Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Report Your Local Gas Prices Here (retired discussion, please see the new one)

mznmzn Member Posts: 727
edited November 2014 in General
This topic is for reporting the price of gas.
Please give us your prices, as well as city and
state, only. Thanks!

carlady/host

Comments

• avs007avs007 Member Posts: 100
    $1.88 for 92 at Chevron by my house
    $1.68 I think for 87

Though a little ways away, I saw a Chevron selling 92 for $1.95

I have a picture, when I went on business in California, of a Chevron selling 92 for $2.05 , and this was back in August!
  • barresa11barresa11 Member Posts: 277
    Got gas last night @ Chevron. Price was $1.77 for regular. Prem is $1.97. Ouch, ouch, ouch. Sure glad I bought the Subaru instead of 4Runner or Rodeo.

Stephen
  • bowhuntwibowhuntwi Member Posts: 262
    1.459 regular unleaded 87

1.559 special unleaded 89

1.659 super unleaded 92

1.52 diesel
  • agtabbyagtabby Member Posts: 28
    tyical regular 1.60

as usual special extra dime, premium two dimes.

Best price in town is Costco 1.45.

Andrew
  • blondemom1blondemom1 Member Posts: 90
    $1.56 for 87 at Shell, down from $1.59 a few days ago.
  • modvptnlmodvptnl Member Posts: 1,352
    A local Texaco in Vegas was $2.09 over the weekend for premium. Arco is $1.93-1.99.
  • wilcoxwilcox Member Posts: 582
    Name brand $ 1.43 Ammoco

Almost name brand $ 1.39 Citgo

Discount brand $ 1.36 RaceTrack

El cheapo brand $ 1.29 Petro
  • ccotenjccotenj Member Posts: 610
    texaco

1.46 regular
    1.52 plus
    1.61 premium

at least they pump it for me.

-Chris
  • OnYerLeftOnYerLeft Member Posts: 14
    Gas war in a Minneapolis suburb this weekend--regular as low as 1.25.9. A tv news report actually had a break-even analysis with a map showing how far it would be worth your while to drive there to come out ahead at that price!

In other parts of town regular can be had for 1.37.9 today.
  • cstarke1cstarke1 Member Posts: 5
    From 1.49 for regular (87) to $1.62 for premium (91 to 93) is the best I'm finding. Strange how one Shell station can charge $1.80 for premium when the guy across the street has his premium priced at $1.65
  • rea98drea98d Member Posts: 982
    1.499 For 87
    1.599 for 89
    1.699 for 92
    93 & higher is unavailable here, and I have no idea what diesel goes for.
  • pdhoffmanpdhoffman Member Posts: 4
    Prices have been dropping for about the last two weeks. The politicians (Energy Secretary Richardson) have been ignoring this, while taking the credit for pressuring OPEC and talking about maybe seeing a decrease by late summer. Of course, Richardson probably doesn't gas up his government limo.

Anyway, here in Corpus

1.289 for unleaded down from peak of 1.469
    Plus and Premium are 10 and 20 cents more.

Raceway (very competitive el cheapo) at the other end of town (20 mile drive) is 1.239 this morning.
    why can't you get real premium there?

-Chris
  • rea98drea98d Member Posts: 982
    I'm not sure why 93 isn't available here. I checked every filling station I could find looking for it for my Mercury, and my friend did the same for his turbocharged Saab, but nobody sells it. "Why" is one of those great unsolved questions of life.
  • agtabbyagtabby Member Posts: 28
    dumb question, why post with hidden line response? Just makes me hit enter a few extra times.

just curious.

Andrew
  • fastdriverfastdriver Member Posts: 2,273
    agtabby-

Supposedly because the comments are "off topic"- they don't mention the price of gas. Plus, they don't want to be reprimanded by the hosts and have them switch this topic to another one that might talk about different octanes.

fastdriver
  • mznmzn Member Posts: 727
    Yes, short off-topic exchanges are best done by hiding posts. Thank you for your consideration.

carlady/host
  • pschiffepschiffe Member Posts: 373
    Do not buy any gasoline from APRIL 6, 2000 THROUGH APRIL 9, 2000. Buy what you need before the dates listed above, or after, but try not to buy any during the GAS OUT.

Last year on April 30, 1999, a gas out was staged across Canada and the U.S. to bring the price of gas down and it worked. It's time to do something about it again. This time, lets make it for three days instead of just one. The oil cartel cedided to slow production to drive up gasoline prices. Lets see how many American/Canadian perople we can get to ban together for a three day period in April, NOT TO BUT ANY GASOLINE, during those three days. LETS HAVE A GAS OUT.

If you want to help, just send this to everyone you know and ask them to do the same. We brought the prices down once before, and we can do it again! Come on North America lets stand together. WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
  • pjyoungpjyoung Member Posts: 885
    Besides, with recent news in the decrease in the barrel price of oil , gasoline prices will come down in a few weeks anyway...it won't have anything to do with any "GAS OUT". Just this past week, gas prices in my area dropped from $1.40 to $1.29. Besides, the oil companies will rake it in on April 5 and April 10, when all the "outers" are either topping off or filling up. Net effect - $0.00.

If you want a pretty good gauge of oil prices and future prices, just check on any airline stocks. when OPEC limits production, the stocks drop. When they recieve good news, the stock rises. Bear in mind that these stocks are looking forward to the next quarter or more. Lately, most airline stocks have been rising, even when Wall Street had it's rough couple of days.

Again, prices are heading down, and any decrease at the pumps will NOT be due to any gas out.
  • sable93sable93 Member Posts: 107
    Gas is down to $1.29 here in Cincinnati at the right gas stations. I think $1.30 is a reasonable price for gas here in the midwest. It was $1.00 before all the price hikes happened. $1.30 isn't too high, and it still allows the greedy oil shieks to get their extra money (like they need it!)
    in W. Ga. Actually, much less at the cheaper outlets.
  • mykemmykem Member Posts: 203
    $1.469 at the Speedway
    $1.569 at the Mobil, Shell and Amoco

I think it was $1.539 at the Citgo, not sure.

-m
    in Montana costs a minimum of $1.59...higher in many places in this state. Did you know that cars or SUV's can run on that stuff....even at high altitudes?
    the only times I saw low octanes like that were in high altitudes.

I remember Jacksonville, Richmond, DC, all having a minimum of 87 octane (relatively low-lying places), but a gas station on the way to a ski place east of Seattle, and Salt Lake City had 85 octane, right next to the 87, 89 and 90-something.

Oh yeah... gas price... uhm..

i think it was 1.549 to-day. :-)

-m
  • scdatmscdatm Member Posts: 2
    Stuttgart, Germany,

$3.60 for 87 octane
    as for the other types of gas, the prices just up and up and up, but then again, thats normal and it will always be that high. :(
    down a tick each grade at the local Mobil.

As for foreign prices, the price has to be mostly tax. Going to things (heresay mostly) like free healthcare, elderly care and everything else in the US has to pay for, it comes out almost even.

For an extra $2 a gallon ($2 * 15 gal * 52 = $1560) I wouldn't cringe. I paid out the wazoo for insurance I didn't use and Soc. Sec. I'm sure I'll never see.

-m
  • prophet2prophet2 Member Posts: 372
    Lowest self-serve in my neighborhood:

87 reg ................. 1.709
    89 plus ................ 1.809

They didn't have the premium price posted.

Most other places are 1.759 and up for regular, with 0.08 - 0.10 increases between grades.

Higher prices on the neighbor islands.
    $1.27 regular in my truck today at lunch. Only got two gallons, just enough to get me to work.... and then this afternoon I'll take different way back to the trailer and load up on $ 1.19 per gallon stuff. The tank should only have about a gallon lift in it by then....after fillup...I'll have enough left over for a beer or two. In prophet's region that savings could buy a 12 pack.
    Friends, please post your location when you provide your gas prices so we can all rush over to prophet2's neighborhood and stock up. Thanks!

carlady/host
  • pdhoffmanpdhoffman Member Posts: 4
    $1.179 for 87 octane

increments of 10 cents more a gallon for higher grades
    We have a tremendous "uninsured driver" problem here. Adding $0.25 to 0.50 per gallon, depending on the extent of coverage, would take prices at the self-serve pumps to $2.00 - 2.50 per gallon, not too bad when one considers the overall picture since 20-25% of the vehicles are "uninsured."

Plus, you couldn't drive to the neighboring state to avoid this; no bridge 2500 miles from Hawaii to California!
    1.59 for texaco premium today. a drop of 2 whole cents! (collingswood, nj).

-Chris

ps. i'd gladly pay the extra 40 cents a gallon to hang out with the prophet, at least during the winter months here... :)
    armpits of the south(ga/al), I trade with a station that sells regular 87 @$1.19. Been that way for a spell......
  • toad10toad10 Member Posts: 12
    In and around St. louis gas ranges in price from $1.00 to 1.30
  • agt_cooperagt_cooper Member Posts: 202
    Sheetz in Leesburg - 1.49 for 93 octane (my car requires that type of fuel to run properly)
  • gtt1gtt1 Member Posts: 63
    87 $1.19 off I10 between Houston and SA, cheapest by 3 cents for 100 miles.
    1.56 for premium yesterday... down a nickle in the last 2 weeks (collingswood nj).

-Chris
  • OnYerLeftOnYerLeft Member Posts: 14
    On the way to work this a.m., one station selling reg for $1.28 (this was their price last week, too), three blocks away another selling it for $1.60 (last week this station was at $1.31)! Hmmmm.
  • lynne29lynne29 Member Posts: 46
    In past two weeks, prices paid, for 93 Octane:

Monroe Citgo 1.51.9/gal
    Absecon Texaco 1.53.9/gal
    Mays Landing Gulf 1.62.9/gal
    Pomona Coastal 1.62.9/gal
    Pomona Coastal 1.56.9/gal (Friday Special)
    Folsom 322 Citgo 1.46.9/gal
    McKee City Sunoco 1.59.9/gal

So far, since January 2000, after 10,000 miles, Sunoco seems to give us the best gas mileage. (Seinna 2000)
    Lorton, VA Texaco- 89 octane $1.61.9
    Dillion, SC South of the Border- 89 octane $161.9
    St. Augustine, FL Exxon- 89 octane $166.9
    Lake Worth, FL Mobil- 89 octane $166.9
    Lake Worth, FL Chevron- 89 octane $1.71.9
    Saint Augustine, FL Shell- 89 octane $161.9
    Dumfries, VA Shell- 89 octane $157.9
    Branford, CT Mobil(today)- 89 octane $175.9

One thing that I noticed after I arrived in FL is that the price between 87 octane and 89 octane was 15-20 cents MORE! WHEN did this happen or haven't I been paying attention since I started using 89 octane a few weeks ago?

fastdriver
  • indydriverindydriver Member Posts: 620
    exits 7 and 11 (Terre Haute) have 87 for $1.199. FD-that 300M will run fine on 87.
    indydriver-

I know. I had been using 87 octane right along, but decided to try the 89 octane to see if my mileage would improve. So far, it seems that it has. I'll keep monitoring it to see if it really helps.

fastdriver
  • indydriverindydriver Member Posts: 620
    Exit 140, Lebanon area, McClure's 87 = $1.21 on 4/28.
    Gas has gone up about 10 cents on grades at this location. Getting ready for summer driving season??
    From 1.519 a couple weeks ago to 1.719 this week.

...for 87 octane.

Far western Chicago suburb.

I can only imagine how close gas prices are to $2 in the city itself.

-m
    Regular is $1.56 at my gas station on Capitol Hill, DC. It seems to be going up up up!

At one point, I kid you not, the prices were posted on whiteboards above the pump so that it was easier to change the prices!

carlady/host
  • minnbillminnbill Member Posts: 28
    gas was down to 1.219 for 87 octane a couple weeks ago. Last week was 1.499 everywhere, now this week there is 8-10 cents variation depending where you go. Gassed up yesterday at the ubiquitous SuperAmerica for 1.429. But Memorial Day is coming, and I'm sure 1.50 will be as cheap as it gets this summer...
  • carnut4carnut4 Member Posts: 574
    After holding steady at 1.65-87 for weeks, it's now come all the way down to 1.57! Hey at this rate, we might see 1.50 gas by summer. Wow. There still seems to be a 10-cent spread between the 3 grades. Cheapest premium still 1.75.
    I know.. yesterday I said 1.719 (+10 and 20 for upper grades).

Today I saw 1.799 for 87 octane.

Again. far western suburb of Chicago.

-m
    Prices seem to be holding steady: the low is still 1.709 for 87 in my neighborhood, most others are 1.739-1.769 for self-serve. 91/92 premium all over 1.90.

Neighbor islands are over 1.90 for 87, 2.10 for premium. But, SUV sales continue on: my sister is looking for a 4-Runner (don't really know why as they're pricey, but she's tight with the buck). If you want Toyotas that badly, you gotta pay the price!
This discussion has been closed.