Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Read this before purchasing an Acura 3.2 CL

2»

Comments

• Options
    teoteo Member Posts: 2,508
    "I love my cl and would never trade it for an over rated over priced BMW or LEXUS."

Oh please don't, because then you wouldn't know how to appreciate how much superior either BMW or Lexus are to your CL Accord coupe clone.

To each his own right?
  • Options
    cyranno99cyranno99 Member Posts: 419
    does GM pays you to be a troll? OR is it that you have a vengeance against the Honda line-ups? Yes, we all know that you think the Impala is superior to ANY Acuras, including the NSX... *to each his own* :D
  • Options
    tlintlin Member Posts: 2
    I have recently went in due to shifting problems with my transmission (delay from 2nd to 3rd). They discovered a leak in my transmission as well as a howling sound when I drive. They are replacing the transmission with a new one. However I have called another dealership and they told me they had 3 cars in due to transmission problems as well.

Anyone else? Hope it's not a design problem.
  • Options
    fastdriverfastdriver Member Posts: 2,273
    tlin-

2001 CL-S, 12,200+ miles since 3/28/01 and NO problems so far! Compared to my previous car, I feel like I died and went to heaven. This is the BEST car I have ever owned!

IF anything does go wrong, I will not hesitate to post it here and on my webpage.

fastdriver
  • Options
    tlintlin Member Posts: 2
    I have recently went in due to shifting problems with my transmission (delay from 2nd to 3rd). They discovered a leak in my transmission as well as a howling sound when I drive. They are replacing the transmission with a new one. However I have called another dealership and they told me they had 3 cars in due to transmission problems as well.

Anyone else? Hope it's not a design problem.
  • Options
    taylor47taylor47 Member Posts: 23
    maybe your problem with Ford was your inability to communicate in the English language. Have you ever tried spell check?
  • Options
    cyranno99cyranno99 Member Posts: 419
    the guys in acura-cl.com will have the answers the your query...
  • Options
    smiledrsmiledr Member Posts: 2
    My 2001 CL-S has 30,000 miles on it and I haven't had a problem yet. I cannot believe it, having had about 20 GM cars in my time. My Corvettes spent more time at the dealer than in my garage.
    I have heard people say, "Buy foreign and you will never go back to domestic." I am a believer.
    The car rides like a dream. And I love the Navi System, but $162 for a new disc is a bit much after spending $2000 for the System.
  • Options
    smiledr-

I agree with you. Although I have to say that until I bought my 99 Chrysler 300M, "Motor Trend's Car of the Year", my domestic cars were fine. I had no problems with them until the Chrysler.

My 2001 CL-S will be a year old on 3/28. I have had 12,500 perfect, trouble-free miles! I love this car.

fastdriver
  • Options
    slzslz Member Posts: 10
    I own a 2001 3.2 TL. About 1 month ago I noticed a small crack in the windshield in the lower right hand corner. There is no obvious mark from where a rock might have hit. The fracture seems to be expanding. Has anyone else had this type of problem?
  • Options
    longo32longo32 Member Posts: 81
    "For people that never owned Acuras from the "Golden
    Years" simply don't know how good these cars used to
    be. The current RL is the last one of the Made in Japan
    breed and it even doesn't compare to the old Legends."

This is an intriguing statement from a former post. I don't mind buying a car with a few years on it, and always love to hear from people who say, "these were the best years in that model line" For those of us not able or willing to pay the MSRP and drive off the lot in a cloud of depreciation money following us down the street, I would like to know exactly what this post means. What years were the "golden years of Acura" Thanks.
  • Options
    black_tulipblack_tulip Member Posts: 435
    '87-'95
  • Options
    canadianclcanadiancl Member Posts: 1,078
    Someone posted awhile back about what he felt was horrendous gas mileage. Well, I do almost 100% city driving, so lots of idling and stop and go. And I have NEVER gotten over 20 mpg with IMPERIAL gallons which I believe work out to be about 16 mpg with US gallons. A previous V6 car that I had, a '95 Maxima, gave me similar city mileage. So I think the culprit is city driving and the other person shouldn't feel so bad. Also, at almost 3600 lbs, the CL-S is actually quite a porky beast, so in stop-and-go traffic, gas mileage will suffer.

PS: I predict the next post will be from fastdriver declaring his love for the CL-S! :))
  • Options
    canadiancl-

HEY! How'd you know that? 13,490 miles and 1 year old in 2 days! NO problems.

IF you knew what I went through for 33 months with my "99 Motor Trend Car of the Year 300M" you'd know WHY I brag so much!. Ever read my soap opera story on my webpage? Click my profile and you'll see why I love ,b>THIS car! ;-)

fastdriver
This discussion has been closed.