Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Audi A4 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• utanthonyutanthony Member Posts: 1
    Just negotiated this deal over phone/internet, picking it up on Monday from Roger Beasley (audiaustin.com)

2011 Audi A4
    Prem Plus
    quattro
    8 speed tiptronic
    Deep Sea Blue
    Walnut Wood
    All-Weather Mats

MSRP: 39,440
    True Car Invoice: 37,129

Negotiated Price: 37,090
    Drive Out Price: 39,750
    Drive out: 39,750
  • regimattregimatt Member Posts: 9
    hi did u leased it or purchased the car....if ur leasing it how much down and monthly ur paying...and what the interest rate too/... if ur purchasing it..howmuch down that would be and down payment also....thank you
  • thequietmanthequietman Member Posts: 1
    Hi usna74, Im i the Philly area. can you share with me the dealer you used, a great deal.
    thequietman
  • ph0ustph0ust Member Posts: 8
    hi. my mercedes glk was just totaled in a multi-vehicle accident. the person at fault has the same insurance company i do (mercury), which means i'm going to have to fight to get a reasonable reimbursement for my vehicle. i want to go back to another a4 avant, so here are my questions:

1) to get the best deals, i always dealt with the internet sales person at any dealer in the past. is that still the best approach or does it not matter anymore?

2) is audi currently offering the discount to bring in mercedes owners? i know they did this up until recently, but didn't see anything about it on the audi website. i am thinking i should not mention this to the dealer until we battle over price.

3) any recommendations as to dealers between say san luis obispo and san diego? i want a great deal. i don't care about color and am flexible on options.
  • donshermandonsherman Member Posts: 15
    I am negotiating for a 2011 A4 ... $31751.00//premium plus... $3162.00//metallic color... $443.00//Walnut trim...$325.00/destination... $875.00- all invoice prices. I see additional costs of $295.00 documentation- (the documentation people must be very well paid). How much above invoice & doc fee should I expect to pay, and has anyone gotten a discount on the $790.00 oil maintenance agreement for the first 45K miles? I was advised to work from invoice up, and not MSRP down. I have visited Bernardi in Framingham, and will visit Wagner in Boylston, and possibly Peabody.

Any advice would be appreciated.
    i'm wondering if edmunds invoice pricing is accurate. a dealer quoted me invoice that is over $700 more than what edmunds indicates. given that i don't trust dealers, i assume he is trying to be deceptive or misleading. i don't want to push back unless i know that as a fact though.

2011 a4 avant premium plus, nav, chrome tips, wheel locks, grill strips, all weather matts

his quote: MSRP=$43,200; invoice=$40,978.87
    edmunds: MSRP=$43,200; invoice=$40,238
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
    Other websites show the same $40,238 as Edmunds...

I'd ask the dealer what his invoice includes that the others don't..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

so i've been offered invoice by nearly every dealer in southern california. i am looking at 2 separate 2011 a4 avants:

1) premium plus, nav, wheel locks and chrome tips.
    MSRP: $42,950
    Invoice: $40,766.74

2) premium plus, nav, wheel locks, chrome tips, all-weater mats and grille strips.
    MSRP: $43,200
    Invoice: $40,978.87

i am told invoice is higher than what edmunds reports due to "additional fees", including local/regional advertising and such.

sadly, it seems audi stopped doing "conquest money" on a4 sales last month.

anyway, i assume this is as good a deal as i could expect, but figured i'd see if anyone else in southern california is getting anything better. thanks for the input.
  • jnyzjnyz Member Posts: 102
    You didn't add in delivery.
    edited October 2010
    actually, when you build the vehicle with its options, edmunds includes destination ($875). at first, that is what one dealer told me. then i talked to another who indicated that it is not the destination, but rather the regional fees. he even said to check edmunds more closes, which i did. there is a small link that says, "A note about advertising fees". that cleared it all up.
    You didn't add in delivery.
  • ekrevekrev Member Posts: 4
    edited October 2010
    got pricing on a 2011 audi a4 quattro- ibis white w/ black interior w/ nav, b&o system, exhaust tips, and 18" 5 spoke wheels...MSRP $42,745 and im able to get it at $40,350

is this a good deal?
    EDIT
    got pricing on a 2011 audi a4 quattro- ibis white w/ black interior w/ nav, b&o system, exhaust tips, and 18" 5 spoke wheels...MSRP $42,745 and im able to get it at $39,685

is this a good deal?
    wow thats an awesome deal is it the prestige package.....if its that its worth it....for everything like blind spot..audi select drive too.....
    my fault..it's the premium plus. so is it a good deal?

im planning on leasing it so im prolly gonna get audicare too.
  • philson00philson00 Member Posts: 1
    this is rochester. since there are not that many car, just one dealer offer me only 3% discount from the MSRP.
    MSRP about 42k(pr. plus and couple options) asking me $40,100. it is too much.

any good price than this, i would like to go anywhere, like newjesey any else?

plz, give me some good price tip..

thanks..
  • 3% is what is offered in my neck of the woods too. You may need to go to a more competitive market, or internet and distance to do any better.
  • usna74usna74 Member Posts: 2
    quietman -- so sorry it took so long to reply to you . . . the dealer was Audi of Tyson's Corner in Tyson's Corner, VA. Excellent sales guy, too.
  • dan234dan234 Member Posts: 3
    I'm really excited about getting an A4 or S4. I'm in CA (Bay Area). I was able to negotiate $750 over Invoice. HOWEVER, I see they have added $450 in Port and Dealer Ad Group (DAG) fees. This is in addition to the DMV ($633) and "Doc Fees" ($55). Is this standard? Or is this just a way for the dealer to get more out of the deal?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
    Negotiating for $XXX over invoice is a common mistake.. You are thinking of one number.. and the dealer is using another one....

Ad fees are on a lot of dealer invoices.. It's a real cost for them.. It's their fee, not yours, but you put it into play when you agreed to pay $XXX over invoice. You can always re-negotiate your price, until you sign the deal.

DMV fees? Those are charged by the state.. In California, they tend to run a little more than 1% of the purchase price. The dealer obviously isn't going to pay them for you..

Doc fee? California law restricts this to $55 max.. I'd guess that every dealer in California charges this.. Yes, it's extra profit.. No, I wouldn't waste my time trying to negotiate it...

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• lmcjcaolmcjcao Member Posts: 16
    Was offered a deal at inovice:

2011 A4 Premium plus
    Quattro
    Meteor Gray Pearl effect
    All-weather mats
    Exhaust Tips

Invoice $36,537.

Does anyone think I can get an even better deal?
  • 747tree747tree Member Posts: 1
    Up to $1,500 rebates currently available for current audi owners for credit toward new 2011 audi. Question - when discussing pricing with dealer, is Edmunds true market value excluding any such consumer rebates? Dealer was quick to point out msrp would be reduced by $1,500 due to rebate and then rebate would be assigned to dealer. It seems that price should be negotiated before rebate otherwise dealer would earn too much on the sale. Hard to tell from Edmunds site whether rebate is included in purchase prices paid. Wouldn't Audi offer dealer cash to the dealer if it wanted additional support going to dealer instead of consumer? Anyone have any thoughts?
  • punks714punks714 Member Posts: 4
    Hi all,
    Got an offer on a 2011 A4 Premium Plus black on black (no extra options) at $33,900 OTD $37,412 (CA). This has been the best offer I've gotten so far. Is this a good deal? Please let me know your thoughts, I'm very interested at this price. Thanks
  • raj1raj1 Member Posts: 27
    that's good. is it quattro, automatic? if so, edmunds lists the invoice with dest as 35787 - yours is a full 1887 less than that - pretty impressive. does it include any discounts?
    Auto FWD. Sales rep didn't mention any special discounts that were included but I was told from a sales guy at a different dealership that he can beat $37,412 OTD. I'm going to meet both of them up this weekend. Wish me luck guys, I'll keep you guys posted.
  • carlady6carlady6 Member Posts: 1
    What is the name of the dealership that gave you this offer?
    Southern California. Mission Viejo and Commonwealth.

I got them down to $37,200 OTD for 2011 A4 Premium Plus Auto FWD black on black with exhaust tips. I'm hoping to get it for $37k flat and I'll sign at the dotted line. Is this a good deal?? So close to pulling the trigger....
  • beefsteakbeefsteak Member Posts: 3
    i got offered a4 premium plus with little option all weather floor mat, wood trim etc,

msrp $39570

gave me $37555

invoice was $36862

it has teak brown with beige interior

is it good deal?
    Yea it's a very good deal for that 37grnt I got the premium package.did u buy or leased the car,is the Audi care included in that price ?
    Finally brought home my 2011 Audi A4 Premium Plus - Exhaust tips (no other options) for $36,600 OTD. Purchased in southern California. I am very stoked!
  • beefsteakbeefsteak Member Posts: 3
    edited December 2010
    what is current finance rate for audi a4? edmunds says 2.9% 60 month

one of dealer ny area gave me 4.9% 60 month..-_- . and they saying 2.9 % for just certain people ... looks like they were lying,,, i was almost buy .. just about to sign the paper

anyway i brew up the deal.. after i went home they keep calling and say "ok i will give you 2.9%"

hows everyone? how much finance rate you guys got?
  • plumbbobplumbbob Member Posts: 1
    Wow! Looks like a screamin deal. Having no luck with the dealers in Sacramento willing to deal. Maybe I need to call your dealer in So Calif. Can you pass along the name?
  • honeybadgerhoneybadger Member Posts: 3
    I have about $24.5K in the bank, that I've been saving specifically for a new car, and a 2007 Pontiac Vibe (KBB $9.5K trade-in value in existing condition). So I have $34K to buy a new car.

Does anyone have any comments on whether the availability of cash down improves my chances of getting a good deal (vs. financing)?

Looking to get 2011 A4 quattro PPlus, with Nav, MMI, wood trim, all-weather mats, and B&O. (MSRP: $42,365).

Thanks!
    Not all the time. When you finance with a high rate, some dealers will give you more of a discount off the selling price, this will give the dealer a larger gross on the back end off the deal. You really need to just shop around. You are holding all the chips.
  • rhv75rhv75 Member Posts: 4
    I'm looking for a A4 Quattro Automatic, Premium Plus with no other options. Blue exterior with black leather.

This configuration doesn't seem to exist as there are usually other options bundled on top like nav or sport package.

I did get one offer of a premium plus including dark walnut trim and 18 inch wheels with all season tires - $37900

I checked Edmunds and the invoice of this configuration is $37636 and MSRP is $40400, but dealer claims MSRP to be $39165. Not sure what the difference is.

So a couple of questions. One, am I getting a good deal? Two, how can I reconcile the difference between Audi and Edmunds?

Thanks!
  • ohnims2ohnims2 Member Posts: 31
    Hey, today I was quoted a 2011 A4 automatic Prem Plus w/ Nav quattro in Deep Sea Blue.
    MSRP of 41,440, and I was quoted for 39,099.
    I think it's a pretty good deal,
    what do you guys think?
    Thanks
    When you say blue, do you mean the deep sea blue?
    If so, I think 37,900 would be a fair deal.
    However, if the dealer is claiming that the MSRP to be 39,165, I'm thinking
    the dealer may not have added the wheels and the floor mats since they're dealer options, maybe?
    If the dealer truly is giving you a deal of 37,900 for all the things you've mentioned, I think it's a good deal.
    But I'd recommend getting the nav too.
  • knshanhanknshanhan Member Posts: 3
    could you post the name of the dealership? I'm also in SoCal but I got a much much higher quote from dealer. Thx.
    you were right - the dealer was wrong about the MSRP. and instead the price went higher than $37.9k

ended up getting a brilliant black quattro premium plus sedan with 18" wheels, wheel locks, all season mats for $37291. I think it was $175 over invoice.

decided against nav because its fastest depreciating part of the car. there's always something better on the phone and you can get the garmin app for $40. granted there are other features on the nav like rearview camera and sensor, but i've noticed that others who have it just ignore the sensor and go with their instinct.
    Got a quote of $34,768 (OTD price) for 2011 Audi A4 FWD Auto Premium. Meteor Gray with Black interior.

Homelink/Bluetooth Pkg and Audi Music interface. Is this a good deal? I'm in SoCal.
    it may be a good deal...i paid ~6k more but got quattro and premium plus.

personally, i wouldnt pay that much for an audi without quattro. if price is an issue, then i think the better option would be a VW R32 or GTI.
    Got an offer on an A4 quattro P+ quattro Quartz Grey Ext., Light Grey Int., with MMI and NAV package.

$41,770 - Sticker
    $39,800 - Offer
    $39,103 - Invoice
    +tax and $215.16 - Docs

Any thoughts?
    Thanks!
    Thanks for you reply. Could you explain the benefits of quattro a little bit more? 'Cause I'm in California. Really rare to have rain or snow.
    I think what he might mean is that Audi's are famous for their Quattro AWD.
    So if you're not getting the Quattro, there isn't much of a reason to get an Audi over Mercedes or BMW per se.
    I don't know where you are, but in East coast, you can pretty much get the car at $100 above invoice.
    That's how I got my car about 2 weeks ago.
  • The Audi is usually less expensive than the corresponding BMW or Mercedes. Both of the latter are rear wheel drive and better "driver" cars. The Audi AWD system biases the drive a bit more to the rear wheels and so can compete with BMW/Mercedes/Infiniti.

The new generation A4 even in FWD, is more balanced than most FWD cars because the engine has been moved back a bit on the front wheels. With most FWD cars these days, the engine is largely in front of the front wheels, which is great for packaging, but only exacerbates the front heaviness. Even so, the FrontTrak Audi's competition is not German, but cars like the Acura TSX and TL, the Lexus ES350, the Volvo S60, the Lincoln MKZ, the Saab 9 3 and 9 5, a loaded Maxima, Buick Lacrosse and Regal, and so on.
  • That is not true everywhere. Where I live, the dealer will discount 3% off list only. You want any more, he won't sell you a car. Kind of bull-headed, but it seems to work for him. He still has a brand new 2009 A4 that he has discounted a bit more than that, but he would rather hold onto it, and maybe eventually lease it to someone, than cut his prices. He has recently leased a "new" several years old TT for two years. When he takes it back in, he can lease it again (or sell it). The next closest Audi dealer will discount a bit more, but nothing close to $100 above invoice.

I could get a better deal by going to a metro area like Minneapolis/St Paul, but then I have the hassle of buying from someone over 2 hours away. Sometimes you pay a bit more for convenience. And you know that those $100 over invoice cars are also going to bring less at trade-in at these stores.

If the dealer is not chasing after you when you reject the "bottom line" deal, he may not need to sell you a car at a loss to him. You need to then decide how much you really want the car, and/or how much you are willing to pester him back. Or move to the east coast!
    Thanks ohnims2. I'll try to bring the price down. Any other thoughts or suggestions on how I can do that :)
    I'm in California too, but bay area, so do get a fair amount of rain. And of course snow in Tahoe.

From my understanding, the quattro handles better than the FWD even on dry surfaces and makes the driving experience more on par with rear wheel drive BMW's and others. It's what Audi is known for.

Nothing wrong with FWD cars. And I can understand your reasoning of not getting AWD.
    That's why there is a sentence that says "I don't know where you are", meaning things can be different depending on where you live,
    but wanted to give him/her a heads up since I got my car at $100 over invoice.

I don't understand what to make of your post, because I didn't have to hassle much to get $100 above invoice from the dealer that is located the closest from where I live. I didn't have a trade-in, so I didn't go over than $100 as you claimed before.

Different dealers, even in the same dealership, have different tactics, let alone different areas of the country.

The last part of your post I'd have to agree with you. Rarely do dealers call you back after you reject the so-called "final offer", so you'd have to think if you really want the car; when you call in, you lose the leverage.