Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Audi A4 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• paminpamin Member Posts: 9
    No, that's the pre- tax, registration and dealer fee price so you should add that on top of my price. I don't have it in front of me but I know all of these were under 3,000 total. No wood trim or nav. I just got my garmin nuvi 755t from amazon for nearly a tenth of the nav package cost (yes i know it would also have included back up camera) which is much better imo
  • j55555j55555 Member Posts: 5
    thanks guys, just got a deal for a 09 A4 premium, MSRP 34499, dealer want it go at 31000. seems still some room there. 30000 is my target
  • rclackrclack Member Posts: 11
    I have been quoted $1,000 over invoice for an A4 quattro, premium plus, automatic, with wood and metallic paint, minus $1,500 Audi loyalty, which didn't sound too bad, until I started reading that people are getting quotes significantly below invoice, before crediting the loyalty money. It doesn't seem to make sense. The MSRP is $38,750, and the invoice is the base of $30,737, plus $3,720 for premium plus package, $373 for wood, $875 for destination, and, according to the dealer, another $144 which was not identified when they made the offer.

What is a fair price for this vehicle today? How can the dealer sell below invoice, before application of the loyalty money? This deal must be concluded by May 4 under current program.

Thanks for your help!
  • dino11dino11 Member Posts: 32
    check out the offer i got. under dino11. car was delivered and wife loves it. so not bull. you can get much less than invoice BEFORE application of the loyalty points. and i did not have to do hand stands to get this price. At least this is the case from several dealers in New Jersey. Just trying to be helpful
  • s0l0s0l0 Member Posts: 39
    I would shoot for invoice minus loyalty (assuming you qualify). I.e. 36-1.5 = $34,500.
    follow-up- I was told that dealer gets additional incentives for Audi based on # of cars sold in a given month. For one, there is extra $ per car given back based on number of cars sold. Next, dealer gets pick of the litter in future allotments. Dealers that don't meet the bogey get left behind. Bottom line- what is in my posting under dino11 several weeks ago is legit. I got an A4 - premium plus, metallic paint, NAV, wood, Audi care. MSRP was 41250. Also got IPOD cables for interface and front and rear Audi floor mats.
    The additional charges that are legit with respect to invoice is an advertising fee - about 195 (i think) and a port prep fee equal to .5% of MSRP on car.
    Thanks very much for the helpful info! I will keep slugging.
    Thanks very much for your help. I am going to do just as you suggest.
    any idea if Audi loyalty program will continue after May 4th ?
    now it is 1500$ for audi owner. but might increase to say 2000$ after May 4th?
    I have no idea, but I will try to find out something today. It is my understanding that the dealers don't even know for sure until the new program period starts. What info do you have that it might increase to $2,000?
    no, no, just a wild guess. want to see if I need to hold off a little bit.
    loyalty program gone for May ...
  • brandmar1brandmar1 Member Posts: 17
    Any word on interest rates for May? I've been looking but haven't seen anything yet.
  • fairfiesucksfairfiesucks Member Posts: 1
    Today, I had really bad experience with FairfieldAudi in CT. They called and emailed me an OTD price for a base 09 A4 and I confirmed with them about this price before left home. When I drove 40 miles over there, they said the price was before tax and fees. I just want to share my story with you and warn you of their dishonest dealership.
  • mark_wnymark_wny Member Posts: 70
    I visited an Audi dealer (Northeast US) and was told 'we never sell anything but all-wheel drive - ever.' I've never seen the front-drive model on the streets. Are there problems with it? Does AudiUSA deliberately keep it from this market? Please advise, Audiphiles.
    Depends on where in NE you are. I've seen dealers in RI carry some, check out mattieimports.com for example (actually they're in MA).
    You probably went to the same dealer that I go to. They made a similar comment to me years ago, stating that they only order quattro vehicles for their inventory. I believe it is because the cost differential is not that great, and four wheel drive is far superior for the weather in the northeast. However Audi clearly sells front wheel drive vehicles in the U.S. You will find reviews and other references in Edmunds to people who have bought them in California and other states. My guess is that, if you really want front-wheel drive, they would order a car for you. Also, there is at least one used car dealer (in Rochester, New York) that specializes in Audis who brings in front-wheel drive vehicles.
    they're available outside of "the snowbelt". I have seen them in Florida, California.....
  • traderumorstraderumors Member Posts: 4
    My local dealer has a 2009 A4 with minimal options (ice silver metallic paint, heated front seats, radio symphony, and audi music interface) at an MSRP of $35,120. It has about 3K miles due to internal use by the office manager. What is a fair price for this vehicle. FYI, they have a big sign on it that says "$3,000 off!". Of course there is no way I'm paying $32K for a car with 3K miles, but what is a fair price?

Thanks for your advice.
    I wouldn't pay more than $29,500.
  • macchinamacchina Member Posts: 2
    I have been going back and forth between the Audi, BMW, Infiniti and Acura TSX. I know the car I want is the Audi, particularly from the price point, however I am very concerned about consumer reports of previous year maintenance/repairs.

That said, if I still decide to go with the A4 quattro 2.0T, I wonder if you could tell me what you ended up paying for yours - you said MSRP was $41,250.

Also you mentioned you were in NJ - I am as well and wonder where you bought your car.

Any help you could provide would be great, thanks!!
  • kennynmdkennynmd Member Posts: 424
    My local dealer has a used 2009 3.2 w/ prem. plus package, no other options. It has an MSRP price of $40,825. It has 6k miles on it and lists for 33k. I have noticed that this vehicle has been on their website for a while and has slowly dropped in price. Any opionions?? WHat would be a good price??
  • jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    If they include audicare and an extra year of extended warranty the price seems decent.
    I haven't asked about the extra warranty but they did say the Audi Care was included. I might ctry and wait them out as I am in no rush to buy.
  • 2009a42009a4 Member Posts: 3
    As a benchmark I just purchased a 2009 A4 Quattro w/Premium Plus, mats, locks & exhaust tips for $34,500. It had a MSRP of $38,300. I paid $1100 under invoice. I think you are overpaying. I know its a 3.2 6 cylinder but do you really need it versus something brand new for a similar price? I financed it @ 1.9% and Audi is making the first two payments. Saving an additional $2,000. There are some excellent deals to be had out there.
    Thats a really good price. Are you a returning Audi customer so you get the loyalty rebate? I was offered pretty much the same amount,as the same setup as your car for at invoice price .
    Does your $34,500 figure include the two payments made by Audi or did you actually pay $32,500 if they payments are included? Did you already have an Audi?
  • sondu51sondu51 Member Posts: 6
    Really nice deal! :) Which dealership you got this deal? and for how many months you did the financing?
    I paid $34,514 before taxes and tags; more tah $1100 under invoice. No I am not a retuning Audi customer. I financed the entire purchase since interest rate is 1.9%. Audi is making the first two payments so I will make only 34 payments; each payment will be just over $1000. So that saves me an additional $2000. I had planned to look at the BMW 328xi and Infiniti G37x but when I was offered this deal I took it. Their supply of A4's was dwindling quickly and it was only for cars in stock. I ended up with Black not my first choice but to save a couple grand it is well worth it. I made my purchase at Don Rose Audi in Plymouth Meeting PA.
  • r_gunr_gun Member Posts: 1
    I have the exact same problem with the same vehicle. Just purchased 3 days ago and I already notice it.
    Any luck with the dealer?
  • phageousphageous Member Posts: 3
    Been shopping for an A4 for a while. The quotes I got from dealers in south FL are nowhere as good as what you guys got... I want a 09 A4 2.0T quattro, automatic, P+ and 18 inch Sport packages. The invoice for such a car is 36,630, and the best price I got so far is 37,500, which includes the dealer fee but excludes the tax and title.

The dealers are trying to sell me at a price of invoice + 1.5K. Some of them are not even willing to negotiate, and don't make any effort giving out a number to earn the business.

Is 37,500 a horrible buy? I was so excited to jump in and buy the car, but now I wonder if I should wait...
  • smith219smith219 Member Posts: 3
    Having a heck of a time finding an A4 with a manual trans. Have had dealer experiences that have run the gamut; have only 1 that is willing to look at swapping for other dealer's inventory. Is this normal for Audi dealers? This is Long Island NY.

Here is the current price offer:
    A4 manual trans.
    Premium
    Blutooth
    Heated seats
    Ipod
    ---------

Any advice on this price is greatly appreciated.
  • bellefaxbellefax Member Posts: 10
    I have a 2006 A4 coming off lease in about a month. I'd like to keep the car. Has anyone had any luck negotiating their buyout amount, or is it pretty set in stone?

Car details:
    - 2006 A4 2.0T quattro
    - nav,bluetooth,homelink,xenon lights,bose audio,satellite radio,leather,sunroof
    - 25K miles (my lease allows 36K)
    - residual/buyout is $22,797
  • dht34dht34 Member Posts: 7
    I just hard a hard offer on a A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Plus, 18" Sport Package, with Navigation and Metallic paint, NO wood trim. Wondering if I can do better.

Price before TTL $39,610
    OTD after TTL $43,890
    Conquest Money already included: $1000 off
    Dealer will pay for first 2 months payment

What do you guys think? Could I do better? Edmunds invoice the car with exact specs for $39,399 for TTL.

ps. The dealer says the offers good for only 24hrs and I was also told supposedly that the Summer of Audi program is set to expire May 31 (no first 2 payments paid for). I dont think its true, the website say July 6 expiration, but he insisted that Audi is pulling the program early with a recent email.
    It looks like you are about $200 over invoice. That is not terrible at all. I got over $1100 under invoice and first two payments to be made by Audi as well. My guess is when 2010 vehicles come in and your dealer still has an inventory of 2009 cars they need to get rid of then pricing will be more in your favor. But by that point who knows what financing will be currently 1.9 for 36 months and if Audi is still making first two payments. That alone can be several thousand dollars in savings. Its a gamble either way.
  • dht34dht34 Member Posts: 7
    I personally think I could do better with the pricing. He was really pushing it hard for the sale and giving out bogus (IMO) info about the conquest money and summer of audi ending this month. I'm probably gonna have to try out a few other dealers before I could consider this offer, whether its good for 24hrs or not. When your throwing down that amount of money, caution and having other offers is a must.
    I've been offered the following on a Premium Plus w/o any additional options except metal paint:

MSRP 38,350
    Invoice 35,725
    Offer 34,732

The offer includes Conquest money ($1,000), without that it would basically be the invoice. Doc fee and TTL are additional. Two payments by Audi would basically bring the price down by another $2,000.

The dealer says the conquest money and 2 payments by Audi MAY change after 5/31, but there is no definite information at this point.
    I'm also looking for same trim. Can you tell me what is "Conquest money" is and the dealer who is offering it to you?
    thanks
    I am having a very similar experience in NY. The quotes I have received are always over invoice. The sales people have not been willing to negotiate, or even spend much effort going over the pricing in detail.

I have also noticed a general lack of interest in pursuing me as a customer; Voice mails and phone messages go unreturned. Emails never get responded. Does this sound familiar?

Sorry I could not offer more advice on your price question as I am in a similar situation.
    It is currently $1,000 and it is paid by Audi to the dealer. You qualify if you own a 2003 or newer Acura, BMW, Cadillac, Infiniti, Jaguar, Land Rover, Lexus, Lincoln, Mercedes-Benz, Saab or Volvo.

Every dealer should be able to drop their 'best' price by this amount if you qualify. It's similar to the loyalty money for existing Audi owners which is $1,500.
  • phageousphageous Member Posts: 3
    After shopping around I finally ordered it from a dealership 70 miles away. The price is 37217, about 500 over invoice. The out-of-door price is just around 40K (tax rate 6.5). Probably not a horrible price, but not a sharp deal either.

I don't qualify for the Conquest Money program, so this is probably the best I could get...
    Any one knows what would b the last date for the summer event that includes first two payments?
    It's not known at the moment, but most likely it will be either 5/31 or 7/6.
  • pseudotrashpseudotrash Member Posts: 5
    Just joined forum. Lots of great info. We are in South Florida.

Today my wife got her:
    2009 A4 2.0T quattro tiptronic premium plus
    Quartz gray / black / dark wood trim

$38,750 MSRP
    $36,098 Invoice
    $34,300 price paid includes $500 conquest

$1500 total out of pocket
    36/15k
    .00071 MF
    49% residual
    $498.11 + $29.89 tax = $528.00 per month.
    This payment includes Audi Care and the dealer is tinting our windows for free.
    I think we did ok :confuse: ... maybe could have done better but will wait to hear from all of you.
  • jaduardojaduardo Member Posts: 2
    I'm looking for a manual transmission in Prestige. My dealer is trying to get me to pay a premium price (between invoice and MSRP) because there are so few manuals around.

I can't fathom having to pay more for a manual. Is this reasonable? Should I just wait for the '10's to come out?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
    I have been looking for a manual A4 Premium with little success. The manuals are hard to find at any level.The last quote I received is in post #1215. A couple of details that may be pertinent;

Is this car in the dealer's inventory or would they have to swap with another dealer? ( I have found that most dealers are not interested in locating a car for me)

Do you qualify for any of the mfgr. to dealer incentives?

Can you post the quote?
  • jaduardojaduardo Member Posts: 2
    Smith219 -

The answers are no and no. The dealer doesn't have it in inventory and I don't qualify for incentives.

I guess I'll just have to keep looking.

I'd rather not post the quote now... will do so later if I ever get an Audi.

Jaduardo
  • bear_4_lifebear_4_life Member Posts: 17
    Just bought our new Audi end of May. In all honesty, you need to walk into the dealerships and tell them of what you expect or already have in hand. Initially, I had no idea of the different incentives until I gathered bits of info here and there. Live in California and if you look at the San Jose Audi website, you'll see what kinds of incentives are / were available (they called it a "Garage Sale"). Def ask for:

1) Conquest rebate if you have another premium model year 2004 or later
    2) Cheap financing if you have good credit
    3) If you finance, have the manufacturer pay the first two payments
    4) Ask under dealer invoice by a good margin

In the end, I'm sure I could've squeezed out more but here's what I got:

2009 Audi A4 Avant quattro w/ metallic paint Premium-Plus trim
    MSRP = 40,150 + TTL according to Edmunds
    Dealer invoice = $37,400 according to Edmunds
    BEFORE incentives I got $36k + TLL
    Then $1k cash back Conquest Rebate
    1.9% financing for 36 mo...I did 100% financing because...
    Manufacturer paid first 2 pmts for Summer Event
    If you net the all incentives out, I paid about $32,500 + TTL

No dealer will tell you these are available until you press them on it and say some other dealer has this offer in front of you. They didn't say anything like "we need to do this deal before May 31" or anything like that which leads me to believe it is somewhat open-ended.

One more thing, I got them to throw in some other things/accessories which costs another couple hundred for free.
  • mbrokernymbrokerny Member Posts: 10
    How much is your payment?
  • bear_4_lifebear_4_life Member Posts: 17
    Well, unfortunately, tax is crazy high in CA...almost 10% in my county. That said, price I paid was $36k + TTL which amounted to over $4k and I financed 100% to max out the pmts. At about $40k principal, 1.9% annual rate, 36 payments (again, I took the shortest timeframe to max my pmts, and thus the benefit), the monthly pmts are around $1,150 so they eat nearly $2,300 and I make only 34 payments. After the first two months, I could theoretically pop in a lump sum (as if I did a down payment), to cut the monthly payments down a bit, however, at 1.9%, that's pretty cheap lending. My goal was to max out the payments and end up having Audi take those two pmts. That help? I brought my trust HP 12C to make sure of everything.