Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• bosmikebosmike Member Posts: 9
    Being a EX-L with leather I can't imagine the "fabric" portion of that offer makes much sense. I'd be curious if they are including a Simoniz paint protection or just one of those plans where you can bring the car back for a minor ding/scratch to be repaired.

I'd say the 2nd and 3rd quotes are pretty close and reasonable.
  • radkeksradkeks Member Posts: 6
    Now that we're getting close to the right numbers for an 09 EXL res, I'm trying to make final decisions regarding any accessories. I can't get the idea of wood grain trim out of my mind. I guess I'm just looking for a big visual change from our 05 olive leather, so I'm not bored for another 3-4 yrs.

Has anyone seen any knockout color combos using the wood grain dashboard trim? What is the quality of Honda's trim, or should I go to an outside source? I'm comtemplating Blk/ ivory interior and wood dash. (Is that too 90's?) Or I've heard the pear Grey with grey int and dark wood dash is nice. Anyone seen this??

Thanks for you help.
  • lyaolyao Member Posts: 71
    I just quoted with Greg thru net.
    Here's the deals:

2009 Honda Odyssey EXL with Navi/DVD $30,310.
    2009 Honda Odyssey EXL with DVD only $28,321
    2009 Honda Odyssey EXL Touring without PAX $33,517
    Appearance Package is cost additional $495 (accessories, mudguards, & wheellocks).
    All the prices above are just the price without taxes, tags, freight, & processing fees).

Honda is now offering 2.9% for 36 months financing and 3.9 for 60 months financing though!

Do you think it's a good deal for buying the EXL with Navi/DVD?
    I'm looking to buy one around Memorial Weekend!
  • nodysseynodyssey Member Posts: 3
    While I was shopping for EX this week end, when I opened the glove box and looked at PDI report it was dated to 09/05/08 that means that particular vehicle was in dealer's lot since September 08. Also the Fuel cost estimate was made using $4.10 per gallon. Where as the van I bought had PDI report dated as 04/20/09 and Fuel cost estimate was made using $1.90 per Gallon.
  • minivanmom09minivanmom09 Member Posts: 6
    Congratulations! Where did you purchase? I've been shopping for the exact same vehicle and can't get a single dealer within a 4 hour radius of Austin, TX to go lower than Invoice ($37,347) minus $2500.

I'm getting so frustrated reading about everyone getting these great deals and I can't even come close.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.
  • cleverstarcleverstar Member Posts: 23
    Month end deal comes. Is this a good price in NJ/NY/CT tri-state area?
    Heard my friend easily got 08 EX for $23,000 last year, incl Destination Charge.
    What's the major diff between 08 and 09 version?
    Could you pls tell me which dealer ist that? I live in Northern VA, but it would be helpful to get the best deal before heading to dealers. Thanks!

Email: [email protected]
    Name: Lorraine Yao
    Why do we ask for VIN# before we go to dealer? What can we do with it?
  • cc8cc8 Member Posts: 8
    I think this is a good price if it also includes DVD and nav, otherwise it's a tad high.
  • peb307peb307 Member Posts: 5
    I live in CT and that appears to be a very good price. Can you tell me what Dealer you got that pricing from? I'm in the market for an 09 EX also. thanks
    It's in Northern Virginia (Tysons Corner Honda Dealer with Salesperson Greg Marlowski).
    I think the price is still high.
    The 2009 Honda Odyssey EXL with Navi/DVD OTD: $32,846.70
    The 2009 Honda Odyssey Touring without PAX OTD: $36156.40
    The above prices included: $495 appearance packages (accessories, wheel locks, mud guards), 3.17% taxes for Va residents, $66.50 tags, $299 processing fees, $670 Destination.

I wish to get the deal at least down to $30,000 OTD for EXL with Navi/dvd, still haven't try it yet though! I would also like to get the extended warranty either thru the local dealer or www.myhondawarranty.com (due to the poor rating reviews for reliabilities compared to Toyota Sienna).

Thanks!
  • girl007girl007 Member Posts: 4
    I'm in CALIFORNIA so sales tax is high. no dvd. can't find anyone to beat that price,,,
  • bikash007bikash007 Member Posts: 10
    I am divided between LX or EX. I am looking to spend just the right amount for a van with just enough features. I am leaning to a LX. I am trying to figure out what incremental value you get for an EX, for which you need to shell out 3K more. I have gone through the list of additional features. The only feature that seems to deliver additional value is the "power sliding doors". Other features are ok to have, but can live without them. I would like to hear from people who bought a LX or EX, as to what they think one should buy an EX paying another 3K more.
  • jaaronsjaarons Member Posts: 2
    09 Odyssey EX-L from Mike Patton Honda, LaGrange, GA
    RES+DVD Leather Seating, Rear Backup Camera, NO PAX
    MSRP was $37,000.00 or $38,000 (I can't recall)
    "No-Haggle" price on Windshield was $31,180.00, does not include TTL, or 7% GA Sales Tax. I think a good deal means I'm going to haggle and go lower!
    I estimate the OTD would be 33,362.60 if I paid the "No-Haggle" price.

I thought I saw others posting stating they paid OTD $27-28k for same model. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Driving Northbound I-85 just south of Atlanta I passed the largest Honda Mnf parking lot. Most of been at least 2,000 Odyssey vans parked along with with everything else.

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/03/16/former-ford-plant-home-to-thousands-of-unsold- - -hondas/2">link title
  • bosmikebosmike Member Posts: 9
    I just recently did the same thing to figure out if the extra features in the EX vs LX was for me. In the end I did go with an EX. Some of the key features (for me) that I found in the EX that are not in the LX:

- 8th seat (middle 2nd row/removable or fold-down when not needed)
    - Tri-zone Heat/AC controls
    - HomeLink system
    - Sunglass Holder + Conversation Mirror
    - 6 Disc CD changer
    - Power Doors
    - Heated Mirrors
    - Auto OFF headlamps
    - Power Driver Seat

There are some other features (i.e. radio controls on steering wheel) that were more minor to me. To me the power doors, power driver seat were the 2 major factors in going to the EX.

Also a followup to my purchase. I got the EX for $24,361 + TTL. I still don't have it in my driveway though! Dealer is being super cautious over the credit union draft I used last Wednesday to pay. Even though I've had numerous documents faxed and 3-way phone calls between my credit union and the dealership they are still convinced they need to hold onto the vehicle for a full 10 business days to ensure the check is good. This was NOT a personal check either... but a pre-approved draft check good for up to $27k for purchase of a new vehicle.
  • dad2bedad2be Member Posts: 60
    I agree with bosmike, with the addition of the exterior appearance. The EX has the alloy wheels and the body-colored side mirrors, door handles, and side mouldings - these are black on the LX. The EX looks much cleaner and upscale in my opinion. The must have for the wife was the 6CD changer. I priced out just adding alloys and a 6CD changer as accessories to the LX, but then it was within $1k of the EX price. For $1k, all the extras described by bosmike seemed like a great value so we went with the EX. The power side doors and climate control are already turning into "must haves" if we ever need to buy another van down the line.
    I believe $23999 (including destination) is the lowest East-Coast post I've seen for an EX this month, so you're right in line with that. The 2008 Odyssey that your friend got was likely $1k cheaper because the dealer marketing incentive was $3500 at the end of 2008. It's at $2500 now on the 2009s - it's been getting slightly better every month, so it may change again in May.
  • chereyachereya Member Posts: 11
    "I thought I saw others posting stating they paid OTD $27-28k for same model. Please correct me if I'm wrong."

You're way off. Check prior posts #22257, 22258, 22270, 22285, 22289, 22304. Just check through the past few pages of this thread and you may find info that's more relevant to your location.
    Hi jaarons. I don't think I've seen anything that low posted here for EXL with RES and NAV. The MSRP for that is $37625 and the invoice is ~$34139 including destination. Take invoice and subtract the $2500 dealer incentive and $739 holdback and you're at $30900. Folks here have been reporting even further discounts down to ~$30k (including destination) plus TTL. You won't get to $27-28k OTD for this model (as least not this month...)
  • mommobile4mommobile4 Member Posts: 1
    Just purchased a 2009 EX-L from Inver Grove Honda. Price was $27600 before ttl. They beat all other Twin Cities dealer quotes. Next best price was from a dealer in Eau Claire, WI at $27900. Very happy with the transaction.
  • tc2009tc2009 Member Posts: 7
    Hello,
    Anyone out there in San Francisco Bay area shopping shopping for 2009 Odyssey EX-L?
    Can you please post the prices you have obtained from the dealers?
    Anyone purchased this vehicle recently also please post the dealership and best price.
    So far I have received one quote from Anderson Honda for $27988 + tax

Thanks
    Ok, since I'm not in a hurry need of a van, I'll wait another couple of months and see how much cheaper I can get, I'm sure the best incentives will come after summer.
  • udahmanudahman Member Posts: 4
    EX-L Prices:
    $27,750 from Livermore
    $27,842 from Dublin and Berkeley.

Let me know what you decide to do.
  • girl007girl007 Member Posts: 4
    i fought tooth and nail amoung san diego dealers to get a price below 27,799 before tax and license. Also, included mud guards, trunk tray, wheel locks. ( worth 300.00 total)Really there was no one wanting to touch it for less. the best I could get thrown in was a couple free oil changes... So, I assume for the area it was a great deal.
  • radkeksradkeks Member Posts: 6
    We're trying to resist pressure to buy tomorrow, when dealer says cash back will go away. Since we're only $900 under invoice, I don't think our current deal is that great. Makes me want to take our chances for next month. But don't want to get @#$%%^!

BTW - We've been offered lease payment based on $31,250 for an EX-L RES. What do you think?
  • advenadven Member Posts: 1
    Not lowest yet. I got mine $23,770 out the door. With 6% NJ tax and $200 doc fees, my total was $25,400. Tried to ask for free trunk tray and wheel locks but failed. After driving it two weeks, and comparing it with my friends' sienna LE AWD, I kind of like the AWD feeling of toyota ... I wish Honda could've also added this AWD feature.
    After much deliberation I decided to go with LX. I am going to use it as a commuting car and will put a lot of miles. So just stuck to basic model. I am very happy I got the color, Mocha, I was looking for. Got it from Liberty Honda at Hartford, CT.

Price: 21,500
    Dealer Conveyance: 399
    Sales Tax: 1313
    OTD: 23,385

I got two free oil changes with this. What do you guys think about the price? Sounds like an ok price? Not many dealers had the color I was looking for. So did not bother bargaining too much.
    Yep, that's the winner so far. Looks like invoice minus the $2500 incentive minus the $589 holdback minus an additional $500. Unless you had a trade-in, this indicates the dealers must be getting additional incentives to make these deals happen - perhaps if their volumes are high enough? Just speculating. Congrats on your great deal!
  • chuquechuque Member Posts: 6
    We just bought an EX-L on Tuesday from San Leandro Honda. Sales price was $27,500. Car was on the lot two weeks, and had 7 miles on it (both important to me). Stevens Creek Honda were also offering the same price. We went with San Leandro at the end of the day because it was about 20 miles closer for us (we live in Stockton).

If you are willing to travel to Sac, Mel Rapton was offering me $27,000. Nobody could touch that. The offer was initially for $27,3XX in email, and then I worked it to $27,000 if we went that day (this was Sunday). This was before we finalized on a color, which was even more attractive. We drove there and realized the one we wanted had been on the lot for 9 months, although it only had ~20 miles. The biggest reason we ended up not getting it was because my wife ended up not liking the color (white). And they didn't have our new color choice (dark cherry) in a plain EXL. I wonder if all of their Odys have been there a while, and thus the unbeatable price.

At the end of the day for us, a few hundred dollors was worth our top color pick and an (almost) brand-new, fresh van.

FYI: I first looked up every dealer's inventory online to see if they had white or red, and then called each one. I got quotes from Serramonte, Dublin, Larry Hopkins, Vacaville, Redwood City, and Mike Harvey. (In that order of best offer to worst)

I'd be glad to share contacts at any of these places if you want.

Hope this helps.
  • atxodysatxodys Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

Congratulations! That sounds like a good deal. What's your final drive out price? I am in Austin, TX and the lowest price I got quoted so far is $28615; Drive Out $30639.

atxodys
  • rileydogrileydog Member Posts: 7
    I can only imagine incentives getting better, last year they had great lease deals during May and June. The money factor was something like .000117. I have been offered the EXL-RES in VA for 30,000 + TTL, is your price OTD? I think the incetives will change on May 5th, you may want to hold off.
  • bigdadi118bigdadi118 Member Posts: 1,207
    For the Ody ... the main things to pay attention are soft brake(air in fluid) some reportedly it's a TSB fix, and pre-matured tranny failure. These can be taken care of with Honda Care Extended Warranty online, 8yr/120k, 0 deductable about $1,200.

Another thing I don't like the Ody is noise level, wind/road noise. The new Ody noise level is noisy as my ex- 7 yrs old Ford Taurus.
    Wow, great deal. Can you tell me the dealer that gave you this pricing in NJ and how long ago did you buy? Were they easy to work with? thanks
    I live in CT and am interested in the EX. In your dealings with Liberty Honda did they give you pricing for the EX and if so can you share them here? Thanks
  • tarugstarugs Member Posts: 16
    Prices in TX are high compared to other states. I've been in this forum for some time now checking out posts of closed deals and I have not seen any from TX that is comparable to the best ones here.
    Thanks for sharing the info. Question: What is the significance of how long the car has been sitting in their lot? Is it the longer it sits, the cheaper the price? I'm in Hayward so Sacramento is a bit far. Although I do prefer white.
    Here are the prices of Odyssey EX that I received:
    $24,299 Livermore
    $24,300 Dublin
    $24,350 Larry Hopkins Sunnyvale
    $24,539 Berkeley
    $24,598 Fremont
    $24,788 Anderson Palo Alto
    $24,988 San Leandro
    $24,995 Capitol San Jose

It's over $3k less than EXL if you can give up the moon roof, leather, and DVD option. I'm not sure what else.
  • sunday6sunday6 Member Posts: 3
    Okay so I pulled the trigger yesterday and this is what I got from Lute Riley honda in Richardson.
    selling price: $27,720 (cherry red)
    OTD: $29,642 (6.25% tax + Title+lice..)
    It has the standard extras... floormats, cargo tray,door edge protector, 1 free oil change and full gas tank etc...

There was only 1 with this color in my 50 mile radius(I looked at 12 dealers and none had this color). I also saw the sheet that the salesman had (it was on the lot for only 3 days), some had 240 days on it. Tarugs and atxodys, this might not be the $27k deal people are getting but for Texas, I think it is pretty good.

I had such a bad experience at David Mcdavid Honda of Frisco. I was driving to Bankston Honda to do the paperwork because they were ready at OTD $29,400 for a white(they dont have a red) when the salesman at David Mcdavid Honda of Frisco called and said that he can get the red one for this price if I come in right away. I was happy but as soon as I landed in Frisco, this internet sales lady came with a $31,500 quote for red. I was stunned, then the manager came and started yelling at me about who gave you the $29,400 quote. It was pathetic, then the salesguy who called me came up and said, I never promised you the red car. I really want people who are shopping to be aware of these crooks. Very unprofessional, I just walked out.

I cant find any logic to why the salesguy even called me when he cant offer the right color or the right price and then everyone starts yelling at me!

Finally, we paid the extra($242) to get $29,642 at Lute Riley honda. The sales guy and general manger were great but the finance lady was a @#$%@. It felt as if she wanted me to buy the entire store as an accessory along with the car (not to mention the 3.99% as opposed to 3.9%...beware!).

The Mrs is very happy with the new car. It looks pretty big in the garage compared to her Infiniti M35. I cant thank you all enough for this great blog. Good luck to ya all!
    I would say that prices in Texas are higher also. I lived in Houston for 23 years before the last 4 in CA. I think it's all a matter of supply and demand. In TX I think more people buy minivans, and more people are still buying minivans in the current economy. For another example, most of the dealers in the CA central valley (where I think the economy is hitting residents harder) have much fewer cars, especially minivans, than in the Bay Area.

Anyway, our driveout was something like $30,3XX, don't remember exactly. The drive out is not comparable also, since in CA you pay your local sales tax rate, where in TX I believe sales tax for cars is a fixed 6.5% or something like that? And DMV (or DPS) fees would vary as well.

Hope this helps!
    UDahman: Mechanically, there is probably no difference in a car that has been sitting on the lot a long time. I think most of it is probably cosmetic. For example, if a car has been on the lot since September, it's gone through a winter (lots of rain, potential hail), and it's gone through a lot of people climbing in and out of it, possibly test driving it, and just messing with it.

For example, the one that we passed on had a few scratches on the finish of the consol. These were the kind of scratches that couldn't be taken out. Also, the interior was just much dirtier overall, with a lot of stains that would probably be tough to get out as well (looked like some oil, grease from bottom of shoes).

But yes, I would think the longer dealers have cars that sit there, the better price you can negotiate. The dealer just wants to move the cars since they pay monthly to have them sit there.

Again, if you don't mind the drive, call them up first and get the numbers down (make sure they email you price and OTD price so you can print out and bring with you), and then take a trip this weekend to Sac...it's not too far if you know what's waiting for you! And the deal is worth the trip!

Or, you can go to Stevens Creek and try to see if he'll sell you a white (they had one) for $27,500. That was the offer I got from them.

Let me know if I can be of any more help.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,142
    A tv reporter is hoping to talk with victims of automotive scams and ripoffs in the greater Seattle area. If you have a story to share, please email [email protected] no later than May 15, 2009 and be sure to note your daytime contact information and a few words about your experience.
    Thanks,
    Jeannine Fallon
    Corporate Communications
    Edmunds.com

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• mismithmismith Member Posts: 1
    Well...great forums here everyone! I have been a lurker for years.

Going today to pick up an 09 Ocean Mist EX-L from Courtesy Honda in Sanford FL (just north of Orlando).

Submitted a quote request from Edmunds and got 5 competing quotes, Courtesy's being the best "real" OTD quote and it was the first quote to arrive in my inbox.

Internet guys seems nice, hopefully the deals remains as quoted once we get on site later today.

Will provide update on price and experience shortly.
    I did not get an EX pricing from them. But usually they give you a good price.
    If you go to this link, it shows that dealer cost for the EXL is $27190. If you click on the "Table" tab, it does not factor in the incentive. So when you subtract the $2500 cash incentive they are getting, the dealer cost goes down to $24,690. If that info is correct, I think we should be able to get a price under $27,000.

http://truecar.com/release/report/2009_Honda_Odyssey_4dr_Wagon_EX-L.html?colorIn- - fo=Mocha%20Metallic,Olive,33825.0000,0,2009%20Honda,Odyssey,4dr%20Wagon%20EX-L,2- - 009_Honda_Odyssey_Mocha_Metallic.jpg&trimId=307872&modelId=18818&zipcode=94552
  • arippenarippen Member Posts: 1
    Just about to pull the trigger on a EX-L w/ RES. Best price I've been quoted is $27,781. Has anyone heard/seen/received something better?

Is there any reason to wait until late in May to buy the car? Anyone aware of any new incentives coming out?

Thanks!
    I saw somewhere on this board that Honda is announcing incentives in May. I will wait a few more days.
    A dealer told me that Honda does not offer dealer installed DVD system and if you want one it has to be an aftermarket DVD system ($995-$1095). Is that true? Hard to believe Honda does not offer a DVD system.
    Costco Auto Buying Program is b.s. It's sound like a scam to me! The Honda Company that Costco dealt with in my area is Fairfax Honda. The rep there so far had not replied to me yet. When I called the dealer, none of the reps was there. The rep who answered the phone called did not even want to give me a price quote for Honda Odyssey EXL with Navi/dvd or Touring without PAX. He kept on telling me to show in person in order to get the best price quote. It sounds like a trap! All they wanna do is trying to keep you there all day and force you to buy with their prices (so that you can't go to any other dealer and compared)! Very disappointed!
    I would give the Fairfax Honda Dealer, Fairfax, VA a grading of 1 (if 1 is the lowest rating and 10 is the highest rating for Sales Services). :mad:
    If you are in the curve plot and put your mouse over the "actual dealer cost" price of $27190 is says that this already includes "holdbacks and applicable dealer incentives." The $2500 falls into this category, so it is already accounted for. It also says these figures are "estimated," whatever that means. Still seems like invoice minus the $2500 minus the 2% holdback minus several hundred additional $$$ - in line with most of the prices posted here.
  • chooch3chooch3 Member Posts: 5
    Not sure why the dealer told you that. Honda offers a DVD or rear entertainment system (RES) as an option for the EX-L and standard for Touring.