Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Audi A4 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• montrotamontrota Member Posts: 7
    Where did you find all the incentives available? Audi doesn't list them on their website.
  • anithaanitha Member Posts: 15
    I didn't see any listed on the website. But the dealer told me about the incentives. 3.9% apr (60 months) and Audi paying two payments.
  • jms493jms493 Member Posts: 18
    Yes at palisades Audi, they didnt seem to want our business at all. Gave us a price and werent willing to move. They didnt even give us a card. F%&k em!
  • kevin34kevin34 Member Posts: 42
    Hi,

My 30 month lease was up at the end of May which I extended a month. The buyout price is 23.6k, the dealer offered to throw in a 2 year extended. I was allotted 30k in mileage but the car only has 16k miles on it. The sticker price is $34.3k which includes the premium package. I've been trying to find a good used car to replace it but am I overlooking a potential deal here?

Audi Financial said it would give me a $2200 credit card but not sure if this would in conjunction with the extended warranty or not.

Any advice much appreciated!

Thank you
  • jabeevajabeeva Member Posts: 15
    Trying to get a price on a 2009 A4 Avant w/ Premium Plus. A dealer has offered $36,890 (including $1000 conquest cash).

According to Edmunds the Invoice on this car is $36,955 w/o metallic paint (I prefer blk). The dealer considers invoice to be $37,789, this includes $834 of dealer costs (prep fee, port and advertising fee, etc.). Have you found any wiggle room in these fees?

Is this a good deal? I live in NY and got the deal from a Long Island dealer. Thoughts? Suggestions?
  • bob269bob269 Member Posts: 4
    I'm looking at a used 2008 Audi A4 Quattro Premium with 13,000 miles. Vehicle is not Audi certified pre-owned. Dealer is asking $27,000 on internet. Original MSRP was $34,850. Dealer purchased car in an out-of-state auction.

I am having a hard time figuring out where to start negotiation. I looked at blue book value for a trade-in, and that’s approx $22,000 in excellent condition. Is that a reasonable estimate of dealer’s cost? Should I go lower given that they picked it up in an auction?

What do you all think is a fair price? And what is a good starting price for negotiation?

Also, what are thoughts on going used w/o CPO certification? Vehicle has 37,000 miles and 27 months left on original warranty. I’m not going to put a lot of miles on the car – I don’t drive to work.

Any thoughts are much appreciated.
  • s0l0s0l0 Member Posts: 39
    Horrible deal, you should get it for $2500 less what the dealer is asking. Get more offers.
  • best_audi_dealbest_audi_deal Member Posts: 2
    Invoice on a Prem Plus A4 is $35,664.63 without met paint.
  • bear_4_lifebear_4_life Member Posts: 17
    I live in CA and got mine last month for $36,000 (includes destination fees) BEFORE the Conquest rebate of $1,000 PLUS Audi making first two payments (valued at $2,400).

2009 A4 Avant Premium Plus model with Quartz Grey paint job. They even threw in a couple hundred bucks of accessories.

When I checked on Edmunds, I shot for something around $2k under "Dealer Invoice" and TMV. Whatever Dealer Invoice they are showing you is more smoke and mirrors. Shop it around like everyone else says and if the same car is on other lots, you should be able to get it much cheaper.

Good luck.
    With Deep Sea Blue Peal Paint invoices on Edmunds $35,725. So I am assuming asking $34,500 is not out of the question. That is $1,275 under invoice. That is doable correct???
  • pvillipvilli Member Posts: 9
    Looking to buy a 2009 A4 2.0 CVT with premium plus/black metallic paint. Got a recent offer for $34,244 (does not include tax, tag, and dealer fee). Invoice on this site is listed at 32,818. My plan is to get around 1,000 below invoice. I think that I can get a better deal but wanted to know if anyone had any thoughts.
    Thanks
    So this afternoon I went to Jack Daniels Audi in Ramsey, NJ. I was going to test drive a A4 2.0T Quattro in Deep Sea Blue. Well the Salesman called me at around 10:30 am and said that the car had been sold that morning. Bummer, but no big deal. He said we could find you the same car without much of a problem.

Therefore I test drove a silver one and the ride was quite nice. This is my first time driving an Audi. The 2.0t is quiet but before you know it you are going 80mph. The ride was very comfortable and like i said very quiet, it was nice to be able to talk to my girlfriend without have to repeat myself every time. The car was what I expected, luxury and sporty at the same time. Now the color.......I really wanted Aruba Blue b/c it looks very sporty and that is the look i like. When my girlfriend saw the DSB she said it looks like black and she didnt want that. So I got my way with the Aruba blue and Gray interior. She be easier to keep clean.

Now to negotiations......the fun part. The car's MSRP was $38,000. I pitched him $34,500. He was a little bit worried about that bid but the guy was very cool and appeared to be fighting for me. When all is said and done and me making him go back and forth with the SM about 4 times. We met at $35,200.......My goal was $35,000. So i was pretty satisfied. When the SM realized I knew my stuff and was up for some haggling he came over and helped close the deal.

Overall I was VERY happy with JD Audi in Ramsey. They were quick and did not push me at all. At one time he wanted to talk monthly payment and I brought him back to the PRICE of the car.....the most important thing. he said ok.....no problem. The salesman was very nice and didn't try and push anything and generally didn't talk to much. The only thing was I question his knowledge of the cars. i don't expect much as these guys are salesman and probably not car guys like us.

I pick the car up Friday and we shall see how the rest of the transaction completes. I was in and out in about an hour and 15 mins.

I would recommend them, their pricing was the best so far from calling around and they seem to have no problem haggling. I could have probably walked out and talked them down another coupole hundred, but I was pretty exhausted of all the research I have been doing and calls i have been making. I am glad i am all done and cant wait till Friday.

now on to ordering some VMR wheels....those stock wheels have to go!! Thanks to all the people on the board and the info posted as it helped me 10-fold in closing the deal.

I post this to help anyone in the market
  • jabeevajabeeva Member Posts: 15
    Thanks to everyone on the forum for your help. I was able to negotiate a purchase price of $35,955 including Conquest (basically invoice, less the conquest money) on my 2009 A4 Avant Prem Plus. Could probably have pressed harder/shopped around more, but my final price is still $3,700 under MSRP and I've been on the hunt for a car for a few months now. So, I was happy to get the deal done.

One last question: What are the finance rates on the 09 Avant. I'm financing for 60 months, b/c . . . why not. I thought the rate for 60 months was 3.9%, but the dealer is now quoting 4.9%. Is this correct or a last minute bait and switch? I'd like to get the deal done, but will walk if this business manager is just blowing smoke (it's the principle).

Any help is appreciated.
    According to Edmund's site, in my area (CA) financing terms are as follows:

Financing Start: 05/05/2009 End: 07/06/2009
    1.9% APR Term: 12 months
    1.9% APR Term: 36 months
    2.9% APR Term: 48 months
    3.9% APR Term: 60 months
    4.4% APR Term: 66 months

Restrictions Special APR available on Standard, Premium, Premium Plus and Prestige models. Vehicle must be financed through the manufacturer's captive finance company.

Comments Dealer participation may vary. Incentives and Rebates are provided subject to the terms of our Visitor Agreement.

That said, ask the salesperson for your credit score to make sure that something funky isn't going on like your score being unusually low making qualifying for best terms not do-able. If you have great credit, check the listing (and other Audi dealers in your area) to see what others around you are able to do.

Also, did you get VW finance to eat any of the payments? I know up until the end of May, Audi manufacturing / VW Finance was going to take the hit on the first two payments. I ended up paying zero down, financing for 36 months to increase the payments, and making them eat as much as possible. Ask other dealers if this incentive is out there...they may not tell you up front and quite frankly, I think it's really Audi who takes this hit (not the dealer) but there might be some incentive for the dealer to not give this money away so easily. It's in the loan docs that Audi manufacturing pays the first two payments. FYI, no salesperson I spoke to offered it as I chatted with them until I mentioned it well into our talks. I say this because if they didn't have an ulterior motive holding this info back, they should have mentioned it right at the start of our conversation to draw me in.

Finally, make sure you remember to deduct the sale tax on the car for your 2009 IRS filing if you qualify...you can thank Congress for that.

In summary:
    1) check with other Audi dealers if there's a manufacturer's incentive to eat any payments for financed purchases
    2) check Edmunds and other dealers for their best rates on 60 mon financing
    3) check your deal to make sure your credit score isn't screwing things up or maybe it's wrong or something
    4) all the while, work the other dealers too just in case this sales person is jerking you around...try to have a solid back up offer so you can walk away...
    5) if you can wait another week or just before the end of June, perhaps they'll cave

I think you have a pretty good deal in hand but I think there's potential room to make it great. Don't let fatigue catch up when you are so close.

May the force be with you. ;)
  • bellefaxbellefax Member Posts: 10
    Thanks for posting bear_4_life. My dealer offered 4.9% on 60 months, despite my squeaky clean history (including a prior 36 month lease with Audi Financial) and a 753 auto beacon score.

Anyone have luck getting 3.9% on 60 months as bear states above? I'm curious to know what kind of credit score is required for that.
  • anithaanitha Member Posts: 15
    Bellefax...I got 3.9% for A4 (60 months) in Columbus, Ohio. My credit score is around 740 .
    First he offered 4.9%. I told him that another dealer is offering 3.9% (which was true) and he agreed to 3.9.

Which state do you live in?
    I'm in Washington Anitha.
  • kduda1kduda1 Member Posts: 15
    Sorry I didn't reply. I don't recall getting an email w/ your post, and I've been super busy and not had much time to read lately. If you're still looking, holler back at me. Don't know if I can offer much, but I'll be glad to share what I know.

Again, I apologize for not getting back w/ you sooner.
    Bellefax - you're a current Audi customer right? I thought I saw you have a lease on an 06 A4 or something. I'd think that with your score, and loyalty incentives (you are getting something for being an existing customer, right? Cash back on the purchase?), they'd give you the best rate. I was able to get 1.9% for 36 months without any hassle here in CA with the state's economy in turmoil.

Check the Audi website for "Loyalty" or call other Audi dealers nearby asking what a credit score like yours should qualify for rate-wise for 60 months. Maybe Washington is really that high (on the low end for people with good credit), but I doubt it.

Or are you trying to secure financing to buyout your current lease? The rates quoted on Edmunds, etc... are for new cars. I really couldn't tell you what financing on existing leases for purchase might run.
    Thanks Bear. I've been told by an out-of-state dealer that those rates are also valid on CPO vehicles.

Dealers in my area are incredibly reluctant to discuss finance rates - can't get a straight answer from anyone. I'm thinking they hold those back as a way to make a percent or two on the deal.

Anyone out there who can speak to rates in Greater Seattle area (esp. on a CPO car)?

(P.S. Yes Bear, I'm an existing Audi customer, but am hoping to buy out my leased car as a CPO)
  • phils33phils33 Member Posts: 1
    I just got a quote on a 2009 A4 3.2 premium plus for $35,900, which includes the $2000 owner loyalty money. MSRP was $41,300. Good deal?
    Invoice is $38,462. I would shoot for invoice -$1500 before the loyalty. So you should get it for $35,000.
  • lokaklokak Member Posts: 28
    Just got an offer for 2009 A4 2.0 CVT Premium Plus with chrome exhaust for $33,825. MSRP is $35,955. I have great credit and got 3.9% APR for 60 months with Audi making the first two payments.

Also, they're quoting me $299 for ceramic tinting, I'm not too sure how much this usually costs, but I didn't think tinting would be that much.
  • new7new7 Member Posts: 2
    I’ve read the recent buying experiences in this post, very helpful. I got my offer today for a silver metallic A4 2.0 premium plus for $34,300 and 1.9% financing for 36 moths. I do not qualify for Loyalty/Conquest rebate, but the dealer will pay the first 2 payments and I’ll take care for the rest 34. The sales told me, including everything (TTL), my final payments will $1045.95/m for 34 months. So the add up total will be $35,562. Does this sound like a reasonable deal? I’m planning to get the car next week. Thanks.
  • mattydmattyd Member Posts: 21
    Got a quote last week for a 2009 white on black 2.0 A4 quattro sedan w/ Premium Plus (Premium here), auto, no options: $45 799 bfr tax if financed (2.9% up to 72 mon), or $44 299 bfr tx if cash. It's from a broker, but one of the dealers I test drove at said he'd likely be able to beat it.

Salesdude said they just had their best ever quarter (Q1), so they're not likely to go much lower (it's true). I personally think it's still way high. Anyone in Ontario (Toronto or other area) do better?
    Was the MSRP $38,350? If so, you got a good deal. Where are you located?
  • new7new7 Member Posts: 2
    MSRP $37,875. I'm in PA.
  • blushtypeblushtype Member Posts: 2
    I purchased last week in the Montreal area a 2.0T Premium A4 at $3750 CDN under the MRSP.
    Until June 30th, there's a $3000 CDN factory to dealer rebate. The salesman gave it back to me + the metallic paint.
    I'm sure your dealer can do better.

Good luck
    blushtype, was yours auto? quattro? Sedan? And the only option was metallic paint? What price did you pay before G/PST? The $3k rebate was offered to me for cash only; I imagine you didn't use Audi financing, right?
    The MSRP looks odd, if I configure a Premium Plus with metal paint it comes to $38,350. I think in either case you got a pretty good deal.
  • blushtypeblushtype Member Posts: 2
    My car is automatic, quattro, sedan with metallic paint (Deep Sea Blue).
    I paid $43,695. CDN before taxes including the $100.air conditionning federal tax, preparation and transportation.

You're right, I didn't use Audi financing.
    A broker at Transdeal.ca gave me the "invoice" pricing for the 2009 Audi auto quattro A4 sedan w/ Premium package, and some options. (Quotes are 'cuz I haven't independently verified w/ CCC, APA, etc.)
    car only 41 346
    Add profit 1 650
    PDI 995
    freight 800
    admin 295
    air/gas taxes 175
    reb. if cash -3000
    Total bfr tx 42 261

Other options and their invoice cost that she told me about:
    Sport pack 1 638
    met paint 683
    Yeah that is a great deal it's $900 less than I paid for the a $38,400 MSRP
    I probably could have pushed the price $200-300 lower but didn't want to take a risk since the 2009 inventory is getting thin. So I got an automatic Premium Plus 2.0T Quattro with metallic paint (Silver). No other options besides Premium Plus.

$34,800
    -$1,000 (Conquest)
    -$1,877 (Two payments by Audi)
    -----------
    $31,923

I only calculated the principle for the two payments by Audi, if you included the interest for two months as well it would be a bit more. I negotiated the price to include the dealer doc fee which would have been over $200 normally. Price does not include TTL, just the car and the doc fee. I'm in New England if anyone cares.
  • draz2draz2 Member Posts: 50
    For the 2.0T, quatro, automatic A4 premium plus with all weather floor mats, exhaust tips and wheel locks. The MSRP on this is $38,785 and Edmunds has a TMV price of $36,578.

What can I really expect to pay for this.

TIA for any help you can give me. I'm really awful at negotiating and I need to know what to expect!!!
    ;-)
    See what the invoice price on Edmunds is and try to get invoice-$1500. Potential rebates not included in that number.
  • mnemonsmnemons Member Posts: 3
    I paid $37000 for a 2.0T Quattro automatic A4 with Prestige Option, metallic paint, exhaust tips, wood trim, and Audi care.
  • emattsematts Member Posts: 6
    So, it's now Friday and I have the weekend to decide on this.

I was offered the following deal:

A4 Quattro Premium
    Quartz Gray
    Bluetooth
    Homelink
    iPod interface
    Rear/side air bags
    NO heated seats

My cost $470/month, $400 out-of-pocket. 12,000 miles/year for 36 months.

I'm not a big car shopper and wanted to know how I did? I think the sticker was $35,750 which was the highest priced Premiums they had on the lot.
    I am wondering whether you are aware that the A4 with premium option does not come with the R8 inspired LED Daytime Running Light. (You might want to take that into consideration.)
  • emattsematts Member Posts: 6
    Yes. I'm aware the LEDs don't come with Premium. However, I'll never see them. And the dealer wasn't making any deals on Premium Plus.
    True. On Canadian ones it's standard, while on US ones it isn't (it's an option or you move up to the Premium Plus).
  • krish9krish9 Member Posts: 19
    I am getting an A4 Quattro Prestige with Nav for $39,900 (has sunshades on ~ $500). I have done quite a bit of negotiating before they could come down to this price. Do you think it's a good deal? This is before the audi payments for 2 months.

Can you guys let me know soon? The dealer is after me to close the deal. Unfortunately I hadn't seen this forum earlier, otherwise I would have asked questions during my negotiations :).

KK
  • backroadbackroad Member Posts: 12
    Is this a good deal? I can't tell b/c it's hard to know based on camparing numbers

Having trouble understanding the dealer's quote

35,320 is cap cost on Premium Plus quattro A4 2.0T with silver exterior, black interior, standard metal interior trim (no wood) - that is 10K miles per year with a residual of 19530. The cap cost includes 500 off via Conquest and subtracting the first month payment. The money factor is 0.00071. This makes for a total monthly payment of 503, which is 488 + 39 + 64 (base + lease fee + tax). I give 1052 down for license and title.

I thought the tax is usually paid up front? Why are they including it in each payment.

Thanks,
    Marshal
  • hotrod63hotrod63 Member Posts: 3
    MSRP 38,725 included Prem Plus, Nav and wood optiions. I went through UBS and final price was $36,764. The internet sales price would have been around $37,500. Limited 2009 inventories in DC, MD No. Va area. I have owned Buick, Camry, Avalon and Volvo s80.. hands down this 2009 Audi A4 is the best car I have ever owned. No detail was overlooked and I especially love the 30 mpg hwy have gone as high as 32 mpg.
    Hi,

Is there a limit on the amount that Audi will pay for the 2 payments? If I am buying a car with a finance for 2 years, will they pay for the 2 months with no limit on the payment amount.

thanks,
    KK
    Congrats on your new Audi! I am trying to close a deal by the end of this month.

Do you know if I can take a 2 year loan and make Audi eat up larger payments for 2months? Is there any limit on the amount they will pay? Thanks in advance for your help.

KK
    I am not sure whether there is any limit. But I remembered my dealer told me that I could not pay out the car in 14 months. Otherwise, Audi Financial Services will take away the 2 payments AFS made.
    As far as I know, the answer is "no" on the amount but "yes" on the length of the term. When I closed the deal, the dealer wrote in the financing docs (which are about as long as your arm), that AFS would pay the first two payments and that I (the customer) would only need to make 34 payments over the life of the loan.

The dealer said that the 2 payment incentive was only good for loans of 36 months or more which makes sense. They obviously want to limit the incentive somehow and this is one way to do it. I don't think you can get them to go down to 24 months but give it a shot.

To max the value of the 2 free payments, I shortened the length of the term to the min they would allow which was 36 months and didn't even put down a penny downpayment. They said that if I paid the loan off after 12 payments, that AFS could go after the dealer for the "lost" two payments. In CA, I don't think they can go after the customer for these unless it is explicitly stated in the loan docs. I still have to get my first payment in the mail (dealer said that it should show an automatic credit for the next two months and my first true payment wouldn't be till Sept) and the value of both payments should be around $2,400 in total.

Hope this helps. You should get clarity on this in case they have changed it due to people like me. Also, make sure something is amended in the loan docs and clearly states that AFS pays the first two payments so you have proof that the deal was struck.

Good luck.
    Bear
    My finance document clearly states the following:

"Prepayment. If you pay off all your debt early, you will not have to pay a penalty."

I wasn't told by the dealer either that I could not pay off the balance earlier. Not that I asked, but in the end only the signed contract counts.
    Thank you for all the information. I will try to find out. I am also planning to not put a down payment.

~K