Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• andy603andy603 Member Posts: 59
    36.8 +/- $300 is about what i'm seeing out there now in my area. Given no incentives and low inventory (at least around here) unless Honda surprises folks, its prob as low as its gonna get. That said the inventories of EX-L seems MUCH higher...who knows!
  • cm111cm111 Member Posts: 7
    Just purchased an EX-L with RES two weeks ago. It came with two sets of headphones.
  • jbihun1jbihun1 Member Posts: 16
    does that include tax? I have the guy here in town at 37,100 for the Touring with splash guards and the cross bars included. Plus tax, title, doc fee, filing fee.

The 37100 includes the 400 under the invoice plus destination fee.
  • jbihun1jbihun1 Member Posts: 16
    just got another quote, 36,436 with destination,+ TTL. Cross bars and Flaps. Is that a deal? I can't tell. It should be a couple hudred below invoice.
  • hoosbesthoosbest Member Posts: 39
    Not a great deal for those considering a Touring at $36-37K. I walked away from out the door for a Touring in June at $35K OTD. You would be foolish for spending $36 or $37K now for a 2009 model. That car will be a year old in two weeks with the debut of the 2010 and your depreciation hit will be large. Unless you are getting a better deal that that, buy a 2010 for basically the same price next month. New car sales are not great - and Honda made no changes to the 2010 to enhance demand. There will be plenty of 2010 around shortly.
    you really think you can get a 2010 for about the same (36 +/-)? What exactly would the depreciation difference really between the 2 years anyway?
  • ncmvasdjncmvasdj Member Posts: 2
    I know that some dealers already are getting the 2010 Honda Odyssey. We are planning on buying one in the next week and want to know what recent OTD prices people have paid for a 2009 Honda Odyssey Ex-L near the Macon, Ga area. We are not interested in getting the Nav/DVD system with the car. Thanks.
  • and5555and5555 Member Posts: 1
    I was looking at getting an 09 Odyssey and then began to look at getting 2010 as time went on.

My concern is that the 2011 Odyssey is supposed to be completely redesigned.

I'm concerned for two reasons:
    1) Depreciation: In the year 2016 (when I could theoretically sell this vehicle) why would somebody want a 2010 "old" style Odyssey instead of a 2011 (one year difference) "new" Odyssey? For example, why would anybody want a 2004 Odyssey when the 2005 (new, better design) costs a little more?
    2) Introduction of 2011 next year bringing 2010 prices way down: I would expect that when the newly designed 2011 is introduced, there will be HUGE incentives to get rid of the 2010 models (since their designs would be "old").

It seems that this same kind of thing happened with the Civic in 06. I have the new Civic, and I can definitely see a difference between the 05 and 06, at least in "hotness factor".

For these reasons, I'm considering buying used until a few years down the line when I would upgrade to the new Odyssey.

Anybody have any thoughts, similar concerns, or reassurance?

Thanks,
    Andy
  • caseyjrcaseyjr Member Posts: 9
    I wouldn't buy a 2011 because you risk new problems with a new design.
  • drivmywifecrzydrivmywifecrzy Member Posts: 61
    I agree. Wait until 2012 models.
  • smadhusmadhu Member Posts: 16
    How much did you paid for EX-L/RES.
    Pls state where and when you saw. thx
  • jimbob1jimbob1 Member Posts: 70
    I'm concerned for two reasons:
    1) Depreciation: In the year 2016 (when I could theoretically sell this vehicle) why would somebody want a 2010 "old" style Odyssey instead of a 2011 (one year difference) "new" Odyssey? For example, why would anybody want a 2004 Odyssey when the 2005 (new, better design) costs a little more?
    2) Introduction of 2011 next year bringing 2010 prices way down: I would expect that when the newly designed 2011 is introduced, there will be HUGE incentives to get rid of the 2010 models (since their designs would be "old").

You might be over thinking this. You'll be looking at selling a 5 or 6 year old minivan. It's not like we're dealing with collectibles or supercars. :)
  • jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    If the drivetrain stays basically the same without anything revolutionary -- then the revamp may be more cosmetic with lots of hype. Would buy if that is the case but will be interested to see what develops.
  • mohanpmohanp Member Posts: 26
    You put this in Brilliantly.. !!! Perfect thought Odyssey is not a rare entity...

"You might be over thinking this. You'll be looking at selling a 5 or 6 year old minivan. It's not like we're dealing with collectibles or supercars"
  • nobonobo Member Posts: 305
    If they follow the footsteps of the upcoming Toyota Sienna, they should have a 6 speed transmission in 2011.
    You are almost always better off financially waiting to buy a car. Having said that, we purchased an EX-L w/RES two weeks ago (incentives were still on) in the color combo we wanted at the lowest quote I had received on an Odyssey in the 4-5 years I have been checking. We plan to keep this for 10+ years, a minimum holding period for a new vehicle if you want it to make financial sense. My take - In 2020, both the new and the old style will be old styles, and the value will be about the same, give or take a few hundred bucks.

Other considerations should be a priority, not the "style" unless you are one of the folks that likes a new car every three years. Most Honda owners are not in this boat, however. The current model has most of the bugs worked out and is a functional, good looking car. With current pricing, we thought purchasing now made sense for us.
    We had a trade so the price is tough to compare on an apples-to-apples basis. Based on my estimate of the fair-trade value of my vehicle, we paid about $28K. Could have been a bit more or less depending on the trade value though it's a bit tough to judge in this used car market. Incentives were still on at the time ($2,500 dealer cash).
  • auchristynaauchristyna Member Posts: 19
    At this time, understanding there aren't any incentives, what do you feel is a fair price on the 2010 EX-L model w/ RES?

I was going to get a 2009 model, but just missed the incentives by 2 days....no point in paying the 2009 prices when I can get the newer model. My dealer has the 2010 trim I want coming in Friday/Saturday. He is calling me tomorrow w/ a quote and I wanted to get feedback to know what is reasonable. Thanks!
  • dbtdbt Member Posts: 298
    The 2010 Acura MDX and ZDX will have shiftable 6 speed auto transmissions. Quite possible that they will migrate (perhaps w/o the shifters) to the Odyssey & Pilot for 2011.
  • sashesashe Member Posts: 6
    I just saw 2010 Odyssey in inventory on this site. However I have not seen them in person. Not sure if they entered this data into their system expecting shipment.

http://www.dublinhonda.com/new-inventory/index.htm?reset=InventoryListing
    Here they come! thx Sashe. I look forward to hearing from folks about what they are being quoted/paid for 2010s. I'll be curious to see to what extent my local dealers will negotiate given that they likely will posture for a while given the newness of the vehicle and seeing the drooling prospective buyer wanting to take one of the first one's off the lot. I think they will have a little leverage for a while.
    So far I have only found 1 dealer in the Houston area that has any 2010 models in stock. The price I was quoted for 2010 EX-L RES was $32566.71.

One other dealer is suppose to call me today with a quote on the 2010's he will receive in the next day or two.

I am wondering how long it will be before incentives are offered on the 2010 models. I would like one by Christmas, but doubt any discounts will be offered in 2009.
    thx auchristyna. If my numbers are right, the 2010 EX-L with RES MSRP is $35715. I cant see anywhere yet what the invoice is but if its in line with 2009, then its about $32,381 +/- If true, your price is right around invoice which I think is 'ok' not great but not bad by any means.
  • jfcarjfcar Member Posts: 10
    As of today the dealer at the link posted has 24 2009's in stock (if they update their website, which it appears they do since they just added 10's to it).

How many people are going to buy a 2009 when 2010's are sittting right next to them at close to the same price?
    so here's where it gets interesting...assuming that their prices are 'close' to each other, meaning maybe $1000 or so then you have to ask yourself 2 (at least) questions I think:

1) how long has the 09 been sitting on the lot roasting in the sun (if you care)
    2) whats the diff in resale value of what is for all practical matters the exact same car just that it came off the mfg floor a little later and has 2010 on it?

I suppose the answer to #2 depends on how long you plan to keep the car. It also depends on if you finance or lease. If you lease, it shouldnt matter- you should take whatever deal is better, if at all...if its the same, hell, I'd take the newer one. If the 2010 is higher, see question #1 then decide.
  • smadhusmadhu Member Posts: 16
    Can you give me OTD price .I am looking for EX-L /RES.Thanks.
  • psumommyof2psumommyof2 Member Posts: 18
    I can't seem to find any recent pricing on the EX model and there don't seem to be many of these on local dealer lots, anyone know if these models are hard to come by? I currently have an 07 LX and would like to upgrade a bit to the EX model. I'm coming off a lease, have 2 payments remaining and would like to get into a newer model with the power doors (I'm tired of my kids struggling to open the doors and me being scared they'll lose an arm!). Any one know of what would be a price on these? Has anyone used Honda's Lease loyalty program, I'm wondering if I could get into a new van sooner?

Thanks.
    Just got another quote for 2010 EX-L RES.....$31,505. $1K less than the quote I received yesterday.
  • gmp922gmp922 Member Posts: 7
    In internet negotiations on 09 lx is MSRP is $26,355 invoice $23,890..dealer is saying he can give me 26k out the door. I'm trying to get him down to 25k out the door. Taxes, title is around 1600..do you think 25k is doable for them? I'm in NE Ohio if that makes a difference.Thanks
  • karenkjkarenkj Member Posts: 7
    Do you happen to have this quote on paper (email)? Would you mind emailing it to me? Might help in my negotiations!!!!

kisrow@hotmail.com
  • caseyjrcaseyjr Member Posts: 9
    You wrote: "The 2010 Acura MDX and ZDX will have shiftable 6 speed auto transmissions. Quite possible that they will migrate (perhaps w/o the shifters) to the Odyssey & Pilot for 2011. "

Is it true that the launch for the 2010 MDX and ZDX has been delayed? Is it because of these new transmissions?

How long after the release of these new transmissions will it take to discover if there is a problem? Will it show up in the first year? If they test the new transmissions on the MDX and ZDX and then put it in the 2011 Odyssey and Pilot. Do you take the risk that 2-3-4 years later problems won't pop up?
  • sashesashe Member Posts: 6
    Could you please forward the dealer name and the quote to my email address sashemailid at yahoo dot com
  • newyearnewcarnewyearnewcar Member Posts: 24
    I think it's because you can negotiate a better deal with them for the 09's. We just got our 09 Odyssey EX-L in May and we got a pretty good deal. 2010's JUST came out so dealers are probably be firmer with their prices.
  • psumommyof2psumommyof2 Member Posts: 18
    So, I emailed a dealer asking about 2010 EX pricing and this was her response.

The list price of the 2010 Honda Odyssey EX is $30,615 - however, I can sell you one of our incoming ones for $28,683 (not including tax & tags). We can look at your 2007 Honda Odyssey & see if you have any equity in it towards your new purchase. We are in need of pre-owned Odysseys to expand our Certified inventory!!

I wouldn't have equity in this van, since i'm leasing it, correct?) I keep asking them about Honda Loyalty programs and she keeps ignoring that question. That price seems really high to me - anyone familiar with this pricing?

thanks.
  • bigdadi118bigdadi118 Member Posts: 1,207
    psumommyof2

There is no Honda Loyalty program
    There is no incentives
    What you can do is to see if dealer is willing sell at invoice or veven to give 2% holdback,
    Dealer Invoice / MSRP
    Base Price $27,098 / $29,905
    Destination Charge $710 / $710
    Total Price $27,808 / $30,615
  • jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    You might have equity if they really want your leased car. If it's super clean with low miles, you can get "trade in" quotes from several dealers. When you give it to them they may be able to flip it and turn a nice profit. Being generous to the max, they may cut you in on the profit and credit you toward a new lease -- which they make money on as well. ;)
  • rlinmdrlinmd Member Posts: 2
    Hey Jubethone,
    I wanted to see what honda dealer you purchased your odyssey touring from. Im in the market to buy one and was quoted a price of $40500 OTD today.
    Thanks
    Rob
  • shelldmshelldm Member Posts: 4
    I am in the market for a new Odyssey in MD and have made several offers to dealerships but they don't want to budge and are asking about $1000 above invoice. The price you paid for the touring seems fair and I wanted to see which dealership in MD you would recommend. Thanks!
  • dbtdbt Member Posts: 298
    There is a chance of a delay on the 2010 MDX until December. Large stock of 09s is the claim for the delay at this point. The ZDX should be available in winter, possibly around the same time.

On the new transmissions, it's hard to say. It's an advancement that needs more testing, but I would venture to guess that the reason for Honda's lateness to the market with a six-speed auto has something to do with the problems in the early 00s Ody & Accord V6 autos, i.e. their response is to test even more than competitors before release. But, I could be wrong.
    All Hondas have 5/60 tranny & engine warranties.
  • jubethonejubethone Member Posts: 5
    Norris Honda in Dundalk, MD is the one I purchased mine from. I got it on the last day that they had some kind of dealer rebate. I got a quote pretty close to that from a dealership in Rockville, but I forgot the name.
    Yes, mine included the tax. 36800 out the door included the TTL and all the options.
    see above message.
  • madison_1madison_1 Member Posts: 2
    I've been getting quotes for 2009 EXL RES just above $30k, which is about $2K less than invoice.
    Have you gotten multiple quotes from other deals? Your price is WAY high. You should be able to buy at or very close to invoice, just look at a few of the posts in the past month on this forum.
  • bryanwxupbryanwxup Member Posts: 4
    Hello all,
    Just bought a 2009 Honda Odyssey EX-L in Black with Ivory inside, R&N model (Rear seat entertainment DVD with 2 headsets & Navigation package including Bluetooth integration). I bought it at Poway Honda in San Diego, CA for $32,074. I exported it to Germany so there was no sales tax or DMV fees. Window sticker was $38,074. Dealer price on the car's front window was $36,000. $2000 was dealer incentive from Honda. $2000 off was given by the salesman. It was the last sales day of the month.
    incentive is back??? I dont think they are...which tells me the dealer either got a secret deal/discount from Honda, or he's selling it at a loss. Can you confirm this? For you, you probably don't care bacause you got an AWESOME price at about $2k below invoice. Congrats!
  • stevekalstevekal Member Posts: 13
    andy, bryanwxup stated that he got the deal on the last sales day of the month ... probably meaning the last day of June ... i suspect honda will do something come august in terms of bringing back the incentives for the 09's, given that the 10's are imminently arriving.

at least in my local area, the dealers sold alot of odysseys in June, when the incentives were active, but have sold very few this month.
  • bamboo222bamboo222 Member Posts: 20
    I concurr with Stevekal. Please clarify if you are talking about last day of JUNE.
  • trc101trc101 Member Posts: 11
    I signed papers today for a 2010 EX-L with Rear DVD for $31,200 in Slate Green Metallic with Grey Leather interior. Sticker was close to $36,000. I pick it up tomorrow and am very excited!