Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• cutetotoro79cutetotoro79 Member Posts: 3
    Russell and Smith off 610. Ping me at cute_totoro79@yahoo.com and I'll give you the salesperson's name and some other info.
  • tripigtripig Member Posts: 3
    Can you please provide dealership name.

Thanks
  • m35obsessedm35obsessed Member Posts: 9
    I live in close to Houston, Texas. I'm looking for Touring with Pax. So far, the best OTD qoute I received was $36,700 (this includes tinting, splash guards, cargo tray, lifetime oil changes, windshield replacement (for 3 times)..is this a good deal? I've been reading this forum...and I was hoping for about $34-$35K OTD. Am I asking for the impossible? Thanks!
  • surabhisurabhi Member Posts: 1
    Hi I got quote for EX-L at Honda of Joliet, IL for $29,982 OTD. It has no RES and no Nav.

Sale price- $27,541.89
    Doc Fee- $150.00
    CVR Fee- $25.00
    7.0% sales tax- $2,115.18
    Joliet vehicle tax- $7.50
    New Plates- $143.00
    ------------------------------------
    $29,982.57 - Total out the door price

Is it a good price? any thoughts?
  • tonyl1tonyl1 Member Posts: 53
    Glad to...It is Honda on Grand. Best of luck!
  • vee927vee927 Member Posts: 11
    are there any good honda Dealers in North Jersey.
    getting tierd of this crazy prices they offer. :confuse:
    i am reading all the priced and i am not gettting any where close to it.
    they just look @ me like i have 4 head. :surprise:
    best so far is $29,900 out the door for EX-L no dvd or navi

help me out

Thank you
  • dsylvia75dsylvia75 Member Posts: 4
    wenhg,
    Could you tell me the dealer and/or show me how you found that online price?
  • gilvergilver Member Posts: 5
    I just got one in houston area 09' odyssey touring no pax, OTD for 36,800 same features but they threw in the cross bars. so I got it. But it never hurts to try those price you quoted.
  • langellangel Member Posts: 5
    The incentives for other Handa cars have been posted, don't see Odyssey's. No incentive in April?
  • tripigtripig Member Posts: 3
    I spoke to a dealer in Illinois today and was told the 2500 is still in effect, along with the 2.9/3.9 financing. This will be my thrid Odyssey and I can't believe these prices and financing deals!
  • cmeklacmekla Member Posts: 2
    They are always expensive when compare to any dealers in chicago area. They are dont care! My research show that no matter what you buy from them odyssey, pilot etc...you can get better price somewhere else by margin of $500-1000 less.
    So dont waste your time there.
  • cmeklacmekla Member Posts: 2
    Hi All Chicago folks,
    I am planning to buy EX-L No DVD and No Navi. I have been doing research for a while and found that no matter what type of incentive or promo in the market, I am getting quite the same selling price in the chicago area (Except valley honda, which is always higher :mad: ).
    So, help me, If any one out there got better than $27000.00 (selling price, destination included), please let me know the dealer and sales person. So far I received $27175 selling price. Is this the best out there?
    Appreciated!
  • rim936rim936 Member Posts: 3
    Is Honda combining the 2500 incentive with the 2.9% financing?
  • triathlonjtriathlonj Member Posts: 25
    Thanks for the info Cutetotoro79. After reading your deal, I swung by Russell and Smith after work and made a deal on an EX-L. I drove it home tonight but need to go back to the store with my wife tomorrow to finalize all the paperwork. It took me 30 minutes to have the internet salesman evaluate my trade-in, and I ended up getting a deal that was about $750 less than the best offer I received from 4 other dealerships in town that I had shopped prior to this.

With it including the trade-in, the pricing "deal" I got is very subjective (rob peter to pay paul effect), but basically it extrapolates to $27,870 + TT&L for a presumptive drive-out of $29,862 OTD without the trade-in. Granted, this is not as awesome of a deal as seen elsewhere on the forum, but again, there was a trade-in involved which makes it hard to compare apples to apples.

Bottom line though is that Russell and Smith's pricing seems to be the most competitive I have seen of the Honda dealers on the West side of Houston.

Thanks again for the post!
  • vamcvamc Member Posts: 5
    Hi,

Can you let me know the best price provided to you for an '09 Odessey (EX model)? I am looking to buy one ASAP.

Also, any contact information of the sales person will be greatly appreciated.
    I did not really price out the EX at the dealerships - we were mainly looking at the EX-L and EX-L+RES

I can't specify a sales person due to forum rules, but I ended up getting my best deal at Russell and Smith Honda on the South side of 610.

Based off of the forums, it looks like you "win" when you are sitting $3,500 to $4,000 below invoice before TT&L is added on (6.25% + $250 in Texas)

Unfortunately (based on my recent shopping experience in town) the Houston dealers don't appear to be quite that desperate yet. If you take invoice (from edmunds TMV pricing), & subtract $2,500 dealer cash, anything you get below that seems to be getting a "good deal" in the Houston Area.

If you are not trading in anything, it really simplifies the shopping process, and you may be able to pull off a better deal over-all by soliciting bids from dealerships far and wide.

My 2 cents.
    I agree...after getting quotes by all the dealership in Houston and Austin, I don't think they are that desperate. Honda of Katy first quoted me the MSRP! I laughed and asked them if they thought I was stupid. Their replied, they only had 2 whites...so right away, I knew that they weren't desperate. So, I think I will wait and see what will happen.
    Thanks for the information. I got email quotes for around 24,000 for EX model. I will see if I can lower it a bit when I meet them in next few days.
  • fmichaelfmichael Member Posts: 95
    Nice work ;)

So tell me - did ya get an internet price 1st, or did ya go in the dealership, and negotiate with a salesperson?

I've gotten a quote for an EX $24,237 that's good until April 30th...It's a pretty good deal, but I'm wondering if I should offer less?
    Thanks for the information. I got email quotes for around 24,000 for EX model. I will see if I can lower it a bit when I meet them in next few days

I'm wondering if I should try the "playing hard to get" approach with the quotes I've gotten from the internet...Having the sales staff believe that I'd prefer to wait until September/October (which to a certain extent is true), BUT - I'll buy today @ "X" price.

Just not overly fond of negotiating.
    It never hurts to play hard to get. Just straight out tell them..."I would like to buy the minivan, however, only if it's an awesome deal. I'm not in a rush and willing to wait". Houston is not offering awesome deals that I have read on forums. I told them I will buy one today at $34K OTD for the touring, no PAX. No takers yet.
  • cutetotoro79cutetotoro79 Member Posts: 3
    Awesome! We gave our salesmen a pretty hard time and made him wait awhile before making our final decision. His sales manager and him never budged on price and since it was the lowest in the Houston area, I figured it was a fair deal. I visited almost all the Honda dealerships in Houston and Russell&Smiith gave me the best price. Good luck with your new vehicle- we are falling in love with ours more and more each day.
    I hear ya - that's how I prefer to negotiate; make them feel I'm looking, but not just yet ready unless a great deal is available.

With Honda cutting production starting May 1st - will the numbers of Oddy's be reduced considerably this summer? Right now just may be a really good time to buy.
    I just got the internet prices today. I am yet to go and do inperson negotiations. I think if I am agressive I can get another few hundred dollars off.
  • new_beenew_bee Member Posts: 6
    Hi all

Pls help desperately

I want to know what is the best deal I can get on Honda Odyssey EX

So far I got 24378 + ttl

any one can help with better price?

tks

New Bee
    :cry:
  • dbtdbt Member Posts: 298
    Gunn Honda in San Antonio seems to have very good pricing. You might want to check the forums at the Temple of Vtec (www.vtec.net). There is someone there that has always given me good information.
    Sounds about right. Honda of Katy was my first stop, and they love to play their games and posture for a stronger negotiating position. They also seem to have an official policy of hog-tying you in their showroom for hours and hours as they make their SLOW & relatively weak offers. Of the 6 dealerships I dealt with, Russell and Smith was the best experience, Sterling McCall, Gillman, Goodson fell in the middle and Honda of Katy was by far the worst sales experience. I contacted David McDavid, and the online salesman approached things a bit too much like Honda of Katy style of "salesmanship," so I didn't bother stopping by. In Honda of Katy's defense, I heard they were a good dealership to shop at when they first opened, but apparently a new sales manager took charge, bringing in a lot of his salesmen and tactics from his previous city. Things apparently went downhill after that.

I recommend trying a few other dealerships around Houston before giving up. While I don't think you will get the $4,000 below invoice pricing found in other cities like Boston, I think $3,000 below invoice may be within your reach if you play your cards right.
    I'd offer $24,000 thru their website, & see what their response is...Stay firm on your offer...Me thinks they'll accept it, & IMO it's a good deal.
    You're very right about Honda Of Katy. I was already irrated with them that they refused to give me a quote via phone or email. You had to come in and waste hours there before pricing is even discussed. Plus, my sales person didn't know anything about the Odyssey. She asked me what I wanted, I told her, I'm looking for a white Touring, without Pax. She then asked me what options I wanted in the Touring...nav/dvd..etc. I told her, the Touring comes with all of that, I just have to pick a color. She didn't believe me, so I spend 5 minutes debating with her! How frustrating! I had a trade in (or just curious on what they appraised my car for), and when I wasn't happy with the OTD price, and wanted my car key back, they won't give it back to me! I had to wait for like 45 minutes and speak to the sales director then an assistant manager. I told them, just give me back my car keys, I'm not motivated by their pricing. So, beware...if you're planning to come to Katy of Honda, make sure you have lots of patience and hours to kill.

You're right, by far, Russell and Smith given me the best quote.
  • jamilstlouisjamilstlouis Member Posts: 5
    Anyone looking for or having recently bought an Oddy touring w/o Pax 2009 in St Louis? What kind of price did you pay? Please help.
  • royalvballroyalvball Member Posts: 4
    I did this all by email. I went in to test drive at the nearest dealership, but there are about 8 dealers in the indianapolis area so I started emailing with one and went around the horn seeing if they would beat the best deal. At about 3pm I was at 26,150 otd and was happy with that since my sales tax here is 7%, 26k out the door was dipping into the dealer holdback about $400 out of the $900 for the EX. I emailed the other dealer that was pressing for my business that I was done because I was close to what I wanted. They came back with 26k otd. I emailed that for $150 I am sticking with the dealer that I "verbally committed" to since they were the first to be even close to 26k (others were around 26.8k). They then came back with 25.5k. I emailed the dealer I verbally said yes to and said that another dealer had come $650 under theirs. I was going to stay with them for $150, but $650 difference is big, would they be willing to match. They did and the deal was final at that point. All of this was done via emails. Hope that helps.

It seems dealers bottom price is

26,601 invoice
    +670 destination
    = 24,771 (dealer invoice - 2500 dealer cash)
    anything less than this is dipping into dealer holdback (~$900 for EX according to some sites). I got it down to
    $23,800 or so which is less than if you take away dealer holdback. So I think anything less than 24.7k is doing well.

24.2 I would probably jump at unless it is at the end of the month and they need to move some inventory, you might be able to scrape another 100-300 off.
  • jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    What was your msrp?
  • dandydoniidandydonii Member Posts: 45
    The EXL you got for 27,800.00, did that have RES/NAV or not?
  • spdnyspdny Member Posts: 4
    Anyone have any pricing or thoughts for what pricing might be for an EX in the Western New York area (Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse). Rochester being the preferred location.

I want to start making offers this month once I sell the 2004 Ody. I would like to look somewhat intelligent by offering a reasonable bid for this area as it may very by region.

Any thoughts or suggestions for this area are much appreciated.
  • jam3sterjam3ster Member Posts: 1
    I just got a quote for $31,500 for a 2009 Odyssey with RES & Navi. The OTD price is $34,028. Wondering if this is a good deal to go ahead and buy yet.
  • mentatmentat Member Posts: 4
    Bought at Buena Park Honda (near Knotts Berry Farm) almost 2 weeks ago. My salesperson was Suzanne, she was very thorough in following up with all details.

1. 2009 Honda Odyssey EX (no extra options or add ons)
    2. MSRP $29,455 + $670 (dest. fee) = $30,125
    3. INVOICE $26,692 + $670 (dest. fee) = $27,362
    4. $24,225 (includes dest. fee), not including TTL
  • ekw540ekw540 Member Posts: 3
    Just got the EX-L (no NAV/RES) for:

+ 5% tax
    + 299 Doc+License Fees
    + 1350 (Honda Care - 5 yr / 80,000 / 0 Ded)
    + 637 Fog Light
    + 200 All Season mats
    3.9 % Financing

I think I paid too much for the Extended Warranty. I can still cancel it within 60 days with 100% refund. :)

I am in Boston area.
    Just a straight EX-L. No dealer adds, No RES or Navi.

Basically $2,900 below invoice before taxes and fees
  • odyshopper1odyshopper1 Member Posts: 7
    I purchased a Touring no Pax for 33,245 incl destination fees, + 300 documentation fees + TTL.
  • dkmeowdkmeow Member Posts: 1
    I got an internet quote from Valley Honda in Naperville for $31,000 (Destination Fee is included. Tax, title, license, document fee, and accessories are extra.)

This is for a 2009 Honda Odyssey EX L w/ Navi and DVD.

I was told the sticker was $37,625 and then I'd get the $2,500 rebate along with an additional $4,000 or so off.

I thought it sounded pretty good but now I'm reading some of these posts and it sounds like shopping around is a good idea.

What does everyone think, does this sound good? I was also offered 3.9% financing on top of this.

I'm new to "negotiating" so any help would be appreciated.
    thekims: Can you please tell me what was your OTD and what state you're from? Thanks.
  • gcarlinjgcarlinj Member Posts: 1
    Forum was very helpful - here's my info to pay it back.

Negotiated over the internet through Edmunds dealer search first.
    Got 6 quotes from dealers around Central Ohio varied from $29,250 to $29,900

Took the $29,250 to other dealers and asked to beat. Got 1 dealer to go to $28,700. All this is from comfort of home over 2 days. Made appt with closest dealer. Before we left lowest dealer offered another $300 off to close by end of March. So now lowest is $28,400. Took that # to appointment with a different dealer, liked the dealership, but wouldn't come down from $29,250 at all, and didn't have the color (Silver Pearl) in the RES (they eventually called back and went to $28,950). Made appointment at lowest dealer - went to visit, and liked, almost bought there, but they had a bad trade in offer (about $600 below my price and about $2000 below where I wound up) and had our 2nd color but not first color choice. While sitting at that dealership, another dealer called me and said he would match the $28,400 and had the exact car I wanted. So went to this third dealer - test drove the exact car, got a really good trade in price (better than research showed and better than was offered by other dealers by alot) and decided to go with them.

Here's the breakdown

EX-L with RES in Silver Pearl - Dublin Ohio
    $28,400 price with dest. charge
    Tax about $1495.13 (6.75% with credit for trade in of $6500 and they include doc prep fee in tax calc)
    Registration and titling $25.50
    Doc prep $250 (this is the Ohio statutory maximum, they can charge less, but I didn't find one that did)
    No Accessories
    OTD of $30,170.63

I had arranged financing prior to coming in at 4.2 - finance offers weren't available in March (or at least I didn't get)

Pretty good deal (I think) - and very little work, an hour on a Thursday at 1 dealer, about 5 hours on a Saturday with 2 dealers which included detailing and delivery and here and there on the internet and cell phone - very nice experience.

Wound up buying from Immke Honda in Dublin - excellent experience with the sales guy (internet manager I believe) no hard sales, a little bit of trying in the F and I office, but not too bad - and I would recommend giving them your lowest price and letting them match or beat.
  • scb8scb8 Member Posts: 2
    Could you anyone post best dealer in VA/MD area and prices for 2009 Honda Odyssey with DVD/NAV
  • scb8scb8 Member Posts: 2
    I talked to a dealer for $32,300 OTD and still searching for better one
  • jimbob1jimbob1 Member Posts: 70
    Congrats! That looks like a terrific price. If I saw that in the Philly area, I'd likely have to move my '06 ex-l.
  • odyshopper1odyshopper1 Member Posts: 7
    Out the door was 35,300 with 5% MA sales tax.
  • isles22isles22 Member Posts: 5
    Received 9 internet quotes this week around the Raleigh, NC area. Lowest OTD price quoted $29,963, highest OTD price quoted $33,943. Many dealers could not even touch the lowest price quoted by Sanford Honda. We added the paint protectant for $345 and mud flaps for $40 (discounted). Total OTD: $30,348 a very good offer for this area.
  • mamak8mamak8 Member Posts: 2
    This is what I did... I am a Costco and USAA member so I went online and requested a quote through those programs. From there dealers contacted me via email and phone. THey sent price quotes. On Friday, I started calling the lowest ones. Our lowest price is $24, 860 out the door for an EX in either Winchester or Hagerstown. The only way to get the DVD is to upgrade to leather the EX- L package. We decided to just go to costco and get a DVD installed post factory for around $600 or $700. I'm not sure what the lowest would be on an EX- L or Touring. We still may get a few hundred off.

Another little known fact is that VA dealers can charge a $399 processing fee but MD dealers are limited by law to only $99 processing.
    There is also 2.9 or 3.9 % financing with 0 down right now.
    Good luck,

We hope to get our sea mist or red van Tuesday.
  • cagormcagorm Member Posts: 40
    I bought an Odyssey EX-L today. My deal was as follows;

Sales price $26,948
    Dealer processing $100
    Sales tax (Maryland) $1,623
    Honda care (7 year/80,000 miles extended warranty) $1,295
    Registration fees $292
    Total $30,258

Monthly payment at 3.9% (zero out of pocket at time of sale) $557

The deal was done at Ourisman Honda in Bethesda MD.
  • jag999jag999 Member Posts: 1
    I bought my 2009 Honda Odyssey EX-L With RES in DC area for following price.
    Vehicle Price : $28,498.(Including Destination charge)
    VA tax $855
    Dealer Licence : $48
    Tag $110 for 2 years.
    Total $29,500.
    This is at sheey honda Alexandria VA. They treated me well.
    I got from other dealer also for $29,700. I am not sure which is deal or not.