Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Audi A4 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• spano1spano1 Member Posts: 13
    I don't have direct knowledge of how the system functions but here are a couple other things to consider.

- no navigation means you don't have the full system controls on the lower console.
    - no navigation means no backup camera / parking system
    - no navigation means no traffic alerts (unless you have that on your garmin)

I am not trying to sell you Nav.... I was debating the same question last week and would prefer to have all those options as well as NOT having something stuck to my window and wires hanging down.

Cheers!
  • mommaroo1mommaroo1 Member Posts: 8
    audi jacksonville deal for:

Quartz Gray

Balck interior

Exhaust Tips

All Weather Floor Mats

Audi Music Interface

Bluetooth

Homelink Garage Door

Wheel Locks

Total MSRP $33,725

Invoice $31,728.50

is $29,446 a fair price? i'm not happy with financing offer---6.39%-66 months

credit score 755. dealer said if i take audi financing, i lose incentive--any comments appreciated
  • hungster10hungster10 Member Posts: 6
    moma, 29.5 sounds like a great deal to me. but i guess u will have to deal w/ high financing.

anng288, all tru w/ you u said but a built-in nav system makes my mind lazy and that's why i don't like to have one, not to mention it might costly when u need to update the map data. a garmin unit should do the trick for me only when truly needed.

in general, if it justifies for your budget then go for it. it doesn't for me. i recently purchased a lexus is 250 for my younger bro and it has nav system and it's arlite. i don't care much b/c it's his car :).
  • xraymanrrxraymanrr Member Posts: 34
    ttnash

where did you get this great deal on a 2010 A4 premium 2.0T
    samuel 17

great price. what dealership gave you this price
    khoon

great price

what is C4C
    did you have a trade in to get your price of over $10K off MSRP or was the car a demo?
    I just leased a 2010 A4 2.0 FWD - Premium Plus, Navigation, & 18" Sport package. I had been pricing this car for 2 weeks and walked out of various dealerships - in the end I just wanted to be done with shopping but feel like I got a decent deal. I have since received a few return calls and probably could have leased at approx. $520 per month if I was willing to hold out longer. Extremely happy with the car and love the drive!! :)

MSRP = $39775
    Cap Cost (includes Audicare) = $36769
    MF = 0.00103
    Monthly = $487.47
    9.75 Tax - hate california right now
    Term = 42 months
    TOTAL = $535 / month

Drive-offs only money down (approx. numbers as I don't want to go look them up):
    License = $525
    First Month = $535
    Lease Acq = $625
    Security = $525
    TOTAL = 2210.00
  • andyfromjerseyandyfromjersey Member Posts: 7
    2007 with Premium, Quattro, Convience, Black on Black w/ 29,100k miles.

Asking = $25,995
    Would like it for = $21,995

Is the certified pre-owned warranty even worth it? Anyone w/ experience buying an Audi w/ the warranty? How much does regular maintenance cost on these cars @ 35k, 45k, etc. + Oil Changes, Brake Pads, etc.

Any help is appreciated, haven't test drove it but definitely excited!
  • sandiegoaudisandiegoaudi Member Posts: 2
    The certified warranty is worth it for sure ...
    I bought a certified 2004 audi a4 in April 2007 and I have used that warranty more than I can imagine, my car has been towed twice (both times covered by warranty/ problems with the coils).
    My airbag sensor malfunctioned twice... covered
    I had a coolant leak that required 3 different trips to the dealer to get it fixed... covered.
    I bought the car with 41k miles and now I have 86k miles, and I'm just about to bring it into the dealership to get serviced, this time scheduled.
    I love my car though, I'm planning on buying a certified 2009 Audi a4 next year.
  • andyfromjerseyandyfromjersey Member Posts: 7
    Thank you for the advice.. Do you have any service records, how much do you usually pay when you bring it in to the dealership?

How much did you pay under sticker price when you bought your Audi?

Thanks a lot
  • sandiegoaudisandiegoaudi Member Posts: 2
    I bought my 2004 Audi a4 1.8T silver/black for $17300. I don't know how I got that price.. I was in the Volkswagen/Audi dealership looking for a 2007 passat and the Audi was sitting right in front on sale for 18500. I offered 16500 cash and we met at 17300. I thought it was an amazing deal for a 3 year old car with only 40k miles... plus I got the Certified warranty on top of that ( which i'm still using) ...
    When I bought my car the certified warranty required a 50 dollar deductible, so... I have to pay that everytime I get something fixed (now that the regular factory warranty is out (and has been since 50k I have 85k now.) However sometimes I bring it in for multiple things and they only charge the 50.00 once. It's not 50.00 per item being fixed its 50.00 per repair in general. The oil changes run $105.00, I only get my oil changed every 10,000 miles.
    I had the timing belt replaced at 77k... around 1400.00 or maybe it was 1200.00 but my timing belt was cracked so I had to get it fixed right then...
    That being said, The car runs great for a 2004, I love it, I make frequent trips from San Diego to Santa Barbara and I feel safe in it. I loved my A4 so much I recommended one to my dad but he ended up with a certified 2006 a6 quattro last year. He loves it. My sister has a 2005 X5 and she is looking to get into an Audi as well...
    Audi's are sometimes service nightmares, but If you buy certified you are taking the hassel out of it, no matter which dealership I take it too, Santa Barbara Audi, Mission Viejo, Mirmar... they're all super friendly.
    I say go for the certified for sure I think it saved 5000.00 in repairs when all said and done, (no joke)..
    Good Luck, remember the car you are looking at is a Quattro so 21k seems like a good price to shoot for esp. the with the low miles. I was looking at some of the 07's today on the lot and they are all 22 to 26k... the Quattro makes a huge difference, I would have bought a Quattro but I got a regular for 17k and could not say no.
  • ttnashttnash Member Posts: 3
    i bought it in herb chambers in MA. I think there still a few hundred dollar room.
  • a4buddya4buddy Member Posts: 1
    Thank you guys for sharing your experiences!

I just got a quote from a TX dealer for a 2010 A4 Quattro, Automatic, Premium Plus package with Navigation pkg, metalic paint, for $38750. He said this is his invoice price. MRSP is $41180, Invoice price on Edmunds is $38358, True Market Value is $40288. My plan is to purchase, and they offer 4.5% APR. Their offer price is 5.89% lower off MSRP.

Is this a good deal?

Thanks again!
  • mck9235mck9235 Member Posts: 3
    Paid $37,633.13 (all cash) for 2010 A4 Quattro w/ Premium plus, navigation package, metallic paint, and floor mats. MSRP was $41,050.

Located in Maryland
  • members78members78 Member Posts: 140
    Hi mck9235,

that sounds like a good deal. did you happen to buy an automatic or manual? and did you buy from criswell in annapolis? im looking at the exact same configuration and maybe audicare as well.

is it nice to drive one of the few new 2010's? ive only seen one of them so far on the road, and that was in the hamptons. in PA, theyre all 09's. oh, do you have any of the transmission problems others have talked about (assuming you have the auto) or has audi addressed that problem for 2010?
    Anyone know what, if any, the October incentives are?
  • mattydmattyd Member Posts: 21
    I Just got this today, Oct. 1 directly from Audi:
    Audi Canada achieves best third quarter results ever
    - 1,111 units represent best September in Audi Canada history
    - 17% ahead of sales in September 2008
    - Year to date sales up by 25%

AJAX, ON, Oct. 1 /CNW/ - Audi Canada today reported that 1,111 units were registered for the month of September. The leading models in terms of sales were the A4 and A5, the all-new Audi Q5 and the Audi Q7.

September sales by model line were:
    -----------------------------------
    Model Line September 2009
    A3 117
    A4/Avant 400
    A5/S5 160
    TT 43
    A6/S6 91
    A8/S8 6
    R8 15
    Audi Q7 134
    Audi Q5 145
    TOTAL 1,111
    It helps when most of your 2010 lineup is released in September!
  • sjawahranisjawahrani Member Posts: 4
    Hi,

I am looking at Audi after owning VW Jetta for 10 years. I looked at Audi 10 years ago but didn't want to wait for 3 months to get one. It's time to upgrade. I live in San Francisco and park on the street. Of lately I see lot of A3. A 3 didn't exist 10 years ago.

So besides the hatchback is there any difference in these two cars? What are the advantages of A3 vs A4? A3 tend to be cheaper than A4.

Sebastian
  • leeinlaleeinla Member Posts: 14
    There are a couple of differences.
    1. The A4 is more upscale
    2. The A3 has a Passat engine in it. I was told this by an Audi mechanic
    3. The A4 has more power.

Regards,

Lee
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    Let me fix this for you.... ;)

1) The A4 is more expensive
    2) The A3 has the same exact engine as the A4.
    3) The A4 has the same exact power as the A3 (assuming both are the 2.0T model)

I'm sure you can find some size and trim differences... but, the engine is the same..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

mck9235

which dealer in maryland did you buy from?
    also, the price you paid, was that the out the door price? if so, what was the price before taxes and fees?
  • loki5586loki5586 Member Posts: 1
    I just bought last week and I got mine for $37,775 (not including sales tax etc), MSRP was $41K and some change, and also got them to throw in the LoJack transfer fees too (only $150 bucks).

All in all I am really happy with my price. I am in the D.C. Metro area and we have quite a few dealers in which to get competing prices. I did 95% of the buying online, I didn't set foot in any dealership until I negotiated the price I wanted first via email. For those interested I bought mine at the Tysons Corner dealership.

I will say, that this economy certainly seems to be helping car buyers, even those in the market for mid/upscale luxury cars. I priced this same exact car last November (2009 model) before I got suddenly transferred for work for 8 months (so I ended up not buying), and the lowest I could get last November was $37,900.

Dealership experience was as good as I've ever had. We'll see how their service dept is when I eventually take it in for service.
  • jbrady3324jbrady3324 Member Posts: 42
    I found a dealer who has a few 2009 Audi A4s. 1 brand new and 3 dealer own/demos. What is a good price on 2009 Audi A4s these days?

Brand New Premium Plus (no nav) 3.2L - $38,300 to start -- This seems high. How far do you think I can beat them down?

Dealer Owned (5,000 miles) Prestige 3.2L w/ Nav - $41,300 - Is this high for an 09 Prestige?

Dealer Owned Premium Plus 2.0T (6,000 miles) - $33,999

Are these good deals or should I be optioning for a 2010?
  • jam21jam21 Member Posts: 5
    Can anyone recommend an Audi dealership in Southern Californina, preferably in the OC area? I am thinking of purchasing the base 2010 A4 and would appreciate if there is a good salesman out there who is willing to sell it at a reasonable price (below invoice if possible). :D
  • s0l0s0l0 Member Posts: 39
    All these are horrible deals. They should be at least $4000 less to be decent. For reference, I paid $31,xxx for a new Premium Plus 2.0T in July after all the incentives. It's now October, so a used with 6000 miles should be well under $30K.
  • benimanbeniman Member Posts: 6
    Looking to purchase an A4 (auto, quattro,premium plus, sport (optional) soon and would appreciate some advice. I see that I have a few options.

Purchase a remaining 2009. Are there currently any incentives or marketing support for the remaining 09's?

Purchase a 2010. Are there any upcoming incentive programs that will be worth waiting for?

Also looking for advice on dealers folks have used. I live in South Western PA, however I will travel to Ohio, NY, MD, and VA for a good deal.

Thank You
    I just had a good experience at Pacific Audi in Torrance. Ask for Fleet Manager - Nathan Loyd. No games & willing to negotiate.
  • a4fansa4fans Member Posts: 7
    my experience with Mission Viejo Audi's been very positive. if you're willing to drive further, Hoehn's Audi @ Carlsbad offers really great prices.
  • kennynmdkennynmd Member Posts: 424
    I know its kind of early but does anyone know when Audi usually offer incentives or rebates? I was thinking year's end??
  • gpb59gpb59 Member Posts: 106
    just bought an 09 A4 Front trak with 8k miles on it, blutetooth, Ipod for 25K + tax, doc fee, does that sound like a good deal?
  • bigaudifanbigaudifan Member Posts: 1
    That sounds like a good deal. Which dealership?
  • mikerockmikerock Member Posts: 9
    Have you received any offers yet? Just wondering if there are any deals now!

thanks.
  • jahdaijahdai Member Posts: 2
    I got 2009 A4 3.2, auto, quattro,premium plus, $32.5K today.
  • gpb59gpb59 Member Posts: 106
    Luxury motors in Las Vegas
  • kennynmdkennynmd Member Posts: 424
    Thats a heck of a price. Isn't the MSRP on this roughly 41k?? Almost 9k off. Where diid you purchase from??
  • jahdaijahdai Member Posts: 2
    Santa Monica Audi
    Freet manager Abtin took care it.
  • srachellecsrachellec Member Posts: 3
    Just purchased a 2010 A4 2.0 quattro automatic with pearlized paint, premium plus package, navigation, bang and olufsen sound system, and wood inlays for $38,600 (paid cash and not including taxes etc.)
  • butterball8888butterball8888 Member Posts: 2
    What's the MSRP?
    I believe it was $42,100
  • butterball8888butterball8888 Member Posts: 2
    That seems like a good deal for 2010 model. 8.3% or $3,500 off MSRP.

Which area?
  • bremercabremerca Member Posts: 1
    Had a great buying experience at Elk Grove Audi, CA. They are a small Audi dealership with great staff. They got me a very good price for my trade in and located the car with the specs that I wanted. Ended up leasing the car for 36 months.
    Sonnen Motors in Marin, San Francisco Bay Area
  • keek1keek1 Member Posts: 2
    can someone tell me if this is a good deal?
    2010 A4 Premium Plus, Quattro, Auto, Navy
    36 months, 12K year $1250 out of pocket $565/month
    or 42 months, 12K year $1250 out of pocket $547/month

Thanks for your help
  • socalkid1socalkid1 Member Posts: 3
    I'm looking to purchase an A4 2.0T wagon with 31,000 miles on it from a private party. The car is fully loaded with the S-line package, Nav,cold weather package etc, and he is asking $28K. The car has been serviced at one dealership with all records and is in good condition. Is this a good deal or should I be able to get if for cheaper? Thanks.
  • u2jrmwu2jrmw Member Posts: 14
    I am looking at a 2010 A4 Quattro Auto Prem+ with Navigation Black/Black

MSRP is $40850 including delivery. Anyone suggest a target pre-tax price for me?

Thanks
  • awd250awd250 Member Posts: 63
    that seems really high!
  • u2jrmwu2jrmw Member Posts: 14
    I could really use some help with figuring out a fair price on this.
  • hickeyjhickeyj Member Posts: 1
    One of our local dealers has a "used" 2010 A4 with 3-4K miles on it, it's got lots of options (quattro, automatic, premium plus, navi, moon roof, and more). They said it is the general manager's car...I can't find any info online regarding true market value of a used 2010 vehicle. What would be a good deal on such a gently used vehicle like this?

If we don't go with this vehicle, we're looking at a 2010 A4, quattro, automatic, premium plus, navigation (fewer options than the used vehicle mentioned above)...MSRP $40,850....what can we expect when negotiating this car?
  • dhh0928dhh0928 Member Posts: 1
    Just got delivered New 2009 A4 Quattro w/ prestige pkg + nav. 54 miles
    msrp: $44635
    paid: $38900