Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Audi A4 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• mcmuneymcmuney Member Posts: 64
    1) This has not been factored in.

2) Yes, this could explain the difference. I did not discuss any drive-off fees.

They're actually offering me a decent value for my trade-in. I might be trading my 2003 A4 3.0 CVT for a 2005.5 A4 3.2 Quattro tomorrow.

Thanks.
    Anyone know what the interest rate for a purchase is under the loyalty program? (5 year)
  • rjlaerorjlaero Member Posts: 659
    Interest rates have nothing to do with loyalty money. You get the $1000 lease cash if your a current A4 owner.

Interest rates are the same whether you currently have an Audi or not, and there aren't any special rates with Audi on the A4's to my knowledge right now.
    The loyalty program is offering .00072 money factor for leases, I thought they'd also have an interest rate.

Anyhow, I'm so close yet so far away. The dealer and I have a difference of $23 per month in what we want. The time is ticking, I have until 09.06.05.
  • vinayg1vinayg1 Member Posts: 28
    I am a novice to this forum (as well as to car buying). I am in Central NJ and have liked the 2006 A4 2.0T, quattro, auto.

I am not sure which options I will get, but can anyone tell me, how much over Invoice price would be considered a good deal? I have my financing options completely open (buy, lease or finance).

Also, another question, a little out of place - How does the car compare with Volvo S40 T5 AWD, auto?
  • skenterprisesskenterprises Member Posts: 6
    Hello,
    I saw this forum and was wondering if you could help me. I've never leased a car and plan to lease an Audi A4 2.0T Quattro. I live in the Dallas, TX area. The MSRP of the car I have is $36,710 (Pemiium, Sunroof, S-Line Pack) + $720 Destination. The invoice is $34,005.

I recall in one of your posts last week you had said that Audi is offering $2500 dealer cash for this car. I asked Audi and they claimed to not know anything about this. Is this the case? I am looking for a 15K mile 24 or 36 month lease. What do you think my payments would be like respectively and fair? I know that Audi is offering special lease offers till Nov, but do you know what I should expect to pay out of pocket upon signup so they don't tack up fees?

I appreciate any feedback you can give. i just graduated college and this will be my first car lease and I don't want to be had. I would really be thankful for any of your expertise.

Thank-you again
  • jblaze13jblaze13 Member Posts: 152
    Just in case you're looking in the Chicago area, I've had just about every dealer in the area respond with everything from MSRP to $1000 off MSRP. I had one dealer offer me the technology package free ($1275) and that's what I took. Good luck.
  • fasteddy001fasteddy001 Member Posts: 13
    Is it still on (1,000) for October? If you own a VW does it apply ordo you have to own an Audi?
  • edwardsfedwardsf Member Posts: 190
    I have decided to lease an A4 with leather and Bose but without the premium, lighting or cold packages. I don't want to pay for options I really don't want. I have been to 3 dealers in the SF Bay Area and have not seen one A4 without the premium package. So apparently I need to order one but this too seems challenging. None of the sales guys has been interested in assisting this effort (amazingly no followup calls!) and one, at Rector in Burlingame, even said he would not even consider ordering such a car. (This was a guy who mixed up CVT with the type of engine).

So the questions are:
    1) How do you get these guys to order one?
    2) Can you negotiate price on something they don't want to do?
    3) If you lease, do you negotiate the price as you order or just wait till it comes in?

Finally, has anyone driven an A4 Avant? Do they drive similarly to the sedan?
  • wco81wco81 Member Posts: 590
    Looks like there are some "new" lease deals on the 2006 A4s (as opposed to the deals on the 2005.5 models).

Can anyone deduce the selling price (as opposed to the MSRP they list), MF and residual from these deals? On surface, appealing because under $1000 drive off and well under $400 a month before taxes.

A4 2.0T FWD lease on audiusa.com

It appears the Bay Area Audi dealers don't want to do this deal because they don't have stripper FWD models? Instead, they want more money up front for a Quattro with Premium and Sunroof (the Audi site doesn't let you de-select the sunroof :()

Bay Area lease deal (click on A4 lease link)

$34,910 MSRP (Tiptronic, sunroof, Premium, destination), 24-month, $1999 lease inception ($1,065 down + $575 acquisition + $359 first month), 10k miles per year.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,175
    Actually... If you scroll down on the national deal, it also shows an '06 A4 Quattro with sunroof... but, it only has an MSRP of $33,060... vs. the Bay Area example of $34,910..

The residual for that one is 76% for 24mo./20K mileage lease..

Not knowing the money factor, I can't extrapolate a selling price... but, the Bay Area example looks like they may only be adding a few hundred $ profit over the nationally advertised deal..

You could ask Car_man over in the Audi A4: Lease Questions board... He will surely know the money factors..

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

OK, will do.

Actually, looks like the national deal is for a model without the Premium Package whereas the ones in the Bay Area include the PP. The national deal has $944 at least inception instead of $1999 drive off for the Bay Area. Does the $575 acquisition fee seem copacetic?

So these looks strictly based on MSRP selling price.

Carsdirect is about $1000-1100 below that $34910 MSRP while Edmunds TMV is only about $650. Either way, should not have to pay MSRP.
    Without knowing the money factor, there is really no way to know what the selling prices are....

Audis have a fairly narrow margin between invoice and MSRP... If I had to guess, I'd say the selling prices are $500-$800 under MSRP, in the given examples...

Actually, those are really low numbers for 24 month leases... Obviously, the 76% residual is very strong... I'm thinking that the money factor has to be fairly low as well, or they could never get that low of a monthly payment...

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Well I just entered a query at the bayareaudidealers.com site. Guess they will send it to several dealers.

Specifically asked for the MF, selling price and the residual they were using. My experience is dealers don't want to give out those details over email. Maybe it's just the dealers in this area but we'll see.
    Submit your request on carsdirect.com and they'll find the car for you and negotiate the price for you. I just purchased mine last month through CD at invoice price MSRP $43,970 (nicely equipped). CD did all the dirty work.
    I could not quite understand your post (it looked like there was a typo). You went through CD and they got you invoice? Did you buy or lease. If you get it at invoice, I wonder if that bumps you out of the Audi financing deal (with the attactive MF and Residual)..
  • aka5aka5 Member Posts: 24
    Hi,
    I was wondering if you could tell me if this is a good deal please. On lease,an Audi A4 2006,$35,485,Quatrro,Tiptronic 6 Spd, Metallic Dolphin gray,Leather,Sunroof, and Nav. They said they could order but could take upto 90 days. The destination charge is $750? On a 2yr lease,12,000 miles per year,money factor 1.37? $1,742 due at signing. The monthly payment is $430 including tax. From reading your post about the deal you was looking into,which sounds good to me?,i was $30,798 with Premium and Sports package,($4,275). Did you decide to go with that offer? I live in Miami where there are only 3 Audi dealers. Your help would be really appreciated.

• patrickjosephpatrickjoseph Member Posts: 2
    Wondering what dealerships and dealers you had a good experience with in shopping around Chicago area. I'm in the market for an A4 Avant and your ecperience would save me a lot of work.

Thanks.
    You can't order the car the way you described. Navigation must have the technology and premium packages together. Go to audi.usa and build your car, and you'll see. So you're looking closer to 40 grand for tippy quattro with those options.

And Dolphin Grey is a sold order only color, so you'll have to wait the 10-12 week order time to get it from the factory.
    Thanks. But i wonder why thes salesman is telling me ican. I wonderwaht he's upto. Maybe i shoiuld get it in writting from the sales manager if decide to buy off them before i plce the order? :(
    It's not unheard of that sales people say something wrong. It's not that he's trying to intentionally mislead you and it's probably an honest mistake.

You can look at the option guides and think you can pick things "ala carte", but there are required options you must select if you want navigation.
    I spoke with the salesman again. He's still saying he can because they're the biggest Audi dealer in the country. (Champion Audi) I'm wondering if there's some sort of sales competition going on that he wants to win by showing orders on wait or something. I'm just looking out for myself because i don't want to wait for no reason so that they can sell me something else at the last minute.
  • rick77grick77g Member Posts: 8
    Just bought a 2005.5 2.0T quattro, auto, for $5000 off MSRP. Dealer in Austin was running an ad for these and I made a copy of ad brought it to Albuquerque dealer and he said he would match.
    What options were on the car?

What was the original MSRP including destination and metallic paint (if applicable)?
    Wow! I reckon you did well there! :shades:
    premium package, cold weather package,audio package, wood, moro blue paint, 17" alloy wheels,

$36,570 MSRP

I love the car, been wanting one for years but it was too pricey and until 2.0 a little underpowered. Time to sell the Acura RSX
  • stargstarg Member Posts: 1
    Hi all... am in negotiations for a 2006 Audi A4 3.2 automatic with Tiptronics.

Can people help as far as the markup and any extra fees etc. My salesman told me Audi has 7% markup, no holdback, no secret rebates, no factory to dealer incentives, nothing, no fluff. We are working off invoice... is this sound plausible and what is a fair profit price (percentage or fixed amount)?? To give you the whole picture options I included are: sunroof package, audi package w/XM, Premium package, Technology package, Nav, Tire Pressure and Retractable Washers with Dolphin Gray.
  • aussiem8aussiem8 Member Posts: 27
    I'm also in negotiation on the identical configuration as yours, except I added rear power blind. I'm looking to lease and expect my first bids tomorrow. Have 3 Audi dealers vying for it. I'll let you know what pricing I get (in NC).
  • byronwalterbyronwalter Member Posts: 220
    I picked up my A4 about two months ago. The car was a factory order, all verbal... no money down. It was configured with the two liter / manual trans / sports suspension / tech package / prem package / tire pressure and maybe some stuff that I've forgotten :). The verbal agreement was $1000 over invoice. While some folks have gotten down to about $600 over invoice, getting the absolutely lowest price was not a priority for me. I did trade my '02 A4 in and they gave me exactly what I expected on trade. And I expect that's where they got their rent money.

BTW, the car has been fantastic. While I'm not much on the new look, this A4 certainly brings home the bacon. Recently did the APR 91 octane upgrade and it's all good.

Byron
  • jg4cjg4c Member Posts: 1
    What exactly is an APR 91 octane upgrade? Waiting on my 2006 3.2. Should be in by the end of
    November. Thanks, J
  • aussiem8aussiem8 Member Posts: 27
    Starg,

Here's the best offer I got today on your configuration + power sunshade = my configuration. Mind you, I haven't begun negotiating yet -- this was there initial offer, and pretty good for starters. Waiting on response from one other dealer tomorrow. Here are the numbers for a 3 yr lease with 15k miles/yr:

MSRP $43,335
    Invoice $40,115
    Sales Price $40,404
    Cap Cost $40,404
    Residual 57%
    Money factor .00220
    Monthly lease payment (pretax) $581.49
    Acq'n fee $575
    Doc fee $349
    Title $69
    No security deposit

Last three costs to be paid at closing or I can roll them into the cap cost, which would increase the monthly pretax payment by about $28. The fact they're willing to get only $289 over dealer invoice makes be wonder if Audi is extending their rebate to 06 models. Hope this helps. BTW - our configurations will require a special order as no such car exists in U.S. inventory, so what time period have you been told it will take for delivery? Cheers.
  • byronwalterbyronwalter Member Posts: 220
    ...an ECU (engine computer) reflash that enhances the boost (and other things) for increased hp & torque. APR offers 93 and 91 octane versions. While the 91 octance has lower performance numbers, it does have greater flexibility in gas choices. My A4 should be putting out around 232 hp and over 270 lb/ft of torque.

I'm pretty easy on the gas but having the extra grunt for those times when you need it is nice. Naturally I'm taking a chance on any potential warranty work relating to the engine and drive train, but ya gotta be prepared to pay if yer gonna play.

Byron
  • mictlanmictlan Member Posts: 4
    I have found a used 2005.5 A4 2.0T Front Track CVT, with Premium Package, Bose Audio Package, and the Sport suspension package. It has 2,800 miles on it and is selling for $28,800. The MSRP on it new (according to the sticker I saw) was about $33,000. I found this vehicle in the Los Angeles Area.

Is the price they're selling a "slightly" used A4 reasonable or should I still try and negotiate a lower price still?

Thanks in advance any help would be appreciated, as I'm probably going to jump on this deal unless I hear otherwise.
    I don't really know the market for that car, but I would certainly try to bargain a lower price, rather than just go in and pay their asking price...

If the car were new, with current incentives, it would probably sell for $29K-$30K... So, that might give you a starting point... Since it is used, I'd start a bit lower than that, and see what happens...

You won't get, what you don't ask for...

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• newcarbuyer2newcarbuyer2 Member Posts: 1
    I just went to a dealer in Northern CA that had a new 2005 a4 with all the bells and whistles for $40,000. I hate the negotiation process and this post worries me. The dealer said he was trying to sell the last of his 2005s, but always talked about the MSR price as a starting point. How do you find the invoice price? Thanks!
    Why pay MSRP for a 2005 when they're running promotions on the 2006?

If they were so in demand, they wouldn't run a lease deal for the 2006.

It's a competitive market segment so if the Audi dealers think buyers don't have other options besides Audi, they're in for a rude awakening.
    You can find the invoice prices right here on Edmunds.com.. Just navigate to the main page, then click on "New Cars"... and follow the prompts..

As a data point, my local dealer is advertising $3K off MSRP for any leftover '05 A4s... Not that I think that is a screaming deal..

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• sje3333sje3333 Member Posts: 13
    Any feedback on the sports suspension? I have the opportunity to get a car with this option but they don't have any on hand to test drive.

Any feedback wouold be appreciated.
    Audi yanked the big rebates on 05.5's last month, so it's not a screaming deal to get one. I'd go for an 06 with less of a discount beacuse of depreciation, and the 05.5's are still 2005 on the window sticker.
    How much were the rebates on the 2005s?
  • chicospapachicospapa Member Posts: 1
    I too am negotiating for an A4 '06 3.2, and am not getting much in the way of wiggle room away from MSRP, just some extra options thrown in as lagniappe. I havent closed on the deal yet, but do recognize that there is a spread of about 4k between invoice and MSRP all in with all the options - can anyone relay what the fair norm is relative to MSRP or invoice?
    Need to get some opinions on these ASAP so I'm posting here as well:

He's claiming he has to pay to transport these. Both would be 2.0T with CVT or Tiptronic:

1) 2.0T CVT, Quartz/Ebony, Premium, Sunroof, Tech-Bluetooth:

MSRP: 35,210
    Cap Cost: 33,776
    Monthly: 404.52 plus tax

Due at least inception:
    - 1st month: 437.89
    - Tax: 51.15
    - DMV: 270.00
    Bank Fee: 575.00
    Doc Fee: 45.00

TOTAL: 1,379.04

2) Quattro Tiptronic, Silver/Ebony, Premium, Sunroof, Tech/Bluetooth

MSRP: 37,160
    Cap: 35,689
    Monthly: 421.55 plus tax (24 months)

Due at inception:
    - 1st payment: 456.33
    - Tax: 51.15
    - DMV: 283.00
    - Bank Fee: 575.00
    - Doc Fee: 45.00

TOTAL: 1,410.48

I told him I knew about the AFS terms of 76% and .00139 buy rate. But he didn't identify the MF.

====================

OK, just ran the numbers on leaseguide.com assuming the 76% residual and .00139 MF. Sales tax here is 8.25%.

He's about $30-35 high on the FWD and $20-25 high on the Quattro.

So he's obviously not using the same MF. The selling prices for both are below the TMV and the Carsdirect prices however.

====================

OK, another dealer has a FWD, Silver with "grey" interior (I think Audi calls it Platinum), Premium, Sunroof and Sirius. MSRP is 34,285 and the selling price quoted is 32,734.

Seems good but when I ask him about MF he's using, the monthly or residual, there is no response. But I also let him know that I know about the 75 or 76% and .00139 buy rate.

So I would take it he's not interested in selling it at those terms.
    OK, another dealer has a FWD, Silver with "grey" interior (I think Audi calls it Platinum), Premium, Sunroof and Sirius. MSRP is 34,285 and the selling price quoted is 32,734.

He's quoting $1,272.43 total drive off and $375.09 plus tax per month.

Those figures seem to be exactly around the 75% residual for the 2-year, 10k miles FWD lease with .00139 MF, if I'm not mistaken?
    That looks like a good deal.... the lease program on the A4 is very good right now..

One thing... You don't have to worry about the dealer playing with the residual numbers... They aren't allowed to change them.. Only the money factor..

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• j0916j0916 Member Posts: 9
    Hi Sje3333, I just picked up a 6 speed 2006 A4 quattro (2.0) with sport suspension, sunroof, premium and technology packages yesterday. A very rare car in the Western region at the moment, especially if you want anything besides black/ebony.

So far I'm quite happy with the suspension although I only have maybe 100 miles on it. Compared to my previous 2003 A4 with the sports suspension, this car is much tighter, and floats much less over bumps. I think the suspension gives a much more direct road feel which I like, but others might not. Hopefully, I will get the car into the Santa Cruz mountains today and really see what it can do. The suspension certainly makes the car rougher and a little more choppy on rough roads, but as always that is the payoff for a more sports orientated performance. Is it a must have? I think it's hard to say without significant drive time comparing models with and without. I do like that the sports suspension does lower the car modestly.

What I can say based on my less than enjoyable buying experience is that because of it's rarity/demand I did sacrifice some negotiating room to get it. Just make sure if the dealer brings one in for you, you have every detail in writing before you give them your deposit. Although the discount on the MSRP was reasonable, I got backended a bit on the lease finance rate and at the last minute they changed their tune on how they would handle my lease return.

Jeff
    Congrats on the car. How was the drive? Can't wait till mine gets in and I can drive it in West Marin. A comment and a question.

First, it seems to me that the suspension of the A4 is VASTLY improved; this impression is from test drives of 2005 3.2 sport and 1.8 no sport suspension cars and from driving a 2006 2.0T no sport suspension. The 2006 was much more balanced and tighter than either 2005 yet was much more comfortable. I did drive an A3 and that was a blast but that sport suspension was too harsh for my taste for every day driving.

The question: I just ordered a car but did not negotiate my lease price. Sonnen said that happens when the car arrives as that is set by AFS. How could they change your lease rate - isn't that set by Audi (per the AudiUSA website). Or can the dealer order a car for you and then just blow off the AFS money factor?
    I actually havn't gotten out for a good drive yet, but I did get an Icelink Plus Ipod adapter installed at BestBuy. It works really well, but for now is mounted in the glove box, at least until I find a no-damage dashmount I like.

I'm pretty happy with Sport suspension but I definitely think some could find it a bit harsh. As for the difference between the 03 and 06 cars, it's huge, the 06 seems much more agile and lighter, not to mention the new engine is a big upgrade.

In terms of leases, you are really at the mercy of the Dealer and whether they want to move cars or maximize profit. It seems getting the AFS lease special residual is no problem (fixed by Audi), but the money factor and selling price can be manipulated by the dealer to get the profit they want on the car. The selling price and lease factor are negotiable and we know from these boards that the AFS buy rate for now on 2.0 Quattros is 0.00139, but that doesn't mean the Dealer is obligated to give it to you. It really depends on the Market and the particular car. When they bring one in for you that no-one else has they gain the edge in negotiations.

I'd try to get at least the general pieces of the deal in writing before the car comes in, i.e. the discount off MSRP and a commitment to the best buy rate money factor available when the car arrives. The current deal with the high residuals ends Nov. 30th. In retrospect given some posts on the lease forum I think I might have done better at Carlson than Stevens Creek. Maybe I'll try them in 2 years.

Jeff
    Do you mind posting the particulars of your deal? MSRP, selling price, monthly and driveoff?

And the dealer name too?
    Sure,

A4 Quattro 2.0, Manual, Sunroof, Premium, Technology Package, Sports Suspension
    MSRP $36360
    Cap Cost $34630
    Down (Cap reduction) $0
    Fees, first Month etc, $1080
    24 months 12k miles/year
    Payment $458.16 (includes taxes)
    Money Factor 0.00189
    Residual 75%

I think this is right, as you can see for whatever reason they were pretty aggressive on the discount, but wouldn't do the Audi Finance Buy Rate. I think this is what bugs me more than anything, I'd have rathered less of discount and the buy rate. In the end I don't think it's a bad deal, I think had the car been on the lot I might have been able to get it for $10 or $20 bucks a month less. Basically this is $1100 over invoice plus an extra $600 or so on the backend from the higher finance rate.
    This was at Stevens Creek Audi, San Jose. Recent posts on the lease forums suggest Carlsen, Palo Alto might be more aggressive.

I did get the car out for a run in the mountains and it is simply a blast to drive. You can drive it much deeper into the hairpins than I ever would have dared in my 2003 A4. The extra power means you can really accelerate hard out of the turns, in some cases the tires will actually loosen up if you apply too much pedal. The 1.8 wouldn't do that. I'm also starting to appreciate the tuning of the exhaust, it's quite nice. Personally I don't find the Sport Suspension too harsh, but you do feel the road.

As well, I give two thumbs up for the Icelink Plus Ipod adapter. It's too bad the Audi radio can't display ID tags.

Jeff
    There's no aux port on the Audi radio?

How much did Best Buy charge for the Icelink, installation included?

Do you have the new iPod models? Does Icelink already support the latest or do just any dock connector work?