Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and Earlier - Audi A4 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    sdradioguysdradioguy Member Posts: 101
    Yesterday, I bought an A4 1.8T quattro 6sp. from Metro in San Diego for $32,000 + TTL. It has everything on it except for the Cold Package and OnStar. The price I paid was almost $1,200 under MSRP.

The salesman and I went back in forth for about an hour. The last $175 dollars is what ate up most of the time. The salesman pointed to the scarcity of 6sp. quattros, and how Audi will be very slow to get any more in the supply pipeline for the next 4 months or so. Anyone else care to confirm/deny this?

We also kept talking about the tripling of the registration fees, which kicks in October 1st, and who would be more affected by it -- me, because I'd have to pay an extra 500 to 600 dollars, or him, because sales might take a nosedive after the tax hike. I made it clear I was willing to wait up to another year to see if the tax hike would be rolled back. They acquiesed.

I highly recommend Metro. The people there seem honest, and they don't do what Miramar does -- tack on an extra $2,400 to their similarly equipped quattro 6 sp. just because they can. Miramar likes to point out that it has free loaners for routine service visits (whereas the others only provide shuttles). But I do not see that to be worth the difference.
  • Options
    cmubruincmubruin Member Posts: 3
    In the past, has anyone seen any good leasing plans on the A4?

Earlier in August and September, Audi was leasing their 2003 A4s for $289 and $299 in California in order to clear out their inventory for the 2004s. Now I truly love the A4 and have been looking to acquire one for quite some time now, however I'm very apprehensive about its reliability in the long term. I've heard so many stories and would simply like to lease it so that it's under warranty during my "ownership" period. But the current lease rate is $3000 down and $380 or so for an A4 quattro. Does it get better later on in the year? Thanks!
  • Options
    oh, and I meant that 2004 A4s were going for that $3000 down, $380/month lease price.
  • Options
    alyosha1alyosha1 Member Posts: 7
    All of those leases you were talking about are BS, by manipulating your downpayment you can advertise it as 0 monthly payment, with 1800 down :)
     In that respect lease with 3000 down actually means that you prepay about 80 bucks from you monthly payment upfront, menaing that you real monthly payment is about 460, not too hot, but not bad either.
    What you have to realize that Audi lease is generally a good deal, and here is how to think about it:
    If you can get your Audi A4 price to somewhere 1300-1500 under MSRP, the rest is just simple math and pretty much non negotiable, they give 0.00175 money factor for 36month, or 0.00185 for 48 months, residual values are the highest between any cars (artificially at that- cause Audi doesnt sell to rental fleets) somewhere about 62-63% for 36 months, a little less for 48. So all in all you can get A4 quattro with options for no money down (other than fees - about 500 in acq. fee, plus tags) for about 430 for 48 months.
  • Options
    alyosha1alyosha1 Member Posts: 7
    I meant $0 monthly payment with 18000$ down, sorry about that/
  • Options
    Well, let me give you a comparison. BMW is currently having 3000 down, 289 for a 3 series. 48 months as well, however this is for a 2003. now, has anyone ever seen audi's go for this lease price in the past? and i dont' mean for 2003s, but in general, does audi ever go this low in Feb, March, Dec, June, whenever? i know you fudge with the numbers and can manipulate per month fees, but i'm really looking to see if audi a4s can be matched to BMWs similar numbers besides end-of-year clearance times
  • Options
    gene65gene65 Member Posts: 9
    I am looking for A4. Should I buy a 1.8T or 3.0? How much more problems with 1.8T and quatro?
    Also the dealer told me that I have to buy a quatro since the resale on regular is not good.
    I don't think I will need the quatro in Chicago area. With ABS & traction control I can handle it easy. I also think not to have too much on it to save money. That a good deal in Chicago area is? Any suggestions?
  • Options
    gene65gene65 Member Posts: 9
    I am looking for A4. Should I buy a 1.8T or 3.0? How much more problems with 1.8T and quatro?
    Also the dealer told me that I have to buy a quatro since the resale on regular is not good.
    I don't think I will need the quatro in Chicago area. With ABS & traction control I can handle it easy. I also think not to have too much on it to save money. That a good deal in Chicago area is? Any suggestions?
  • Options
    markjennmarkjenn Member Posts: 1,142
    In this case, I'd go with the dealer and recommend the Quattro. It's not very expensive, it will really make the car a lot better in Chicago winter driving (ABS and traction will only go so far), and in the US, most people who buy Audis want Quattro, so resale might be a problem if you flip in a few years. An Audi without Quattro is a little like a chicken salad sandwich without the chicken.

The 1.8T vs. 3.0 question is harder. If you're going manual tranny, you could do either, but the 1.8T is a very nice engine, a lot cheaper, and makes the car lighter and sportier. In an auto tranny, I'd tend to go with the 3.0 - there have been reports that the turbo and the automatic don't get along especially well.

- Mark
  • Options
    lipolipo Member Posts: 1
    Denim Blue pearl effect exterior/black interior; Sport Package, Premium Package. MSRP $32,110.

The car was a demo model with more than 7000 miles.

Purchased 12/2003 for $27,800 plus taxes and fees (grand total just under $30k) from Key Audi in Jacksonville, FL. The salesman, "G.O.", was professional and courteous and everything was handled quickly and deliberately with an attention to detail. Highly recommended.

I think mine was a good deal, considering the car was not exactly new but not used either. Even so, it was in immaculate condition.

Lipo
  • Options
    204meca204meca Member Posts: 369
    Our goal was to get an A4 for less than 30K. We tried to find a used 2002 or 2003 non-quattro model with the premium package for 2 months, even had a person shopping the Audi factory auctions. The closest we could get with our desired color & equipment was only 3K under the cost of a new one. We decide that was not enough of a savings on a 1 year old car with 20,000 miles so we ordered new.

We dealt with the internet sales person at Roger Jobs Motors. They hardly ever get FWD A4s here in the Pacific NW, so it was necessary to do a search for a FWD that was not loaded up with options (we did get the PPK package = leather 12-way power seats and sunroof). Salesgal seemed pretty open about their pricing. Normally they expect to get $1,800 profit on a new Audi. They discount that $400 for people who come to them thru the Internet. Without a lot of arm twisting, they came down another $300 for us. So our car's sale price was $28,050 (that includes an extra $150 for CA emissions equipment).

While that is not a "steal" it beats Edmunds TMV in our area. We probably could have haggled for more, but felt like we got a good price, straight answers, and will continue to have a good relationship with our local dealer.
  • Options
    scirocco22scirocco22 Member Posts: 721
    Daniel-- *heh* here all this time I thought you were in CA. Roger Jobs is my dealer and it's an excellent dealership. They have a good reputation and I'm sure you'll be pleased with the service there.

Give Tony a call or e-mail him on your question about how much the CA emissions will hurt performance ...if it does at all. He's the service manager and if he doesn't know, I'm sure he'll find out.

Sounds like you made an excellent deal. It's difficult to get a "steal" on a new Audi here in the PNW. I talked about this on these Edmunds boards several years ago, ad nauseam. It was frustrating to me how folks in other parts of the country could make these fantastic deals and here in the PNW, we had almost "take it or leave it" pricing. I think it is somewhat better now that the economy has slowed but still, here in this region, we still seem to pay more for our Audis than anywhere else.

I hope you'll have good luck and tremendously enjoy your new A4 when it arrives.

--'rocco
  • Options
    Thanks, it is nice to have confirmation about the local dealer's reputation.
  • Options
    banumsbanums Member Posts: 10
    I got a quote for the A4 1.8T Tiptronic quattro with Premium and Infotainment Packages for $30,558 plus taxes, tags and a $303.85 processing fee.

Any Suggestions / Comments on the price quote?

Thanks
  • Options
    abc323abc323 Member Posts: 4
    I'm planning on buying a new 2004 A4 3.0 CVT...can anyone recommend an honest audi dealership with great customer service in either LA or Orange County? From reading these discussions and reviews, some Audi dealerships are hit or miss in regards to customer service, buying experience and maintenence issues.

I am also curious to see how much people are paying for their A4's, especially in So. Cal. So keep posting. Thanks.
  • Options
    wia4wia4 Member Posts: 10
    Just purchased a 2004 A4 1.8T, Tiptronic, Quattro with Premium, Cold Weather, All Season Sport, and Lighting Packages. Paid $295.00 over invoice.....I think I did OK....

Bought it at Wausau Imports from Doug with NO hassles. I'll pick it up Thursday.
  • Options
    sdradioguysdradioguy Member Posts: 101
    Paid $295.00 over invoice.....I think I did OK....

I'd say you did very well. Here in SoCal, 1.8T quattros can be difficult to find. I paid about $1,200 over invoice for a 6 sp. with everything except the Cold Package and OnStar. My price was a tiny bit above the midway point between invoice and MSRP.. but it was still several hundred below what Edmunds was calling TMV in my zip code at the time.
  • Options
    taylor_75_75taylor_75_75 Member Posts: 4
    After almost 2 years of homework and comparisons of many makes and models, I choose to get the A4 3.0 6-speed. Problem was here in Memphis, there is only one Audi dealership, and they are terrible. I solicited bids from Nashville, Jackson, MS, and Little Rock. The salesman in Little Rock, well, ROCKS. Very helpful and courteous, sending me long and detailed emails on all my questions. I also choose the Little Rock dealer because I also have a house in Arkansas and is cheaper to title it there, and with lower state taxes than Tennessee.

The fact that I wanted a manual tranny, etc., it will have to be ordered. I choose:

3.0 6-SPD Quattro
    Dolphin Grey
    Premium PKG
    Cold PKG
    Lighting PKG
    XM Infotainment
    Painted Bumpers

I paid $37,500. Slighty more than TMV in my area...but I am happy. Dont have any firm dates yet - - anyone ordered something similiar? Im trying to get an estimate on delivery. Salesman said he has had some come in 1 month, or 3 months, just depends.

Anyway, just relaying my experience.

Out
  • Options
    We just picked up our Dolphin Grey A4 1.8T CVT, premium package. Paid $28,265 before tax & license. We had to order it to get non-loaded version, took about 4 weeks. Thankfully our dealer found one in transit that was not claimed by another dealer.

After driving 4 other models it was the driving position -- 12 way power seat & 4 way lumbar support -- that made the sale (esp. the wife) over a host of other less expensive cars (Accord, Acura TSX, Mazda 6 & Mazda 3). It will be driven primarily by my wife. Amazingly, our second choice would have been the much less expensive Mazda 3 hatch!

We have driven it only 60 miles, so just learning all its tricks, but it certainly is a nice car with all sorts of nice touches we were not aware even after driving 3 of them before purchase. It may take us a few months just to learn how to take advantage of 'em all!
  • Options
    wia4wia4 Member Posts: 10
    I justed picked up my A4 (see post 68). It was snowing, the roads were very greasy and several cars were in the ditch.......the A4 was on rails.

Nice job AUDI.
  • Options
    gshamisgshamis Member Posts: 5
    silver/ebony
    premium
    sport package (all season)
    winter
    XM (couldn't find one w/o it)

paid $1200 over invoice.
    I am in NY area, got this car at Palisades Audi.
    Very happy with the car and the dealership
  • Options
    Just bought a 04' A4 3.0 CVT in Moro Blue/Ebony with premium, bose premium and sports package with performance tires in So. California.

Dealer invoice sheet: $33,141
    Edmunds invoice: $32,605
    Cars Direct invoice: $33,272

I paid just over $33,000 for the car and a total of $35,900 out the door...so I feel confident I got a good deal. It was definitely well below Edmunds TMV and Carsdirect's price. Awesome dealer experience, salesperson was fair, honest and helpful. Great experience overall. In southern california, I had several dealerships trying to compete for my business and assisted me in getting a really good deal. Very happy right now.
  • Options
    voetsektxvoetsektx Member Posts: 3
    Silver/Ebony
    Premium Package
    Sport Package
    Lighting Package
    XM Infotainment

Paid $31,150 + TTL

From Boardwalk Audi, Plano TX
  • Options
    newtoaudinewtoaudi Member Posts: 2
    Dolphin Grey / Platinum
    Premimum Package
    Sport Package with All-Season Tires

MSRP: $30818.00
    Paid: $28,800.00 + TTL.

The dealer also charges ~$350.00 for "Dealer Services", which I was told was for the "free" loaner car.

Set your target (reasonably, and be prepared to walk away if the dealer would not meet you there. In my case, the salesman ran out to my car while I was loading my kid into the SUV and agreed to my offer.
  • Options
    drew911drew911 Member Posts: 8
    Silver
    Premium Package
    17 inch rims

MSRP $35K
    Invoice $31.5K
    Paid $30K

Bought it a few weeks ago.
  • Options
    cra2ygir1cra2ygir1 Member Posts: 3
    I highly recommend Newport Beach Audi. I ordered my '04 A4 1.8T from them last week. They were very friendly, courteous, knowledgeable and professional.

I was looking for an unusual color and package combination, and there was no pressure from them to buy something they already had on the lot; they were willing to search and then special order it for me.

I had previously gone to Commonwealth Audi in Santa Ana where the salesman asked, "so there's no way you'd buy it today?" and literally walked away from me without offering to take me on a test drive.

Circle Audi in Long Beach wouldn't let me test drive without running a credit report because the sales manager needed proof I was a "qualified buyer" before "wasting his time."

At Newport Beach Audi, though, the sales manager came up to us at one point to introduce himself and "just say hi."
  • Options
    cabriogalcabriogal Member Posts: 1
    Bought a silver '04 A4 1.8L cabriolet with premium package, Bose and heated seats. Here's the data:

MSRP: $39,570
    TMV: $39,160
    CarsDirect: $38,570
    Invoice: $35,741

Couldn't find exactly what I was looking for, so I ordered it, and got the price I wanted--3% over invoice. (I set this as my target price based on a very helpful post in the Town Hall--it's a good markup in that you get a better deal than most folks do while demonstrating to the dealership that you respect their need to make a profit.) I was thrilled to be paying $2K less than TMV!

I have heard really good things about University Audi in Seattle, but my experience there wasn't great. The salesman acted like it was an imposition to move the one 1.8L cab out of the showroom so I could test drive it. When it became apparent that their cars had more options than I wanted, I asked about ordering one. I was told that they were over their allocation for the year and wouldn't be able to order any more. Sounded peculiar to me, but I continued dealing to see how well they would do. After telling me they could do 3% over invoice, he ended up not being willing to go below 5% over invoice. I went across the water to Barrier Audi in Bellevue, and they were fabulous. No hard sell, little dickering, just a fair deal for all involved. Now if only it would stop raining...
  • Options
    lewshellewshel Member Posts: 37
    My wife and I drove a VW Passat V6 4 motion and then went to test drive the A4, both the 1.8 and the 3.0. The sales rep at the dealer (Wagner Audi in Boylston, MA) told us how " they were "completely different cars" fromt the Passat and he personally drove a 4.2 A6.

We liked the 3.0 and asked about ordering one with cold weather but without the sunroof package. He said her would look into it and get back to us. He never has and we will buy the VW.
  • Options
    lewshellewshel Member Posts: 37
    My wife and I drove a VW Passat V6 4 motion and then went to test drive the A4, both the 1.8 and the 3.0. The sales rep at the dealer (Wagner Audi in Boylston, MA) told us how " they were "completely different cars" from the Passat and he personally drove a 4.2 A6.

We liked the 3.0 and asked about ordering one with cold weather but without the sunroof package. He said he would look into it and get back to us. He never has and we will buy the VW.
  • Options
    monkeyking1monkeyking1 Member Posts: 7
    I am deciding to get a new Passat or a new A4. I would also consider used ones with low mileage. I found an A4 3.0 manual today. The price is $31900. I think it is a good deal. However, it is a manual shift car. This car is listed in Yahoo used car website. I spoke with the owner and emailed to him. He only put 900 miles on the car. Anyone in tristate (NY) area interested in this car can find it on Yahoo website or email me.
  • Options
    mcwenzelmcwenzel Member Posts: 37
    Picked up my new Audi A4 1.8T Quattro last night. Here are the particulars:

2004 A4 1.8 Quattro with Sport, Premium, Xenon and Infotainment packages, Black on Black for $31,375. This was a lease:

MSRP 33,990
    Cap Cost 31,375
    Invoice 31,276
    39 months
    15,000 miles a year
    Zero Down
    $361 a month, pre tax
    Total due at inception: $575 acquisition fee, first months payment and license fees, approximately $1200.

I decided not to roll the acquisition fee into the lease to keep my payments under $400 including tax.

I think the invoice, which was shown to me by the dealer, may have been a bit juiced, but I am happy nonetheless to pay $2600 under MSRP.
    The .0002 money rate on the lease made it possible. The same car would have been $50 more per month last month.

It was fairly easy to find dealers willing to go $2000 off MSRP, but I was thrown out of two dealers before finalizing this deal.
  • Options
    joe1joe1 Member Posts: 4
    cra2ygir1: Just wanted to second her thoughts on Commonwealth Audi, they're horrible!! I bought my 2001 A4 from them--worst experience ever!! For service, I had been taking it to Newport Audi ever since--they're great!!!
  • Options
    fuzlbuttfuzlbutt Member Posts: 10
    Ordered car yesterday as unable to find color/options I wanted. But happy with deal agreed:

Moro Blue/Platinum leather
    premium
    sport w/ AS tires
    Bose/XM
    lighting
    cold weather

MSRP $35,195
    Invoice $31,964
    Edmunds TMV $33,800

We agreed on $32,000 for the car. I may go lease if they are still offering the recent rates when the car comes in. Dealer has agreed to use base AFS money factor in effect, which is .0004 currently.

This was with Royal Audi in Bloomington, IN. Much friendlier and easy to deal with than Tom Wood in Indianapolis.
  • Options
    black00black00 Member Posts: 48
    Leased new A4 a couple of weeks ago (money factor was incredibly low!)
    - Premium package
    - Cold weather package
    - 17" alloys
    - Dolphin gray

MSRP = $38,855
    Invoice = $35,315 (dealer invoice was $35,440 - don't know why)
    Price paid = $36,136
  • Options
    drbzdrbz Member Posts: 4
    Hi, I just want to say thank you for posting your buying prices and experiences on here--it's the only way we consumers stand a chance against the dealers and all their mark up fees, etc...

Anyhow, I am in the market for a 2004 A4 Quattro. Still deciding between a 1.8T vs 3.0--in manual. Test drove both of them, and the 1.8T felt more 'peppy' and revvy, and obviously not as smooth as the 3.0. Am not really jazzed about chipping a 1.8T to get more power, as I'm not sure about turbo reliability under those conditions, especially since this will be a car we'll keep for >4 years (it's a purchase)..

Did some preliminary shopping, and I am aiming for a Max price of <$500 over true invoice (that is, excluding 'port-fee', dealer 'prep fee', and that 'bogus audi advertising fee'). Those miscellaneous junk fees total up, in my area (Seattle) to a little under $400 extra.

Is this a reasonable goal to aim for? i figured with the near end of the season, the downtrodden economy, and tax time, that dealers would be excited to move a near $40k car (if we spring for the 3.0). I'm cash buying, so am not giving them extra profit for lease, etc... Any help would be appreciated!
  • Options
    I think it's reasonable...it might require some work but definitely possible. Really depends on the dealership and their inventory. I got my 3.0 cvt for a little bit over $400 on top of straight invoice. It took a lot of research and haggling over emails before I got the price down to that level. One major advantage I had is living in Southern California, there are well over a dozen audi dealerships in a 50 mile radius and i had a few of them competing for my business with very similar cars on their lot. I really don't know how the competition is in your area, but my advice is to ask for several competing quotes from several dealerships in your area and ask them if they can beat the other competitor's price and have them undercut each till you reach your price or the lowest available price. But some might have a strict margin and will not move no matter how much you try to deal. But there are alot of variables, it's just a matter of finding an agreement between you and your dealer. Hope that helps.
  • Options
    taylor_75_75taylor_75_75 Member Posts: 4
    So, I finally got word earlier this week that my A4 3.0 Q was in (SEE POST #70). I ordered it in mid-January and so it took about 4 months.

So, one of my clients flew me to Little Rock, from Memphis, to pick it up. Wow, Holy Wow, way better than I ever expected. Even though I had been doing my homework and comparing cars for over 2 years, I was still giddy. I set the cruise and fiddled with the XM and all the gadets on the way back to Memphis (THE DEALERSHIP IN MEMPHIS IS TERRIBLE IF YOU ARE WONDERING ABOUT THE DELIVERY). I took the car straight to my buddy's house and parked it right on the street next to his 325i.

He loved the A4.

Anyway, its only got about 250 miles on it so far, I will report back in a month or so.

I would like to thank everyone who has posts on the site. From when i started investigated cars 2 years ago, to the final decision, to picking it up, I learned so many things and what to ask about and how to deal with the dealership.

For anyone just starting their homework, read the all the threads. Its alot of information, but these people know their stuff.

Thanks!
  • Options
    drbzdrbz Member Posts: 4
    Hi, again, I want to thank everyone for posting on here.

Well, it took 'bout 20 minutes of negotiating on the telephone, but I am going to pick up a 2004 black on black 1.8T A4 with ultrasport pkg, premium pkg, lighting pkg, cold weather, and (unfortunately) infotainment pkg for...$350 over their invoice (which will have a $200 advert. fee and $135 San Diego port fee). I think this is a reasonable, fair deal, and seems just about in line with what folks on this board are paying for them. I am in Seattle, WA.

To give some folks a background, we've been looking for a new car now for ~1 month. We test drove a Subaru WRX STi, Acura TL in an auto, and 2 A4's (1.8T and 3.0) manual. While the Acura was very smooth and nice, it was just a bit bland/Japanese generic, and the auto didn't excite us much. They didn't have a manual to test drive. The Subaru was an absolute hoot and a rocket (it feels faster than my '00 Corvette C5 coupe), and handled like on rails (not quite as good as the Vette), but we felt that it didn't offer any level of refinement or civility that we were looking for. Plus, neither of us liked the shopping-cart whale tail spoiler.

So, the Audi was a nice blend of what we were looking for. The 1.8T was peppy, and though low on absolute power, was more fun to drive than the TL by far (at least the auto), and we look forward to adding a chip to upgrade the power. I did my test drive at University Audi in Seattle, who didn't put any high pressure sales tactic on us (didn't even ask us for a copy of license before the drive!). I figured I could get a 'good deal' there, because I am friends with the VW area representative, who then introduced me to the Audi area rep. who then called the sales mgr., Ivan, at University to 'offer us a really great deal'. Needless to say, Ivan first offered us $1600 over invoice on a fully loaded 3.0 A4, saying "because you are the area rep's friend, only I can give you this great a deal." A day later, after we called him, he now told us $1000 over invoice "but that's it...any less and we'd be losing money." We expressed to him how 'disappointing' this deal was, and thanked him for his time. By now, I had called 2 other Audi dealers, Barrier, and Robert Larson Audi in Tacoma. Only the Tacoma Audi had the 1.8T in ultrasport, in black on black. After only the 2nd phone conversation with the sales guy (his name was Jeff Hamel), I pitched my offer of $300 over invoice--he asked whether I could go higher, and I told him $350 over--but he could tell his mgr. $400 over would be my max--any more, and we'll sit out the season and not buy. Well, 5 minutes later, he called and told me "congratulations...$350 over invoice." That was for a model withOUT infotainment package--1/2 hour later, he told me that that model had actually been sold, but they would honor the deal on their similar color/spec model +infotainment (extra $800). I told him fine (though I have some reason to sneer).

So, after a brief, relatively painless negotiation, we got the deal we wanted, on the car we wanted, and all made out happy. I was firm with him, and made sure he knew that :
    1) we were in no hurry to buy a car (we really weren't)
    2) were prepared to wait out until '05 models came out--and thus get '04 models at a discount
    3) we had been shopping at the other Audi dealers, and did our homework on pricing on the internet, etc...I was fluent with the options and all the pricing

Couldn't have done it without the help of others on this board--Thanks!
  • Options
    iggsoiggso Member Posts: 31
    2004 Audi A4 1.8 T sedan with quattro, Tip, Premium pkg., Cold weather pkg, metalic color, 12k Miles.
  • Options
    audi_buyeraudi_buyer Member Posts: 12
    Hi, what are the taxes like on your lease? I'm planning to pick-up an A4 with 36mon/ 15K/yr lease... Any help would be appreciated..Thanks
  • Options
    Depends on your state. could be 0 could be 8.5% of your monthly payment.

Mine is on the higher side :(
  • Options
    Hi, could you help me figure this out... The MSRP for an A4 1.8T Q 6-speed with premium, sport, lighting is 32,420... my selling price is 30,061 at a MF of 0.0002 and residual of $17506 (54%).. for 36month, 15K/yr..
    Now the way I calculated the payment is (according to Edmunds ofcourse)...

Car, I'll be using.. 30061-17506= 12555..per month= 348.75
    The interest with money factor of 0.0002= (30061+17506)*0.0002= 9.5

So, the pretax with no down payment/ month = 348.75+9.5=359(appox)

Now, what should I pay for the car/ month including taxes if I live in Texas??

The dealer says my monthly payment= 434(appox)... and he took into account the same selling price, MF, residuals while arriving at this price.. he says its the tax!!!

Since, this is the first time I'm leasing, I'm confused.. is he taking me for a ride??

Any help would be much appreciated!!!
  • Options
    Hi,

It looks to me like the dealer is giving you a great lease deal.

359 a month for 36 months lease with 15k miles is a very good deal.
    IF we assume that sales tax is Texas is 5% then your monthly payment should be $359 + $18 = $377.

If your dealer is telling you $434 then he could either be trying to take advantage of you, or he is adding yearly exsize tax to your lease.

You should check with dealer to understand, but also let the dealer know that if the payment is higher then it should be he needs to explain very well why.

Good luck.
  • Options
    patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    Audi_buyer, why don't you also run those numbers by Car_man in our Lease Questions - Ask Here.

Good luck!
  • Options
    I did that quite a while ago.... and I'm still waiting for an answer.. probably he missed my question... Thanks
  • Options
    msfmsf Member Posts: 2
    Has anyone been able to get a NY/NJ Audi dealer to beat the advertised deal of $329 per month plus tax for 42 months and 10,000 miles per year?
  • Options
    patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    Feel free to repost ... good luck!
  • Options
    For $336 I got in addition to that deal, 12K miles, Auto, Premium color. This is in Massachussetts.
  • Options
    hypatiehypatie Member Posts: 1
    I am looking to buy my first car. I have been driving a 1980 Audi for the past four years and it still drives very well, except in the Winter due to the fact that it is a diesel, which can be a problem in Winnipeg.

I would really like to purchase a new 2004 Audi A4 1.8T and I was wondering if anyone knows where I can find the Canadian invoice price for the car. It will probably be more difficult to negotiate a better price as the nearest dealer is 550km away, but I'm willing to go that far if it helps. And I'm not quite sure that I want to spend $40,000 on a car...especially at my age.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • Options
    cra2ygir1cra2ygir1 Member Posts: 3
    I placed my order at Newport Beach Audi (Southern California) on March 3. On April 7, the salesman called to say it was on that week's build sheet and had a VIN.

I saw taylor_75_75's special order took 4 months to arrive at the retailer. Can anyone else share their experience on how long their orders took?

I'm very excited, but very impatient, as I'm sure you can understand. :)