Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Honda Accord Quality Control Issues

Comments

• jims55jims55 Member Posts: 9
    I have a 2k EX V6 bought new in Aug. 2000. I now have 12500 miles on it with no problems from day one. I see all the posts on V6 trans problems but, I have seen very few posts from people who have had the trans replaced. From my own experience, I believe most of the so called trans problems are normal. I support Isellhonds and value his input here.
  • mikefm58mikefm58 Member Posts: 2,882
    The internet is a wealth of information AND mis-information. I'll never forget the day I made an [non-permissible content removed] out of myself with my Isuzu Amigo that had moaning noise in the brakes when going in reverse. I found a few articles stating that the pads were on backward. When I showed one of these articles to the mechanic, he laughed me right out of his shop saying there was only one way to put these on.

As I've stated before when this forum started, only Honda knows the true reliability numbers of every part it puts in it's cars. For my money, Honda is still one of the best values out there.

My son has a Ford truck, sheesh, you should see the number of forums I've seen complaining of Ford quality.
  • briken9briken9 Member Posts: 8
    I have a 2001 EX V6 and have not experienced any clunking or abnormal noise when driving in reverse. I have, however, noticed that when I shift from any gear into Park, that SOMETIMES there is a clunking noise that just does not sound right. It feels like the shifter is dropping into gear rather that slipping into gear - if that makes sense. When I shift very slowly, there is no clunking noise. Is this the clunking noise people are ranting about?
  • jims55jims55 Member Posts: 9
    That's probably one of the noises complained about which in my opinion is normal.
  • isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    For awhile, I felt like I was surrounded by a gang of bullies!

I just try to tell things as I see them and do appreciate the support.

Thanks!
  • anselmo1anselmo1 Member Posts: 163
    This site is for quality assurance issues regarding Honda Accords that consumers have encountered after purchasing an Accord. Many of the problems regarding Honda's quality control regarding the generation V-6 Accord have been posted here to help other consumers with similar problems.

As far as me personally being a bully isellhondas, you are grossly mistaken. You point of view is appreciated to some degree but your denial of problems regarding Honda Accords is almost laughable at times. A case in point is the fuel sending unit problem regarding Accords. You mentioned that your dealership's service department has only seen two defective units. Come on, most see two or more defective units a day.

Your opinions are appreciated but the constant denial regarding quality assurance issues regarding Accords is crossing the line of reason.
  • silvercoupesilvercoupe Member Posts: 326
    I have the following Accords:

1991 with 151k miles
    1997 with 75k miles
    2000 with 19k miles

Have never had a fuel sending unit problem.

Never even heard about it until this forum.

Honda makes an excellent car for the money, IMHO.

I just don't see the quality drop that people are talking about after 1998. My 2000 appears just as well built as the 1997, maybe better.
  • lugwrenchlugwrench Member Posts: 213
    I suggest everyone read Honda Accord Problems Part II and note the fuel sending unit problems as well as the V-6 Transmission problems posted.

I guess the 6th generation Accords just seem to have more problems than previous generations. Honda has taken steps to cut corners on their once high standards.

Just look at the Honda Accord LX 5th generation exhaust and muffler and compare it to a Honda Accord LX 6th generation's exhaust system. You will see what I mean by cutting corners. Enough said.

Silvercoupe--regarding your gas gauge/fuel sending unit, you are definitely one of the lucky ones.

isellhondas--I don't agree with you on 90% of your replies. Consider yourself lucky I agree with you 10% of the time.
  • dkrabdkrab Member Posts: 77
    Isell does sometimes have an optimists viewpoint, but he's rational. Lugwrench, on the other hand, rarely posts a positive note. I guess that makes it balanced.

I have had 94, 96 and 98 Accords, and my sis has a 2000 Ody. Other sis has a 96 Accord, and nephew has a 94. Dad has a 94 Civic. Not one has had fuel gauge accuracy problems. Not to say it isn't a legitimate issue, it's just not quite as prevalent as some may have us believe. Like Isell stated, the sky is not falling. Honda makes a very good product for the money. In my experience, quality has been better with my later models. I had the most nagging problems with the 94. I would deduce that quality hasn't really gotten better or worse, overall.
  • hondasmondahondasmonda Member Posts: 28
    I have religiously serviced my car at one of the busiest dealerships in the Toronto area. I speak with the Service Techs and Managers all the time. I get their thoughts on variety of topics relating to Honda. Two common responses from these surprisingly candid individuals is as follows:

(1) Honda's quality has truly slipped in the last 5 or 6 years. Building them in North America, brings North American build quality problems a la GM, FORD, and CHRYSLER.

(2) Don't ever buy an Accord V6 Automatic because there is a serious design flaw with the Automatic. They must get over 50-60 service calls a week relating to this model. They tell me the Prelude and the CR-V are well-built cars (for your info- both made in Japan).

Sorry, Isellhondas, I trust and appreciate the comments from people who actually work on the cars and have no pecuniary interest. I think most people would agree that they have more credibility.
  • dc_sports_ruledc_sports_rule Member Posts: 134
    I agree with Hondasmonda on all the points he just covered. Honda quality has slipped in North America.

The Honda Accord V-6 does have design flaws and is very problematic. The service technicians at my Honda dealership have also communicated this point to me. I actually considered buying a V-6 coupe until I heard all the negatives regarding the transmission.

I agree that Honda's Japanese made autos are far superior to those produced in North America. The Japanese still take pride in what they produce.

isellhondas must be living in OZ. A salesman not knowing about Hondas V-6 automatic transmission problems is quite interesting to say the least.

I would listen to a mechanic any day at my Honda dealership as compared to a Honda salesman regarding quality assurance problems that the new Accords are facing.

Simply put, "Hondas are not what they use to be"!
  • stevepakestevepake Member Posts: 21
    WHAT V6 AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION PROBLEMS?!!?!?!?!?

Yes, there were two (2) issues with them, ALL OF WHICH HAVE BEEN FIXED VIA RECALLS AND/OR TSB'S!!!!

The rest of the supposed "v6 tranny problems" are NORMAL SOUNDS of an automatic transmission, and the other "alleged problem" posts are PARANOIA from the previous issues that have already been fixed.

To those of you considering an Accord V6, have no fear about tranny reliability issues. Yes, there were some, but have been LONG FIXED.

I moderate a forum at SuperHonda.org specifically for ACCORD V6 owners, and this is the largest Accord V6 forum on the Internet. There have been no unexplained auto tranny problems from our members. Some have problems, but are fixed by the TSB's and are all KNOWN issues on SOME Accord V6's.

Many of our members have modifications on their engines such that they're making close to 250HP (up 50 from stock) and they have not had ANY automatic transmission problems either.

The only V6 tranny problems we ever hear about are from people with 98's that never got the TSB done and now 4+ years later the tranny is finally giving out because it never got fixed, and then once in awhile we have some people with the MY2000 problem which affected a SMALL number of cars, and is also fixable and a KNOWN ISSUE.

There are currently NO WIDESPREAD or REAL V6 tranny issues with Accord V6's.

My 2001 Accord V6 is perfectly fine.
  • timadamstimadams Member Posts: 294
    Although the value of anecdotes is questionable, I'll join in and say I have a 98 V6 and have had no problems with the transmission. Perhaps there are different noises under different conditions, but hardly any 'clunks' that concern me.

On the other hand, I had one fuel sending unit replaced at 7,000 miles and the replacement is bad now. Even when I fill the tank, the fuel gauge only goes up to 3/4 full, and shows erratic readings until the tank is almost empty (it does seem to indicate empty correctly). I reset my tripometer when I fill up and go by it rather than the fuel gauge. I plan on calling my dealer and having it fixed again.

So, vote me no and yes on the "recurring problems". And don't dismiss Isell so easily. It is, in fact, human nature to escalate or even create a problem that someone else has pointed out that you should look for.
    Hopefully people will believe you and not the hand wringers tales of doom...after all, they can't accuse you of being a (gasp) honda salesperson.

Anselmo...please don't misquote me. I didn't say that I had only heard of *two* fuel sending unit problems.

Let me try to recreate the conversation I had with one of our long time Service Advisors one evening...

ME: I've read of troubles with fuel sending units. Are these causing problems?

HIM: Fuel tank sending units?

ME: Yeah, I hear these are causing lots of problems.

HIM: Well...not really. We've replaced a few of them I guess.

ME: so, this isn't a big deal?

HIM: no, not at all.
    ================================================

That is how the conversation went. He had no reason to lie to me.

NOW...it's also possible that some people are bothered by what doesn't bother other people and have demanded that their irratic gas guage be fixed.

I do know that on my 99 V-6 coupe, the gas guage reads empty when there is still something like five gallons left. To ME, this isn't a "problem".

It's just the way the guage reads. I know this, and consider it somthing of a safety net.

Would a new sending unit "fix" this "problem".

Perhaps, but I don't care. Others might.

Now, timadams, in my opinion, DOES have a problem if the guage only registers 3/4 with a full tank.

That, I would get fixed.
  • briken9briken9 Member Posts: 8
    Is there a place on the web that lists all TSBs and recal info for Accords? If not, how can one get them?
    For a complete listing of TSB and Recalls, go to:

http:// www.nhtsa.dot.gov/car/

I suggest isellhondas spend some time at this site to find out what really is going on regarding Honda Quality Assurance issues. Welcome to the real world isellhondas.

Fuel sending units---the reason the gas gauge is only indicating 3/4 of tank is the ongoing problem that Honda has yet to correct. Is it a supplier or engineering problem or a little of both? Its there and it hasn't been corrected since 1994!

Bullies---I got to admit, the first salesman that felt that he was being bullied. Now that's a first that I will always remember. Sorry isellhondas but I am laughing as I type.

• bburton1bburton1 Member Posts: 395
    Are any Accord's sold in the US still made in Japan. I have a Japan built 97 LX and nada problemo. I can just see the dealer adding a markup for Japan built vehicles.
    Not that you will believe this...but...

Since 1998, all new Hondas are delivered with a full tank of gas. When we deliver these cars, one of the things I check is the gas guage reading.

If the cars have been driven a bit and the guage doesn't register full, we have a lot attendant run the car to the corner station and top off the tank.

I have literally sold and delivered HUNDREDS of new Hondas since 1998 and have yet to see one guage that didn't read full.

Nor have I heard from another salesperson that this was the case.

Must be a hell of a problem....!
  • mikefm58mikefm58 Member Posts: 2,882
    That this forum is turning into too much mis-information. I read several Honda forums and this is by far the most negative against Honda. I'm convinced that some of you negative folks are intentionally spreading negative information, maybe you're Toyota salesman.
    I own an Accord and I can tell you outright that I do not work for Toyota. My opinion here is that Hondas have slipped over the past 4 years.

Some people are afraid what they read and immediately go into the "defensive mode"! To deny a problem is human nature but when your car has a problem it usually results in a trip to the shop.

A Honda salesman is always going to defend their product even if it has known faults. Good example of this is the quality plagued Honda Passport built by Izuzu. The vehicles has more problems and this is indicated in Consumer Reports.

People just have to take the good with the bad!
    Two or few, what difference does it make isellhondas. I would consider "few" either 2, 3 or 4 so I gave you the benefit.

This is not a Honda bashing topic but it is a topic that is suppose to expose quality assurance problems regarding Honda Accords. This is being done to help the Accord owner and not hinder him.

A few of you are taking it as personal assaults regarding your Accords. Mind you, I DO OWN AN ACCORD and do not work as a salesman for Toyota!

Let's discuss quality control issues like the topic suggests.
  • jbarbuto1jbarbuto1 Member Posts: 7
    I just bought a former lease 98' Accord LX 4 cylinder with only 15,000 miles on it (for only $13,500). I just got the 30k service due to age of the vehicle and concern over knock and ping. I get the knock and ping noise unless I use high octane gas (90+). Honda suggested using Techron by Chevron (gas treatment), but after two treatments, I still have the noise under slightly above average throttle load and especially before gear changes. The noise is crazy making! Honda doesn't have an answer and I have no engine warning lights. Any ideas out there??? Am I going to have to use expensive high octane gas forever??

I also have the knock at start up. Should I worry about this?
  • fritz1224fritz1224 Member Posts: 398
    Just for your information, the v6 tranny is Japanese. Your enthusiasm for Japanese cars is not misplaced but how can you explain a supposedly problematic tranny being made(and designed) by them?
    50 or 60 a week, huh. Yeah they must be a busy place. Six day work week means 8 to 10 a day. It's getting awful deep, better put my waders back on. You sure it's not 500 or 600 a week?
  • fritz1224fritz1224 Member Posts: 398
    When you say all new hondas are delivered with a full tank of gas are you referring to delivery from the dealer to the customer or from the manufacturer to the dealer? Mine only had 2 miles on it when I went to test drive and they had to put gas in it in order to do it. Only after I purchased it did they fill it up.
    I wouldn't think your cars sit on the lot with full tanks.
    And just because the gauge reads full doesn't mean it will be accurate thru its entire range as fuel is used.
  • jmbiondojmbiondo Member Posts: 1
    I noticed a few e-mails written last month concerning Honda paint. I was wondering if someone could shed a little light on my problem. I bought a black 2000 Accord Coupe last August. Several months ago I noticed these swipe marks on my bumber which I figured were from a large truck with a rubber bumber that bumped my car when I was parked somewhere. I can't get the marks out, but it looks like rubber was rubbed across it. No dents, scratches, etc. Just this morning I looked at my car and noticed that my spoiler now has the same markings, and now I think it may have something to do with the paint. Does anyone have any suggestions?
    The cars arrive from Honda with barely enough gas to get us to the corner station. Evey dealership probably does things a bit differently.

We immediately take the cars to the gas station as soon as they are unloaded so, yes, all of our new cars are sitting on the lot with full tanks.

And, you are correct. No gas guage is totally linear in it's accuracy. They are not precision instruments. That's good enough for me.
  • maq4463maq4463 Member Posts: 45
    bburton1,

Yes, Accords are still bing built and sold in U.S along with American built. I spent almost six month last year to help my sister research and buy 01 Japanese built Accord. We did not had any problem finding one and are very happy with the decision.

If you have eyes to see, you can figure out the difference in quality and fit and finish. When U.S built Accord uses same suppliers who supply to G.M. or any other U.S. manyfacturer ther is bound to be a difference in over all quality of the product. Why is that most American models don't hold their value after four/five years?

I strongly agree with the posts who are suggesting that Honda has slipped in quality our past 4 years. Like I said I researched extensively when buying my sisters Accord and sat and drove atleast 7-8 different models and manufacturers. You can feel the difference immediately when you sit and drive a good quality car.

Choose whatever you like, we choose Japan built and are very happy and satisfied with our decision. No wind noice, can't say about auto trans. b/c our is 5spd. Although the check engine light has come on after 7200 Miles which was shocking, will have it checked next week.

I am still driving 90 Accord made in Japan, 5spd with 173000 miles. Other than couple of auxiliry thing no major break down has ever happened. In my opinion the quality that Accord used to have, say 7-8 years ago, has been transferred to upscale luxury models, i.e. Acura's. Although I will still not buy American built Acura, that my decision, you have every right to disagree with it. Take care
    I totally disagree. I have seen, sold, driven and inspected literally THOUSANDS of Accords and have been unable to detect even one twit of difference between the US and Japan built cars.

Personally I think it's a placebo effect.
    I do understand that the V-6 transmission is made in Japan. With the track record of the Accord V-6, I wouldn't buy the vehicle.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy a Japanese I-4 Accord
    as the quality of workmanship is much better than its US manufactured counterpart. Fit and Finish is far superior. As far as a placebo effect regarding the Accord, the Japanese built version would be my first preference.

The Japanese still have a "higher standard" in the manufacture of automobiles whether it be Honda, Toyota or Nissan. The Honda worker in Ohio isn't in the same league with his Japanese counterpart.

isellhondas--did you sell Hondas ten years ago? If you didn't, there is no way you can compare the 2001 Accord's quality as compared to the 1991 Accord. It is like comparing apples to oranges.

Just thought I would relay my 2 cents.
  • carguy62carguy62 Member Posts: 545
    So isell if someone wants a Japanese built Honda would you get one for them? I've scoured the dealers in my area and haven't found that VIN beginning with J. I'll keep looking.

Also if people think the US built cars are inferior compared to Japanese built, wait 'till the UK produced vehicles start coming over. I may be interested in an '02 CR-V but no way will I buy it if it's made in jolly old England.
  • mdamesmdames Member Posts: 79
    I have owned a 2000 EXV6 sedan for one year. It has 13,000 miles on it. I love the car. It has performed wonderfully. I've had no transmission problems, or really any significant problems at all. The car is solid to the max. However, I do think the paint quality is not what it used to be. I am meticulous about caring for the paint. I park very carefully and will never drive behind a large truck (pebbles!). I have several chips in the paint on the front end. This is more than I have experienced with previous Hondas, and I live and drive in the same areas. Other than the paint, the car has been outstanding.
    I suggest you compare a Japanese Accord with an Ohio built version. The first thing you will notice in a comparison is the fit and finish. The Japanese Accord will have better fit and finish all the way around.
  • tcpip1tcpip1 Member Posts: 121
    I heard that Japan-made cars have better paint quality than those made in the US. Due to EPA regulations, some paint ingredients cannot be used in the US, thus making the paint "weak." Is that true?
  • robr2robr2 Member Posts: 8,805
    My understanding is that paint used in North America has to meet more stringent environmental regulations than in other parts of the world. Paint today is water based rather than solvent based and manufacturers now apply it more thinly to improve fuel economy (paint is pretty heavy).

IIRC reading in another board here that the typical thickness of the primer, paint, and clearcoat on the average car is less than the thickness of 2 sheets of newsprint.

I wouldn't be suprised to discover that Honda uses the same standards for painting all over the world. Although cars may come from different places to the US, they still need to be repaired here. Additionally, Honda is mass market - it's cheaper for them to standardize on one kind of paint from one manufacturer.
    I will preface this by saying I have never owned nor driven a Japanese built Honda. I had a 91 Marysville Accord and now have a 98 Marysville Accord and 00 Alliston Odyssey.

Why would Honda allow the North American plants to have a lower quality level than the Japanese plants? All the products and manufacturing processes are designed to meet a certain expectation of quality. We North Americans seem to have that certain expectation from Honda/Toyota. Since NA is Honda's biggest market, why would they let the plants produce product lower than the level of expectation the customer has. Honda has exported these North American vehicles back to Japan and to Europe as well.

Is my 98 better than my 91? Maybe not better, but I wouldn't say worse. More complex, yes. More features, yes. More troublesome, Nope - not at all. In my 3 years of ownership, I have had 4 warranty items only one of which was more than minor (something called a vent shut valve replaced). My 91 had similar results.

As for the British made CRV - remember, Honda has a lot riding on this product line. It is a new model and it takes a ton of confidence to bring a new product from a plant in a country stereotyped for less than perfect quality.

Remember, quality is based on statistical analysis and expectations. Honda must have a standard all plants must attain. I think the American manufacturers have raised their quality level and we all think Honda stay ahead by the same level. At least Honda was there in the beginning.
  • dash400mdash400m Member Posts: 55
    robr2: Excellent Posting.

Deming in my opinion is the master of quality control. Many of you may already know that he spent a number of years in Japan during the 50's. As a result of his (at least in part) and other Japanese influences (including Dr. Noriak Kano), the economic transformation of the Japanese economy prevailed. You have to wonder if companies like Honda benefited directly, although Honda's history goes way back prior to World War II. I think Honda probably did benefit.

Wait a minute! I'm looking under the hood of my '85 Civic Wagon, and I believe I see Deming's autograph on the valve cover. That's it, "W. Edward Deming!" And geeezzz, I've been trying to get that ^%&^%$ Ohio Buckeye beer can out of my '98 Accord's exhaust for three years!

robr2: your arguments are well stated, but empirically, I do agree that the Japanese have a better handle on quality control issues. I still don't understand why the American automotive industry didn't embrace Dr. Deming. My vote goes to Honda Motor Company of Japan.

Thank you, Mr. Soichiro Honda.
    Yes, I am making some assumptions with regards to Honda's processes and expectations. But having worked in multinational manufacturing organizations, I have found that maintaining a constant level of quality across plants is far easier to do than differing levels.

Yes, I believe that the Japanese have a better handle on quality. Acceptance of Deming and willingness to adapt has been one of Japan's competitive advantages. But for what is considered an insular society, isn't it pretty amazing that they were willing make capital investments in nations where low quality was the norm? This only shows that the methods can be successfully implemented, so long as the workforce is willing to accept the methods. Yes Honda (and Japan, Inc.) has had to make exceptions to the ways which they believe leads to quality, but overall it has proven successful here and has brought the level of all automakers in NA up.

Have Honda's quality levels slipped or has our level of expectation risen so high? Is there such a thing as perfect quality?
    It is nice to hear this topic discussed in an intelligent manner. Obviously, a Japanese built Accord will have far superior quality control standards than those manufactured in Ohio.

I have always contended that the fit and finish of the Japanese manufactured Accord is of higher quality control standards. The easiest way to determine this is to compare fit and finish on the Honda lot. You will be surprised since the Japanese standards are more detailed orientated.

When I buy my next Accord, I will definitely buy a Japanese produced version.
  • dash400mdash400m Member Posts: 55
    robr1: I agree with what you're saying, and yes, North American automotive labor has the ability to perform. We certainly performed prior to 1973. You summarized it well by saying, "This only shows that the methods can be successfully implemented, so long as the workforce is willing to accept the methods."

anselmo1: You said it all with respect to Japanese fit and finish, and detail orientation.

I don't believe that Honda of Japan quality levels have slipped. Maybe it's more of an issue as to whether or not Honda of America is meeting standard. And yes, expectations are high, and I'm not sure what perfect quality is. I will say that my '85 Civic, '89 Civic and '98 Accord have been maintained by two oustanding mechanics. These mechanics, along with forum mechanics like auburn63 keep them "running."

Speaking of Running... America does have the best 400m runners in the world! I'm not one of them, but as an older fart, I'm still trying. Now let me get out of here and hit the track to race those snails. Keep posting.
    I hope isellhondas reads these latest comments regarding quality control. As a salesman, insight of this nature could be very advantageous in completing the sale of a new Honda Accord.

This board is great conveying the "quality message" and what a customer should look for.
    Take heed isellhondas and pass the message along.

As far as running, I don't but I sure has heck would love to give an S-2000 a run around a Honda testing facility track.
    I totally agree regarding the Japanese produced Accord regarding paint quality. Higher standards in the Japanese plants with excellent follow through by the Japanese worker.

The worker in Ohio cannot meet the stellar standards as compared to the Japanese auto worker.

I would put money on it that the Japanese Honda salesman has far more insight in his product line as compared to the American salesman. Refute this statement if I am wrong isellhondas!

As far as the Japanese produced transmission in the V-6, I am sure that the supplier is working hard on correcting the problem.
    In the six years I've sold Hondas, I can remember two customers who wanted a Japan built Accord over one built in the U.S.

And I've sold hundreds and hundreds of them...

Therefore, the average Joe could care less about this issue which seems SO important to a couple of people here.

And I'll say it again. I cannot tell even the SLIGHTEST difference in quality between these cars.

Guess those who disagree must have more experience with Hondas than I do!
    I was going to ask you about the availability of them. I presume since you are there on the left coast you would get them. Every Accord I've seen here in northeast in recent memory is US made.

Do you really get many of them?
    I noticed yesterday at the local Honda dealer here in the Buffalo, NY area one Japanese Accord and the rest were manufactured in North America.
    It had the only vin number that began with the letter J.

This past December though, I counted 11 Japanese built Accords on the same lot. The reason I remember the number 11 is that I was having coffee with one of the salesman and we were walking around in the Accord area while my car was being serviced. He told me the month of December is usually when they receive the most Japanese built Accords.

Can anyone tell me one December is the month that Japanese Accords hit US lots?
    It seems like some of the early cars tend to be Japanese cars. I don't know about December but usually at the beginning of the model year is when we get them.

And...no, we see very few of them at all.
    Please read post 1433 on Honda Accord Problems Part II. It seems this is the norm!
    I can't believe that isellhondas didn't reply to post #247. The guy who bought the V-6 really sounds distraught. Isellhondas is giving it his old "ostrich treatment" by burying his head in the sand and hoping it all goes away.
    I'm hoping the regular readers here will be able to sort through your Honda bashing rubbish.

It should be pretty clear to even the most casual reader what your agenda is.

I didn't even read the post you are talking about.
    Not easy since these forums are no longer numbered!

Well, it sounds like that person had a defective transmission. It happens.

I'm sure the two of you would LOVE to believe that this is a horrible, widespread, ongoing problem that will only get worse with time. Sorry, this isn't the case.

An automatic transmission has hundreds of parts in it, any of which can fail on even the best of them. It can and will happen albeit it rarely.

Guess that's what warranties are for.
    I believe isellhondas is an excellent salesman. If you believe what he says, it happens "ocassionally" and then I would love to sell you the Brooklyn Bridge.

The readers here are intelligent and know when one acts like a "shill". Sorry isellhondas, I don't buy what you are telling us.

The V-6 transmission is troublesome since 1998 in all Accords. Read some of the posts from other readers regarding the infamous "clunk" and what happens shortly after that. Honda has a problem which they just haven't corrected!
This discussion has been closed.