Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Audi A4 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• jamiewu0203jamiewu0203 Member Posts: 11
    Hi everyone,
    I just pay my deposit for my 2007 Audi A4 few hours ago...
    Bernardi Audi in MA

2007 Audi A4
    - Auto
    - Premium Package
    - All wheal drive
    - Heated front seats
    - Black / Beige
    with a ODP(out of door, includes everything)price of 29,756. By the way... Newest info...

*** $3,000 cash back increases to $3,750 cash back ***

Hope this info can help you to deal with the dealer...
    Good luck!
    Can't WAIT to get my car :P
    By the way...if you appreciate these info please help me with this question:
    Does anyone know what do I need to make sure when the dealer hand me the car??? :confuse:
    Things like engine doesn't make odd noise and etc.
    Thank you for giving me ideas!
  • ychych Member Posts: 2
    Is the $3750 cash back incentive is for this month's delivery or next month? Thanks.
    How many keys do I get from the dealer with new 2007 audi A4??? What else do I get from delaer except the key?
  • tom8888tom8888 Member Posts: 2
    We got our A4 here at The Collection in Miami, they said we could have at least $5000 off MSRP on any 07 in stock. The car came out to a little over $25600 for a CVT with leather.
  • lroclroc Member Posts: 1
    Just picked up the following:

2007 Audi A4 2.0T
    Heated Front Seats
    Quattro - Automatic/Tiptronic
    Wood
    Convenience Pkge
    Blue Tooth
    Premium Pkge
    Sunroof
    Audi Care for alls scheduled maintenance included.

Audi of Huntington

$32,500. Gave me $23,000 on my 2005 Acura TL trade

Is this a good deal?

Got the $3,000 incentive but I just heard but haven't seen the increase to the $3,750 incentive as someone just posted. When did this increase take effect?
  • das107das107 Member Posts: 6
    I just called a dealership here in Chicago and the guy had the nerve to deny any cash back incentive. Did you get a price online?
    I actually talk to many dealers to find out there is $3,750 incentive. I was trying to compre prices from different dealers, and one of the dealer told me that "this is the best price we can give you with $3,750 cash back, you won't find any better deal around this time, at least in Boston area" and after that, I went to another dealer to confirm that there is $3,750 cash back! So this is for sure, but I don't think Audi put it online.
    :D
    I think price is okay, but you can always get a lower price since the car is in the inventory. With those packages, it harder to sell it when Audi are trying to clean up their inverntory.

$3,750 incentive was out about a week ago, it takes effect from the time I heard it or earlier!
  • das107das107 Member Posts: 6
    What dealer gave you that quote? Well I guess that would be right because you got the brilliant black which saves you $ vs. going with a pearl etc. That includes the $3750 cash back correct?
  • nyaudinyaudi Member Posts: 25
    If you work for a company in the Audi supplier program (IBM is one; there are 10 others) I think you can do pretty well right now. The extra $2K supplier program incentive can be taken on top of the $3K incentive. $2K supplier incentive is not assured past 7/31.

I could not confirm the $3750 incentive reported by others - perhaps it's for Aug deliveries? (which might rule out $2K supplier incentive) I'm happy enough with the offer and sticking w/local dealer will add free service loaners, etc...

So, for example:

A4 2.0T Quattro Manual
    Brillian black/black
    Premium
    Convenience
    Heated seats
    Destination Chg

$27,444 + tax/fees

Biggest catch is that inventory is declining if you're picky. We may end up going w/Dolphin Grey but that means we get stuck w/Bluetooth option that I could care less about...
  • mostro750mostro750 Member Posts: 9
    i am looking to trade my beloved S2000 for something a little more practical - i would have waited until '08 but came upon a "deal" today at my local audi shop -

it's a brand new '07 A4 6MT quattro with premium, convenience, bluetooth, sport suspension and heated seats, in deep sea blue.

pretty much the spec i want although i am on the fence on the sport suspension. and the color while distinctive (all the audis here are silver or grey or black) will be a [non-permissible content removed] to keep clean.

either way the MSRP is [B]35,680[/B] and the deal (before taxes) is [B]32,577[/B].

what i am struggling with is how much discount i should expect given i am right at the end of the model year. any input appreciated on the deal also on the sport suspension option.

cheers

A
  • smogilsmogil Member Posts: 40
    Hey mostro750, I think you can do better. And if not, for whatever reason, I would seriously consider a 2008. Read a few posts back where I posted my details. I got an '08, dolphin gray metallic, heated seats, premium, sport suspension and wood grain trim, for $32,000 including delivery. I would suggest that a newer model would get you $2-3k more on resale. Keep in mind the 2008's come standard with s-line exterior bumpers, grills, etc. I think it's worth it.

From what I've seen of the 2007's, looks like dealers are giving away better deals on standard colours, like black. From other's posts, sounds like you should be able to get $3k-$3,750 off invoice (not MSRP).
  • pholliephollie Member Posts: 45
    I find that there are very few of them available. Does that mean they are that much more popular than the sedan version and should carry a premium or that Audi sends very few over and for good reason...no one really wants them...at least not in N. America.
    Mostro750 - if you like this deal now, you'll be thrilled with how much better you can do. It has generally been easy to negotiate A4s to somewhere around $500-$1000 over invoice. (about 4-5% below MSRP) As of earlier this month, all A4s get a $3000 incentive to the dealer, and most are offering that on top of the typical prices. So in your case, I believe you should be looking at about $31K or less. Definitely call a couple more dealers on this one - you can make a great deal. Some people reported the incentive went up to $3750 although I couldn't find that.

'08 models have no real differences that'll command anything of merit in resale (nobody will care about a new bumper 4 years from now) so I think you'll be quite happy with the pricing you can get if this is a car you were already interested in.
    Can't say I agree that an '08 won't be worth more than an '07 in 4 years. Take a look at prices of an '03 vs. an '04 today and I know there's a material difference.
  • audimomaudimom Member Posts: 3
    A local dealer (Hartford, CT) has a 6 speed 2007 A4 3.0 with everything except Nav. It has 2,000 miles on it so they are selling as a CPO. Their price is $31,000. What is a reasonable price to pay for this vehicle? How much does the extended warranty that comes with a CPO worth?

Thanks in Advance!!!!
  • aguayoaguayo Member Posts: 6
    Hi all, first time poster, long time reader.

Wrapped up my first Audi A4 lease last night with Prestige Imports in North Miami, Fl. Nice buying experience. The deal I got was $373 w/ tax a month for 36 months, 12K a year, and $2000 out of pocket. Black w/ black leather. Pretty much what they had advertised in the Miami Herald over the weekend, just added $23 a month to get it upto 12K a year. They also paid the remaining $420 on my Nissan Altima lease.

Too bad I bought the car late in the evening in the rain and didn't notice that the windshield had scrathes on the edges and some other scratches on the trunk. I called them this morning and I'm exchanging the car for a new one later today. Didn't ask any questions or explainations, they just said bring it in and we'll do it over again - it just won't take as long.

-- JA
  • audimomaudimom Member Posts: 3
    The year on the A4 in my previous email is 2004, not 2007.....wishful thinking I guess.
  • lordoftheringslordoftherings Member Posts: 1
    I saw the invoice and also saw documentation of the incentive. The dealer provided me with both. I got my 2007 A4 2.0 T quattro with tiptronic for $29065. the msrp was 33565. It has premium package and the cold weather package. I also got exactly what edmunds listed my trade as. I pretty much worked a deal with one dealer he is the one that showed me the invoice and the incentive. I was orig looking for a passat but he told me about the incentive on the A4. They couldnt even match the deal with a year old Audi. They didnt have red so I walked and went to another dealer and said if you can match the deal you got a sale. They gave me more on my trade and matched the price on the new A4. The second deal seemed pretty easy so I am sure there is more money to be played with but I was happy because they have to make money and I got a good deal.
  • pistol_pete1pistol_pete1 Member Posts: 7
    Has anyone here purchased the Audi A4 in Canada? I cannot find dealer invoice pricing for Canada. Nor do I have info as to whether or not the $3000 dealer incentive is offered in Canada.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Pete
  • iminincimininc Member Posts: 14
    Does the $3750 incentive applies to S4 and cabriolet models also? According to AUDIUSA.com, they are also offering 3.9% financing on all cabriolet, will I get both the money incentive plus low financing? Thanks.
    Hey Pete, I actually live in Canada and have shopped around here. There is no good invoice pricing and the info isn't nearly as good (ie. no Edmunds-type site or info to help with negotiation). Pricing in Canada, due to the high Canadian dollar, is very much more expensive. On an A4 Quattro, you're looking at a price approx $7-10k higher than you would pay in the US.
    Hey smogil. Thanks for the reply. Yes, there is a big difference in price. But if I can find someone who has some inside knowledge on the A4 delaler invoice prices in Canada it would help me avoid getting ripped off during negotiations.

I read on some site to simply deduct the same 8.2% U.S markup from the Canadian MSRP. This will give you the Canadian dealer invoice.

Regarding the $3000 dealer incentive, do you suppose I could get this info directly from Audi?

Pete
    No, the $3k incentive is offered by dealers, it's not a "cash back" deal. If you want to get a no-nonsense price, let me know your email and I'm happy to email you a couple brokers that can give you a good deal.
    Yes, I know but is the incentive currently being offered to Canadian dealerships?

Where can I send you my e-mail? Don't want to post it in a public forum.
    2007 2.0T Quattro 6-spd
    Brilliant black
    Premium pkg
    Convenience pkg
    Htd seats
    Sport suspension
    Bluetooth

MSRP - $35150 w/dest. charge
    Paid - $28,100 (supplier program + dealer incentive)
  • zmpzmp Member Posts: 24
    Hey there, just wanted to let you know that I bought a 2007 2.0T Quattro-6M with premium package and bluetooth last month for $32500. I bought ina dealership in Highland Park, Illinois. I've been reading all these e-mails about the rebates and incentives, but they of course didn't say anything about that. I did manage to get a 2.15% interest rate though. The customer service was great, but I noticed a huge turbo lag and low torque on the car. They haven't done anything about that yet.
    do you know when Audi started giving this incentive to its customers? I bought my car on July 02. Thanks,
    Also, do you know if this incentive is for purchases only and not leases? Thanks.
  • thatsenoughthatsenough Member Posts: 7
    Very nice. Talked to one of the local audi dealers here last week. They wouldn't stack the supplier program with their incentives.......
    :shades:
    Does anyone have any new info. on the new 2008 Audi A4?
    What's new? Any improvement?

Thanks, advance!

:D
    Yep, I ordered mine a couple weeks ago. They come standard with s-line exterior, which includes s-line front and rear bumpers, grilles, side mouldings and rear spoiler. Full s-line package (including interior, rims, sport suspension, etc.) is thus a cheaper option. Everything else is the same as the '07.
    In our case they wouldn't stack supplier deal with any of the APR incentives like the 2% lease rate or 3% buy rate.

But as soon as they said we could combine the supplier deal w/the $3K cash incentive deal, it was clear that we would go that route instead of a lease renewal.

Had it been the $3750 reported by one person, that would have been positively insane... you'd be looking at A4s starting below $21K :-)
  • rumblebumblerumblebumble Member Posts: 7
    OK,

I spent a bit of time just now trying to get to the bottom of this factory-to-dealer question. I'm in Massachusetts.

According to three different dealers, the incentive was $3,000 in july, increased to $3,750 near the end of july, and reduced back to $3,000 at the start of August.

Depending on how inventory moves, it may go up again. Mid-month is a distinct possiblity.

I'm holding tight.
  • brianaudibrianaudi Member Posts: 9
    Hello Everyone,

I've been reading through all of the pages on this thread and haven't seen anything recent enough to help me out.

I am a Canadian looking to buy an Audi A4 Quattro (Black, black leather, sport suspension, ect) but the dealer prices are wild here. Fully loaded they are listed at approx. $45,000 CDN - which is approx $42,000 US.

Reading all of your posts I am extremely jelous of what you have been able to get.

My question is this: According to the Transport Canada I am able to purchase and import this particular model. Of course I will pay taxes and excise fees...but that won't make up the amazing difference in savings.

Do any of you guys know if US (ideally Northern US States like NY) will sell cars to Canadians? Also, are there warranty issues I should be concerned with?

Any and all help is very appreciated.
    Hey Brian, I also live in Canada and just bought an A4. The short answer is yes, it's easy to buy a car from the US and import it, and yes, it's an absolutely staggering amount of money that you save.

Check this out... http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.ef18c13/585

Give me your personal email if you want more info, I'm happy to share and help you out.
  • brianaudibrianaudi Member Posts: 9
    I'd be thrilled to hear more about the details.

Please e-mail me at your earliest convenience, of course.

[email protected]

Thanks in advance.
  • delta737hdelta737h Member Posts: 626
    newportcarguy,

Frankly, I as a consumer couldn't careless whether or not a dealership survives. In my view, car and insurance sales people are expendable (my dad and brother were in the insurance business). America is too FAT and needs to go on a diet. Unnecessary middlemen doesn't help matters. Why would I need a car sales person? Service? Baloney! The revolving door in car sales is alive and well! Know why? If you don't, you certainly should! Car sales people are usually NOT EMPOWERED to make decisions! Why? I'll leave that to you to figure out. Do I need a sales person to explain financing? To explain how GPS works? I can assure you that I have more expertise in these areas than than they do. So, why do I need them? What useful purpose do they serve?

Consumers will always act in their own best interest by trying to minimize cost. Dealers, on the other hand, will act to preserve their best interests by trying to maximize revenue. And so, some negotiating needs to occur. For instance, traditionally, a lease contract is a contract of adhesion which means that it is a non-negotiable agreement between parties of unequal bargaining power. However, in order to craft a fair and equitable agreement that best preserves fair gamesmanship, good faith bargaining demands that all parties have equal access to all pertinent information including cost of money (i.e., money factors, interest rates) and residual factors. The FRBB's Reg. M does not require that money factors be disclosed. The auotmotive industry lobbyists argued that such disclosures would CONFUSE consumers. That's both insulting and very presumptuous! I'm not the least bit confused and there are many others just like me who aren't confused either. Their argument is severely flawed and amounts to nothing more that a POOR EXCUSE for non-disclosure. And that's just one example of what angers me about NADA, NVLA, etc., and their lobbyists.

I always FAX/email a one page lease proposal to a car dealership... one at a time. I don't play games such as: Can you beat this? That's crap! Ball park numbers don't cut it either! If the dealer agrees, all they need to do is transplant the numbers in my proposal directly onto the lease agreement, have the papers ready for me to sign, and away I go. Yes, it's that simple.

I live in Ohio and what I've discovered, also makes me very angry. Many Ohio dealerships (and others) make mistakes especially in those cases where the first payment is to be capitalized into the lease. The capitalized first payment seldom matches the remaining payments. ALL payments MUST match... it's NOT rocket science... trust me. In addition, sales tax is often computed incorrectly. I patiently worked with a leasing software developer not long ago and they finally saw the light. Obviously, there were flaws in their leasing software. I later learned that they continued with their erroneous ways. Makes me furious! Some leasing software developers do not understand leasing mathematics and neither do dealerships. Here, I'll prove it...

Ask any dealership to compute monthly payments where the first of those payments is to be capitalized in the lease. I promise you that the calculation will be wrong 95% of the time. The capitalized payment will be less than the remaining payments.

Now, why would I want to do business with dealerships, much less care whether they make a profit or not, knowing that they can't correctly compute lease payments??? I love it when car sales people ask me how they can earn my business. I always respond with something they've never heard before... "you can CORRECTLY complete the lease agreement. Every number must be spot on. I'll make it easy for you; here's my lease proposal."... Almost always, I have to correct them (and they don't even listen or care... it's their attitude and that makes me furious) and then, I simply move on. I'm very cordial and just want to be helpful. Usually, they'll cop an arrogant attitude. Remember, customers can have an attitude (I don't condone it)... you can't!!!

Regarding pricing... Pricing is governed by supply and demand dynamics. If market conditions are such that consumers refuse to pay more than dealer cost, then you as a dealership must decide whether or not you're willing and able to sell at or below cost. Many people don't realize that Dealer Cost < Invoice. Some people are getting fabulous deals on Honda Pilots right now. Check the pilot forums.

I won't apologize for spouting off. I'm sick of uncaring sales people whining and crying. All they seem to care about is making a sale and couldn't careless about academics (e.g., financial mathematics). And, please, don't give me the excuse that it's the F&I guy's responsibility. That's pure bull! Every salesmen should know how to compute payments, understand cash flow analysis, etc., and be responsible as well as accountable. Otherwise, they're nothing more than order takers. Want fries with that?

John
    Medina, Ohio
  • coolbearcoolbear Member Posts: 2
    I know www.wholesalebuyinggroup.net exports Audi's to Canada along with any other car...Plus you get the car wholesale from the manufacturer and auction facilities...
  • coolbearcoolbear Member Posts: 2
    Check out www.wholesalebuyinggroup.net and you may find the Audi cheaper just by buying to wholesale without all the incentives...
    But this website looks like it's just for cars coming off auction. It doesn't help with brand new cars.
  • vorevore Member Posts: 4
    Help please on getting the right target price:

- Premium Pkg
    - Certified Pre-Owned (Dealer Service Car)
    - Miles 4K
    - Dealer not going below: $32.9

Any thoughta ... much appreciated.
    Which state do you live?
    Auto or Manual?
    What color are you getting?

32.9K is way too high...
    With this money, you can buy a brand new one and still have some money left in your pocket!!!
    That's insane. Danbury Audi offered us a loaded 2007 3.2 including premium, convenience, navigation, etc... with 5K miles for around $32K. That is a much much higher priced car than what you're describing. Only catch was no 100K warranty - std. manuf. warranty.
  • sonyvaiosonyvaio Member Posts: 6
    Hi, nyaudi, did you buy your new Audi from Danbury? Is the one manual or auto?
  • bluedog4bluedog4 Member Posts: 2
    I'm a car idiot trying to negotiate a price for a
    2007 A4 Quattro Sedan
    Silver metallic
    Premium and Convenience packages
    Audio Package
    Blue tooth

MSRP 37,190 Invoice Price 35,614

I asked about the Dealer Incentive---Dealer says they can give me only 2000 off---My question-Is it reasonable to ask for the full dealer incentive off of the invoice price?
    Is 32, 600 a reasonable price for this car (with taxes)?

Thanks
    Hi Bluedog4,
    If you really want to save some money, you don't want to ask delers how low they can give you... You just give them a price and said you got that price from XXX dealer, ask them can they beat that price?

I think 32,600 included everything is a reasonable price for the car you mentioned.
  • bluedog4bluedog4 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks jamiewu0203-----I appreciate your response.
  • rallyfanrallyfan Member Posts: 36
    I WAS AT A AUDI DEALER 3 WEEKS AGO AND THEY HAD ALL OF THEIR 07 A4 WITH A 5K DISCOUNT SO CAL SAN DIEGO HOPES THIS HELPS RALLYFAN
  • terrytianterrytian Member Posts: 1
    hello nyaudi, could you please let me know name of dealer from which you got the deal? I checked one of dealers in MA, they can only offer $5000 off MSRP but no more supplier program can be stacked:(