Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• dr_zzzdr_zzz Member Posts: 2
    Yes we are. Out the door. EX-L + appearance package as they call it. (mudflaps + mats.)
  • tonyl1tonyl1 Member Posts: 53
    This sounds like a good deal, I posted my deal earlier in this thead. However unless NJ is different than IL they will tax the 2500 dealer incentive making the tax 2278.5. I wanted the mud flaps and this particular dealer included 2 oil changes.
  • fxguyfxguy Member Posts: 132
    This price is too good to be true. I think you will find that you and your dealer are thinking about 2 different trims.
  • vee927vee927 Member Posts: 11
    hey Rajan,
    give me your email and i will send you all the info.

vee
  • vee927vee927 Member Posts: 11
    yes the sales person is giveing me 2 free oli changes and mud Guard, and wheel locks are standerd on the EX-L thats what the sales man told me.
  • tonyl1tonyl1 Member Posts: 53
    They may be standard at the dealer, but I don't have wheel locks.
  • pray4allpray4all Member Posts: 15
    Hi Vee,

could you please send me your dealer info as well

rffpgadsp at yahoo.com

thks
  • isles22isles22 Member Posts: 5
    The Original OTD price (all taxes, fees etc) was $29,963. We then added on a few items as follows:

Base price: $28649
    Simonize System 5: +$295 (dealer discount)
    Mud Flaps: +$46 (dealer discount)
    Tax: $871
    Doc: $88
    Fee: $399
    Total: $30,348
  • naren140471naren140471 Member Posts: 3
    CC8,
    this is a great price. I am also from CA and in the market for same Ody EX-L with Nav and RES. Please email me dealers detail at lakhotian@yahoo.com.

Thanks,

Narendra
  • odysseymamaodysseymama Member Posts: 4
    isles22, thanks.
    I got a quote from Charles Glegg at SANFORD at $28,695, ~$50 difference. I don't see inventory at their website. But he said he could get it for me.
  • isles22isles22 Member Posts: 5
    Good deal! Charles is the man and cannot be beat! Good luck. I'm picking mine up this week!
  • hansiennahansienna Member Posts: 2,312
    Is Ocean Mist Metallic a popular color which sells out quickly OR is it a color most people won't buy?

I like White exterior but think the yellow-cream interior color is hideous. :sick:
  • li7li7 Member Posts: 10
    Im looking to purchase a Honda Odyssey EX-L with Res for 27.5k in new york area. Is this attainable. What would be a good deal price in NYC area.
  • vanneededvanneeded Member Posts: 9
    Been reading forums for awhile - been very helpful - need an opinion on a quote. EXL with DVD/Nav plus fog lights and roof racks - 33,889 with PA tax and tags included in the price. Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
  • drgphilipdrgphilip Member Posts: 5
    Hi all,

I have a quote for a 2009 Honda Odyssey LX at $21300 including destination charges (excluding tax and document fees) from a dealer in Boston, MA. Is this a good quote or should I try for a better offer.Suggestions are welcome.
  • kneehowmakneehowma Member Posts: 17
    I believe Ocean Mist (light blue) is a very popular color that sold out quickly. While shopping for an Odyssey EX in Houston area, I noticed there are very few Ocean Mist on dealer's lot, regardless of the trim. We finally got one as soon as it rolled off the truck. White exterior is fine, but some people think it's too plain. My previous minivan is white and it holds up (ages) very well. The yellow-cream color (Mocha in Honda's term) is just plain ugly. If you have ever changed baby's diaper (I'm pretty sure that includes everyone who is buying a minivan), then Mocha is the color of soiled-diaper. I don't know what Honda is thinking....
  • still_lookin1still_lookin1 Member Posts: 2
    hi:

I am in AZ, the lowest price I can get for a Honda Odyssey EX model is 24628 (include destination/tint). is this a good price?
    Thanks
    Better than Utah, Wyoming, or Idaho where the best price for a NEW Ody EX is $ 24,928. 2nd best was $25,070 and 3rd best was Costco $ 25,105.
    Thanks. I frequently drive a Taffeta White 2001 Odyssey EX and love the light green cloth interior which still looks nice with 104,000 miles on it. She often takes grandchildren in her Ody.

On the other hand, the interior of my niece's Taffeta White 2005 Odyssey EX quickly looked dirty and UGLY within a few months and she has NO small children riding in it.

I would NOT buy a Taffeta White Odyssey if they sold a new 2009 Odyssey EX to me for $ 19,999. :sick:
  • cleverstarcleverstar Member Posts: 23
    I'm also in NYC area. Want to buy regular EX-L for 27k. Anyone has good experience and price, can you tell me which dealer? Thanks.
  • naidunaidu Member Posts: 2
    I plan to buy 2009 Odyssey EX L basic model without RES and NAV and I am in Richmond VA. Could I know the out the door price EX L model. I got the quote from dealer fro EX L $28300.00(Out the door price). Is it good?
    Looks good. Best price in Utah, Idaho or Wyoming was $28,105 + taxes, $ 5 tire recycling fee, $ 40 temp plate fee, and $299 doc fee less 2006 Sienna LE 28K miles #11,900 trade in. ( I did not have the total trade difference computed for the 2009 Ody EX-L because they could not find the 2009 Ody EX-L of the exact color we want).

Toyota dealer XLE MSRP $33,448 selling price $ 31,448 less $1,000 discount, $ 1,000 Factory Rebate, less $ 13,000 trade in of 2006 Sienna LE 28 K miles + $ 1,283.54 Sales Tax, $ 289.85 doc fee + $ 205.50 other fees for total trade difference $ 20,226. (I told the Toyota dealer their Sienna is grossly overpriced and walked).
  • mamak8mamak8 Member Posts: 2
    This seems great. Make sure to request an Out The Door price. Our OTD price was $24556 in Virginia.

Good luck!
  • still_lookin1still_lookin1 Member Posts: 2
    OTD is 27498, I wonder if I should buy now or should I wait until the new model comes out?
    BUY NOW if the dealer has an EX in the color you want at $ 24,628. Dealers in our part of the USA will NOT sell at the incredibly low prices quoted by others here in CarSpace. These HUGE discounts will never be offered again by Honda.

I would buy a NEW 2009 Odyssey EX for $ 24,928 NOW IF there were ANY new Ocean Mist Metallic Ody EX within 100 miles of my dealer and give my less desireable 2006 Toyota Sienna LE to our daughter.
  • jerryohjerryoh Member Posts: 1
    The offer I got for 2009 LX is OTD $22496.05. (OH, tax rate 6.5%).
  • HOdysyhunterHOdysyhunter Member Posts: 38
    In WA state the sales tax is 9.6%. The dealer is providing the splash guards, door guards and wheal locks. Is that a good deal?
  • bosmikebosmike Member Posts: 9
    Just signed contract last night in the Boston area for an 2009 Odyssey EX. MSRP $30,125. OTD (including 5% MA tax) $25,878. Details:

Base Price: $24,361 (includes Dest. Charge)
    Documentation: $299
    Tax: $1218

Also received an identical offer by email of $24,361 from another dealership in southern NH. Couldn't get either one to go lower.
  • chooch3chooch3 Member Posts: 5
    Hi bosmike,
    I'm also looking for an EX in Boston in the near future. Looks like you got a good price. Do you mind sharing which dealership you ended up signing your contract with?

Also, a more general question for everyone: any idea how long the manufacturer to dealer cash ($2500) is going to last? I saw on the Honda website that the financing deals have been extended until July.

Thanks!!
    I sent out the quote request to Commonwealth, Peters (Nashua) and Honda Gallery. Went with the quote from Honda Gallery. They didn't play any games once I arrived at the showroom with the Internet quote which I felt was a good price.

Commonwealth is closer to me, but they never responded to the request.

Good luck shopping. I think the timing is good right now to get an Odyssey at a higher discount than in the past. We also looked at EX-L, but the EX seemed to be a higher % discount off the MSRP in the end.
  • chooch3chooch3 Member Posts: 5
    Thanks bosmike! Sounds like you a had a good, straightforward experience at the dealership. If you would recommend the sales rep that you worked with, would you mind emailing me the details? ehchiou at yahoo.com
  • drgphilipdrgphilip Member Posts: 5
    hi jerryho,

thank you for the reply. I think I have some room to haggle as tax in MA is only 5%. Going to dealership tommorrow. Will update the results.
  • avanformywifeavanformywife Member Posts: 2
    The best quote i get so far in Houston area for the EX is $23,999 + 10 years/300K engine warranty. I seems to exclude destination charge and TTL.

Is this a good price? Can I expect $500 less + few goodies?
  • eeyeseeyes Member Posts: 3
    Can anyone give me a clue on EX-L no RES no NAv price in PA, DE? thx
    Odyssey EX at an EXcellent price. What is the exterior color of your new Ody EX? Did your dealer have a good selection of all models?
  • cleverstarcleverstar Member Posts: 23
    Will the 2009 price drop 5% or more?
    Will Honda have less or more than 2500 MTDR on 2009 models?
    What's the condition of the leftover cars at the cost of lower price? All w/ quite some testdrive mileages? Bad colors? Scratch or dents?

Then what's the benefit of buying it now and paying half year insurance and registration just to legally put it in the garage or even on roadside (as I won't need a van till end of the year)?
  • cc8cc8 Member Posts: 8
    Well I posted what I thought was a deal on an EXL+DVD+Nav a few days or so ago and a wise poster responded that the deal sounded too good to be true, and that the car dealer and I were probably referring to 2 different trims.

Well, that is exactly what happened - either that or the dealer I was working with totally back-pedaled.

Anyway, long story short, I am trying to figure out if this is a good price.

EXL+DVD+Nav for $35,088 OTD

This sounds high to me. FWIW, the Consumer Reports document on this car suggests that you start with $33,400 for this model and then "negotiate up", meaning $33,400 is the "bottom line" price.

So what I am facing now is $35,088 - trade in of $5100 == $29,988.
  • naren140471naren140471 Member Posts: 3
    I think you can do better than this. I am also in CA and so far best quote I received is 34K OTD. Are you in rush to buy the car or can wait week or two?
    Would you like to team up with us so that we can negotiate the price and can get the better deal?
    you can contact me at lakhotian at yahoo.com

Narendra
  • z4drivercaz4driverca Member Posts: 16
    Hi vanneeded,
    what is the price quoted of the van ?
    Not aware of the PA tax rate, but folks on the forum are getting
    30000 to 30500 base price for EXL-RES/NAV + plus TTL so far.
    Hope this helps
    Hi cc8
    I would say negiotate the base price + TTL.
    sales tax is 1% higher than march in CA, so assuming $30k for the Ody EXL-RES/NAV,
    that's about $300 more.

My OTD for the same purchased on March 19th was ~$33400 ( including TTL).

The way I look at it if you get to pay invoice -4000, for base + TTL then sign the papers.
    Hi Narendra,
    You are quite close , maybe you could get $250 to $500 less, depending on how much time you have to haggle before signing the papers.
    Hi Cleverstar,

I would say if you don't need a van now, wait it out.

I think deals will be comparable later in the year, though you may not have to much inventory left to bargain with later for the choice of options you need.
    Honda did say they are cutting production too.

I don't think mileage or scratch / dents would be an issue on cars sitting in dealer lots,unless you want car with < 10 :shades: miles on it
  • driveindrivein Member Posts: 15
    We are in the midwest and are looking at buying a 2009 EX-L with RES. The information regarding the manufacturer's support or incentives seems to be conflicting. On Edmunds, it is suggesting @ $2500 but Consumer Reports is suggesting a much smaller holdback. Can folks enlighten us as to what is being offered, whether there is a range and what that is tied to, and when the incentives expire? All help appreciated.
    Only had 3 EX's in inventory. We went with the Bali Blue which was not in stock but they had no problem locating it for us (same OTD price too).
  • rascallyrabbitrascallyrabbit Member Posts: 2
    I live in Algonquin, IL and am buying a 2009 Honda Odyssey Touring Mini-Van within the next 7 days, given the right deal. I have done my Edmond's research and received internet quotes from Honda dealers for this pending purchase. The quotes are all over the board... between $35,700 and 33,090. Obviously, I like the $33,090 better! Once I find the right fit, I will be walking into the dealership that day and paying CASH for the vehicle. Has anyone else found a deal for the 2009 Honda Odyssey Touring than $33,090 + destination fee and TTL? If so, can you point me that direction? Thanks.
  • hokiethokiet Member Posts: 2
    Thanks to all on this forum for sharing their experiences! Very helpful stuff! So here's my two cents on my experience. Took dealer stock.

Base $ -- $30,094 (w/mud guards and wheel locks, first oil change)
    Added Options -- $1,451 (fog lights, backup sensor, cargo tray)
    Destination -- $670
    Admin fee -- $399
    Total OTD -- $32,614 (plus TTL, of course)

Fought hard for the trade-in (2000 Odyssey EX) and got a good deal. Fairly reasonable deal overall, based on what I've seen here. Thanks, again!
  • badtaamiz_2000badtaamiz_2000 Member Posts: 24
    I have 4 quotes as follow and the pricing is OTD (out the door). Which is the best price? Any advice will be appricated. Also, please let me know if anyone else in MD has gotten a better price than this for any of these model with dealer name and sales rep person.

1) EXL w/dvd and Nav at $32,700 OTD (selling price $29,754.76 + state tax is 6%, + $670 freight, + processing fee $99, + $275 for title/tag).

2) EXL w/dvd only at $30,600 OTD (selling price $27,781.70 + state tax is 6%, + $670 freight, + processing fee $99, + $275 for title/tag). Basically $2,100 less for this model.

3)base EX $26,000 OTD (selling price $23,357.70 + state tax is 6%, + $670 freight, + processing fee $99, + $275 for title/tag).

3) Toyota sienna XLE with DVD package for $30,500 OTD (selling price $27,687.70 + state tax is 6%, + $670 freight, + processing fee $99, + $275 for title/tag) with 1.9% for 60 months.

Thank you
  • cashbuyer1973cashbuyer1973 Member Posts: 1
    just bought a 2009 touring last night at boch honda in MA for 33,000 + 298 doc fee +TTL cash.
  • HOdysyhunterHOdysyhunter Member Posts: 38
    I cannot believe these prices... in Seattle, WA, no where these prices are there.. last friday the bestt quote i got is : $32500 for EXL+DVD (but you are getting the deal for with an extra NAV). Here the only diff is the state tax is 9.8% where as yours it is 6%.

Any one here, pl. shed your thoughts on Seattle,WA prices for EXL + DVD.
    Best of luck.
  • pcg7384pcg7384 Member Posts: 1
    I live in Oregon and have had 2 dealers fighting over me. We don't have sales tax and the Title/doc fee is $218. I've been able to get a quote of $28,300 OTD on an EX-L no DVD or nav.