Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Audi A4 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• ghstudioghstudio Member Posts: 972
    You didn't mention, but you are buying a 4wd auto car (?). since the invoice on your car is 33,748, it sounds like you have an audi owner discount...and if so, you are paying $500 over invoice which is a good price for the car.

If you don't own an audi....then maybe there is already some marketing money on the 2010s...if so, please let me know.

As far as the lease goes, I don't understand why your out of pocket is so high....read my previous posts. I would expect an out of pocket of $458 plus registration and required taxes only.....which would be maybe $700 total, depending on your state. All fees like administrative fees, bank fees should be rolled into the lease....not paid up front.
  • samuel17samuel17 Member Posts: 9
    Sorry....it indeed was for a Quattro AWD. The out of pocket included the first months payment, acquisition fee of $625, licence and reg. of about $580, and small cap cost reduction of about $200. It was my request to have about $1800 out of pocket. That was what I was comfortable with and I was already pushing my monthly payment
  • davmiksaldavmiksal Member Posts: 3
    I have the following deal pending:
    Premium Plus and Navigation, manual transmission
    MSRP $39,175
    Selling price $37,074.55 (invoice of $36,492 + $200 + tri-state ad fee $187.55 + port and prep charge $195)
    36 months
    15K miles per year
    Residual 53% (52% plus 1% for adding Audi Care for $740 paid for separately)
    Taxes and fees up front
    Monthly $545.65

Does that seem reasonable?
    audi care and the "fees" should be rolled into the lease....not paid up front. $500 over invoice for a 2010 sounds like a good price (call it ad fee, port/prep charge, whatever).
  • kcrakcra Member Posts: 2
    2010 A4 quattro, manual transmission, sport package-- meaning it's lower, 18in wheels, sport seats, etc., white on black interior... i am in love with this car. looks like this car was a show model at some point-- which i will hopefully be able to use in my favor...

problem is i'm a female in a car dealership and i don't know cars well enough to determine where they can move on this deal:

the lease option on the table-- their "final offer" is:
    36 months, 15k miles
    $500/month
    $1500 plus first month down

I think the down payment is too high-- especially based on the other posts but I'm wondering what i should counter with... dealership is in miami.

The msrp they are giving me is $32750 and believe the residual is 52%
    based on my experience with another audi dealer it seems like they should be able to waive the aquisition fee, the annual fee, and/or the initial fee in determining the down payment. is that correct?

please let me know what you think--
    You're doing great so far....at least you are asking BEFORE you sign the deal :)

I believe the MSRP on the car you want to lease is $34625 and the invoice is $32259...so $32750 sounds pretty good...but then there are the hidden fees :(.

Here's what you need to know (and tell us).

1) what are they adding to the $32259 price. For example, are they adding any origination fee, bank fee, administrative fee, port preparation fees, advertising fees,......

2) Ask them to run the lease with you putting no money down....your first payment will be your first month's lease payment plus registration fee and any taxes required by law. Note: you are not required to pay any other fees up front...they should all be part of the lease...and you should know all of the fees and why they are being charged.

3) ask them for the money factor they are using (it will be something like .0018) and the residual percent.they are using.

4) if you are buying audicare, they should add 1% to the residual.

I am curious what's in the $1500 down..because it's more than title/registration and you shouldn't be paying it up front.

give us all the fees and taxes they are charging you either as part of the lease or trying to have you pay up front.
  • koshka_begemotkoshka_begemot Member Posts: 9
    Does any one have money factor and residual on A4 avant premium 15K/36month lease?
    would be greatly appreciated!!!
    (this board seems a bit more alive than the lease one)
  • kennynmdkennynmd Member Posts: 424
    Just searched edmunds page and notice that there are no incentives/rebates on 09 A4's/ I only saw lease specaials. Can anyone confirm???
  • 601wood601wood Member Posts: 1
    How much of a discount should I expect on a 2009 leftover, compared to a comparable 2010?
  • kcrakcra Member Posts: 2
    first thank you so much!
    second, answers to those questions and an update.. made a little progress today but still haven't quite committed.. :blush:

ended up at $32,200 for a adjusted capitalized cost (?)... he told me it was under invoice-- guess that part was correct-- the invoice he showed me was something like $33,175 with the MSRP of $35,350.

with a 36 month lease and 15k the final deal was 1500 down (which included first month) and $516/month (7% sales tax included in that number-- think it was $482 or so before tax)... residual was 53% without audicare-- 54% and $533/month with audicare rolled into monthly payments. money factor was .00157.

i asked about a 42 month lease and the MF went to .00177 and the residual dropped to 49% but monthly payment dropped to $500. with audicare-- residual went to 50% and monthly payment hit $513 or so...

what do you think about 42 month leases? and is audicare worth it?

I need to check out what all the fees were tomorrow-- got your message a little late today but he did tell me that the upfront fees/taxes totaled $1428... fees as far as i know included acquisition fee, registration, title and license fees-- not positive on the exact break down but i think the acquisition fee was $600. He said i could roll the fees into the monthly payment-- with only the first month payment down, montly would be about $550, including the 7% sales tax.

i think tomorrow might be the big day... you think there's any room for them to move? the sales manager told me they can absolutely not go any lower anywhere bc they are already losing money on the deal. i dont know how true that is though...

thanks again for your help!
  • mattylipmattylip Member Posts: 1
    I have really enjoyed reading this forum. The comments/advice have been very helpful.

I have been offered the following deal:

2009 A4 Premium Quattro Automatic
    Silver/black
    Additional options: Bluetooth, Homelink, Symphony radio
    MSRP: $35,080
    Price: $31,550 plus 7% tax of $2,208.50 plus DMV fees of $563.80 for a total of $34,322.30.

It seems like a good deal based upon the Edmunds invoice price of $33,250 and the TMV of $33,642. Does anyone have any comments? Should I wait for the September incentives for the 2009s before committing?

Also, I am being offered 4.9% financing through Audi for 60 months. My credit is 800+. Is anyone aware of better financing through a bank or credit union? I applied online with Chase and got their “best” rate of 5.2%. I called a local credit union and was quoted 5.49% as their best rate. I asked the dealership for a lower rate and they are “seeing what they can do.” I am in the Philadelphia area.
    OK...progress.

They aren't losing money. I believe there is marketing money available to move the 2009's...it was $2000...and if it's still available, then you should view the invoice price as the invoice he showed you less $2000. I believe they could take off another $1500 using the marketing money. I suspect they are also charging an administration fee of probably $500 or so which is just profit for the dealer. Dealers would like you to believe that's a charge after you negotiate your price...but it's really part of the negotiated price. When they give you a price, make sure it includes this extra "profit" item.

The only way to compare leases of different lengths is to add up all the costs....any money you put down up front plus all the payments and then divide by the number of months for the lease. Don't compare monthly payments.

AudiCare is up to you....Personally, I don't follow the dealer suggested "required" services because they are the biggest profit item in the entire dealership. You don't need to pay for all those "checks". Just change the oil regularly, change any fluids that the audi book says you have to replace (note..I said audi manual, not the dealer's helpful extras). Rotate the tires when needed. You are not required to do all the dealer suggested services as part of the lease although they will try to convince you to do it. (I've leased about 8 cars...never had a problem with any dealer on service. One interesting check on your dealers ethics.....ask to see what they recommend doing on the different services. If you see them including adding any "additives" (gas/oil), they are actually suggesting something that the manufacturer suggests you not do....it's profit!!!!. I actually had a dealer replace the oil in a jeep because he put in an additive I didn't agree to. He did it after I pointed out that the manual specifically said, do not use any additives!.

So I think you should be able to get a little more off the capitalized cost (agreed upon selling price) and you should roll all the fees into the payments. Add all the payments up, you're paying the same thing...so why not pay over time....and you protect yourself if your car is totalled or stolen.

good luck.
    mattylip....sounds like a great deal. Good luck on financing. Check out different number of months though....sometimes you can get a great deal if you pay off the car in less months. If you have stocks/bonds, consider financing the car on margin....or if you own real estate, you could consider a second mortgage. My guess is that 4.9 will sound good in a couple of years.
  • cb77cb77 Member Posts: 2
    Your TMV is high. It is actually around $31k and that matches with what people here have been getting. With your credit score, you should be able to get 4.1-4.3% from Bank of America and/or the dealer. Push for the lower rate. I think it is a pretty good deal. Edmunds shows the $2500 marketing support extends to Nov now and the 2.9% is still there so. The only thing I don't see left from August is the $1000 Audi owner incentive. Don't know if there'll be anything additional in September.
    here is what i just got quoted:
    MF: 0.00203 (grrr)
    Residual: 53%
    Any comments?
  • mrwinstonmrwinston Member Posts: 3
    I was given this offer:

2009 Audi A4 Premium Plus
    MSRP: $38,500
    Price: $34,500

Is there anyway I can get this down more? And if so, how much should I be expecting to call it a deal?
    You have to tell us the specific car/model and duration of the lease. The numbers are different depeding on whether you are buying a 2wd, avant etc....and they differ by lease length.

The residual sounds like it's a 36 month lease (without audicare) and I'm not all together sure about your money factor.
    For a 2009 A4, I would expect to pay $2000 UNDER invoice. That's because there's $2500 of marketing money depending on model and features you choose..

The quote you have is way high.....
    Sorry, it was in the title not in the body:
    So numbers quoted are for:
    2010 A4 Avant Premium 15K/36 month
    no audicare as you mentioned. It just residual seems pretty low (53%) for september and money factor pretty high (0.00203). I've dug out some historical numbers for avant (same mileage/monhs) for august/september in 2007 and they were 57%/0.00175 - so either this program is really bad, or dealer is really fudging their numbers.

Actually, if any one has info on the 2010 A4 Sedan Premium Quatro AWD for 15K/36 months - that would be greatly appreciated!
    thanks!
  • mrwinstonmrwinston Member Posts: 3
    My offer was 2009 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro Sdn Premium Plus

MSRP: $38,500
    Price: $34,500

How much less would make this car a good deal?
  • stirfryguystirfryguy Member Posts: 4
    I'm looking at purchasing a CPO 2007 A4 2.0T either AT or MT... whichever deal I find I'll get.

I'm looking at Fred Lavery in Michigan and here are the following specs:

Price: 25,495
    Milage: 21,500
    AT
    Sunroof/Premium Package. Any other information I have to call for.

Is there room for negotiations on this car? I also have a Audi/VW Friends and Family coupon. Am I able to use the coupon on used cars?

Thanks for a great forum and the help.
  • vincentlinvincentlin Member Posts: 6
    Any chance you can tell us which dealer you used?
  • guyloveaudiguyloveaudi Member Posts: 1
    I've been shopping around for an Audi 2009 A4 2.0T Quattro with Premium Plus. I came across this dealership that offered me a price $4,000 off the MSRP so its...

MSRP: $38,750
    Invoice: $36,489
    Price: $34,000
    and out the door price would be around $36,489 with the tax, license plate and everything

I don't think this is a good deal.... so I was wondering what you all think I should do
  • dusandusan Member Posts: 1
    Just to mention, I don't know if this will help you:
    For 2009 Audi 3.2 the dealers routinely offer $5000 off MSRP even without asking.
  • aquitanaaquitana Member Posts: 3
    I recently bougt a 2010 a4. The car was at the port and I was told at the time that it would take about a week to bring he car to thedealership. That as 2 weeks ago and still I don't have the car and they can't tell me when it will arrive. Is this normal? What's a typical amount of time?
    Audi has cars at the dock but for some reason, known only to their management, they have chosen to keep them at the docks instead of sending them to dealers. The 2010 cars have been officially announced, the dealers have one or two...the dealers even have leasing rates...but there is no flow of cars.

No one know why there is a delay.....and no dealer seems to know when they will actually be blessed with a car showing up on their lot. Audi's mode of operation seems to be that they just drop off cars in the middle of the night and the dealer finds them mysteriously on their lot (that's really how an Audi sales manager explained it to me)

This does not speak well of Audi US because if they can't get cars to their dealers, one has to wonder about parts.

Perhaps the cars are being held hostage while discussions go on between Porsche, Audi and VW....who knows.
    update. Apparently my local dealer has decided not to order 2010's or there is something else going on because they have received only 3 2010 A4's. Dealers to the north and south of us have over well over 10 each.

I guess that is telling me that I shouldn't count on having a local Audi dealer I can rely on locally.
  • the_bobthe_bob Member Posts: 1
    same problem as hungster10 and others where stopping is jerky on 09 A4 Tiptronic. The problem occurs as the car is almost at a final stop and downshifts from D2->D1, bringing the car to an overly abrupt stop.

Not sure if it's related, but I noticed once where I was pulling out from a stop and auto stayed in D1 til it red-lined.
  • krish9krish9 Member Posts: 19
    I have the same issue and also a couple of other issues. I have had the car for about 2 months now. I just emailed the dealer today and am waiting for his reply.

Anyone has any information or has any communication with the dealer regarding this issue or issues they want to share? I found few more A4 owners with the same problem on www.audiforums.com. All having the same problems I have.

I seem to have all the problems listed - the jerking (confused transmission issue), car vibration between 60mph and 75mph, vibration in the steering wheel while reversing the car, mp3 player not reading all files on CD etc.

Anyone experiencing these other issues?

~K
  • members78members78 Member Posts: 140
    wow, it sounds like i shouldnt be cross-shoping this car. you would think by the 2nd model year all the wrinkles were ironed out. and consumer reports gave this car all red circles (good). so i dont understand why there are so many problems that are shared by other audi users....
    Hi members78,

Overall this is a great car - looks wise, feel and driving. Amazing car! Only a few cars have these issues. I think my car vibration problems might be related to the 18" wheels I have (as it has been reported by some owners who had their tires balanced or changed by Audi). Anyway, I will know soon what the dealer says. I will come back and post the replies here.
    This shouldn't stop you from shopping :). Good luck.

~K
    Sounds shady. But since I haven't gone through the same experience I can't comment much on it. But here's what happened with me -

When I was buying my car, I was offered a loan rate 1% higher (than what Audi FS was offering) when I went to the financial guy to sign the papers. I had done my research and was very adamant (ready to walk out). I stopped the paper work right there. I bought the car only after i was satisfied and got the rate that I knew I should get.

~K
  • hungster10hungster10 Member Posts: 6
    Hey guys, sorry for haven't had a chance to follow up on the issue I posted awhile back. Regarding the "jerking" issue on 2009 A4 Tiptronic..just an fyi if you haven't spoken with your local audi dealership: ask them to check and balance the TCM ( I remember correctly it's called Transmission Control Module) and it will take care of the issue.

In any case, I have discovered two new issues w/ my car:

1. when reversing or pulling forward while "turning" the steering wheel at slow speed (less 10mph) i get tons of vibration on the steering wheel. I complained w/ my local dealership and they told me it's a known issue for audi. They are currently working on a resolution. I have a bug number if you're interested.
    2. sometimes my car gets stuck in D2 like 5 secs. It happens once a month maybe. My local dealership had ran some tests and they didn't find anything fishy.

Any of you experience these issues w/ your a4 2009? Let me know.

Hung
    Hey krish, sorry for haven't had a chance to follow up on the issue I posted awhile back. Regarding the "jerking" issue on 2009 A4 Tiptronic..just an fyi if you haven't spoken with your local audi dealership: ask them to check and balance the TCM ( I remember correctly it's called Transmission Control Module) and it will take care of the issue.

In any case, I have discovered two new issues w/ my car:

1. when reversing or pulling forward while "turning" the steering wheel at slow speed (less 10mph) i get tons of vibration on the steering wheel. I complained w/ my local dealership and they told me it's a known issue for audi. They are currently working on a resolution. I have a bug number if you're interested.
    2. sometimes my car gets stuck in D2 like 5 secs. It happens once a month maybe. My local dealership had ran some tests and they didn't find anything fishy.

Any of you experience these issues w/ your a4 2009? Let me know.

Hung
    Hello All,

I purchased my 2009 A4 with Premium Package earlier this year and absolutely love it. In any case, I have discovered a couple of issues w/ my car and wanted to see if any of you experience the same thing:

1. when reversing or pulling forward "while turning" the steering wheel at slow speed (less 10mph) I get tons of vibration on the steering wheel. I complained w/ my local dealership and they told me it's a known issue for audi. They are currently working on a resolution. I have a bug number if you're interested.

Any of you experience these issues w/ your a4 2009? If so, how did you work with your local dealership to fix them?

Let me know. If possible, drop me a line at hung.le@ovi.com.

Thanks a bunch. Hung
    Hi Hung,

Thank you for replying. That is very useful information. I also have issue #1 in the list of two new issues you stated.

I just waited for about 2 months so that I can give the whole list at once. Here's my neat looking list :D that I sent to the dealer (still waiting for his reply).

1. Jerk/grab on the wheels at very slow speeds, while slowing and accelerating.

2. The car vibrates between 60 and 75 mph (its felt in the steering and by the passengers). Below and above these speeds, there is no vibration.

3. Car steering vibrates when I am turning the cars in very very slow speeds (happens many times and very badly/violently sometimes).

4. Reading mp3 CD's. There seems to be a limitation on the number of files it can read per directory or some type of file naming it can't handle. I can't see all the tracks in the folders. Similar thing with the ipod.

Anyone noticing other things/issues?

Krish
  • auditt180auditt180 Member Posts: 4
    Car_Man & others,

Thinking of purchasing the end of line A4 convertible due to attractive pricing on the "special edition". For the leasing option there is residual info on the audi website (50%) but can Car_Man/others advise on the money factor.

In terms of cap cost reduction, I thinking that I should be able to achieve a $9k (approx. 20-21%) reduction off MRSP:

4k rebate CVT ($5k 2.0 quattro, $6k 3.2)
    2k loyalty
    3k diff between MRSP & invoice

I'm in SoCal and there seems to be a lot of inventory (2.0t very few 3.2) - does anyone have recent buying experience for this vehicle? Also is the new generation A4 convertible scheduled for 2011 model yr?
    Hung,

I experienced issue #2 (on your list) yesterday. It's the first time and only time I have seen it. I will report back if the frequency increases.

Krish
    Hi Krish,

1. Jerk/grab on the wheels at very slow speeds, while slowing and accelerating.

Possible solution: Describe the issue to your local audi dealership and ask them to check and balance the "TCM" (Transmission Control Module). The issue should be fixed once the TCM is balanced. That was done to fix the issue on my car.

2. The car vibrates between 60 and 75 mph (its felt in the steering and by the passengers). Below and above these speeds, there is no vibration.

I think I had this issue once but haven't been able to reproduce it. I first thought it was the road I was on causing the problem. I actually went back the same highway and unfortunately didn't experience the issue, which triggered me to believe it was my car.
    3. Car steering vibrates when I am turning the cars in very very slow speeds (happens many times and very badly/violently sometimes).

Yep. We both have this issue and Audi is currently working on a resolution. Send me an email (provided in my previous msg) and I will provide you a bug number if interested.

4. Reading mp3 CD's. There seems to be a limitation on the number of files it can read per directory or some type of file naming it can't handle. I can't see all the tracks in the folders. Similar thing with the ipod.

I haven't used any CDs since purchasing the car in early 09. In any case, I don't seem to have this issue with my ipod classic. I actually played some music from an SD card last week and it seems to be working fine though I didn't spend a whole lot of time poking around. I don't really like how it reads and displays content on the card but it could be affected by the software I used from Nokia for my Mac :).

Anyone noticing other things/issues?

Krish
  • ttnashttnash Member Posts: 3
    2010 A4 2.0T premiun automatic with blue paint and heated front seat. no other options.
    with the OTD 33,100.
    The car was 30,750 before TTL. with the 1,500 Audi incentive cashback. msrp was 35,400.
    Was the price reasonable for the car?

*the salesman who owns a 07 3.2 and 09 2.0T A4 told me that I can spend about $450 to chip the car to 265hp and 333tq. He had it 3 years and worked fine. Will that harm the engine?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,100
    *the salesman who owns a 07 3.2 and 09 2.0T A4 told me that I can spend about $450 to chip the car to 265hp and 333tq. He had it 3 years and worked fine. Will that harm the engine?

Not necessarily, but it could... And, the service technician can tell if you've made modifications.. If you have related problems in the future (virtually anything with the drivetrain or driveability), you can bet they will deny warranty coverage...

Engine mods should really wait until after the warranty period...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• newaudi09newaudi09 Member Posts: 3
    I have been reading this forum for the last few weeks, and it's been a good learning experience. I agreed on the following final offer from my dealer:

2009 A4 2.0T Quattro Prestige + Navigation, Metallic Paint
    MSRP: 44,200
    Invoice: 41,166
    Price: 38,200 +TTL

I thought it was a good deal. Thoughts?

Now when it comes to financing, I got the following options:

Lease -
    Three year lease, MMF 0.00176, Residual 45%, Audi Care and other options added, monthly payment $775. Seems like the MMF and Residual seem odd based on other postings here.

Financing -
    36 months, 3.95% rate, monthly payment $1,270
    60 months, 4.75% rate, monthly payment $805
    (Audi Care not included here)
    I will probably go with this option, but rates seem somewhat high. I have read online incentives/offers in which APR is 1.9% on 36 months financing. My Credit Score is around 780. What do you think?

Any thoughts/comments will be greatly appreciated. I have to make a decision right away... :confuse:
    Thanks again
  • cesaritocesarito Member Posts: 1
    Hello, just bought my car yesterday - traded in my old '06 A4.
    Love it so far!
    I have been reading about these known issues and you better
    believe it I will be alert and looking out for these. Will be definetely
    checking this blog to update myself on any other known issues. Let's continue to make this one an awesome and informative forum.
    You should push for the 1.9% APR. When I bought my car, they told me that I can only get 2.9%. I stopped the deal then and there ready to walkout...immediately the finance guy said ok 1.9%. It was a trick that they tried to play on me.

If you have read that the financing from AFS is 1.9% and know your facts they should be able to stop you from getting it. My credit score was slightly more than yours but that shouldn't matter.

For the same car, I payed lesser than what you were offered but again I had AFS making 2 payments for me which brought the price down.

I bought the car and didn't lease it.

Hope that helps.

Krish
    I asked the guy about the 1.9% and he said that it did not apply to this car... I saw the 1.9% here on Edmunds.com. I am not sure how I can push that to the dealership.

Another dealer explained that you either get the cash rebate (which supposedly is already built into the lower price) or the lower financing rate.

I am planning on buying it, but I wish the financing rate was lower. I have looked around in other banks, credit unions, etc and I get around the same rate of 3.9%. How can I push the 1.9% to the dealership?
    hi,

I am not going to say go by my word. But in my experience the sales people say anything. I would say check on audiusa.com. If its there and it doesn't say that you can't combine the apr with rebate then the dealer has to give it to you.

One good way you can try is call up another dealer elsewhere. Tell them that you looking to buy an audi and want to know about the financing options. Some where in your conversation you can mention that you heard about cash rebates and ask them to give you both. See what they say. If they say it can be done then you know that this dealer is just playing hardball. Good luck :).

Let me know what happens.

~K
    Just wanted to add that I am not aware of any of the current deals. I am telling based on my experiences.

~K
    Thanks for all your help. I called another dealership and the salesman mentioned that you can either have the cash rebate or the low financing.

At this point, I am just tired of the transaction, so I just want to get it over with. :sick: I think I got a decent deal, it's possible it could be better. I just want to get and enjoy the car...
  • autoowner79autoowner79 Member Posts: 1
    I got a deal from dealers, but I am not sure this is good deal or not.
    The car is,
    2009 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro Sedan Prem. Plus.
    Ext. Color: Ice silver, Int. Color: Black

I got a $33,500 for only car (before tax and the fees).
    How about this?
  • anng28anng28 Member Posts: 1
    Hi! I'm planning to purchase a 2009 Audi a4 2.0 quattro, premium plus. I would like to know if the navigation system is worth the extra $2,000+ or should I stick with my Garmin. How is the navi working for those who have it? :)