Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• topshelf1topshelf1 Member Posts: 2
    Just got this for my wife

2009 Honda Odyssey EX-L with RES, Navigation, silver/gray leather
    Included accessories:
    Splash guards
    Wheel locks
    Tray liner
    Total price including destination - $30413 + TTL + $151 Doc Fee

Schaumburg Honda - Jim Martinez - smooth transaction but still took 3 hours

To get this price, I went to (5) dealers through Edmunds and got quotes between $30550 to $31349. Then one dealer was running a special only this weekend to take another $250 off, but didn't have silver in stock. I went to Schaumburg who is close to me and they matched the offer and had Silver in stock.

Thanks to all of you for your help, couldn't have done it without you all!
  • toymomtoymom Member Posts: 3
    Do these prices include destination in the Boston area? We are interested in the RES/NAV. Any offers for financing better than 2.9? Thanks.
  • habsonehabsone Member Posts: 47
    I spoke to Boch Honda in Boston today about 09 Odyssey Touring (NO PAX) MSRP $ 41175 Quote was $ 33098 (incl. destination) plus t t t +doc fee $299.I told him i was willing to fly from NC(i sincerely meant that) and would purchase it in next Two Days if he included splash guards,cargo tray,wheel locks,pin strips and remote engine start for OTD price of $ 34300.He refused, however if anybody interested they can have it for above quote.I am posting this to inform fellow forum visitors.The deals are out there.Good Luck TO All.
  • sashesashe Member Posts: 6
    That is definitely better than what I got recently. Could you please forward the quote to my email address sashemailid at yahoo dot com
  • JJamiJJami Member Posts: 8
    I am looking to buy an LX.. the most basic one they have.. I am wondering if anyone got a good deal in CT for LX model.
  • sashesashe Member Posts: 6
    Could you please email the quote to me sashemailid at yahoo dot com Thanks
  • skifan3skifan3 Member Posts: 1
    Thanks to all you folks on the forum. It has been really helpful in our van buying experience. We finally purchased our van for 29888 + TTL. got the color we wanted as well. The dealership was Boch Honda, Norwood, MA. Service was pretty good.
  • suppandysuppandy Member Posts: 5
    I got a quote of Honda Odessey LX model. The final price including everthing TTL and other charges the dealer was offering the car for Final cost to me $23,200. Please let me know if anyone has got a better deal than this.

Thanks,
    RP
  • specialk63specialk63 Member Posts: 6
    is this the same bumper to bumper they sell at the dealerships? Can I cancel? its worked into my loan. what website do I go to?
  • dave818dave818 Member Posts: 1
    Olah, Could you help me and send me your quote? My local dealers just do not believe your story I told them. Thanks a lot.
  • fei2010fei2010 Member Posts: 10
    specialk63, can you post the dealership name, and city? Thanks.
  • bigdadi118bigdadi118 Member Posts: 1,207
    Hi - it is same genuine honda care warranty. Honda still allows Saccucci to sell online when a lawsuit pending. Saccucci is Honda dealer in RI, Bernardi is Honda dealer in MA

http://www.myhondawarranty.com/
    http://www.bernardiwarranty.com/

You can cancel - call the dealer or when you receive the warranty in mail, just read the paper on how to cancel. If you had the charge build into AHFC payment then it needs more process to ask them do the adjustment after cancellation.
  • jrey27jrey27 Member Posts: 1
    I am also looking for an Odyssey in San Diego. Which dealers were giving you the best prices?
    the question I have about those warrantees is it doesn't specify the level of odyssey you have; I would think warantee for base model is cheaper than one with gps/navi. did you buy a warrantee there?
    I bought my Odyssey EXL R&N for 29,999 base (this was $ emailed to me after I put in request on internet); all these models they had left also had pinstripe and wheel mud guards which added 250$ still that was better than the internet quote I got at 2 other nearby dealers. I bought at Valley Honda in Naperville/Aurora IL. Where are you looking to buy?
    Why don't you go online and input your info to get the quote? It won't cost you a dime.

I gave you the info and it is up to you to find out yourself.
    OK I will try it. will post what I find out ; thanks
  • ssanjussanju Member Posts: 24
    I got good quotes from 2 dealers in WI and one dealer in Chicago.

Widle Honda (WI) - 28.4 for DVD(EX-L)
    Lakeland(WI) - 28.6 for DVD(EX-L).
    Ohare (IL) - 28.6 and 250$ off for same EX_L with DVD.

I am sure if you talk further - you may it for less than 28 before taxes, Good luck
  • pk71pk71 Member Posts: 7
    just wanted to let the forum know that I bought 2009 odyssey EX in Buffalo for $23800+tax
  • rkagarwrkagarw Member Posts: 2
    I have got quotes for 2009 Odyssey Ex-L DVD for about 28500$ but when I went to dealerships,they start adding destination charge,doc. fee etc. and no one is willing to give for less than 29K. Does anyone on the forum any good dependable dealerships in and around Jersey City(maybe 40 miles radius) who has honored their online quote and are pleasant to deal with. I have had bad experience at Planet Honda on route 22.
  • m_em_e Member Posts: 4
    I just purchased EXL w/ RES for $27,867 + $298 doc +$110 registration + $1393 sales tax at Boch Honda in Boston. They were less flexible on RES+NAV pricing. They still have 50+ of the EXL RES's so I expect you will pick up even better pricing in the weeks ahead. However, if you want your color this is not a bad deal.
  • shisaashisaa Member Posts: 1
    You got excellent price. Would you mind sharing the dealer name so I can approach them? Also what was the color you selected?
  • vee927vee927 Member Posts: 11
    hey
    i got my EXL with R and N from Hudson Honda in WNY
    OTD Price was 32,700
    send me email at chor69 yahoo com if i can help you...
    look for my early post for the price brack down
  • accordhunteraccordhunter Member Posts: 24
    Could you breakdown the price? I think it's a pretty good deal.
  • ymym66ymym66 Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

Can you share which dealer offer 29500 ?
    It will be very appreciated if you can forward me the quote to ymkwak@yahoo.com
    Looks great deal- Good luck with Odyssey!!!
  • ldissaldissa Member Posts: 7
    Yes it does include the destination fee, you have to add 298 Doc fee
  • ldissaldissa Member Posts: 7
    Boch Honda, but becareful,, they play nasty tricks and games
  • longboat2008longboat2008 Member Posts: 18
    That is a good price. Can you share the dealer name?
  • ymym66ymym66 Member Posts: 2
    Dear Folks,

Please help me to save the money from the buying EX-L RES at bay area or orange county. It will be very appreciated if you inform me the price you bought MSRP, purchase price, OTD and dealer name. my email is ymkwak at gmail dot com
  • cw30000cw30000 Member Posts: 11
    The lowest I got quoted with is 27582 + Tax & Tag for the EX-L from the dealers around NYC.

Is this too high?
  • pk71pk71 Member Posts: 7
    Westherr Honda in Lockport, NY. Erik Arden is the sales rep
  • mrfoxy76mrfoxy76 Member Posts: 2
    i am in metro atlanta ga got a quote for EX-L

MSRP: $33,825

Invoice: $30,704

Selling Price: $27,842 (includes 3 accessories on all my Odysseys: paint sealant, mudguards plus tax and fees: 399 doc fee, 28 title and 3 lemon law.

wonder how much room they have to go lower?
  • ckopoctckopoct Member Posts: 1
    Sheehy Honda, Alexandria, VA
    Just purchased an LX today for $22,997 out the door:

Price - 20,540
    Dest - 670
    TTL & Dealer prep, etc 1747

Car arrived at the dealership on the 9th. Had never been test driven. Had 5 miles on it when purchased (from my test drive). Did the deal on the internet, was in and out in less than 2 hours. :)
  • tangjctangjc Member Posts: 7
    Hi,
    Any one had bought 09 Oddysey EXL with DVD (no navigation) in Chicago area recently?

It will be very much appreciated if you can share your purchase price

Truecar.com shows average price paid is $30,537 but I seem to find people paid less (around $28,000) in this forum?

I also have a 2003 CR-V for trade-in, anyone can give some suggestions about how to negotiate when I have trade-in, it seems will give dealer more ways to charge me more.

Thanks very much!
    Tang

(1) Trade-in price ... stick closely to KBB gave you, move to another dealer if they gave you a lot less.

(2) In IL there were 2 recent deals reported as below re 09 Ody EX-L w/ DVD

DATE // DEAL // MSRP // DEALER
    06/08, $28,006, $35,325, Honda of Joliet
    Comments: Good experience, negotiated the price through the internet and phone and when I came in, it was all set to purchase.
    Pros: Gave a competitive internet price and negotiated further over the phone, so I was all set with my price before even setting foot in that dealer.

05/23, $28,812, $35,425, Schaumburg Honda
  • blckparadeblckparade Member Posts: 1
    Hey Everybody,

Just thought that I would post what I paid on 6/13/2009 for my 2009 Honda Odyssey Touring (Sterling Grey Metallic / Grey Leather Interior):

MSRP: $41,175
    Invoice: $36,667

My price breakdown:

$34,710.09 + $599 running boards with installation ($610 for part alone according to Honda website, I could not find the invoice price for the part alone) = $35,309.09 out the door excluding tax, title, and registration.

I shopped around at a lot of dealers and this was by far and away the very best deal that I found.

What does the forum think of this price...hopefully, I got a good deal
  • duck4youduck4you Member Posts: 3
    hello, everybody. i am in LA area and i am looking for 2009 odyssey EX-L with R & L. i got quote for $31245 ( not include tax and other fee) and is this good price? i see so many good price than the price that i got. please let me know this price is good in LA area. thank you for your help.
  • kellyazkellyaz Member Posts: 1
    Hi guys,

I need some help here.
    I found a pre-owned 2009 Odyssey Touring w/DVD & NAV with about 2500 mile on it at phoenix area.
    The dealer asked $34727 for the car, do you think is a good deal ?
    Do you think how much they can drop ?
    I never bought a used car, so not sure how to deal the price on it,
    Thanks at lot
    I feel it is high - better to go brand new one HondaTouring. You may get it for same proce and you will get money from Tax due to 2009 Auto stimulus.. Go for new one !!
  • gobbledeegookgobbledeegook Member Posts: 7
    kellaz,
    $34727 is not a very-great price for a brand new Touring, much less one that is used and has 2500 miles on it. I recently looked at a brand new, but leftover, 2008 Touring for which the east-coast delaer was asking 32,600 or so. After a little back & forth, they would have taken less than $31,000 for it.

If it were me, I would not consider it at that price -- but then I don't know what local market conditions are like in your area so take my opinion FWIW. Good luck
  • murph14murph14 Member Posts: 3
    Looking to purchase 2009 ex, Long Island area, best price yet is 24,490 plus ttl, has anyone gotten better?
    Also, is the $2500 DEALER CASH included in the edmunds tmv price?
    any help appreciated.
  • murph14murph14 Member Posts: 3
    I am looking for ex on long island. what other dealers did you go to and which ones were willing to deal--beside millenium

thanks
  • cuervo48cuervo48 Member Posts: 2
    I received three quotes for an EX-L over the internet. Figures below do not include TTL.

Hopkins Honda 28,705
    Brookdale Honda 28,605
    Buerkle Honda 28,603

I'm trading in my old Honda. Brookdale and Buerkle low balled me intially but I got them to give me KBB trade in value for my trade. Buerkle said they couldn't go any lower but I finally got Brookdale to drop another $100 of their quote.

I'm seeing some great deals posted here but no one from the Twin Cities area. i.e. EX-L with RES for at or below the above quotes. Anyone have any thoughts? I'm thinking about pulling the trigger later this week.
  • suppandysuppandy Member Posts: 5
    $21,600 base price + $1296 taxes
  • m603m603 Member Posts: 5
    Hey all, just got a quote for an 09 EX-L: $28,036.24 for northern Colorado. That's including all fees except TTL and any accessories I want. Seems a tad high, what do you think?

Thanks, Mike
  • sk2009sk2009 Member Posts: 8
    All,
    We just bought Touring and hope it is good deal.

2009 Honda Odyssey Touring
    $32,750+TTL

www.ohareautogroup.com

Thanks every one. Good Luck
  • sk2009sk2009 Member Posts: 8
    what is the contact number or website to buy warranty.
    Thanks in advance
  • promokspromoks Member Posts: 7
    If you are willing to drive to Des Moines, you can get a better deal at Holmes Honda. I was able to get a quote from Buerkle for an EX-L with RES for 28,750 around Feb/March. I was quoted 28,450+185 doc fee for an EX-L with RES, mudguard and paint protection from Holmes last month. The EX-L is around 27000, it is usually 1500 less than the one with RES.
  • cuervo48cuervo48 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks. I called Holmes this morning and the best they could do was $28,500 for EX-L with no RES. Seems like dealers are stuck on the $28.5 figure no matter I go in the Midwest.