Premium w/ Premium Tech package, Rear Spoiler & Floor Mats. MSRP $40,080. I leased this vehicle for 39 months w/ 22,000 miles per year (yes 22,000 miles per year). My monthly payment is $510.00 per month. I did get $1,000 trade in credit. I feel like this is a great deal as I didn't even think about leasing because I didn't realize they offered that high of leases and didn't know that it would be affordable.
  • rad484rad484 Member Posts: 22
    That is an awesome deal! I'm trying to pick one up this weekend. I might just have to make the trip out there... Can you tell me who you worked with in Smithtown? Also is that payment including tax?

Thanks!
  • skooba83skooba83 Member Posts: 1
    I was quoted $33,060 + TTL. For a 2011 Maxima SV w/ Premium Package + Tech Package. It's my choice of color, and allows me to use my own financing (2.9% through CU). I'm in FL, and need a new tag on this car, so my OTD price is $35,830. Is this the going rate now? Or should I negotiate for a lower price?

I really don't care if I have the Tech Package or not. I understand it costs more, so if I feel like I'm getting a good price, I'll pay for it.
  • waynejswaynejs Member Posts: 5
    Hey guys,

I just purchased a new 2010 Maxima SV Premium Package in dark slate with rear spoiler, splash guards, floor & trunk mats, and trunk sub floor organizer for $30K + $190 doc fee + TTL with 2.99% APR for 60 months with $7K down. Here is the breakdown:

$38,250 MSRP
    $34,814 Invoice

$33,000 Sale Price
    -$2,500 customer incentive (in lieu of 0% APR for 60 months)
    -$500 bonus customer incentive
    +$190 doc fee
    +$1,660 taxes
    +$10 license

$31,860 OTD.

I live in Wisconsin and looked up dealer inventory for 2010 Maximas for dealers around the midwest (Wisconsin, Illinois, Minnesota, and Iowa). I e-mailed about 8 dealers last week and got prices. I was able to negotiate this price based on this thread and prices at cars overstock. It seems like prices aren't as competitive in the Midwest as it is at a place like Northern Virginia, so I feel like I got a fair deal.

I love the car so far!
  • fkhanfkhan Member Posts: 6
    Which dealership did you purchase from?
  • waynejswaynejs Member Posts: 5
    I got it at Fox Nissan in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Had a great and painless experience with them since I negotiated the price over email. They didn't try to sell me on anything additional except for the extended warranty and didn't add on any hidden fees.
  • saratoga3saratoga3 Member Posts: 16
    hi group
    I was hoping we could here about some of the prices that you paid on your Max over the Pres day weekend.
    Thanks in advance!
  • steevosteevo Member Posts: 389
    edited February 2011
    Presidents day in the snow. Thanks to lease loyalty cash and pull ahead, I gave back my Altima 6 months early, and am in a loaded Maxima SV for 379 a month with tax and fees rolled in. 15000 miles per. Thats an SV with all the goodies, MSRP 40110.
  • uga91uga91 Member Posts: 1,065
    With a sticker of about $31k, I paid about $26.5k on 1-29-11. I took the 0% APR through NMAC instead of all the rebates, so that's why my selling price wasn't as low as some deals you may have seen advertised.
  • rynick2rynick2 Member Posts: 9
    Any money out of pocket?
  • tz42tz42 Member Posts: 1
    A local dealer has a leftover 2010 maxima sv. the sticker is $34,600 on it. what kind of offer would be realistic for a new 2010.
  • ahashmiahashmi Member Posts: 141
    26k, 27-28k u can get a 2011 model, so at least 26k, maybe fees rolled in.
  • ahashmiahashmi Member Posts: 141
    I leased my 2011 Nissan Maxima for those looking to compare. I got it end of May 2011, here's the details:

2011 Nissan Maxima SV Sport with Monitor Package
    MSRP: $38030
    Term: 39 months
    Mi/yr: 12,000
    Due @ Signing:$2000
    Monthly Payments: $300.88

If I had gotten it this month, it would have been $297/mo but oh well
  • smiley10smiley10 Member Posts: 24
    Could you explain how you performed that search (url link). thanks
  • mook12mook12 Member Posts: 61
    Wow, I got the same vehicle for $327 monthly but with $700 out of pocket. Either way I think it works out similar cause for every grand out of pocket is about equal to $30 more monthly. This is the best I have seen these deals. Good luck with yours.
  • max_ownermax_owner Member Posts: 2
    if you look around and wait, you'll find great deals out there.. i just purchased the 2011 Nissan Maxima SV with Tech AND Premium packages, including spoiler. $39910 is MSRP and price sold is $30285 plus additional funds on the trade in.

This is a very fun car to drive and glad I purchased up from the Ford Fusion.

I love the extra power, cooling seats and sound system...
  • poodog13poodog13 Member Posts: 320
    i just purchased the 2011 Nissan Maxima SV with Tech AND Premium packages, including spoiler. $39910 is MSRP and price sold is $30285 plus additional funds on the trade in.

What area / dealer?
  • max_ownermax_owner Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2011
    small town east of columbus, ohio .. they had one car at that price.. was on their lot for quite some time.. i think they were wanting to get rid of it
  • icemakericemaker Member Posts: 1
    i agree to wow. i just leased a fully loaded 2011 nissan maxima yesterday. MSRP was 41K and change.
    i put 4K down, and my monthly payment is 370/month.

My good friend works at the nissan dealership and gave me this deal. did i get ripped off/did i do something wrong?

3 years ago, i leased a 2009 altima. base model. 22K msrp, with 260/month.

i figured i'm getting twice the value of the car, for only 110 dollars more a month.

i'm confused now.

does it make a difference if i'm from the chicago land area?
  • ziyuluziyulu Member Posts: 58
    Last month, I purchase a 2011 Nissan Maxima S for $24,600 in Austin, TX. How did I do? The MSRP was around $33,000.
  • simmersimmer Member Posts: 10
    Hi, I started a search for a new ish Maxima at 2009, then decided the carbon fiber looked pretty lame and came over to the SV model with Premium package. From there I moved onto the 2010 because I liked the Crimson Black color, (still not set on color, but today its 2010 or bite the bullet and go 2011 used. I've got a pretty had line at under 30K. The 2010 with Prem + nav are hovering around 27 to 28K asking price. The base 2011's with low miles can be had for close to 27 (28, 29K) so I decided to look at possible 2011's. I think I can be happy with the Technology package with nav, think this gets me in my ball park price wise. Today a dealer presented (in an email) a 2011 with 16K miles on it, Technology package with Nav for 30,852. Were pretty close to each other now. I would "think" that I could get this for 29999 or 30K just not sure I want to even go that high as sales tax will kill me. Massachusetts, Sales tax is going to be $1950.00 I think for 28K I would sign on this one.
    Is it unrealistic to think I can get this car for such a good price? I am not in any rush to buy, only started research and driving around to dealers about a month ago. Been a real eye opening experience. Maybe I have to take a 2010 similarly setup with over 30K miles to make my numbers, or save up an extra 2 K to cover the sales tax. Was hoping a dealer would want to sell bad enough he might split the sales tax (offer me an extra 1K off) so I could afford the 2011. What's your take ? (I almost wish I had not seen a new Maxima on my trip up from Florida in July. Those tail lights got me. ;) Now I want one pretty badly, and I don't need a car. Its just I have a 2003 Pathfinder in mint shape, to pull my boat, and I am tried of driving a truck daily. Spoiled I know, but I know what I like. Maxima fits the bill perfectly for me. Its not the 440 a month payment, its really the 2K sales tax that has the brakes on for this deal.
  • mannygomannygo Member Posts: 9
    I am getting basic 2011 Nissan Maxima SV with MSRP = 35960.

They are giving me 8500 off the MSRP. Is that a good deal ?
    I dont know manny. I would think a 2011 (NEW zero miles) should be somewhere under 35K. Book on a loaded Max 2011 (and I would guess its loaded eg: premium package) is about 41K. 8500 off of 41K is 32.5K. Dont forget there is a 2500 dealer incentive I think on the 2011's These are really last years models. If you could wait until January, Ill bet you can get an even better price. They need to move the 2011's out to make room for the 2012's
  • jeffb12jeffb12 Member Posts: 2
    ZIYULU - That is a great price! I live in Austin, TX and am currently looking to buy a 2011 model S. The best price in Austin I have been able to negotiate was $25,672. Could you tell me where you purchased?
    Well I pulled the trigger about two weeks ago. I bought my 2009 Dark Grey SV with Premium (and Tech I think cause of the 9 gig HD) with 38K miles on it for 24K even. Much as I loved the Crimson black, It just narrowed my choices down too much. I was so close to driving 300 miles to find "my color" it just was a risky idea. Turned out where I bought was in NH and only 45 minutes from my mechanic. Got this car on the lift before I purchased, made a low offer (22.5 and stopped at 23.5) dealer was stuck on 24K. I figured I should not lose this car over 500 dollars, so I negotiated on having some things fixed on the car before purchase.
    (new battery, pop out a bump in the rear bumper (was not even see until I placed this car on the lift. What I learned from this is I will never buy a car without my mechanic taking it up and looking over it. This gave me some confidence in what the story was on this car and helped me to maintain a pretty low price offer. Was not emtionally attached to this car that I couldnt back out if they didnt meet my demands. Really was maybe 800 dollars of work on thier part--- at least 500. Hated paying thier "Doc Fee!" but really there again , not about to lose a deal over that (399.)
    I think it was a fair to good price on this car. It is pristine and everything works. LOVE all the bells and whistles on the Premium package. Bought my first apple product to use the Ipod input. Sold on how this all works. So glad I did not compromise on the NAV as well. Awesome ride! the Dark gray metalic is a sleeper color too. Inconspicious, businessman looking outside but luxurious inside.
    I purchased my car from Round Rock Nissan. I chose to register it out of state so there was no documentation fee.
  • cancun1cancun1 Member Posts: 112
    I live in Reading PA and I am willing to drive up to 100 miles (this would include NY, MD, NJ and VA). I am looking for the lowest price on Maxim S with carpets, splash guard and trunk mat. MSRP about 33,000. Has anyone bought such a car and for how much.

Thanks
  • rosunnyrosunny Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2011
    I am looking at some 2011 SV with premium and tech. I may sound aggressive but this is what i saw online. Truecar shows MSRP as 40,360.00. The dealer invoice is 36,977.00. After the holdback the dealer cost is 35,896.00. If I take 3000 rabate and 2500 dealer incentive plus 500 nissan finance offer, it takes 6500 off the 35896. So the prices point came to:

35896 - 3000 - 3000 - 500 = 29396.

Which is a great number. Am I being realistic or this is not correct.
    Please let me have your valuable inputs. As I am not sure if I should go negotiate around 30k number or wait till jan 2012. Also I am trading in 2011 Accord EXL with 140k miles which should give me about 3k break if not more.
    Thank u in advance.
  • minghiminghi Member Posts: 24
    trading in a 2011 with 140k miles????? wow.

also, i think your numbers should be 35896 - 3000 - 2500 - 500 = 29896. I'm waiting for tomorrow to find out the 2011 incentives for this month. Hoping they will increase it to 4000 or better. My local nissan dealer has many many 2011s on their lot.
  • minghiminghi Member Posts: 24
    2011 Maxima: $2500 cashback remains the same until January 31, 2012
    0.0% APR financing for up to 60 months or 1.9% APR financing for up to 72 months PLUS $500 NMAC cash for well qualified buyers* OR $2,500 cash back**
  • tga01tga01 Member Posts: 69
    Does anyone know what the finance rate for 60 months would be if you take the 2,500 cash instead of the 0% apr financing.

thanks
  • tga01tga01 Member Posts: 69
    Carman,

When you get a chance, can you please post the January 2012 Lease rates/residuals for both 2011 and 2012 Maxima for 24 months with 15k miles.

thank you so much !!
  • preppyladynjpreppyladynj Member Posts: 14
    Does anyone know what the current incentives for the 2011 Maxima are for a purchase not a lease? I am having a hard time finding them online. Approximately how much off of MSRP are the dealers letting them go for?

Thanks.
    :)
  • skipdaddieskipdaddie Member Posts: 2
    What would be a good price to pay for a new 2011 Maxima SV with an MSRP of $37,825?
  • mtpetemtpete Member Posts: 9
    Purchased new this week.

Sticker - $34k.

Paid - $29k.

I was happy with that.
  • mtpetemtpete Member Posts: 9
    My local dealer cleared out their last two '11's for about $8k off of sticker.

Offer them 30 flat and see what happens.
  • droptopsolaradroptopsolara Member Posts: 21
    I live in the Hartford CT area and looking to get best out the door price on a 2011 Maxima SV with Tech, Premium, mats and splash guards - MSRP is typically just over 40,000

Can anyone direct me to a dealer where they had a good experience and great deal - can drive 50-75 miles out. Further for a great deal

Seems like there are still a fair number of 2011's still out there
    Thanks, Bob
    I would offer $32,000 and see what happens.
    http://autos.aol.com/cars-Nissan-Maxima-2011/incentives/

yes start no higher than 32 and be very firm. The dealers may want the most they can get, but come the end of the month :) They may well take 32K I looked for about 4 months DAILY

I opted to be a Max (2009) last fall, wanted a 2010 but was unable to find exactly what I wanted with options. I spent 24 even, but got my second choice color and all the options you could posibly get. Now Ive owned it for about 6 months I would say, get the SV, get the Tech and Nav packages.
    The hands free Nav (and phone) is worth the money.
    Only $24,000 for a Maxima? Which dealer?
    dont get too excited, it IS a 2009 model, but its fully loaded, 38K miles when I bought it. Good price, not great price.

Manchester NH Team Nissan.
    In that case, I think I did good by getting one for $24,600 brand new.
    Hi, I am in CT and I recently test drove a few SV's and not finding exactly the color combination I was looking for in a 2011.

What I am finding is for a 2012 SV Prem and Tech, Mats, splash guards, etc with an MSRP of 41500, with rebates, and financing through Nissan (there's a 500 rebate for that) best price I am seeing is 34,400 before tax, title, doc.

For a 2011 SV with premium, tech, splash guards and mats with an MSRP of 40,735 the best price with rebates and financing thru Nissan is 32600.

I did find a 2011 SV with Premium,mats, splash guards, and the dealer would put in the NAV (making it equiv to tech pkg with a best price of 31,000.

I am ready, willing and able to buy today or tomorrow prior to rebates but dealers continue to play the usual games.

The questions I have are:

Thoughts on the deals above and if I can do better?

-Shouldn't the 2011's be priced better? (although new, they are 2 years old and the real value seems a few thousand less than the best deal I can find - I would think they would be really dealing on these since the 2013's will soon be on the doorstep)

-If I locate a 2011 in a color combination I can live with with premium package - any issues if the dealer adds Nav vs. finding one with factory installed tech package.)

- I can wait another month and I would think the rebates will be the same or better next month, anyone have a sense of offers for next month.
    Thanks,
  • genie2012genie2012 Member Posts: 2
    Yes that sounds good. Dealers in the NJ area are offering for around 6-7 under the MSRP. Can you please confirm the dealer and the model/optoins for your 24600 purchase?
    I purchased it back in 2011 in Austin, TX at Round Rock Nissan. It was the lower end S model. The only additional options were window tint and mud guards.
    I purchased a new 2011 SV with prem and tech, mats and splash guards for 29500 + doc fee
    msrp was about 39,725 crimson black

some other SV's I looked at had MSRP's that were about 350 to 400 higher since they had the spoiler.

I'll pick up the car this weekend

Also for those looking for demo's, I saw but did not lock quickly enough, an SV demo with prem, tech MSRP of about 40110 had approx. 6K miles for 27,700.
    Most dealers do not price the demo's realistically in my opinion

there are still some 2011's out there, but color choices are limited.