Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• m35obsessedm35obsessed Member Posts: 9
    That's a very good price rascallyrabit! I live in TX and I can't even get close to that!
  • badtaamiz_2000badtaamiz_2000 Member Posts: 24
    Hey can you share your dealer name and the sales rep? What was your OTD price. Also, are you resident of MD? If not what was your sales tax rate?

thanks
  • mdgarciamdgarcia Member Posts: 6
    Have e-mailed 10 local dealers. Best offer so far is from one dealer for $27,800+TTL for a '09 Slate Green EXL no Res/Nav. Others are around $28,100 - $28,700+TTL.
    Any chance I can get down around $27K even? What's that best way to get them down?
  • HOdysyhunterHOdysyhunter Member Posts: 38
    Any ideas for May09 incentivies for Odyssey? Is the current incentives (2500 + 2.9% apr) stays like that or any changes expected?

As it is only 2 weeks left for May 4th, is that good idea to wait for that or good to buy now?

Any responses are very much appreciated.
  • fmichaelfmichael Member Posts: 95
    I'm thinking the same thing...I've been keeping an eye on a few Honda dealers inventory (not many being moved from what I can tell), but from what I've heard Honda will reduce production starting in May...Dunno what to say other than that May might be a good month to buy considering that there are still a good number of Oddys in dealer lots.
  • airoopsairoops Member Posts: 9
    Rabbit-

just curious, did they try to sell you an 08 Touring at all? They still have a bunch of them on the lot and am wondering what you could scoop an 08 for if they are selling the 09's for 33k?
  • exb0exb0 Member Posts: 539
    2) EXL w/dvd only at $30,600 OTD (selling price $27,781.70 + state tax is 6%, + $670 freight, + processing fee $99, + $275 for title/tag). Basically $2,100 less for this model.

This is very good price. Last week I requested quotes from most dealers in MD and VA for same model, and the best quote I got was $350 more than what you are getting. Which store gave you this price?
  • jeremyazjeremyaz Member Posts: 39
    Can someone please describe, in detail, how the dealers in MD, VA and other east coast areas are able to offer the lowest sales prices? For example, I understand that the Invoice price of an EXL w/RES is $31,481 (then add to that the standard $670 destination charge).

There is currently a $2500 Honda incentive which would bring the above price down to $28,981 + Dest + Doc + Lic + Tire Fee + Taxes. How are these posts showing $28,000 being achieved?

The same question on the touring...doing the math, these people are also getting about $1000 more off the price than $2500 less inventory allows. Any help and/or strategies to achieve these results would be appreciated.
  • bikash007bikash007 Member Posts: 10
    I got the following quote from a dealer in CT. Please let me know if anybody got a bettter deal than this?

In-Stock 2009 Honda Odyssey EX-L DVD/Navi:
    Your ePrice: $30,389.00
    Dealer Conveyance: $299.00
    CT Sales Tax: $1,841.28
    Transfer Registration: $100.00 (new $170)
    Total Out the Door: $32,629.28

Also, please let me know what else can I negotiate the dealership into giving for free: like floor mats, wheel locks, mud guard or oil change? Has anybody gotten free oil change for life (asking for too much?)?
  • bosmikebosmike Member Posts: 9
    The $2500 Honda marketing holdback to the dealer is in addition to the normal holdback which I believe is 2% of MSRP for most Honda models. So even without the incentive, dealers can (and do) sell at or below invoice because of the holdback.
    Thank you Fmichael. Which state are you in? Did you get any quotes from your local dealers? I am from WA state.
  • jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    Manufacturers sometimes offer dealers in various regions different incentives. They don't show up on invoice/holdback/rebate figures. It may have to do with monthly sales bonuses etc. May or may not be why deals differ.
  • pray4allpray4all Member Posts: 15
    HI bikash007,

It's decent price, would you pls share the dealer/contact info?

rffpgadsp at yahoo.com

Thks
    Hey Exbo,

if you are intersted we can team up and hopefully knock off another 200 to 500 off the exl w/dvd.

you interested? The only reason i am getting this price is becuase i know how much my coworked paid and they can jerk me around like other dealers can.

So far no dealer in MD or VD or NJ area has came close to either othe these price for EXL w/dvd or EXL w/dvd with nav. Some dealers have told me that they are not the desperate to move the odyssey of there lot yet.

thanks
    Unfortunately we are not buying the Odyssey anymore.

Our 07 Odyssey was “lemoned”, and on Saturday we went to buy an 09. However the 09 seems to have the same issue as our 07. We test drove another one and it was fine, but my wife is really scared of ending up with another lemon.
  • tonyl1tonyl1 Member Posts: 53
    Can you please elaborate on your issues, or perhaps you have and I overlooked it?
  • luckybuyer09luckybuyer09 Member Posts: 3
    Hi that's a great deal!
    which state are you living and which dealership did you get yours?

thank you,
  • luckybuyer09luckybuyer09 Member Posts: 3
    Does anyone know the best deal in Chicago area?
    The best quote I got now is $33k OTD.

thank you
  • elephant22elephant22 Member Posts: 8
    Finally pulled the trigger on an EX-L. Wanted to lease but couldn't wait any more for the lease deals to get better.

The price above included everything including 6% Michigan sales tax. I may have been able to get it a little lower but got tired of the back and forth with the dealers.

Regards
  • sunno1010sunno1010 Member Posts: 2
    Please respond with recent buying experience for an EX-L in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area. Please note your date of purchase, model, and base price (including dest chanrges) you got. Thanks!
  • sunno1010sunno1010 Member Posts: 2
    By what % will Oddy prices drop for year end clearance sales?
    A dealer here in the Milwaukee area gave me a quote of $24,237 for an EX that includes destination fee; price is good until April 30th.
    All,

i have an update on the pricing. On last Saturday i had stopped at the delarship from where my co-work purchased the car from and i got the same pricing as my co worker did but did not purchased and walked out upset. The delar called back and made sweeter offered or at least i think it is.

Now the offer stands as follow and good till End of april.

1) EXL w/dvd and Nav at $31,330 OTD(selling price $28,468.84 + state tax is 6%, + $670 freight, + processing fee $99, + $275 for title/tag).

2) The pricing fr Exl w/dvd is still at $30,600 OTD.

I think $31,330 for exl w/dvd and nav is a GREAT price, i think it is little too good to be true.

has anyone gotten a better price than this in MARYLAND area? Should i wait for May maybe the deal will get better or buy it now? Anyone has any idea what is honda going to offer in May 2009 for incentive?

thanks
    Can you someone guide me the right direction where i can get the best price for extended warranty?

i am looking for 8 years for 120k. Someone i know recenlty paid $1250 for this. Is this a good price or can i do better? if so by how much?

thanks
  • nylaplus3nylaplus3 Member Posts: 2
    Hello

I'm located in SoCal area. Just got quoted OTD price of 31,400 for black EX-L with RES. Has anyone done better? Would appreciate name of dealer.

Thanks!
  • jeremyazjeremyaz Member Posts: 39
    Please break down your OTD pricing and I can compare to what I have so far. I've seen several go for $28,000 before TTL (with Destination included in that for some)...but I haven't broken the $29,300 barrier yet.

I'm not itching to buy unless a dealer in S. California or AZ is willing to budge.
    Hi,

These are AWESOME prices. Is that possible for you to share the email that dealer sent to your with that quote (krushi at gmail dot com) My dealer here want to see in writing .. it would be really really appreciated ..or send an email to me with u r details so that I can contact you through email

I am aggressively looking to buy the honda for last few weeks and here at my place the best quote that I got is 32, 500 for EXL+DVD (@9.8% tax).
  • hansiennahansienna Member Posts: 2,312
    Bali Blue is a gorgeous color with nice grey cloth interior but will show water spots more quickly than some of the lighter colors. :shades:
  • hansiennahansienna Member Posts: 2,312
    The prices are NOW the lowest I have ever seen. If you wait, you probably will pay more and not get the Odyssey model and color you want - unless any color is satisfactory.
  • kcs5kcs5 Member Posts: 2
    Anyone has good deal in DFW area and want to share it?

I
    Thanks, we thought the same thing. Usually those dark colors look better if we keep up with the wash and waxing. We did consider some of the silver/gray options, but came down to liking how that blue looked on the lot.

Just received a followup email from another dealership. They said they just received notice from Honda that the 2.9% financing deal will end April 30th. Not sure if that's regional or just a sales tactic, but just a heads up.

We went with a credit union rate of 3.9 for 60 months anyways.
  • zerodownzerodown Member Posts: 7
    badtaamiz,

can you tell me where you got that quote? I'm planning on buying a van this weekend. If you could email the quote, that would be even better.

Thanks.
  • chereyachereya Member Posts: 11
    Which dealer did you get that quote from? I live in the Madison area and am starting to ask for email quotes on the EX and EX-L. Do you think we could secure an even better deal if we teamed up??
  • tonyl1tonyl1 Member Posts: 53
    badtaamiz,

Same here, I'd like to know where such a great offer is comming from....caution, I'd watch out for bait and switch. The hint is when you said you left the dealer, what better way for them to get you back in the door.
  • youngtyoungt Member Posts: 10
    In the market for a new ODY - Lease is up on current 06 van. So far this is the best price I could get ....

Vehicle: 2009 Honda Odyssey EX-L
    MSRP: $33,825
    Special Internet Price: $27,125
    Destination: $670
    Your Price: $27,795

Vehicle: 2009 Honda Odyssey EX-L w. RES
    MSRP: $35,445
    Special Internet Price: $28,430
    Destination: $670
    Your Price: $29,100
    Wow... how are you guys getting these prices ? Here in WA state, there are no way that dealers are nearer to these prices. When we refer these quotes, they are making fun and deniying these quotes. If you got these prices in email, can you pl. fwd them krushi at gmail dot com?
  • chooch3chooch3 Member Posts: 5
    Looking for an 2009 EX-L with RES. Have been debating whether to buy within the next week, or risk waiting to see what happens in May. So far have gotten several quotes in the same ball park:

Internet price: $28,941 (includes $670 destination)
    MA sales tax 5%
    Documentation fee $299.75
    Plates + Title $111
    OTD price: $30,798

Anyone else in the Boston area with a better deal? Thanks!
  • haidonghhaidongh Member Posts: 16
    Got a quote from Freeman Honda in Dallas. Nothing compare to the Maryland quote, but this is the best I got. Is this good?

Vehicle: 2009 ODYSSEY EXL R&N
    MSRP: $ 36955.00
    E-sale price: $ 30695.00 includes wheel locks, trunk tray, mudguards and tint
    Got the quote from Schlossmann Honda City in West Allis/Greenfield.

Trying to get our condo re-financed before my wife, and I buy a Odyssey - what a headache that is :mad:

I bet if you were to offer $24,000 they'd bite; might be until mid/late May before I'll be able to buy :(
  • kcs5kcs5 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks haidongh.
    I'm not sure if the price is good because I just started looking around and I've not requested any quote yet. I am thinking about EX or EX-L only.
  • youngtyoungt Member Posts: 10
    Keep in mind these prices include the $2500 dealer incentive. I already pulled the trigger. My luck the incentive for May will be $3000.
  • olavanmanolavanman Member Posts: 12
    Hello!
    I cannot believe the prices you guys are getting either!
    Here in Denver,
    EX-L with DVD - $29974 + Dealer Fee + Taxes = $31935.
    EX-L with DVD and NAVI - 31882 + Dealer Fee + Taxes = $33941

The prices in Maryland seem to be awesome!

Anyone in DENVER - please jump in and help a consumer in these tough times!
    Cheers!
    Ola Van Man!
  • chereyachereya Member Posts: 11
    Thanks for responding. They gave me the same offer today - a day after I requested the quote and had to poke them with a follow up email. I don't need to buy until August (new baby due) and I'm not picky about color OR whether I get an EX or an EX-L though I am slightly partial to the EX-L.

I'm going to wait and see what the incentives are in May. I don't mind buying early if the deal is right. It's hard seeing the lower pricing being offered in some other parts of the country! I keep wondering if I can get the same deals if I hold out 'till August. The production slowdown and dwindling inventory has me a little nervous that they may not be "desperate" to make a sale this summer.
    We didn't need the Odyssey until November, but I felt the deals out there right now are possibly even better than year-end discounts could be. Jumped on the deal this month. But, if the deals aren't as good in your region (I'm in Boston which seems to have some great deals right now) you might be worth waiting.
  • wenhqwenhq Member Posts: 14
    Oh, yes, definitely you can get much better price in Boston. I got my Ody EXL with RES last month and i paid $28000 + TTL in Boston, and OTD was $29785. Please drop me an note (wen_hq@rocketmail.com), and i can pass you the salesman's name.
  • jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    Do a deal online in Boston -- fly in and drive home--you will be thousands ahead.
  • dbtdbt Member Posts: 298
    Prices in the Twin Cities tend to be a bit higher than some other areas (like Chicago), that you might see on this board. There was a dealer from the Twin Cities that used to comment on this board (mplshondadlr), but I haven't seen a post from them in a while.
  • prasanth13prasanth13 Member Posts: 4
    Hi Vee

Could you please send the dealer info to me also ?

ffmf13@gmail.com

Nice Deal :-)

Thanks
    Prasanth
  • prasanth13prasanth13 Member Posts: 4
    Hi

Could you please send the dealer info to me also ?

ffmf13gmail.com

Nice Deal

Thanks
    Prasanth