Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• bigdadi118bigdadi118 Member Posts: 1,207
    It is great price for EXL, even not incl dest chg. Of course included is even better.
  • longboat2008longboat2008 Member Posts: 18
    For that price I can't even get an EX in Buffalo. Can you share the dealer name and phone number? My email is lu_bmu at yahoo.com
  • badtaamiz_2000badtaamiz_2000 Member Posts: 24
    Vjpen,

This is good price even if it does not include destination cost. $24,288 EXL base price. Is it brand new and watch out for bait and switch.

can you provide the dealer & sales rep name?

please forward your quote to me at badtaamiz_2000@hotmail.com

i would buy this car today at this price in Maryland.

thank you
  • ilanailana Member Posts: 25
    Great price ! where are you located? Ask them for OTD price with break down.
  • pray4allpray4all Member Posts: 15
    i bet you have typo in the msg.

it got to be EX, not EXL

no way EXL could be that cheap
  • top_bananatop_banana Member Posts: 1
    OK, what do you guys think about these prices:

2009 Odyssey EX-L with Rear Entertainment system, no Navigation.

Price is Out the Door for Virginia registration.

Dealers are all over northern VA, Maryland and southern PA.

OTD Dealer
    $29,750 Independence Honda PA
    $29,830 Northwest Honda
    $30,049 Sport Honda
    $30,174 Heritage Honda Westminster
    $30,445 Pohanka
    $30,489 Criswell
    $30,546 Faulkner Honda PA
    $30,599 Brown's Arlington
    $30,638 Hendrick Honda
    $30,766 Sheehy
    $30,768 Koons
    $31,062 Fairfax
    $31,312 Antrim Way Honda
    $31,619 Landmark Honda
    $31,978 Hagerstown
    $32,356 Lehigh Valley
  • decondecon Member Posts: 56
    Try Shockley(Frederick) and Hersons(Rockville) internet department too.
  • conezonemanconezoneman Member Posts: 2
    I have been getting prices that have been incomparable to other listings here. What have others found in San Diego or Orange County? I found one offer for $28,500.
  • newyearnewcarnewyearnewcar Member Posts: 24
    I agree. I took in this thing that stated that someone got a quote of $23,800 for the EX trim level and the dealership said that there was no way, that the dealership would be loosing money. In this case, either the owner has gone wacko, or they are ready to close their doors.
  • lyaolyao Member Posts: 71
    Hey top_banana,

Wow! You did a lot of research! Excellent!
    Personally, I wouldn't go to Sport Honda or Landmark Honda.
    Do you have the quotes for EXL RN?
    Let me know after you got the quotes from Herson's Honda.
    Thanks!
  • dalian88dalian88 Member Posts: 7
    Thanks for your quick reponse. Does your purchse price include NAVI ? Little confused with post #22692 -discussion title
  • cc8cc8 Member Posts: 8
    Here's the deal we finally obtained. Picking up the car tomorrow.

Base: $30,888
    OTD: $34,365

Trading in my 2002 BMW for $5K

We went with Stevens Creek Honda. I do NOT recommend Andersen Honda - the folks I worked with at Andersen are shady. I had $31K base as a "reference price" based on a deal a friend got. Overall, I'm pretty happy with the deal we got.

We go in tomorrow afternoon to drop off the BMW and pick up the new car! Yahoo! Thanks to everyone on this forum - your experiences really helped me negotiate.

Good luck all!
  • mynuacctmynuacct Member Posts: 21
    No the price did not include TTL. It included everything else (i.e. dealer costs) Since, TTL component varies across all states and dealer doesn't make anything on them (except maybe a few bucks on the registration). I was replying to a post which was considering how dealers to could sell them at such low prices. The OTD quotes I got had (6% MD tax = $1830 and Licenssing Registration Fee of $274) = $2100 extra (ballpark).
  • ernurse1ernurse1 Member Posts: 6
    Thank you to everyone on this forum. Your advice, opinions and price sharing helped me when I made my purchase of a 2009 Odyssey EXL with RES and NAV - Dark Cherry Pearl. It is such an awesome van! I am having fun with my new van.

I live in Indiana and I obtained quotes from dealers in cities that I was willing to drive to - including where some family lived (planned to include a visit to family with the van purchase).
    I also obtained the Consumer Report guide for the van. Bottom price to start negotiation on the EXL with R&N was 30900. This included the $2500 dealer cash back and the $739 dealer holdback.
    A dealer was willing to match one of the quotes that I received from another dealer and willing to sell me a few add-ons that I wanted at "dealer" price.
    I did not trade in my old van - they would only give me $1000 for it. I sold it for more than their offer the same afternoon that I picked up my new van.

Final price was $30975 including the destination fee.
    Add on $250 for locate fee (they had to get the color I wanted from another dealer - they wouldn't budge on this, but I didn't want to drive to the other dealer myself)
    Add $150 doc fee
    Add $1.25 tire fee that Indiana imposes
    $2145 sales tax - will get this back when we file our 2009 taxes - one of Obama's economic stimulus's - (benefit is phased out as income rises) - new cars only.
    $434 for Mud Guards, Cargo Tray and All weather floor mats ("dealer price".

Roughly OTD = 33,421.
  • ernurse1ernurse1 Member Posts: 6
    Hello,
    I bought an Odyssey EXL with R&N, the dealer was offering very little for my Windstar trade in.
    I just sold my 2002 Windstar - it had 110,000 miles and was top of the line (leather, premium sound, 6 CD changer, power seats, non DVD though) at the time when I bought it new.
    The dealer offered me $1000 for trade in. It was having some problems also. The AC had gone bad, the SRS was going (front passenger seat airbag sensor) and I had a crack in the bumper (from a pile of ice I backed into). I listed it on a local yahoo free-reasonable group and was able to sell it for $2300 in 3 days. :)
    Good Luck with your purchase.
    This forum is super!!
  • bellygunkbellygunk Member Posts: 1
    I too have been looking at Odysseys in the Atlanta area. It appears that most dealers are taking invoice minus $2500 (this is a Honda USA rebate to their dealers that most are passing onto the customers) + dealer fees (usually $599) + destination charge (about $750) + tag/title ($21) + taxes.

With Memorial Day upon us, I've been quoted by Honda Carland a price of $2500 off Invoice + tag/title ($21) + waiving of dealer fees and destination charges. Team Honda is very similar, taking off $3100 from Invoice, waiving the destination charges, but adding tag/title & $599 dealer fees. I was informed (by Honda Carland at least) that these prices were good til the end of the month on in-stock vehicles.

For a sample price, I was quoted $21,190 for an LX, $23,992 for an EX, $27,335 for an EX-L, and $28,781 for an EX-L w/RES at Team Honda (add tax, tag/title, and $599 dealer fees).

If you consider waiting longer, you may also get a better deal on your trade-in towards the end of the month as the dealerships will try to do everything but lower the price of the vehicle to make the sale.
  • kcarl1kcarl1 Member Posts: 4
    Hi All,
    Thanks for everyone for such a great effort and here is the quote I received from a dealer in Memphis after eliminating several others. Please let me know whether this is okay or not. Thanks again for everyone's help!

Vehicle: 2009 HONDA ODYSSEY 4dr Wgn LX
    Miles: 12

PURCHASE OPTION
    Vehicle Price: $27,025.00
    Preferred Customer Discount: - $5,657.84
    Selling Price: $21,367.16

Sales Tax (estimate): + $1,669.84
    Tag/Registration Fees (estimate): + $122.50
    Documentation Fee: + $349.00
    Balance Due (estimate): $23,508.50

No Trade-In
  • HOdysyhunterHOdysyhunter Member Posts: 38
    Hi, It seems to be very good incenties with extra dollars taken off from Invoice (other than 2500). Could you pl. fwd me the email quote to my krushi@gmail.com so that I can bargain for my Odyssey (EXL) OR EXL + DVD.

Thanks a lot in advance,
  • 595express595express Member Posts: 4
    Got a few quote from local dealers via internet, $24761+tax+tag, dealer fee included, is this fair price? Thanks
    It is high! i got quotes from $23670 thru $24,700, this include destination and i am in MD.

Always try to get the base price since, fees, taxes and MVA fees varies from state to states so you can compare apples to apples.

also, here is a dealer who will give you a good quote, this guy is in CA but just so you have something in hands to show your local guys to see if they can match.

google spreen Honda.

the best price i got in MD is $23,365 including destination.

i would try to get base price to $23,000 including destination

Good luck!
  • jackminivanjackminivan Member Posts: 1
    I recently purchased a 2009 Honda Odyssey EX-L with the Rear Entertainment System (RES). Color is Ocean Mist (light blue).

Because the posts I read in this forum were so helpful, I thought I would share my experience.

Selling Price: $28,995
    Sales Tax: 1,631 (5.6% Milwaukee County, WI)
    License & Title: 168
    Doc Fees: 125

TOTAL: $30,919 Out the Door (OTD)

A $150 Honda advertising fee was included in the selling price. And the destination charge of $670 was as well.

Received Honda Financing of 3.9% for five years. ($568.02/mo.)

Purchased through Schlossman's Honda City in Milwaukee, Wisconsin area. I've purchased several vehicles from Honda City and they have been great to deal with along with the lowest price in the area.
  • andy_edmundsandy_edmunds Member Posts: 17
    Hi All,

I am in the market for Honda Odessey EXL without nav or RES. I was able to get the lowest quote of:

Price: $27,500 (includes destination + doc fees + licence/title fees($200) ) +
    Tax: ($2000 about)
    Total: $29500.00

Anyone able to do any better?

Andy
    I got this in Texas

Honda Odessey EXL without nav or RES. I was able to get the lowest quote of:

Very similar to what you got:

I got this in Texas

I got this quote in Texas, which is about $1600 more than what you are getting before taxes. How did you manage to do that? Excellent deal.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    The EXL cost $26,094. Please note I did not get RES or NAV. Sorry, I typed in the wrong taxes and fees. It was actually $2800. California has a dmv fee calculator which includes sales tax here (your state probably has something equivalent):
    Total CA fees: $257
    Total use/tax fees: $2544 (that's Alameda county where I live at 9.75%)
    All,

i need some advice asap? i have an offer for EX 09 odyssey brand new for $23,400 includes destination charge.

Tax, tag/tile and processing fee are extra. I am in maryland so tax is 6%, tag/tile $275 and $100 processing fee.

Is this good price? i plan to purchse this today or Monday. Should i wait for end months for better price?

i tried many dealers and this is the BEST offer i got.

thanks
  • 595express595express Member Posts: 4
    Thank you. I wish I am in MD. The quotes in SFL seems all high. I will keep trying.
    you can always drive to NC and get almost the same price if not better or fly to md and drive back.

thanks
    Hi atxodys, did you buy the van yet?

I am in TX too. Best quote I got has been $27,500.00+Tax, compared to other folks it is not all that great. But not bad either. Did you get any better quotes?
  • longboat2008longboat2008 Member Posts: 18
    I think that is a very good price. Do you mind share the deal with me: lu_bmu at yahoo.com?
    Hi All,
    I have the quote for Honda Odyssey 2009 LX model.

Vehicle price LX - 23508 OTD (price includes TTL)
    Value care $375 (VCP) - 5 years
    Honda care $850 + tax 81.18 total = $931.18 (6 years 80k miles)

Finance 3.90 for 60 months

Total 24849.04

Is this is good price? We live in memphis.

Please advice and thanks for your help!
  • ramanameramaname Member Posts: 7
    HI All,
    First I would like to Thank everyone for sharing their prices. This was very helpful for me to negotiate on the prices for an Odyssey EX-L with Rear Entertainment and DVD.
    I am from Indianapolis and this would help people in Indiana, Cincinnati, Ohio and also other states too.
    Steps that I followed:
    1. Email the dealers. Do not call. I have an id for all this purpose and send email to different dealers.
    2. Do not give valid phone number.
    3. Only when you like the E-Price that was quoted to you, then negotiate with them on the price via email only.
    The price that I got:
    Odyssey EX-L with Rear Ent and Navi.
    $ 29,556.33
    $276.50 ($250 Doc fee + 5$ Cert of Title+$5.00 Memo fee + $5.00 Lien fee + $10.50 30 Day License )
    Honda Care warranty for 8year/120,000 mile is $1435.00
    Tax for $ 29,556.33+$1435.00=$30991.33
    Tax 7% = 2169.39 (for $ 29,556.33+$1435.00=$30991.33)
    Out of door price=$30,991.33+$2169.39+$276.50=$33437.22

PLEASE HELP ME if there will be a tax that we need to pay on Extended Warranty when purchased from the dealer. The dealer collected tax.
    I am getting it online for $1235.00 and no tax.
    But near Dealer I ended up paying $1435 + $100.45 (7% tax)= $1535.45
    Please suggest me where to buy warranty. because if buying near dealer and buying online is same, then I will, buy online which will save me $300.00.

For any questions email me at ramaname@gmail.com

Once again Thanks to every one for posting their price negotiations and experience.
  • m603m603 Member Posts: 5
    Hey all, I'm looking at getting an EX-L very soon. Does anyone have any purchase experience in the (northern) Colorado- (Southeastern) Wyoming area? If so what price did you get for an EX-L and what dealership did you use? Any help would is appreciated.
  • hoopsluverhoopsluver Member Posts: 17
    Hello ~!
    We want to purchase an Odyssey EX-L with the RES...and no NAV system... last year we looked at the Odyssey and couldn't get the dealers to "deal" --so --we put the time to other uses...and we are now back to our search. We can't remember this being a concern last year.... We are currently at 28,500 for an EX-L no licensing or taxes....
    Is n't it possible to purchase the RES --with out NAV ??? We have been impressed with the rear view mirror --which is much better than last years model ---but would rather buy a portable NAV system than pay the extra $2,000 --ouch !!
    Your thoughts ?? :)
  • rizvimdrizvimd Member Posts: 6
    Hi,
    I am trying to buy EX-L +/- navigation, but not able to get the prices as mentioned by other folks...
    I am willing to go to a larger metropolitan area due to no competition in our area.
    I need to buy it within next 2 weeks...
    Best offer by local dealer are......EXL R & N....34000..drive away price
    ...............................................EXL.............30500..." """"""
    You could buy
    EXL only
    EXL + RES
    EXL + RES + NAV

Above Based on how I see in Honda site and Edmunds site. But can not confirm 100% that is the case.
    For EXL no RES and no NAV you could go at least $1000 lower based on what I see and my research. You should check it out in areas as far as you are willing to drive.
  • hoopsluverhoopsluver Member Posts: 17
    Thanks Andy ---

That is exactly our thoughts too ~~!! Thanks for your quick response ~!!
    Northeastern Wi --offer -EX-L no NAV/RES ---$ 28,455 --..last year the EX-L with NAV and RES --30,880....not such a great deal ---as we see it.
    Hang in there --have you looked at the Volkswagon - Routan ?--We test drove it --very nice --!! It is $30,385 with the NAV/2 DVDs--great sound system and overall great drive ~...Too bad we are such dedicated Honda owners...price wise Volkswagon is turning our heads. Negatives --the driver seat is closer; and the spare tire is way under the middle of the van....;(
  • tonyl1tonyl1 Member Posts: 53
    I got my warrenty through http://www.hondacareextendedwarranty.com/ and have been very happy with them. Does your base price also include dest. charge? That seems like a very good price if it does.

Good Luck.
  • tonypark68tonypark68 Member Posts: 3
    I live in Southern California. I purchase it $30180 (destination fee included) + Sales tax (8.75%)+ License fee + $55.00 (doc fee). Dealer also gave me $500.00 gas card.

I made $5,000.00 down payment and monthly payment is $521.00 (includes everything) for 60 months with 3.9%.

I think I purchased fair price for it
  • odyssey8odyssey8 Member Posts: 5
    can you tell me what dealer and who is the sales rep? thanks

$30180 for EXL with RES and NAVI??

i am looking for buying EXL with RES and NAVI tomorrow
  • odyssey8odyssey8 Member Posts: 5
    i am looking for buying an EX-L with RES + NAVI
    where is the best deal in bay area? what is the best possible quote?

thanks
    It includes destination charges and every thing.
    Can you please let me know if http://www.hondacareextendedwarranty.com/ and the warranty that the dealer sold me is from HONDA CARE. Even he said I would receive documentation from American Honda.
    But he told that if we buy directly from the dealer then we interact directly with the HONDA CARE in future for any issues. But when we buy online, we will need to contact a seperate division called ADMINISTRATOR in Honda care and we will have issues some times in getting things covered.
    I do not know if this is correct.
    I can call and cancel this warranty but not knowing at this point.
    Thank you for the information provided. I will look into this as well.
    Did you have had to pay tax for Extended Warranty when purchased at the dealer.

Thanks.
    Yes, I paid $81.18 as tax for the honda care warranty. I already purchased everything yesterday and after calculating the price, I am not convinced about the Honda care and the value care and not much feedback from anyone regarding the price hence I am planning to cancel this on Tuesday and I may end up loosing $75 as cancellation fees for both. My total will be same as $23508+75
    Re Extended Warranty - Honda Care

Don't buy this when you purchase your new car because you have time (within the first 6,000 miles) to do research on where to buy it the cheapest. Whether online or at the dealer, they are the same warranty, like different Shell gas stations and gas is gas. Don't be misleaded by the salesman. Any USA Honda dealer can pull your EW info from their computers because it is Nation-wide coverage. From the computer there's no discriminiation of online purchase. They will honor it as long as it shows up in their system and bno need to call anybody in Honda USA. Coverage is written B&W on the EW documents you received after purchase. Read it and see if any wording re difference between claim procedure re purchase the EW online and at dealer site. I bet you won't find any.

Honda USA wants to plug the hole re specific Honda dealers sell the EW online much cheaper than local dealers, so that local dealers can make much bigger profit. As consumers, we don't like that. It is kind of rip-off. It is a question re "FREE TRADE", "PRICE GOUGING", "PRICE FIXING", "INTIMIDATING by PARENT COMPANY"
  • jackglassjackglass Member Posts: 11
    What's a good price on an Odyssey Touring in NYC? 34k?
    Thanks bigdadi118, appreciate your inputs, I already purchased this EW and I am returning this on Tuesday. I paid $850 + tax for 6 yr/80K and I don't think it is worth comparing with some of the online deals. Thanks for your help!
  • siamesessiameses Member Posts: 5
    Hi, I am looking for the same vehicle. Can you please tell what dealer got you that deal? Thanks you for your help.
    tonypark68

when you are in post message box you should see this ... to avoid one Tony posts for another Tony and leave alone you posted 3 TIMES!

You may include the dealership name, city and state in your post. Please do not post names of salespeople, telephone numbers, email addresses, or other contact information.